FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motherless Day

Motherless Day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Lick OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

This thread is for all the lovely fabbers who have lost their mum's and to keep the sadness away from the other Mothers Day threads.

I just read something on fb about coping strategies if you're in this situation.

Personally I immerse myself in my own children and have a little cry in the bath at the end of the day.

What is the best thing you remember about your mum? My mother was always putting others before herself. She was super kind with a great sense of humour.

Hugs if you need them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This thread is for all the lovely fabbers who have lost their mum's and to keep the sadness away from the other Mothers Day threads.

I just read something on fb about coping strategies if you're in this situation.

Personally I immerse myself in my own children and have a little cry in the bath at the end of the day.

What is the best thing you remember about your mum? My mother was always putting others before herself. She was super kind with a great sense of humour.

Hugs if you need them.

"

I still have my Mum but just wanted to say what a lovely idea

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

What a lovely thread!

My Mum has been gone 13 years and I still miss her so much. She was always the first to offer help to anyone. She baked cakes for people and made the best roast dinners! I used to love going on holiday with her as we had such a laugh.

I'll be working . Definitely a bum deal this year an hour less in bed and work !!

By *ddibleMan  over a year ago

Exeter Bristol Salisbury

My mother died in February 2016, whilst I was working over seas. I wasn't contactable so didn't find out until I got back in the July. I saw her before I left and now it feels like she is still there but I just haven't got round to visiting.

I still send her a card even though the house was sold and demolished to make way for a housing estate. Its not a coping mechanism its just my way of saying Hi mum I still think of you.

I lost my mum 10 years ago and still feels like yesterday.

She's the best Mum in the whole wide world.

Miss you so much xxx

"My mother died in February 2016, whilst I was working over seas. I wasn't contactable so didn't find out until I got back in the July. I saw her before I left and now it feels like she is still there but I just haven't got round to visiting.

I still send her a card even though the house was sold and demolished to make way for a housing estate. Its not a coping mechanism its just my way of saying Hi mum I still think of you."

I still buy her flowers xx

By *ickie1880Man  over a year ago

Kent

I lost my mum and do my best to keep my emotions hidden from people. My sister moved miles away and my son has gone to stay with his mum for the weekend. So tomorrow it will be me and the dog and my thoughts of Mom.

Wishing all fabbers the very best and hoping that chins are kept up tomorrow (well as up as can be expected). Be thinking of you all.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My Mam sadly passed away aged 39, 2 days before ma 7th birthday in 1969

I know that she would have turned out to be a wonderful Mother though, just like her twin sister did to ma cousins

Nice thread OP. I hope all that are Mums get spoilt rotten, you are amazing

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

All I’ve got is great memories. They make me happy not sad.

My Mum was fantastic and I’ve thought about her a lot today, I’ll miss her tomorrow.

When she had just found out there was nothing more the Drs could do, I went into the hospital to visit. She held my hand and said “How’s my girl ?” Still putting me before herself.

She was the best cook ever, and a strong independent woman.

If you still have yours, give them an extra hug.

#mumsrock

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

There was too much good in her to list. It will be 8 years this year but still miss her terribly. My absolute hero. Made me the person I am and I will be forever grateful. Xx Natman

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

"All I’ve got is great memories. They make me happy not sad. "

Love this

Northampton Somewhere

Awwwww, than you for sharing. Losing our mum's has shaped us into the people we are today

I lost mine 33 years ago. I still think about her every day!

I'm working until 3 tomorrow, the first thing I do will be to collect big hugs from my 3 wonderful children, whether they like it or not

I'm working tomorrow but will be having a takeaway and treats, curtsy of the woofers x

"All I’ve got is great memories. They make me happy not sad. "

That's a nice quote that

I'm pleased that I can also think that with my late Mum and Dad

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Lost my mum 7 years ago and not a day goes past when I don't think of her. Mothers day was the first 'date' we had to deal with as it was just a few days after she passed... I'm a tad bitter/angry/jealous every year of friends who still have their mums and all the mother's day paraphernalia in shops, but I also know life goes on *shrug*

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I lost my mother 32 years ago. Unfortuntly she's still alive. It's so painful watching all the "niceness" given to mothers. When mine diserve nothing better than being 6 foot under. Harsh? Not just me, my twin brother backs me 100 percent.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"My Mam sadly passed away aged 39, 2 days before ma 7th birthday in 1969

I know that she would have turned out to be a wonderful Mother though, just like her twin sister did to ma cousins "

Just to add to this, within 6 months of this, I was sent to Boarding school for 10 years, and when I left in 1979, ma Dad died 5 years later, so I never really knew either of them.

As an only child, I suppose that I've had to make ma own way through life, but I do wonder how much life would have been different sometimes.....

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I am grateful to have my mom who leaves me in awe of her selflessness and love. With her brood of 4 daughters and 10 grandkids she hasn't had it easy either. Guess what I'm trying to say is I can't imagine her not being here. I think this is a lovely thread OP x

Northampton Somewhere

I know that she would have turned out to be a wonderful Mother though, just like her twin sister did to ma cousins

Just to add to this, within 6 months of this, I was sent to Boarding school for 10 years, and when I left in 1979, ma Dad died 5 years later, so I never really knew either of them.

As an only child, I suppose that I've had to make ma own way through life, but I do wonder how much life would have been different sometimes....."

That's tough x

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

As an only child, I suppose that I've had to make ma own way through life, but I do wonder how much life would have been different sometimes....."

*HUG*

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

As an only child, I suppose that I've had to make ma own way through life, but I do wonder how much life would have been different sometimes.....

That's tough x"

Yeah, but you have to soldier on and remember that there are many people in much worse positions than yourself ultimately.

Nice thought provoking thread OP.

Northampton Somewhere

That's tough x

Yeah, but you have to soldier on and remember that there are many people in much worse positions than yourself ultimately.

Yes, absolutely

Nice thought provoking thread OP. "

My mum died 30 years ago,but can still remember the smell in the house on a Sunday as she would spend all day baking pies and cakes for the rest of the week.Would love one of her homemade cakes now

By *heklangsCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

My mum passed away 33 years ago..I miss her so much..however

I know she would laugh her head off at me being a swinger..she was a naughty minx herself.

Happy memories

By *arex2Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

Thanks op. Good to know other people feel the same way. August 1998. Miss her...

By *exy studMan  over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 20:19:30]

By *exy studMan  over a year ago

Derby

My mum passed away last January and I try and think of the good times we had but not all ways easy ????

By *eelouWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. Coming up on 5 years and I find each year is getting worse. I do make the most of it with my own son but its the little things like just going to see mum and us all having dinner that I miss.

"This thread is for all the lovely fabbers who have lost their mum's and to keep the sadness away from the other Mothers Day threads.

Hugs if you need them.

"

Much love to you x

Beautiful post x

My parents are deceased.

By *olexMan  over a year ago

Hull

12 years ago in a couple of weeks. Spoil your mothers rotten if you can. For me, tomorrow doesn't exist & that's the way i get through it.

Still have my mum but lost my dad last month. He was my hero and part of me died that day too.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Both of us

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

Lost my Mother 15 years and and my Dad 7 years ago. Always like to get her some nice flowers every year to show she's still thought of.

Northampton Somewhere

Hugs if you need them.

Much love to you x

Beautiful post x "

Thank you x

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Still have my mum but lost my dad last month. He was my hero and part of me died that day too. "

I suppose my Dad was mine as well, but he was an old fuddy duddy at 48 when I was born in 1962

Northampton Somewhere

"Still have my mum but lost my dad last month. He was my hero and part of me died that day too. "

Awwwww, sorry to hear this. Give your mum an extra big hug tomorrow x

I look after my elderly mum who's well into her nineties. She's never really gotten over my dad dying just over four years ago. She's now struggling physically and mentally too. It's sad watching someone in decline.

Northampton Somewhere

"I look after my elderly mum who's well into her nineties. She's never really gotten over my dad dying just over four years ago. She's now struggling physically and mentally too. It's sad watching someone in decline. "

Some of my friends are experiencing similar. In a way I'm glad I don't have to go through that, it must be terribly sad x

"I look after my elderly mum who's well into her nineties. She's never really gotten over my dad dying just over four years ago. She's now struggling physically and mentally too. It's sad watching someone in decline. "

Yeah I'm not sure which is worse death or watching them deteriorate and remembering how active they used to be.

Thinking of you all

"I look after my elderly mum who's well into her nineties. She's never really gotten over my dad dying just over four years ago. She's now struggling physically and mentally too. It's sad watching someone in decline.

Yeah I'm not sure which is worse death or watching them deteriorate and remembering how active they used to be.

Thinking of you all"

I'm not sure either! But on balance losing your Mum at a young age is probably worse. You miss out on the support and sharing life's events. But then you don't want to see them becoming confused and afraid either. It's a total role reversal.

"I look after my elderly mum who's well into her nineties. She's never really gotten over my dad dying just over four years ago. She's now struggling physically and mentally too. It's sad watching someone in decline.

Some of my friends are experiencing similar. In a way I'm glad I don't have to go through that, it must be terribly sad x"

But then you also lost your mum early which is sad too. Big hug. x

My mum was my own personal super hero.

I’ll spend the day with my nan.

This is a wonderful idea. My Mum died 4 years ago and I have pretty much ignored Mothers Day, feeling envious of those who still have their Mums.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I have been to my mums grave to take flowers and have a chat to her today,its been 10 long years since she died.

Jack's mum passed 4 years ago too sadly .

Hugs to all who are missing mums or children xx

Miss

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hugs and love to everyone xxxx

By *layfulpairsxCouple  over a year ago

Southend

Hugs to all of you who've lost mums.

Hoping I can drive up from London to Cheshire in the morning even though feel like hell tonight with sneezes and a temperature to be with mine x

Northampton Somewhere

Some of my friends are experiencing similar. In a way I'm glad I don't have to go through that, it must be terribly sad x

But then you also lost your mum early which is sad too. Big hug. x"

Appreciated x

"Still have my mum but lost my dad last month. He was my hero and part of me died that day too.

Awwwww, sorry to hear this. Give your mum an extra big hug tomorrow x"

I most certainly will x

I do and dont. I lost my birth mother at 6 but was adopted by her sister.

So I have a mum but still feel sad as well. Confusing huh x

I lost my mum at the end of last year and I'll miss the simple things like being able to pic up the phone for a chat

6 years without my mother now. Never been the same since, it's a pain that will never leave me

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

Lost my Mum in January, still coming to terms with it, she`ll be in my mind all day x

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

5 years without my mumma.

The thing I find hardest is not being able to get that motherly advice, but, I have my 2 smalls to mother and I hope I make her proud with everything that I do.

Hugs to you all.

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

Great thread OP thank you. It's the toughest day. As I lost my Mum 2 years ago part of me wants to hide away from the world and stay under the duvet today. It's still incredibly painful.

But the other half of me wants to get up and celebrate with my children. Who have me and had the best Grandma.

Hugs to all

T xxx

Hugs and warm wishes to all of you xx

"My mother died in February 2016, whilst I was working over seas. I wasn't contactable so didn't find out until I got back in the July. I saw her before I left and now it feels like she is still there but I just haven't got round to visiting.

I still send her a card even though the house was sold and demolished to make way for a housing estate. Its not a coping mechanism its just my way of saying Hi mum I still think of you.

I still buy her flowers xx"

For Mother's Day I buy the flowers and chocolates she would have liked for me, as she still lives on in me

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

That's lovely my daughter in law mum passed away on Friday so made me cry

Nice idea.

20 years to the day today.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

We have both lost our Mum's sadly. I'll take some time to remember her, have a cry, and then have a drink in her memory and laugh at the funny things she used to do. Miss will remember her Mum in her own way and we are here for each other.

Big hugs to you all today

Both Mark and I have lost our parents, as time goes by it doesn't get any easier when Days like this come around. Happy Heavenly Birthday to all Mum's no longer with us today xx

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I think im in both camps tbh!

Spending today with my mum in the knowledge that it’s almost certainly the last we’ll have together!

She has a list of illnesses/medications longer than your arm and is on oxygen 16-24hrs per day!

Sounds odd but I already miss her - as I’m now very much caring for her rather than the other way round now - and a lot of the ‘spark’ that was my mum is gone!

Love you mum!

"I think im in both camps tbh!

Spending today with my mum in the knowledge that it’s almost certainly the last we’ll have together!

She has a list of illnesses/medications longer than your arm and is on oxygen 16-24hrs per day!

Sounds odd but I already miss her - as I’m now very much caring for her rather than the other way round now - and a lot of the ‘spark’ that was my mum is gone!

Love you mum! "

Big hugs to you

I know what you mean

I’ve been caring for my mum since her stroke

It’s like I’m the mum now and she is the child

Mothers are very precious

So cherish every moment you are with her

By *horehouseprincessWoman  over a year ago

small town near Munich

Its been two weeks today since she's gone

"Its been two weeks today since she's gone "

hugs darlin xxxxxxxxxx

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Two and a bit years since my mother finally died. We wanted her to go for such a long time but when it finally happened my grieving took me by surprise.

When she was alive and well Mothering Sunday was something she would spend all week preparing for as a Church Warden. Issuing instructions on flowers to be bought to be given to every mother in the congregation, scrubbing the church clean to welcome people returning to their 'mother' church and, making cakes for the after service tea and cakes.

It was all repaid, and more, by the church folk doing the same in her honour for her funeral.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Its been two weeks today since she's gone "

The first year when you lose a parent/loved one is by far the worst - constant reminders every birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc etc!

After that first horrendous year it starts to get easier and eventually - though you miss them still - the memories you’re left with are old, happy ones rather than the illness/death at the end!

Sending hugs!! Xxxx

"Its been two weeks today since she's gone

The first year when you lose a parent/loved one is by far the worst - constant reminders every birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc etc!

After that first horrendous year it starts to get easier and eventually - though you miss them still - the memories you’re left with are old, happy ones rather than the illness/death at the end!

Sending hugs!! Xxxx"

I totally agree.

Northampton Somewhere

Big hugs to you all today ((((()))))

Big hugs OP and everyone else that's lost their mum.

This is the second mother's Day without my mum.

I've been and bought a plant to go in the garden in her memory today so I'm still thinking of her.

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

My first without my Mum. Lost to cancer in November. Already did Fatherless Day and will now continue to celebrate Motherless Day. She was awesome and that's nothing to feel sad about.

"I lost my mum and do my best to keep my emotions hidden from people. My sister moved miles away and my son has gone to stay with his mum for the weekend. So tomorrow it will be me and the dog and my thoughts of Mom.

Wishing all fabbers the very best and hoping that chins are kept up tomorrow (well as up as can be expected). Be thinking of you all. "

I managed to keep my chins up all day at work now Im home theyre hanging loose

» Add a new message to this topic