FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Arrange a first meet with a couple

Arrange a first meet with a couple

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been chatting with the M of a couple who are looking for another M to join them.

Everything so far appears to be nice and cordial and we appear to get on.

I suggested a first meeting, but somehow its turned into a meal in a local restaurant and it seems I paying.

I don't have a problem with paying but the voice at the back of my head says this doesn't sound right.

what do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

Sounds bollocks to me. If we want a guy for a 3 some we look for location, looks and attitude. If we're happy with all them then we'd meet for a drink.

We all know what we're here for so dinner just seems ott in our opinion.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Sounds fishy to me - bill should be split. Any expectation for you to pay more than your fair share is wrong.

liverpool

Do some checks to make sure they are actually a couple and not a single guy trying to get wank fodder.

By *lyingFreeWoman  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Nope. 50 50

By *hathappensnowCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

Someone else we met said this happens more than you’d realise, couples meeting single guys for a social and getting them to pay for all drinks/meals then not meeting or playing after.

Sounds a bit too much like fraud for me that

"Do some checks to make sure they are actually a couple and not a single guy trying to get wank fodder."

They (he) is posting and the profile has photos which are updated/added too from time to time, but yes I take your point. It just seems odd to me and not sure I will go through with it although that risks being labeled a time waster!

By *rancois Du BoisMan  over a year ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

Just say you’re not up for a meal. Just drinks. Then after one drink if they’re nobs you can leave.

By *weetheart.Woman  over a year ago

N Shields

A meal seems a tad much for a chat to see if you're all compatible. Especially if they are expecting you to pay. Either split the bill or suggest a coffee/pint. Far less formal too.

By *weetheart.Woman  over a year ago

N Shields

"Just say you’re not up for a meal. Just drinks. Then after one drink if they’re nobs you can leave. "

This

"Just say you’re not up for a meal. Just drinks. Then after one drink if they’re nobs you can leave.

This "

In my experience a meal is shit for a first meet. You’re trapped for half an hour at least, you can’t talk properly as your mouth is engaged in eating and no one looks good eating!

liverpool

"Do some checks to make sure they are actually a couple and not a single guy trying to get wank fodder.

They (he) is posting and the profile has photos which are updated/added too from time to time, but yes I take your point. It just seems odd to me and not sure I will go through with it although that risks being labeled a time waster!"

Do they have verifications (not cam, they seem to be fishy more often than not).

Do they have pictures of them together ?

Will they do a video chat ?

There's a lot of "couples" on here who are just a guy on the windup.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We meet single fellas and would never ask for them to pay for our night out !!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We would never expect a single man to pay for us and we avoid single men who offer all expenses evenings out too.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also how do you know you're going to get on with the woman if you've never spoken to her? Or is that how they play, he chooses and she's happy with that?

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I’d up the ante and suggest a 7-course taster menu at a Michelin starred restaurant. Pay for your third and then see their reaction…

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

You shouldn't be expected to pay for a meal for all of them.I think that is very presumptuous of them.

Like others said say you will meet for a coffee or a drink a meal with people you don't know can be awkward not to mention very expensive.

And if you decide not to meet that is your perogative .Everyone on here has the right to decide not to meet someone especially if they spot red flags that are making them wary. It does not make you a time waster if you tell them that you no longer want to meet.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Have you not spoken to the lady too op?

It sounds off to Me and your gut is telling you it is too .

I'd ask to speak to the lady first ,if there's excuses as to why she can't, I'd leave it .

It could be genuine ,but it's a bit cheeky expecting you to pay for a meal and could be akward.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

last meet i had like that cost me 100 quid for a hotel as i drove 192 miles to get to the said place , hotel for my use only as was going to drink so that bits fine.

i met the couple who skanked me for £66 quids worth of drinks and didnt even offer to buy me one, they slipped after about an hour too, and lied to me next day so i blocked them immediately in every way shape and form.

It was only a social meet.

i'd been chatting 2 years as well so wasnt a blind date, they were just users so my advice op would be to decline.

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Ive met quite a few couples never heard b4 all this bollocks. last 1 met them in a pub stood with them at bar had cpl drinks and quick finger at bar then back to theirs no bloody hotel or meals in restaurants. Either that or straight to theirs sounds like they are fleecing you mate

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Sounds a bit iffy although hard to swallow sometimes just walk away from this one better to be safe than sorry

You've proven you can communicate well with people and the right couple will come along

What ever you do don't compromise hold out for what is right and good for you

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

2 years?????

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

That'll be a no. Just suggest a couple of drinks. Sounds like they're trying it on!

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

"2 years????? "

yes, texting , whatsapping, on here , etc.

i'm not bothered , was just commenting how you can be skanked lol,

i lent another bird a hundred quid i'd never met, desperately needed her car fixed or couldnt get to work or shops etc, i still chat to her , no mention of the hundred quid though lol..

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

A meal!!! A quick pint and a chat normally does the job. Maybe stretch to a bag of scratchings

Thanks for all the posts. You've all confirmed what I was thinking. I won't waste my time even responding, simply blocked and reported as a possible scam. cheers

By *eorgesdad69Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Nope, this is a sex site not a dating site! Cut and run

"Nope, this is a sex site not a dating site! Cut and run "

It’s neither, it’s a site for swingers and other ethical non monogamous people to meet and interact how they choose too.

Sounds like you are being conned. Walk away....

By *entleman kinksterMan  over a year ago

london

"I’d up the ante and suggest a 7-course taster menu at a Michelin starred restaurant. Pay for your third and then see their reaction…"

obviously. who doesn’t suggest that to smoke out the timewasters

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

It's a swinng site, your not on a date. You could call thier bluff by asking to chat to BOTH OF THEM on the fone (loudspeaker)

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

You can meet them,but if things don’t seem right make excuses and do a runner

By *amLaraCroftWoman  over a year ago

London

"Do some checks to make sure they are actually a couple and not a single guy trying to get wank fodder.

They (he) is posting and the profile has photos which are updated/added too from time to time, but yes I take your point. It just seems odd to me and not sure I will go through with it although that risks being labeled a time waster!"

No you’re not a time waster you can change your mind at any point

Calling people time wasters is putting pressure on people to have sex when they have changed their minds

You can change your mind after talking to them xx

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

We would never expect anyone to pay for anything for us that includes hotels rooms ..Even if it is a actual couple it’s still very entitled of them to expect someone to take them out and pay..

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

The only time we make people pay for all the drinks is when they don't look like there photos. Then they need to buy us drinks until they do!

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

When we meet single guys for actual meet everything is 50/50 , anyone who sounds cagey will have social meet for a chat and a pint before they meet wife , that helps ruling out time wasters , works both ways for invites from couples too , but far the best way to arrange meets is club socials and parties

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Nahhhh to that.

"I've been chatting with the M of a couple who are looking for another M to join them.

Everything so far appears to be nice and cordial and we appear to get on.

I suggested a first meeting, but somehow its turned into a meal in a local restaurant and it seems I paying.

I don't have a problem with paying but the voice at the back of my head says this doesn't sound right.

what do you think?"

Well if your paying take the greedy cunts to McDonald's... well that's if they turn up .

» Add a new message to this topic