FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What's fabswingers mum?

What's fabswingers mum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atine OP   Woman  over a year ago

tayside

Ok, you're up late and your child comes down to find you, as they can't sleep, and you inadvertantly forget to minimise all your open windows on the laptop!

What do you do when they ask... "mum what's fabswingers?"

Apart from freak, I gave a weak answer and said that it was a joke site!

Not impressed with myself!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How old are they? I have no ideas of things to say to a small kid but if they're old enough to be able to google and understand to some extent, can you say someone at work asked you to look at a profile for them and see what you thought, or you'd heard a colleague was on here through the _umour mill and wanted to see what everyone was talking about?

(I have no kids, I've never had to deal with it but just a thought )

tell them what it is dont be shy lol . our kids no we are on here and all the familys do.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Really depends on the age of the child.

But a site where people chat and make new friends should cover it for the young uns.

tayside

My child is 10 (going on 20!). Could never imagine saying exactly what the site is let alone telling any other member of my family. I'm a good catholic girl! hehe

A good friend did point out that if at school they might say "oh my mum found a great joke site called fabswingers!". That would go over all the kids heads but then the teachers might raise an eyebrow or too! Can you imagine parents night?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i had the opposite happen to me, as showing off my new snazy phone to my mum forgetting that i had been browsing fab last

she opens up the internet page, bit of a confused look on her before i snatch (yes i know its not polite!!!) the phone out of her hand

she hasnt actually mentioned it but there's no way she didnt see!!!!

tayside

"i had the opposite happen to me, as showing off my new snazy phone to my mum forgetting that i had been browsing fab last

she opens up the internet page, bit of a confused look on her before i snatch (yes i know its not polite!!!) the phone out of her hand

she hasnt actually mentioned it but there's no way she didnt see!!!!"

Oh I feel for you!

I just say facebook for grown ups. Social networking site.

tayside

"I just say facebook for grown ups. Social networking site."

Oh I like the sound of that response!

By *slandcplCouple  over a year ago

canvey island

A similar thing happened to me at work when the owner of the company I was managing saw the banner for fab on my monitor and asked what it was. Quick as a flash,,,, excuse the pun, I answered "its a jaz music appreciation society". I'm not at all sure he believed me. lol.

im assuming they young enough to blag as now days if they was teenagers they'd know what a swingers was anyway

im which case id have said....it says fab singers you wally you really need to learn how to read lol

This may sound harsh but why does a parent need to offer an explanation to a nosey young child?

Although there were no such thing as P.C's when I was a youngster,I'm sure if either of my parents had been reading or writing a letter and I'd have picked it up and said "Who's this from/to?" the least I would have got was "Mind your own business!".

What your parents did was their affair in those days.

These days it seems the tail wags the dog! R

XX

If this is a young child id agree but savvy teenagers it tweenies will google the name

It's a difficult situation with no easy answer without knowing the particular circumstances but perhaps a discussion on sexuality and the sex forms part of the response

It's not an easy dilemma so go with what you think is right for your kids - you know them best

"This may sound harsh but why does a parent need to offer an explanation to a nosey young child?

Although there were no such thing as P.C's when I was a youngster,I'm sure if either of my parents had been reading or writing a letter and I'd have picked it up and said "Who's this from/to?" the least I would have got was "Mind your own business!".

What your parents did was their affair in those days.

These days it seems the tail wags the dog! R

XX"

Indeed! I posted a thread a few months ago alone the lines of the tail wagging the dog after watching "Wanted Down Under". The adults were leaving it to their 9 year old kids whether they emigrated or not!

By *ibrosMan  over a year ago

harrow

"i had the opposite happen to me, as showing off my new snazy phone to my mum forgetting that i had been browsing fab last

she hasnt actually mentioned it but there's no way she didnt see!!!!"

That's how my mate found out, except they were pictures of me with a partner on my dipstick, I mean memory stick!

"This may sound harsh but why does a parent need to offer an explanation to a nosey young child?"

because we care about what our children think

and because id sooner my child ask me than go to school and ask their teacher what fab swingers was

"This may sound harsh but why does a parent need to offer an explanation to a nosey young child?

and because id sooner my child ask me than go to school and ask their teacher what fab swingers was "

.... Like the teacher would tell you child what fabswingrs is lol more likey to have a quiet word with you maybe say so your in to swinging fancy a shag lol

* crEEp roUnd graVeyArd *

[Removed by poster at 23/02/11 17:52:21]

and because id sooner my child ask me than go to school and ask their teacher what fab swingers was .... Like the teacher would tell you child what fabswingrs is lol more likey to have a quiet word with you maybe say so your in to swinging fancy a shag lol

* crEEp roUnd graVeyArd * "

i never thought for one second the teacher would tell them

i was more getting to the point i wouldnt want my child asking about it at school, doesnt look very good on my parenting if my 10 year old child is asking teachers what swingers site are does it

So if the situation ever did arise that my child saw me on here id sooner sort it out at home than leave them still wondering and asking other people

By *nkednkinky_bbwWoman  over a year ago

cannock

before i left the house on sunday to go to chams my 16 yr old asked me why i always take a towel with me when i go out.....my answer 'cos i want to!'

monday morning she then asked why i take an overnight bag with me when i'm usually home by 2am.....my answer 'cos i want to!'

i don't feel the need to explain what i do when it doesnt affect our normal day to day life. which is also why i didn't ask after finding another swinging site in the favourites on my dads laptop. though i do always look for my parents car before i go into chams

my son asked me a few years ago if he could have a fab swingers account ( he was 10), he thought it was like msn etc, i just told him no cos its adults only and u have 2 be 18 to have an account. as far as hes concerned its just a chat i use to talk to friends and has never mentioned it since.

and because id sooner my child ask me than go to school and ask their teacher what fab swingers was "

That's exactly what I mean, there's no way, as a child, I would have discussed or questioned any of my parents personal activities.

I instinctively knew from an early age that if a parent wants you to know something then they will tell you about it.

Besides which, I had no interest at all in what my parents did in their private lives.

I was no saint and admit, like most kids, that I rummaged about when left alone but wouldn't dare ask about anything I might have found.

Its my belief that kids these days are told too much too soon and allowed to have too much say in what their parents do.

Its as if some parents feel answerable to their children for what they do in their personal lives.

Familiarity breeds contempt and it could well be that because some children know everything their parents get up to, and take and unhealthy interest in finding out, that the lack of respect for parents and adults in general has fallen. R

XX

"I just say facebook for grown ups. Social networking site."

Pretty much what I say, it's an adult site, it's got sexy stuff on it so it's not for them.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Firstly, we wouldn't have been on a site like this if there was a danger of one of our kids coming to find us!

Secondly, Why do you have to close down windows? Why not close the top of the lappy down??? Can't see anything then!

Thirdly, Ric (traceandric)is right! As someone else said (Sassy?) these days it is like the tail wagging the dog!

Kids should fit in with us, not us fit in with the kids. Tell em what me dear old mum told us, go away and mind your own business!!

» Add a new message to this topic