FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > One word replies

One word replies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey guys anyone else find it so frustrating and rude when someone replies with a one word response?

Unless you ask a yes or no question I find it unbelievable that people think it's okay to do this... I get woman couples ect get 1000s of messages but if you're going to reply to someone give them the respect.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How many words would make it an acceptable response?

If they can't be arsed to use more than 1 word they're not interested.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Hey guys anyone else find it so frustrating and rude when someone replies with a one word response?

Unless you ask a yes or no question I find it unbelievable that people think it's okay to do this... I get woman couples ect get 1000s of messages but if you're going to reply to someone give them the respect."

Yep

A

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What would your ideal response be and would you prefer no answer?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

No I don't receive these I would still classify it as any response

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Hey guys anyone else find it so frustrating and rude when someone replies with a one word response?

Unless you ask a yes or no question I find it unbelievable that people think it's okay to do this... I get woman couples ect get 1000s of messages but if you're going to reply to someone give them the respect."

Not really. I don’t expect a response at all or even particularly desire one most of the time.

It's frustrTing, certainly. Especially when their own profile specifically states that they don't want to recieve such messages, and when you've put in a lit of thought to a message and asked a number of questions only for them to reply in a manner that tells you that they've read neither your profile or your message.

By *oungDumbAndFullOfMan  over a year ago

Lurgan

Just don’t bother wasting time as if they were interested they’d put a bit of effort in

By *arkandlovelyWoman  over a year ago

South Derbyshire

No.

I find it frustrating, sure, but it's a clear indication that they're not interested. I won't waste my time with people who won't put time in for me, simple.

When someone is interested in me I get very long messages back and they're lovely.

"No."

beat me to it...

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I find it rude that if I don't reply then I get abuse.

So I use one word answers until they decide I'm boring and fuck off on their own accord rather than get pissy about being rejected.

If they'd read my profile in the first place the whole thing could have been avoided

By *lue NoteMan  over a year ago

Chertsey

Absolutely

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Surely single guys should be grateful for any reply from couples and women as they aren't even entitled to anything.

By *asyplease22Man  over a year ago

northwich

Welcome to the world of fab, I find if you are lucky enough to get a reply normally (yep, fine, thnx) then trying to strike up a conversation is like pulling teeth I think most people are time wasters and there is many rude and arrogant, unfortunately men are right at the bottom of the pecking order so unfortunately suck it up or move on bud

but if, they aren't interested, then why reply at all... it might as well just be a 'no thnx' then instead of appearing to be responding to someones message.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I just play the one word reply game back and they soon get bored, I'll give the same effort as I receive.

I'd rather no reply than 1 word.

Mrs

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think they're just letting you know they are not interested.

"Welcome to the world of fab, I find if you are lucky enough to get a reply normally (yep, fine, thnx) then trying to strike up a conversation is like pulling teeth I think most people are time wasters and there is many rude and arrogant, unfortunately men are right at the bottom of the pecking order so unfortunately suck it up or move on bud "

The problem with this is that we always try to reply politely to polite messages even if it’s a polite no thank you.

We don’t block lightly but sometimes even the polite no thanks leads to questions and reasons why we are wrong so we are limited our responses after the initial one.

By *oxiSyxx83Couple  over a year ago

hertfordshire

No one is obliged to respond to any message at all in this scene.

No one is certainly not entitled to a reply with a bit more thought just because they've put some effort into their initial pitch.

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

"

No, it’s not frustrating or rude.

- If it’s just no, thanks - it’s a very polite and generous gesture. Thanks to you all who is doing it.

- if it’s one two words reply to a meaningful message apart from the case above - I treat that as not sure about interest or can’t be arsed to put some effort.

In both cases I don’t reply back, I don’t ask clarification, or i don’t say thanks to no thanks.

I delete conversations from in and out box and move on. I don’t have time to waste on these who aren’t interested for whatever reason.

By *eeliciouschaosWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

You seriously can’t win on here.

No reply - rude.

One word reply - rude.

“No thanks” reply - rude, because why “no thanks” and proceeds to explain how I’m seriously missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Yawn.

What happens if the reply is just yes

Is that good or bad?

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

I suppose this response is better than any, but what really passes us of is if they are the ones to msg first with a fairly ok msg amd then continue the conversation with one word replies, very difficult to read that their intentions.

By *iguystoke71Man  over a year ago

longton

I find it more annoying when when you get a message that just says"meet".and when you ask what they are after and they reply "fun".they then wonder why I've blocked them!!!

longton

Hey is another one that annoys me.if you can't be arsed to make an effort with your messages don't expect any replies

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Everyone knows the no reply is a reply mantra by now but what about those who initiate the conversation and then expect the other person to carry the load?

I don't send messages but a lot of the messages I receive from well verified women and couples just say hi, facepic, number.

Some are slightly more detailed but as soon as I respond they revert to one word messages.

Why bother getting in touch in the first place if you don't have the ability to carry a conversation?

"How many words would make it an acceptable response?

If they can't be arsed to use more than 1 word they're not interested. "

Or not intelligent enough, which is usually the case.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's often an indication of the quality of the message they're responding to

"How many words would make it an acceptable response?

If they can't be arsed to use more than 1 word they're not interested.

Or not intelligent enough, which is usually the case. "

Ikr

By *ebaucherous_duoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol/ Daventry

Here’s an analogy; if I want pizza, and I say I’m looking for and am into pizza, and Pizza Hut puts a flyer through the door, I will call them.

However, I don’t ring Pizza Hut every time they put a flyer through my door to thank them. Unsolicited messages are the fab equivalent of flyering.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

Wish we had automated responses for declining messages from people.

One word answers are a clear sign the person is not remotely interested in engaging the conversation

By *eeliciouschaosWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

"Wish we had automated responses for declining messages from people.

"

I think this is double edged sword. I imagine receiving dozens of “no thank you” automated responses could cause more harm to one’s fragile ego than just accepting that no response is a response in itself (as stated clearly on website FAQs). Just my opinion, though.

By *heEvilWithinWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

Well it really depends on context doesn't it. What you may think is a decent first message may not be someone else's idea of a decent message. For example.. If you get 100 messages a day and every message says "hi want to meet" (or something to that effect) then are you going to send an individual reply to each person when they haven't had the courtesy or respect to read your profile?..

My absolute hate on this site is people don't read your profile. They're messaging to ask you for something you aren't looking for. I understand from a guys perspective, a lot of my friends are males and I understand and respect how hard it is for guys on fab and at clubs etc. So I get that to even receive a reply some guys have to send 100 messages. So guys often resort to cut and paste or a terrible message. But at the same time if they sent less messages but made more of an effort most would find they get more meets. Tailor a message to each person, yes it takes more effort but for me if someone can't be bothered to read my profile and try connect with me I'm not replying. How much effort are they going to make sexually if you can't send a decent message?

You then have the abuse or questioning. "why won't you meet me", "am I not your type" tbh I don't have time to deal with it.

I hate the hierarchy of women and couples on fab and I don't agree with it. I do make an effort with guys, when I attend clubs I will try talk to everyone (single guys included). There are so many disrespectful guys though on the swinging scene and unfortunately all men get lumped into that.

So the only advice I can give is it takes everyone to make a change. It really is a viscous cycle. If men made more of an effort then women and couples would be more receptive which in turn would make guys more respectful. But people are unfortunately dicks and think they can say whatever they want over the Internet. One of my reasons for losing faith in mankind tbh. But... Hopefully you'll have more luck in the future.

Well I got a message asking..

"Do you want to sit on this?" Accompanied by a picture of their cock..

I replied "No"

I feel that is an acceptable reply, they asked a question..I answered it.

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We like to always get back to messages with at least a no thanks, etc sentence.

We’ve found for us if you are beyond the first message then single word or very short answers are a bit of a red flag that we won’t get on with the person/people.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

"Wish we had automated responses for declining messages from people.

I think this is double edged sword. I imagine receiving dozens of “no thank you” automated responses could cause more harm to one’s fragile ego than just accepting that no response is a response in itself (as stated clearly on website FAQs). Just my opinion, though."

No but it’s a reply. It could be a simple sentence then blocks the user from messaging you again as well

longton

"Everyone knows the no reply is a reply mantra by now but what about those who initiate the conversation and then expect the other person to carry the load?

I don't send messages but a lot of the messages I receive from well verified women and couples just say hi, facepic, number.

Some are slightly more detailed but as soon as I respond they revert to one word messages.

Why bother getting in touch in the first place if you don't have the ability to carry a conversation?

"

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

Unless you ask a yes or no question I find it unbelievable that people think it's okay to do this... I get woman couples ect get 1000s of messages but if you're going to reply to someone give them the respect.

Well I got a message asking..

"Do you want to sit on this?" Accompanied by a picture of their cock..

I replied "No"

I feel that is an acceptable reply, they asked a question..I answered it.

"

No is a full sentence

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

You can see from responses here how rude ,(they probably deem themselves witty) many women and couples are on here.

They do not want basic messages but will happily send them.

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

"Well it really depends on context doesn't it. What you may think is a decent first message may not be someone else's idea of a decent message. For example.. If you get 100 messages a day and every message says "hi want to meet" (or something to that effect) then are you going to send an individual reply to each person when they haven't had the courtesy or respect to read your profile?..

My absolute hate on this site is people don't read your profile. They're messaging to ask you for something you aren't looking for. I understand from a guys perspective, a lot of my friends are males and I understand and respect how hard it is for guys on fab and at clubs etc. So I get that to even receive a reply some guys have to send 100 messages. So guys often resort to cut and paste or a terrible message. But at the same time if they sent less messages but made more of an effort most would find they get more meets. Tailor a message to each person, yes it takes more effort but for me if someone can't be bothered to read my profile and try connect with me I'm not replying. How much effort are they going to make sexually if you can't send a decent message?

You then have the abuse or questioning. "why won't you meet me", "am I not your type" tbh I don't have time to deal with it.

I hate the hierarchy of women and couples on fab and I don't agree with it. I do make an effort with guys, when I attend clubs I will try talk to everyone (single guys included). There are so many disrespectful guys though on the swinging scene and unfortunately all men get lumped into that.

So the only advice I can give is it takes everyone to make a change. It really is a viscous cycle. If men made more of an effort then women and couples would be more receptive which in turn would make guys more respectful. But people are unfortunately dicks and think they can say whatever they want over the Internet. One of my reasons for losing faith in mankind tbh. But... Hopefully you'll have more luck in the future. "

This is a more reasoned, fair and intelligent response I'd say.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Bye seems a good one you don't really need to add anything

"Wish we had automated responses for declining messages from people."

I was once a member of another site, I'm not sure it exists anymore.

They had the automated message response.

It changed very little, still received messages asking why, it trying to change it minds.

The forum was littered with posts regarding these automated responses and how rude they were, etc etc.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Whatever.

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

If someone messages me, and it's clear they didn't read my profile, they'll get 1 word replies until they get the hint. Far better for me than when I reject and I get abuse for it

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

So, if someone messages me “wanna chat?” I’m not going to put more work in than he did.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

Jumping to conclusions OP. I’ve had messages where because of the time it’s landed and what I am doing I’ve sent a one word reply. Is it better not to reply at all until you have time to do so. But then they see you have read the message and not replied so think you’re not interested. Best not to jump to immediate conclusions is my motto

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Some messages only require a one word answer, some don't even deserve one word.

By *Spicey4MeMan 46 weeks ago

Leeds

"Well it really depends on context doesn't it. What you may think is a decent first message may not be someone else's idea of a decent message. For example.. If you get 100 messages a day and every message says "hi want to meet" (or something to that effect) then are you going to send an individual reply to each person when they haven't had the courtesy or respect to read your profile?..

So the only advice I can give is it takes everyone to make a change. It really is a viscous cycle. If men made more of an effort then women and couples would be more receptive which in turn would make guys more respectful. But people are unfortunately dicks and think they can say whatever they want over the Internet. One of my reasons for losing faith in mankind tbh. But... Hopefully you'll have more luck in the future. "

Well said.. peoples ability to NOT read is incredibly alarming.

By *r-8-BBCMan 46 weeks ago

LONDON

"I find it rude that if I don't reply then I get abuse.

So I use one word answers until they decide I'm boring and fuck off on their own accord rather than get pissy about being rejected.

If they'd read my profile in the first place the whole thing could have been avoided "

How long does it take to delete a message instead of not answering? I find that equally rude.

By *luttyLaylaWoman 46 weeks ago

North West

No one’s entitled to anything on here.

If you’re offended and find stuff rude by the way people act on here (which many don’t see as real life) then probs best to use a different site.

I’d never ignore someone who purposely said hi to me in a club or real life, I delete 100s of messages daily without a second thought on here.

Guys read way too much into fab IMO it’s not that serious…

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 46 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If they'd read my profile in the first place the whole thing could have been avoided

How long does it take to delete a message instead of not answering? I find that equally rude."

Delete your outbox and don't worry about whether it's read without response or deleted. People maintain their inboxes in different ways and checking the outbox to see if its read or deleted seems desperately unhealthy.

By *hrimper36Couple 46 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

If we get a one word message then the reply is one word and so on.

Respect works both ways.

T

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS 46 weeks ago

dudley

I answer all messages I get sent (and it’s quite a few) I treat most of them as “multiple choice “ answers are Yes/No Bear in mind I never asked these people to instigate a conversation with me in the first place, conversely if I message someone and don’t get a reply back I know they are not interested and don’t loose any sleep over it , I never resort to blocking people,

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

I use two words NO THANKS.

By *entle_lover_xMan 46 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

How long does it take to delete a message instead of not answering? I find that equally rude."

Some of the ladies and couples are getting a huge number of messages a day, especially if they put up pics or a meet request. It can just get overwhelming going through them, so people just don't read or read and leave and then do a bulk delete when time. Some people need a full-time Fabmin assistant. Wouldn't take it personally and see it as rude.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple 46 weeks ago

Weymouth

"No one’s entitled to anything on here.

If you’re offended and find stuff rude by the way people act on here (which many don’t see as real life) then probs best to use a different site.

I’d never ignore someone who purposely said hi to me in a club or real life, I delete 100s of messages daily without a second thought on here.

Guys read way too much into fab IMO it’s not that serious… "

This!! We get ignored by women, other couples and even GASP single guys, but we don't cry about it!

By *sagent81Man 46 weeks ago

leeds

If they aren’t interested why are they replying in the first place?

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 46 weeks ago

Telford

I'll use one word replies if I'm not interested, it's actually easier sometimes than stating I'm not interested because people don't always take a respectful no thank you well.

I would assume they were not interested.

By *reative-mindMan 46 weeks ago

Exeter

I quite like replying to one word replies with one word replies, turning the tables. They clearly arnt interested so I'm not losing anything.

My record is currently 10 messages before they got board.

By *londie8399Couple 46 weeks ago

blackpool

We only reply with one worded answers if the profile is very basic with no information can't base a well worded message with nothing to go on

By *arbellsWoman 46 weeks ago

Cambridge

"If they aren’t interested why are they replying in the first place? "

Because if we don't reply we are rude, if we do reply we get abuse or this kinda shit. Okay I'll reply to the 130 messages I got yesterday all with no thanks. I haven't got that amount of free time. I don't owe anyone anything

By *entleman JayMan 45 weeks ago

Wakefield

I’ve got a couple who keep contacting me. I’ve told them I’m happy to meet them, they just need to pick a date. It’s so hard when I get a one word answer every three or four days.

By *ORDERMANMan 45 weeks ago

wrexham

It's also evident that a lot of folk who converse in short messages are sometimes under influence

As too impatient to write more

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple 45 weeks ago

Weymouth

"It's also evident that a lot of folk who converse in short messages are sometimes under influence

As too impatient to write more "

That would explain a lot!

By *bwgirlygirlWoman 45 weeks ago

Glasgow

"We only reply with one worded answers if the profile is very basic with no information can't base a well worded message with nothing to go on"

You can base it on the conversation surely?

By *assy LassieWoman 45 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Would much rather a hi message than a mammoth amateur porn script.

By *ryton 123TV/TS 45 weeks ago

Chatham

I did start chatting with a guy and he was hard work, never really asked anything and answers were short. Gave up eventually and blocked him.

By *cotty_01ukMan 45 weeks ago

birmingham

"Would much rather a hi message than a mammoth amateur porn script."

Mammoth porn script haha that's funny

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

"Hey is another one that annoys me.if you can't be arsed to make an effort with your messages don't expect any replies "

We get several of these a day. 'Hey' or just 'Hi'. We delete these immediately without response. We've had one that just sent '?' and one that just said 'postcode?'

I get that single guys send a large amount of messages without response and therefore they stop putting any effort in. This just ensures that they will continue to get no replies. We're not looking for war and peace and a well crafted cut and paste is fine if it shows that they can spell and have a basic grasp of grammar and can show a bit of personality.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 45 weeks ago

Reading

If they'd read my profile in the first place the whole thing could have been avoided "

Just block them. Saves time.

By *imisugarWoman 45 weeks ago

Rugby

[Removed by poster at 19/07/23 09:37:15]

By *imisugarWoman 45 weeks ago

Rugby

"Would much rather a hi message than a mammoth amateur porn script.

Mammoth porn script haha that's funny "

Those really put me off.

The copy paste jobs also irritate me so much.

By *eavenscentitCouple 45 weeks ago

barnstaple

One word answer = not interested

By *atEvolutionCouple 45 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I bet if the one word reply was 'Yes' there would be no complaint here.

However. Knocking on someone's door doesn't give you the right that they should answer it. So. I think getting a one word reply is really above and beyond your expectation.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 45 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Whatever.

By *oiluvfunMan 45 weeks ago

Penrith

The classic “Lol x” gets a block from me

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

The classic “Lol x” gets a block from me "

Jeezzz that’s a bit harsh..you get blocking me then I loving using lol

» Add a new message to this topic