FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What kind of woman?

What kind of woman?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ippy68 OP   Man  over a year ago

Weymouth

What motivates someone to plan to meet you for a week, sending pictures etc and then on the day it’s meant to happen just ignore you completely? Why would anyone do that to another person? I Personally I think it’s cruel and nasty. I feel very hurt by it and very down. I hope they got their kick from doing it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

Welcome to the Fab world ,this wont be the first or last time you need patience and a thick skin to last on here ive learned ./

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you sure it was a woman?

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Was it definitely a woman, did you speak on the phone?

Weymouth

Well you ladies could be right I suppose we didn’t speak I just had pictures sent. Well no fool like an old fool is there. Probably best giving up I think.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

You're going to have to get a much thicker skin, this happens often on here.

By *hMyGawdCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

It's not just a FAB thing, it's life.

Generally, a lot of people are perfectly fine with being let-downs.

You just gotta find the ones that are reliable and keep hold of them

Weymouth

"You're going to have to get a much thicker skin, this happens often on here. "

That’s as maybe but it’s not a nice way to treat someone and just because it happens on here doesn’t make it right does it?

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

It happens to most of us at some point. Learn the signs. If they won’t video chat or phone chat, red flag. Talk dirty very quickly, red flag. Ask for dirty pics, red flag. Enough red flags add up to you chatting to a guy pretending to be a woman.

By *ucilleWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle Upon Tyne

"Well you ladies could be right I suppose we didn’t speak I just had pictures sent. Well no fool like an old fool is there. Probably best giving up I think."

It's easier said than done, but maybe see it as something to learn from and hang in there?

Like other posters doubt it was a women

If it seems too good to be true it usually is fab news to be managed with lots of common sense

And lashings of humour it’s not real till you’re sat face to face with a genuine Human being

How many veris did ‘she’ have ?

Weymouth

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice, it’s hard enough to get even remotely close to meeting without people like that about. I’m best giving up I think cause I never seem to be anyone’s type anyway. Happy dabbing everyone and thank you again.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Get used to it. It was probably a bloke anyway. Best thing to do is meet in a cafe first even if they promise you instant sex cos then when they don’t turn up, you can chill and have a coffee.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Thanks everyone for the tips and advice, it’s hard enough to get even remotely close to meeting without people like that about. I’m best giving up I think cause I never seem to be anyone’s type anyway. Happy dabbing everyone and thank you again."

Go to socials and clubs. That’s where you’ll meet real people and develop your reputation. You’ll usually gets veris too. In a face to face situation at a club you’re more likely to be able to express yourself and make a connection.

Unfortunately its happening more and more in all walks of life now not just limited to fab

"You're going to have to get a much thicker skin, this happens often on here.

That’s as maybe but it’s not a nice way to treat someone and just because it happens on here doesn’t make it right does it?"

No its not nice but it's going to happen and there isn't anything you can do about it except protect yourself. Never invest anything until you know for sure who you're dealing with.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Get used to it. It was probably a bloke anyway. Best thing to do is meet in a cafe first even if they promise you instant sex cos then when they don’t turn up, you can chill and have a coffee. "

Tea is also an option

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Manors cost nothing and they are sadly missing a lot in today's society

Don't take it personally, it's there issue not yours and karma will come round to see them one day x

"What motivates someone to plan to meet you for a week, sending pictures etc and then on the day it’s meant to happen just ignore you completely? Why would anyone do that to another person? I Personally I think it’s cruel and nasty. I feel very hurt by it and very down. I hope they got their kick from doing it."

I am sure some of these cases are due to the person being fake. I would never arrange to meet without checking they are real first on webcam, I don’t rely on verifications alone

I’m not sure this will make you feel better but the chances are they weren’t probably who they had been making out ......... quite a lot of female profiles are actually men and by the time the meet comes around they’ve already had a wank over your chit chat or pics!

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"Manors cost nothing and they are sadly missing a lot in today's society

Don't take it personally, it's there issue not yours and karma will come round to see them one day x"

Actually manors usually cost quite a bit. Manners however do cost nothing.

Sadly I have neither, which is why I am pointing out the spelling mistake

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Manors cost nothing and they are sadly missing a lot in today's society

Don't take it personally, it's there issue not yours and karma will come round to see them one day x

Actually manors usually cost quite a bit. Manners however do cost nothing.

Sadly I have neither, which is why I am pointing out the spelling mistake "

It is sad xxx

Dudley

That’s as maybe but it’s not a nice way to treat someone and just because it happens on here doesn’t make it right does it?"

Nope, it happened to me twice recently, you just have to move on.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Cue the “they are allowed to change their minds” comments. That’s messing people about as far as I’m concerned.

"It happens to most of us at some point. Learn the signs. If they won’t video chat or phone chat, red flag. Talk dirty very quickly, red flag. Ask for dirty pics, red flag. Enough red flags add up to you chatting to a guy pretending to be a woman. "

Oh this happens a lot on here ..I hear this so many times . Best to get a phone call or a video chat out of the way first before you build your hopes up.If it sounds too good to be true it usually is

By *isces WomanWoman  over a year ago

West London

Winde up no shows do my head in.

By *attb179Man  over a year ago

London

This will happen to you on every dating, chat, meet app out there.

Get a pic sent with a very specific pose (I find holding up 3 fingers is good enough). If they won't do it presume they are a man or a woman who looks nothing like the pics.

Dudley

"It happens to most of us at some point. Learn the signs. If they won’t video chat or phone chat, red flag. Talk dirty very quickly, red flag. Ask for dirty pics, red flag. Enough red flags add up to you chatting to a guy pretending to be a woman.

Oh this happens a lot on here ..I hear this so many times . Best to get a phone call or a video chat out of the way first before you build your hopes up.If it sounds too good to be true it usually is "

I never video chat or do phone calls

"What motivates someone to plan to meet you for a week, sending pictures etc and then on the day it’s meant to happen just ignore you completely? Why would anyone do that to another person? I Personally I think it’s cruel and nasty. I feel very hurt by it and very down. I hope they got their kick from doing it."

Perhaps it wasn’t pre-meditated? Perhaps it was a woman who just got too nervous/scared to go through with it. Perhaps life threw in a curveball to stop them (family illness/bereavement etc). Just playing devils advocate here. My first arranged meet on here was a man who let me down on the day so it happens the other way round too. Sorry you got let down and I hope you find a meet that works for you. Hopefully we’ll both get lucky on the second attempt!

"It happens to most of us at some point. Learn the signs. If they won’t video chat or phone chat, red flag. Talk dirty very quickly, red flag. Ask for dirty pics, red flag. Enough red flags add up to you chatting to a guy pretending to be a woman. "

The presumption that if a person won't chat on the phone or video chat, they must be fake is rather wrong. I personally would never give my phone number to a stranger, am not into phone calls or video chat, therefore I am fake, I guess

Maybe she just got cold feet and didn't know how to tell you? We are allowed to charge our minds

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"It happens to most of us at some point. Learn the signs. If they won’t video chat or phone chat, red flag. Talk dirty very quickly, red flag. Ask for dirty pics, red flag. Enough red flags add up to you chatting to a guy pretending to be a woman.

The presumption that if a person won't chat on the phone or video chat, they must be fake is rather wrong. I personally would never give my phone number to a stranger, am not into phone calls or video chat, therefore I am fake, I guess "

It happens, don't dwell on it or over analyse it. Let it go and move on.

It happens quite often on here. Ive arranged meets before that have just not shown up...block and move on sweets

It's wrong to arrange a meet and then ignore someone on the day it is rude, ignorant and very bad manners! Whilst we are all allowed to change our minds, not telling the other person/s is not right in anyway I'm afraid.

And once again fab's double standards are shining through! It shouldn't matter whether the OP is a Male it isn't right, if he was a she the thread would be sympathy and condemnation of the perpetrator!! Bad manners are bad manners

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Always go with the expectation of them not turning up then when they do it's a nice surprise and don't travel far or book anything.

The presumption that if a person won't chat on the phone or video chat, they must be fake is rather wrong. I personally would never give my phone number to a stranger, am not into phone calls or video chat, therefore I am fake, I guess "

You don’t need to give out your number to video chat, video chat or phone call is the only way to prove someone is the sex they say. If I’ve been chatting on n off to someone for a week or two and they’re still dancing round vid chat then I block and move on.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Instead of reply to a load of posts, I’m going to do it all in one post.

Firstly, yes it’s wrong, it’s not a nice way to treat people. People are absolutely allowed to change their minds and don’t need to give a reason, but the decent thing would be to say they’ve changed their mind and won’t go through with it.

Secondly, I would never ever agree to meet within a week of contact being made, and without a social. Just insist on a social - if they get squirrelly you can assume there’s something up and not take it further.

Thirdly, I won’t talk on the phone with anyone, nobody gets my number. And now Kik has removed the video chat option I won’t do that either. None of that makes me a fake, just a safety conscious woman. Again, just have a social - you’ll know then if they’re the gender they say they are and if they look like their photos.

» Add a new message to this topic