FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Have you ever on a cruise

Have you ever on a cruise

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hatzup2000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Moncton

Hi fellow swingers!

I am going on a Caribbean cruise soon and wondered, would you ever knock on someone’s door if they had pineapple magnets hanging on their door?

If yes, how would you start the conversation? Do you just say; I noticed you have pineapples on your door, want to go to a bar and chat? Or would you hang around to get a glimpse of who is in the room first then try to spot them elsewhere on the ship to start a conversation?

Oh, and for the record, I’ll be hanging pineapples on my door

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Will the cabin door be metal or wood ?

Moncton

Metal

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think that mode of aproach would feel quite uncomfortable to me.

If I happened to see them going in or out of their cabin I might say "your magnets are really lovely," and leave it at that but I wouldn't knock on anybody's door personally

Leeds

You could say "your magnets look fab"

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I'd be very careful about not misconstruing a souvenir fridge magnet for something else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why not get in some practice by knocking on doors with pampas grass in the garden?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Yep. But it was a school trip around the Aegean Sea with many other school groups on a re-purposed Romanian car ferry. So hardly luxury.

Mr Misfit

By *w_cuckCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

What's the story with the pineapple magnets?

Leeds

Some people say an upside down pineapple is the sign of a swinger

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is having pineapple magnets on your cabin door is an internationally recognised signal of you welcoming anyone knocking on your door offering drinks at the bar with a view to swinging together? I honestly have never heard of this but I hadn't heard about Prime drink before I read it on here either.

By *weetsmellingtreatsWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Wouldn’t knock the door but if you see them maybe bring them into a convo if you like the look of them, and see how it progresses from there, finding a subtle way to let them know you swing too. Bearing in mind you might not be their type!

By *clcCouple  over a year ago

Athlone/Dublin

Was on a cruise recently and we went around all the decks looking for pineapples

Sadly None found

By *unky64Man  over a year ago

Launceston

Is this right

By *oolblue12Man  over a year ago

Tarporley near Chester

I have been on a couple of cruises and one time I had a drink with some of the crew , it does go on but it is all subtle , crew members will speak with passengers, socially and it is all done subtlety. Also look on the meets and events pages sometimes people post they are on a certain ship

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

NW Leics

"Hi fellow swingers!

I am going on a Caribbean cruise soon and wondered, would you ever knock on someone’s door if they had pineapple magnets hanging on their door?…"

If it was an adjacent cabin I’m sure there would be no problem knocking on the door as a friendly neighbour (regardless of pineapples). Don’t be too eager to enter into the chat about pineapples, or pampas grass, etc. Just be neighbourly and introduce yourself.

If it’s a random cabin door in a corridor, well, that might be seen as a bit creepy.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

You'd be much better off checking the who is near function, rather than knocking on doors.

When I was on a cruise, I don't recall spending much time sitting in my cabin anyway, so they probably wouldn't be there.

By *lubCouple500Couple  over a year ago

Paradise Island

We went on a cruise and wore our enamel pineapple badges upside down everywhere we went. Never got a result. Closest we got was in the lift when an innocent lady asked us "What are those badges for ?". I said, "if you know, you know!". They just looked confused !

"You could say "your magnets look fab""

Will remember this quote. Excellent idea!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’ve been in two cruises this year. I’ve met Fabbers on both lol.

No pineapples needed. Just “near me” on Fab.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

"Metal"
all ships doors are made of wood to reduce weight so the ship is not top heavy,, there might be a few water tight doors on each deck but they are for safety only...

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

There are lots of cruises, out of Miami, specifically designed for swingers; on those ships you don't have to guess what those other guests are seeking!

No need for pineapples or ankle bracelets or any of the other urban or sailing myths about swingers.

On those ships it's just a matter if there is mutual attraction between the two couples, or two singles, or any other combination, and off we jolly well go!

By *and12Couple  over a year ago

flint

Bloody hell our whole street must be swinging there’s that much pampers grass

Moncton

Every ship I’ve been on are metal, or al least coated with metal. Have you ever been on a Disney ship? Everyone has magnets on their doors... not of pineapples of course but of Mickey.

By *otwifedundeeWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I have a pineapple shaped handbag, I’ll be taking it and using it on my cruise later this year

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Sorry wouldn't be seen dead on a cruise - too many people

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Although other members of my family are fond of cruises, particularly very high-end exclusive cruises they do not appeal to me as I prefer to be active every day; sitting around and eating all day does nor appeal to me!

Having worked on a few cruise liners over the years I can honestly say that the crew don’t miss a thing.

With in a a few hours we know everyone’s business, what they need / want and what might lead to a better tip.

Also who will or won’t tip and roughly how much people are worth purely in dollars.

It’s a pretty ruthless business.

By *uy4swingingMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I have a pineapple shaped handbag, I’ll be taking it and using it on my cruise later this year "

Best answer

» Add a new message to this topic