FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Contentious Subjects

Contentious Subjects

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Firstly no one reads my posts, so I am writing this for myself........or my other personalities it depends how it pans out.....

The contentious subjects; what is so wrong with them?  I say this because recently a number of posts in threads have said "this is a swingers site, talk about swinging!". Well yes, we can do that, in other forums (there is more than one, even one called swingers chat).

I think that the threads containing contentious subjects are a very healthy thing in a forum comprising most cultural, ethnic, religious, and social groups to be found in the UK. Now sometimes these type of threads can get out of hand, name calling, personal attacks etc, but I would say most do not, and what we end up with is a very healthy exchange of ideas and opinions from people from all walks of life.

Now I have had some major opposites of opinions with some forum users, but that does not mean I have taken a dislike to them, bloody hell I would still meet them for a coffee, I would like to think we are all mature and adult enough to accept that people may differ from us....  Now sometimes I have been quite vociferous, in the main, this is my own fault, because I have failed to explain myself concisely, my opinion is misinterpreted and I feel the need to correct that misinterpretation, it does not mean I am trying to corral someone into my way of thinking, it just means I failed to adequately express myself.

You see that's what a General forum is, a frank expression of opinions and ideas, it's great to have "would you xxyy the one above/below" threads, but a whole page of them? I look at the Lounge on fab and see it as a great little forum, used by a very small percentage of users, it's a great place to meet new friends, have a laugh, and have a bit of a debate, plus I can smoke in it and it serves the kind of wine I like. 

So as 2011 comes to an end, I would like to applaud the brave moderators, thread starters and post makers for an interesting year on the forums.  There are times when we have agreed, disagreed or been indifferent.  To those I have agreed with, and disagreed with Happy New Year, thank you for being different from me.  Imagine a thread which started "I believe this........" and 150 replies of "yes I agree".

It's ok Paul no one will read it...... Lol 

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive read it , now going to read it again cos I is just awake and the words were a blur xx

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes I agree

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Well said xxx

"Yes I agree

"

Your name will also go on the list....(dads army reference before you go nuclear on me!)

I disagree with you Paul! A few will read it, and some will even applaud it. Well said.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Agree totally and nice ass x

"I disagree with you Paul! A few will read it, and some will even applaud it. Well said. "

You are entitled to your opinion (it is wrong btw, but you are entitled to it )

wots contentious mean

"Agree totally and nice ass x"

Thank you, It isn't mine, I shot it when it was trespassing on my land and had it stuffed and wall mounted

Lisburn

"Agree totally and nice ass x

Thank you, It isn't mine, I shot it when it was trespassing on my land and had it stuffed and wall mounted "

when you finish with it can you send it here

For safe internet browsing, do not take message boards too seriously.

When you begin to threaten random objects within 2 metres of your person at home it is time to go out for a walk.

Thank you, It isn't mine, I shot it when it was trespassing on my land and had it stuffed and wall mounted

when you finish with it can you send it here "

I am actually a little bit scared of you........ Sorry

Lisburn

when you finish with it can you send it here

I am actually a little bit scared of you........ Sorry "

why? I am pussycat

You see I bring up a serious subject and you talk about my arse......

Please can I have a face palm smiley for a belated Christmas present?

"I disagree with you Paul! A few will read it, and some will even applaud it. Well said.

You are entitled to your opinion (it is wrong btw, but you are entitled to it )"

psssst Paul, I was only disagreeing with your last sentence. I think your Op is spot on.

"I disagree with you Paul! A few will read it, and some will even applaud it. Well said.

You are entitled to your opinion (it is wrong btw, but you are entitled to it )

psssst Paul, I was only disagreeing with your last sentence. I think your Op is spot on. "

I was only pulling ya. But not in that sense.... Oh fuck, no matter what I say now is wrong, right?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Have to agree with the OP..

yes we will all sometimes differ in our opinions which in an open democratic society is healthy..

Voltaire (or his biographer) was spot on...

If I had the patience to trawl through the op I'd probably agree, but I've been sipping Rioja all afternoon and the words keep merging...hic!

"If I had the patience to trawl through the op I'd probably agree, but I've been sipping Rioja all afternoon and the words keep merging...hic! "

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

ten past four

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

well said that nice bum..erm sorry nice man

That's what makes these forums great I love the banter, the comedy, the support etc and I love a thread that excite me rather than the mundane would you threads or the whinging ones. Same old gets boring but a lot of the time they are rather refreshing and its great when someone surprises me.

To the OP....

So I suppose a fuck is out of the question?

"To the OP....

So I suppose a fuck is out of the question? "

This isnt that kind of site, as well you know, and for the love of all that is holy (depending on what you may find holy, wholly or just holey) quit stalking me, sigh back to B&Q for another roll of razorwire

"To the OP....

This isnt that kind of site, as well you know, and for the love of all that is holy (depending on what you may find holy, wholly or just holey) quit stalking me, sigh back to B&Q for another roll of razorwire "

B.. b.. but you said you'd love me if I swallowed that.....

"To the OP....

This isnt that kind of site, as well you know, and for the love of all that is holy (depending on what you may find holy, wholly or just holey) quit stalking me, sigh back to B&Q for another roll of razorwire

B.. b.. but you said you'd love me if I swallowed that..... "

I'd love you if you were upside down.... I just messing (run, run whilst she looks the other way............h.........e.......l.....p)

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"Firstly no one reads my posts, so I am writing this for myself........or my other personalities it depends how it pans out.....

The contentious subjects; what is so wrong with them?  I say this because recently a number of posts in threads have said "this is a swingers site, talk about swinging!". Well yes, we can do that, in other forums (there is more than one, even one called swingers chat).

I think that the threads containing contentious subjects are a very healthy thing in a forum comprising most cultural, ethnic, religious, and social groups to be found in the UK. Now sometimes these type of threads can get out of hand, name calling, personal attacks etc, but I would say most do not, and what we end up with is a very healthy exchange of ideas and opinions from people from all walks of life.

Now I have had some major opposites of opinions with some forum users, but that does not mean I have taken a dislike to them, bloody hell I would still meet them for a coffee, I would like to think we are all mature and adult enough to accept that people may differ from us....  Now sometimes I have been quite vociferous, in the main, this is my own fault, because I have failed to explain myself concisely, my opinion is misinterpreted and I feel the need to correct that misinterpretation, it does not mean I am trying to corral someone into my way of thinking, it just means I failed to adequately express myself.

You see that's what a General forum is, a frank expression of opinions and ideas, it's great to have "would you xxyy the one above/below" threads, but a whole page of them? I look at the Lounge on fab and see it as a great little forum, used by a very small percentage of users, it's a great place to meet new friends, have a laugh, and have a bit of a debate, plus I can smoke in it and it serves the kind of wine I like. 

So as 2011 comes to an end, I would like to applaud the brave moderators, thread starters and post makers for an interesting year on the forums.  There are times when we have agreed, disagreed or been indifferent.  To those I have agreed with, and disagreed with Happy New Year, thank you for being different from me.  Imagine a thread which started "I believe this........" and 150 replies of "yes I agree".

It's ok Paul no one will read it...... Lol "

Who wrote that?????????

Is it available in hardback? Xx

"Yes I agree

Your name will also go on the list....(dads army reference before you go nuclear on me!)

"

Don't tell them your name Pike.......

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

i didnt read it.....my attention span is missing.......and i got distracted by the luvly bum

By *ongamanMan  over a year ago

Birdham

As Paul once said. "What?"

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i read it, i agree, limiting threads makes a dull forum...the only other forum i contribute to on a regular basis is an anti DM one.Whilst you might think we would be all politics the best threads are about everything from scotch eggs to causes of the first world war.

One of the greatest things about forums is that it brings together people with different backgrounds and knowledge sets...long may that continue

"i read it, i agree, limiting threads makes a dull forum...the only other forum i contribute to on a regular basis is an anti DM one.Whilst you might think we would be all politics the best threads are about everything from scotch eggs to causes of the first world war.

One of the greatest things about forums is that it brings together people with different backgrounds and knowledge sets...long may that continue "

DM?

I love the forums, they take the seriousness out of my days all too often...

I think any subject A-z has a place, what's not to taste others certainly wont waste - just like the game itself

so long live diversity!

Wolf

A brilliant post Paul

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"A brilliant post Paul "
+ 1

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

consise and happy new year to you

Tottaly agree. The frivalous banality of look at me threads are as tiresome as the type of posters that don't want to offend anyone incase it costs them a shag. The meaty threads are much more interesting.

Please stop staring at my arse or I will go into the shadows, its very petite, and actually a little boney, and the reason why the pic is in black and white is because its really green.....

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i read it, i agree, limiting threads makes a dull forum...the only other forum i contribute to on a regular basis is an anti DM one.Whilst you might think we would be all politics the best threads are about everything from scotch eggs to causes of the first world war.

One of the greatest things about forums is that it brings together people with different backgrounds and knowledge sets...long may that continue

DM? "

you have a PM

» Add a new message to this topic