FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > do you believe in homeopathy?

do you believe in homeopathy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

if so what do you base your belief on,i find it interesting how someone can trust what are basically fraudsters with your own health

extreme being people taking anti malaria homeopathy remedies!!!!are these people crazy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

No ingeneral..ok some might work..but I think its Ju ju medicine..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Whats the homeopathic anti malerial remedy ?

Homeopathy is, frankly, a load of tosh. Water does not have memory, but if people are foolish enough to give their money away to a fraudster, who am to stop them......

However, if you believe that it's true and get better through the Placebo Effect, then that is a win and you are no less recovered...

I have tried my very best to appreciate it.

However, I struggle to believe that when the content of the supposedly active ingredient in a preparation is so minute that it can have any significant therapeutic effect on the body.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"if so what do you base your belief on,i find it interesting how someone can trust what are basically fraudsters with your own health

extreme being people taking anti malaria homeopathy remedies!!!!are these people crazy?"

I just wanted to say that your photo's have certainly helped my stiffness

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Whats the homeopathic anti malerial remedy ?"

Talking the mossies into not biting you?

"Whats the homeopathic anti malerial remedy ?

Talking the mossies into not biting you?"

hahaha..talking therapies are all the rage

Isn`t homeopathy kind treating " like fer like "..

Isn`t that the same as inoculations to say polio and the like...

The body reacts to form a defence, which it retains...

Just asking...fucked if I know...

Alot of complimentary medicine was labelled quack...back in the day..

No i dont believe in it. I think it was chris tarrant who said it wasnt any good, and i tried it on my dog who had eczema.

I am an old bugger and somewhat old fashioned but when I'm ill I tend to try medicine first. It normally works eventually I've found

Never ceases to amaze me that some quack comes on TV and spouts off something like.

"Years ago they didn't have anti-antibiotic's, drugs etc, they lived a more natural life".

Yes they did and the average life expectancy was about 35 and you were likely to have 5 siblings that never made it past infancy.

"Never ceases to amaze me that some quack comes on TV and spouts off something like.

"Years ago they didn't have anti-antibiotic's, drugs etc, they lived a more natural life".

Yes they did and the average life expectancy was about 35 and you were likely to have 5 siblings that never made it past infancy.

"

That's true of the Late Neolithic onward, when we began to farm....

Prior to that we were much more long lived. It wasn't unusual in the Old Stone Age for people to reach 50 and to live really quite healthy lives.

Homeopathy is nonsense but herbalism isn't......

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i gave birth to my second child using only homeopathic remedies.My homeopath knew me well and had prescribed a variety of treatments for the different stages of labour.

When the contractions started i took the pain relief and slept from 11 pm to 4 am.The contractions then were coming about 6 minutes apart. i took another prescription,and had some breakfast. We finally left for hospital at 5;45.

When we arrived i was fully dilated and my son was born 40 minutes later.

i also took the remedies to prevent tearing and it seemed to work

i do not see how the placebo effect can overcome the pain of childbirth,i have also used homeopathic remedies on my kids,to great effect.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Bit like swinging lots or advice but have you tried it ????? seeing as how it cost pence i dont see the problem

"Whats the homeopathic anti malerial remedy ?"

Tonic water...;-)

(Aka... Quinine)

Acupuncture is dead good and works for lots of people.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"Whats the homeopathic anti malerial remedy ?

Tonic water...;-)

(Aka... Quinine)"

No it's not.

Tonic water is not prepared by the homeopathic method, so it is not a homeopathic remedy.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"

i do not see how the placebo effect can overcome the pain of childbirth,i have also used homeopathic remedies on my kids,to great effect."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Q3jZw4FGs

If you believe in homeopathy and traditional medicine does that make you bi-cure-ious?

"If you believe in homeopathy and traditional medicine does that make you bi-cure-ious?

"

*groan*

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"i gave birth to my second child using only homeopathic remedies.My homeopath knew me well and had prescribed a variety of treatments for the different stages of labour.

When the contractions started i took the pain relief and slept from 11 pm to 4 am.The contractions then were coming about 6 minutes apart. i took another prescription,and had some breakfast. We finally left for hospital at 5;45.

i do not see how the placebo effect can overcome the pain of childbirth,i have also used homeopathic remedies on my kids,to great effect."

I don't know how the placebo effect works, but there is an extensive literature that demonstrates that it does.

Homeopathy, on the other hand, fares no better than placebo effect, and frequently worse, in double blind experiments.

There's a fascinating potential in understanding how faith and belief interact with the placebo effect.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i gave birth to my second child using only homeopathic remedies.My homeopath knew me well and had prescribed a variety of treatments for the different stages of labour.

i do not see how the placebo effect can overcome the pain of childbirth,i have also used homeopathic remedies on my kids,to great effect.

I don't know how the placebo effect works, but there is an extensive literature that demonstrates that it does.

Homeopathy, on the other hand, fares no better than placebo effect, and frequently worse, in double blind experiments.

There's a fascinating potential in understanding how faith and belief interact with the placebo effect. "

It kind of undoes my argument,but i often felt the fact each consultation with my homeopath took 45 minutes compared to the 5 minutes we tend to get with a GP was of value in itself.

However, as a wise man once said,what matters is that it works.

I had two natural births without pain-killers or gas and air, and was stitched afterwards. I used the PMA method.

"if so what do you base your belief on,i find it interesting how someone can trust what are basically fraudsters with your own health

extreme being people taking anti malaria homeopathy remedies!!!!are these people crazy?

I just wanted to say that your photo's have certainly helped my stiffness "

Me too! Pregnant women are so goddam sexy!

» Add a new message to this topic