FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Trouble with condoms

Trouble with condoms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

has any one else had trouble with putting condoms on? I can never seem to fit it on easily and if by some miracle it goes on it either makes me soft or it comes off again?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can put one on a guy with my mouth. What causes you a problem? But some cheap ones and practice at home

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never had a problem with condoms.

What brand are you using?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"has any one else had trouble with putting condoms on? I can never seem to fit it on easily and if by some miracle it goes on it either makes me soft or it comes off again?"
practise by yourself and try different brands

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"I can put one on a guy with my mouth. What causes you a problem? But some cheap ones and practice at home "

*Checks distance*

C

thanks guys. I've practiced a fair few times as it's something I struggle with but maybe I just need to try some different brands

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"thanks guys. I've practiced a fair few times as it's something I struggle with but maybe I just need to try some different brands"

What are you using?

"thanks guys. I've practiced a fair few times as it's something I struggle with but maybe I just need to try some different brands

What are you using?"

mostly durex but have tried some other brand to little effect. I'm not particularly long but quite wide so perhaps a larger size could be useful? Worth a go I guess.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"thanks guys. I've practiced a fair few times as it's something I struggle with but maybe I just need to try some different brands

What are you using?

mostly durex but have tried some other brand to little effect. I'm not particularly long but quite wide so perhaps a larger size could be useful? Worth a go I guess."

Yes, most definitely

What are you using?

mostly durex but have tried some other brand to little effect. I'm not particularly long but quite wide so perhaps a larger size could be useful? Worth a go I guess.

Yes, most definitely "

either that or hire someone as my royal condom put-er on-er. Hopefully they'll have the same trick as you

Theres a brand called mysize who have a measuring app and the have a larger variety of sizes.

What are you using?

mostly durex but have tried some other brand to little effect. I'm not particularly long but quite wide so perhaps a larger size could be useful? Worth a go I guess."

I alway found durex to be too small, and the difficulty of putting them on and tightness made it difficult to stay hard, once i got a bigger size it so much better.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Only issues finding the actual size that fits, not over tight as well I normally stock up

What are you using?

Yes definitely!

Try Skyns large they are 56mm nominal width, which is 3mm larger than the original ones

(Also on offer in Sainsburys)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What are you using?

Yes, most definitely

either that or hire someone as my royal condom put-er on-er. Hopefully they'll have the same trick as you"

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

Rather than rolling the condom down the shaft try a slighly different approach.

After taking the condom out of the packet unroll it a bit. Then put two fingers from each hand inside the condom and gently stretch it wider and then put the stretched condom directly on the erect cock and depending on your length unroll the final bit. If after doing this there is a bubble of air at the tip tnen squeeze this out.

By *hickenkormaMan  over a year ago

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Neasure your girth and use calsd

They have a tool to say what nomin width condoms you should be looking at and guve some suggestions.

By *omRachCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

You can get XL condoms, I know Durex manufacture them and are available in asda

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

"You can get XL condoms, I know Durex manufacture them and are available in asda"

Durex xl condoms are only 1mm (57mm) wider tham their standard condoms (56mm) they are mostly just longer.

Pasante kingsode arr 60mm wide and pasante superking are 69mm wide. (Also usually available drom sexual health clinics or really cheap on the jungle site

"You can get XL condoms, I know Durex manufacture them and are available in asda"

I hope that is the problem. Would be an ego boost to say i don't fit regular ones lol

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

I used to have the exact same problem many years ago. I used to have to stop half way through to pull the bloody thing back down, after cumming my bell end would be very sore. I asked someone and she said likely it was I was using too small of a condom, I invested in king-size/XL ones and snug as a bug in a rug.

Does the condom come off because you are soft OP?

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

"I can put one on a guy with my mouth. "

Back in the days when I would use condoms 'on request', I always wanted to meet a woman who could do that!

By *andy cock queenTV/TS  over a year ago

london...Surrey

Same here....my cock is big...useless using standard size durex....by the time its on ,the moment has gone.....cucumber wrapper might work !

By *urtyDoggerMan  over a year ago

Colchester and surrounding

"I can put one on a guy with my mouth.

Back in the days when I would use condoms 'on request', I always wanted to meet a woman who could do that! "

I once knew a woman that could put one on using her bumhole lol

By *luemeanie050Man  over a year ago

Poole

Never usually a problem for me and they make me last twice as long

"Neasure your girth and use calsd

They have a tool to say what nomin width condoms you should be looking at and guve some suggestions."

Thats a good site, thanks for the info

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Rather than rolling the condom down the shaft try a slighly different approach.

After taking the condom out of the packet unroll it a bit. Then put two fingers from each hand inside the condom and gently stretch it wider and then put the stretched condom directly on the erect cock and depending on your length unroll the final bit. If after doing this there is a bubble of air at the tip tnen squeeze this out."

This is really good advice. It's normally the rolled up bit of condom that causes an issue.

This is also a good method for a woman using her mouth... You can keep the air out of the tip with your mouth and slowly move your mouth down as your fingers unroll the condom and keep the tightness of the band away from the penis

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

Mr here. Take a look at theyfit.

I’ve had a couple of failures when we first started swinging, when using Durex condoms. I’m about average length, but fairly girthy apparently. It turns out that if all the length of the condom isn’t used, then what’s left rolled up at the base can actually be too tight and restrict blood flow, effectively killing your erection

Since I changed brands, I’ve never had a problem. Honestly, the difference a size specific condom makes is astonishing. You’ll probably find that you might need to order a size either side of the size they reckon you are, as it’s still not perfect. But far better than the off the shelf crap

Xl or Trojan magnums?

"Mr here. Take a look at theyfit.

I’ve had a couple of failures when we first started swinging, when using Durex condoms. I’m about average length, but fairly girthy apparently. It turns out that if all the length of the condom isn’t used, then what’s left rolled up at the base can actually be too tight and restrict blood flow, effectively killing your erection

Since I changed brands, I’ve never had a problem. Honestly, the difference a size specific condom makes is astonishing. You’ll probably find that you might need to order a size either side of the size they reckon you are, as it’s still not perfect. But far better than the off the shelf crap "

cheers mate that does sound like the problem. I'll have a look.

By *urreypair1Couple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Another vote here for trying Mysize if you have decent girth they make for a much better fit.

They they have a measuring tape so you can order the correct circumfrance.

By *ndisMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

There's a video on YouTube of a woman who gets one on her leg! Google it! If it can go on her leg I'm sure you can find one that fits on your todger

By *edplusoneCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"It turns out that if all the length of the condom isn’t used, then what’s left rolled up at the base can actually be too tight and restrict blood flow, effectively killing your erection

"

Made this mistake too, not having used jonnies for many year with missus. I thought that thinner and snugger would minimise the lack of sensation, but ended up being a boner killer. Now just use regular durex and all’s good

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"There's a video on YouTube of a woman who gets one on her leg! Google it! If it can go on her leg I'm sure you can find one that fits on your todger "

I used to know someone who could put one over his head like a hat as a party trick

I take a pic of my cock to show the pharmacist, and ask them to get me some that’ll fit this.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"has any one else had trouble with putting condoms on? I can never seem to fit it on easily and if by some miracle it goes on it either makes me soft or it comes off again?"

Do a search for ‘UK condom sizing’ and follow the advice in there. There’s good advice about measuring your erect penis using a standard toilet roll tube, and this gives a great idea about which brand/size should work for you. I had frustrations myself, before using this guide, and found Skyns to be perfect for me. I once also had a reaction to the free condoms supplied in a club, which again, using Skyns sorted for me, so I always carry them with me. Good luck fella

By *MrandMrsRedxCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Mr is girthy and has to use the bigger skyns ones

Mrs x

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

You just need the right size - I get the large ones and they slide on easier

"There's a video on YouTube of a woman who gets one on her leg! Google it! If it can go on her leg I'm sure you can find one that fits on your todger "

I’ve had one over my head. There’s no way a normal condom doesn’t fit 99.9% of men.

Epsom, Surrey

"

I’ve had one over my head. There’s no way a normal condom doesn’t fit 99.9% of men."

Yes you can cover a large cock with a small condom but it's not comfortable and can be painful thats why its important to use the best size to get a comfortable fit.

Very early in my swinging life I used a condom supplied by the lady and it was so tight the ring at the end of the condom left a black mark round the bottom of my shaft due to bruising

By *ornyJ3000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Get the right sized condoms and try different brands.

I’m quite big so the most of the free condoms in clubs are just uncomfortable; alway make sure you take your own.

Wearing condoms is much easier than catching something and having to deal with that.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

There is no such thing as a standard toilet roll tube. Different brands have different size tubes.

The whole i can fit on your head so it can fit any cock crap is why i didnt realise i needed wider condoms till i was in my 40s.

By *arkjackMan  over a year ago

West Cork

"Rather than rolling the condom down the shaft try a slighly different approach.

After taking the condom out of the packet unroll it a bit. Then put two fingers from each hand inside the condom and gently stretch it wider and then put the stretched condom directly on the erect cock and depending on your length unroll the final bit. If after doing this there is a bubble of air at the tip tnen squeeze this out."

Good advice. Also don't take one condom with you if you're staying the night, 3 would be absolute minimum, esp. if you don't know what your sexy time friend likes and in what order she likes it.

"

I’ve had one over my head. There’s no way a normal condom doesn’t fit 99.9% of men.

Yes you can cover a large cock with a small condom but it's not comfortable and can be painful thats why its important to use the best size to get a comfortable fit.

Very early in my swinging life I used a condom supplied by the lady and it was so tight the ring at the end of the condom left a black mark round the bottom of my shaft due to bruising"

Yes a different size will be more comfortable but you still managed with a smaller one. Surely cock rings are tighter than a slightly smaller condom.

Epsom, Surrey

"

Yes a different size will be more comfortable but you still managed with a smaller one. Surely cock rings are tighter than a slightly smaller condom."

Did you actually read my post. I had a ring of black bruising around the base of my cock. Bruising is caused by burst blood vessels!!!

Even if the experience was just slighly uncomfortable I can't see the reason why someone wouldn't pick the right size of condom to use.

I have never used a cock ring so can't comment about any comparison.

"

Yes a different size will be more comfortable but you still managed with a smaller one. Surely cock rings are tighter than a slightly smaller condom.

Did you actually read my post. I had a ring of black bruising around the base of my cock. Bruising is caused by burst blood vessels!!!

Even if the experience was just slighly uncomfortable I can't see the reason why someone wouldn't pick the right size of condom to use.

I have never used a cock ring so can't comment about any comparison."

Cock rings are ridiculously tight. They are used to keep the blood in your penis when you have an erection so much tighter than a condom would be.

What are you using?

Mates skyns do a larger condom

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

What are you using?

Mates skyns do a larger condom"

Skyns large are 56mm, the same size as a standard durex. However as they are not latex they strech differenlty. I find them easier to put on, they also transfer heat better so lose less feeling i my book

By *edgirlWoman  over a year ago

Berkhamsted

Have u tried different sizes? It's not one size fits all. Google your options.

I thought it was just me… there’s nothing sexy about slipping my cock into a flexible piece of rubber, and that’s in my mind when it goes on.

I've never really considered myself to have a particularly big cock especially when i see some of the really big ones on here.

As such I've always just bought regular sized condoms and just thought that struggling to get them on and the frustration of the time it takes during the action particularly when you really just want to get on with it.. having to stretch it to pull it down over and stuff..its a real pain in the ass.

Lately it's gotten to the stage where I've meet someone and its been so fantastic that the struggle had really killed the moment and the frustration has really affected my erection..which is demoralizing and then were in a downwards tailspin.

Then a couple of weeks ago in a club i asked for some condoms and they gave me 4 different ones including a larger one which i used first..actually thinking it would baggy and in effect useless and need replacing.

It actually went on so smoothly with no real effort at all and I've since bought more condoms more suitable for not my length necessarily but my girth.

My point is actually that i don't think that "standard" is actually that big at all and maybe more guys who don't consider themselves very large really should be looking at a larger condom to begin with.

I have and it's had a hugely transformative effect on the whole experience of using them and improved my confidence in how things will go when the vital moment comes.

By *ornyharry39Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Had loads fall off many of times x

By *thfloorCouple  over a year ago

Hove

They have a tool to say what nomin width condoms you should be looking at and guve some suggestions.

Thats a good site, thanks for the info"

And thank you for picking the post out - I couldn't parse and thought "calsd" was a keyboard mashup

@_hickenkorma you're a true condom scholar! Do you remember all those nominal widths of the top of your...head

By *thfloorCouple  over a year ago

Hove

Ah, *calcsd everything makes sense now

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Are you using the right size? Look up condom nominal width and how to measure yourself to know what nominal width will fit you best.

By *layTimeEssexCouple  over a year ago

Stansted

Yes try larger size. Skins large are good. Took me a few years to realise using the standard ones and having problems.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Thats a good site, thanks for the info

And thank you for picking the post out - I couldn't parse and thought "calsd" was a keyboard mashup

@_hickenkorma you're a true condom scholar! Do you remember all those nominal widths of the top of your...head "

I even complained lovehoney and got them to start adding the nominal width to the condoms on their site as they didnt display that information.

Its important people can find that out and used a appropriate size condom or theres a big risk of them not using any at all.

For too long i believed the one size fits all bollocks they told me at school which had resulted in strugging to roll a condom on and the lass sayi g just to without.

By *ale4FWBMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I had loads of trouble regarding condom fit . I am reasonably endowed but no way a 12” pornstar so god knows how they cope. Normal durex and Skyns Large were just not comfortable. In the end done my research and via Amazon ordered a range of different types and sizes - I hit the jackpot with mister-size 69. Have had a few good sessions using these.

By *omoxfordMan  over a year ago

leeds

Condoms come in different widths from 53 mm to 58mm if I remember correct

In my opinion the width should be shown on the front of the box as it makes a big difference

Some people say they can't finish when using condoms this is because the width is too tight those few mm make all the difference

Durex seem to be quite narrow

I would try psante

I ve seen women that put them on me faster than I can myself it's all about getting it over the head

While we are on this subject safety tip baby oil makes condoms break

I have a durex chart on my old phone it tells you all the sizes including width I ll add it later

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Looking at your cock pics you have a very large girthy cock. Its beautiful. So XL condoms will definitely work better x

Leeds

On the mister size website you can even download something to measure with which points you towards the correct size

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

My husband also had this problem but we have finally found the type for him and it’s made things much better..

By *stoppMan  over a year ago

Durham

Very informative thread. I too have found those condoms quoting large or XL fail to fit properly, nearly slipping off or acting to crush the manhood.

I'll certainly be trying out a few of the suggestions..

By *ANG8LOOSEMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Had same issue with getting them condoms on. Got bigger ones they still ain't easy get on at all

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Skyns in xl fit most that I kmow even the bigger chaps, and no issues performing in them, play with brands, cheaper ones and standard ones just maybe to thick or tight, also. Extra lube ones make for a nicer sentation, you want the ones that stay on yet don't act like a cock ring

By *teve321Man  over a year ago

Waltham cross

Seriously.....

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

"Very informative thread. I too have found those condoms quoting large or XL fail to fit properly, nearly slipping off or acting to crush the manhood.

I'll certainly be trying out a few of the suggestions.. "

Quite a few xl condoms just mean longer not wider.

Magnums for example are listed as a nomimal width of 54mm. Compared tothe max size of a pasante superking st 69mm

Leeds

I did try the passante super kings but one split which is as a worry. Could of been down to my application though

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

That's the method I use, used to be able to do it with my mouth but I've been in a relationship so long I'm out of practice X

Im thicker above the base so i do get some roll up issues

Yes the length won't matter the width will I had similar problem and went got XL problem solved, the durex skin feel XL

Enjoy

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Never had a problem. They come in different sizers, diameter so don’t be afraid to try different ones. I would play without them.

By *ovely-TongueMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Having a thicker cock then I also struggled with Durex, it felt like my cock was being squeezed! I discovered Skyns and have found that they are so much more comfortable. I wish though somehow that condom manufacturers could label them in some way. The amount of times I have started rolling one on to find that it is the wrong way round and won't unroll any further is quite a passion killer in the moment!

By *elpful and caringMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

You’re putting them on inside out OP!

By *ovely-TongueMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Yes, that is why they should be labelled or marked in some way. Perhaps 'This Way Up"?

By *hropshireGentMan  over a year ago

shropshire

"I can put one on a guy with my mouth. What causes you a problem? But some cheap ones and practice at home "

That is a something I have only experienced once in all my years of swinging and I’ve never found anyone else that can do it.

You are a unicorn!

By *ramberryMan  over a year ago

Derby

Yeah try putting it on with your mouth lol

By *_the_impalerMan  over a year ago

canterbury

Definitely try different ones as I find even the material they are made of or elasticity makes a difference for me but a few years ago I tried trojan magnum but they would roll up over time but the magnum xl are perfect fit and so I have just stuck with those ever since

What are you using?

Yes, most definitely "

Seriously I have encountered a similar problem, can get it over the head but it won’t wiggle over. End up slightly trying to stretch it to fit.. it’s a pain in the arse when you are in the moment..

One lass even offered me bareback on the back of the trouble I was having but because I didn’t really know her that well I declined and went for fingering and licking instead..

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

Don’t do this, nails can cause lacerations in the condom, this is basically how not to put one on!

Leeds

For anyone that has size issues with Condoms I would recommend Mister Size as they come in a variety of diameters . I always had issues with a comfortable fitting condom but these are perfect. Worth trying different diameters ( had to give them a test run ) until you find the best fit. Buy mine from Amazon.

I've always had problems with Durex, but NEVER putting them on. They are too small for me (no I'm not bragging) and I find lose sensitivity, (even with their so called sensitive ones!). Mates were always my favourite but don't appear as widely available as they used to be.

If you're having problems putting them on, then perhaps watch some educational clips?

Leeds

I do know one talented lady who uses her mouth to put condoms on - is very skilled.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

Many years ago I was in a sauna,with a hard on,with a lovely woman,but I could not get it on it was so funny we ended laughing so much it was so funny never got to fuck her.

Have noticed, that a lot of women maybe intolerant to latex, had noticed a stark difference when switching to non latex condoms.. Stark!!!!

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

When you’re next at your local sexual health clinic for routine testing (you do get tested regularly, don’t you?), explain your predicament and ask them for some samples in a range of sizes and styles.

You’ll almost certainly find they can give you some free. Not sure which health board you’re under, but one near you gives free condoms to under 25s. Most will give *some* free condoms to anyone. As much as they love swabbing willies for germs, they much prefer stopping people getting the germs in the first place!

Even if they can’t hook you up with a strong enough supply to meet your shagging needs, you’ll get a decent head start (pun intended, no apology) in finding the right fit for you. They may even be able to give you a wee hands-on tutorial (using a dildo - calm yourself) to make sure you’ve got the technique down to an art.

You’ll be slipping them on one handed while swinging from the chandeliers in no time!

Good luck!

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Sorry, just seen this is an old thread. Hope you’ve got it sorted by now, otherwise you’ll have had a very frustrating summer!

» Add a new message to this topic