FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What is swinging???

What is swinging???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What exactly is swinging? Unlike "open marriages" of the 1970's which promoted non-possessive love and tolerance of infidelity in their spouses (O'Neill and O'Neill, 1972), or "polyamory" (Wesp, 1992) - the love of many people at once – swinging is non-monogamous sexual activity, treated much like any other social activity, that can be experienced as a couple. Emotional monogamy, or commitment to the love relationship with one's marital partner, remains the primary focus. Swinging is usually done in the presence of one's spouse and requires the consent of both to the experience. Although swingers often become close friends with other swinging couples, there are unspoken rules restricting emotional involvement with non-spousal partners. While swinging involves having sex with people other than one's spouse, its adherents claim that it enhances the relationship of the swinging couple both sexually and emotionally. By removing the secrecy and dishonesty inherent in one's natural desires for sexual variety, the couple can explore their fantasies together without deceit or guilt. By removing the necessity for deceit from the relationship, a new level of trust and openness about all of one's feelings is supposedly achieved without the destructive baggage of jealousy.happy swinging every 1 xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

B+

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

F

Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality, Volume 3, Oct. 10, 2000 - quoting McGinley, 1995

But still a good reference.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"F

Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality, Volume 3, Oct. 10, 2000 - quoting McGinley, 1995

But still a good reference. "

I want some anti plagarism softwear too

Not faiiiiirrrrrr

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

You forgot to mention the authors polo lol

Authors:

Dr. Curtis Bergstrand, Associate Professor of Sociology, Bellarmine University

cbergstrand@bellarmine.edu

Ms. Jennifer Blevins Williams, Department of Sociology, Bellarmine University

jwilliams@bellarmine.edu

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yes it was but its very true, and thought i might share it with everyone x

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"yes it was but its very true, and thought i might share it with everyone x "

I am glad you did.

Far too many single people try to twist and stretch the ethos of swinging to fit what they do, as if it were a designer t-shirt.... one size too small.

Amazes me how so many references always try and date the start of swinging lol

The evidence is there if ya look for it that mankind has never been comfortable with monogamy

Swinging as such has always been with us and in my humble opinion monogamy is not the "norm" lol xx

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Soapy is right, from what we've read, until xtianity came along and spoilt everything, group-sex and swapping were the norm in many societies. We think humankind is just finding its way back to where we were before, only with contraception to make things even more fun. Interesting to see all the 'higher' animals like dolphins and chimps practice group-sex.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

me getting my leg over.......

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

In my opinion it's too narrow a defintion (setting aside the issue of singles playing only with other singles).

This defintion speaks only for married couples ("marital partner", "spouses") with no reference to long-term

committed relationships. It also does not really consider the couples who play only with either a single male or single female. If you take it that swinging is something done only by married couples....what on earth is the single playmate of such a couple doing?

I think its virtually impossible for there to be an absolute defintion of what swinging is......but does it even matter.....as long as the people partaking in the experience are having fun.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Bloody hell, I hadn't realised that's what we've been doing for the last xxxxx years - Z

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Readers Wives...................top shelf

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

The natural animalistic behaviour of the human was/is apparently the same as most other animals. The human female is naturally promiscuous such that the strongest and fittest males will seed her offspring. A man being sexually aroused when another male mates his partner is also thought to be a natural instinctive reaction causing him to re-mate the female and increase his chances of continuing his genes. So it would seem that swinging in its simplest basic form has existed for as long as humans have.

It’s only various societies and or religions that imposed moral codes of practice and restrictions of who might have sex with who that invented monogamy. Jealousy is also probably a totally natural response driven by animalistic ‘resource guarding’.

It seems there is now evidence to support what was once just theory since the fairly recent discovery of ‘killer sperm’. Modern technology has determined that only 1% of human sperm is fertile, the other 99% is made up of killers and blockers. The killers will attack and kill a foreign invasion of sperm from the ‘sloppy seconds’ bloke while the blockers form a barrier around the cervix. So he who provides the most ejaculate in volume and frequency will be the father of the child.

This also leads to males naturally being attracted to females with ‘child bearing hips’ and large breasts. Equally the female is instinctively attracted to larger more muscular men with a good size appendage and matching gonads.

Most of this pales into insignificance as in practice most of the sexual activity that humans have is purely recreational and so boobs, hips, balls and cocks become purely aesthetic attributes.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"What exactly is swinging? Unlike "open marriages" of the 1970's which promoted non-possessive love and tolerance of infidelity in their spouses (O'Neill and O'Neill, 1972), or "polyamory" (Wesp, 1992) - the love of many people at once – swinging is non-monogamous sexual activity, treated much like any other social activity, that can be experienced as a couple. Emotional monogamy, or commitment to the love relationship with one's marital partner, remains the primary focus. Swinging is usually done in the presence of one's spouse and requires the consent of both to the experience. Although swingers often become close friends with other swinging couples, there are unspoken rules restricting emotional involvement with non-spousal partners. While swinging involves having sex with people other than one's spouse, its adherents claim that it enhances the relationship of the swinging couple both sexually and emotionally. By removing the secrecy and dishonesty inherent in one's natural desires for sexual variety, the couple can explore their fantasies together without deceit or guilt. By removing the necessity for deceit from the relationship, a new level of trust and openness about all of one's feelings is supposedly achieved without the destructive baggage of jealousy.happy swinging every 1 xx"

Bit long winded there...

What about...

'Fucking someones wife while they fuck yours'?...plain, and to the point!

i thought swinging was being fucked about by people who ask to meet,send pics and speak on the phone then go silent on the day.

and you never hear from them again.

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

"i thought swinging was being fucked about by people who ask to meet,send pics and speak on the phone then go silent on the day.

and you never hear from them again.

"

No... that's just husbands with crap sex lives who 'think' they can get a free fuck off sites like this. Swinging is about learning the skills to spot such idiots and finding real swingers

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"The natural animalistic behaviour of the human was/is apparently the same as most other animals. The human female is naturally promiscuous such that the strongest and fittest males will seed her offspring. A man being sexually aroused when another male mates his partner is also thought to be a natural instinctive reaction causing him to re-mate the female and increase his chances of continuing his genes. So it would seem that swinging in its simplest basic form has existed for as long as humans have.

It’s only various societies and or religions that imposed moral codes of practice and restrictions of who might have sex with who that invented monogamy. Jealousy is also probably a totally natural response driven by animalistic ‘resource guarding’.

It seems there is now evidence to support what was once just theory since the fairly recent discovery of ‘killer sperm’. Modern technology has determined that only 1% of human sperm is fertile, the other 99% is made up of killers and blockers. The killers will attack and kill a foreign invasion of sperm from the ‘sloppy seconds’ bloke while the blockers form a barrier around the cervix. So he who provides the most ejaculate in volume and frequency will be the father of the child.

This also leads to males naturally being attracted to females with ‘child bearing hips’ and large breasts. Equally the female is instinctively attracted to larger more muscular men with a good size appendage and matching gonads.

Most of this pales into insignificance as in practice most of the sexual activity that humans have is purely recreational and so boobs, hips, balls and cocks become purely aesthetic attributes.

"

"You and me baby we ain't nothin' but mammals

So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel"

Swinging dates back to the 1800s by its founder member Sir Henry Swingalot who devised swinging as a form of evening entertainment. Each person wishing to become involved had to bring a lump of their horses faeces and put this in the centre of the village square. Each person had to take a lump of horse shit and whoever owned the horse was their playmate for the evening.

This eventually upgrated to car keys in the 1970s

Contace messages on the back pages of Fiesta and Forum in the 1980s

And with the explosion of the internet, here we all are today

Just because it is written in a book doesnt mean its the definition of anything...

I have a few things that you could find to quote but does not mean its the gospel, it was just my findings at the time.

I dont really think that Master and I fit what is seen as the stereotypical swingers as we would rather not have sex with others than do couple swaps.. as to us thats almost cheating with consent. We have to be involved with it all together, from planning to actual play, to the together time after.

I think to be fair we dont really see ourselves as swingers, buts its hard to find people in the outside world that are up for NSA fun. So we find that these sites are useful for us to find guys up for the fun we want.

To be fair we could not say swinging with another couple would ever appeal... nor do we really see it as what swinging is for us. But then I think if we had to have a title it woudlnt be swingers.. it would be sexual adverturers or something similar.

Katie. x

» Add a new message to this topic