FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Quick question!

Quick question!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If I was to think about hosting a swingers dinner party to both have fun (obvs) and raise money for charity, who’d be interested?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Bump

By *egvisir71Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Sounds interesting

"Sounds interesting "

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Make sure the chosen charity will accept the money

Derbyshire

"Sounds interesting

"

How many people are you thinking and just couples or anyone welcome?

Derbyshire

"Make sure the chosen charity will accept the money "

Why would they not accept money from a fundraising dinner party?

By *rangesmartieWoman  over a year ago

Devon

Would be like a come dine with me set up?

Or more a friend's dinner with possible play?

By *ewCoupleHXCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"Make sure the chosen charity will accept the money

Why would they not accept money from a fundraising dinner party? "

Let's say it's a children's charity for arguments sake, money raised from a swingers group may do more harm than good to them. All will depend on the charity and most have a code of conduct about funds they receive.

Another example could be charities declining money raised from legal hunting events.

All the best for the initiative to OP

Why would they not accept money from a fundraising dinner party? "

I work in the charity sector they’ll accept it

Let's say it's a children's charity for arguments sake, money raised from a swingers group may do more harm than good to them. All will depend on the charity and most have a code of conduct about funds they receive.

Another example could be charities declining money raised from legal hunting events.

"

Thank you

"Would be like a come dine with me set up?

Or more a friend's dinner with possible play?

"

A friends dinner with possible play

"

I’d just donate the money anonymously

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"

Do you have to declare how the money was raised then? Couldn't you just pop it in a tin or envelope?

Do you have to declare how the money was raised then? Couldn't you just pop it in a tin or envelope?"

You don’t have to declare how it was raised, can just donate the funds to chosen charity via their website. I’d like to raise funds for a charity dedicated to male mental health!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you have to declare how the money was raised then? Couldn't you just pop it in a tin or envelope?

You don’t have to declare how it was raised, can just donate the funds to chosen charity via their website. I’d like to raise funds for a charity dedicated to male mental health! "

Sounds great OP, very good cause and one that a lot of people struggle with, great idea x

You don’t have to declare how it was raised, can just donate the funds to chosen charity via their website. I’d like to raise funds for a charity dedicated to male mental health!

Sounds great OP, very good cause and one that a lot of people struggle with, great idea x"

It’s a personal one for me…..my 19 year old son had mental health struggles last year that ended up with him being hospitalised so I’d like to do my bit

By *ewCoupleHXCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I’d just donate the money anonymously "

Ahh thought you were thinking something like "swingathon for ...insert charity name"

I’d just donate the money anonymously

Ahh thought you were thinking something like "swingathon for ...insert charity name""

Noooooooo lol

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Sounds great OP, very good cause and one that a lot of people struggle with, great idea x

It’s a personal one for me…..my 19 year old son had mental health struggles last year that ended up with him being hospitalised so I’d like to do my bit "

Sounds like a great idea and a very worthy cause. I help with fundraising at my local Swinging Club and we've never had an issue with raising money for various charities...local foodbank, homeless charity, Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer and a children's charity in the last couple of years. Our next event is for a Mental Health charity (not sure which one yet) but there is a huge need for this.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

One thing to consider is a big meal will put people off having fun afterwards. Choose something light to eat.

"One thing to consider is a big meal will put people off having fun afterwards. Choose something light to eat. "

Thinking more like fine dining so not huge portions a bit like a tasting menu with wine accompaniment

It’s a personal one for me…..my 19 year old son had mental health struggles last year that ended up with him being hospitalised so I’d like to do my bit

Sounds like a great idea and a very worthy cause. I help with fundraising at my local Swinging Club and we've never had an issue with raising money for various charities...local foodbank, homeless charity, Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer and a children's charity in the last couple of years. Our next event is for a Mental Health charity (not sure which one yet) but there is a huge need for this. "

Most definitely! S**cide is the biggest cause of death for men under 45!

Derbyshire

"One thing to consider is a big meal will put people off having fun afterwards. Choose something light to eat.

Thinking more like fine dining so not huge portions a bit like a tasting menu with wine accompaniment "

Sounds lovely

"One thing to consider is a big meal will put people off having fun afterwards. Choose something light to eat.

Thinking more like fine dining so not huge portions a bit like a tasting menu with wine accompaniment

Sounds lovely "

I’d say go for it

Any charity is always grateful of a donation no matter how big or small

Sounds a good idea x

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Sure

By *enatton2Couple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Playing for charity.... interesting lol

By *riSiMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Brilliant idea, you could have food themed games at the table, truth or dare, sexy quiz or dice game. Can't think of any negatives to be honest other than a potential cleaning bill. Good luck.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Would the charity be the Misfits Benevolent Fund by any chance?

» Add a new message to this topic