FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > STI's through oral?

STI's through oral?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering can someone catch an sti through a blow job as in female from a male , or if male gives female oral?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" Just wondering can someone catch an sti through a blow job as in female from a male , or if male gives female oral?"

It is possible.. particularly herpes can be transmitted this way. It's not that common though. But if you're worried (and in an ideal world we'd all do this!) you can get dental dams to use for oral sex. I don't know anyone who does though!!

Just looked up dental dams, they don't look like something that I'd like to use. Wouldn't be able to use my tounge.

Yes human papilloma virus and herpes through cold sores and general oral hygene should be maintained at all times x

ahh so if you have cold sores or a mouth ulser you could catch them that way then.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I know someone who had.to tell her hubby that that girls night out left her.with a little present...

Gonorrhea, caught from giving a random a bj round.the back of city hall...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

it's a small risk but a very real one. I (F)insist on condoms for oral which doesn't go down (see what I did there lol) too well and I don't like receiving anyway but there are plenty who are willing to take the risk.

Frequent health checks are the way forward here.

Sheffield

Don't forget to ask for throat swabs

Yes exactly HPV and Herpes .... I think you looked up the wrong dental dam ... it's basically just a small square of latex or non-latex sheet that can be used between tongue and pussy/arse etc and obviously condoms can aslo be used for cocks.

Cling fil can also be substituted

Sheffield

The old cling film myth...

Just don't.

It may be non permeable but do you really want to start suggesting that it's ok to replace purpose designed and tested contraceptive barriers with a bit of cling?

Next thing you know a guy will be wrapping his cock and be affronted when he gets told no!

Dams can be got for free from most family planning and gum clinics.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"The old cling film myth...

Just don't.

It may be non permeable but do you really want to start suggesting that it's ok to replace purpose designed and tested contraceptive barriers with a bit of cling?

Next thing you know a guy will be wrapping his cock and be affronted when he gets told no!

Dams can be got for free from most family planning and gum clinics."

How sexy..'can I lick you through one of those in case you have a dose?'..

Perhaps that aspect of the play might be better left out completely..especially if the other party are not known to you..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Yes exactly HPV and Herpes .... I think you looked up the wrong dental dam ... it's basically just a small square of latex or non-latex sheet that can be used between tongue and pussy/arse etc and obviously condoms can aslo be used for cocks.

Cling fil can also be substituted"

what????? i cant believe you are suggesting that sexual health can be achieved by using cling film!!!

waiting to see what other houshold objects an be substituted for femidoms, condoms etc

yes there is a risk but only very small. some prefer to perorm oral with condoms...i think its like sucking a deflated balloon and makes my tongue go all funny.

As some one else says regualr testing for all is the way forward. its free and confidetial so why wouldnt you?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

For me it just isn't worth the worry but as I said before lots of people are happy to give and receive unprotected oral. All about choice and personal preference

I'm not "happy" to give unprotected oral but I've tried dental dams and condoms for oral and I don't like it at all, so I do tend to take the risk.

It's not ideal though.

I get tested and I prefer partners who get regularly tested, but you're relying on them being truthful about it, and not having been exposed to something nasty since the last test, (not to mention certain things that can take a while to show on a test).

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not "happy" to give unprotected oral but I've tried dental dams and condoms for oral and I don't like it at all, so I do tend to take the risk.

It's not ideal though.

I get tested and I prefer partners who get regularly tested, but you're relying on them being truthful about it, and not having been exposed to something nasty since the last test, (not to mention certain things that can take a while to show on a test)."

This is a genuine question and I intend no disrespect, if you're not "happy" to do it why do you? Do you feel it's expected or is it something you enjoy and you're prepared to weigh that against the risk?

"This is a genuine question and I intend no disrespect, if you're not "happy" to do it why do you? Do you feel it's expected or is it something you enjoy and you're prepared to weigh that against the risk?"

It's a fair question and perhaps I worded my post badly.

I don't do anything I don't want to, whether I feel it's expected or not, and I'd not expect anyone else to, under any circumstances.

I enjoy oral and that's why I accept the risk. I don't enjoy it nearly as much with condoms/dams. I can't say I am "happy" to accept the risk, but I do so knowingly and willingly.

I'm happy performing the act but willing rather than happy to accept the risk.

I hope that makes sense.

Wondering if someone can give me sone advice seeing as this thread is quite fresh.I arranged a meet with a girl on friday and stipulated that i am clean, disease free, and that i'd hate to get a coldsores.I had to mention it because i've always been paranoid of getting oneShe said she was too. Anyway she turned up, both of us got wankered and started kissing.Before long though i noticed that she had a blemish on her lip.At first i put it down to a red wine stain ir something but after a while i came out and asked her if she had a coldsore.She said she'd had one two days ago and that "there's nothing there now" I was quite annoyed by this and feel quite foolish.Then she started saying that i shouldn't worry because Im too old to get one and that she didnt even think it was a coldsore.I suddenly realised that she was either incredibly ignorant *and me incredibly trusting* or she just didn't want to tell me.The next day the blister seemed worse,angrier (although this could have been my paranoia) she's reassured me it isn't a coldsore and i and i understand if some of you find the incident trivial but can anyone share their thoughts? Welcome any advice!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"This is a genuine question and I intend no disrespect, if you're not "happy" to do it why do you? Do you feel it's expected or is it something you enjoy and you're prepared to weigh that against the risk?

It's a fair question and perhaps I worded my post badly.

I don't do anything I don't want to, whether I feel it's expected or not, and I'd not expect anyone else to, under any circumstances.

I enjoy oral and that's why I accept the risk. I don't enjoy it nearly as much with condoms/dams. I can't say I am "happy" to accept the risk, but I do so knowingly and willingly.

I'm happy performing the act but willing rather than happy to accept the risk.

I hope that makes sense."

Yes makes absolute sense. Thanks for yor answer

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Wondering if someone can give me sone advice seeing as this thread is quite fresh.I arranged a meet with a girl on friday and stipulated that i am clean, disease free, and that i'd hate to get a coldsores.I had to mention it because i've always been paranoid of getting oneShe said she was too. Anyway she turned up, both of us got wankered and started kissing.Before long though i noticed that she had a blemish on her lip.At first i put it down to a red wine stain ir something but after a while i came out and asked her if she had a coldsore.She said she'd had one two days ago and that "there's nothing there now" I was quite annoyed by this and feel quite foolish.Then she started saying that i shouldn't worry because Im too old to get one and that she didnt even think it was a coldsore.I suddenly realised that she was either incredibly ignorant *and me incredibly trusting* or she just didn't want to tell me.The next day the blister seemed worse,angrier (although this could have been my paranoia) she's reassured me it isn't a coldsore and i and i understand if some of you find the incident trivial but can anyone share their thoughts? Welcome any advice!"

I don't think your concerns are trivial. I think all you can do is wait and see if you do find you get a cold sore there are a lot of products on the market that can help. Did she give you oral?

Yes which is even more worrying

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes which is even more worrying "

Ok, I'm not sure on incubation times for these things but your local gum clinic will be able to give you up-to-date, accurate, no questions asked advice I would really encourage you to pay them a visit

Yes you're right.Don't know who i'm more pissed off with, me for being so trusting or her for being so irresponsable! It might very well be a cut on her lip as she explained but i'm preparing for the worst

You can catch oropharyngeal gonorrhea from kissing is you kiss someone whos infected with it

Aw don't say that! Anyone got the number for the monks helpline?lol

"Wondering if someone can give me sone advice seeing as this thread is quite fresh.I arranged a meet with a girl on friday and stipulated that i am clean, disease free, and that i'd hate to get a coldsores.I had to mention it because i've always been paranoid of getting oneShe said she was too. Anyway she turned up, both of us got wankered and started kissing.Before long though i noticed that she had a blemish on her lip.At first i put it down to a red wine stain ir something but after a while i came out and asked her if she had a coldsore.She said she'd had one two days ago and that "there's nothing there now" I was quite annoyed by this and feel quite foolish.Then she started saying that i shouldn't worry because Im too old to get one and that she didnt even think it was a coldsore.I suddenly realised that she was either incredibly ignorant *and me incredibly trusting* or she just didn't want to tell me.The next day the blister seemed worse,angrier (although this could have been my paranoia) she's reassured me it isn't a coldsore and i and i understand if some of you find the incident trivial but can anyone share their thoughts? Welcome any advice!"

seriously why are you being so paranoid about a cold sore?

tho it is a strain of herpes its not classed as a STI, anyone can get a cold sore , even people who arnt sexually active, they can just accure on their own without having contact with others, usually when your bodies run down, i honestly think your over reacting

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Wondering if someone can give me sone advice seeing as this thread is quite fresh.I arranged a meet with a girl on friday and stipulated that i am clean, disease free, and that i'd hate to get a coldsores.I had to mention it because i've always been paranoid of getting oneShe said she was too. Anyway she turned up, both of us got wankered and started kissing.Before long though i noticed that she had a blemish on her lip.At first i put it down to a red wine stain ir something but after a while i came out and asked her if she had a coldsore.She said she'd had one two days ago and that "there's nothing there now" I was quite annoyed by this and feel quite foolish.Then she started saying that i shouldn't worry because Im too old to get one and that she didnt even think it was a coldsore.I suddenly realised that she was either incredibly ignorant *and me incredibly trusting* or she just didn't want to tell me.The next day the blister seemed worse,angrier (although this could have been my paranoia) she's reassured me it isn't a coldsore and i and i understand if some of you find the incident trivial but can anyone share their thoughts? Welcome any advice!

seriously why are you being so paranoid about a cold sore?

tho it is a strain of herpes its not classed as a STI, anyone can get a cold sore , even people who arnt sexually active, they can just accure on their own without having contact with others, usually when your bodies run down, i honestly think your over reacting"

He's concerned because she gave him oral

Over reacting? Not really- if it was one, and we did have oral, i could also end up with genital herpies.It's a life-changer, all of a sudden you have a visible, painfull affliction that you are then in danger of giving to someone else.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

in all probability it was a cut as she said. Try not to worry too much

Here's hoping! Thanks for the advice

can you catch genital herpes from a cold sore?

im off to research this

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"can you catch genital herpes from a cold sore?

im off to research this "

I don't think so, think it is a different strain

Yes you can, trust me,i've done enogh research today for both of us!

GUM clinic for you tomorrow morning i think

"can you catch genital herpes from a cold sore?"

Yes it's possible.

im off to research this

I don't think so, think it is a different strain"

it is a different strain genital herpes is HSV-2, oral is HSV-1 but they can be passed between the two areas

Tho by all accounts cold sores are at their most infectious when they are in the early stages and invisible to the eye so if you could see it you have less change of catching anything

you live and learn dont you lol

and to think other week people laughed at me when i said i used condoms for oral lol

That said, I have dry, sensitive skin, sometimes (rarely now, thankfully, and then usually only in winter) I get cracked skin and a small sore at one corner of my mouth. It looks like a cold sore but isn't, and it's not contagious in any way.

It may not have been a cold sore. It does sound suspicious that she said nothing, then when questioned said she had one that had gone, and was so evasive about it. Don't panic now, but do get checked out as soon as possible.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

im off to research this

I don't think so, think it is a different strain

it is a different strain genital herpes is HSV-2, oral is HSV-1 but they can be passed between the two areas

Tho by all accounts cold sores are at their most infectious when they are in the early stages and invisible to the eye so if you could see it you have less change of catching anything

you live and learn dont you lol"

thanks for that xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"and to think other week people laughed at me when i said i used condoms for oral lol"

I get odd looks from guys when I insist and often get a hopeful uncovered cock waved in my face lol.

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"That said, I have dry, sensitive skin, sometimes (rarely now, thankfully, and then usually only in winter) I get cracked skin and a small sore at one corner of my mouth. It looks like a cold sore but isn't, and it's not contagious in any way.

It may not have been a cold sore. It does sound suspicious that she said nothing, then when questioned said she had one that had gone, and was so evasive about it. Don't panic now, but do get checked out as soon as possible."

I have a birthmark on the inside of my mouth, it is a vascular something or other...do not know the tecnical name...lol...but the only part that is visible on the outside of my mouth is on the right hand corner of my bottom lip...I had some guy freak at me asking if it was a cold sore...had to go into lengthly conversation about the whole thing ..even show him scars from where I have had bits of the birthmark removed in the past...lol

Sheffield

The concern with coldsores is that if you have never suffered you probably don't have any of the herpes viruses. But once you have it you have it for life.

The sores usually appear when your immune system is low or compromised - that's why they are called cold sores, not caused by the common cold virus, but often occur when the body has been fighting the cold virus.

Go and see your go or practice nurse or family planning clinic or genito urinary medicine clinic and get a qualified opinion.

By *irlsonfilmWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The level of misinformation on this thread is staggering.

I work in a pharmacy and can confirm that HSV1 coldsores & HSV2 Genital herpes are 2 strains of the same virus.

Receiving oral from someone with a coldsore will give you herpes.

Giving oral to someone with herpes will give you HSV1.

Not 100% certain but more than likely.

If someone with either HSV is not having an outbreak then with use of condoms/dams you will be quite safe (the virus lays dormant in your nervous system; certain triggers such as stress will cause the coldsore or herpes sore to erupt).

If the person is taking Acyclovir medication this also helps.

People on this thread keep empahsising regular testing as if this will help you avoid HSV...it won't! It will only tell you that you have or have not caught it.

Do you know how many prescriptions of acyclovir I dispense every day? LOTS of people have HSV2 and many many more have coldsores.

The people who come with prescriptions for herpes meds are often ashamed..you can see it in their eyes...yet people with coldsores openly ask for and buy Zovirax (topical acyclovir).

Why the different in attitudes? Not sure but be aware...25% of sexually active people have HSV.

Happy swinging

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"Yes exactly HPV and Herpes .... I think you looked up the wrong dental dam ... it's basically just a small square of latex or non-latex sheet that can be used between tongue and pussy/arse etc and obviously condoms can aslo be used for cocks.

Cling fil can also be substituted

what????? i cant believe you are suggesting that sexual health can be achieved by using cling film!!!

waiting to see what other houshold objects an be substituted for femidoms, condoms etc

yes there is a risk but only very small. some prefer to perorm oral with condoms...i think its like sucking a deflated balloon and makes my tongue go all funny.

As some one else says regualr testing for all is the way forward. its free and confidetial so why wouldnt you?"

Tin foil?

West

Why the different in attitudes? Not sure but be aware...25% of sexually active people have HSV

-----------------------------------------

Nice!

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

"The level of misinformation on this thread is staggering.

I work in a pharmacy and can confirm that HSV1 coldsores & HSV2 Genital herpes are 2 strains of the same virus.

If someone with either HSV is not having an outbreak then with use of condoms/dams you will be quite safe (the virus lays dormant in your nervous system; certain triggers such as stress will cause the coldsore or herpes sore to erupt).

People on this thread keep empahsising regular testing as if this will help you avoid HSV...it won't! It will only tell you that you have or have not caught it.

Do you know how many prescriptions of acyclovir I dispense every day? LOTS of people have HSV2 and many many more have coldsores.

The people who come with prescriptions for herpes meds are often ashamed..you can see it in their eyes...yet people with coldsores openly ask for and buy Zovirax (topical acyclovir).

Why the different in attitudes? Not sure but be aware...25% of sexually active people have HSV.

Happy swinging "

I'm.glad someone with some real facts stepped in p.s my dentist uses dental dam on me sometimes when he is fixing my.dodgy tooth and I wouldn't wanna lick that stuff its nasty lol!!

West

"

I'm.glad someone with some real facts stepped in p.s my dentist uses dental dam on me sometimes when he is fixing my.dodgy tooth and I wouldn't wanna lick that stuff its nasty lol!! "

Anything for a bit of 'action' though eh...

By *endo121Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Is it common to receive chylamida and gono come from receiving oral?

Sheffield

"Is it common to receive chylamida and gono come from receiving oral?"

Not common but possible.

Oh and the dental dams dentists use are heavy duty ones - the ones for sexual use are like a flat square of.condom.

"The level of misinformation on this thread is staggering.

Happy swinging "

Wow cheers for that!!

learn something new every day!!

with so many risks i think i shall buy myself a giant condom and cover myself from head to toe and lock myself in a padded room lol can someone remind me why we have sex haha

» Add a new message to this topic