FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Car hire in the Canaries

Car hire in the Canaries

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys, when we first went to Gran Canaria we used Six car hire and it was very expensive and they held a large deposit on our credit card and they wanted extra insurance.

Now we use CiCar car hire. FAIR PRICES, NO DEPOSIT, you can pay in CASH on pickup and FULL INSURANCE is included in the price. Cars are clean, reliable and nice to drive and pick up and return was so easy.

WE have no connection with CICAR other than we have used them twice in the last 9 months and found them to be an honest company which is rare these days.

I understand AUTOREISEN are good too but we have never used them ourselves. We hope this helps you guys save some money and not get ripped off.

Have fun this summer x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

We can back up what you say 100% about CiCar, very easy to collect and also return vehicle.

Had tried a couple of other car hire companies before, but will stick with Cicar now whenever we need to hire a car.

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

Similar experience with Autoreisen. No hesitation in recommending them.

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

We have used CICAR and Auto Reisen and would recommend both companies. The last couple of times we have been over the queues at CICAR were very long, shows how popular they have become.

Back over in September and have booked with Auto Reisen..

"We have used CICAR and Auto Reisen and would recommend both companies. The last couple of times we have been over the queues at CICAR were very long, shows how popular they have become.

Back over in September and have booked with Auto Reisen.."

That's probally our thought lol as I had another thread in January on here saying the same thing but couldn't find it when I went to bump it up. after our honeymoon on GC and our great experience with CICAR.

We love the way you turn up and pay in cash. Was a nice surprise after our experience with six who although our bmw was nice as an upgrade it was also very dirty outside. And they charged us twice as much for the upgrade on our card than we were told about at the airport. Only CICAR for us now

By *xhibitionistsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

AUTOREISEN for us over the last 15 years and never a problem. We have a little vw polo right now in Tenerife

"AUTOREISEN for us over the last 15 years and never a problem. We have a little vw polo right now in Tenerife "

WE heard they were good too how much did the vw cost you and was it for a week or 2. It helps people choose

By *xhibitionistsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"AUTOREISEN for us over the last 15 years and never a problem. We have a little vw polo right now in Tenerife

WE heard they were good too how much did the vw cost you and was it for a week or 2. It helps people choose"

115 euros for 11 nights

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi yes cicar we always use them in tenerife no problems what so ever sometime get a free upgrade as well

We have booked a car through autoreisen for our trip in October,£70 for the week,just a tenner more than return taxi fare,though I am a bit apprehensive about driving on the left,haven't drove on the continent in over 20 years.

"We have booked a car through autoreisen for our trip in October,£70 for the week,just a tenner more than return taxi fare,though I am a bit apprehensive about driving on the left,haven't drove on the continent in over 20 years."

The roundabouts at the airport get me lol but once on the main drag it comes back easy enough. Make sure you have a drive up into the mountains there are some fantastic views high up.

"We have booked a car through autoreisen for our trip in October,£70 for the week,just a tenner more than return taxi fare,though I am a bit apprehensive about driving on the left,haven't drove on the continent in over 20 years.

The roundabouts at the airport get me lol but once on the main drag it comes back easy enough. Make sure you have a drive up into the mountains there are some fantastic views high up."

That's my main concern,navigating the roundabouts at the airport,in the dark

Yes we fully intend a drive up the mountains during our stay,main reason for hiring the car,we been going twice a year for 8 years and never been further than the beach.

Looking forward to some stunning scenery and making a few special memories of our own

"We have booked a car through autoreisen for our trip in October,£70 for the week,just a tenner more than return taxi fare,though I am a bit apprehensive about driving on the left,haven't drove on the continent in over 20 years.

The roundabouts at the airport get me lol but once on the main drag it comes back easy enough. Make sure you have a drive up into the mountains there are some fantastic views high up.

Yes we fully intend a drive up the mountains during our stay,main reason for hiring the car,we been going twice a year for 8 years and never been further than the beach.

Looking forward to some stunning scenery and making a few special memories of our own "

If you drive down to modan and then turn right and go up to the mountains and find Ta deaga you will have the drive of your life although we did it the other way and ended up at modan.

Was a fantastic drive.

Looking forward to some stunning scenery and making a few special memories of our own

If you drive down to modan and then turn right and go up to the mountains and find Ta deaga you will have the drive of your life although we did it the other way and ended up at modan.

Was a fantastic drive.

"

It's Puerto de Mogan not Modan

Was a fantastic drive.

It's Puerto de Mogan not Modan"

By *axtanMan  over a year ago

los Cristianos now

AutoReisen - cheapest ordinarily. Be advised that a car hire cost will be based on a full rental covering the entire period using the most expensive daily rent for all days. You may get a better deal by hiring individual weeks. They replaced my car(flat battery- my fault) with a new vehicle within 18hrs. Great service.

By *axtanMan  over a year ago

los Cristianos now

AutoReisen - cheapest ordinarily. Be advised that a car hire cost will be based on a full rental covering the entire period using the most expensive daily rent for all days. You may get a better deal by hiring individual weeks. They replaced my car(flat battery- my fault) with a new vehicle within 18hrs. Great service.

We are here for 3 weeks this time and our lovely nissan cost €350 from CICAR for the 21 days including all insurance and there was no deposit and you can pay in cash. We are staying in PDI and drive to nr the lighthouse most days as its easier to get to hut 4 from there and we took out 28 days parking in the underground carpark for 12 hours a day which only cost €35 which works out at about €1.5 a day. They do a 14 day deal too. When you consider the cost of airport transfers and taxis back and forward from pdi to Maspolomas thats not a bad deal. No petrol charges either as you leave the same amount of petrol in it as you find it. You might find a car cheaper but the service at CICAR is so easy and friendly and it's our 3rd time of using them without a problem since we first made the mistake of using sixt.

Was a fantastic drive.

It's Puerto de Mogan not Modan

"

Whatever it's called it's a great drive and thanks for correcting me

[Removed by poster at 30/09/18 10:20:52]

The cheap ones can add loads of extras/excess etc - look at https://www.cabreramedina.com/EN as it is an all inclusive price including second driver etc - highly recommended - no hassle and honest

"The cheap ones can add loads of extras/excess etc - look at https://www.cabreramedina.com/EN as it is an all inclusive price including second driver etc - highly recommended - no hassle and honest"

No extras or hassle with CICAR either. All recommended company's welcome on this thread. When you can book online then turn up and pay in cash without a deposit taken and full insurance including cdw included the life is good for us drivers so keep posting your good and bad stories on here.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Any good motorcycle rental recommendations would be appreciated too

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Also used Cicar. Collision damage waiver included. Very simple.

If you look cabrera medina are the parent company for Cicar and are in fact about 10% cheaper than Cicar - but you actually get the car from Cicar

"If you look cabrera medina are the parent company for Cicar and are in fact about 10% cheaper than Cicar - but you actually get the car from Cicar"

I never new that so thanks I will try them when we are back here in Dec. That's why we started this thread to help fabbers get a good deal and steer clear of bad deals.

"Any good motorcycle rental recommendations would be appreciated too "

I think probally the hire shops in the town's would be best as not seen any at the airport. There seems to be a lot of electric bikes and scooters flying around.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Any good motorcycle rental recommendations would be appreciated too

I think probally the hire shops in the town's would be best as not seen any at the airport. There seems to be a lot of electric bikes and scooters flying around. "

yeah don't fancy hiring a bike at the airport with luggage to carry

By *heeseandcucumberCouple  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

We always use Plus Car....had no problems with them over the past years..

By *and2aCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

Buy an annual excess policy in this country for £39.99 yes £39.99

You then do not have to buy the insurance companies extra insurance

By *nitforfuntimesCouple  over a year ago

gillingham

We are in masplomas at the moment.cicar is excellent ,quick pick up no deposit and free upgrade .paid for fiesta got top of range Astra .

140 Euro for 10 days

By *otdoggieCouple  over a year ago

Tenby

Good info folks, just going to book our car for Nov 2nd. Need to check the small print with these companies!

"Any good motorcycle rental recommendations would be appreciated too

I think probally the hire shops in the town's would be best as not seen any at the airport. There seems to be a lot of electric bikes

yeah don't fancy hiring a bike at the airport with luggage to carry "

We thought that lol

"Buy an annual excess policy in this country for £39.99 yes £39.99

You then do not have to buy the insurance companies extra insurance "

You don't need it with CICAR.

"We are in masplomas at the moment.cicar is excellent ,quick pick up no deposit and free upgrade .paid for fiesta got top of range Astra .

140 Euro for 10 days "

» Add a new message to this topic