FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > psoriasis

psoriasis

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey how do you all feel about meeting people with psoriasis I started getting patches of it about a year ago Its putting me off meeting people because it's all under my boobs and inner thighs it's kinda under control in the sense of it's not really dry skin anymore it's just changed the pigment of the skin to red

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

None of us are perfect, try not to worry about it too much. If someone has found you attractive enough to get naked with you, then something like that shouldn't put them off. If it does, would you really want intimacy with them anyway?

Very true I'm still working out how to even start this lifestyle I know I won't be everyone's cup of tea anyway as I'm a big girl but I don't feel self conscious of my weight so guess I need the same thought process on the redness of my skin

just don't want people to think I have some disease hahaha

"None of us are perfect, try not to worry about it too much. If someone has found you attractive enough to get naked with you, then something like that shouldn't put them off. If it does, would you really want intimacy with them anyway?"

Totally agree with this!

Having had experience with someone who had flair ups occasionally, I can understand your concern. If it would bother you, then maybe it's something you could mention before you meet, rather than there being any sort of reaction from a potential partner, perhaps from someone who is unaware of what it actually is, which would make you feel much worse.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Does your partner see it as a problem ....or just you ... it may not be as apparant as you think ..

It's not that I'm particularly bothered by the way it looks I think I'm just bothered if it bothered someone but I guess that would be an interesting turn of conversation like oh btw I have red skin on my underboobs and vag and legs haha I actually get it on my eye lids too luckily I have makeup for that lol guess they will find out if I send nudes like a preview so they don't freak out to my face

No it doesn't bother my partner at all but he sees my skin on a daily basis so it's something he's useto as it has spread from a 5p size patch to a massive patch I guess it's just nerve wracking because I haven't met anyone yet either so that's scary but exciting on it's own

By *onnnie72Man  over a year ago

west bromwich

"Hey how do you all feel about meeting people with psoriasis I started getting patches of it about a year ago Its putting me off meeting people because it's all under my boobs and inner thighs it's kinda under control in the sense of it's not really dry skin anymore it's just changed the pigment of the skin to red "

You appear to be a very sexy young lady with far more to focus on than your imperfections !! Some might even find it interesting/attractive even am sure it wont be a problem !!

"None of us are perfect, try not to worry about it too much. If someone has found you attractive enough to get naked with you, then something like that shouldn't put them off. If it does, would you really want intimacy with them anyway?"

I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Probably a sweeping generalisation but there are very few men who are passionate and sensual enough to explore other erogenous zones such as the back of a thigh, behind a knee, the centre of the sole or the back of a shoulder.

I recommend you search hemp seed oil and Cbd oil for psoriasis. It's worked wonders for a few people I know now and I know a really good place you cam get it online x

Have played with someone who had the condition. We met up and then she revealed the extent of it which was all over her body. Apart from an initial chat about it, it was never discussed again and we had a lovely time.

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

Ive met someone with the condition too and we met a few times over a 6 month period till she moved away but she was alot more body confident about it than before we met. Hope she found a decent guy in the end who was equally understanding x

"Hey how do you all feel about meeting people with psoriasis I started getting patches of it about a year ago Its putting me off meeting people because it's all under my boobs and inner thighs it's kinda under control in the sense of it's not really dry skin anymore it's just changed the pigment of the skin to red "

I and mildred have small patches of both, just lately most have dissapeard we noticed sunshine and bathing in the sea seemed to calm it down.

its the same as any other rash ect , some will see it as unattractive in someway and say no thanks.

others more in the know will understand that its fine and not a problem as psoriasis and eczema are not contaigious,

open minded people will understand that you wouldn't go to a club or arrange a meet if you had something that could be passed on to others,

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm permanently blotchy from outbreaks of psoriasis people have never said anything.

I've suffered with it for 4 years, initially I covered and very insecure about it and tried to hide it.

I found the more open I was about discussing it with people the less insecure I felt about it.

I personally wouldn't be put off by this sort of ailment and Her certainly isnt, but everyone is different.

Doesnt make you any less beautiful...

We all have personal holdups/imperfections... dont let those ruin your confidence.

By *ree guyMan  over a year ago

Fleetwood

I have had it doesn't bother me now just enjoy yourself

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

I have psoriatic arthritis and I've found the methotrexate I take for it works better for the psoriasis than the arthritis. Also top up with a vitamin D tablet everyday has made it completely fade, no patches at all. Downside is when I have to stop the methotrexate due to taking antibiotics it will flare up again

In my childhood/teens I suffered with various skin complaints such as psoriasis and I got told to go on a sunbed, worked a treat! I know a lot of people are conceous (and rightly so) about sunbed etc but I was only doing 5 minutes a week and i only get bothered with it if I have an allergic reaction nowadays (which is usually my own fault).

By *ancgent74Man  over a year ago

Denton, Manchester

Easier said than done but I'd not let it bother you. It doesn't me and it's more common than you'd think....

If the other person sees it as an issue, then that's more their problem than yours

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Dont have psoriasis, but i do have a chronic skin condition since i was born .

As long as im bathed & creamed it doesnt bother me .

I met a couple once who i mentioned it to & she said oh ok no thanks .

Met plenty of others who didnt really notice , but if i brought it up would say , i noticed but it doesnt matter.

I think the words "your a dirty fuck*r" kind of smoothed over any akwardness

By *eeowlsMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I have suffered with it since being a child and I have also got psoriatic arthritis as well through the condition but I have never found it being a constraint with meets or found it causing any problems, apart from a little bit of self confidence when it flares up a bit worse than normal x

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

I've had it since I was a teenager and hate it. I currently have it on my neck and forehead. I use dermablend face and body foundation sometimes to cover it up on my face as it looks like I've been burnt and its a large patch.

By *ants Horse Hung CockMan  over a year ago

co durham

"Very true I'm still working out how to even start this lifestyle I know I won't be everyone's cup of tea anyway as I'm a big girl but I don't feel self conscious of my weight so guess I need the same thought process on the redness of my skin

just don't want people to think I have some disease hahaha"

You're definitely my cup of tea

I have it in large patches all over my body, less my genitals funny enough. Some see it as a problem, some dont. Those that do, thats fine, some people dont like bigger partners, certain hair colours etc. It is no reflection on you OP, being a woman id imagine that it will be even less of an issue for you on here. Stand tall, head up and be confident. Remember, its a part of who you are, not the definition.

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman  over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

I have it really bad hence why I won’t meet anyone now as far too self conscious n anxious about it , starting puva treatment in may/June n just hope to god it works.

I have it really bad I'm on the injections now iv had it for around 11 years i have failed 8 different treatments... Try dovabet or dovonex

I have have psoriasis and eczema,(for nearly 20 yrs) but it's mostly confined to my head above my hairline so it's not that obvious but i do have a recurring patch on my chest.

If theres one thing that takes away anxiety about such things it's talking about it, so when you meet someone, which will probably be for a social at first, just tell them you have it and how it makes you body conscious. I will almost guarantee they won't be put off by it, and then they don't have to 'discover it' while exploring your body and ponder what it might be. It's a 20 second conversation.

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

"I have it really bad I'm on the injections now iv had it for around 11 years i have failed 8 different treatments... Try dovabet or dovonex "

I've tried Dovobet, only works for a few weeks then stops working.

Makes no odds to me tbh

None of us are perfect. Me included so i couldnt ever say no based on something like that

"I have it really bad I'm on the injections now iv had it for around 11 years i have failed 8 different treatments... Try dovabet or dovonex

I've tried Dovobet, only works for a few weeks then stops working."

I preferred dovonex the white tube with green stripes on

Put a dab of concealer on it maybe

Wouldn't bother me though .

I'd still kiss you all over

By *otswapsCouple  over a year ago

medway

"I have psoriatic arthritis and I've found the methotrexate I take for it works better for the psoriasis than the arthritis. Also top up with a vitamin D tablet everyday has made it completely fade, no patches at all. Downside is when I have to stop the methotrexate due to taking antibiotics it will flare up again "

Have you been advised to take vit D?

PM me.

Wow just seen all of your messages thank you all for your replies it's comforting to hear I'm not alone and definatly great to hear what's worked for you's as I need new creams to try out so will be looking into them thank you

I will be hitting the sunbeds to give that a go plus I could do with the tan haha and I do take multi vitamins and extra vitamin d if you's have any other recommendations for it please do tell as I'm trying everything lol xx

By *igger1066Man  over a year ago

bolton

Have you tried instilar brilliant stuff

I dated a girl with a similar condition except her skin went white. She was really conscious about it but I assured her it wasn’t a problem. I wouldn’t have a problem with it with anyone else either. I

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Personally, i am not bothered by it on others, it obviously bothers me when i get a flare up myself on my neck and body and arms.

Evening primrose oil seems to calm it down quite rapidly for me, if you haven't tried it, I would recommend.

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

To the OP: I think you're gorgeous. I do think you do well but saying it upfront because most people would otherwise be taken aback for the worry of it being contagious. Once they know it's psoriasis, a chronic skin condition, for MOST (myself included) the focus would shift back on you and your lovely self. For the few who can't get over it, they can jog on.

By *riggler90Couple  over a year ago

Essex and Dublin

It wouldn't bother me. You're gorgeous x

"Wow just seen all of your messages thank you all for your replies it's comforting to hear I'm not alone and definatly great to hear what's worked for you's as I need new creams to try out so will be looking into them thank you

I will be hitting the sunbeds to give that a go plus I could do with the tan haha and I do take multi vitamins and extra vitamin d if you's have any other recommendations for it please do tell as I'm trying everything lol xx"

I had Phototherapy through the NHS and it worked a treat.

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman  over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"Personally, i am not bothered by it on others, it obviously bothers me when i get a flare up myself on my neck and body and arms.

Evening primrose oil seems to calm it down quite rapidly for me, if you haven't tried it, I would recommend.

"

Is that in tablet form or the actual oil?

» Add a new message to this topic