FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > First messages

First messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's probably been discussed here before but what do we all expect from a first message?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cotsman269Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

No reply

By *tarmix2020Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"No reply "

By *W1970Man  over a year ago

hamilton

By *eedsanewusernameMan  over a year ago

Mainly under the bed...

"No reply "

And a good old delete too.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

What I WANT from a first message is a decent length and interesting message, telling me about themselves and what they are looking for and have to offer, and possibly a face pic attached.

What I've grown to EXPECT these days is a one liner from a zero effort profile that shows they haven't bothered to read my profile, sometimes with a cock pic attached, asking me to meet today

By *agnar73Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's probably been discussed here before but what do we all expect from a first message? "

Unread or deleted

By *om-4-SubMan  over a year ago

KILMARNOCK

I personally feel its what you put in your subject banner that grabs the ladies attention! Then it's the message.

Most ladies are inundated with messages so I can imagine how tedious it can be scrolling through messages.

So! How does your mail stand out in amongst lots of messages in their inbox for them to actually open your message?

I'd suggest the females mind is your first port of call.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"It's probably been discussed here before but what do we all expect from a first message? "
I don’t expect a first message at all .

I’m all for equality in that il do my own search and message suitors too if I’m looking .

In a first message if one is sent then just a lighthearted intro is fine by me & we can take things from there

By *ibliosWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"What I WANT from a first message is a decent length and interesting message, telling me about themselves and what they are looking for and have to offer, and possibly a face pic attached.

What I've grown to EXPECT these days is a one liner from a zero effort profile that shows they haven't bothered to read my profile, sometimes with a cock pic attached, asking me to meet today "

So much this. Something that shows a bit of effort, courtesy and consideration. I'm not wasting my time and energy on someone who isn't prepared to do likewise and approaches it as a copy-pasta 'numbers game'.

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

I dont like an obvious copy n paste though do understand why they do it. Other than that, provided a guy is respectful I'm ok with short first messages. Cant go those lengthy ones that are properly a result of 'profile advice'. Just do you guys

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

"I dont like an obvious copy n paste though do understand why they do it. Other than that, provided a guy is respectful I'm ok with short first messages. Cant go those lengthy ones that are properly a result of 'profile advice'. Just do you guys "

*probably

By *ueen CatWoman  over a year ago

fife

It's a difficult one as I feel I have double standards alot of the time. I expect a half decent message but when it comes to me sending the first message I'm stumped!! I'm terrible at chatting on here but can blether away in person. It all comes down to ratio , if there was less men then maybe even the one liners would catch our attention more.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To get patched mostly

The good old ASL

Sex

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The 2nd message counts more. I check profiles before reading the message. If that doesn't grab my attention it doesn't matter what your first message is.

I would say the first message after I reply is more important in striking up a chat

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Something witty that you can bounce back and have a bit of banter with

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

" I check profiles before reading the message. If that doesn't grab my attention it doesn't matter what your first message is "

This ^^

And if it’s blatantly obvious you haven’t read my profile then I just delete.

By *nn1330Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Someone that can read. I also message 1st too so the first time I do and I get utter nonsense back well I will delete

"What I WANT from a first message is a decent length and interesting message, telling me about themselves and what they are looking for and have to offer, and possibly a face pic attached.

What I've grown to EXPECT these days is a one liner from a zero effort profile that shows they haven't bothered to read my profile, sometimes with a cock pic attached, asking me to meet today "

Exactly this...

By *essicaandmarkCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

What we don’t want to see is ‘what are you in to?’ I mean what are you looking for in a response here?? Train spotting and Lego ?? We have spend a bit of time writing the profile and if you read it I think you’ll have a good idea.

What we want is an indication you have brains and can hold an interesting conversation. We don’t mind a bit of sexy chat but let’s build up to that. Tell us about you!! Why our profile interested you? Where your from etc..

Nothing worse than reading a profile that states no one liners etc, you send a well constructed message and you get a reply of 'Hi'

I get this countless times, got to laugh really.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I delete 99% of messages unopened. Most of the well written first messages I get have resulted in good conversations or meets

[Removed by poster at 13/05/23 15:14:29]

By *isstucWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Totally agree xx

By *isstucWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I like them to show they've read my profile and be a bit more chatty - any " gonna " chat gets blocked straight away xx

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Their address, bust size and preference for red or white

By *atoza RitchieWoman  over a year ago

Looneyville

Something to make me laugh. And I don't mean your dick pic.

By *atoza RitchieWoman  over a year ago

Looneyville

[Removed by poster at 13/05/23 20:59:54]

How does that normally work out?

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair, but The Cotswolds this weekend

Politeness and humour, and something more substantive than just two words.

Thankfully, in my experience women do send qualitative first messages.

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"No reply

And a good old delete too."

Mine are usually read then ignored. If it was at least deleted I know they aren't interested, so I block to save bothering again, just being read, I've no clue

Messages from this morning..

"How's yous"

"Would love to fuck Mrs"

"Does she meet alone"

"Great tits, can i see more"

This is just this morning which is a usual thing. No intelligence, no reading of OUR profile, no more than one line.

Then we get called all sorts for not answering them or for sending a succinct and appropriate message back.

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Messages from this morning..

"How's yous"

"Would love to fuck Mrs"

"Does she meet alone"

"Great tits, can i see more"

This is just this morning which is a usual thing. No intelligence, no reading of OUR profile, no more than one line.

Then we get called all sorts for not answering them or for sending a succinct and appropriate message back."

We don’t even get messages. Maybe one every few weeks.

By *he couple nextdoorCouple  over a year ago

grangemouth

"What we don’t want to see is ‘what are you in to?’ I mean what are you looking for in a response here?? Train spotting and Lego ?? We have spend a bit of time writing the profile and if you read it I think you’ll have a good idea.

What we want is an indication you have brains and can hold an interesting conversation. We don’t mind a bit of sexy chat but let’s build up to that. Tell us about you!! Why our profile interested you? Where your from etc.. "

We often ask that question

As we have people say they are straight

But then message and say bi,bi curious

Or maybe try

So what is it you would like from the meet

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"What we don’t want to see is ‘what are you in to?’ I mean what are you looking for in a response here?? Train spotting and Lego ?? We have spend a bit of time writing the profile and if you read it I think you’ll have a good idea.

What we want is an indication you have brains and can hold an interesting conversation. We don’t mind a bit of sexy chat but let’s build up to that. Tell us about you!! Why our profile interested you? Where your from etc..

We often ask that question

As we have people say they are straight

But then message and say bi,bi curious

Or maybe try

So what is it you would like from the meet

"

I get the odd message from bi couples. I gently explain it's not for me. Would never tell porkies just to get in the sheets with someone

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

"No reply "

Correct answer

Lotto numbers

By *hemainintainMan  over a year ago

govan

"It's probably been discussed here before but what do we all expect from a first message? I don’t expect a first message at all .

I’m all for equality in that il do my own search and message suitors too if I’m looking .

In a first message if one is sent then just a lighthearted intro is fine by me & we can take things from there "

In 14 years on Fab i have never had an unsolicited message from a female

By *cottish88888Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

I have been on fab on and off for a while and hardly get any messages ( probably not everyone's cup of tea ) but ideally a first being honest and formal ain't to much to ask.

By *aydumfriesMan  over a year ago

Dumfries

"No reply "

Hahahaha yeah 98% of the time....lol.

By *aydumfriesMan  over a year ago

Dumfries

"I have been on fab on and off for a while and hardly get any messages ( probably not everyone's cup of tea ) but ideally a first being honest and formal ain't to much to ask. "

"Man from unknown area"

No profile picture

And willing to meet women from 20 to 99....doesn't give the girls on here much faith in trusting you really? Try changing them and adding a bit more description about who you are and what you're looking for from someone?

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

What I've grown to EXPECT these days is a one liner from a zero effort profile that shows they haven't bothered to read my profile, sometimes with a cock pic attached, asking me to meet today

How does that normally work out?"

I get a lot of the latter, not much of the former.

By *nigmaschild300Man  over a year ago

dunfermline

I very rarely send a first message. Learned years ago that sending much more than a hi how's you gets about the same attention anyway. Not one for chasing folk either. Very few actually read my profile. I'll only message once if no reply or can see the person has been online and unread I just delete block and move on . Life's too short

» Add a new message to this topic