FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Question, how can you tell a fake cpl profile

Question, how can you tell a fake cpl profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ames2602 OP   Man  over a year ago

whittle

I've been chatting to a few bi cpls were Male is bi. It just seems that I'm always talking to the same person, when they say it him or her. Advice please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

If they seem to be the same person, chances are it is.

whittle

Do agree yes. But pics have been sent of them both and look genuine, is there any other way to tell. There refusing to cam. Only seen him on cam.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Do agree yes. But pics have been sent of them both and look genuine, is there any other way to tell. There refusing to cam. Only seen him on cam."

You have answered your own question there, it's just a man.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ask them to take a pic together thumbs up or pointing or holding a piece of paper with James on, any daft command you wouldn’t expect there to be a ready made pic of

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Trust just spider senses. Think aboutwhat reason would they refuse to cam? If it doesn't feel right it's very likely it's not.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

There is usually something about a fake couples profile that gives it away... Men and women are conditioned to write differently - men more direct, women more subtle. So I thought I had it sussed...

Until a couple who messaged me a few months ago. I was totally convinced it was genuine, until we exchanged numbers and I insisted I spoke to both of them - speaker phone at their end...

... Turns out they were a genuine couple but they split many many months ago and he was still maintaining a couples profile... It was quite sad and pitiful...

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

We don’t cam, do what others dictate, okay, we are fake.

hiding from cock pics.

"We don’t cam, do what others dictate, okay, we are fake."

I believe it doesn't make someone fake if they won't cam, but when a pointers are added up together it can possibly be a piece of it, as many things can be.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We're not meeting at the moment but when it's possible, it's reasonable to expect some form of communication other than text chat, such as a phone call.

If early chat gets very sexual, it's often a giveaway that someone is getting off on deceiving someone whilst getting sexual kicks. It's fine to discuss preferences, without it needing to get to erotica.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Photos are normally a good clue recent ones but also the way the profile has been written you can tell when a female has written it's just how things are worded but me saying this and others reading it isn't this giving those a opportunity to think of a alternative method since are many members on here with more than one account just because they just had a birthday so to keep in contact with previous age limit but how does that make them genuine with false information

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"We don’t cam, do what others dictate, okay, we are fake.

I believe it doesn't make someone fake if they won't cam, but when a pointers are added up together it can possibly be a piece of it, as many things can be.

"

Or simply projection.

We are an odd race who need to stabilise chaos,

Shame it involves boxes and stereotyping, yet love breaking, especially sexual paradigms.

The release from domestic life.

Suspect it makes us all fake.

We are a couple and the abuse we get of singles males, means we will end up blocking ALL males

Single guys getting paranoid and cant understand why they aint treated as God's gift.

By *layingTogetherCouple  over a year ago

colchester

No recent images (old stuff), text which gets straight to the point (in pun intended), refusal to do things to prove they are who they say they are, tbh if it feels Jekyll and Hyde, it most probably is... like anything in life, if it looks too good to be true, probably is

whittle

Thanks for that comment, its not that I'm paranoid it's the point that they cant prove there a cpl or wont.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Do agree yes. But pics have been sent of them both and look genuine, is there any other way to tell. There refusing to cam. Only seen him on cam.

You have answered your own question there, it's just a man."

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Until a couple who messaged me a few months ago. I was totally convinced it was genuine, until we exchanged numbers and I insisted I spoke to both of them - speaker phone at their end...

... Turns out they were a genuine couple but they split many many months ago and he was still maintaining a couples profile... It was quite sad and pitiful..."

Were they both on the phone to you ?

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

Just let it go, move on

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

I'd always trust your spider senses. If they're writing identically then you're probably talking to one person, not a couple.

Would you meet the male half on your own for a bi meet? If so, give it a shot! You could arrange to meet the couple only to find the lady is "ill" but the guy is there. Or they could be legit and they're just that similar over text.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I always write our messages so the writing style will always be the same although the reply comes from us both.

When it's possible to meet we go for coffee with people we think we'd like to take things further with. That soon sorts the sheep from the goats. Don't engage in the "what would you do to me/us/her" messages unless it's your thing, don't meet the guy alone so he can "find out if she'll like you, don't fall for the" suck my cock first and I'll let you meet her" line either.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There is usually something about a fake couples profile that gives it away... Men and women are conditioned to write differently - men more direct, women more subtle. So I thought I had it sussed...

... Turns out they were a genuine couple but they split many many months ago and he was still maintaining a couples profile... It was quite sad and pitiful..."

If you report the profile admin will change it for him. He's misleading people.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"I've been chatting to a few bi cpls were Male is bi. It just seems that I'm always talking to the same person, when they say it him or her. Advice please. "

I would just politely say you’ve been fooled by a bloke pretending to be a couple before, so you’re more careful because of a bad experience, and could they provide some reassurance they are a couple, and looking to meet as a couple.....

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"Ask them to take a pic together thumbs up or pointing or holding a piece of paper with James on, any daft command you wouldn’t expect there to be a ready made pic of"

Yep, this is a good shout. We wouldn’t be offended if this is asked of us. Probably take a few hours to organise though as Kitty is at home and I’m at work till 4:30

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I always know when a couple aren’t genuine, in my case quite simple. When their profile isn’t looking for Tgirls or any indication they’re looking to experiment. In one case I checked their green arrow and they’d commented on a recent thread, that they only met couples or straight guys.

My advice do some research and question them on any thing you find. If they’re genuine it shouldn’t be a problem if you’re not being rude about it.

This happened to me recently... Just the guy arranging everything, never around together....

In the end I stopped waisting time and blocked.

So many lovely bi couples around xx

I find repeat pics a give away... Don't think I have ever seen repeats on actual women's profiles but lots of men with them... Weird but ya know

"I've been chatting to a few bi cpls were Male is bi. It just seems that I'm always talking to the same person, when they say it him or her. Advice please. "

I'd ask who your speaking to, that wouldn't offend us, we both manage our profile and messages and at times will let people know which one of us is speaking without being asked. I'd say most can tell whether its me or him messaging so trust your gut, if they don't cam ask for a picture but something unique to you

whittle

Thanks for all the replies guys. Been asking very nicely to arrange a social cam or a live pic ect, I've been very nice about it, haha now I've been blocked. This tells me I was right all along.

Are there any genuine bi(Male is bi) couples in there NW area ie preston ect.

Who just wants to chat socially and see were it leads.

By *9089Man  over a year ago

Bradford

If the male is bi and you are, apart from initial dishonesty, you could still get what you want from taking it further.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I find repeat pics a give away... Don't think I have ever seen repeats on actual women's profiles but lots of men with them... Weird but ya know "

What's a repeat pic? Forgive my ignorance!

"I've been chatting to a few bi cpls were Male is bi. It just seems that I'm always talking to the same person, when they say it him or her. Advice please.

I'd ask who your speaking to, that wouldn't offend us, we both manage our profile and messages and at times will let people know which one of us is speaking without being asked. I'd say most can tell whether its me or him messaging so trust your gut, if they don't cam ask for a picture but something unique to you"

Thats exactly what I do now, much easier xx

"I've been chatting to a few bi cpls were Male is bi. It just seems that I'm always talking to the same person, when they say it him or her. Advice please.

If the male is bi and you are, apart from initial dishonesty, you could still get what you want from taking it further."

You presume too much, I'm not interested in stand alone men, I love the interaction within a MMF scenario

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Thanks for that comment, its not that I'm paranoid it's the point that they cant prove there a cpl or wont."

We are a genuine couple as our meets prove but if we were asked to prove it, no chance.

We take a chance coming to you if we are not what you want don't let us in, simple

Maidstone

"Were they both on the phone to you ?"

No. But when we were messaging, he was pretending they were still together. He was insistent on meeting that Saturday night but my policy is phone chats first - else no meet.

That was when he fessed-up it was an old profile and that they had split something like 18 months ago...

Maidstone

"If you report the profile admin will change it for him. He's misleading people. "

Thanks sweetie, that's good to know ... !

I tend to prefer the light touch on here... Nothing too heavy but when he does, I try to stay polite, refuse and move on. I rarely block or report anyone.

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

If it feels wrong it probs is, but like others have suggested get them both on video or a pic doing something that can’t be faked.

If they won’t they are either fake or not going to be who they say they are at the least.

There’s nothing wrong with asking for clarification, how do you know you might not be going to meet a pair of murderers.

By *entleman kinksterMan  over a year ago

london

met with a couple a while back. messages followed by phone call between the 3 of us. they invited me to theirs on the proviso that it was a social meet. we kept it social and agreed to meet again for a play. it went exceedingly well and have subsequently met since. Restored my faith in swinging sites. genuine people hooking up with genuine people

By *rMrs322Couple  over a year ago

Sandy

We did this for someone years ago it worked a treat and have suggested it when talking to new people

By *entleman kinksterMan  over a year ago

london

"We did this for someone years ago it worked a treat and have suggested it when talking to new people "
unless you are an irresistible greek god the couples hold the upper hand. patience politeness and agreeing alignment on the kink spectrum have to fall into place. sometimes its worth the wait

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Tell them to grab a piece of paper and write your profile name on it and the date. Take a picture while they are holding it together.

Does not need to be a face photo if they do not want and if this is ok for you. This is depending how good you know them already. Can be dressed or dress down photo.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

When a profile clearly states 'couple', but all correspondence is in the first person singular!

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Have they got verifications ? If they have plenty and they mention the lady doubt if they are fake if no Veris be on guard

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"When a profile clearly states 'couple', but all correspondence is in the first person singular!"

I do not agree. We are a couple, you can believe or not, but in 99% cases I (Mark) keep a conversation. But we both read it.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"I find repeat pics a give away... Don't think I have ever seen repeats on actual women's profiles but lots of men with them... Weird but ya know

What's a repeat pic? Forgive my ignorance! "

Pretty sure Aerial means deleting an old photo from the profile & then putting it back on so it gets a newer date on it.

It’s a common thing amongst female profiles too,

S

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

Our profile has recently been rewritten, me Mr wrote this update. So you may think it's just a guy and not genuine, but again our photos, verifications and we attended as many Social events as we can prove otherwise.

We were getting bombarded with messages from guys when we stated Guys don't message we will find you, most of the messages are vague one liners like Fancy a fuck, Fuck Now. So our fist paragraph outlines this and our profile is quite blunt. This has stopped probably around half of messages but we still get loads all the time.

So as a couple Mr does need to take a little more control because of how guys are on Fab.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

That’s why we avoided profiles with no shown verifications, if they have a verification you can tell it’s a couple.

We don’t cam, don’t chat on the phone to people until we are at the point of meeting, we’re not even photo verified as a couple but looking at our profile you can obviously see that we are a couple.

If in doubt and you think your being played walk away.

I do most of the communicating on our profile and have always found the messaging styles that males and females use are so different that it’s relatively easy to spot if someone is lying.

Miss V

"I find repeat pics a give away... Don't think I have ever seen repeats on actual women's profiles but lots of men with them... Weird but ya know

What's a repeat pic? Forgive my ignorance! "

Sorry, just the same pic, more than once in their gallery... Saw a guy yesterday 3 pics, 2 were the exact same one... I think most women check this stuff on their own profiles

"I do most of the communicating on our profile and have always found the messaging styles that males and females use are so different that it’s relatively easy to spot if someone is lying.

Miss V"

Yes! I hate women that talk like men... It either means they aren't someone I would be interested in or they are men... Don't get me wrong, I love men but some need to hone their communication skills a bit

"I do most of the communicating on our profile and have always found the messaging styles that males and females use are so different that it’s relatively easy to spot if someone is lying.

Miss V

Yes! I hate women that talk like men... It either means they aren't someone I would be interested in or they are men... Don't get me wrong, I love men but some need to hone their communication skills a bit"

Especially when they ARE pretending to be a female. It’s impossible for them to keep up the pretence for long!

By *iking SoftiesCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

We are a couple but I do all the computer side of things, I obviously have a reasonable idea who L might be interested in and if I am interested I take the profile message to her for consideration.

If she is interested too we will take things forward and though we don’t cam she is always happy to speak on the phone and, pandemic excepted, arrange a meet when appropriate.

Having been on here many years prior to this profile we both listen to our spider senses and if either one tingles for any reason we leave things and move on.

In the OPs case this would be a good choice I think.

"Ask them to take a pic together thumbs up or pointing or holding a piece of paper with James on, any daft command you wouldn’t expect there to be a ready made pic of

Yep, this is a good shout. We wouldn’t be offended if this is asked of us. Probably take a few hours to organise though as Kitty is at home and I’m at work till 4:30"

Yehh that’s the only thing might not be photo ready ...but if they really want the meet they’d do it, although tbh we go of verifications too they really are the best way to see what people have said about them. No recent verifications, not worth the risk but saying that atm no one has recent veris or they shouldn’t

we insist that females talk on phone dont be surprised when they dont

By *eedAbuse4HubbyCouple  over a year ago

North West

I don’t get some of the statements on here.

Why should anyone have to prove who they are because someone demanded it? Give that person / those people chance to get comfortable and when they’re good and ready they’ll prove it. If you’re too impatient to wait then that’s your problem.

Not everyone is as confident or willing to dish out phone numbers as others.

We’ve stopped talking to a few people because they start being pushy about it. Then with others we’ve had hour long conversations on the phone or fun over skype.

And genuine question now, why would somebody set up a fake profile pretending to be a couple. Surely if somebody wanted to pretend to be someone else it’d be miles easier to pretend to be one person rather than two???

Eg

If a man was to set up a fake profile, surely he’d just set up a womans profile and do it that way? What benefit is there to faking being a couple? (Or even faking a all, how long can a man fake being a woman for, just ask him where the clit is ha)

By *andVCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

This a good subject for us, we very rarely meet people on here and that was before lockdown, because me and vik are polar opposites, I love the site and will quite happily sit for ages talking to people and using the forums etc etc

Where as vicki is only interested in talking to people when she's in the mood and relaxed, as a busy working mum of two/3 if you include the looking after me haha those times are far less regular especially as she doesn't have a massive sex drive. So we have always leaned towards clubs and camming on here. As a lot of people can't be bothered messaging past the usual "Hi, how are you?" and want to Skype, kik or whatever else straight away which we just don't do on demand. Were not overly bothered as we've always veered more towards quality than quantity but I do think half the time it is just down to people assuming we're fake or not interested enough because we want to get to know people a bit via messages before moving onto other things. Sorry for the essay guys lol

By *xploressCouple  over a year ago

Mid Devon

We got taken in by a pic hunter last year.. They had a couples profile with a couple of veris so we felt confident they were real but then smelt a rat.. Spidy senses! Then when we asked nicely for some proof to reassure us.. A short phone call or even just a pic that couldn't be faked they became evasive and wouldn't do it. So that was the end of that. Lesson learned. Lots of fakers. Be super careful.

"We got taken in by a pic hunter last year.. They had a couples profile with a couple of veris so we felt confident they were real but then smelt a rat.. Spidy senses! Then when we asked nicely for some proof to reassure us.. A short phone call or even just a pic that couldn't be faked they became evasive and wouldn't do it. So that was the end of that. Lesson learned. Lots of fakers. Be super careful. "
exactly this

By *araamFunMan  over a year ago

various

All I’ve come across so far seem to be fakers...it is annoying and definitely off putting..let’s hope the clubs open up soon ..and actually meet people..much more harder to fake

It will be just a guy. No women. There’s a few of those profiles on here. The Mrs is either working or out. And the guy wants to meet. I’m straight so fuck knows what for.

Chesterfield

[Removed by poster at 26/11/20 01:33:46]

Chesterfield

"I don’t get some of the statements on here.

Why should anyone have to prove who they are because someone demanded it? Give that person / those people chance to get comfortable and when they’re good and ready they’ll prove it. If you’re too impatient to wait then that’s your problem.

Not everyone is as confident or willing to dish out phone numbers as others.

We’ve stopped talking to a few people because they start being pushy about it. Then with others we’ve had hour long conversations on the phone or fun over skype.

And genuine question now, why would somebody set up a fake profile pretending to be a couple. Surely if somebody wanted to pretend to be someone else it’d be miles easier to pretend to be one person rather than two???

Eg

If a man was to set up a fake profile, surely he’d just set up a womans profile and do it that way? What benefit is there to faking being a couple? (Or even faking a all, how long can a man fake being a woman for, just ask him where the clit is ha)

"

Says the couple with one verifications from someone who has hidden their profile

"Ask them to take a pic together thumbs up or pointing or holding a piece of paper with James on, any daft command you wouldn’t expect there to be a ready made pic of"

I was going to say this too.

I find it easy these days. But that's mainly cos I've been on here a while so have maybe, like everyone, learned the hard way.

I'm straight but I do enjoy meeting couples so I use the following 'tests' which, although not infallible, get it right pretty much all the time.

1) Green Flag?

2) Veri's? Especially if Cam and see if the comments refer to a couple

3) Pics. Check if both are on here especially if they're hidden friends only

4) Language. Over time it becomes easier to decipher a male 'chatting' to a female. Men will be more direct and women more subtle. Dare I say coy even. The 'acid test' is that as the convo flows see if the person you are chatting to reverts solely to "me" and "I" rather than "us" and "we". See if your contact gushes about their partner constantly too. Alarm bells ring if that ebbs away as they get comfy chatting online to you and the charade dissipates.

5) Phone! If it gets to the stage that they want to maybe meet as couple then ask to speak to both. Genuine couples will always do this. I've never met anyone with actual phone-a-phobia yet. Not in the 21st Century.

6) There is the option of asking the couple to send a 'fun' pic of them to prove they're real. Maybe have the TV on in the background with say BBC News24 on or have them hold a random object. Be careful though as some people might be offended at this. That's why I think the phone works best.

Like I say if you follow these rules you get to a point that you can almost tell a profile from the second you 1st see it. Hey! I have got it initially wrong still but 99% of time I'm right.

3)

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Gut feeling works for me. My previous meet was only the male half chatting as his wife wasn't interested in chatting on here at all.

See I can’t agree with “knowing it’s a man by the way they talk” some women are more confident and even dominant, we are not all petite little flowers... not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just think with that view you might get a lot of false positives. Verifications and video meets are really the only way of knowing for sure or asking for unique photos like I said .

"This happened to me recently... Just the guy arranging everything, never around together....

In the end I stopped waisting time and blocked.

So many lovely bi couples around xx "

We're just like that! She's a nurse on the C19 wards and almost permanently at work, sleeping or recovering at the moment! However, we'd be 100% up for proving ourselves by phone or photo (no cam, don't really understand face-time etc, we're just old!).

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

We are figments of our own imagination! What is reality anyway ! Besides , it’s all academic anyway at the moment and eventually , all couples sound, act and look the bloody same !

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I unfortunately lost a friend when her other half created a couples profile using pictures of her and messaged me pretending to be her (didn’t know I was me, no face pics). Because the message was written as coming from her and the profile was a decent age and well verified it didn’t occur to me there was anything fishy so i called her, laughing my head off, and told her that she’d just messaged me on Fab. She didn’t have a clue what I was on about. Turns out her fella was using pics of her without her knowing and was messaging people and having meets without her knowing. She took their 2 kids and left him that night. Terrible.

Sadly that kind of thing is really common. You have to be so careful.

By *HELONDONCOUPLECouple  over a year ago

london

We can normally spot a fake profile by the way it is written or when they start messaging you telling you what they want to do to the mrs SUCKER as a woman will not be saying things like it just go with your gut feeling you prob be right, if bells are ringing now time to move on

cardiff

"I unfortunately lost a friend when her other half created a couples profile using pictures of her and messaged me pretending to be her (didn’t know I was me, no face pics). Because the message was written as coming from her and the profile was a decent age and well verified it didn’t occur to me there was anything fishy so i called her, laughing my head off, and told her that she’d just messaged me on Fab. She didn’t have a clue what I was on about. Turns out her fella was using pics of her without her knowing and was messaging people and having meets without her knowing. She took their 2 kids and left him that night. Terrible.

Sadly that kind of thing is really common. You have to be so careful. "

Gawd all mighty !!

"We can normally spot a fake profile by the way it is written or when they start messaging you telling you what they want to do to the mrs SUCKER as a woman will not be saying things like it just go with your gut feeling you prob be right, if bells are ringing now time to move on"

Exactly this! It’s impossible for a guy to keep up the pretence for long. Women know instinctively if it’s another woman messaging. It’s not hard to spot and so easy to call them out on.

V

By *el and jayneMan  over a year ago

Gloucester

When the woman is never around

cardiff

"When the woman is never around "

I’m very round . But not as round as him - ducks and runs for cover

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Thanks for that comment, its not that I'm paranoid it's the point that they cant prove there a cpl or wont."
are they meet or cam verified as a couple OP?

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I've spoken to quite a few fake couples on here, some will not cam others will not use the phone , I start to get a bit suspicious but give them the benefit of the doubt.

But it's when you start to set up a meet and the male either says he wants to meet you on his own first or he wants to play with you on his own first.

It's really annoying as so much time and effort has gone in to getting to this point.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"Do agree yes. But pics have been sent of them both and look genuine, is there any other way to tell. There refusing to cam. Only seen him on cam."

If she's not been on cam the chances are she doesn't exist or doesn't know what he's up to. Ask to see her on cam - there's no reason she wouldn't do this unless she's not part of this at all of course.

Bexley

"I've spoken to quite a few fake couples on here, some will not cam others will not use the phone , I start to get a bit suspicious but give them the benefit of the doubt.

But it's when you start to set up a meet and the male either says he wants to meet you on his own first or he wants to play with you on his own first.

It's really annoying as so much time and effort has gone in to getting to this point. "

Lesson learned eh? Don't waste any time on people who won't appear on cam. It only needs t be for 10 secs and needn't even require them to show faces. There are lots of guys masquerading as couples here and on other sites.

Bexley

"I unfortunately lost a friend when her other half created a couples profile using pictures of her and messaged me pretending to be her (didn’t know I was me, no face pics). Because the message was written as coming from her and the profile was a decent age and well verified it didn’t occur to me there was anything fishy so i called her, laughing my head off, and told her that she’d just messaged me on Fab. She didn’t have a clue what I was on about. Turns out her fella was using pics of her without her knowing and was messaging people and having meets without her knowing. She took their 2 kids and left him that night. Terrible.

Sadly that kind of thing is really common. You have to be so careful. "

Asking them to cam soon sorts that out. Why would anyone with nothing to hide refuse?

Bexley

"

Correct. It doesn't prove anything but at that point you can make a judgement whether to continue with any communication or move on. There's no need to show faces on camera to prove you are what you claim to be.

Bexley

"Thanks for that comment, its not that I'm paranoid it's the point that they cant prove there a cpl or wont. are they meet or cam verified as a couple OP? "

Verifications are like MOTs - valid on the day they're issued. Couples do split and we know males can/do sometimes carry on using their old profiles.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Same here so we too are members of the fake club.

If they have a green flag beside their name doesn't it mean they are verified by fab ?

hiding from cock pics.

"If they have a green flag beside their name doesn't it mean they are verified by fab ? "

It means they have sent in a picture which has been picture verified.

It could have been taken a long time ago though and one member of the account may have left or changed.

Also it may not match the current pictures as it is only been visible to the admin, so later pictures added maybe of different people.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Our profile has recently been rewritten, me Mr wrote this update. So you may think it's just a guy and not genuine, but again our photos, verifications and we attended as many Social events as we can prove otherwise.

We were getting bombarded with messages from guys when we stated Guys don't message we will find you, most of the messages are vague one liners like Fancy a fuck, Fuck Now. So our fist paragraph outlines this and our profile is quite blunt. This has stopped probably around half of messages but we still get loads all the time.

So as a couple Mr does need to take a little more control because of how guys are on Fab.

"

This if K (Mrs) had to deal with all the abusive, fuck now, offers of money / drugs and fantasists single males then our profile would have been shut down long ago.

In many couples the male has to be a buffer to shield his partner from some of the above somewhat.

I can't imagine how many single women are scared off this site by the way many of the single males behave. Those that stay and deal with it you have my respect.

Oh and before as a single male you decide the above offends you the genuine single males whom are true swingers and we glad to call friends are just as annoyed with all of the above.

KJ

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

Sadly that kind of thing is really common. You have to be so careful.

Asking them to cam soon sorts that out. Why would anyone with nothing to hide refuse?"

In this case I wasn’t going to ask them to cam. I just called my friend directly.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"There is usually something about a fake couples profile that gives it away... Men and women are conditioned to write differently - men more direct, women more subtle. So I thought I had it sussed...

There’s are so many couple profile who are no longer couples. It is sad.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Just to play devils advocate. I’ve chatted with people I was convinced were not genuine and lo and behold it turned out they were very real. It’s a minefield.

I don't think there is a way to be sure.

Verifications from meets where both parties are mentioned is about as good as it gets in terms of reviewing the profile. Couples have different dynamics and for all intents and purposes any behavioural cues you use to clue you in on fake couples will produce false positives for couples like us for example where the male is the only one who uses fab reliably, or other IM really.

L just observes the online side, very very rarely chimes in and lets me know from this end whether she wants something to go ahead or not. She has no interest in flirting online, she's here for the physical element only.

Your best bet is to ask for a phone call or something when arranging a meet. There is no good reason a couple should refuse that, if there are privacy concerns they can call you with their number withheld. Expect to speak to both of them and only then take a meet seriously.

Of course this won't get back the time you have already wasted up to that point

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

I the male mostly do the chatting on our profile does that make us fake ???

There's not a snowball's chance in hell you'll get us to cam, hold up some random item in a photo or any other such hoop jumping. Are we fake? Absolutely not. Do we care if you judge us to be because we refuse to jump through hoops? Absolutely not. If they're prerequisites for you then we'll bid you farewell and all the best.

I always ask for a photo sent to me holding something stupid like a spoon can't fake it and it saves me wasting my time and if someone doesn't want to send it then that's up to them and leave it at that.

By *ubwife4uCouple  over a year ago

Kent/London

[Removed by poster at 10/01/21 17:30:03]

By *ubwife4uCouple  over a year ago

Kent/London

"I the male mostly do the chatting on our profile does that make us fake ??? "

Same here.

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

Nope, we don't cam or send random pics on request. But then we only ever meet as a couple also, you'll meet us both or neither of us

We also don't care if we're viewed as fake. Have enough options as it is

"Just to play devils advocate. I’ve chatted with people I was convinced were not genuine and lo and behold it turned out they were very real. It’s a minefield. "

Same for us. Wouldn't say the majority though, I'm usually right. Fem partner more gullible I'm afraid (and nowhere near as ruthless at ing out obvious mismatches) so, like previous poster, I do the sifting first!

At the end of the day if you want genuine people to contact you and turn into an actual meet then you've got more chance if you give everything you can to convince them that you are genuine. There are a few things us genuines can do that a faker can't really (cam/phone/special pic), but plenty of fairly easy stuff that offers good confidence.

fakes can be hard to spot, I have unverified (in person or by photo females who where genuine), yet out of curiosity I set up a fake womans profile and found that people would verify me (an interesting test! and profile then deleted), so verifications can mean little. Trust your instincts, and avoid being silly, would you travel 3hrs to meet an unknown? some would but its a long way to find they vanish. Basically the site is luck and trust, trust cuts two ways. Follow your brain not your pants

[Removed by poster at 10/01/21 23:09:57]

When the guy of a couple says she can't have a phone call because she's "just left to go to the shop". Less than five minutes later, she's "giving me an amazing blow job right now". Block and delete.

hiding from cock pics.

"fakes can be hard to spot, I have unverified (in person or by photo females who where genuine), yet out of curiosity I set up a fake womans profile and found that people would verify me (an interesting test! and profile then deleted), so verifications can mean little. Trust your instincts, and avoid being silly, would you travel 3hrs to meet an unknown? some would but its a long way to find they vanish. Basically the site is luck and trust, trust cuts two ways. Follow your brain not your pants"

Interesting

whittle

"Just to play devils advocate. I’ve chatted with people I was convinced were not genuine and lo and behold it turned out they were very real. It’s a minefield.

Same for us. Wouldn't say the majority though, I'm usually right. Fem partner more gullible I'm afraid (and nowhere near as ruthless at ing out obvious mismatches) so, like previous poster, I do the sifting first!

At the end of the day if you want genuine people to contact you and turn into an actual meet then you've got more chance if you give everything you can to convince them that you are genuine. There are a few things us genuines can do that a faker can't really (cam/phone/special pic), but plenty of fairly easy stuff that offers good confidence. "

I like this ,very good advice thanks

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

Yip, happens alot..one in particular that we had been chatting to for a while. Was always the male and when we asked where his wife was and why she is never on talking. He says she is working night shift...every time.

By *umptuous DuoCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I (the male half of this couple) manage our profile as the wife doesn’t want fab on her phone due to the kids using it, however the wife sees everything on my phone and nothing is arranged unless it’s from us both.

We don’t want to cam to prove we’re genuine but would be happy to send a pic to confirm this but we think our verifications speak for themselves.

We don’t have much faith in arranging meets through fab as we’ve spent numerous hours speaking to people and trying to arrange things that ultimately don’t happen which is why we prefer clubs, we’ve had some amazing times with less hassle, that’s not to say we won’t meet through fab but we find it a chore.

We have been let down in the past by verified single guys so it’s not just couples profiles that can be fake although the single guys are more like dreamers and time wasters which again is another reason why we prefer clubs.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Maybe she is shy

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I read verifications and those that verified them. This ensures the verifications are current and they have a few of the known “real” couples or singles. I also cam/phone for a chat. I give people the benefit of the doubt, but am cautious all the same..

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

You can also detect os suspect a fake couple profile when each time when in the chat rooms you click on a couples cam and low and behold everytime without fail there is a close up cam of a bloke sat waiting with his cock in hand wanking, never the couple together.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Mr4 reads all the messages then replies as mrs4 now steadfastly refuses to due to past experiences and seems that most single males in our area think that after 3 or so called normal messages it's a given that it's ok then to send sexual messages ?? and agree on the cam bit though as we click on so called couples cams and it's normally just a solo male doing a wank cam as opposed to us ..where 99% it's us on cam together .. and we know we are real just selective and been called "Fake" due to our refusal to have "Fun" with people we like but not in a sexual way ..and just as many "Fake" single males on here as "Fake" couples ...

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Verifications help lots but of course it's difficult to get recent ones due to our current circumstances?

"You can also detect os suspect a fake couple profile when each time when in the chat rooms you click on a couples cam and low and behold everytime without fail there is a close up cam of a bloke sat waiting with his cock in hand wanking, never the couple together."

We have noticed a massive increase in this also.

We get put off cams lately for this very reason.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Verifications help lots but of course it's difficult to get recent ones due to our current circumstances?"

I think there are also some fake profiles that have what look like good verifications..its fake profiles verifying other fake profiles..

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Genuine couple here - but we don't do cam or phone calls. Oddly enough for a site like this, we find it awkward. However we'd be happy to provide a photo for verification - at least if asked we'd have a bit more faith that the person requesting it was genuine.

Bry does almost all the Fabbing - Char looks at everything but invariably when she replies to a guy, it very quickly turns into the guy pestering her for details of "naughty" things she's done. We're not here for providing wank fodder to single guys

By *lirtymr_mrsCouple  over a year ago

Stockton-on-Tees

I think our approach to fab cuts out a lot of the nonsense. We are here to meet people in person not have cyber relations. Which means we are only interested in seeing just enough pictures to have an idea what they look like, chat just enough to be certain conversation is likely to flow and that we aren't poles apart in world view. After that we just crack on to arrange a social soon as diaries and childcare allows.

If the people messaging us don't like that approach they are not suitable for us and get dropped. I would say most time wasters and fakes would probably prefer to stick at the early stages of this process rather than be drawn quickly through it so we never encounter them in real life.

Obviously COVID has put a stop to that process, but it has resulted in us just spending less time here so we aren't really suffering more fakes.

I would say people who are still working up their confidence for physical meets are more likely to be troubled by fakes because they never flush them into the real world, and at the same time feed them with lots of pictures and smut talk.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Always go on cam to assure that you are talking to who you think you are. It's no longer plausible when people say they don't have a webcam. Also make sure the couple both talk to you. We once had a couple on cam but they had no sound. Turns out the man just had the woman over his shoulder but she clearly wasn't looking at a swingers site. He presumably had something innocuous on his display with Fab in the background so it would appear they were both on together participating.

nr Stamford

"I think our approach to fab cuts out a lot of the nonsense. We are here to meet people in person not have cyber relations. Which means we are only interested in seeing just enough pictures to have an idea what they look like, chat just enough to be certain conversation is likely to flow and that we aren't poles apart in world view. After that we just crack on to arrange a social soon as diaries and childcare allows.

If the people messaging us don't like that approach they are not suitable for us and get dropped. I would say most time wasters and fakes would probably prefer to stick at the early stages of this process rather than be drawn quickly through it so we never encounter them in real life."

Just like us. Can't be doing with endless "good morning/evening" messages from people when we really just need a few messages to know something about them, then arrange a meet. It means that right now, with no meets on the horizon, we don't feel the need to expand our circle of contacts.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Interesting reading. I started messaging a 'couple' on Kik following a brief membership on here from them. Apparently she's very keen on a threesome with an older man and initially it was her messaging me with lots of photos and then was keen to meet and play out a cuckold scenario for her husband. Understandably I was suspicious particularly when the meeting was called off (I wasn't keen on the idea anyway due to lockdown). Now it's been admitted that some of the messages come from the husband as they share the Kik account. Personally I suspect I'm just helping to fuel some guys cuckold fantasies without his wife's knowledge however there is a part of me wondering whether it is a real scenario where they are interested but have gone about it the wrong way. From the comments above she may well be shy and having cold feet about actually taking it further. We are still in contact so time will tell I suppose.

As I think somebody else has mentioned above.. There are a few types of fakes.

1. A guy sets up a profile as a couple. .He isn't a couple, he just has fantasies and wants to see pictures of penises..

2. A guy who has a wife or girlfriend sets up a couples profile.. They have a good sex life, and take photos.. perhaps they even talk about fantasies.. He puts these photos up, and uses the profile. She doesn't know about it. Perhaps he intends to tell her.. But the longer it goes on, the harder that gets.

3. Genuine couples profile.. Might even have Veris. .But either they spilt, or she goes off the idea. He carries it on.

Generally, I think you can usually tell the difference. And as many people have said, a quick phone call is enough isn't it.

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"As I think somebody else has mentioned above.. There are a few types of fakes.

1. A guy sets up a profile as a couple. .He isn't a couple, he just has fantasies and wants to see pictures of penises..

2. A guy who has a wife or girlfriend sets up a couples profile.. They have a good sex life, and take photos.. perhaps they even talk about fantasies.. He puts these photos up, and uses the profile. She doesn't know about it. Perhaps he intends to tell her.. But the longer it goes on, the harder that gets.

3. Genuine couples profile.. Might even have Veris. .But either they spilt, or she goes off the idea. He carries it on.

Generally, I think you can usually tell the difference. And as many people have said, a quick phone call is enough isn't it. "

I come under category 3.

And to be fair even despite a pandemic lockdown I'm not actually doing too badly here in the way of messages and chat with people

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

I have just read an article in the Daily Mail about a soon to be ex policeman who has been convicted of harassing his ex wife. He set up a profile on here and forwarded pictures onto someone who unknown to him was a friend of his ex wife's. As a result I think we'll see a lot of 'couples' accounts being deleted for fear of current and ex wives and girlfriends finding out about their pictures being shared.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I have just read an article in the Daily Mail about a soon to be ex policeman who has been convicted of harassing his ex wife. He set up a profile on here and forwarded pictures onto someone who unknown to him was a friend of his ex wife's. As a result I think we'll see a lot of 'couples' accounts being deleted for fear of current and ex wives and girlfriends finding out about their pictures being shared."

As already said on here .. lots of blokes with bi fantasies or blokes who seem to think they make a great couple all on their own!

Not always the case but less chance of non verified non-payers £ being real and genuine.

Swap a few messages then ask for face pictures to match the nudeys they have already sent you to prove they are of course real people!

Or perhaps if you think there's a connection. Try a good old fashioned pre-arranged phone call. Say you expect to be able to speak to both partners. If one has suddenly gone to the shops, mothers, school, general emergency .. It's not going to look good. Arrange another call when she is back

If you/they are feeling brave do a zoom, skype video chat to say hello .. can't hide anything then!

If they won't do a least some of that they are more than likely fakey Mc fake !and should be avoided I would say .

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

It's almost always Jason no here for us. But we are verified and try to update videos every few weeks and also insist on a social first before any play is even considered.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

3 verifications or verified by someone we trust, always worked for us, a bit tough for newbies in lockdown but plenty of fish in the sea to allow genuine meets. Not into pic collectors or cam sex, both are likely to attract fakes, easier to walk away, met lots of great people and hope it continues soon.. happy fabbing

Teesside

"I (the male half of this couple) manage our profile as the wife doesn’t want fab on her phone due to the kids using it, however the wife sees everything on my phone and nothing is arranged unless it’s from us both.

We don’t want to cam to prove we’re genuine but would be happy to send a pic to confirm this but we think our verifications speak for themselves.

We don’t have much faith in arranging meets through fab as we’ve spent numerous hours speaking to people and trying to arrange things that ultimately don’t happen which is why we prefer clubs, we’ve had some amazing times with less hassle, that’s not to say we won’t meet through fab but we find it a chore.

We have been let down in the past by verified single guys so it’s not just couples profiles that can be fake although the single guys are more like dreamers and time wasters which again is another reason why we prefer clubs."

We could have written this exact post!

KJ

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

They are both called fred

Teesside

"I think our approach to fab cuts out a lot of the nonsense. We are here to meet people in person not have cyber relations. Which means we are only interested in seeing just enough pictures to have an idea what they look like, chat just enough to be certain conversation is likely to flow and that we aren't poles apart in world view. After that we just crack on to arrange a social soon as diaries and childcare allows.

If the people messaging us don't like that approach they are not suitable for us and get dropped. I would say most time wasters and fakes would probably prefer to stick at the early stages of this process rather than be drawn quickly through it so we never encounter them in real life.

Obviously COVID has put a stop to that process, but it has resulted in us just spending less time here so we aren't really suffering more fakes.

I would say people who are still working up their confidence for physical meets are more likely to be troubled by fakes because they never flush them into the real world, and at the same time feed them with lots of pictures and smut talk."

By *exandthesuburbans83Couple  over a year ago

EASTBOURNE

I would say people who are still working up their confidence for physical meets are more likely to be troubled by fakes because they never flush them into the real world, and at the same time feed them with lots of pictures and smut talk."

Spot on. We do ask for a picture with something random in just as a check before as well. That way it reduces the risk.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

The most common fakes we get are unverified couple profiles where we receive a message if just the guy can join us. So bloody obvious!

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

Trust your instincts as they are usually right x

^^^^^^^ This is the ultimate trick or get them to write something on a body part...the more unexpected the better

We get accused of it often.

By *randMrsJones500Couple  over a year ago

london

"We are a couple and the abuse we get of singles males, means we will end up blocking ALL males"
you seem to be allowing men to contact you but your profile says no males

By *lex 1971Man  over a year ago

telford

Bell them, guaranteed fake

nr Stamford

"We get accused of it often. "

You have an awesome profile. Ours ended up almost as long, then we cut almost all of it out but were gradually adding bits back. No-one reads it though :-/

By *ristenloveCouple  over a year ago

London

It is really simple either a videocall or ask a pic with a specific gest

By *ristenloveCouple  over a year ago

London

"We get accused of it often. "
you should just skype it ois easy

"We get accused of it often. you should just skype it ois easy"

Can’t risk screen records. It’s why she only shares on telegram

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"As I think somebody else has mentioned above.. There are a few types of fakes.

Generally, I think you can usually tell the difference. And as many people have said, a quick phone call is enough isn't it. "

I am pretty sure there are some couples that also have other fake profiles .,just to be a pain , it’s like a hobby, kicks etc

» Add a new message to this topic