FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Messages Vanishing

Messages Vanishing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was recently having a decent back and forth with some local to me, no problems whatsoever

One day I log in to see all our messages have vanished from my sent and inbox with no trace of them. Does this mean they have left the site completely? I never friended them.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Yes, I think that’s what happens.

If they have posted in the forum, the post remains, but days they have left the site.

R xx

By *risxbrisxMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe deleted profile? Not sure how it works tbh but I have had this before.

Okay thanks, looks like they have gone then, big shame. Fab mustn't have been for them.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

We had quite a few old messages disappear from our in box.

By *thfloorCouple  over a year ago

Hove

Yep a recent conversation will vanish when someone deletes their account, unless you've saved the messages in which case they still show with "(user no longer on site)" in place of their username. Sorry for your loss heh, been there many times.

"Yep a recent conversation will vanish when someone deletes their account, unless you've saved the messages in which case they still show with "(user no longer on site)" in place of their username. Sorry for your loss heh, been there many times."

That's the thing I'm gutted as they seemed really down to earth, even noticed them on FB, but I'm not the type to cross that line to try and maintain. Wouldn't end well.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

It's likely that they have just deleted the thread whichever you can't see it either.

By *thfloorCouple  over a year ago

Hove

"Yep a recent conversation will vanish when someone deletes their account, unless you've saved the messages in which case they still show with "(user no longer on site)" in place of their username. Sorry for your loss heh, been there many times.

That's the thing I'm gutted as they seemed really down to earth, even noticed them on FB, but I'm not the type to cross that line to try and maintain. Wouldn't end well. "

You apprehended them on FB, how did you manage that?! Yes I wouldn't contact either (even as a woman), however innocent the intention the stalker vibes are too strong. I think most people like ample clearance between their fabs antics and their everyday life. Re. the deletion, ultimately it means that the person didn't value the conversation/contact enough to leave a forwarding address, that's the sadness about it. Next???

"Yep a recent conversation will vanish when someone deletes their account, unless you've saved the messages in which case they still show with "(user no longer on site)" in place of their username. Sorry for your loss heh, been there many times.

That's the thing I'm gutted as they seemed really down to earth, even noticed them on FB, but I'm not the type to cross that line to try and maintain. Wouldn't end well.

You apprehended them on FB, how did you manage that?! Yes I wouldn't contact either (even as a woman), however innocent the intention the stalker vibes are too strong. I think most people like ample clearance between their fabs antics and their everyday life. Re. the deletion, ultimately it means that the person didn't value the conversation/contact enough to leave a forwarding address, that's the sadness about it. Next???"

We exchanged face pics, I had a name and they lived in my town, simple enough. But yes completely understandable, most of us do, was more curiosity anyway. Moving on!

By *assionatepoetsCouple  over a year ago

Somerset

Any verification will also disappear when people leave the site or are booted out by admin

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Another here saying don’t contact them.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"It's likely that they have just deleted the thread whichever you can't see it either."

Unless you’ve also deleted all the messages as well, if the other person deletes a message it doesn’t delete it from your mailbox.

When all messages disappear it’s because the user has deleted their account and left the site

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

"It's likely that they have just deleted the thread whichever you can't see it either.

Unless you’ve also deleted all the messages as well, if the other person deletes a message it doesn’t delete it from your mailbox.

When all messages disappear it’s because the user has deleted their account and left the site"

Not necessarily true..when we first joined fab we were speaking to a "couple" who turned out to be a very pushy single male so we deleted the thread of conversations and we had a msg back from him asking why we had deflected it all and that he was really hurt etc.

By *eterandJaneadventuresCouple  over a year ago

Sutton

For us, we tend to have a message thread clearance frequently. If we have not meet the persons face to face or face time conversation over a phone within four months, or have never meet them at all, it makes sense to us, as we cannot see the need to save storage space for no goals. Yes as many say, it a persons account has been deleted , fabs don’t hold storage for deleted accounts, therefore all attached to the activity on the profile vanishes.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"It's likely that they have just deleted the thread whichever you can't see it either.

When all messages disappear it’s because the user has deleted their account and left the site

Not necessarily true..when we first joined fab we were speaking to a "couple" who turned out to be a very pushy single male so we deleted the thread of conversations and we had a msg back from him asking why we had deflected it all and that he was really hurt etc."

Never said either side couldn’t see messages have been deleted but when the messages suddenly disappear from your inbox and you haven’t deleted them it’s because they’ve left the site

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Messages have vanished from my inbox but the person is definitely still on on the site. I blocked him but the messages still showed. He blocked me back. I wonder if that’s why the messages vanished. He is 100% still on the site.

» Add a new message to this topic