FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > USAs Nuclear Weapons in UK

USAs Nuclear Weapons in UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    15 weeks ago

Apparently Joe buden, being a huge fan of the UK (not) could be getting their nuclear arsenal somewhere near you! Isn't that wonderful (not)

In a move to counter those pesky Ruskies ..

Why can't he put them in Poland, Irish Republic or perhaps even Finland?

But are we happy to have these nukes back in the UK?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 15 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Hold on he doesn’t just put them here without the governments say so

"Hold on he doesn’t just put them here without the governments say so

"

Yep. Though would Sunak go along with it.

By *estivalMan 15 weeks ago

borehamwood

"

haha havent you figured out yet when the redneck nation says jump our spineless bellend leaders ask how high

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 15 weeks ago

in Lancashire

We store our own here, so what's the issue?

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

Because Joe Biden will be gone soon.

The Irish republic is a neutral country so would not accept nukes even if he offered

The USA is our most powerful ally whether we like it or not.If they wish to put their nukes here I welcome that decision and we will gladly host them.

We still have to deal with the reality of politics but soon the Americans time will come

By *estivalMan 15 weeks ago

borehamwood

"We store our own here, so what's the issue?"
keep em in there own country like us and france do

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 15 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"We store our own here, so what's the issue?keep em in there own country like us and france do"

Means zilch to me, won't affect mine or indeed anyone's daily life..

Suppose it will be somewhere for the cnd lot to set up a camp..

If they are deployed here. Russia will just do something similar

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 15 weeks ago

nearby

Training Ukraine army

Conscription

Now this

The rhetoric is ramping up.

By *uddy laneMan 15 weeks ago

dudley

"If they are deployed here. Russia will just do something similar "

Yeah move some s500 units and nukes from their eastern Pacific seaboard closer to the uk.

By *ools and the brainCouple 15 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

This is nothing new.

Greenham common!

By *otMe66Man 15 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"We store our own here, so what's the issue?keep em in there own country like us and france do

Means zilch to me, won't affect mine or indeed anyone's daily life..

Suppose it will be somewhere for the cnd lot to set up a camp.."

By *iman2100Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

What exactly are people worried about? The bombs going off accidentally?

or Britain becoming a target for Russia? It is anyway.

As soon as we reach Defcon 3 those bombs will be on the aircraft so there will be no point in bombing the empty storage facility.

By (user no longer on site) OP    14 weeks ago

"What exactly are people worried about? The bombs going off accidentally?

As soon as we reach Defcon 3 those bombs will be on the aircraft so there will be no point in bombing the empty storage facility. "

The tit for tat by Russia.

Nukes in the UK = Russian response = USA response etc..and condemning each others moves.. makes an exchange more likely

Glasgow

As soon as we reach Defcon 3 those bombs will be on the aircraft so there will be no point in bombing the empty storage facility.

Nukes in the UK = Russian response = USA response etc..and condemning each others moves.. makes an exchange more likely

"

As I see it there are so many nukes scattered around the world that their actual location is not going to make any difference. If a nuclear war starts it is mutually assured destruction; the end.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 14 weeks ago

golden fields

As I see it there are so many nukes scattered around the world that their actual location is not going to make any difference. If a nuclear war starts it is mutually assured destruction; the end. "

The difference it makes for us is that we'd be more of a target.

Glasgow

As I see it there are so many nukes scattered around the world that their actual location is not going to make any difference. If a nuclear war starts it is mutually assured destruction; the end.

The difference it makes for us is that we'd be more of a target. "

I don't want to worry you any more, but we are a major target already and have been for years. I don't think we could be any more of a target than we already are.

By *enSiskoMan 14 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I don't want to worry you any more, but we are a major target already and have been for years. I don't think we could be any more of a target than we already are. "

Russia test our defences reguarly, by flying planes towards our boarder in the North Sea.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

I don't want to worry you any more, but we are a major target already and have been for years. I don't think we could be any more of a target than we already are.

Russia test our defences reguarly, by flying planes towards our boarder in the North Sea."

And over what should be our border in the north sea

Glasgow

Russia test our defences reguarly, by flying planes towards our boarder in the North Sea.

And over what should be our border in the north sea"

Yes, they fly 1500 miles for the fun of it. Us having no nuclear deterrent will make us being nuked more likely.

By (user no longer on site) OP    14 weeks ago

Yes, they fly 1500 miles for the fun of it. Us having no nuclear deterrent will make us being nuked more likely.

"

We've got our own nukes though.

Besides the USA, who hosts nuclear weapons of others countries?

Them russian planes are ancient and easy shot down.

Remember the Russians are so crap they can't even invade Ukraine, never mind Europe.

The only real way is to launch nuclear weapons, and we've got fucking loads in submarines, so why do we need American ones too?

By *uddy laneMan 14 weeks ago

dudley

We've got our own nukes though.

Besides the USA, who hosts nuclear weapons of others countries?

Them russian planes are ancient and easy shot down.

Remember the Russians are so crap they can't even invade Ukraine, never mind Europe.

The only real way is to launch nuclear weapons, and we've got fucking loads in submarines, so why do we need American ones too?"

Bad idea to shoot down a plane at 55 thousand feet carrying a nuke over your territory.

"Apparently Joe buden, being a huge fan of the UK (not) could be getting their nuclear arsenal somewhere near you! Isn't that wonderful (not)

"

The “special relationship” is only special to the British. The septics don’t care about it and take the piss out of us. Sometimes I wish Hugh Grant was PM for about 5 minutes ala Love Actually.

"Apparently Joe buden, being a huge fan of the UK (not) could be getting their nuclear arsenal somewhere near you! Isn't that wonderful (not)

The “special relationship” is only special to the British. The septics don’t care about it and take the piss out of us. Sometimes I wish Hugh Grant was PM for about 5 minutes ala Love Actually."

Partially correct the relationship does give us some sway in Washington but it is just that a bit of power that we shouldn’t keep lying to ourselves about.

Washington balances the powers against each other and picks the side they’ll support it will always be so.While the relationship may help tilt the balance it will never be enough on it’s own

By *andE2000Man 14 weeks ago

Bathgate

"

Are we onthe side of the good us as usual? Human Rights, Democracy, women's rights

By *altenkommandoMan 14 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

The only real way is to launch nuclear weapons, and we've got fucking loads in submarines, so why do we need American ones too?"

Because Trident is a strategic weapon with high-yield multiple warheads and the US warheads are low-yield tactical warheads.

The Russians moved their tactical (mostly artillery launched) warheads close to the Ukraine border a good year in advance of the invasion and there is next to no equivalent counter-measure on NATO’s flank, hence the strategic decision to place an extra F35 sqn in the UK with the option to arm with tactical warheads.

Anyone thinking that the UK wasn’t a target before this decision is niave in the extreme, if anything the counter effect will increase regional security, not worsten it.

I don’t think the US placing warheads here makes us more targeted. It is an imposition on the UK people and we weren’t consulted.

My main concern is that the septics have a long track record of nukes accidentally falling off their aircraft or their nuclear armed aircraft crashing.

They can take their nukes and fuck right off. We don’t need them here and we, frankly, don’t need US personnel based on our shores. Get the yanks to fuck out of the UK.

"I don’t think the US placing warheads here makes us more targeted. It is an imposition on the UK people and we weren’t consulted.

My main concern is that the septics have a long track record of nukes accidentally falling off their aircraft or their nuclear armed aircraft crashing.

They can take their nukes and fuck right off. We don’t need them here and we, frankly, don’t need US personnel based on our shores. Get the yanks to fuck out of the UK."

And we should leave the US in exchange I presume.I don’t like the Americans here but until we fix ourselves their presence helps a lot in keeping relations stable as well as reassuring Europe that we will fight with them if it comes to it

"I don’t think the US placing warheads here makes us more targeted. It is an imposition on the UK people and we weren’t consulted.

They can take their nukes and fuck right off. We don’t need them here and we, frankly, don’t need US personnel based on our shores. Get the yanks to fuck out of the UK.

And we should leave the US in exchange I presume.I don’t like the Americans here but until we fix ourselves their presence helps a lot in keeping relations stable as well as reassuring Europe that we will fight with them if it comes to it"

I’m don’t think we are part of the US or even have troops stationed in the US. You’ll need to explain what you mean by “leave the US in exchange”

As much as we are sometimes referred to as the 51st State, we’re still independent.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 14 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

haha havent you figured out yet when the redneck nation says jump our spineless bellend leaders ask how high"

Really? Which nation is sending the most of its people of to war or garrison over the world? Seems the USA is our bitch as it's doing the lions share of the work.

haha havent you figured out yet when the redneck nation says jump our spineless bellend leaders ask how high

Really? Which nation is sending the most of its people of to war or garrison over the world? Seems the USA is our bitch as it's doing the lions share of the work."

Eh……… no. That’s just not how it is at all.

The Americans decide what happens in most of the world. We’re sometimes asked to tag along because a “coalition of the willing” gives them legitimacy.

By *oubleswing2019Man 14 weeks ago

Colchester

"The Americans decide what happens in most of the world. We’re sometimes asked to tag along because a “coalition of the willing” gives them legitimacy."

Indeed. It's just tribes at the end of the day and which tribe you align yourself to and why.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Just hope they put them near you. They will become targets in the first strike, you will be in the blast area and saved a long slow death.

By *andE2000Man 14 weeks ago

Bathgate

Really? Which nation is sending the most of its people of to war or garrison over the world? Seems the USA is our bitch as it's doing the lions share of the work."

It's also taking the lion's share of the bounty. Plus Am

By * Busty HotwifeCouple 14 weeks ago

Bradford

"We store our own here, so what's the issue?keep em in there own country like us and france do"

Actually at least one quarter of all our serviceable nukes are at sea on a permanent rota.

By *altenkommandoMan 14 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

They can take their nukes and fuck right off. We don’t need them here and we, frankly, don’t need US personnel based on our shores. Get the yanks to fuck out of the UK."

Actually, yes we do. The upgrades to RAF Lakenheath to accommodate the F35 alone has led to hundreds of millions of pounds of inward investment from the US and has created a couple of thousand jobs, not to mention the jobs created in the supply chains and local economy that would dissapear if the USAF left.

By *loscouplegl3Couple 14 weeks ago

Gloucester

"

Actually, yes we do. The upgrades to RAF Lakenheath to accommodate the F35 alone has led to hundreds of millions of pounds of inward investment from the US and has created a couple of thousand jobs, not to mention the jobs created in the supply chains and local economy that would dissapear if the USAF left. "

Well said

» Add a new message to this topic