FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria Oct yes or no

Gran Canaria Oct yes or no

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asttwiceaslong OP   Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Just a wee survey who thinks yes or no we'll be able to travel for our holiday and much needed fun

YES OR No

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Would love to be able to say yes. But think no

As plane travel will be essential travel only. We'll all be back in work if you worked previously, will still have to observe a version of social distancing and no mass gatherings.

ie no big sporting events concerts or theatre events.

Ayrshire

Thanks for your reply am hoping your wrong but think it's 50/50 at the moment as it's still 6 months to go

Swansea

We are hoping to be able to go around the end of oct.

1 to see all our friends who live and work there

2 to get out of the uk for a break

3 ????

Ayrshire

3 must be to meet up with like minded people and enjoy sexual fun

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We'd like to go, but think it unlikely. Until we get a vaccine, this virus is going nowhere

By *LLY69Man  over a year ago

Gorey

I hope I'm wrong but no there maybe very limited flights primar6for Business travellers

By *LLY69Man  over a year ago

Gorey

Typo primarily

chelmsford

"I hope I'm wrong but no there maybe very limited flights primar6for Business travellers"

Yes most likely.

Swansea

As we said originally.but got to have something to look forward too.

Our main aim to not to miss out on life by travelling when advised not too. But would also love to see our friends/extended family for new years to make sure all ok

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

we are going to be optimistic and say YES just about.

By *igdodger13Man  over a year ago

sompting

I’m going to say Yes as booked 2-11 Oct

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have to say yes booked end of sept til 10th Oct

By *lirty05Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

We hope so too . As we booked last year to go on the 6th Oct. also hope the hotel doesn’t go under between now and then.

By *bzHotCplCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Really hope so but I suspect there’ll be a series of lockdowns over the next 12 months or so until we have a vaccine or heard immunity is reached. So it depends if October coincides with a lockdown period.

Going to be optimistic and say YES though

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Sorry to be blunt no very little chance

Untill vaccine arrives

We are longing to go but our feeling is nothing for along time

Hope we’re wrong but don’t think we will be

"Sorry to be blunt no very little chance

Untill vaccine arrives

"

Saying now no where near a vaccine so 2 year's mim so take your chances or stay on your own, think most will take a chance.

By *rallvalCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

We are already booked up for October and have been since about Christmas. However Ryanair has cancelled our return flight so we have accommodation on the flight out but no way of getting home.

We suspect that Ryanair is rethinking their entire winter schedule.

By *otcouple12020Couple  over a year ago

Nantwich

If you think you will travel outside the Uk till there is a vaccine you are deluded. I think before any travel overseas you will need a travel card to say you have been vaccinated. Hope I’m wrong.

Ayrshire

Some mixed replies to the yes " no answer Spain has opened some businesses so that's a positive sign ?

"If you think you will travel outside the Uk till there is a vaccine you are deluded. I think before any travel overseas you will need a travel card to say you have been vaccinated. Hope I’m wrong. "
What vaccine?

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Some mixed replies to the yes " no answer Spain has opened some businesses so that's a positive sign ? "

No sign or mention of any tourists being allowed in any time soon. We're resigned to the fact that our July holiday will be cancelled and we're just going to have to wait before deciding on booking for October.

We think No, unfortunately, as a second wave of coronavirus is predicted when the winter flu season arrives. Without a vaccine, it would be madness for any country to allow tourists to return. As GC is a small island, it can remain pretty much sterile, if it keeps the tourists away.

By *erekdebMan  over a year ago

meath

As I posted on another thread looks like 2022 before normal life returns and after a vaccine

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

We were thinking about booking PSI for early November but we're just going to wait before booking anything. It's just the unknown at the moment. Can't seeing us stepping on a plane for a year from now if honest.

People keep going on about a vaccine there won't be one, this virus in one strain or another has been around for years and no vaccine. So live with it because science isn't going to help us this time, if it could the world wouldn't have gone into lockdown think about it.

NO,

Anyone saying yes to going to PDI swinging in the next 6 months at least either has a death wish or is just desperate!

Not to mention irresponsible

Think people are confused with coronavirus and covid-19. Covid-19 is a strain of the coronavirus, as is the common cold and seasonal flu but it's a new, or novel virus, so none of us have immunity. There will be a vaccine but just as seasonal flu mutates and different strains prevail, so covid-19 is likely to do so and will become an addition to seasonal flu. Immunity will build, over time but there will never be 100% immunity. The unpredictability of how it affects different people, to different extents, is the aggravating factor, which sets covid-19 apart from other viruses......in my opinion

chelmsford

Untill vaccine arrives

Saying now no where near a vaccine so 2 year's mim so take your chances or stay on your own, think most will take a chance. "

Not if you're sensible you wont. This virus is killing hundreds a day, are you prepared to take that chance for a holiday?

Coronavirus itself is not a sexually transmitted disease. But as during sex there is very close contact between two individuals, the chance of someone contracting the virus from another infected person is almost 100%

While it would be relatively easy to spot someone at a club who is symptomatic, the problem is that many people may not know they have coronavirus for a while – and might feel ok enough to venture to a club but it can take five to six days before clinical signs start.

Untill vaccine arrives

Saying now no where near a vaccine so 2 year's mim so take your chances or stay on your own, think most will take a chance.

Not if you're sensible you wont. This virus is killing hundreds a day, are you prepared to take that chance for a holiday?"

At the beginning of March we had 10 reported deaths in the U.K. Now that figure has risen to around 15,000 if you include deaths outside of hospitals.

Yet some idiots are counting down the days to be allowed to travel to a PDI club...

chelmsford

Untill vaccine arrives

Not if you're sensible you wont. This virus is killing hundreds a day, are you prepared to take that chance for a holiday?

At the beginning of March we had 10 reported deaths in the U.K. Now that figure has risen to around 15,000 if you include deaths outside of hospitals.

Yet some idiots are counting down the days to be allowed to travel to a PDI club..."

I think we have to accept this as the new normal now, for the foreseeable future and just have sex with our partners..oh there's a novel idea

Ayrshire

Really don't think we're idiots at all we're responsible adults and of course we'll take advise from the government if we should be allowed to safely travel of course if it's not safe then we'll definitely not be going without question .... we can still enjoy our holiday with maybe no fun attached am sure we're all looking forward to getting some sun on our backs

"Really don't think we're idiots at all we're responsible adults and of course we'll take advise from the government if we should be allowed to safely travel of course if it's not safe then we'll definitely not be going without question .... we can still enjoy our holiday with maybe no fun attached am sure we're all looking forward to getting some sun on our backs "

Read previous posts on various threads in this forum and you will identify the people I am referring to as idiots. They are certainly not behaving responsibly. Also just because the government lifts travel restrictions it doesn’t mean it is safe to attend sex parties! Unless you are packing a Hazmat Suit in your luggage. However wearing it in the clubs will probably ruin the experience.

By *lay_N_cum2Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

We are booked for Christmas so can only hope

Ayrshire

If the government lifts it's restrictions and tells us it's safe to travel then why do you think it's not safe to travel are you a professor in science .... swinging is much more than just fucking anything that moves " swinging it an art maybe that's where your going wrong

"We are booked for Christmas so can only hope "

Wear one of these and you should be ok.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/man-protective-hazmat-suit-3d-model/934827

"If the government lifts it's restrictions and tells us it's safe to travel then why do you think it's not safe to travel are you a professor in science .... swinging is much more than just fucking anything that moves " swinging it an art maybe that's where your going wrong "

“swinging is an art”

You certainly are an artist

Ayrshire

Don't need one when naked on the beach .... you get one for your back garden in Newcastle

"Don't need one when naked on the beach .... you get one for your back garden in Newcastle "

Who mentioned the beach?

I don't know how with 1000 deaths in the UK each day and the effects of this virus that you can speak such rubbish!

You are either stupid or just ignorant

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"

"

Says the guy who has been arguing in just about every PDI thread

chelmsford

Surely we're not safe to travel until the virus is eradicated, or we are tested for immunity. It would be nice to know that was imminent, but realistically, it isnt. We are all desperate for our holidays, wherever that may be.

"Don't need one when naked on the beach .... you get one for your back garden in Newcastle

Who mentioned the beach?

I don't know how with 1000 deaths in the UK each day and the effects of this virus that you can speak such rubbish!

"

I bet you're class is always half empty.

"Surely we're not safe to travel until the virus is eradicated, or we are tested for immunity. It would be nice to know that was imminent, but realistically, it isnt. We are all desperate for our holidays, wherever that may be."

I agree. We just all need to be patient.

It’s like staying at home right now, we all need to do it as the government keeps telling us. This I the only way to slow it down.

I cannot understand why some people are disagreeing with what I have said. I guess they just don’t like to hear the truth.

At the end of the day it’s not just their health they are risking but more importantly other peoples.

Everyone is having to make massive sacrifices throughout all this pandemic, for example not seeing loved ones or struggling financially. So if they cannot sacrifice a bit of swinging for 12 months then they need to take a long look at themselves.

"Don't need one when naked on the beach .... you get one for your back garden in Newcastle

Who mentioned the beach?

I bet you're class is always half empty. "

I would love to be able to jump on the plane and fly straight out there now but things have changed...and when they will go back to how they were or if they will is anyone’s guess.

By class I assume you mean glass. To answer that I am just being realistic and sensible. Which in these situations you need to be otherwise we will have a second wave of the pandemic.

Ayrshire

Nobody is saying we all jump on a plane right now " we're all living in hope by October things will be good to travel and like I've said in previous messages if the government says all is good to travel with no risks then I'll be on that plane and of course if there's any doubt about my health then of course there's absolutely know why I'll be travelling

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 16/04/20 11:05:06]

Ayrshire

No way not no why lol

"Nobody is saying we all jump on a plane right now " we're all living in hope by October things will be good to travel and like I've said in previous messages if the government says all is good to travel with no risks then I'll be on that plane and of course if there's any doubt about my health then of course there's absolutely know why I'll be travelling "

They will eventually lift travel restrictions but they certainly will not say that there is no risk.

Also when travel is allowed the government and local authorities are not assuming you will be heading straight to a sex club. ...! Common sense needs to be adhered to.

Everyone will have to make their own judgements, hopefully they will use their head and not their cock to decide.

Swansea

Just read through the posts in this forum.

Can i just add that not everyone on here goes to gran canaria looking to attend the clubs and have sex. Some have vanilla friends and extended family who we'd like to see. The swinging side for us is not an essential part of the visit.

I also believe it will be a long time before anyone can travel for holidays. Our original response was a way of having something to look forward too beyond all the doom and gloom that is about at present.

chelmsford

"Surely we're not safe to travel until the virus is eradicated, or we are tested for immunity. It would be nice to know that was imminent, but realistically, it isnt. We are all desperate for our holidays, wherever that may be.

It’s like staying at home right now, we all need to do it as the government keeps telling us. This I the only way to slow it down.

I cannot understand why some people are disagreeing with what I have said. I guess they just don’t like to hear the truth.

At the end of the day it’s not just their health they are risking but more importantly other peoples.

Everyone is having to make massive sacrifices throughout all this pandemic, for example not seeing loved ones or struggling financially. So if they cannot sacrifice a bit of swinging for 12 months then they need to take a long look at themselves."

This is the new normal for the time being and will be for some time. We're all affected in different ways, for us, it is not seeing our 8 grandchildren. My 90 year old Dad is on his own and I'm missing him, so much.So for me personally, holidays are on the bottom of my list.

We've booked for October. Hooing we can make it but we will see I guess.....

"Surely we're not safe to travel until the virus is eradicated, or we are tested for immunity. It would be nice to know that was imminent, but realistically, it isnt. We are all desperate for our holidays, wherever that may be.

Everyone is having to make massive sacrifices throughout all this pandemic, for example not seeing loved ones or struggling financially. So if they cannot sacrifice a bit of swinging for 12 months then they need to take a long look at themselves.

This is the new normal for the time being and will be for some time. We're all affected in different ways, for us, it is not seeing our 8 grandchildren. My 90 year old Dad is on his own and I'm missing him, so much.So for me personally, holidays are on the bottom of my list."

This is exactly what I mean.. I went to PDI at the end of November and since then the world has become a different place. After all this I am not sure I would even want to sit arm to arm with a stranger on an aeroplane again let alone go back into the clubs full of people of all nationalities.

It’s nice to dream of going back but like you say it’s the least of my priorities right now.

[Removed by poster at 16/04/20 16:24:01]

chelmsford

Yes it is nice to dream about a holiday anywhere, at the moment. Never mind, we'll all appreciate it when we do finally get away somewhere

By *aughty 40sCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Its a yes at the moment for October for us, bieng realistic about this a lot can change in 6 months,lets hope for the better

For those of you who STILL don't understand what we're going through... watch Ross Kemp on the front line ITV....might make you realise, not that anyone should need reminding ??

I'm sorry but I think it's a no, it's going to take a long time to get everything up and running again. It's sad as we like to visit in September x

"Really hope so but I suspect there’ll be a series of lockdowns over the next 12 months or so until we have a vaccine or heard immunity is reached. So it depends if October coincides with a lockdown period.

"

I doubt the Spanish economy could afford to not have tourism for the next 6 months

"Really hope so but I suspect there’ll be a series of lockdowns over the next 12 months or so until we have a vaccine or heard immunity is reached. So it depends if October coincides with a lockdown period.

I doubt the Spanish economy could afford to not have tourism for the next 6 months"

Of course they will if necessary....it’s life or death

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

No one knows what will be by october . We will see how all will be .. dont realy care about it at the moment.

I doubt the Spanish economy could afford to not have tourism for the next 6 months"

Seriously?? Have you actually thought about what you're saying?

I doubt the Spanish economy could afford to not have tourism for the next 6 months

Of course they will if necessary....it’s life or death"

Spain have already mentioned that tourist may have to adopt social distance measures on the beach and in restaurants when the open up again. They have only started to lift lockdown on Monday So to think that tourist will not be permitted to visit in October is off the mark

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Heart says yes, head says no.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I think yesit will be possible to travel but I have my doubts that any clubs will be able to open.

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Worst part is we probably won't know until a few weeks beforehand.

All the measures in place might work short term and by August we think the worst is behind us. Then it could come back with a vengeance in Sep

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"For those of you who STILL don't understand what we're going through... watch Ross Kemp on the front line ITV....might make you realise, not that anyone should need reminding ??

"

You were making sense until you cited Ross Kemp

By *inkKinkMan  over a year ago

Southampton

to call people 'deluded' is wrong, they have an opinion as do you. Unless you know something everyone doesn't, why is it not possible? Who told you about the travel card? Maybe it is you that is deluded (doh! did it myself)

Canarian Government have stated, in interviews, that just because they have contained things well, once travel resumes they plan strict controls, on who enters the Islands......most likely including the introduction of travel cards, showing immunity. Read the local papers, it is mentioned there

"For those of you who STILL don't understand what we're going through... watch Ross Kemp on the front line ITV....might make you realise, not that anyone should need reminding ??

You were making sense until you cited Ross Kemp "

Yes that hard hitting investigate reporter Ross Kemp

You were making sense until you cited Ross Kemp

Yes that hard hitting investigate reporter Ross Kemp "

I am not a big Ross Kemp fan however it doesn’t matter who was reporting, the facts are there.

Anyway it’s probably all above your head....plus I would like to see you say that to Ross Kemp face to face instead of hiding behind your keyboard which just about says it all about you.

"Think people are confused with coronavirus and covid-19. Covid-19 is a strain of the coronavirus, as is the common cold and seasonal flu but it's a new, or novel virus, so none of us have immunity. There will be a vaccine but just as seasonal flu mutates and different strains prevail, so covid-19 is likely to do so and will become an addition to seasonal flu. Immunity will build, over time but there will never be 100% immunity. The unpredictability of how it affects different people, to different extents, is the aggravating factor, which sets covid-19 apart from other viruses......in my opinion"

Its amazing how in the space of a few weeks how many people have become micro biologists and infectious disease scientists.

"Think people are confused with coronavirus and covid-19. Covid-19 is a strain of the coronavirus, as is the common cold and seasonal flu but it's a new, or novel virus, so none of us have immunity. There will be a vaccine but just as seasonal flu mutates and different strains prevail, so covid-19 is likely to do so and will become an addition to seasonal flu. Immunity will build, over time but there will never be 100% immunity. The unpredictability of how it affects different people, to different extents, is the aggravating factor, which sets covid-19 apart from other viruses......in my opinion

Its amazing how in the space of a few weeks how many people have become micro biologists and infectious disease scientists. "

No...but it's amazing how some people fail to actually research and just blab opinion without any foundation.....an opinion, based on well read research, is not an expert opinion but is a valid opinion.....anything else is just mouthing off, from the safety of your phone/keyboard and usually from a hidden(but well verified...of course) profile. Not meaning to sterotype but usually also from a single male profile .....just saying like

#where'sthebasisohrightthereisnone

Of course they will if necessary....it’s life or death

Spain have already mentioned that tourist may have to adopt social distance measures on the beach and in restaurants when the open up again. They have only started to lift lockdown on Monday So to think that tourist will not be permitted to visit in October is off the mark "

Lockdown is still in place for another 3 weeks according to my friends on the island. They are hoping then they will be able to go out and take exercise. It sounds like businesses will start opening on a gradual basis with bars and restaurants being last but they are unsure. They are just frustrated they can't exercise daily like we can.

By *otcouple12020Couple  over a year ago

Nantwich

"to call people 'deluded' is wrong, they have an opinion as do you. Unless you know something everyone doesn't, why is it not possible? Who told you about the travel card? Maybe it is you that is deluded (doh! did it myself)"

I do apologise for calling people deluded. But if you think countries will allow travel without a Covid-19 Health clearance travel card. Then you are deluded.

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"Think people are confused with coronavirus and covid-19. Covid-19 is a strain of the coronavirus, as is the common cold and seasonal flu but it's a new, or novel virus, so none of us have immunity. There will be a vaccine but just as seasonal flu mutates and different strains prevail, so covid-19 is likely to do so and will become an addition to seasonal flu. Immunity will build, over time but there will never be 100% immunity. The unpredictability of how it affects different people, to different extents, is the aggravating factor, which sets covid-19 apart from other viruses......in my opinion

Its amazing how in the space of a few weeks how many people have become micro biologists and infectious disease scientists.

No...but it's amazing how some people fail to actually research and just blab opinion without any foundation.....an opinion, based on well read research, is not an expert opinion but is a valid opinion.....anything else is just mouthing off, from the safety of your phone/keyboard and usually from a hidden(but well verified...of course) profile. Not meaning to sterotype but usually also from a single male profile .....just saying like

#where'sthebasisohrightthereisnone"

I see the childish game of "i know more than you" and "i'm right so you are wrong" is rearing its head again.

Perhaps we need to get our own house in order before we start assuming about the situation elsewhere. How things develop within our own shores is where the real threat to any future holidays lays at the present time, and ultimately will dictate if and when we can travel anywhere.

And remember......another's opinion is just that, an opinion, and by definition cannot be wrong. So let's allow others to express their personal opinion without trying to belittle them.

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story." Max Ehrmann 1927

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Just a wee survey who thinks yes or no we'll be able to travel for our holiday and much needed fun

YES OR No "

We're thinking Dec would be possible and have transfer booked for then but still undecided if it will happen.

By *osexyCouple  over a year ago

ST AUSTELL

If lived on the island of GC the last people I would want there is plane loads of overseas swingers . Perhaps the island will clean up its act and close all the clubs for good and re market itself .

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"If lived on the island of GC the last people I would want there is plane loads of overseas swingers . Perhaps the island will clean up its act and close all the clubs for good and re market itself . "

Would you also like them to close down the gay bars in Yumbo too?Tourism is one of their biggest industries, numerous islanders depend on it for their livelihoods, I do think they might object!

By *orkizCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We're hoping for October not booked yet will wait and see what it's like nearer the time booked for benalmadena in December before all this and that could be touch and go

Costa Blanca Spain...

"If lived on the island of GC the last people I would want there is plane loads of overseas swingers . Perhaps the island will clean up its act and close all the clubs for good and re market itself . "

I suppose anything is possible in the current climate, but I doubt it.

I used to visit PDI a lot in the early/mid 90's long before the swinger scene really took off there.

In those days the place was very busy and had a good fresh feel about it. The Irish quarter (around the Greenfield) the Kasbah and Metro centres were all packed at night.

When we visited again a few years ago (this time on a swinger holiday) I noticed a huge difference.

While the swinger scene and the gay bars were busy, the rest of the place was eerily quiet and to be honest I thought looked more than a little run down.

While we would certainly go back one day for a swinger holiday, it would be way down the list for a vanilla beach holiday.

It will take quite some time for any kind of tourism to get going again so shutting down the swinger and gay scene permanently would be a very big mistake.

"If lived on the island of GC the last people I would want there is plane loads of overseas swingers . Perhaps the island will clean up its act and close all the clubs for good and re market itself .

I used to visit PDI a lot in the early/mid 90's long before the swinger scene really took off there.

In those days the place was very busy and had a good fresh feel about it. The Irish quarter (around the Greenfield) the Kasbah and Metro centres were all packed at night.

When we visited again a few years ago (this time on a swinger holiday) I noticed a huge difference.

While the swinger scene and the gay bars were busy, the rest of the place was eerily quiet and to be honest I thought looked more than a little run down.

While we would certainly go back one day for a swinger holiday, it would be way down the list for a vanilla beach holiday.

It will take quite some time for any kind of tourism to get going again so shutting down the swinger and gay scene permanently would be a very big mistake. "

Good post. I agree PDI is run down.

However maybe a switch from the swinger tourist to the vanilla holiday makers, ie families, young ones and the anyone inbetween would be a better move. As this demographic will bring in more money. Not only is it a wider group but they will also spend more money especially during the day...while the typical swinger sleeps it off or sunbathes by the pool or beach. At night time once in a club they are doing activities more than spending money.

To attract more tourism obviously money needs to be spent. It’s got to be worth it to them though long term as the island is a prime holiday location with year round sunshine and easily accessible for most of Europe.

"If lived on the island of GC the last people I would want there is plane loads of overseas swingers . Perhaps the island will clean up its act and close all the clubs for good and re market itself .

It will take quite some time for any kind of tourism to get going again so shutting down the swinger and gay scene permanently would be a very big mistake. "

I agree I wouldn’t go for a vanilla holiday as it is run down resort.

chelmsford

We have always said we wouldn't go to PDI for a vanilla holiday. It is a little run down now, but we always enjoyed the club nightlife. That obviously will change, until all this is sorted, the question is when, unfortunately...

"We have always said we wouldn't go to PDI for a vanilla holiday. It is a little run down now, but we always enjoyed the club nightlife. That obviously will change, until all this is sorted, the question is when, unfortunately..."

It’s a shame if it is lost forever.

It does have a certain charm for a non vanilla holiday. Each time you go nothing much changes, just a little more run down than the last time you went.

For a swinging holiday it doesn’t bother me as long as the hotel is good and the rest is down to the people.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Once lockdown lifted Spain is going to enforce 6ft social distancing on beaches, hotels etc until vaccine or immunity which they say could be 18 months, can't see how the clubs and this lifestyle would flourish out there to be honest

"We have always said we wouldn't go to PDI for a vanilla holiday. It is a little run down now, but we always enjoyed the club nightlife. That obviously will change, until all this is sorted, the question is when, unfortunately..."

chelmsford

"We have always said we wouldn't go to PDI for a vanilla holiday. It is a little run down now, but we always enjoyed the club nightlife. That obviously will change, until all this is sorted, the question is when, unfortunately...

It’s a shame if it is lost forever.

It does have a certain charm for a non vanilla holiday. Each time you go nothing much changes, just a little more run down than the last time you went.

For a swinging holiday it doesn’t bother me as long as the hotel is good and the rest is down to the people."

It is a shame. Lots of businesses will be affected all over the world, in some way.

chelmsford

"Once lockdown lifted Spain is going to enforce 6ft social distancing on beaches, hotels etc until vaccine or immunity which they say could be 18 months, can't see how the clubs and this lifestyle would flourish out there to be honest "

The distancing will be challenging for some too...

Chester

"Once lockdown lifted Spain is going to enforce 6ft social distancing on beaches, hotels etc until vaccine or immunity which they say could be 18 months, can't see how the clubs and this lifestyle would flourish out there to be honest

The distancing will be challenging for some too..."

Can't see how they are going to allow the clubs out there to open

chelmsford

"Once lockdown lifted Spain is going to enforce 6ft social distancing on beaches, hotels etc until vaccine or immunity which they say could be 18 months, can't see how the clubs and this lifestyle would flourish out there to be honest

The distancing will be challenging for some too...

Can't see how they are going to allow the clubs out there to open "

They won't be able to , with the distancing, also other little bars.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

Even if it’s possible to go in October, I don’t think we’d be visiting any clubs, and that’s if the clubs still exist anyway.

Pdi will not magically return to how we know it.

I suspect it will just be another beach holiday destination for quite a while.

By nature, swingers clubs involve people having close contact , if Spanish government keeps rules of social distancing after their isolation is lifted, I can’t see how any of the swinging venues can possibly survive

Costa Blanca Spain...

Just copied this from an article I've just been reading.

"If the pandemic gets under control, Spain anticipates a total resumption of work activity in two phases, as Labour Minister Yolanda Díaz confirmed.

She said one will cover the productive sectors until the summer, while the other, will last until the end of the year and which would affect tourism, culture or leisure".

That sounds pretty grim for the whole of this year.

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

not that it really means anything but all the bars on the Costa Del Sol are having there pipes cleaned over the next 3 weeks.

going to say yes with our fingers crossed, flights and hotel booked ages ago

def need a break at this stage

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

PDI run down? We must go to a different PDI! We would go there for a vanilla holiday, if fact last year we didn't go to any clubs. Booked for next March (with fingers crossed!). We'll have maybe one club night and have great nights at Sparkles and Shenanigans Irish bar.

By *ansomstrangerMan  over a year ago

hull

OMG ! There are some doom merchants posting on here.

We all know about as much as the World govt are telling us !!

Spain / Canary isle rely heavily on tourist industry. No tourist no economy , hotels & everything would shut down.

Mass unemployment no money to buy food to put on their plates. That’s the flip reverse argument.

Currently 800 deaths per day out of 66 million population !!

Over 90% are people with “known” underlying condition.

The approx 10% had No “Known” underlying condition.

People drop dead every day of the week with no known underlying condition !!

Back on subject ! I’m hoping to book for October

Priority is to enjoy winter sun not the sex !

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Canarian Govt saying open for local tourest only at first, and will think about non local holiday makers at a later date,if its safe to do so.

Gwent

[Removed by poster at 18/04/20 18:11:53]

"OMG ! There are some doom merchants posting on here.

Spain / Canary isle rely heavily on tourist industry. No tourist no economy , hotels & everything would shut down.

Mass unemployment no money to buy food to put on their plates. That’s the flip reverse argument.

Priority is to enjoy winter sun not the sex !"

The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect

Priority is to enjoy winter sun not the sex !"

This guy really knows what he is talking about...

The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect "

Exactly...this guy who recons if Spain has no tourist then it has no economy has probably only ever been to Benidorm and the Costa del Sol.

It’s half wits like him that will bring on a second wave of this virus

hull

The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect

Exactly...this guy who recons if Spain has no tourist then it has no economy has probably only ever been to Benidorm and the Costa del Sol.

It’s half wits like him that will bring on a second wave of this virus "

Resorting to insults means you lost the argument. Take tourism away from Canary Islands what income will the locals live on.

Put perspective on this. Corona has cost lives

But normality will return.

Your outlook appears to be saying stay in indefinite isolation.

What is the point of you staying on Fab ..

chelmsford

Resorting to insults means you lost the argument. Take tourism away from Canary Islands what income will the locals live on.

What is the point of you staying on Fab .."

Corona will cost lives in the Canaries too, if they open up too soon..

What is the point of you staying on Fab .."

You obviously have never travelled outside of the resorts in the Canaries.....and the point of an unverified, single straight male, who wants to meet MM couples and Tv/Ts, staying on Fab, is what exactly? Another weekend keyboard warrior....

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

What is the point of you staying on Fab ..

You obviously have never travelled outside of the resorts in the Canaries.....and the point of an unverified, single straight male, who wants to meet MM couples and Tv/Ts, staying on Fab, is what exactly? Another weekend keyboard warrior.... "

The only travels being made is by the virus and won't be many verified by it

hull

190 veris and your preaching isolationism

You guys sound very sensible.

If you read my original post it was a joke to counter the ott hysteria of you and you hidden profile fella from Newcastle.

Seriously you frustrated keyboard warriors should just calm yourselves down.

Anyone can throw insults .

Grow up !

"190 veris and your preaching isolationism

If you read my original post it was a joke to counter the ott hysteria of you and you hidden profile fella from Newcastle.

Grow up ! "

Are you a meerkat or a member of the wanking dead?

hull

Had a holiday booked for next month so looking at re booking later this year.

That’s the reason I came on here looking for background info.

Not to engage with school children.

Ps

Check the forum rules its to discuss holiday info

So if you don’t have any constructive holiday info then please don’t bother posting.

Thank you

chelmsford

"190 veris and your preaching isolationism

Grow up ! "

Who has 190 verifications?

By *ay68Man  over a year ago

London

In answer to the original question posed 6 weeks ago; Yes, we probably will be able to travel to GC in October, but No, I wouldn't want to.

As seasoned travellers to GC we have built up a pretty wide network of friends who are residents over there.

Feedback from all of them is that their lockdown is very restrictive and shows no signs of being loosened. 

Here is one depressing quote yesterday from a Gran Canarian couple who love the clubs and who many of you will have met; 

"Here in GC is worse than anywhere else, complete lockdown, only allowed to leave the house for supermarket or doctor, nothing else."

They recommend that we in the UK keep ourselves informed by looking at local GC media such as the Tiempo de Canarias website - which has an English language option.

https://tiempodecanarias.com/

Headline a couple of days ago read:

"The Government is looking at not opening bars and restaurants until Christmas"

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect "

As this thread is about Gran Canaria and the effect of the loss of tourism due to COVID-19 shouldn't you have quoted the contribution that tourism adds to the GDP for the Canaries rather than Spain as a whole?

Don't worry....i've done it for you.

Not surprisingly tourism was responsible for 84.9% of the GDP for the region in 2018. With a year on year growth of 2.8% the projected figure for 2020 is 85.46%.

So....i would say they DO rely on it very heavily, don't you agree?

You've no need to thank me, you can just buy me a pint in Imagine Bar........Coors Light, same as you

Ayrshire

My thread was supposed to be just a wee yes or no on people's opinion about being able to travel in October with just a wee comment attached ... it seems a lot of people are taking it a bit to far now with there over opinions

By *ebbie tvTV/TS  over a year ago

westmeath

No to original question. Spanish minister for labour said yday. No tourism before Christmas Marca dot com has details

"The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect

As this thread is about Gran Canaria and the effect of the loss of tourism due to COVID-19 shouldn't you have quoted the contribution that tourism adds to the GDP for the Canaries rather than Spain as a whole?

Not surprisingly tourism was responsible for 84.9% of the GDP for the region in 2018. With a year on year growth of 2.8% the projected figure for 2020 is 85.46%.

You've no need to thank me, you can just buy me a pint in Imagine Bar........Coors Light, same as you "

If Gran Canaria was a stand alone economy, that would be a relevant fact but it isn't, so sorry, no pint

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The value of tourism to Spains GDP is only around 12%(hard to be exact, as the last published figures are 2017), not that much more than tourism contributes to UK GDP. So they don't exactly rely on it.....and also a certain percentage of that is domestic generated. The smaller economies, the likes of the Caribbean Islands, depend on it much more, in that respect

You've no need to thank me, you can just buy me a pint in Imagine Bar........Coors Light, same as you

If Gran Canaria was a stand alone economy, that would be a relevant fact but it isn't, so sorry, no pint"

Although nothing to do with the Canary's specifically, but while we are on the subject of beer.

The Germans have just cancelled Oktoberfest. and that is many months away.

I suppose it could be slightly relevant to the islands if only as an indication of how Europe is thinking in general.

By *anbrCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Speaking to a friend in GC last night. She says the talk generally is no bars or restaurants before Xmas.

chelmsford

"Speaking to a friend in GC last night. She says the talk generally is no bars or restaurants before Xmas. "

Oh dear, not good

Aiming for 10th Sep. Malaga, as you say we have to have something to aim for.

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

"Speaking to a friend in GC last night. She says the talk generally is no bars or restaurants before Xmas. "

We are in lockdown now till May 9th. After that they will slowly start to go back to normal....but the news (not official) is that bars and restaurants will be open at the last on the list, hopefully in September or October xx

By *very Little SwingMan  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

Well my holiday to PDI in May has obviously been cancelled and I would LOVE to go out there in October or November, but sadly I don’t think it will happen this year. I hope I’m wrong. Really hoping the bars and clubs will survive too. Such an awesome place with great people. Keeping the faith that we will all be able to return there before too long x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Hopefully towards the end of the year you should be okay. Hope so . I've got stuff booked for December. X

Belfast

My friend from gc said to me the same . And send vidio of Maspalomas and pdi beach today .. only 2 policeman on the vidio patrolling the maspalomas beach . It so sad .. hope all the bars hotels clubs can survive in that situation. Wish them all good luck xx

The President of the Canary Islands has highlighted the exceptional and difficult position that the Canary Islands are in due to Coronavirus. They are the least affected area of Spain in terms of case numbers but the most economically damaged.

He expects Canarian government revenues in 2020 to drop by at least 25% (a 600 million euro shortfall).

He also said that from an economic perspective the islands' hotels cannot stay closed for the whole of 2020.

The Canarian authorities plan to allow hotels to open as soon as is prudent. He warned that June is likely to be too soon but that hotels could open in July and August for inter-island and national tourism. He also stated that international tourists could start to return from October.

This time frame depends on other European countries opening up their borders and airspace, and on the return of international flights.

This is the latest news (in the last 10 mins)

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 21/04/20 13:04:08]

chelmsford

"The President of the Canary Islands has highlighted the exceptional and difficult position that the Canary Islands are in due to Coronavirus. They are the least affected area of Spain in terms of case numbers but the most economically damaged.

He expects Canarian government revenues in 2020 to drop by at least 25% (a 600 million euro shortfall).

He also said that from an economic perspective the islands' hotels cannot stay closed for the whole of 2020.

The Canarian authorities plan to allow hotels to open as soon as is prudent. He warned that June is likely to be too soon but that hotels could open in July and August for inter-island and national tourism. He also stated that international tourists could start to return from October.

This time frame depends on other European countries opening up their borders and airspace, and on the return of international flights.

This is the latest news (in the last 10 mins) "

Chester

"The President of the Canary Islands has highlighted the exceptional and difficult position that the Canary Islands are in due to Coronavirus. They are the least affected area of Spain in terms of case numbers but the most economically damaged.

This is the latest news (in the last 10 mins)

"

Sounds much more promising

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

As it stands, nobody knows what will happen and when.

The fact Germany have already cancelled octoberfest says a lot.

They are way ahead of other countries in the way they have been controlling things yet feel the need to take steps that are 6 months away.

It is a near certainty that a 2nd wave will follow when lockdowns are reduced so there is a likelyhood that 2020 will be a write-off for holidays to GC

Especially tourists going from the UK.

Our Government is a laughing stock in Europe in the way this has been dealt with so why on earth would GC want to let us in untill our house is in order?

Here is hopeing we can go in Oct

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

The after reopening I hope many of our colleagues with bars and restaurants will survive this as there is no or little help from the government!

The help we get is not enough to pay the bills from closing from March 14 till the end of this year.

Many of us don't have the financial resources and mentally it's very unsure for all self employed....

Hard times are coming....

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Especially tourists going from the UK.

Our Government is a laughing stock in Europe in the way this has been dealt with so why on earth would GC want to let us in untill our house is in order?"

We've the same death rate as Italy and Spain had two weeks ago and it's stabilising, what are we doing wrong ?

Belfast

Just was thinking here .. if gc holidays October gona happiend .. it not gona be the same like before .. 1st flights (no social distance) ..hotel transfers? Stay in hotel and pool ? Go to beach ..restaurants..bars ? Will you be ok to go there ? I have holiday booked for October but realy cant see myself going there

Is anyone thinks the same or just me x

"Just was thinking here .. if gc holidays October gona happiend .. it not gona be the same like before .. 1st flights (no social distance) ..hotel transfers? Stay in hotel and pool ? Go to beach ..restaurants..bars ? Will you be ok to go there ? I have holiday booked for October but realy cant see myself going there

Is anyone thinks the same or just me x"

We don't think it's even worth looking at October RB, no vaccine means almost certainly a second wave will hit, when lockdown is relaxed....they will actually only relax lockdown to ease fatigue and also(surprisingly)to increase the level of infection, as that will(hopefully) increase numbers with some degree of immunity. They are attempting to control spread, it won't go away until there is a vaccine, or numbers that have been infected and developed immunity reach around 90%, ie herd immunity, which will effectively halt the spread. No matter how dependent places are on tourism, to relax restrictions and then face a second lockdown, once infection/death rates start to rise again, is more costly in the long run. No vaccine, no complete end to restrictions....simple as that.

In some other forums, idiots are saying that GC should go against the Spanish mainland and open up immediately to tourists.....one idiot argued that there was nothing stopping people getting flights from UK to GC now and that it was only Foreign and Commonwealth Office 'advice' against travel... anyone here still got a flight that's going to GC? and with no likelihood of travel insurance covering anything covid-19 related, it's pretty much book at your own risk.

Horrible times but until they sort out the airports /planes /hotels /restaurants etc holidays aren't going to resume. If you were on the first flight to return to GC, would you expect it to be like the GC of old??

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Who mentioned the beach?

I bet you're class is always half empty. "

merseyside

I work abroad, just managed to get home this time.

Hopefully, they may start releasing flights to places that tend to take more business passengers, see if we create any flare ups and take it from there.

Don't envy the person making these decisions, its great fun to comment in a 'pub talk' fashion on various sites but making the decision to start flights will need you wearing your big boys pants.

I am looking forward to getting back into work, the novelty of WFH wearing thin.

wigan

Trying to be optimistic, booked flights yesterday

chelmsford

"Trying to be optimistic, booked flights yesterday "

By *inaMarkCouple  over a year ago

cyprus

"Trying to be optimistic, booked flights yesterday "

We recently booked return, if they release cheep flights out we'll book, like you guys, have to be positive

Id like to get over there . Not been but keen on trying the dunes. But bet therell be a big rush from all over Europe when the travel ban ends4

Id like to get over there . Not been but keen on trying the dunes. But bet therell be a big rush from all over Europe when the travel ban ends

Gwent

Reading all this thread,understand ppl wanting to go to GC as we do and booked for Oct, but in reality how can any one social distance in the life we play, bars resteraunts beaches all places of close gatherings, as much is we want to go, it dont sound safe, we r all in lockdown for a reason, not to just jump on a plane and go, if the planes r allowed to fly, with no vaccine no huggin greeting touching kissing just to say hello to old friends, seems right to not go to keep u and your friends safe, a yr is not long to wait if u rebook just hope GC bars and clubs can survive this as many in in uk might not, stay safe keep well xxx

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Reading all this thread,understand ppl wanting to go to GC as we do and booked for Oct, but in reality how can any one social distance in the life we play, bars resteraunts beaches all places of close gatherings, as much is we want to go, it dont sound safe, we r all in lockdown for a reason, not to just jump on a plane and go, if the planes r allowed to fly, with no vaccine no huggin greeting touching kissing just to say hello to old friends, seems right to not go to keep u and your friends safe, a yr is not long to wait if u rebook just hope GC bars and clubs can survive this as many in in uk might not, stay safe keep well xxx"

Extremely easy to social distance round pool / on beach / in bars and restaurants with outside terraces. We’re booked for October and not sure if we’ll go but social distancing won’t be a deciding factor. More than happy to soak up the atmosphere without any play

chelmsford

"Reading all this thread,understand ppl wanting to go to GC as we do and booked for Oct, but in reality how can any one social distance in the life we play, bars resteraunts beaches all places of close gatherings, as much is we want to go, it dont sound safe, we r all in lockdown for a reason, not to just jump on a plane and go, if the planes r allowed to fly, with no vaccine no huggin greeting touching kissing just to say hello to old friends, seems right to not go to keep u and your friends safe, a yr is not long to wait if u rebook just hope GC bars and clubs can survive this as many in in uk might not, stay safe keep well xxx"

So they are looking to open up for international tourists from October. There will obviously still be some social distancing and could work for outside areas. I would just find it a little stifling and we have to be confident that we're not going to airports, on planes etc and may pick up the virus, not sure how that would work. At least for GC themselves, it looks like they will soon be out and about and hopefully no one travels there, carrying the virus, as well as their luggage

"Reading all this thread,understand ppl wanting to go to GC as we do and booked for Oct, but in reality how can any one social distance in the life we play, bars resteraunts beaches all places of close gatherings, as much is we want to go, it dont sound safe, we r all in lockdown for a reason, not to just jump on a plane and go, if the planes r allowed to fly, with no vaccine no huggin greeting touching kissing just to say hello to old friends, seems right to not go to keep u and your friends safe, a yr is not long to wait if u rebook just hope GC bars and clubs can survive this as many in in uk might not, stay safe keep well xxx

Extremely easy to social distance round pool / on beach / in bars and restaurants with outside terraces. We’re booked for October and not sure if we’ll go but social distancing won’t be a deciding factor. More than happy to soak up the atmosphere without any play "

The huge issue is and will be the airports/planes/transfers. I doubt, without a vaccine/immunity certificates, that the clubs will be allowed to reopen....and if they did, would you really want to go there? We had the issue, last October, with the beggar that was spitting at people....imagine that happening, in the current climate?

I expect our first holiday back to entirely be a vanilla one, with purely social interaction, at least that's what I'm thinking for now.....stay safe!

Belfast

Just a thoughts .. ok face mask all the way in the airport and flight .. dont touch your face .. dont drink dont eat ...

Transfer .. get taxi..

Hotel disinfect all in the room and your baggage.

Better stay in the bungalow

Beach ..mask agene ? Disinfect your sun bed ? Restaurant bars ?? People with a drinks will not keep distance..

Swingers clubs deffently no for me if i am going to go in October..

Might just change October holiday to the next year .. it is just my own opinion on gc holiday in October.. like i said before i cant see myself going there to enjoe it x

chelmsford

"Just a thoughts .. ok face mask all the way in the airport and flight .. dont touch your face .. dont drink dont eat ...

Transfer .. get taxi..

Beach ..mask agene ? Disinfect your sun bed ? Restaurant bars ?? People with a drinks will not keep distance..

Might just change October holiday to the next year .. it is just my own opinion on gc holiday in October.. like i said before i cant see myself going there to enjoe it x"

I agree RB, it would be too restrictive for us

Belfast

"Just a thoughts .. ok face mask all the way in the airport and flight .. dont touch your face .. dont drink dont eat ...

Transfer .. get taxi..

Might just change October holiday to the next year .. it is just my own opinion on gc holiday in October.. like i said before i cant see myself going there to enjoe it x

I agree RB, it would be too restrictive for us "

Think positive go on holiday .. it is fine .!!. but be realistic as well .. x

chelmsford

Transfer .. get taxi..

I agree RB, it would be too restrictive for us

Think positive go on holiday .. it is fine .!!. but be realistic as well .. x"

We will, but next year. Don't want to be in lockdown in a hotel in GC if the virus rears its ugly head

the wetlands

"Reading all this thread,understand ppl wanting to go to GC as we do and booked for Oct, but in reality how can any one social distance in the life we play, bars resteraunts beaches all places of close gatherings, as much is we want to go, it dont sound safe, we r all in lockdown for a reason, not to just jump on a plane and go, if the planes r allowed to fly, with no vaccine no huggin greeting touching kissing just to say hello to old friends, seems right to not go to keep u and your friends safe, a yr is not long to wait if u rebook just hope GC bars and clubs can survive this as many in in uk might not, stay safe keep well xxx

Extremely easy to social distance round pool / on beach / in bars and restaurants with outside terraces. We’re booked for October and not sure if we’ll go but social distancing won’t be a deciding factor. More than happy to soak up the atmosphere without any play

The huge issue is and will be the airports/planes/transfers. I doubt, without a vaccine/immunity certificates, that the clubs will be allowed to reopen....and if they did, would you really want to go there? We had the issue, last October, with the beggar that was spitting at people....imagine that happening, in the current climate?

I expect our first holiday back to entirely be a vanilla one, with purely social interaction, at least that's what I'm thinking for now.....stay safe!"

I guess the beggar didn't like you, we had a great time Nov 19 and Feb20 and didn't get spat on once.

Booked for end of November beginning of December and if they let us in we'll be there enjoying ourselves a bit more careful than before but still enjoying ourselves.

I expect our first holiday back to entirely be a vanilla one, with purely social interaction, at least that's what I'm thinking for now.....stay safe!

I guess the beggar didn't like you, we had a great time Nov 19 and Feb20 and didn't get spat on once.

Booked for end of November beginning of December and if they let us in we'll be there enjoying ourselves a bit more careful than before but still enjoying ourselves."

He didn't like a good few people, the restaurant owners and management of the complex knew about him and Police presence was high in the area after a few similar reports. Having been 2/3 times a year, for the last 7/8 years, we know the place well enough and were just commenting in the context of covid-19. Thanks

Belfast

Booked for end of November beginning of December and if they let us in we'll be there enjoying ourselves a bit more careful than before but still enjoying ourselves."

A bit more careful ... ok what realy you mean ..just intresting for me ? Lol

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I was thinking of an October getaway in PDI too. Need some sun and naked freedom!

the wetlands

Booked for end of November beginning of December and if they let us in we'll be there enjoying ourselves a bit more careful than before but still enjoying ourselves.

A bit more careful ... ok what realy you mean ..just intresting for me ? Lol"

69 only lol

By *liteswingersCouple  over a year ago

London

This year travelling anywhere abroad is a write off .. we go every year but definitely no where abroad at all , will to much headache . The market is to unpredictable and also health is wealth .

Also Spain ???? will not let any tourists till maybe September but that I am sure will be extended .

Simple to just be happy to chill for now .

Belfast

A bit more careful ... ok what realy you mean ..just intresting for me ? Lol

69 only lol"

Good luck with that

Hope you are all keeping well. Just wanted to say generally that we are basically all confused, and cannot be sure what the future holds. However using a forum to make "cheap" swipe at people's opinions, no matter whether you think they are stupid or deluded is a bit of a low blow to our normally sane and friendly community at this awful time in the world. I am sure nobody truly has all the answers at this time. Stay safe.

merseyside

Wouldn't consider making a decision at the moment. Be interesting to see if the numbers go up in countries coming out of lockdown.

If the numbers stay fairly constant there's a chance, if they soar, think this will be an ongoing problem for some time yet.

Stay safe everyone, health first, holiday second.

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Hope you are all keeping well. Just wanted to say generally that we are basically all confused, and cannot be sure what the future holds. However using a forum to make "cheap" swipe at people's opinions, no matter whether you think they are stupid or deluded is a bit of a low blow to our normally sane and friendly community at this awful time in the world. I am sure nobody truly has all the answers at this time. Stay safe. "

I couldn't agree more

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Wouldn't consider making a decision at the moment. Be interesting to see if the numbers go up in countries coming out of lockdown.

If the numbers stay fairly constant there's a chance, if they soar, think this will be an ongoing problem for some time yet.

Stay safe everyone, health first, holiday second.

"

Unfortunately I do agree with you, thinking all of our sun holidays abroad this year won't happen.

We were booked for 15th March, but that obviously was cancelled. We had already booked for the Abora Caterina for early November, and hopefully will still be going. Even if the Swinging clubs can't open we would like to support the many businesses owned by friends we have made over the last 4 years. They will need all our support to help them get back on their feet.

We have also had a holiday to Prague in June cancelled so will try to support UK by taking another staycation.

By *un pair 2Couple  over a year ago

poole

We should be there now 27april two weeks . Want to rebook for November but waiting to see how things go

Have a refund voucher +20% extra if we rebook instead of refund x

By *un pair 2Couple  over a year ago

poole

Would just be nice if they open up studland before summer is over x

"Would just be nice if they open up studland before summer is over x"
They may do yet, let's hope we can get the economy going again

Why would any government with any sense invite people back the island that has 30,000 deaths from virus back anytime this year. Financial is the only reason. May happen. Spanish mainland say no international tourism until at least October. All dependant on no increase it contamination or death. Both of which are definitely going to increase with the first flight in !!!

Gwent

So IF flights get going, if airports can run to capacity,with transfers, if hotels are running propperly with full staff and food, liyng buy the pool with face masks, sitting next to some one, on the beach sun bathing with masks, with limited bars and restaraunts if any, so at all times keeping social distancing and face masks on at all times when out, cynicle i know but it seems thats gonna be the reality, if and when we are able to travel,,but realy hope it doesnt come to this, we all know it will!!

"So IF flights get going, if airports can run to capacity,with transfers, if hotels are running propperly with full staff and food, liyng buy the pool with face masks, sitting next to some one, on the beach sun bathing with masks, with limited bars and restaraunts if any, so at all times keeping social distancing and face masks on at all times when out, cynicle i know but it seems thats gonna be the reality, if and when we are able to travel,,but realy hope it doesnt come to this, we all know it will!!"
Only need face masks in doors according to the experts, so on the beach 6 feet apart is ok.

chelmsford

"So IF flights get going, if airports can run to capacity,with transfers, if hotels are running propperly with full staff and food, liyng buy the pool with face masks, sitting next to some one, on the beach sun bathing with masks, with limited bars and restaraunts if any, so at all times keeping social distancing and face masks on at all times when out, cynicle i know but it seems thats gonna be the reality, if and when we are able to travel,,but realy hope it doesnt come to this, we all know it will!!"

Yes, this wouldn't be a holiday for me, but I hope you all get away, if you want to. I would like to see our friends though, locals and holiday friends

Costa Blanca Spain...

Face masks on the beach?

That would create some crazy looking tan lines.

chelmsford

"So IF flights get going, if airports can run to capacity,with transfers, if hotels are running propperly with full staff and food, liyng buy the pool with face masks, sitting next to some one, on the beach sun bathing with masks, with limited bars and restaraunts if any, so at all times keeping social distancing and face masks on at all times when out, cynicle i know but it seems thats gonna be the reality, if and when we are able to travel,,but realy hope it doesnt come to this, we all know it will!!

Face masks on the beach?

That would create some crazy looking tan lines. "

Haha

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Looks like things are moving quite quickly. Just seen that Comeback Bar is opening again on May 11th.

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

but no flights, also be mad to go out there now x

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Aware if the lack of flights, I also wasn't suggesting travelling, as the island is still closed to visitors. Just noting that the islands are starting to open businesses again, light at the end of the tunnel perhaps?

chelmsford

"Looks like things are moving quite quickly. Just seen that Comeback Bar is opening again on May 11th."

yes I think they are allowed to start opening bars, with some restrictions, good news

wigan

"Aware if the lack of flights, I also wasn't suggesting travelling, as the island is still closed to visitors. Just noting that the islands are starting to open businesses again, light at the end of the tunnel perhaps?"

Lets all hope so , need October holiday like never before

Hundreds of flights coming in to GC

You arrive at airport..2m distance as you get off plane...2m distance through passport control...2m distance at baggage turnable..all this with 160 people off only one flight ??? Good luck. Can just imagine the chaos delay to and from your resort. Best guest including plane airport transfers 10 hours to hotel minimum?

Who in there right mind will go to a swingers event or club while this is out there..

Manority of clubs resorts will be bankrupt