FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > sexual Health

sexual Health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know it is a risk that is taken, with most couples/singles during swinging. I am not talking about bareback, and would never entertain the idea. But for all those that have unprotected oral sex with other people are you comfortable with it? I understand that you build up friendships and trust with certain people in the community. But how often would you suggest getting an STI check done if you swing regularly with unprotected oral? Myself and my husband have just received the all clear before our first experience. Thanks for any help and advice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I am also concerned about this and interested in peoples views, I use condoms, but is there alot of benefit if I am going to have exchanged body fluids anyway though oral and even snogging?

There is no way of protecting myself properly as I see it unless I abstain and I don't want to... so do I have a false sense of security feeling I am safe because I use condoms?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Every three months i go and im not long out the closit, played bi and alway used condoms and had checkups. You even get condoms given lol very important sexual health x

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I think the problem with a blowjob/oral with protection on is it feels downright crap !

We had a checkup before we started swinging a few months back and intend on having another soon, I think really regular checkups is the only way to do it, we also have a relativity low number of meets which helps.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Use Corsadil mouthwash, you can get it from the pharmacy.

One wash in the mouth without after having oral sex, it will kill anything that shouldn't be there.

i get checked every 3 months as routine, even if not been with anyone.

Or after being with someone if sooner!

I like oral sex a lot and am a bit worried about HIV mainly, at the GUM clinic they told me i should go there every six months.

By *exytwo_xCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I get checked every three months but the nurse told me that according to the 'swingers guideline' (Yes, they have one) a check every six months is enough.

I also asked her if condoms are needed for a blowjob and she said that I needn't worry too much about that as your throat clears up anything bad itself quite easily.

x

I would never even dream of having oral safely.. would rather not have anything..

However, I was told that good dental hygeine is important.. and to make sure you get the mouth swabs.

I am one of those that does on occassion participate in BB sex.. ( my choice, love it and actually have less trouble finding men to do that than safe) but... I also because of that always get checked after any time I do...

You are very unlikely to catch HIV from oral sex.. not impossible.. but very unlikely.

Just treat everyone you meet as if they have just barebacked the whole site.. and only take the risks your prepared to take..

if you spend all your time worrying about it then the fun is gone.. by all means take precautions but this is still meant to be fun.

Cali

every 3 months here but G U M clinic are aware we're swingers and said every 6 months is surfice! better safe than sorry...

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I know it is a risk that is taken, with most couples/singles during swinging. I am not talking about bareback, and would never entertain the idea. But for all those that have unprotected oral sex with other people are you comfortable with it? I understand that you build up friendships and trust with certain people in the community. But how often would you suggest getting an STI check done if you swing regularly with unprotected oral? Myself and my husband have just received the all clear before our first experience. Thanks for any help and advice. "

the risks from unprotected oral are low and i make an informed choice to take them.Blowjobs with condoms are crap, and dont even start me on dental damns for women

tested every three months at the gum here. i dont really think trusting others except kev and sir comes into it though, i am responsible for my sexual choices and tend to assume everyone else i play with could have been to a bareback orgy the day before...so use condoms for penetration.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/STIs/Pages/Sexualactivitiesandrisk.aspx#Attitudes

specific about hiv

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/3098.aspx?CategoryID=118&SubCategoryID=126

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks ever so much for the advice guys. You're a great help!

hexham

"Thanks ever so much for the advice guys. You're a great help! "

there is a thread in the lounge discussing this more broadly u might find helpful too.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/84739

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Use Corsadil mouthwash, you can get it from the pharmacy.

One wash in the mouth without after having oral sex, it will kill anything that shouldn't be there.

"

oh really... I've always gargled with Domestos before. I'll give it a go

Wolf

We spoke to our sexual health clinic, they said there are very few diseases you can actually catch through oral.. but the ones that you can catch you can still catch with the use of a condom ( basically all the ones which are skin contact not fluid transmitted most of which have clear visible symptoms the majority of the time) we get ourselves checked every 4-6 months (depending on how often we play and with who) and our clinic recommended the hep b vaccine for us as we don't and have never had it.

if you are worried i would get down to your local GUM clinic and talk to them about it they are always friendly ( with us at least) and very easy to talk to about this kind of stuff

"

i concurr...that stuff takes the top layer of the skin inside your mouth off if you use the superstrength...i pity the std that fools with that!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont go to a proper gum clinic as we dont have one here. What i do is if i am due to see the nurse and i think im due a check up i just ring her and ask if she will do it in with my appointment. Ive always been given a mouth swab without asking for one and i get the other swabs done. I did have an HIV test about 7 years ago, dont know what its like now but had to wait six weeks for the results and it was horrible waiting. I think i look after myself as best i can sexually. I dont and never have used condoms for oral sex, i have weighed up the pros and cons and for me its a risk i will take

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I dont go to a proper gum clinic as we dont have one here. What i do is if i am due to see the nurse and i think im due a check up i just ring her and ask if she will do it in with my appointment. Ive always been given a mouth swab without asking for one and i get the other swabs done. I did have an HIV test about 7 years ago, dont know what its like now but had to wait six weeks for the results and it was horrible waiting. I think i look after myself as best i can sexually. I dont and never have used condoms for oral sex, i have weighed up the pros and cons and for me its a risk i will take"

I get a full sexual MOT every 3 months including HIV testing. I get text results inculding HIV within 2 weeks. Takes longer for the blood test bruise to go away then get the results

"I dont go to a proper gum clinic as we dont have one here. What i do is if i am due to see the nurse and i think im due a check up i just ring her and ask if she will do it in with my appointment. Ive always been given a mouth swab without asking for one and i get the other swabs done. I did have an HIV test about 7 years ago, dont know what its like now but had to wait six weeks for the results and it was horrible waiting. I think i look after myself as best i can sexually. I dont and never have used condoms for oral sex, i have weighed up the pros and cons and for me its a risk i will take

I get a full sexual MOT every 3 months including HIV testing. I get text results inculding HIV within 2 weeks. Takes longer for the blood test bruise to go away then get the results "

we go every 3 months for a full MOT . I go then 6 weeks later he goes. so I suppose we get checked every 6 weeks. works for us plus it keeps the condom supply up.

By *atalie..Woman  over a year ago

Bolton

Has a check-up and smear regular as the hpv virus is a big issue with oral sex and cervial and throat cancer...flavoured condoms taste pretty good used boxes of them when i was a dogger..and if the guys didnt wear them then no fun simple at least i could kiss my kid knowing i wasnt passing anything on to him couldnt live with myself if i did that

went for my check up today (Mr) did rapid aids test... result took 1 min!!

was so surprised!!

Talking to the lady there, working ladies go for checks every 6 months, she said biggest carrier of 'risk' were bi-men (not judging here - just saying what i was told!!)

hexham

"I dont go to a proper gum clinic as we dont have one here. What i do is if i am due to see the nurse and i think im due a check up i just ring her and ask if she will do it in with my appointment. Ive always been given a mouth swab without asking for one and i get the other swabs done. I did have an HIV test about 7 years ago, dont know what its like now but had to wait six weeks for the results and it was horrible waiting. I think i look after myself as best i can sexually. I dont and never have used condoms for oral sex, i have weighed up the pros and cons and for me its a risk i will take

I get a full sexual MOT every 3 months including HIV testing. I get text results inculding HIV within 2 weeks. Takes longer for the blood test bruise to go away then get the results

we go every 3 months for a full MOT . I go then 6 weeks later he goes. so I suppose we get checked every 6 weeks. works for us plus it keeps the condom supply up. "

ohhh thats what we do...thought we were being all clever

By *ibrosMan  over a year ago

harrow

"I get checked every three months but the nurse told me that according to the 'swingers guideline' (Yes, they have one) a check every six months is enough.

I also asked her if condoms are needed for a blowjob and she said that I needn't worry too much about that as your throat clears up anything bad itself quite easily.

x"

Was this a NHS GUM clinic? I've had feedback from friends that went to a private clinic. Their treatment seemed less rigorous than the NHS. They had been exposed to gonorrhea and were only tested. NHS would automatically treat.

Probably true that infections will clear, even gonorrhea can clear itself, but the risk is that an infection will be passed on before you have symptoms.

I always take longer than planned to get checked. If I plan for 3 months it can be six by the time I get there, but I wouldn't want to leave it any longer.

I prefer oral without a condom and tried a dental dam, which was hopeless. Its a risk most of us take.

Depends on how often I play always have an oral swab and full works.

The mouthwash is corsodyl, and although it is the only mouthwash we in the dental profession recommend apart from fluoride rinse, I doubt it would kill all known stds! Though if u have poor dental hygiene or in need of a scale, regular use will discolour ur teeth and ur tongue won't taste anything! It's stains really badly!

Trust me, im a dentist!

By *ibrosMan  over a year ago

harrow

"The mouthwash is corsodyl, and although it is the only mouthwash we in the dental profession recommend apart from fluoride rinse, I doubt it would kill all known stds! Though if u have poor dental hygiene or in need of a scale, regular use will discolour ur teeth and ur tongue won't taste anything! It's stains really badly!

Trust me, im a dentist! "

I suppose that's one way to check your brushing technique

"

this is simply untrue! If it was true it would be advertised as a bonafied contraception against sti's. By saying this you are misleading people and giving a false sence of security.x

"Has a check-up and smear regular as the hpv virus is a big issue with oral sex and cervial and throat cancer...flavoured condoms taste pretty good used boxes of them when i was a dogger..and if the guys didnt wear them then no fun simple at least i could kiss my kid knowing i wasnt passing anything on to him couldnt live with myself if i did that "

Finally, someone who said what i was thinking, HPV virus causes mouth and throat cancer, and also kissing my children knowing you could pass something on is vile, i used to give blow jobs unprotected but not any more, i went down on a fella once and he stank of urine, yuk, (after all that i still love clean cocks)

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

You shouldn't perform oral if you have any ulcers in your mouth, as any infection can get in these. Also cleaning your teeth just before isn't a good idea either.

I get tested every 3 months, full MOT including mouth swobs. I've also had the Hep B jab and booster.

Always better to be safe than sorry.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I take myself off to the family planning or gum clinic regularly for check ups. The time I caught something it was chlamydia and it was from the guy I was in a relationship with! And as many have said, that's one of the highly transmissible ones and can get passed even with good condom use.

The worst thing I ever saw was when a woman I worked with, knowing I often got tonsilitis, asked me to check her throat. The green pus dripping down turned out to be gonorrhea!

Seem that's what nillas pick up giving random men blow jobs in dark doorways on nights out without their hubby!

Always plays it safe when it comes to sex. But must admit we do get regular checks as u can never be to careful. we meet people who we know we will meet again and again and only those we have chatted to for a while and got to know.

i go for regular check ups and i don't do bareback

oral is a risk but so is walking in front of a bus(long as they have no sores or open cuts etc)

» Add a new message to this topic