FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Couple No Show

Couple No Show

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, it would seem that it's not just Single Guys who no show or talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Spent a week in congersation with a couple.. had a meet planned for Saturday evening, everything was set up, meet them in pub and back to mine..

Me.

changed bedding, ensured house was warm enough for the fun that was scheduled to happen then off to pub I go.

Them.

At time of meet, no show... 15 mins i thought then I would message. Messaged on Whatsapp. Nothing, checked profile, User Not available... so no call, text or message apologising...

This morning recognise a new profile as having same pictures...

But it is me as single guy who gets the bad press..lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Sorry to hear you were stood up. I have been too and it's not nice. I wonder why they have gone to the trouble of making a new profile ?

Leeds

Have you messaged the new profile ?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Have you reported them OP?

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

Block and report OP.

It's shit when it happens.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Were they well verified? They may not actually be a couple!

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Arranged to meet a couple in S France Exchanged many texts here and abroad they kept saying meet at such and such bar but when I asked bar stsdf they said yes they were there but moved on Found a massive phone bill back home

BUT best thing ever because I found Cap D agde Wow what a place Ended up meeting many other genuine Couples

Idiots did apologize but never offered to pay for phone bill let alone cost of flights Worth every penny

By *arol321Woman  over a year ago

Poole

Sadly it happens a fair bit on here. I don’t understand why people do this. If you’ve changed your mind fine - but let people know don’t just leave them hanging, that’s just rude and ignorant.

Sorry this happened OP just think of it as you dodged a bullet, and enjoy your lovely clean sheets and warm home!

By *teph BitchTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

I've had people message me for ages and then they want to meet - turn up as planned and then they shut door in face and throw abuse and sometimes spit. Not at all nice behaviour especially when I'd done nothing wrong.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

I have been messed around also with a couple so it’s not only you lol.

I guess the guy had a good wank over it.

By *arol321Woman  over a year ago

Poole

"I've had people message me for ages and then they want to meet - turn up as planned and then they shut door in face and throw abuse and sometimes spit. Not at all nice behaviour especially when I'd done nothing wrong."

What! That’s horrendous. What awful people.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

As a single guy I experienced this a couple of times. Which as a single parent was very frustrating when you've got little kid free time and made special arrangements, booked a room etc (although didn't stop me making the best of a rest from the kids in a nice room). Hasn't really happened to us as a couple because we tend to leave our hooking up to in the clubs. Clubs remove this problem.

Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast and happens to most of us. Sometimes because life gets in the way, sometimes because people feel they have a better offer elsewhere and sometimes just a change of mind. We are all free individuals and don't really owe anyone anything. But it is unfortunate and especially when people do things in a shitty way or just totally go to ground without contact.

By *IG G77Man  over a year ago

GATLEY

Happens to all single guys and happened to me as well

Ruins it for all the genuine ones

By *ouple4funxxagainxxCouple  over a year ago

mold

Had same a couple of years ago. Lots of chatting ,set up a meeting in hotel halfway, paid for room. Still messaging 15 minutes before arranged time stating they were nearby. An hour later still no show, no replies to our messages then they hid their profile.

Frustrating and disappointing.

We hardly get time to play much so a lot of time and effort not to mention expense to ultimately be let down. What is inexcusable is no mess why, we would understand nerves taking over etc but this was a supposedly verified couple. ??

By *ewhorizonsCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

That’s rubbish OP, my sympathies. It’s just basic common decency to let you know if it’s not happening. Unfortunately a lot of people in our society seem to lack those manners.

I think this is the main reason people lose interest in this site.

By *ilianBaldCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Happened to us this weekend. I'm sure someone got off winding him up but in the end I was the one who received his attention. Getting to be a habit though. Some strange folks on here. Beginning to wonder if this is worth the money.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"So, it would seem that it's not just Single Guys who no show or talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Spent a week in congersation with a couple.. had a meet planned for Saturday evening, everything was set up, meet them in pub and back to mine..

Me.

changed bedding, ensured house was warm enough for the fun that was scheduled to happen then off to pub I go.

Them.

At time of meet, no show... 15 mins i thought then I would message. Messaged on Whatsapp. Nothing, checked profile, User Not available... so no call, text or message apologising...

"

Sorry to hear this as they discarded the profile and set up another I'm guessing they weren't meet verified?

Did you speak to the lady on either the phone or web cam? If you didn't and they were not meet verified then the chances are you were chatting to a solo male pretending to be a couple which is sadly common with these of accounts.

Your profile says can't accomodate but obviously you can I would consider changing this as it might help in terms of attracting genuine accounts.

Good luck

KJ

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Where they a genuine couple? Did they have verifications etc

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

We’ve been fortunate that they’ve at least had the decency to let us know they can’t make it.

Try not to be disappointed too much, it the minority that act like that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the site should be able to rank profiles based on who turns up on there appoints and those that don't.

Instead of verifications the site should have reviews which are both good and bad this will help one to know what to expect.

I got stood by a some couple saying there dad had covid on the day of the meeting..

Not turning up seems like a common kink these days..

Teesside

"Were they well verified? They may not actually be a couple!"

Highly unlikely given the ditched the profile after and set up another. Sounds like a number of red flags were present.

I'd be interested in knowing did the OP get to speak to the female of the couple either on the phone or over webcam prior to the meet.

KJ

Seems to me, it's possibly likely a single guy fantasist.

Were the profile verified in any way?

Was there anything to suggest there is definitely a lady attached to the profile?.

As mentioned, a call is a good way to be sure, if there are no verifications.

However, Mrs Cheeky doesn't talk over the phone if she can help it, so but necessarily a red flag if not.

We are though verified both via several people and photo.

By *ebwizMan  over a year ago

Clevedon

Happened to us years ago on a club meet arranged. He never showed up. Couldnt get hold of him, we even stayed in a room,. Eventually came up with a lame excuse for why he couldn't get there. I think that was the start of the end of us doing any meets and ultimately she moved away from the whole scene.

Clubs are where the fun is at. Plenty off people to chat to, don't have to ping pong message for weeks on end. 99% are friendly and up for a good time.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

As said earlier manners are a dying art it seems as a couple we have been stood up on the night ,let down day before and have transport and hotel booked ,now we don't get many meets as I'm very picky they have to chat to me for a while not a couple of hours and must have good veris ,but even that doesn't mean they won't let you down hence we tend to only meet guys who we haven't before and know will turn up but it's a shitty thing to do to anyone ,brave behind a keyboard.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

It happens a lot on here , we were new booked hotel and had a no show , think yours could be single pretending to be a couple , that’s why we no longer send our pics as they can be used on false accounts, you were right to arrange a pub meet , that’s what we plan to do in future when we stop our club meets , we prefer the club scene at the moment , as if the guy or couple don’t show , there is plenty of others looking to have fun , I do insist on social meet with guys alone first before I introduce wife to them , unfortunately this site is full of time wasters and dreamers who want to live out there fantasies

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

They'll always be time wasters & those that are just here for the chase, be they single guys, girls or couples, you just hear the single guy stories more as there are obviously a higher percentage of single guys on the site

With couples profiles always make sure they gave veri's & that both the male & female were met/seen as I'm sure there are plenty of fake couples profiles on here too where on the day the guy will turn up & say, sorry my partner was ill but we didn't want to let you down

Have been blocked from new profile.. i had spoke to both the male and female via phone prior to the night of the meet. All seemed genuine then boom.

They had 2 verificiations. Last one was Dec last year..

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Sorry to hear it has happened to you OP, but then again it happens to so many of us that it becomes the norm to hear that people have been let down.

It seems to me like they had their kicks in the thrill of the chase and had no intention of going through with it. Hence why they deleted the profile, started again, and blocked you... the latest victim of their fun. Sad to say that so many people get their kicks this way.

To paraphrase another poster:

"Happens to all (Insert profile type here) and happened to (me/us) as well

Ruins it for all the genuine ones

"

Teesside

"Have been blocked from new profile.. i had spoke to both the male and female via phone prior to the night of the meet. All seemed genuine then boom.

They had 2 verificiations. Last one was Dec last year.."

It's crazy they would throw away a verified account and create a new one when they could have just blocked you and carried on.

Sadly there's a lot of timewasters, keyboard fantasists on fab these days.

If you want to meet real swingers we would recommend going to a swinging club.

KJ

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It's seems to be more and more common this op, sorry you had it happen, it's piss poor standing people up and not contacting you before hand.

Please block and report like others said.

By *ugRollersCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

It’s a bit like the marketplace innit… the promise of someone coming to collect an item and then 5 minutes before … wham believe it or not their car has broken down …. Well isn’t that a coincidence! Take it on the chin and move on… time wasters galore on here x

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"So, it would seem that it's not just Single Guys who no show or talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Me.

Them.

"

It's rotten when this happens. Did you actually speak to or see both of them online? Asking because there's a lot of couples accounts beong run by single guys and this has the whiff of that unless you can confirm otherwise. If they are a genuine couple there's really no excuse for a no show like this.

You're not getting any bad press from where we're standing by the way. There are loads of dodgy guys here though and they rightly get the stick they deserve.

Bexley

Anyone wanting to meet couples here should ascertain tat they're actually communicating with a real couple very early on. Ask to see them on cam briefly or chat to both and if they won't do that and dirty chat is all they want then draw your own conclusions. Sadly lots of losers out there derive their pleasure from teasing and generally mucking about other people. Be warned.

I've been messed about by so many couples I use clubs now. One met me for a social then just sent Kik messages about their sex life and cancelled every meet set up after til I told em to do one.

Another didn't turn up and text to say getting in shower ten minutes before meet.

Odd behaviour.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I find some just like to talk the talk but not walk the walk. Just the thought of meeting and chatting about it seems to be their kink. Doesn’t do anything for me, so any initial meet is now in a club/party so if they don’t turn up it doesn’t matter.

Also I keep the conversation quite clean and that tends to put of the fantasists off as well. Sorry to read about your night OP, but nothing better than getting into a bed with clean sheets, so a win win in my eyes.

Bexley

"I've been messed about by so many couples I use clubs now. One met me for a social then just sent Kik messages about their sex life and cancelled every meet set up after til I told em to do one.

Another didn't turn up and text to say getting in shower ten minutes before meet.

Odd behaviour. "

Did you see or talk to any of them or just take their word on trust?

I met the first couple. In a bar

They were as real as can be.

The second no. I think we WhatsApped.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

This is classic fantasist territory. We're currently in initial discussions with a couple and have exchanged a number of messages now.

We've got to the stage where I've asked the other couple to have a 4 way phone call.

The message received was positive, but I won't exchange any further messages until we get that voice communication.

Once we do, and once we feel from the conversation that we are all on the same page, we'll move on to the next step.

If the telephone conversation doesn't happen, we don't go any further forward.

I always assume any couple contact to be a single male pretending until I get proof otherwise.

It's not only that though, as seems to have happened here, there did appear to be a conversation with the female but they then didn't show up. It could be that the male was getting the female to bait people.

I really don't get it. Either you want a meet or you don't. What do people get out of leading people on who have absolutely no intention of meeting?

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"I've been messed about by so many couples I use clubs now. One met me for a social then just sent Kik messages about their sex life and cancelled every meet set up after til I told em to do one.

Odd behaviour.

Did you see or talk to any of them or just take their word on trust?

"

I'll bet my last penny these are unverified couples accounts.

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Me.

Them.

"

No shows are part and parcel of fab. Are you sure it was even a couple? Plenty of couples/females profiles are fake accounts created with the intent of messing folk around.

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

This appears to be the minority ruining it for genuine peeps. I don’t get many meetings but tend to arrange for clubs then if they don’t show or no chemistry then always some more about. It’s frustrating

By *ustfortheforumsWoman  over a year ago

no

Me.

Them.

"

This has happened to me many times, I’m sorry you have been mugged off.

I’ve also had the situation where “just the Male half can meet”.

Now I’ve made a rule if I don’t hear anything the night before. Then I will take that as they wasn’t interested.

By *ayleedsMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Happened to me last week chatted got address (well they sent an address) set off house was in darkness sent several messages on hear no ans then tonight they came on line first time in 6 days and message me saying ohh you turned up too late so went in Bath

no

"Happened to me last week chatted got address (well they sent an address) set off house was in darkness sent several messages on hear no ans then tonight they came on line first time in 6 days and message me saying ohh you turned up too late so went in Bath "

Annnndddd that’s why ladies and gentlemen why you should triple check.

For real though that seems like bs, I had a couple do the exact same, kicker is though that they met someone on the same day

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Happened to me last week chatted got address (well they sent an address) set off house was in darkness sent several messages on hear no ans then tonight they came on line first time in 6 days and message me saying ohh you turned up too late so went in Bath "

They get a bath in the dark?

Leeds

"Happened to me last week chatted got address (well they sent an address) set off house was in darkness sent several messages on hear no ans then tonight they came on line first time in 6 days and message me saying ohh you turned up too late so went in Bath

They get a bath in the dark?"

ha ha that's whot I said she replayed I took too long to get thair

Leeds

"Happened to me last week chatted got address (well they sent an address) set off house was in darkness sent several messages on hear no ans then tonight they came on line first time in 6 days and message me saying ohh you turned up too late so went in Bath

They get a bath in the dark?"

also says u blocked me

Leeds

How late did you turn up ?

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

A lady friend and I had arrangements with a single guy few years back. He was on his way, messaged to say stuck in traffic blah blah, looked at gps distance on fab when starting to wonder as he wasn't getting any closer......

Hung around a while and his messages got less frequent til he went silent and obv didn't show.

We said sod it and went to a club, but you think that if it really was his fantasy that he'd have shown up!? Next day we had both individually been blocked! Lol

By *inkyfuckery69Couple  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

We have arranged 21 socials in 3 years and 20 of them were no shows , .....!

no

"A lady friend and I had arrangements with a single guy few years back. He was on his way, messaged to say stuck in traffic blah blah, looked at gps distance on fab when starting to wonder as he wasn't getting any closer......

Hung around a while and his messages got less frequent til he went silent and obv didn't show.

We said sod it and went to a club, but you think that if it really was his fantasy that he'd have shown up!? Next day we had both individually been blocked! Lol "

What I’ve noticed, especially on fab and sites like fab, is that a lot of people just have fantasies, like they think they like something or think they want to try it. Let’s say for example 3somes. They say to themselves oh I want to have a 3some, and when it comes down to it really it’s just an idea they like. Not actually going through with it.

After going to a club recently I realised a lot of people who are interested or involved in the swingers space, are the ones that will be real with you, or are up front of what they want. Where’s I find the people who just say oh I need to know your real face time me. Without picking a date are the same ones who are going to mess you about.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Been stood up quite a few times over the years by 'couples' holidaying in Fuerte. We spend most days nude on the beach anyway, so now we just say where we'll be and if they turn up they turn up, if not it isn't a wasted day/evening hanging about.

Works well for us.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

When I first signed up I think my first 4 or 5 meets were no-shows.

I stopped talking sex, insist on a social and always have the social somewhere I am happy to go on my own. It seems to have ed out some of the fantasists as they aren't getting wank fodder from me so give up before a meeting is planned. I've not been stood up now in a good while.

If I do get stood up I figure I've had an enjoyable time in a cafe or bar I like, reading my book over a nice drink, no big deal.

It happens to most of us at some point OP.

By *iss_Cali_xxCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"

I got stood by a some couple saying there dad had covid on the day of the meeting..

"

Same exact reason was given to me the morning of our last arranged meet. He'd gone a bit quiet the week leading up to it but assured us all was still fine, then the morning of got that message.

no

"

Same exact reason was given to me the morning of our last arranged meet. He'd gone a bit quiet the week leading up to it but assured us all was still fine, then the morning of got that message. "

Oh my, I had a message like that, I told them (couple) that I wish their family member a speedy recovery.

(Turns out family member died ages ago)

Did you verify there was actually a female? Haven't read the whole thread so ya know

"Did you verify there was actually a female? Haven't read the whole thread so ya know "

Spoke to them on Mobile and saw on cam..

Over the years I’ve been here, I’ve been stood up loads of times. It seems like for everyone genuine one, there’s ten taking the piss!

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"We have arranged 21 socials in 3 years and 20 of them were no shows , .....! "

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"A lady friend and I had arrangements with a single guy few years back. He was on his way, messaged to say stuck in traffic blah blah, looked at gps distance on fab when starting to wonder as he wasn't getting any closer......

We said sod it and went to a club, but you think that if it really was his fantasy that he'd have shown up!? Next day we had both individually been blocked! Lol "

Bloody hell. It's hard enough finding a lady to join the missus and I for a 3sum but as a guy who plays solo as well, thata like finding the golden ticket for a Chichester factory and winning the lottery in one go......

Op can complain about people on fab targeting single guys all be likes but fact is, in 24 years we have only been let down by single guys and ita an aboualte given when we do social events (where you must at least be photo verified for an invite), if we put 15 single fellas on the guest list, 80% won't turn up...Meanwhile nearly all the couples and single ladies turn up or at least tell us if they can't make it.

Ypu can be a "legit guy" all you like on here. Sad fact is, the majority are clearly not.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Me.

Them.

"

It's happened to all of us at some point.

no

We said sod it and went to a club, but you think that if it really was his fantasy that he'd have shown up!? Next day we had both individually been blocked! Lol

Bloody hell. It's hard enough finding a lady to join the missus and I for a 3sum but as a guy who plays solo as well, thata like finding the golden ticket for a Chichester factory and winning the lottery in one go......

Op can complain about people on fab targeting single guys all be likes but fact is, in 24 years we have only been let down by single guys and ita an aboualte given when we do social events (where you must at least be photo verified for an invite), if we put 15 single fellas on the guest list, 80% won't turn up...Meanwhile nearly all the couples and single ladies turn up or at least tell us if they can't make it.

Ypu can be a "legit guy" all you like on here. Sad fact is, the majority are clearly not.

"

Honestly my theory is that the people that ask or send endless pictures are the ones who are not going to turn up. Where the ones that don’t ask for anything or listen to you are the ones you should be putting your energy on

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

"Sorry to hear you were stood up. I have been too and it's not nice. I wonder why they have gone to the trouble of making a new profile ? "

Pardon me

You've been stood up...?

To put it mildly they must me bloody morons..

Leeds

"

Pardon me

You've been stood up...?

To put it mildly they must me bloody morons.."

I've been stood up twice

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

What I’ve noticed, especially on fab and sites like fab, is that a lot of people just have fantasies, like they think they like something or think they want to try it. Let’s say for example 3somes. They say to themselves oh I want to have a 3some, and when it comes down to it really it’s just an idea they like. Not actually going through with it.

After going to a club recently I realised a lot of people who are interested or involved in the swingers space, are the ones that will be real with you, or are up front of what they want. Where’s I find the people who just say oh I need to know your real face time me. Without picking a date are the same ones who are going to mess you about.

"

Hence I'm all about clubs and have been for a long time....

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Hence I'm all about clubs and have been for a long time.... "

Although I sympathise with the OP, because I’ve been let down by couples (and single females) for private meets, the club scene doesn’t work for everyone

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Being stood up is the lowest of the low.

Putting the heating on. I think that was the moment you lost lost your sense of reality. Lol.

By *teph BitchTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

Name and shame them

"Name and shame them"

Will that not get you a ban?

no

Hence I'm all about clubs and have been for a long time....

Although I sympathise with the OP, because I’ve been let down by couples (and single females) for private meets, the club scene doesn’t work for everyone "

I totally get that the clubs are not for everyone. But from my experience that’s seems to be the way forward, especially with how fab is now

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 24/10/21 18:58:46]

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

"

Pardon me

You've been stood up...?

To put it mildly they must me bloody morons..

I've been stood up twice"

I've seen a number of posts by yourself in numerous threads and I reckon you're not a woman who suffers fools lightly so it wont have been the same guy twice.

Still it beggars belief that theres 2 guys sorry morons on here that would pass an encounte with yourself...

By *erbySwingersCouple  over a year ago

South Derby

We had arranged a meet in a pub 20miles from us a few yrs back. We had spoken on the phone to both parties on several occasions. We agreed a time and place and turned up as agreed. No contact then 30 mins late a text to say held up and on way. One hr later nothing. Text several times and rang twice, nothing. We text 2hrs after arriving to say forget it. We then spotted them in the corner with another couple. We were well pissed off and as we left we could see them laughing. Reported to admin who removed them. Now we give it 20mins and leave.

» Add a new message to this topic