FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Scotland at the Euros

Scotland at the Euros

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do you honestly think we will get on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pumped by every team . Apart from Engerland . They’ll pump us in the last minute

"Pumped by every team . Apart from Engerland . They’ll pump us in the last minute "
ok lovin the enthusiasm

By *ikchattyfellahMan  over a year ago

Greenock

"How do you honestly think we will get on. "

Home in time to support whoever is playing against England I suppose!

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

We have a decent squad and Clarke will have them well prepared.

Anything can happen on the day, I hope we get through the group, but after the last year im just looking forward to seeing some top games tbh.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

They were setting up an area at Glasgow Green yesterday for people to watch the Euros on a big screen.

They are allowing 3000 people in for each game but the fans are not allowed to smoke, shout or cheer.

I’m not a footie fan but how difficult is that going to be, not being able to cheer for your preferred team!!!

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Any team is only as good as their weakest links, and we're weak in a few important areas. If the likes of Che Adams, Grant Hanley, AN Other centre half, and Stephen O' Donnell, or preferably Nathan Patterson, can raise their games, then I think we can qualify. Despite the quality of player we have at our disposal, every other team always seems to be technically better than we are. I'd go with a midfield of McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour as I reckon that's our best chance of controlling a game.

No matter what, we've got the buzz of tournament football to look forward to. For McCoist v Switzerland, Collins v Brazil, Griffiths v England (a qualifier but what a buzz) hopefully the glee isn't met with despair shortly after this time round.

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"They were setting up an area at Glasgow Green yesterday for people to watch the Euros on a big screen.

They are allowing 3000 people in for each game but the fans are not allowed to smoke, shout or cheer.

I’m not a footie fan but how difficult is that going to be, not being able to cheer for your preferred team!!!"

In the event of a last minute winner against England, I can't see everyone staying calm and shooshing one-another, personally.

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

We fail to qualify on goal difference

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"They were setting up an area at Glasgow Green yesterday for people to watch the Euros on a big screen.

I’m not a footie fan but how difficult is that going to be, not being able to cheer for your preferred team!!!

In the event of a last minute winner against England, I can't see everyone staying calm and shooshing one-another, personally. "

Precisely, added to that...people are going to want a drink! I doubt alcohol will be allowed in but where there’s a will there’s a way!

We’ll finish bottom of the league but put on a great display against England.

Can see our game with them a 1-1 draw

France / Belgium to win the tournament

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

Beat the Czechs

Lose against England

Draw or lose v Croatia

Could be enough to qualify.

"Pumped by every team . Apart from Engerland . They’ll pump us in the last minute ok lovin the enthusiasm "

Too long in the tooth mate . Seen it all before unfortunately, although I’d love to see us do well we’re just average. And that’s putting it mildly…… still …… if I’m proved wrong I’m prepared for the pelters lol

By *othardandfreeMan  over a year ago

.here and there

At the end of the day the current squad have been playing better than any squad in the past 20 years.

I dont think we will make the 2nd round but it could be a close one.

Good to see the national team on the up as more than a generation has gone by with sod all to cheer about...well apart from the odd games where we somehow humped Germany and France.

By *ocal_lad_ABMan  over a year ago

Hometown

As said above, squad is playing as a team for each other, and manager seems to have a handle on them.

Our best chance for many years to get that monkey off our backs and qualify for last 16.

Think we will manage that,and glorious defeat by England, with Trafalgar bubbling away

Anyone feeling any different, after a couple of friendlies, thought they were decent against Holland.

I wont hold my breath, but surely we're due a decent tournament. If they turn up and stay solid we have a chance but that's all i think

By *ylonfan38Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauldish

I've got to say over the last few games I've seen some sign for optimism. That said I've also seen some signs for concern. Defending set pieces is an issue. Some disconnect between the defence and midfield leaving huge gaps through the middle. If we can get that sorted I think we can qualify. Just! From where we were that would be a great result for me.

By *eglover62TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

With some of the best third placed teams in the groups qualifying then Scotland might just make it this time. I think we can beat the Czechs but I think England and Croatia will be too strong for us. But it’s also possible we could sneak a draw in one of those games. 4 points will def get Scotland through and three may well be enough. First game is crucial.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I think we will do alright

I think we will do it. A win against the Czech and a draw against the Croatians and please God beat or draw with the other lot.

By *inky_katrinaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Like me after my dream date, pumped rotten xxxx

By *imba2021Man  over a year ago

Dunfermline

All the lads at work are plotting how to get an early knock on Monday

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Feeling positive. Best squad we've had in years and a coach who's got them playing well. A couple of weak spots across the team, but think we're in with a great shout at getting to the knockout stages. I'm buzzing for it. Even getting to the tournament is massive.

Good squad of player, who are starting to gel as a team using a system that is showing results.

I think we will come second in the group. But even if we don't it's an improvement that we qualified.

It's all about continued improvement.

Think we will do well 'got a good group of players 'good talent 'HH

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

I think Scotland will do well and surprise a lot of people. Hope we don't win the group though would much rather coming 2nd or getting in as a best placed 3rd team

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Unfortunately, i expect we will lose to both England and Croatia. If we are lucky we "might" get a result against the Czechs but even a draw isn't a cert.

Allys tartan army all over again

Will finish 2nd in the group

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

We're doomed

Will all depend on the opening game, loose to the Czechs and its wooden spoon and bottom of the group without a point.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have no idea how things will go.

But hey ho. Fingers crossed and all that.

Cmoan Scotland ??????????????

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I have no idea how things will go.

But hey ho. Fingers crossed and all that.

Cmoan Scotland ?????????????? "

Damn those question marks.

That was supposed to be a Scotland flag!

1 1 against Czechs

2 0 loss Croatia

4 0 loss England

Out at the league stage

"1 1 against Czechs

2 0 loss Croatia

4 0 loss England

Out at the league stage"

Ffs mate, don't hold back

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"1 1 against Czechs

2 0 loss Croatia

4 0 loss England

Out at the league stageFfs mate, don't hold back "

Good to see Scottish optimism is still going strong

By *dinburghBLTMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Win v Czech Republic

Loss v Croatia

England will probably beat us but I’ll settle for us to do an Iceland on them !!!

I just want to see the commentators do their nut again

Semi Finals

Belgium v France

England v Portugal

Final

France v England and France win

"1 1 against Czechs

2 0 loss Croatia

4 0 loss England

Out at the league stageFfs mate, don't hold back "

Live in Scotland ..not Scottish. Neither do I think England will win it. France for me and dark horse will be Italy.

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Better than England

By *ungislanderMan  over a year ago

western isles

Over the moon to be there just hope to put on a performance and them to do us proud.

I think we will qualify our hardest game will be Croatia

By *ruescotsman84Man  over a year ago

Killie

Really depends on how we do against the Czechs. If we can get three points from that, the tails will be up against England (although unfortunately I still see a loss) but can squeak a draw against Croatia.

As long as the boys do us proud and give it a bit of a go, it'll be a great tournament.

Hopefully don't have to wait 23 years for the next one too!

Might as well send them home now

Not for bigging the lads up unnecessarily but think we’ve probably got one of the best coaches and a really good group that’ll work hard and have a bit of quality.

Question is whether can get out of the group, as in knockout matches like last year, the squad have dug out some great results.

By *othwellguyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Think we could really cause an upset.... 2 wins and 1 defeat

By *oight68Man  over a year ago

inverclyde

Think scotland have one of best squads for years bar the strikers..hope they do well and im English but hopefully they beat czechs and croatia and qualify with England and think.most of goals will come from midfield

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’ll quote Tommy Docherty “home before the postcards”

Leeds

As a Leeds fan, if Liam Cooper plays against England then Stirling, Kane, Foden will run him ragged !

Felt that was unfortunate today.

First goal made by the overlap run and drew some markers and guy putting cross in wasn’t really closed down. Could argue man for man defending let us down but, really good ball in and good finish.

Second goal just a shambles from committing too many guys forward and was actually a hell of an effort from that far out.

Seemed to me Scotland had a decent amount of chances but no ‘sclaff off a backside stuff’ and you sorta need that sometimes.

I’m not saying it’s dead but it’s a big ask now

Leeds

Scotland’s keeper in the goal like a Salmon in a keep net for the 2nd goal pmsl

fife

Never got a break Clapped off the pitch

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Great to see the tartan army back!!! Anyone else see the 2 old men hugging in the stadium before kick off and went "awwwww"

Seeing all the players sing the national anthem actually made me tear up

Most likely terrible .. but we got there still

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Pumped by every team . Apart from Engerland . They’ll pump us in the last minute ok lovin the enthusiasm

Too long in the tooth mate . Seen it all before unfortunately, although I’d love to see us do well we’re just average. And that’s putting it mildly…… still …… if I’m proved wrong I’m prepared for the pelters lol "

Id agree apart from the avg part I'd say seriously below avg.

Scottish folk tend to slag of English folk for believing in their ability to win I feel we do the same pretending it's feasible that our team can accomplish much.

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

"Pumped by every team . Apart from Engerland . They’ll pump us in the last minute ok lovin the enthusiasm

Too long in the tooth mate . Seen it all before unfortunately, although I’d love to see us do well we’re just average. And that’s putting it mildly…… still …… if I’m proved wrong I’m prepared for the pelters lol Id agree apart from the avg part I'd say seriously below avg.

Scottish folk tend to slag of English folk for believing in their ability to win I feel we do the same pretending it's feasible that our team can accomplish much.

"

Fuck all wrong with having hope and pride in your country. English expect, we hope and I for one wouldn't have it any other way.

coatbridge

Too long in the tooth mate . Seen it all before unfortunately, although I’d love to see us do well we’re just average. And that’s putting it mildly…… still …… if I’m proved wrong I’m prepared for the pelters lol Id agree apart from the avg part I'd say seriously below avg.

Fuck all wrong with having hope and pride in your country. English expect, we hope and I for one wouldn't have it any other way. "

lol weird how you see the same thing as different dependant on which country is displaying it.

You can also have pride in your country while at the same time facing up to reality. I'm not saying its this teams fault by the way the curse of Scottish football happened yrs ago and unfortunately it will req many more years to fix.

ABERDEEN

Fuck all wrong with having hope and pride in your country. English expect, we hope and I for one wouldn't have it any other way. lol weird how you see the same thing as different dependant on which country is displaying it.

You can also have pride in your country while at the same time facing up to reality. I'm not saying its this teams fault by the way the curse of Scottish football happened yrs ago and unfortunately it will req many more years to fix. "

We're shite and we know we are. Fans build their hopes up every game and 9/10 times those hopes are dashed, but that's ok we move on to the next time. Whereas if England got that result or even a draw there would be absolute meltdowns and anger. Tell me I'm wrong? Therefore, England expects, Scotland hopes.

coatbridge

Fuck all wrong with having hope and pride in your country. English expect, we hope and I for one wouldn't have it any other way. lol weird how you see the same thing as different dependant on which country is displaying it.

You can also have pride in your country while at the same time facing up to reality. I'm not saying its this teams fault by the way the curse of Scottish football happened yrs ago and unfortunately it will req many more years to fix.

We're shite and we know we are. Fans build their hopes up every game and 9/10 times those hopes are dashed, but that's ok we move on to the next time. Whereas if England got that result or even a draw there would be absolute meltdowns and anger. Tell me I'm wrong? Therefore, England expects, Scotland hopes. "

your wrong.

Why because England and Scotland are teams that are miles apart. ergo what is expected from each squad is diffrent.

The bit your missing those in the know expect Scotland to get pumped by teams way out of scotlands league whereas England are expected to pump teams way below their league

ABERDEEN

We're shite and we know we are. Fans build their hopes up every game and 9/10 times those hopes are dashed, but that's ok we move on to the next time. Whereas if England got that result or even a draw there would be absolute meltdowns and anger. Tell me I'm wrong? Therefore, England expects, Scotland hopes. your wrong.

Why because England and Scotland are teams that are miles apart. ergo what is expected from each squad is diffrent.

The bit your missing those in the know expect Scotland to get pumped by teams way out of scotlands league whereas England are expected to pump teams way below their league "

By your own admission then, Scotland hopes, England expects.

Thank you.

A lot of huff and puff..lacking quality and composure for an end product. Can't fault effort but effort alone does not win matches

By *astEndGuyGLAMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

London bound on Thursday can’t wait… even tho yesterday didn’t go to plan lol

Ok the odds may be stacked against us for turning England over on there own patch, but never say never, Its great just to be back in a major tournament, A change of team and a wee bit of luck in Friday, you never know.

Heading down Friday morning would have been looking forward to it more if we got a decent result yesterday

[Removed by poster at 15/06/21 20:42:02]

I just hope there is no trouble that brings disgrace to the country. Way too many people travelling down to London to watch the game without a ticket, for what purpose?? surely brings covid risk also.

Its a derby, Scotland have a chance on the day.

So here we are the day of the big game, think we need at least a point here, But how sweet it would be to actually win, "some may call me dreamer, but im not the only one", said someone famous, Win or lose let's try and enjoy it.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Still doomed, doomed I tell you.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I just hope it's a good game rather than a shit show from both sides as England v Scotland tends to go with any sport

Edinburgh

I’ll be watching the game with the commentary off cause they will just drive me mental - got gut feeling it will be a draw tonight maybe just maybe …….. aw fuck it it’ll be 3-0 England

Edinburgh

"I just hope there is no trouble that brings disgrace to the country. Way too many people travelling down to London to watch the game without a ticket, for what purpose?? surely brings covid risk also.

Its a derby, Scotland have a chance on the day.

"

There are some brill clips going about of fans dancing with the Met Police and soaking them in beer

By *izzymayWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My heart say please my head has doubts.....com on scotland

fife

If they play Kane upfront we are beaten if they keep him back a bit we might sneak something Hope Tierney is fit and please no Odonnel

10-1 Scotland to win

Worth a fiver

If it’s 2-1 England, I would be pretty happy with that result. To not score would show a real lack of go forward and ambition which would be disappointing.

it's exciting. Scotland have nothing to lose. go for it. I am personally supporting England but will be happy for Scotland if they win. Its about the size of the fight in the dog on the day.

I get embarrassed watching rio ferdinand abd others talk shite. it's a derby, anything can happen.

enjoy it, go boogie

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

One taff here rooting for you Scots...

As per another thread title in scotish section..

Heres trusting today will be "one fine day" for you Scots..

ABERDEEN

There you go.....hope. canny beat it. Well done Scotland fucking brilliant performance tonight

near Glasgow

oooohhhhh yes sir I can boogie

I lost 1000 Im like loyal Scottish but we are rubbish and in wrong they drew

Yesssss sir i can boogie

fife

"If they play Kane upfront we are beaten if they keep him back a bit we might sneak something Hope Tierney is fit and please no Odonnel "

2 right out of 3 Well played Odonnel Next question how do we get a goal and how do we manage to finish 3rd on 4 points and be eliminated

How's everyone feeling for tomorrow, any predictions??

near Glasgow

"How's everyone feeling for tomorrow, any predictions?? "

Disappointed to lose Gilmour for the Croatia game, Croatia haven't looked that great so we should be capable if getting a win at Hampden, just need a striker with their shooting boots on

I’m not a footie fan but how difficult is that going to be, not being able to cheer for your preferred team!!!"

Im working the fan zone. They were asked not to bring bagpipes . They were singing dancing and shouting at the screens. Altho some louts did crash into the euro 2020 ball and crack it. Now folks cant touch it to have pics taken .

All in all they had a great night at the zone .

By *deemikeMan  over a year ago

dundee

a win is good enough after tonight's results to get us through

Drumroll......., Here we go then, just win and were through, big night for the team, could be ledgends tonight, cmoan Scotland

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Think we’re going to do it tonight….C’mon Scotland !

By *irtydawg35Man  over a year ago

glasgow

It’s the hope that kills us.....but come one Scotland! Stand up and be counted

There's never an incentive for scotland to do well. We as a nation accept defeat far to easily and hence why we do lose on many of the important occasions. If we win tonight we'll be hero's for getting to the knockout stages, setting us up for zero criticism in our next defeat. If we lose tonight we will be hero's for getting to the group stages. Win win situation for the team but ultimately still losers , again.

When you set the bar low you will never achieve the heights of other teams.

Leeds

I fancy a Boogie

"I fancy a Boogie

"

It was the boogie man that got them lol

Leeds

"I fancy a Boogie

It was the boogie man that got them lol"

I think they did well to get 1 point

Hamilton Accy of the euros

By *wig1963Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

What can I say guys well done guys wife in benidorm tonight with the girls I am off to bed that's the way it goes

Edinburgh

"I fancy a Boogie

It was the boogie man that got them lol

I think they did well to get 1 point

Hamilton Accy of the euros "

Hey I’m a Hamilton Accies fan and we are much more shit than Scotland

[Removed by poster at 22/06/21 22:27:01]

Edinburgh

We came, we saw, we gave London a hell of a party and we boogied

See you all in Qatar 2022 - get the sun tan lotion out and book me a camel !!!!!!

"I fancy a Boogie

It was the boogie man that got them lol"

unlucky. enjoy the draw.

Yip 1pt ..-4 goal difference. A point more than I expected. Yes sir..

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Should have started the Czech game with 2 upfront.. Needed to get off to a good start.

Thats ma flag away for a while

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

Oh well.

Forza Azzurri!

By *omond guyMan  over a year ago

alexandria