FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PETROL!!!!?????

PETROL!!!!?????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me that can see that this is all just a ploy from the government to rinse people of there money through scare tactics... Or have you all been panicking and buying loads of petrol?

Sean x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

erm... dunno

ive got a 1/4 tank of diesel, ive no plans to go anywhere, so no panic here

Panic buying no... just ran out last night and had to queue for 20 frigging minutes to be ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel... cost me £95 frigging quid to fill up... I am sure the gits in my town hiked the price up to cash in on the rush... Grrrrrrr not a happy bunny here, thats less beer tokens for me this weekend!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Panic buying no... just ran out last night and had to queue for 20 frigging minutes to be ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel... cost me £95 frigging quid to fill up... I am sure the gits in my town hiked the price up to cash in on the rush... Grrrrrrr not a happy bunny here, thats less beer tokens for me this weekend!"

It's bloody ridiculous isnt it mate!

im seeing how long i can go without conking out, got 33 miles to go should be interesting!!

Can see the timewasters excuses now,,"Sorry couldnt get there we had no petrol"lol ,, it is a complete scandal though hiking up prices

As we're going down south over Easter we have filled up early in case there was a strike but that threat has now passed. It's not fuel we wouldn't have put in the car normally anyway as we often go down south as that's where I'm from.

I must be cynical but the end of year figures for revenue just got a hell of a boost didn't they!

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

No problem, run a diesel, cooking oil's only a pound a litre at Mackro.

"Panic buying no... just ran out last night and had to queue for 20 frigging minutes to be ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel... cost me £95 frigging quid to fill up... I am sure the gits in my town hiked the price up to cash in on the rush... Grrrrrrr not a happy bunny here, thats less beer tokens for me this weekend!

It's bloody ridiculous isnt it mate!"

Yes it is mate, rip off Britain for sure.

By *ravellingAndyMan  over a year ago

Brandon

" ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel... "

I did wonder how many filling stations would use this to pop the £1.50 barrier!?!

Isn't it funny a fuel shortage just as the prices have just gone up!!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Panic buying no... just ran out last night and had to queue for 20 frigging minutes to be ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel... cost me £95 frigging quid to fill up... I am sure the gits in my town hiked the price up to cash in on the rush... Grrrrrrr not a happy bunny here, thats less beer tokens for me this weekend!"

Wow..... 63 litres! Did anyone else get any petrol ?

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

i put £50 a week in anyway, so no, havent been panick buying, but everyone else seems to have done.

sat in the garage this afternoon and a large mouthy woman shouted at a bloke trying to open his petrol cap, without success, to bugger off somewhere else and figure it out.

when she got to the pump it refused her card twice.

i was so tempted to tell her to bugger off and sort it somewhere else, but she drove off, red faced, before i could. lol

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

My brother stuck 65 quids worth in his Audi, he only lives a few minutes drive from work.

Has the OP run out of fuel???

cost of fuel in our village went up yesterday

petrol 1.46.9

diesel 1.52.9

yep lets encourage the greedy state ,by the Eton boys tory fuds

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Mate got his big fuck off 4 x 4 land rover converted to run gas, zero tax and 73p a litre, cost him 2k but will pay for itself soon enough.

I cant sniff a full tank anyhow as it blows my mind right off. As for conspiracy theory hmmmm the whole world and his dog is against ya when sniffing petrol so nothing would surprise me

Hes behind you again the man in the moooooooooooooon. Were all doomed

why are ther so many greedy poeple in the country ,what we should have done is put up our middle finger ad david eton cameron and his rich list and said we no longer (not that i ever voted them into power) suport your greedy society

time to stand up and be counted ,get off the fence ,tell them you dont suport them tell them to fk off

power to the poeple,we pay there wages ,they have fkd up big style get rid of them

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

£1.50 a litre for diesel that's not bad.

Garage just up the road from me has been selling petrol for £1.52 a litre since Tuesday. I drove past last sunday and it was only £1.40.

Can you say profiteering?

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

" ripped of £1.50 a litre for diesel...

I did wonder how many filling stations would use this to pop the £1.50 barrier!?!"

Diesel over here is £1.52 and has been for a few months.

mullinwire

"power to the poeple,we pay there wages ,they have fkd up big style get rid of them"

were you screaming the same when labour was spending our money and selling our reserves?

no, because you are scottish (or at least from scotland) and as such a lbour boy (or at the very least a tory hater).

i can se, however, labour getting in at the next election and screwing the country up again, and then the tories come in, try and sort it out, and lo and behold, the moronic electorate bring bloody labour back because everything is the tories fault...

wake up and smell the shit.

give them another term and then, if they havent sorted it after then, by all means tell them to gtf

"power to the poeple,we pay there wages ,they have fkd up big style get rid of them

were you screaming the same when labour was spending our money and selling our reserves?

no, because you are scottish (or at least from scotland) and as such a lbour boy (or at the very least a tory hater).

i can se, however, labour getting in at the next election and screwing the country up again, and then the tories come in, try and sort it out, and lo and behold, the moronic electorate bring bloody labour back because everything is the tories fault...

give them another term and then, if they havent sorted it after then, by all means tell them to gtf"

And breathe!!

Hmm on a lighter note tho folks I hear aluminum step ladders are now down to just £14.99 at BBQ

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

I see the government are in talks with hauliers about moving petrol around it it kicks off...

What a lousy bunch of turncoat...a few years ago they were striking, they are in a great position to rub it on...but instead they are helping the government out..

They should be ashamed.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sod the petrol I've been queueing outside Greggs for three days to stock up on pasties

"Sod the petrol I've been queueing outside Greggs for three days to stock up on pasties "

PRIORITIES hey hmmm im hearing ya

mullinwire

"power to the poeple,we pay there wages ,they have fkd up big style get rid of them

give them another term and then, if they havent sorted it after then, by all means tell them to gtf

And breathe!!

Hmm on a lighter note tho folks I hear aluminum step ladders are now down to just £14.99 at BBQ "

great deal.

will make it easier for hosta to shout labours next manifesto from the rooftops lol

mullinwire

"I see the government are in talks with hauliers about moving petrol around it it kicks off...

What a lousy bunch of turncoat...a few years ago they were striking, they are in a great position to rub it on...but instead they are helping the government out..

They should be ashamed."

unless they are going to provide free ADR training i dont see what talking to haulage companies is gonna do

give them another term and then, if they havent sorted it after then, by all means tell them to gtf"

lets get one thing str8 here without trying to state the bloody obvious no matter who we vote for be it cons or labour the whole lot of them are liars and frauds and they don't give a damn what you or i think

mullinwire

lets get one thing str8 here without trying to state the bloody obvious no matter who we vote for be it cons or labour the whole lot of them are liars and frauds and they don't give a damn what you or i think "

i agree, but we should give these clowns a chance to mess things up in thier own way rather than going back to labours way of screwing things up

Bring on the next scraming lord such I say. Free bus passes for duck bill platipus and swim lessons for aquids. Ow yeah ow yeah ow yeah

Think it must now be cheaper to steal it and pay the fine than pay for it!!!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

It appears that the Government were surprised that a lot of fuel retailers didn`t have full tanks despite knowing that the strike was possible. The answer is simple! The banks won`t give the retailers the money to stock extra fuel and the retailers have to order only enough fuel they know they can pay for! The sulliers used to give the retailers time to pay as most buisnesses get from other suppliers but the fuel suppliers now charge the retailers for the fuel the minute it`s delivered.

If you say 'gullible' really slowly, it sounds like 'go fill your car up'

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Sod the petrol I've been queueing outside Greggs for three days to stock up on pasties

PRIORITIES hey hmmm im hearing ya"

lmao ,it was great when Dave C said he bought a lovely pasty recently and enjoyed it from a little place on leeds station ... turns out the shop closed 5 years ago , brilliant attempt at being seen to be one of the people Dave ...keep it up .

Re the petrol ,i hope we get rain soon cus if we dont the way this govt handle things we are all fucked ,they will be advising us to buy swimming pools and stock up on water .

"Sod the petrol I've been queueing outside Greggs for three days to stock up on pasties

PRIORITIES hey hmmm im hearing ya

lmao ,it was great when Dave C said he bought a lovely pasty recently and enjoyed it from a little place on leeds station ... turns out the shop closed 5 years ago , brilliant attempt at being seen to be one of the people Dave ...keep it up .

Re the petrol ,i hope we get rain soon cus if we dont the way this govt handle things we are all fucked ,they will be advising us to buy swimming pools and stock up on water ."

Shit I never thought of that..If there's a fuel crisis AND a hosepipe van how the fuck am I gonna siphon the diesel outta my neighbours van?!

There was a 200 yard queue at our local petrol station.Now I know the weather has been nice and it's the weekend but I'd completely underestimated public demand for overpriced sandwiches and charcoal briquettes.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"There was a 200 yard queue at our local petrol station.Now I know the weather has been nice and it's the weekend but I'd completely underestimated public demand for overpriced sandwiches and charcoal briquettes. "

LMFAO.....

No Tanker strike til at atleast after easter if indeed even then! No need whatsoever to panic buy and help retailers to profiter! People just need to get a grip! chill folks..

The thing is now.. that I think 20 of my local stations were almost out of fuel.. Some actually out of fuel..

So now people that werent buying before are faced that there really is no fuel in the local area.

So it has now turned into a massive nightmare.. Oh.. and fuel had gone up 4p a litre in two days around here.

Cali

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We have one local garage put up the cost of diesel from 1.44.9 to 1.49.9. It is the same every time so I wonn't use the place. They also have low prices in the mornings and up higher in the evenings.. People on the way to work see the price and buy fuel on the way home...

As for Government taxation? They make no more on the fuel because if people are already full up with fuel, they won't need to buy it for a while. People don't use more because of a shortage!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"

As for Government taxation? They make no more on the fuel because if people are already full up with fuel, they won't need to buy it for a while. People don't use more because of a shortage!"

I wondered when someone was going to highlight this fact....I would go even further and suggest that when their tanks are full they will endeavour to use less fuel than they normally would....for fear of not getting more.

The government will probably earn less tax during this panic period as many people will cut their car use once they have their precious juice...

How long before Halfords put the price of push bikes up?

If the government can't tax money out of you they'll frighten it out you!

Wankers!!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"

As for Government taxation? They make no more on the fuel because if people are already full up with fuel, they won't need to buy it for a while. People don't use more because of a shortage!

I wondered when someone was going to highlight this fact....I would go even further and suggest that when their tanks are full they will endeavour to use less fuel than they normally would....for fear of not getting more.

The government will probably earn less tax during this panic period as many people will cut their car use once they have their precious juice..."

Totally agree Jane

Where did the OP go?

Have they ran out of fuel?

» Add a new message to this topic