FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > WRITING YOUR PROFILE - ONE STOP SHOP

WRITING YOUR PROFILE - ONE STOP SHOP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Introduce who you are and what you are about first, people have to desire, you you know. What are your best qualities, what are you good at, what do you enjoy? Good luck with it x

Please feel free to put in your bit ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dont have those silly disclaimers on profile they mean nothing.

Pretend you are approaching someone at a bar in your area and treat them thus.

Just because it's a swingers site doesn't mean you don't have to make a good impression.

Learn to use capitals only when required, along with punctuation and so on.

For some of us, first impressions *do* count.

Oh and if you are not fully bi... don't write to a couple with babe, sweetheart, sexy girl etc etc... it might be the male you are communicating with!

I hate it when we get emails saying "can i shag your wife" so they assume they are emailing Mr when its always Mrs,i wont reply to those emails so if emailing a couple say Hi Both or use their username x

we got one last week sounded like it was the juicy part of a readers wives letter..then at the bottom "well,what ya reckon?

[Removed by poster at 24/08/10 15:58:34]

Don't believe everything you read unless you want to shag the writer.

I find it rather cathartic just deleting the messages, just let them amass then delete.

If I get a message from someone within the criteria I'm looking for who has obviously read my profile I'll reply even if it's to say "no thanks".

The others don't warrant a response: if they'd taken a minute to read my profile it states clearly don't waste your time contacting me if you're not what I want as I'll delete without reading.

Now I can't be fairer or clearer than that!!

"Pretend you are approaching someone at a bar in your area and treat them thus.

Just because it's a swingers site doesn't mean you don't have to make a good impression.

For some of us, first impressions *do* count."

Awesome advice, I mean who walks up to people in a bar and says "hi i am dave, i want to fuck as many of the women in here as possible!!"

More than a one liner is definitely needed. Though try not to put them to sleep like mine does!

Awesome advice, I mean who walks up to people in a bar and says "hi i am dave, i want to fuck as many of the women in here as possible!!"

More than a one liner is definitely needed. Though try not to put them to sleep like mine does!"

See his profile for a damn good example of how to write one.

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Is this advice for all profiles on here or just for cpls for single guys sell your self it works

"Is this advice for all profiles on here or just for cpls for single guys sell your self it works "

A good profile is a good profile regardless of the sex / status of the humans behind it.

More than a one liner is definitely needed. Though try not to put them to sleep like mine does!

See his profile for a damn good example of how to write one."

Wondered why i had a sudden increase of profile views!

Thanks for the compliment!

was thinking my profiles too long or not structured right, anyone want to give me feedback on it

thanks

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

here is one for an advice thread.... which is going to sound both wierd and nasty... but bear with me

don't!!! with the greatest of respect

I think what you unintentionally do with threads like these is a couple of things......

you tell every timewaster how to get round peoples confidence..... hey... minimum effort, maximum results!!!

you make it harder for those who do actually "get it" to stand out from those who don't ......

you make it harder to those people who are looking to work out who actually does "get it" and those who don't.....

I really hate to say this... but what is wrong with people finding there own way..... people learn from them, it makes them stronger....

make people read, make them do there due diligence, get a better understanding for what they are getting into... and if that means they have to wait longer for meets, then so what.... means they are more rounded people who do "get it" won't be the ones complaining anyway

welcome to everyone swinger acting the same, writing the same and saying the same because it is deemed right....

all that threads like these create is clone after clone after clone......

"here is one for an advice thread.... which is going to sound both wierd and nasty... but bear with me

don't!!! with the greatest of respect

I think what you unintentionally do with threads like these is a couple of things......

you tell every timewaster how to get round peoples confidence..... hey... minimum effort, maximum results!!!

you make it harder for those who do actually "get it" to stand out from those who don't ......

you make it harder to those people who are looking to work out who actually does "get it" and those who don't.....

I really hate to say this... but what is wrong with people finding there own way..... people learn from them, it makes them stronger....

make people read, make them do there due diligence, get a better understanding for what they are getting into... and if that means they have to wait longer for meets, then so what.... means they are more rounded people who do "get it" won't be the ones complaining anyway

welcome to everyone swinger acting the same, writing the same and saying the same because it is deemed right....

all that threads like these create is clone after clone after clone......

"

Well that's me told then

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Well that's me told then "

like I said... I am not doubting it is probably a well intentioned thread..... but why give the game away so to speak... we all had to learn somehow/way... and I bet a lot of us did that from learning from our own mistakes.....

all people get out of me is "time, patience, common sense"...... it doesn't have to be rocket science..,,

Sorry Fabio I have to disagree with you on this one, yes helping to write someones profile will create clones and some unworthy people may appear more worthy than they are.

There are hundreds of tossers on here, couples, single females and single males, but there are a lot of really nice people too, some are new to all this and don't know how to put a good profile together.

The tossers will soon "out themselves" no matter what help and advice they get and most will ignore the advice they get anyway.

So if any of us can help the decent newbies so much the better.

Yes helping the decent newbies will make it harder for those who have already clicked on how to do better on here, but thats not just singles, couples too will have more competition and single females.

So my bit in a bid to help is:

When sending mails or putting your profile together the first thing to do is to put yourself in the position of those you are hoping to contact.

Think about what you would like to know about them, what would make you want to take it further.

For example a single guy contacting a couple, be that couple for a few minutes

Would you like a message that says "I wanna fuck your missus" or would you like a message that shows they have read your profile.

That shows you have respect for them and what they do.

It's ok to say "can travel" but how far ?

Accommodate - great but overnight or just for the meet, at home or will you supply a hotel room ?

Single male, can't accommodate, why not, there are lots of valid reasons why some can't but why not put a reason in your profile, many couples will right off single guys who can't accommodate, tell them you live in shared accommodation or your a one parent family or whatever, it's your business but it helps and you will notice that most couples profiles explain why they can't accommodate.

Take a few moments to tick the boxes of what your into, if its watersports tick it but don't just leave the whole lot on there it implies laziness or desperation.

By all means copy and paste a basic letter that you can send to everyone with the standard information about yourself but always read the persons profile and add a little individual information to your mail to show that you have given them the courtesy of reading it.

Have pictures, you dont have to show your face, blot it out or face away from the camera, have your boob, cock, pussy pics in private galleries to send to people you are interested in along with your face pics.

If your bisexual you don't have to be proud of it, but you don't have to be ashamed of it either, state orally bisexual, bi-curios or bi-sexual, be comforatable with what you are.

thats a few things I think might help everyone couples and singles alike.

"

Well that's me told then

like I said... I am not doubting it is probably a well intentioned thread..... but why give the game away so to speak... we all had to learn somehow/way... and I bet a lot of us did that from learning from our own mistakes.....

all people get out of me is "time, patience, common sense"...... it doesn't have to be rocket science..,,"

Personally, I love a good FAQ

Personally I believe you are who you are... ok, a good profile can attract a bit more attention, but if it isn't true then what's the point? If everyone was to follow a perfect guide on how to have a profile then they'd all be the same anyway. Your true personality and intentions will always come across eventually, and a person will either like or dislike that. Just be yourself, not what you think people want you to be so you can get a shag!

What's the harm in helping others? If they become a clone they will soon be found out when they meet someone!

"What's the harm in helping others? If they become a clone they will soon be found out when they meet someone!"

No harm in helping others... unless it helps them pretend to be someone that they aren't. All I'm saying is there is no magic formula, people will like you for you...

We purposely made our profile long, so that we can tell if people do actually read them......and it works.

Oh and if juzie wasnt miles away - we would shag him ....... wife like Marti Pellow lookalikes ....and he is quite cute

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What's the harm in helping others? If they become a clone they will soon be found out when they meet someone!

No harm in helping others... unless it helps them pretend to be someone that they aren't. All I'm saying is there is no magic formula, people will like you for you..."

which is why I am not a fan of any of these guide.... whether it was the phase for single guys what was the fad a few months ago, or now telling people what they should/shouldn't put in profiles....

what happened to individuality?

you can tell people what to put in but I don't think that actually teaches people and thats the key different....

something you have to let people find out that when you see a "wet paint" sign , sometimes it is wet paint!... that if someone says it is a hot plate.. it actually is......

spoonfeed people all you like.... but in the end it doesn't help in the development... sometimes people just have to find out for themselves....

See his profile for a damn good example of how to write one.

"

Have to agree excellent profile

Most of the advice isn't about telling them what to put, it is about advising them what many like to see in a profile, basically information and expanded information, it's not about imposing your will on people and it's not about trying to keep the competition down.

"Introduce who you are and what you are about first, people have to desire, you you know. What are your best qualities, what are you good at, what do you enjoy? Good luck with it x

Please feel free to put in your bit ...."

I really cannot see how the above can be interpreted as spoonfeeding. But hey what do I know, I've only been teaching for twenty years.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Most of the advice isn't about telling them what to put, it is about advising them what many like to see in a profile, basically information and expanded information, it's not about imposing your will on people and it's not about trying to keep the competition down."

its not about keeping the competition down at all... because those who understand and "get it" will still get meets regardless.......

from example.... we always say that you get out of swinging the effort you put in.... which is the same as most things in life and is basically common sense.....

so if people decide that all the effort they want to put into a profile is for example "2 lines and a couple of cock shots" thats tells me they didn't think about it at all..... sorry.....

it tells me they haven't read up, it tells me they did no due diligence, no thought went into what they were doing...

harsh.... probably

fair....... absolutely

like i said... I was never going to look like "the good guy" like some people were going to in this thread.......

I will say to same to anyone who asks "time, patience and common sense"... I don't think you go far wrong with those if you "get it" and understand it....

"Oh and if juzie wasnt miles away - we would shag him ....... wife like Marti Pellow lookalikes ....and he is quite cute "

thanks, and i do travel hehe

[Removed by poster at 25/08/10 00:04:28]

"

Have to agree excellent profile "

You are welcome to find out if i match up to it as well hehe

I have been on this site for 2 or 3 months now and never been 100% happy with my profile as I sometimes find it hard to put thoughts into proper words that make sense to more than just me and structured properly but thanks to this thread I feel I may have.

So firstly a big thank you to Be Nice for starting this thread and secondly thank you to everyone else who has added their thoughts and opinions on how to create a good profile.

Having people who are willing to be helpful and throw some pointers into the forums for "Newbies" and people like me makes this site so good. Please keep it up as I'm sure there a lot of people with the same sort of writers block who just need a little nudge in the right direction

And...........

Dont put "wont meet smokers"

If you are willing to do so....

so aggravating

"And...........

Dont put "wont meet smokers"

If you are willing to do so....

so aggravating "

i agree with that one too

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

If the male is straight and has no Bi tendencies, read our fecking profile first!

we decided to make it simple and not write much .....

"we decided to make it simple and not write much ..... "

Yeah right! Have to say, quite an extensive profile! Would be more than happy to meet with WakeyCouple

So tell me, could do a marti pellow tribute if you want

"Introduce who you are and what you are about first, people have to desire, you you know. What are your best qualities, what are you good at, what do you enjoy? Good luck with it x

Please feel free to put in your bit ...."

I agree my profile started out as a single paragraph but has evolved through my experiences on here. As long you are honest in what you are looking for then you cannot go wrong. Love H xx

We've been at this a few years, and never quite sure what to put in our profile. Short profiles that tell you nothing are depressing, and so are those stupid disclaimers. We don't demand essays of other people, or absolutely perfect spelling, grammar etc but text speak is a huge no-no.

We change our profile from being nicey nicey to be brutally honest. At the moment, we're on the brutally honest side. Would be interested in any feedback on this.

As for our advice - be upfront about your preferences. Sick of getting in touch with couples who's profile is a couple of sentences but after exchanging lots of e-mails it turns out you're not gonna match do our/their preferences.

Be yourself, and resign to the fact that you may not be everyone's cup of tea!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Do not include the phrase "I have a good sense of humour".......... if you have to tell people you've got one, you haven't.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

For some of us, first impressions *do* count."

And...if your a professional couple look up in a dictionary how many eff's in professional!

We always try to cram a lot into our profile..maybe too much, but we strive to make it a fair reflection of ourselves as we dont want to lead anyone on etc..unfortunately, now we have had to start it off with a little bit of a 'negative' as we are totally pissed off with people sending invites who want to meet..they obviously havn't read the pe through.

The most off putting things in other peopls profiles are..bad grammar, bad spelling, lack of punctuation and short messages like 'Here for fun'

Oh and pictures of people in rooms that look like they have just been burgled.

A profile is like a business card..its more than likely the first point of contact..scruffy cheap poorly designed cards (like those awful things you can get printed in a service station)are a terrible advert for someones business...and profiles are the same.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

In an ideal world... what I like to find out from a profile (the bit they actually type rather than tick) is:

1 - What sort of fun/play they are looking for.

2 - What sort of people they seek to have the fun/play with.

3 - If they can manage to type the above two in a manner which gives a glimps of their personality.

I am wary of peeps who describe themselves as pretty or handsome, as I believe beauty is in the eyes of the beholder etc..., IMHO!

A sense of self-depreciation and mockery makes one more appealing IMHO, as it makes the person appear more humble.

Good use of line breaks also helps, as I find it difficult to read one long paragraph, as seen in some profiles!

profile post

» Add a new message to this topic