FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Residencia... how to go about it

Residencia... how to go about it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aul DeUther-One OP   Man  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

Hola mi amigos de fab.

So, who here is going through the process of gaining residencia/ extended leave to remain in Spain?...

How're you getting on?

Where does someone start?

Any information and/ or advice would be gratefully received

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *keptic69Man  over a year ago

Correlejo, Fuerteventura

Residencies

Residencia is very complicated following Brexit. The problem is that there is no clarity as many rules have yet to be worked out and agreed upon. A good starting point would be to contact the Spanish embassy and ask them for guidance. Local authorities in the various regions are confused and interpret the rules differently. I am aware of 5 cases here in Fuerteventura where every applicant has been told something different, had to provide a variety of documents, spent hundreds of euros on abogados and intermediaries and to date, none have achieved residencia status. There is a minimum income level required, health insurance that cover everything without exclusions and must not have an excess applicable to the policy when claiming. And the list goes on. It also depends on wether you are married or single, etc, etc etc.

Take my advice and contact the embassy. Too many experts on here can lead you the wrong way, as everyone’s experience and circumstances will differ.

By *aul DeUther-One OP   Man  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

"Residencies.

Thanks for your message Josh. Just as you say I will go to the source.

Residencia is very complicated following Brexit. The problem is that there is no clarity as many rules have yet to be worked out and agreed upon. A good starting point would be to contact the Spanish embassy and ask them for guidance. Local authorities in the various regions are confused and interpret the rules differently. I am aware of 5 cases here in Fuerteventura where every applicant has been told something different, had to provide a variety of documents, spent hundreds of euros on abogados and intermediaries and to date, none have achieved residencia status. There is a minimum income level required, health insurance that cover everything without exclusions and must not have an excess applicable to the policy when claiming. And the list goes on. It also depends on wether you are married or single, etc, etc etc.

Take my advice and contact the embassy. Too many experts on here can lead you the wrong way, as everyone’s experience and circumstances will differ."

» Add a new message to this topic