FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bring back hanging

Bring back hanging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seeing as its now considered "ok" by some to kill a ten year old child for being in the wrong place and upsetting an animal. We may as well bring back corporal punishment for most crimes. Seems that's how people especially vegans want it. I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Seeing as its now considered "ok" by some to kill a ten year old child for being in the wrong place and upsetting an animal. We may as well bring back corporal punishment for most crimes. Seems that's how people especially vegans want it. I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment."

The parents should be given some kind of penalty for negligence + the institution of keeping wild animals should also be fined for not having safer fencing. Both parties have been unforgivably negligent.

"Seeing as its now considered "ok" by some to kill a ten year old child for being in the wrong place and upsetting an animal. We may as well bring back corporal punishment for most crimes. Seems that's how people especially vegans want it. I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment."

Thought they shot the gorilla not the child

"Seeing as its now considered "ok" by some to kill a ten year old child for being in the wrong place and upsetting an animal. We may as well bring back corporal punishment for most crimes. Seems that's how people especially vegans want it. I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment.

Thought they shot the gorilla not the child "

They did

I blame the humans- hang em all!!

Oh...wait...

"Seeing as its now considered "ok" by some to kill a ten year old child for being in the wrong place and upsetting an animal. We may as well bring back corporal punishment for most crimes. Seems that's how people especially vegans want it. I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment.

Thought they shot the gorilla not the child They did "

Thought i had read it wrong

It will never be brought back whilst we are in Europe.....another good reason to leave

Gorilla steak tastes a bit like chicken

One day when you least expect it, animal activists will train that badgers' relatives to drive. They will hunt you down. My advice is not to walk alone on any country lanes at night.

The parents should be given some kind of penalty for negligence + the institution of keeping wild animals should also be fined for not having safer fencing. Both parties have been unforgivably negligent. "

I don't think the parents should be fined at all. The 10 year old kid was doing what most 10 year old kids do...climb stuff then fall off. Just so happened he fell into a gorilla enclosure.

The parents should be given some kind of penalty for negligence + the institution of keeping wild animals should also be fined for not having safer fencing. Both parties have been unforgivably negligent.

I don't think the parents should be fined at all. The 10 year old kid was doing what most 10 year old kids do...climb stuff then fall off. Just so happened he fell into a gorilla enclosure. "

He got a better view than most. Surely, an increased admission price is justified?

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

Are we all talking about the same incident?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Are we all talking about the same incident?"

I must admit I'm getting confused...gorillas...badgers...??

I don't think the parents should be fined at all. The 10 year old kid was doing what most 10 year old kids do...climb stuff then fall off. Just so happened he fell into a gorilla enclosure. "

Sorry no, apparently the child deserves death. And swift at that. Child's thought process...

"I like climbing!. Oh oh I've fallen! I hurt! Where's my mum and dad? There's a Gorilla! There's a man with a gun, i hope he shoots me in the face so that the gorilla is ok".

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

Only for vegans

"Only for vegans "

https://youtu.be/z0O_VYcsIk8

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

How are the zoo not accountable for having better safety precautions in place to stop said child from falling into an enclosure?

Don't let the anti badger cull brigade find out. They are some crazy motherfuckers

"How are the zoo not accountable for having better safety precautions in place to stop said child from falling into an enclosure? "

That doesn't sell tabloid papers in quite the same way. Not sensationalist enough.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

" I ran over a badger once. I'm expecting the firing squad any moment."

I did that once the bustard broke my bumper and ran off.. Speedy buggers them badgers.

Anyone who blames the kid probably doesn't have kids

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Anyone that thinks its acceptable to shoot children should be fed to the lions, with a warning in lion speak that the head of the food may be a bit dense in the chewing..

Oh for the love of all that's decent in this world can we leave Badgers out of this .......

I mean c'mon..... all it takes if one mention of Badgers and that poodle haired libertarian Brian ( I'm best mates with Charles and Camilla) May will perch himself on top of Buckingham Palace again ,,,, and play yet another impromptu rendition of God save the Queen......

Hanging people is a terrible way to punishish people.

It's disgraceful - nobody should EVER be hanged no matter what they do.

We should hang all the hangmen if this is brought back because hanging people is NOT the answer

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Oh for the love of all that's decent in this world can we leave Badgers out of this .......

I mean c'mon..... all it takes if one mention of Badgers and that poodle haired libertarian Brian ( I'm best mates with Charles and Camilla) May will perch himself on top of Buckingham Palace again ,,,, and play yet another impromptu rendition of God save the Queen......

"

Poodles are loyal hunting dogs, don't you day mention that frazzled mop head in the same breath.

Hanging is too good for you in this case. I suggest castration with a blunt plant dibber

"Oh for the love of all that's decent in this world can we leave Badgers out of this .......

Poodles are loyal hunting dogs, don't you day mention that frazzled mop head in the same breath.

Hanging is too good for you in this case. I suggest castration with a blunt plant dibber "

Be careful what you wish for,,,,, I can put up quite a struggle and you could end up well and truly dib-dib-dobbed on my blunt instrument.........

By *all and ChainWoman  over a year ago

Truro

It will never be brought back whilst we are in Europe.....another good reason to leave "

Be careful what you wish for, there are no shortages of examples in human society where anything outside of heterosexual males and females, and life long mate pairing between them, was seen as illegal and even punishable by death.

Examples that are extant in the world today in 2016.

Who knows what could be considered the new normal here in another 10 years.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Is this about the 4 year old who fell into the gorilla enclosure at Cincinnati zoo? Or is it about another story I'm unfamiliar with?

I thought it was a 4 year old who climbed in? Not a 10 year old? They said on the radio that it had grabbed the child (although not straight away) but was starting to drag him around?

The child was a 4 year old.

Gorilla steak tastes a bit like chicken "

Mmmmmm Gorilla steak, is it known as silverside or silverback though?

I think if capital punishment is brought back, a toll should be introduced. Something like 1 innocent orphan child in care for the hanging of 1 "guilty" man. If it's voted that the guilty man's death is worth the orphan, then go ahead and kill em both.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

If you tried to hang a hawk they could always hover so the rope went slack

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

'Angin's too good for 'em... Electrocutions they need.

Electrocute some sense into 'em

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Next time happens, give us a shout, I have a burger recipe for that.

The badger, obvs, not the 10 year old child.

Where does Tarzan cook his burgers?

You know it....

Mr ddc

isis is wasting their time killing people to try get attention they would be better off shooting a lion or a gorilla

I blame ...

YOU

HIM

HER

AND EVERY OTHER FUCKER APART FROM GARY THE GORILLA.

evesham

"I thought it was a 4 year old who climbed in? Not a 10 year old? They said on the radio that it had grabbed the child (although not straight away) but was starting to drag him around?"

Yeah that's the one, was some confusion on the other thread about his age although that's not really the point here though.

Kent

I'd have shot the boy to be honest. Gorillas are quite rare, boys are ten a penny

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

"How are the zoo not accountable for having better safety precautions in place to stop said child from falling into an enclosure? "

Child is only 4. WTF were the parents doing letting him climb????

JG x

Gorilla steak tastes a bit like chicken

Mmmmmm Gorilla steak, is it known as silverside or silverback though?"

It doesn't matter. Best done rate, though. Same with little children.

I'll be there forever giving you a long hanging list

I would like to see video evidence before making my judgment and calling out the guilty party.

Let's play the blame game.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

16) Westboro Baptist Church

Kent

Back in the '70s chimps could get mortgages, dress themselves, make a cup of tea and engage in gainful employment in the piano removals business. Now they live in naked squalor on YOUR money the work shy cunts

"Let's play the blame game.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

16) Westboro Baptist Church"

You missed out the McCanns

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

You missed out the McCanns"

cant see the mcanns being at the zoo that would mean taking their children with them

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

cant see the mcanns being at the zoo that would mean taking their children with them "

Congratulations you just won the Internet !

By *KMaxMan  over a year ago

Bristol

It will never be brought back whilst we are in Europe.....another good reason to leave "

I'd class that as a good reason to stay.

Bristol

I'd class that as a good reason to stay.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

You missed out the McCanns"

And Dr David kelly.

evesham

"Back in the '70s chimps could get mortgages, dress themselves, make a cup of tea and engage in gainful employment in the piano removals business. Now they live in naked squalor on YOUR money the work shy cunts"

hahaha

Bubbles isn't blowing anymore..

They could of tried a Banana n a fishing rod 1st really before shooting the poor gorilla.

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

And Dr David kelly."

'not seeing "the unions" on this list... or "the management" for that matter either.

Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger

I thought the kid was 4years old not 10, or is this another Gorilla story??

#confused

"I thought the kid was 4years old not 10, or is this another Gorilla story??

#confused "

You're quite right. I was getting my knickers in a twist because people think it's ok to shoot 10 year olds! No no, the child was four. "READY AIM FIRE!".

Probbaly because the hundreds of thousands of other visitors had never had a problem and the expectation of parents to supervise thier child meant that it was not aomething that was reasonably foreseen.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

Clearly this is a case where the swisscheese model of error prevention failed therefor i blame those damn neutrals!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

And that is why the world is in the shit, lets blame everyone else for our mistakes, if you have kids either keep an eye on them or accept the consequences

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"How are the zoo not accountable for having better safety precautions in place to stop said child from falling into an enclosure?

And that is why the world is in the shit, lets blame everyone else for our mistakes, if you have kids either keep an eye on them or accept the consequences "

"Hanging people is a terrible way to punishish people.

We should hang all the hangmen if this is brought back because hanging people is NOT the answer"

Totally agree - much better to slowly torture them and then draw their limbs out one by one.

I prefer animals to most humans if I'm honest.

Gorilla gets shot through no fault of its own.

Tragic

Lyndhurst

"I prefer animals to most humans if I'm honest.

Tragic

"

We should hang all the hangmen if this is brought back because hanging people is NOT the answer

Totally agree - much better to slowly torture them and then draw their limbs out one by one. "

You sound psychotic.

Tragic

"

Being the sociable type i get on with most normal people very well. Certainly i can't talk chimpanzee yet. Maybe Fats you are indeed Dr Doolittle. However, swinging does necessitate a certain amount of "people skills". I feel inclined to point out that if you truly feel that you associate more successfully with animals rather than people, then maybe swinging, which is an inherently social pursuit, isn't for you.

Totally agree - much better to slowly torture them and then draw their limbs out one by one.

You sound psychotic. "

MY POST WAS DELIBERATELY CONTRADICTORY!

It was deliberately idiotic and anyone with a brain could see that

You sound psychotic.

It was deliberately idiotic and anyone with a brain could see that "

You can't assume everyone on here will have a brain,or use the one they do have

You sound psychotic.

You can't assume everyone on here will have a brain,or use the one they do have "

Hang the idiots tbh

"I think if capital punishment is brought back, a toll should be introduced. Something like 1 innocent orphan child in care for the hanging of 1 "guilty" man. If it's voted that the guilty man's death is worth the orphan, then go ahead and kill em both. "

????????

Tragic

Being the sociable type i get on with most normal people very well. Certainly i can't talk chimpanzee yet. Maybe Fats you are indeed Dr Doolittle. However, swinging does necessitate a certain amount of "people skills". I feel inclined to point out that if you truly feel that you associate more successfully with animals rather than people, then maybe swinging, which is an inherently social pursuit, isn't for you."

Don't bother addressing me in the forums or anywhere else as I haven't asked for your opinion on whether I should be here or not?

You have nothing to say that interests me. So keep your unwarranted opinions about me to yourself as I'm not interested in anything that you have to say.

Tragic

Being the sociable type i get on with most normal people very well. Certainly i can't talk chimpanzee yet. Maybe Fats you are indeed Dr Doolittle. However, swinging does necessitate a certain amount of "people skills". I feel inclined to point out that if you truly feel that you associate more successfully with animals rather than people, then maybe swinging, which is an inherently social pursuit, isn't for you.

Don't bother addressing me in the forums or anywhere else as I haven't asked for your opinion on whether I should be here or not?

You have nothing to say that interests me. So keep your unwarranted opinions about me to yourself as I'm not interested in anything that you have to say."

Translation: "fuck, rumbled"

evesham

Tragic

You have nothing to say that interests me. So keep your unwarranted opinions about me to yourself as I'm not interested in anything that you have to say."

handbags at dawn!!!!!

Tragic

You not think it's dumb to post one a person's thread then say "you can't talk to me" when they reply? I think it's dumb

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Not quite sure everyone understands how forums work?

Oh well back to the Darwin awards for me

Bring back hanging. ...an infamous headline in the Sun newspaper a good few years back. ..

.They wanted to hang 6 innocent people from Birmingham. .. . Never caught on. ...thankfully.

Tragic

I see you are still spreading joy and light wherever you post Fatty!

Tragic

You have nothing to say that interests me. So keep your unwarranted opinions about me to yourself as I'm not interested in anything that you have to say.

You not think it's dumb to post one a person's thread then say "you can't talk to me" when they reply? I think it's dumb "

Yeah it's almost as dumb as when someone can't tell when someone else deliberately posts an intelligently structured post that's deliberately designed to make them appear to be stupid when they're clearly NOT

bournemouth

"Bring back hanging. ...an infamous headline in the Sun newspaper a good few years back. ..

.They wanted to hang 6 innocent people from Birmingham. .. . Never caught on. ...thankfully. "

I believe the convictions were found to be unsafe, thats very different from being innocent

Tragic

You not think it's dumb to post one a person's thread then say "you can't talk to me" when they reply? I think it's dumb

Yeah it's almost as dumb as when someone can't tell when someone else deliberately posts an intelligently structured post that's deliberately designed to make them appear to be stupid when they're clearly NOT "

What?

"Bring back hanging. ...an infamous headline in the Sun newspaper a good few years back. ..

.They wanted to hang 6 innocent people from Birmingham. .. . Never caught on. ...thankfully.

I believe the convictions were found to be unsafe, thats very different from being innocent "

.....no....they were originally released for that reason. ...cleared of all charges later....but played down by various people who are still involved in a smear campaign. ..

You sound psychotic.

Hang the idiots tbh"

Do we vote on who the idiots are?

Tragic

Yeah it's almost as dumb as when someone can't tell when someone else deliberately posts an intelligently structured post that's deliberately designed to make them appear to be stupid when they're clearly NOT

What?"

Exactly

You sound psychotic.

Hang the idiots tbh

Do we vote on who the idiots are? "

Of course not only idiots vote

Tragic

What?

Exactly "

I'm sorry but I don't follow you - either I don't understand the context or your point, or you're talking nonsense.

You sound psychotic.

Hang the idiots tbh

Do we vote on who the idiots are?

Of course not only idiots vote "

How do we decide who the idiots are? What if they want to hang us?

Tragic

What?

Exactly

I'm sorry but I don't follow you - either I don't understand the context or your point, or you're talking nonsense. "

He's talking about his comment further up that some people took seriously.

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

Thought they shot the gorilla not the child "

i guess if the zoo was in hartlepool they would've shot the child and hung the ape

Tragic

What?

Exactly

I'm sorry but I don't follow you - either I don't understand the context or your point, or you're talking nonsense.

He's talking about his comment further up that some people took seriously. "

Ah thank you, had no idea. Why don't people explain when asked? It's so tedious.

Kent

Didn't anyone have one of those drones?, drone in drone the gorilla in the balls drone out with the kiddie. Either that or one of them laser pens that bring down aeroplanes

"Didn't anyone have one of those drones?, drone in drone the gorilla in the balls drone out with the kiddie. Either that or one of them laser pens that bring down aeroplanes "

doubt it you seen how hard it was to kill king kong

Tragic

What?

Exactly

Ah thank you, had no idea. Why don't people explain when asked? It's so tedious. "

I would've said it was obvious you "had no idea"

Bristol

I believe the convictions were found to be unsafe, thats very different from being innocent .....no....they were originally released for that reason. ...cleared of all charges later....but played down by various people who are still involved in a smear campaign. .."

The Birmingham 6 were basically found guilty of being Irish and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unfortunately, despite them being cleared of all charges, there are plenty of people who seem to think there is no smoke without fire.

Tragic

What?

Exactly

Ah thank you, had no idea. Why don't people explain when asked? It's so tedious.

I would've said it was obvious you "had no idea" "

I believe the convictions were found to be unsafe, thats very different from being innocent .....no....they were originally released for that reason. ...cleared of all charges later....but played down by various people who are still involved in a smear campaign. ..

The Birmingham 6 were basically found guilty of being Irish and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unfortunately, despite them being cleared of all charges, there are plenty of people who seem to think there is no smoke without fire."

To me the far greater tragedy is the 21 people murdered and dozens more who lost limbs or were blinded by the atrocity - but they are forgotten about. Two wrongs don't make a right but everyone seems to think that what happened to 'Birmingham 6' is worse than what happened to those caught up in the bombings.

From gorillas and 4 year olds to the Birmingham six.....got to love the forums

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

I was undecided but if this is true I will vote to remain..

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

At least no one has blamed the EU, yet.... Don't forget to register to vote, folks!

"

I was undecided but if this is true I will vote to remain.."

Truth and the EU referendum Campaign (both sides) are totally alien to each other.

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

"

I was undecided but if this is true I will vote to remain..

Truth and the EU referendum Campaign (both sides) are totally alien to each other."

Yeah I do agree..

Like others have said it was the gorilla they shot plus if your referring to what happened in a Cincinnati zoo the kid that fell in wasnt 10 but 4

evesham

Like others have said it was the gorilla they shot plus if your referring to what happened in a Cincinnati zoo the kid that fell in wasnt 10 but 4 "

But the backlash from said incident implies more people think.the kid should have been shot at the gorilla saved. This is a reaction thread to the one about harambe. There was some confusion with the age of the child but the bones of it are essentially the same. Adults would rather see a child die than a gorilla.

Like others have said it was the gorilla they shot plus if your referring to what happened in a Cincinnati zoo the kid that fell in wasnt 10 but 4 "

From what I can gather he climbed through the bars not over a wall.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

it think its numbers 2,3,4,7,8,11,13,15,and 16

Would it be a fair thing to say that, if the Zoo didn't exist in the first place, then the animal would still be alive ?

For some to suggest that shooting the animal was the wrong thing to do though is utter madness.

I personally do not want to breathe the same air as such people, they really, really scare me

bournemouth

"Would it be a fair thing to say that, if the Zoo didn't exist in the first place, then the animal would still be alive ?

For some to suggest that shooting the animal was the wrong thing to do though is utter madness.

I personally do not want to breathe the same air as such people, they really, really scare me "

If they had to go and collect the guns from a safe place why didnt they collect some tranquilisers and use that instead.

"Would it be a fair thing to say that, if the Zoo didn't exist in the first place, then the animal would still be alive ?

I personally do not want to breathe the same air as such people, they really, really scare me

If they had to go and collect the guns from a safe place why didnt they collect some tranquilisers and use that instead."

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SHOOT AN ANIMAL WITH A TRANQUILISING DART WITHOUT HURTING IT - SO IF YOU HURT IT BY TAKING THAT RISK YOU THEN RUN THE RISK OF CAUSING IT SERIOUS AGGRAVATION - AND AGGRAVATING A 200 KILOGRAM MALE ADULT GORILLA WHEN HE HAS A SMALL 4 YEAR OLD CHILD IN HIS POSSESSION CLEARLY ISN'T GOING TO END IN CUDDLES AND CUTE PICTURES!

THINK FIRST - THEN POST!

I believe the convictions were found to be unsafe, thats very different from being innocent .....no....they were originally released for that reason. ...cleared of all charges later....but played down by various people who are still involved in a smear campaign. ..

The Birmingham 6 were basically found guilty of being Irish and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unfortunately, despite them being cleared of all charges, there are plenty of people who seem to think there is no smoke without fire.

To me the far greater tragedy is the 21 people murdered and dozens more who lost limbs or were blinded by the atrocity - but they are forgotten about. Two wrongs don't make a right but everyone seems to think that what happened to 'Birmingham 6' is worse than what happened to those caught up in the bombings."

.....no one thinks that at all. ... However from an early stage, the British government knew that they had got it wrong. Instead of freeing those wrongly convicted, and go after the real killers. They chose to bury their heads in the sand, and hope the campaign for justice would peter out.

I personally do not want to breathe the same air as such people, they really, really scare me "

Gorilla was born in captivity. No zoos no gorilla. Chicken and egg.

I think it's very sad that we lock animals in cages for our entertainment while treating them like possessions! Sadly it's an obvious symptom of the modern entertain me complex... Well you wanted entraining ... Here it is, and now your moaning

"I think it's very sad that we lock animals in cages for our entertainment while treating them like possessions! Sadly it's an obvious symptom of the modern entertain me complex... Well you wanted entraining ... Here it is, and now your moaning"

Modern? Wtf?

evesham

I am no expert in animal behaviour (even though I've watched every Attenborough show going ) but u do know that a gorilla, even a protective one trying to be nice, still has the power to do great damage. He was dragging that child through the water quite viciously...not because he was trying to hurt it but because a young gorilla could probably handle it....a human child is not a young gorilla.

If they'd have left the child in there and something would have happened to the child the zoo would again be at fault. None of you would be saying 'good on the zoo for giving the gorilla a chance' would you?

Again, having watched extensive episodes of animal programmes animals don't just go 'oh that smarts a bit' when hit with tranquillisers so there was that consideration. Obviously I would have preferred this to be the option they used but then I wasn't there and as I say I am not an expert in animal behaviour or husbandry.

Sadly any environment with large and dangerous animals in will have to have systems of work and protocols to follow for when things like this happen. They will no doubt have to answer to an enforcement authority about the use of guns and the killing of an animal involved in a breeding and conservation programme.

This is how planet of the apes started isn't it?

"I think it's very sad that we lock animals in cages for our entertainment while treating them like possessions! Sadly it's an obvious symptom of the modern entertain me complex... Well you wanted entraining ... Here it is, and now your moaning

Modern? Wtf? "

Yeah modern, your not reaping in a harvest 90 hrs a week while the sun's shining are yer!.

So you've been entertained by the entertainment but you don't like the bad taste it leaves, yeah well tough shit

Kent

Seems like an elaborate scam on behalf of the parents to get rid of the brat cause they were fed up of his keep whining on wanting his photo taken with the snakes

Lyndhurst

"Seems like an elaborate scam on behalf of the parents to get rid of the brat cause they were fed up of his keep whining on wanting his photo taken with the snakes"

"I think it's very sad that we lock animals in cages for our entertainment while treating them like possessions! Sadly it's an obvious symptom of the modern entertain me complex... Well you wanted entraining ... Here it is, and now your moaning

Modern? Wtf? .

Yeah modern, your not reaping in a harvest 90 hrs a week while the sun's shining are yer!.

So you've been entertained by the entertainment but you don't like the bad taste it leaves, yeah well tough shit"

Zoos existed when kids were reaping harvests. They're not a modern thing.

Modern? Wtf? .

So you've been entertained by the entertainment but you don't like the bad taste it leaves, yeah well tough shit"

Weren't they caging animals for entertainment in Roman times? Or do you work in geological time?

"Seems like an elaborate scam on behalf of the parents to get rid of the brat cause they were fed up of his keep whining on wanting his photo taken with the snakes"

Was it the McCann's again?

Derbyshire

Modern? Wtf? .

So you've been entertained by the entertainment but you don't like the bad taste it leaves, yeah well tough shit

Weren't they caging animals for entertainment in Roman times? Or do you work in geological time?"

Certainly London Zoo started in 1210, at the Tower of London.

Mr ddc

Modern? Wtf? .

Weren't they caging animals for entertainment in Roman times? Or do you work in geological time?

Mr ddc"

Another doors rant against the "modern" age.... Should take up spoon whittling.

The child didn't get killed the gorilla did.. but to be fair it did save him from drowing as his pulled the child out...

But what I did hear on the new and was discussed by was a mother and father in Japan left there child in the forest for miss behaviour (was just being a child) and now his missing if not dead. How any one could do that I will never no..

Derbyshire

Modern? Wtf? .

Mr ddc

Another doors rant against the "modern" age.... Should take up spoon whittling."

Using knapped flint, I presume?

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

"

You forgot

17)Single men of Fab!

Modern? Wtf? .

Zoos existed when kids were reaping harvests. They're not a modern thing. "

There was children evacuees in ww2 who asked what the white fluffy animals were in the fields while riding the train out to the country!.

Locking animals in cages for entertainment is a modern concept because we no longer need zoos to see a panda, it's the worse kind of entertainment for bored minds as it just confirms to reiterate this bullshit concept that the earth and everything in it is ours to do with as we wish!.

Me I couldn't give a shit wether the kid died or the gorilla, personally I'd have thrown the parents in after him..... Here he's your kid you fucking fight the gorilla.

Modern? Wtf? .

Mr ddc

Another doors rant against the "modern" age.... Should take up spoon whittling."

Ha you noticed my lathe request on the 5g thread hey

Modern? Wtf? .

Zoos existed when kids were reaping harvests. They're not a modern thing. .

There was children evacuees in ww2 who asked what the white fluffy animals were in the fields while riding the train out to the country!.

Locking animals in cages for entertainment is a modern concept because we no longer need zoos to see a panda, it's the worse kind of entertainment for bored minds as it just confirms to reiterate this bullshit concept that the earth and everything in it is ours to do with as we wish!.

Me I couldn't give a shit wether the kid died or the gorilla, personally I'd have thrown the parents in after him..... Here he's your kid you fucking fight the gorilla."

Evacuees also probably wouldn't be able to identify certain fruits, doesn't mean the fruits didn't exist.

Modern? Wtf? .

Me I couldn't give a shit wether the kid died or the gorilla, personally I'd have thrown the parents in after him..... Here he's your kid you fucking fight the gorilla."

Modern? Wtf? .

Zoos existed when kids were reaping harvests. They're not a modern thing. ."

Humans have been on earth about 200,000 years the first zoo opened in 1874 I'd say they are pretty modern on the grand scheme of things

Modern? Wtf? .

Humans have been on earth about 200,000 years the first zoo opened in 1874 I'd say they are pretty modern on the grand scheme of things "

On a serious note I think it's a tragedy

There are an around 620 mountain gorillas left so every single one count

They are a specie's in intensive care because of us, we have cut down their habitat and hunted them to near on extinction and now this poor sod wasn't even safe in his man made home because some parents couldn't keep an eye on their kids

It's truly sad that the animal had to pay the conscience

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"On a serious note I think it's a tragedy

They are a specie's in intensive care because of us, we have cut down their habitat and hunted them to near on extinction and now this poor sod wasn't even safe in his man made home because some parents couldn't keep an eye on their kids

It's truly sad that the animal had to pay the conscience "

Now that is a sensible rational and compassionate post.

Compassionate being the key word. The people who don't seem to give a shit about the gorilla might like to look up the definition.

Just because it was the right thing to do in the circumstances doesn't mean it wasn't heartbreaking.

Modern? Wtf? .

Humans have been on earth about 200,000 years the first zoo opened in 1874 I'd say they are pretty modern on the grand scheme of things "

Yeh but that's not modern in common usage of the word. The bike is modern by that definition, and so is the wheel, so are swords and fire.

By *ancyDrewWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

wtf have vegans got to do with it OP?

Modern? Wtf? .

Humans have been on earth about 200,000 years the first zoo opened in 1874 I'd say they are pretty modern on the grand scheme of things

Yeh but that's not modern in common usage of the word. The bike is modern by that definition, and so is the wheel, so are swords and fire."

Fire was discovered in the stone age, the stone age finished about 6000 BC

The wheel was invented 3500 BC

The first zoo was 142 years ago

Modern? Wtf? .

Yeh but that's not modern in common usage of the word. The bike is modern by that definition, and so is the wheel, so are swords and fire.

The first zoo was 142 years ago"

"wtf have vegans got to do with it OP?"

the guy on the gorilla thread who thought it would have been ok to shoot the 4 year old boy was vegan.

"wtf have vegans got to do with it OP?

the guy on the gorilla thread who thought it would have been ok to shoot the 4 year old boy was vegan."

Harold shipman had a beard.... Hang bearded men!

"On a serious note I think it's a tragedy

It's truly sad that the animal had to pay the conscience

Now that is a sensible rational and compassionate post.

Compassionate being the key word. The people who don't seem to give a shit about the gorilla might like to look up the definition.

Just because it was the right thing to do in the circumstances doesn't mean it wasn't heartbreaking. "

I agree. But let's not be anti zoo about this. That gorilla only existed because of a breeding program in a zoo. If you want endangered animals to have any chance you need breeding programs paid for by the general public at zoos.

the guy on the gorilla thread who thought it would have been ok to shoot the 4 year old boy was vegan..

Harold shipman had a beard.... Hang bearded men!"

Makes sense to me.

By *ancyDrewWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

the guy on the gorilla thread who thought it would have been ok to shoot the 4 year old boy was vegan."

Ah, missed that thread TF! Poor vegans, always first in the firing line...pun intended

Modern? Wtf? .

The first zoo was 142 years ago"

Still not modern cos 142 years isn't relatively recent to anyone alive. Zoos just aren't new. You get antiques that are more recent.

Members of the public are led to believe that animals bred in zoos might one day be released to the wild and are helping to prevent the extinction of their species. The truth appears to be that animals are bred in zoos in order to ensure that zoos have animals to show the paying public for many years to come. 

"Members of the public are led to believe that animals bred in zoos might one day be released to the wild and are helping to prevent the extinction of their species. The truth appears to be that animals are bred in zoos in order to ensure that zoos have animals to show the paying public for many years to come. "

No they aren't, most animals bred in captivity wouldn't even survive in the wild. The public aren't fucking morons.

1) the gorilla

2) the child

3) the parents

4) the zoo

5) bloody immigrants

6) left-wing loonies

7) right-wing bigots

8) BBC bias

9) God

10) ISIS

11) Katie Hopkins

12) new wave feminists

13) rednecks

14) Obama

15)Trump

You forgot

17)Single men of Fab! "

They're not that important.

Kent

Why didn't they just drop a rope ladder into the enclosure so the boy could climb out?, were they worried the gorilla would use it then run around the zoo going arrroooouga lamping all the witnesses then hiding under a sheet in the back of a builders van till they stopped at Potters bar services for a quick shit then shouting BOO and making the stop totally unnecessary and getting kicked out so it has to hitchhike till Tedington??, cause that wouldn't have looked good on news at ten that's why

"Why didn't they just drop a rope ladder into the enclosure so the boy could climb out?, were they worried the gorilla would use it then run around the zoo going arrroooouga lamping all the witnesses then hiding under a sheet in the back of a builders van till they stopped at Potters bar services for a quick shit then shouting BOO and making the stop totally unnecessary and getting kicked out so it has to hitchhike till Tedington??, cause that wouldn't have looked good on news at ten that's why"

Indeed.

"Members of the public are led to believe that animals bred in zoos might one day be released to the wild and are helping to prevent the extinction of their species. The truth appears to be that animals are bred in zoos in order to ensure that zoos have animals to show the paying public for many years to come. "

Extinction only happens when there are none of a species in "existence" do you see fats? Do you see where the word "extinction" comes from? So if the world population of western plain gorilla or whatever is 300 and they are all captive bred and none are in the wild then that is a real shame. But, the species is not extinct... I'm in wonderment as to just where your "truth" came from? I'm supposing, probably wrongly of course, that you have a reliable source? Really, It must be so stressful being so negative all the time? Have a break fats, you deserve it.

CAPS

captive animal protection society if anyone has heard of it ?

Lots on there to read about captive animals in zoos etc.

evesham

"Why didn't they just drop a rope ladder into the enclosure so the boy could climb out?, were they worried the gorilla would use it then run around the zoo going arrroooouga lamping all the witnesses then hiding under a sheet in the back of a builders van till they stopped at Potters bar services for a quick shit then shouting BOO and making the stop totally unnecessary and getting kicked out so it has to hitchhike till Tedington??, cause that wouldn't have looked good on news at ten that's why"

or perhaps they were worried that the gorilla would try to stop said 4 year old child from escaping his protection??as said before....400lb animal of mainly muscle can do so much damage even if not acting aggressively.

your arguing as though it happened in this country it was the us where gun laws exist and Cincinnati / Ohio which is one of only a few states that still use the death penalty so the whole argument is pointless both guns and the death penatly are already their

Kent

What if the gorilla had been radicalized and was recruiting well meaning but ultimately deluded flamingos for a one legged terrorist outrage? (possibly for ginger Harrys olympics where they run with a car jack strapped to their knee) where would you namby pambys (pambies?) be then eh

evesham

it does make me laugh when people try to blame the masses for believing what they are told by quoting what they are told by organisations they have no involvement in

"What if the gorilla had been radicalized and was recruiting well meaning but ultimately deluded flamingos for a one legged terrorist outrage? (possibly for ginger Harrys olympics where they run with a car jack strapped to their knee) where would you namby pambys (pambies?) be then eh"

Kent

Look lets all agree that zoos are the only opportunity most people have to point and laugh at imprisoned monkeys giving a 'piggyback ride', flinging their shit or peeling a banana with their feet, now this is something I feel we have earned the right to do by evolving. They had their chance too but they blew it so tough, if the boot was on the other foot they'd do just the same and we all know it

By *rand Central CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is one of those threads which is great for identifying people to block.

"CAPS

captive animal protection society if anyone has heard of it ?

Lots on there to read about captive animals in zoos etc."

Nothing about well funded, international breeding programs being just a way of keeping animals in zoos for the general public to view. Conversely, surely that is a better alternative to capturing wild animals for display?

"This is one of those threads which is great for identifying people to block.

"

I would prefer to look at it more positively and say it helps identify people you would like to meet.

Nottingham

"

Certainly is. I'll definitely be avoiding the OP.

Lyndhurst

Certainly is. I'll definitely be avoiding the OP."

"it does make me laugh when people try to blame the masses for believing what they are told by quoting what they are told by organisations they have no involvement in "

Sheeple

"I thought it was a 4 year old who climbed in? Not a 10 year old? They said on the radio that it had grabbed the child (although not straight away) but was starting to drag him around?"

correct

not sure what the OP is talking about, perhaps we should just guess

I'm not apologising for choosing human life over animal.

How am i going to cope.....

I'm not apologising for choosing human life over animal."

Human life is animal life... Were all animals.

Oh you mean the stupid ones that you presume you have a right to do with as you wish coz your smart... Just not smart enough to watch a four year old

I'm not apologising for choosing human life over animal..

Oh you mean the stupid ones that you presume you have a right to do with as you wish coz your smart... Just not smart enough to watch a four year old "

Try again when you're sober

I'm not apologising for choosing human life over animal."

I don't think you should apologise either. I will always choose human life over animal life too

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Oh you mean the stupid ones that you presume you have a right to do with as you wish coz your smart... Just not smart enough to watch a four year old

Try again when you're sober "

Who is drinking alcohol at this time in the morning?

Try again when you're sober "

#whatever makes you feel right

Who is drinking alcohol at this time in the morning? "

Not me?

Who is drinking alcohol at this time in the morning? "

I think some people had a drop to much last night..

Tragic

Translation: "fuck, rumbled""

Still loving this !

Nottingham

It's one thing choosing human life over an animal, most of us would do that if it ever came down to it. It's another thing to seemingly relish the situation.

And slagging those with a different opinion.

Isn't it just...