FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Dad Bod

Dad Bod

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was wondering what constitutes a "Dad Bod", as quite a few women on here are searching for said appearance. Is it man boobs, a big fat arse, or maybe a beer gut...?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

Not having a 6 pack basically

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A non threatening appearance means that they will feel less likely to be judged themselves.

"A non threatening appearance means that they will feel less likely to be judged themselves. "

And what is a threatening appearance in your opinion?

"A non threatening appearance means that they will feel less likely to be judged themselves. "

Yeah, I don’t want to lie next to a man with a better body than mine!

"A non threatening appearance means that they will feel less likely to be judged themselves.

And what is a threatening appearance in your opinion? "

A lion?

A fire breathing dragon?

Make your own assumptions.

"A non threatening appearance means that they will feel less likely to be judged themselves.

And what is a threatening appearance in your opinion?

A lion?

A fire breathing dragon?

Make your own assumptions. "

You appear to have misunderstood this thread

By *jammo79Man  over a year ago

Warrington

I think it’s different with a man reverse psychology

So I have a dad bod I'm told. It tends to mean from my experience someone who isn't gym fit but isn't hugely out of shape. I guess the key thing is that each person probably has their own ideas of what they are looking for. Some will think my kind of dad bod is what they like and others won't. Horses for courses and all that.

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

Old London Town

Yeah, I don’t want to lie next to a man with a better body than mine!"

Well I think you be hard pressed to find a guy with a better body than yours.

I doubt there are any guys with a better body than yours!! xx

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

And what is a threatening appearance in your opinion? "

Raised clenched fists

To be honest, I don't really know the answer. It would seem that if you are not ripped or heavily overweight then you have a dad bod. I would be interested to know if mine was considered as a dad bod, seems I have a 32 inch waist and 39 inch chest. see public pics on profile

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think a dad bod has to be slightly saggy and wrinkly too

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

Proper dad bod here

By *tevebackagainMan  over a year ago

near horrabridge

To be honest it’s the same the other way I prefer big girls as you have a stunning body and I would be afraid to approach you as you and a lot of others I would say were way out of my league

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple  over a year ago

coventry

Mr horny got a amazing dad bod in my eyes. Xx

That ain't never gonna happen!

By *oasterMan  over a year ago

Sth Wales

Good question. But where are these women. Can’t seem to find one in South Wales.

By *oasterMan  over a year ago

Sth Wales

Good question. But where are these women. Can’t seem to find one in South Wales.

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

To me it means totally huggable. The kind of broad chest and belly you can wrap yours arms around and feel totally secure and at ease in

dad bod is such a wide sectrum same with those who say rugby build have you seen some of those rugby players on a sunday morning playing local ... some look liker a size 50 waist some look like a normal 30 waist yet both would say rugby build its all false advertising i dont listen when people say they have dad bods or rugby builds ..i just wait until i see the body pics and no im not seeking gym fit either i just seek hot guys that float my boat

By *aul40nwMan  over a year ago

wirral

Been told ive got a dad bod ...

Ok, so basically its fat women who dont want to shown up by someone who looks after themselves...

"Ok, so basically its fat women who dont want to shown up by someone who looks after themselves... "

I’m not fat, I’m aside 8 and train daily. I prefer a dad bod though to a ripped one with a 6 pack. It’s just preference.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"Ok, so basically its fat women who dont want to shown up by someone who looks after themselves...

I’m not fat, I’m aside 8 and train daily. I prefer a dad bod though to a ripped one with a 6 pack. It’s just preference. "

Damn you'll do for me girl send me a dm x

"Ok, so basically its fat women who dont want to shown up by someone who looks after themselves... "

Not necessarily true, I have a liking for a "dad bod" but keep myself physically fit and slim. Kinda always liked the chunkier guys...

Bee x

I’m a firm believer I have a perfect dad bod.

I was told a while ago I didn’t I was too slim. Perhaps the camera does lie. Hmm. Def a dad body lol

"Ok, so basically its fat women who dont want to shown up by someone who looks after themselves...

Not necessarily true, I have a liking for a "dad bod" but keep myself physically fit and slim. Kinda always liked the chunkier guys...

Bee x"

I suppose the more rotund men are more desperate and will make a bit more effort

Bee x

I suppose the more rotund men are more desperate and will make a bit more effort "

The larger guys that I’ve met have definitely not been desperate. You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you?

Still waiting on the grandad bod trend..

Bee x

I suppose the more rotund men are more desperate and will make a bit more effort

The larger guys that I’ve met have definitely not been desperate. You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you? "

I do when they put an unnecessary strain on the health service, when all they have to do is eat less pies, cake etc and do some exercise

"So I have a dad bod I'm told. It tends to mean from my experience someone who isn't gym fit but isn't hugely out of shape. I guess the key thing is that each person probably has their own ideas of what they are looking for. Some will think my kind of dad bod is what they like and others won't. Horses for courses and all that. "

Agree. I've a Dadbod, waist more than it should be but not fat. Legs, arms and face in good shape.

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

Lovely bad bod here lol

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you?

I do when they put an unnecessary strain on the health service, when all they have to do is eat less pies, cake etc and do some exercise "

At least larger people can change their body shape if they chose to.

Changing attitudes and personality is a lot harder. But you do you

I’m a Dad and have a body so …?

By *heEvilWithinWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

I know the OP is trolling but had to comment on this one.

First of all OP. If you're going to criticise anyone's body then at least have one which you aren't criticising attributes of - ie if you're going to call people "fat" then at least be thin.

Secondly I don't think people understand how damaging it is for people to attack how someone else looks. Many people on here "fat" or thin have insecurities and praying on them for a bit of amusement can be extremely damaging to people's mental health.

Being a good person, someone approachable and not up themselves who can make decent conversation will get you a meet over someone who is a giant c*nt. As I'm sure the OP has experienced. It isn't REALLY about what you look like. Dad bod or not. Everyone has preferences and maybe people should consider that in their replies so guys and women don't get a complex and we can move on from this viscous cycle fab has run itself into.

By *ornyltlfkrMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I think its fair to say there won't be many if any with a better body ??

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"I think a dad bod has to be slightly saggy and wrinkly too"

I may have actually cracked the dad bod look lol

Ok, that's enough of the "fat" topic, it's obviously quite upsetting for alot of people on here. I'll be back soon with a new discussion, one that doesn't cause too much distress...if that's possible on here

By *ookiemonster500Man  over a year ago

No where

"I know the OP is trolling but had to comment on this one.

First of all OP. If you're going to criticise anyone's body then at least have one which you aren't criticising attributes of - ie if you're going to call people "fat" then at least be thin.

Secondly I don't think people understand how damaging it is for people to attack how someone else looks. Many people on here "fat" or thin have insecurities and praying on them for a bit of amusement can be extremely damaging to people's mental health.

Being a good person, someone approachable and not up themselves who can make decent conversation will get you a meet over someone who is a giant c*nt. As I'm sure the OP has experienced. It isn't REALLY about what you look like. Dad bod or not. Everyone has preferences and maybe people should consider that in their replies so guys and women don't get a complex and we can move on from this viscous cycle fab has run itself into. "

Ayyyy fucking men!

By *egginer68Man  over a year ago

Wallsend

"To me it means totally huggable. The kind of broad chest and belly you can wrap yours arms around and feel totally secure and at ease in"

So, would you say mine is a dad bod, or too far the wrong way?

"Ok, that's enough of the "fat" topic, it's obviously quite upsetting for alot of people on here. I'll be back soon with a new discussion, one that doesn't cause too much distress...if that's possible on here "

The irony behind this post is that you have what I would class as a dad bod.

Wallsend

"Still waiting on the grandad bod trend.."

Wallsend

[Removed by poster at 02/06/22 14:34:05]

Wallsend

"The larger guys that I’ve met have definitely not been desperate. You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you?

I do when they put an unnecessary strain on the health service, when all they have to do is eat less pies, cake etc and do some exercise "

A typically narrow minded viewpoint of someone who has probably never struggled with weight.

If weight issues were that simple, nobody would be overweight.

Please don't judge others by your standards. Everyone is different and everyone has different body challenges.

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Ok, that's enough of the "fat" topic, it's obviously quite upsetting for alot of people on here. I'll be back soon with a new discussion, one that doesn't cause too much distress...if that's possible on here

The irony behind this post is that you have what I would class as a dad bod. "

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

To me a dad bod is still average/toned arms and legs but with a bit of a tummy! I love a dad bod but wouldn’t shame any body type if your a di*k your a di*k no matter what you look like.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Well I seem to have developed a bit of a gut over lockdown, wine and no exercise

Bee x

The larger guys that I’ve met have definitely not been desperate. You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you?

You're not in any sort of shape to be able to make such statements really.

Bee x

I do when they put an unnecessary strain on the health service, when all they have to do is eat less pies, cake etc and do some exercise

You're not in any sort of shape to be able to make such statements really."

You're right, I really must start drinking heavily and stuffing myself with junk food

Bee x

You're not in any sort of shape to be able to make such statements really.

You're right, I really must start drinking heavily and stuffing myself with junk food "

You don’t need to, you’ve already got the dad bod to a tee

Wallsend

"You're right, I really must start drinking heavily and stuffing myself with junk food "

Which we all know is the only real reason people are overweight. It's all their fault, of course

By *RSTCouple  over a year ago

S. Northants

We hear mixed views of what a Dad Bod is. I have referred to my own physique as a dad bod, but then been told I'm not a dad bod as I'm not chubby enough... I'm certainly not ripped and 'athletic' like I was in my youth.

We came up with the "Post-Athletic Dad Bod" which suits me I think.

I still have broad shoulders, and thick legs from my rugby and swimming days, but I'm now softer around the edges as I like a burger, rack of ribs, pizza and a beer or 4... I still have the V, just it's a little blurred to the defined lines they once were.

S. Northants

Unlikely, even with some of the washboard abs on here. You look incredible. It's nice to know that ladies looking like you are still interested in guys looking like us.

"I was wondering what constitutes a "Dad Bod", as quite a few women on here are searching for said appearance. Is it man boobs, a big fat arse, or maybe a beer gut...? "

Women say they want a dad bod, and its all well and good until you get in an argument and all of a sudden it isnt sexy and they call you a big fat cunt. ??????

By *awpleasureMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Is dadbod a vernacular exclusive to fab? I've not heard of it anywhere else.

Is there also a mumbod?

S. Northants

"Is dadbod a vernacular exclusive to fab? I've not heard of it anywhere else.

Is there also a mumbod?"

The term Dad bod is certainly not exclusive to Fab, and yes there is a Mum Bod too.

Sutton Coldfield

Thanks for the info. I can now use that term in vanilla world without anyone automatically assuming I'm a swinger

By *urvelover39Man  over a year ago

Somewhere

Send me some pies

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Mr has a lovely sexy Dad bod, nice natural body hair, no six pack, trimmed around the penis and balls, body confidence and lovely arse and thighs. I also love his man smell.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Mr has a lovely sexy Dad bod, nice natural body hair, no six pack, trimmed around the penis and balls, body confidence and lovely arse and thighs. I also love his man smell."

Also a fairly flat stomach.

I’m a 60 year old dad I think my bod is ok

Sutton Coldfield

"Mr has a lovely sexy Dad bod, nice natural body hair, no six pack, trimmed around the penis and balls, body confidence and lovely arse and thighs. I also love his man smell.

Also a fairly flat stomach."

Is he athletic though? I thought dadbods were supposed to be average at best????

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Lucky for you I'm traveling up to Liverpool next month .

By *arried-BBW-LookingWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

It varies I guess just not ripped I know many dads are ripped, but a little extra padding but not really big that’s my understanding anyway xx

By *endydick.CumbersnatchMan  over a year ago

Midlands

"

Damn, that's a high bar to hurdle.

By *ood You KindlyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"To be honest, I don't really know the answer. It would seem that if you are not ripped or heavily overweight then you have a dad bod. I would be interested to know if mine was considered as a dad bod, seems I have a 32 inch waist and 39 inch chest. see public pics on profile"

That’s not a dad bod in my opinion. You look pretty fit to me. I would say in general, if other guys would look at you & wish they were as toned as you then you don’t have a dad bod

Like your definition...

By *uchislife66Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Bee x

The larger guys that I’ve met have definitely not been desperate. You have a quite negative attitude towards larger people don’t you? "

What a lovely lady

I've said that before x

By *uchislife66Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"To me a dad bod is still average/toned arms and legs but with a bit of a tummy! I love a dad bod but wouldn’t shame any body type if your a di*k your a di*k no matter what you look like. "

Well said x

A dad bod is a nice way of calling a guy fat. Same goes for calling a girl curvy it's a nice way of calling her fat

"A dad bod is a nice way of calling a guy fat. Same goes for calling a girl curvy it's a nice way of calling her fat "

"A dad bod is a nice way of calling a guy fat. Same goes for calling a girl curvy it's a nice way of calling her fat "

At last, the answer I was waiting for, my work here is done.

"A dad bod is a nice way of calling a guy fat. Same goes for calling a girl curvy it's a nice way of calling her fat

At last, the answer I was waiting for, my work here is done. "

Your work here is to hope that someone called other people fat? Think you need to find yourself a new job mate?

The irony here is that you OP appear to have what lots would call a dad bod - you know that, right?

By *asyGent75Man  over a year ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

I’ve a slim dad bod

By *asyGent75Man  over a year ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

I don’t go to the gym, my work is my way of working out I’m happy with my so called dad bod

By *heshire DilfMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

Went on holiday recently and there were tons of dad bods on display. Fellas who clearly had been in reasonable shape in their 20s and early 30s now looking like they have some muscle definition but carrying a few extra pounds especially around the waist.

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"A dad bod is a nice way of calling a guy fat. Same goes for calling a girl curvy it's a nice way of calling her fat

At last, the answer I was waiting for, my work here is done.

Your work here is to hope that someone called other people fat? Think you need to find yourself a new job mate?

The irony here is that you OP appear to have what lots would call a dad bod - you know that, right? "

Pretty sad how people get a kick out of trolling on a forum to get a reaction out of others.

Male vanity is a funny old thing isn't it?

I mean, how many of the guys on here who are "ripped" actually work in professions where they "need" heavily defined muscles? I know when I was working in landscaping/forestry after a days work there was no way I was going to spend hours in the gym!

I was listening to an interesting talk by the artist Grayson Perry on masculinity. He was saying that in twenty first century post industrial society most work doesn't require physical strength, say working in tech/communications for instance so having huge biceps, abs etc is purely for decorative effect, like the lacy bits on a silk blouse...

Which is fair enough, do what thou will, but put that in the context of up to a million men in the UK abusing anabolic steroids and the health risk associated, just so they can look and feel more "manly"...

What's all that about?

"Went on holiday recently and there were tons of dad bods on display. Fellas who clearly had been in reasonable shape in their 20s and early 30s now looking like they have some muscle definition but carrying a few extra pounds especially around the waist. "

Yeh, that's called "middle aged spread". Your metabolism slows down as you get older so you put weight on easier. I was happening to me quite drastically! I changed my diet, cut out red meat,most dairy, stopped boozing. Seemed to work...

By *aughtyandNicecplCouple  over a year ago

south wales

Bee x

I know you’re fishing but still had to reply as that’s a bit of a sweeping statement isn’t it. Just because someone is carrying a few extra pounds doesn’t mean they put any additional strain on the health service!!

I’ve got what I would class as a dad bod. I’m on the larger side and have always struggled with keeping my weight down. I eat pretty healthy, can run 10k in under and hour, cycle regularly and train in the gym numerous times a week. I’m a lot fitter than some people I know that are much thinner than I am so just making the assumption that because someone is larger that it automatically makes them unfit or unhealthy is complete crap!!

I know lots of much thinner people than me that eat nothing but crap and can’t run a mile so don’t judge everyone based on their appearance.

» Add a new message to this topic