FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Alex Fergason

Alex Fergason

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it time for him to retire. I don't think he is at the top of his game and who do you think would be good to take over.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

fred goodwin..

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Steve Cotterill.

We want our Billy back

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"fred goodwin.."

Fred dibner .. lol

"fred goodwin..

Fred dibner .. lol"

Fred Flintstone....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It will be a sad day when alex ferguson retires. Not because im a man u fan or even a football fan today, but in my opinion he is the only "true" football manager left. Gone are the days of bob paisly and Brian clough, now they change managers so often you dont have a clue from week to week whose going to be managing a football team

"Steve Cotterill.

We want our Billy back "

cant come soon enough but mr doughty needs to feck off first if its ever going to happen.division 1 next season guarenteed

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

My team trained him up well, before he moved to Man Utd !!

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"Is it time for him to retire. I don't think he is at the top of his game and who do you think would be good to take over."

Howard Webb

"It will be a sad day when alex ferguson retires. Not because im a man u fan or even a football fan today, but in my opinion he is the only "true" football manager left. Gone are the days of bob paisly and Brian clough, now they change managers so often you dont have a clue from week to week whose going to be managing a football team"

I know what you mean, but Liverpool generaly keep managers for a long time.... Everton have kept their manager for a long time. Arsene Venger has been at arsenal almost as long as Fergie has been at Man U......

I'm puzzled as to why you think Fergie is past it. We're second in the league and still have a good chance of winning it. We were knocked out of the Champion's League but then so were City who are above us in the Prem, and even if we hadn't been knocked out we'd have come up against Barca sooner or later and been embarrassed again, but that is not a reflection on Fergie - it's a measure of how good Barca are at the moment.

As for today's game - we can;t win them all and with the possession we had we should have won it but Liverspud got lucky.

Fergie will bounce back, he always does.

it's about time the whiskey nosed taggot looking fucker pissed of and let roy keane take over.

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

Fred I can't think of anything funnier.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

A sad day indeed when Alex goes, but he wont be going far.Just a move upstairs onto the board.

The best manager the English game has seen. Yes, Clough, Paisley and Shankly are up there too.

replacement(s)...Ive always said Martin O'neil has been lined up for the job. Still cant see anyone else in the UK being offered the post.

As long as he understands Fergies history, commitment, foresight....and can sing loudly " Who the f*ck are Man Utd?" LOL....

David Moyes will be next boss at Utd

in Lancashire

"As for today's game - we can;t win them all and with the possession we had we should have won it but Liverspud got lucky.

"

given the amount of possession the actual efforts on goal was low from the mancs..

we had a similar amount of possession against city midweek and but for joe harte it would have been a couple more..

think we needed to do your lot today, with shrek playing it may have been different..

your goalie's gone all dracula, hates crosses..

in Lancashire

"David Moyes will be next boss at Utd"

probably the best manager in the league, no money for players but he has them playing well above their level..

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i wouldnt write fergie off yet.

he's been written off in the past,and has always bounced back.

i would say he was right up there,with the very best,stein,and clough,but for me bob paisley,is the best manager british football has ever known.

also the most modest and dignified person,ever to grace football.

his record speaks for itself.

as for man u next manager,it has to be moyes or,o neil.

O'Neil is 60ish now, so it wont be him. It will be David Moyes.

Hope it is, I've got a few quid on it

By *on101bristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Ole Gunnar Solskjær apparently

"It will be a sad day when alex ferguson retires. Not because im a man u fan or even a football fan today, but in my opinion he is the only "true" football manager left. Gone are the days of bob paisly and Brian clough, now they change managers so often you dont have a clue from week to week whose going to be managing a football team"

Ahem... King Kenny himself! Perhaps equally decorated, more so as a player, perhaps less so as a manager, but still one of the only 4 to win the premier league since its re-naming

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

please god let it be alex mc cleish

By *ojorisin22Man  over a year ago

Dudley

Given the amount of injuries we've sustained, I'd say he's doing a fantastic job.

Solihull

"Given the amount of injuries we've sustained, I'd say he's doing a fantastic job."
each to there own, but imo fantastic job is stretching it somewhat ???

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There has been quite a few set backs this season and Man city are playing like dream but a few years ago silly little mistakes did not happen and he was on the ball.

Dudley

"Given the amount of injuries we've sustained, I'd say he's doing a fantastic job. each to there own, but imo fantastic job is stretching it somewhat ??? "

Cups aside, we're still contending for the premier league. Man City are top at the min, but after losing just a few players they've had some really terrible games. Arsenal have suffered similar injury problems and they went downhill. To be down so many players but so high up the league is an achievement in my opinion.

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 28/01/12 21:31:24]

Solihull

i see what you mean re still contending for the premier league as were only 27 points behind man city with 16 games to play so anything can happen, if we win the next 9 games on the trot and man city and the rest of the top 4 lose all of theres were right back level with them

"It will be a sad day when alex ferguson retires. Not because im a man u fan or even a football fan today, but in my opinion he is the only "true" football manager left. Gone are the days of bob paisly and Brian clough, now they change managers so often you dont have a clue from week to week whose going to be managing a football team

Ahem... King Kenny himself! Perhaps equally decorated, more so as a player, perhaps less so as a manager, but still one of the only 4 to win the premier league since its re-naming "

Sir Fergie

Kenny

Winger

Jose

Carlo

I make it 5

Dudley

There's plenty of time left and not that many points between us. We've got players back soon including Young and Cleverley. And overall, I'd say our upcoming games are easier, on paper anyway.

Solihull

"There's plenty of time left and not that many points between us. We've got players back soon including Young and Cleverley. And overall, I'd say our upcoming games are easier, on paper anyway."
lmao when you posted below my please take alex mc cleish it read like you were saying mc cleish was doing a good job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The obvious choice has to be Rab C Nesbitt. Total continuity un all aspects.

"It will be a sad day when alex ferguson retires. Not because im a man u fan or even a football fan today, but in my opinion he is the only "true" football manager left. Gone are the days of bob paisly and Brian clough, now they change managers so often you dont have a clue from week to week whose going to be managing a football team

Ahem... King Kenny himself! Perhaps equally decorated, more so as a player, perhaps less so as a manager, but still one of the only 4 to win the premier league since its re-naming

Sir Fergie

Kenny

Winger

Jose

Carlo

I make it 5"

Ok, forgot about Carlo! My point was, I put Kenny in the same class...

he a legend,lets hope when he does go they dont want martin oneal lol ..mackem here

There's only one man to do the job when God retires and that's Sparky Hughes. Giggs will get the gig eventually but he doesn't have management experience so I'm of the opinion that he'll serve under Fergie as an apprentice manager, move to No.2 spot when Sparky takes over and then he'll be United's next longest serving manager in maybe 5-10 years time when he takes over from Hughes.

I hope.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Howard Webb as they have already invested heavily in him when he decides to go please take arsehole wenger with him a right pair of moaning gits we could all do with not seeing on the tv

only thing letting us down this season is injuries and a green keeper thats low on confidence

By *at n michaelCouple  over a year ago

AYRSHIRE

JOSE mmmmmmmm lol...

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"i wouldnt write fergie off yet.

i would say he was right up there,with the very best,stein,and clough,but for me bob paisley,is the best manager british football has ever known.

as for man u next manager,it has to be moyes or,o neil."

Saucy, old mate, i think you have done Sir Matt Busby a huge

disservice. The greatest British manager by far.

As a United regular SAF stays for me but he needs a decent coach along side him who isn't afraid to suggest changes.

As for his successor, Pep Guardiola (however it's spelt) from Barca.

Man Utd look very 'average' this season....but thats by their own high standards. Ferdinand is a liability and with Vidic injured the defence looks weak.....and lets not even start on the goalkeeper

Their champions league group should have been toffee and they blew it. I think its time for a younger manager. Dont see pepe guardiola coming from barca as afterall thats a backward step. Fergie should go at the end of the season and let someone else re-build. I like the idea of sparky hughes taking over with the likes of giggs etc in a kinda bootroom type idea for future managers.

There will never be such a successful manager over a long period of time like SAF again.

A proud Scot and a very proud Govan man who never forgot his roots

in Lancashire

disservice. The greatest British manager by far. "

busby should be up there in the post war era..

intrigued how you conclude he was the 'greatest'?

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"it's about time the whiskey nosed taggot looking fucker pissed of and let roy keane take over."
i wish he would he could make a bollocks of man utd like he has with all the other clubs hes managed

Should not say this,Malky Mackay took us to wembley will be 2nd in league tonight after beating Southampton and with a small budget and a number of free transfers

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

disservice. The greatest British manager by far.

busby should be up there in the post war era..

intrigued how you conclude he was the 'greatest'? "

true busby should be in with the best.

bob paisley's record.

manager of liverpool football club.

1974-1983.9 seasons.

league championships-6

european cups-3

eufa cup-1

league cup-3

fa charity shield-5

european super cup-1

manager of the year-6

still the only manager to win 3 european cups.

all won within in 9 seasons.

without doubt,the greatest manager british football has ever known.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Is it time for him to retire. I don't think he is at the top of his game and who do you think would be good to take over."
Is he *still* playing?

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"it's about time the whiskey nosed taggot looking fucker pissed of and let roy keane take over."
the same roy keane who signed average div 1 players and put them on silly wages that safc took ages to shift or had to pay half contracts up to get rid, the same keane who took ipswitch to the bottom , sum great players aint cut out to manage see sir bobby charlton,

» Add a new message to this topic