FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad back

Bad back

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kultra OP   Couple  over a year ago

chesterfield

I have suffered for years with pelvic instability and facet degeneration in my lower back which has been getting worse. I'm on a cocktail of painkillers and have had anaesthetic/steroidal injections into my facets on a couple of occasions but it's not as effective any more so now my neurosurgeon has decided to try diagnostic medial nerve block injections which entails having anaesthetic injection into the nerves around a facet to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't then they will scan my back again to check the state of it but if it does then they will get me back in for a procedure where they will burn the problematic nerve endings off to give me some long term pain relief. Has anyone else had these done and had any benefit from them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, but hope it helps/works

I've had many steroid injections in my lower back through sport over the years to keep me on the pitch, back pain and injury/ degeneration is fucking torture

Good luck

By *kultra OP   Couple  over a year ago

chesterfield

"No, but hope it helps/works

I've had many steroid injections in my lower back through sport over the years to keep me on the pitch, back pain and injury/ degeneration is fucking torture

Good luck "

Thank you hunni. It really is torture. I' m hoping it works x

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Have you tried a chiropractor ?

Jane x

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

"I have suffered for years with pelvic instability and facet degeneration in my lower back which has been getting worse. I'm on a cocktail of painkillers and have had anaesthetic/steroidal injections into my facets on a couple of occasions but it's not as effective any more so now my neurosurgeon has decided to try diagnostic medial nerve block injections which entails having anaesthetic injection into the nerves around a facet to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't then they will scan my back again to check the state of it but if it does then they will get me back in for a procedure where they will burn the problematic nerve endings off to give me some long term pain relief. Has anyone else had these done and had any benefit from them?"
pilates oesteopath

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

No OP, but I wish you luck and hope it works for you. Have suffered sciatica in the past and its a killer, even strong painkillers don't help, they just make me feel spaced out!!

By *teve196301Man  over a year ago

northumberland

Hiya I was attending The Pain Clinic for a couple of years and had similar treatments to you, I did get some short term relief from injections into my spine leading up to having several nerves burnt out which took about 90 mins and was quite unpleasant, the result was it didn't work for me and the Doc said I couldn't have anymore treatment, too expensive so I was cut loose, it took me years to get on clinic list and now nothing no help. Everyday is hard and I class it as a win if I can bend enough to wash my face........ I work as a mechanic n struggle but I have no alternative. Ask your Doc if he intends to give you further treatment if this fails??? My Doc lead me into this without explaining it would be the last treatment I could get.

Very best wishes

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I have arthritis in L4+5 facet joints. I used to have injections direct into the bone every 6-12 months for 2 years. They gave me some relief, then had my first child it was agony until the spinal epidural for my section. Not suffered since "touch wood" I also lost weight. I do however now have fibro but funnily not currently affecting my back. Good luck op xxx

I've had severe back pain in the L4 area of my spine for the last 8 yrs, I did refuse treatment to have my vertebrae fused as I considered myself too young at 38 for that procedure. The risks associated with the operation and it's outcome put me off so after some reading up I turned to pilates and swimming, which have helped a lot. I wanted to try anything before having my back fused and luckily it worked, I do still have bad and painful days but they're nowhere near the original level of pain. It's worth a read up at the least op, there's plenty of information on the Internet about yoga for back pain too

Good luck, I hope you find something that works

After an rta my lower back went into spasm and have had muscle weakness and pain ever since until I took up yoga. It really has helped strengthen the muscles and I can do so much more now. Nothing as painful as your situation OP. I really hope they can help you. Take care x

By *ussiesCouple  over a year ago

gwent

Nobody knows what real back pain is, until you've had yourself,

I tried everything possible to cure/help my back pain, I had sciatica nerve problems, six months of constant pain, can't stand up, can't sit down, can't lye down, the doctor just told me exercise more and gave me pain killers.

I bit the bullet and paid private, through pure desperation, within 15 minutes, the new doctor said, yep, L1/T5 exploded disc, it's been 5 weeks since the disectomy operation, to relieve the pressure of the disc pressing on my sciatica nerve,im pain free, walking 4 or 5 miles a day, I'm not a gymnast, but at least I've been given a second chance.

I have to thank my beautiful wife for looking after me, she pampered me, brought me soup in bed, and tucked me in every night, but refused to wear a kinky nurses uniform, well I can't have everything, I only wanted to be pain free.

My sympathies go out to everyone on here that's got back problems, thankfully my problems were due to years of grafting, and not ill health. xxx

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

This may not be the answer that you are looking for but have you thought about the basics like a good bed? I have just bought a new mattress and it's working wonders - it's medical grade foam which is nothing like memory foam. It has reflex and rather than you sinking into it. Have a look at Mammoth if you think it may help..

» Add a new message to this topic