FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Cycling Swingers 4

Cycling Swingers 4

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kyblue1878 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Southport

So, who managed to brave the fierce winds this weekend ? We actually had a lovely morning but our ride back home was a hard slog into fierce headwinds.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Out in the pain cave Saturday morning too wet & windy, bit of a run today and planning a spin after work tomorrow

Southport

"Out in the pain cave Saturday morning too wet & windy, bit of a run today and planning a spin after work tomorrow "

We both did a half marathon yesterday, it seemed like every hill was into a headwind. Today's bike was a relief to loosen the legs after yesterday.

Scheduled a recovery run tomorrow evening.

Nice, what your training for? Check my profile for some hot Lycra pics.....

Southport

"Nice, what your training for? Check my profile for some hot Lycra pics....."

We both do triathlon and are training for Ironman in July

Nice, I did Bolton in 2018 & 2019

I be out hopefully next weekend cycling around Essex

Southport

"Nice, I did Bolton in 2018 & 2019 "

Hoping to get up there in April or May to do the bike course. It's just training miles for us but there's a couple of guy's doing Ironman UK so it's their opportunity to recce the course.

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"So, who managed to brave the fierce winds this weekend ? We actually had a lovely morning but our ride back home was a hard slog into fierce headwinds."

I tried doing hurdles i to the wind it got to the pointlessness even you run Roy d the bend to find no hurdle there where it had been blown into another lane.

"Nice, I did Bolton in 2018 & 2019

Hoping to get up there in April or May to do the bike course. It's just training miles for us but there's a couple of guy's doing Ironman UK so it's their opportunity to recce the course."

You not training for it!?

It’s a tough course, was 10,000ft+

Recce is a very good idea

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"So, who managed to brave the fierce winds this weekend ? We actually had a lovely morning but our ride back home was a hard slog into fierce headwinds.

I tried doing hurdles i to the wind it got to the pointlessness even you run Roy d the bend to find no hurdle there where it had been blown into another lane."

*where you run round

Southport

Hoping to get up there in April or May to do the bike course. It's just training miles for us but there's a couple of guy's doing Ironman UK so it's their opportunity to recce the course.

Recce is a very good idea "

No, ours is in the Basque Country, Spain

Nice!

No, ours is in the Basque Country, Spain"

By *i-cyclistMan  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"So, who managed to brave the fierce winds this weekend ? We actually had a lovely morning but our ride back home was a hard slog into fierce headwinds."

Across the water from you on the north Kent coast. Didn’t make it out in the wind this weekend. Another ride on the trainer but hopefully this week the weather will improve

By *ickylouiseTV/TS  over a year ago

Wantage

Wonder if this happens in leeds

By *ornyforit5Man  over a year ago

Some Where In The Sun

Got a quick 45k in yesterday morning. Really hard work in the strong winds.

Morning pootle for me seeing as my ankle is on the mend so gonna jump on the turbo this afternoon, but keep it in zone 2 and stick to a flatish course

90 min training session on zwift yesterday due to garbage weather. Better than nothing but rather be outside

Haven't got out as much lately witht he bad weather. I'm hoping to be able to on my day off Thursday. Fingers crossed for half decent weather or at the very least no rain

I got out on Friday for a great ride. And so many thoughts as I pass open fields. Nice stop off. Always wonder if a group cycle and mid way break could be arranged with a few.

Need to find some local people next

By *alvenieMan  over a year ago

Bouncing Between Swindon and Weston

The weather doesn't mater, did 65k Sunday morning

I’ve never seen a section in Strava about swinging

Maybe it could be the perfect segment in a training programme

So who else shaves their legs?

By *obbler1Man  over a year ago

Northampton

Me , cycling and a running for me and yep shave them Legs

By *aucy sausageMan  over a year ago

Gentleshaw

Was out on a long bike Saturday

Very blowy

Also training for Ironman (my 37th Full distance) in July.

Are you road cyclist or Mountian bikers ?

By *i-cyclistMan  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Managed to get out for a quick 25km this afternoon

By *moothLeanBodMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"So who else shaves their legs?"

Me.

100k Sat, 110k Sunday.

Southport

"So, who managed to brave the fierce winds this weekend ? We actually had a lovely morning but our ride back home was a hard slog into fierce headwinds.

Are you road cyclist or Mountian bikers ?"

Strictly road only. We are triathletes.

Southport

"So who else shaves their legs?

Me.

100k Sat, 110k Sunday."

Nice going in those conditions.

By *moothLeanBodMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"So who else shaves their legs?

Me.

100k Sat, 110k Sunday.

Nice going in those conditions."

It was grippy but at least the wind dropped from 45mph to 30mph after what we had here last week.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Kudos to everybody.

"I’ve never seen a section in Strava about swinging

Maybe it could be the perfect segment in a training programme "

I have a goat emoji with my Strava name (as I'm a member of the lonely goat running club) so maybe we should add a fab ice-cream to our accounts

By *etterryseeMan  over a year ago

near Swindon

Managed 45 miles Sunday - wind more north westerly than I hoped and slogged 20 miles into it going out having hoped to have cross winds but flew home with it - average jumped from 15.4mph to 17.1mph

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

got a couple of free days....at the moment that is.... Friday & Saturday...weather looks pretty much ok here in Cambridgeshire...cooler by a few degrees so must get some miles in...

I bought my nearly 70 year old mum a bike this year and been going out with her, getting her confidence up. She cycled a lot with my dad (he had a bike shop) when they were younger. This week she has clocked up 40 miles. I think that's one of the things I love most about cycling it's so simple but so enjoyable. Hope everyone is out enjoying the good weather today, wife and I are just about to head out for a ride now

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

How about combining the two post lockdown, Meet up for a cycle to a nice secluded field or club and then have some fun.

Southport

Lovely 40 miles this morning. Little bits of headwind with a cool bite to it but generally really good conditions. Saw loads of cyclists out today. Not long to go now before the group numbers can increase. Hope everyone else has managed some mileage today.......

Cambridgeshire

Nice 60 this morning, sunny with headwind out....tail wind home...on roads I never usually ride...

By *aughtybutnice97Man  over a year ago

leicester

I’d love to find a cyclist from my area to kick me up the backside and encourage me to start getting out this year. Let me know if you’d like to

Lumpy route to nice cafe with a monster head wind all they way there.

Southport

"Lumpy route to nice cafe with a monster head wind all they way there. "

Better that way around. Nice tailwind home.

"Lumpy route to nice cafe with a monster head wind all they way there.

Better that way around. Nice tailwind home."

You would have thought

Everyone been getting some sunny miles in?

By *Ci LutherMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Cool a cycling feed... 30,miler on Monday

Feel free to add me if your a cyclist

By *nasuitMan  over a year ago

Ruislip

Doing a time trial at the weekend but not really in shape for it

Mostly been on Zwift over last few months, will get the bike off the turbo for a warm, sunny ride later

"Doing a time trial at the weekend but not really in shape for it "

Got my first one of the season the week after.

Southport

We're both taking a long lunch break to take advantage of the weather. Desperate to try the new OSPW from SLF that has just been fitted to the summer bikes.

"We're both taking a long lunch break to take advantage of the weather. Desperate to try the new OSPW from SLF that has just been fitted to the summer bikes."

£200 jockey wheels is crazy, £200 of coaching would probably give more watts per £ surely

Wind has been mental here so just been playing on the mountain bikes with the kids, hoping to take M out on her longest ride yet at the weekend though

Taunton

Slight southerly breeze Monday nothing to worry about

Southport

"We're both taking a long lunch break to take advantage of the weather. Desperate to try the new OSPW from SLF that has just been fitted to the summer bikes.

£200 jockey wheels is crazy, £200 of coaching would probably give more watts per £ surely "

Mrs Skyblue is coached but to be fair the watts gain is miniscule but they just look amazing on the Pinarello.

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I've been riding 2 wheels for years (motorbike and bicycle), and love cycling. But this recent chat has gone right over me!! Lol

What ARE you chatting about?!!!

Southport

"I've been riding 2 wheels for years (motorbike and bicycle), and love cycling. But this recent chat has gone right over me!! Lol

What ARE you chatting about?!!! "

It's sex code lol

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 31/03/21 16:11:20]

Its definitely kinky! Gains are gains though, regardless of how marginal they are

Warwick

We both ride regularly although just for pleasure nowadays so 40 or 50 miles is enough. Mr ride National Road Race champs a couple of times in the past and raced on the continent. I took up cycling late but won a couple of Olympic distance triathlons.

Still love riding a bike, and it makes me really horny! Regularly stop to fuck when we are out

Southport

"We both ride regularly although just for pleasure nowadays so 40 or 50 miles is enough. Mr ride National Road Race champs a couple of times in the past and raced on the continent. I took up cycling late but won a couple of Olympic distance triathlons.

Still love riding a bike, and it makes me really horny! Regularly stop to fuck when we are out "

That's great going. We both do triathlon but mainly 70.3's and the odd full distance. We are meant to be doing Vitoria-Gasteiz Ironman in July but it's touch and go whether it will happen so we've booked Lakesman 140.6 in June as back up. Don't think either of us will ever get a podium finish tho !

Warwick

"We both ride regularly although just for pleasure nowadays so 40 or 50 miles is enough. Mr ride National Road Race champs a couple of times in the past and raced on the continent. I took up cycling late but won a couple of Olympic distance triathlons.

Still love riding a bike, and it makes me really horny! Regularly stop to fuck when we are out

That's great going. We both do triathlon but mainly 70.3's and the odd full distance. We are meant to be doing Vitoria-Gasteiz Ironman in July but it's touch and go whether it will happen so we've booked Lakesman 140.6 in June as back up. Don't think either of us will ever get a podium finish tho !"

Thankyou, Mr was an exceptional rider, we rode a big cyclo sportive in France with over 4000 riders in 2012. He was 52 at the time and riding regularly but not racing, he finished 5th the guy that finished second had ridden the Tour the previous year, 119 hilly miles in 4 hours 20 mins! For fun he rode a club 10 mile TT last year and without any training did just under 22 minutes on a standard road bike without tri bars.

Southport

That's great going. We both do triathlon but mainly 70.3's and the odd full distance. We are meant to be doing Vitoria-Gasteiz Ironman in July but it's touch and go whether it will happen so we've booked Lakesman 140.6 in June as back up. Don't think either of us will ever get a podium finish tho !

Thankyou, Mr was an exceptional rider, we rode a big cyclo sportive in France with over 4000 riders in 2012. He was 52 at the time and riding regularly but not racing, he finished 5th the guy that finished second had ridden the Tour the previous year, 119 hilly miles in 4 hours 20 mins! For fun he rode a club 10 mile TT last year and without any training did just under 22 minutes on a standard road bike without tri bars."

That's phenomenal going. Take a bow. I know what France is like having ridden Vichy 70.3 with huge climbs and all the Cols in the Pyrenees.

Making me feel guilty now, I should of been out Monday night but still got this chesty cough thought it best to sit it out, well 5 mile walk with the dog instead

Warwick

Thankyou, Mr was an exceptional rider, we rode a big cyclo sportive in France with over 4000 riders in 2012. He was 52 at the time and riding regularly but not racing, he finished 5th the guy that finished second had ridden the Tour the previous year, 119 hilly miles in 4 hours 20 mins! For fun he rode a club 10 mile TT last year and without any training did just under 22 minutes on a standard road bike without tri bars.

That's phenomenal going. Take a bow. I know what France is like having ridden Vichy 70.3 with huge climbs and all the Cols in the Pyrenees."

We are really missing it. We were supposed to be going to see the Tour last year and hoping to go this year but can’t see any possibility now. Hoping next years route will be a good one.

Thankyou, Mr was an exceptional rider, we rode a big cyclo sportive in France with over 4000 riders in 2012. He was 52 at the time and riding regularly but not racing, he finished 5th the guy that finished second had ridden the Tour the previous year, 119 hilly miles in 4 hours 20 mins! For fun he rode a club 10 mile TT last year and without any training did just under 22 minutes on a standard road bike without tri bars."

Great time, Took me a while to beat that with full tt set up

Southport

That's phenomenal going. Take a bow. I know what France is like having ridden Vichy 70.3 with huge climbs and all the Cols in the Pyrenees.

We are really missing it. We were supposed to be going to see the Tour last year and hoping to go this year but can’t see any possibility now. Hoping next years route will be a good one. "

After Vitoria-Gasteiz we have booked to stay in Luz Saint Sauveur in the Pyrenees for when stage 18 of the tour comes through. Over the Tourmalet, through Luz Saint Sauveur and onwards and up Luz Ardiden to finish. Again, not sure what the situation will be come July. Just hoping.

By *reepass4meCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Yes, but can he get a word in edgeways when out with Phil 'Staffs Engine'?

[Cliquey (in bunch?)cycling comment ]

Warwick

"Yes, but can he get a word in edgeways when out with Phil 'Staffs Engine'?

[Cliquey (in bunch?)cycling comment ]

"

He has ridden with Mr Bayton a few times on training rides and a races in the early 80s! The answer was no - he was generally trying too hard to speak

By *reepass4meCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Thought he would have done, based on your location.

And of course, PB seems so garrulous as everyone else is breathing out of every orifice!!

Warwick

"Thought he would have done, based on your location.

And of course, PB seems so garrulous as everyone else is breathing out of every orifice!! "

A great guy and fabulous rider but a nightmare to train with! His idea of steady was about 25mph!

By *ady_L_tgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

St Helens

I commute on my bike most days, its a 28 mile round trip, gives me a nice firm ass and toned legs too.

p.s. I don't meet on my bike dressed as my heels would cause havoc.

xxx

"I commute on my bike most days, its a 28 mile round trip, gives me a nice firm ass and toned legs too.

xxx "

haha no kidding !

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Just done a lovely 35 miles down the Trans Pennine Trail. Glorious!

St Helens

"Just done a lovely 35 miles down the Trans Pennine Trail. Glorious! "

i'm looking at doing that the western end passes just by me

St Helens

"I commute on my bike most days, its a 28 mile round trip, gives me a nice firm ass and toned legs too.

xxx haha no kidding !"

i'd look like Marina from Last Of The Summer Wine

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Just done a lovely 35 miles down the Trans Pennine Trail. Glorious!

i'm looking at doing that the western end passes just by me"

I did Southport to Northenden last year. The cycle from Hale to Warrington is great.

By *wentMan  over a year ago

blackpool

Just got a nice new bike today just gave it a spin earlier.

Is there any hints or tips to make you a better cyclist?

"Just got a nice new bike today just gave it a spin earlier.

Is there any hints or tips to make you a better cyclist? "

learn how to maintain your bike and make sure the fit is good, then just ride

"Just got a nice new bike today just gave it a spin earlier.

Is there any hints or tips to make you a better cyclist? learn how to maintain your bike and make sure the fit is good, then just ride "

And keep riding

Southport

Just back from another lunchtime ride, 22 mile blast locally. So so nice to be back on the summer bikes despite the nasty headwind going out.

Legs have now recovered from yesterday’s ride, a bit of off-road fun

By *ossnsecretaryCouple  over a year ago

Epsom

No, ours is in the Basque Country, Spain"

Good luck for July! Are you doing any other events like 70.3 for training?

Southport

Good luck for July! Are you doing any other events like 70.3 for training?"

Was meant to be doing Majorca 70.3 (May) but that's been put back to October, so hardly preparation any more. We've booked big East 70.3 as a prep race.

Season not going to get started at this rate, another tt cancelled for next weekend

Epsom

Good luck for July! Are you doing any other events like 70.3 for training?

Was meant to be doing Majorca 70.3 (May) but that's been put back to October, so hardly preparation any more. We've booked big East 70.3 as a prep race."

Always wanted to do Mallorca 70.3. Hilly bike leg but lovely setting!

Sounds like Big East is a good compromise

Epsom

"Season not going to get started at this rate, another tt cancelled for next weekend "

I thought TTs could go ahead now?

"Season not going to get started at this rate, another tt cancelled for next weekend

I thought TTs could go ahead now?"

They can if you have a covid compliant HQ

Epsom

"Season not going to get started at this rate, another tt cancelled for next weekend

I thought TTs could go ahead now?

They can if you have a covid compliant HQ "

Ah! Hopefully you can do some races soon

By *awty Welsh CplCouple  over a year ago

Neath

Did my first 60+ mile ride today (mr) plan is to hit my first 100 before May. We did a 9 mile ride together yesterday on mountain bikes and that was more enjoyable. It's not all about miles and PRs.

By *leasureseekers300Couple  over a year ago

Chorley

Nice Pinarello, by the way. We live right near part of the Bolton course and most of my rides are around there. Had a nice run out around Lancashire yesterday too. Would love to have some fun whilst in a ride

At least it's nice to see some people getting a ride lol x

first group ride out with mates yesterday, and summer bikes too! Easy to see who has been training the most over the winter, not me- got roasted but legs will be better for it.

Also doing our first touring holiday this summer- great excuse to buy more kit!

"Did my first 60+ mile ride today (mr) plan is to hit my first 100 before May. We did a 9 mile ride together yesterday on mountain bikes and that was more enjoyable. It's not all about miles and PRs."

Great effort, your first century is a a great achievement but if you felt comfortable with the 60 you got 100 in the bag. Just stay on top of your nutrition

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Did my first 60+ mile ride today (mr) plan is to hit my first 100 before May. We did a 9 mile ride together yesterday on mountain bikes and that was more enjoyable. It's not all about miles and PRs."

Well done. That's quite a ride. I do 20 miles most days along quiet Suffolk country lanes but I keep stopping to look at the scenery! It's nice how all the other cyclists without exception say a cheery hello.

Southport

"Did my first 60+ mile ride today (mr) plan is to hit my first 100 before May. We did a 9 mile ride together yesterday on mountain bikes and that was more enjoyable. It's not all about miles and PRs.

Great effort, your first century is a a great achievement but if you felt comfortable with the 60 you got 100 in the bag. Just stay on top of your nutrition "

Great effort and good advice. Nutrition is everything on endurance rides.

Southport

Just waved Mrs Skyblue off for a 3 hour ride and feeling sorry for myself after foolishly agreeing to play football yesterday. Injured my knee, which now looks like a balloon. Iced and raised last night and more of the same today. Gutted as it's a great day for a decent ride.

"Just waved Mrs Skyblue off for a 3 hour ride and feeling sorry for myself after foolishly agreeing to play football yesterday. Injured my knee, which now looks like a balloon. Iced and raised last night and more of the same today. Gutted as it's a great day for a decent ride."

Ah mate hope it heals quickly, that injury ended up being the longest 3 weeks of my life lol I had to resort to lifting weights just to stay sane

Southport

"Just waved Mrs Skyblue off for a 3 hour ride and feeling sorry for myself after foolishly agreeing to play football yesterday. Injured my knee, which now looks like a balloon. Iced and raised last night and more of the same today. Gutted as it's a great day for a decent ride.

Ah mate hope it heals quickly, that injury ended up being the longest 3 weeks of my life lol I had to resort to lifting weights just to stay sane "

Thanks x

Had a lovely 50k on the Somerset levels near Wedmore. Anyone local fancy joining? Pm me!

"Just waved Mrs Skyblue off for a 3 hour ride and feeling sorry for myself after foolishly agreeing to play football yesterday. Injured my knee, which now looks like a balloon. Iced and raised last night and more of the same today. Gutted as it's a great day for a decent ride."

Nothing good ever came of playing football.

Southport

"Just waved Mrs Skyblue off for a 3 hour ride and feeling sorry for myself after foolishly agreeing to play football yesterday. Injured my knee, which now looks like a balloon. Iced and raised last night and more of the same today. Gutted as it's a great day for a decent ride.

Nothing good ever came of playing football. "

I'm frustrated with myself for saying yes. Could have done a nice 60 with the Mrs but I'm laid up just hoping for the best, hoping there's not a tear.

By *awty Welsh CplCouple  over a year ago

Neath

"Did my first 60+ mile ride today (mr) plan is to hit my first 100 before May. We did a 9 mile ride together yesterday on mountain bikes and that was more enjoyable. It's not all about miles and PRs.

Great effort, your first century

is a a great achievement but if you felt comfortable with the 60 you got 100 in the bag. Just stay on top of your nutrition "

Hope to crack the century by May. Cheating with gels, but it seems to work.

is a a great achievement but if you felt comfortable with the 60 you got 100 in the bag. Just stay on top of your nutrition

Hope to crack the century by May. Cheating with gels, but it seems to work."

Gels aren't cheating, its just what works for you I like porridge for breakfast, brioche, bagels, bananas, oatcake etc throughout the ride and then eat absolutely loads in the evening. Good sleep prior to the effort is also key to enjoying it.

is a a great achievement but if you felt comfortable with the 60 you got 100 in the bag. Just stay on top of your nutrition

Hope to crack the century by May. Cheating with gels, but it seems to work.

Gels aren't cheating, its just what works for you I like porridge for breakfast, brioche, bagels, bananas, oatcake etc throughout the ride and then eat absolutely loads in the evening. Good sleep prior to the effort is also key to enjoying it."

Just go east on the gels, they aren’t all stomach friendly

By *nasuitMan  over a year ago

Ruislip

The time trial went ahead at the weekend, great to be racing again

"The time trial went ahead at the weekend, great to be racing again "

Nice, I got a few hours on the mountain bike this morning

Hope everyone got out riding over the weekend. Had every season on my rides Saturday and Sunday managed to miss the worst of the hail yesterday while I had lunch

By *ngman70Man  over a year ago

Between Christcrch and New Forest

First ride of the year yesterday. Took it easy for 20 odd miles and feel surprisingly good. Expected it to kill me

Now got a vr headset for the indoor bike. Blonder if I can cycle down Amsterdam red light district

Taunton

Missed the boat this weekend.. DIY and iffy weather stopped me

Was a lovely weekend. Got to 25m in rain snow and sunshine.

Need to build up as fitness has taken its toll over the winter and I’m sure a cold doesn’t help either.

100km yesterday morning, feel OK today

Cambridgeshire

Got out Saturday with a couple of cycle pals.... nice 66 loop...and 2 coffee stops, one at a regular place and another at a place which has just opened... we are doing both days next weekend...

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

Afternoon all..I've just started cycling...30km is the furthest I gone but really enjoying it. Any tips greatly appreciated, especially on the best cycling shorts! More padding needed!

"Afternoon all..I've just started cycling...30km is the furthest I gone but really enjoying it. Any tips greatly appreciated, especially on the best cycling shorts! More padding needed! "

cycling shorts:

The padding is not necessarily there to give you comfort (as in a soft seat) but is there to reduce the friction between the reciprocating movement of your legs and the saddle. Also the pad will have been designed so that there are no seames anywhere near your sensitive bits. Generally, time in the saddle will get you more comfortable.

Bib shorts are the best to use as there will be no tight waist band digging into you and don't go for the cheapest ones that you can find. Something like £75 will get you a reasonable pair that will get you started, until you are doing a lot of cycling.

Tips:

Have a Pro bike fit if you can afford it, this should be at least 2 hours long and will involve lots of measuring and videoing. (this was the best money I spent on my bike and increased the output (measured in Watts) buy about 25 Watts.

More tips

Read the rules of cycling at Velominati, particularly rule 5

Dublin and London

Thanks..I'm going to go to my local bike shop as I'm 6ft 4 and although I have a large bike I find my shoulders are tight after cycling but could just be me getting used to cycling.

The shorts padding reference was to help my boney arse! But I'm told the cure for that is to get back on the bike!

Southport

"Afternoon all..I've just started cycling...30km is the furthest I gone but really enjoying it. Any tips greatly appreciated, especially on the best cycling shorts! More padding needed!

cycling shorts:

The padding is not necessarily there to give you comfort (as in a soft seat) but is there to reduce the friction between the reciprocating movement of your legs and the saddle. Also the pad will have been designed so that there are no seames anywhere near your sensitive bits. Generally, time in the saddle will get you more comfortable.

Bib shorts are the best to use as there will be no tight waist band digging into you and don't go for the cheapest ones that you can find. Something like £75 will get you a reasonable pair that will get you started, until you are doing a lot of cycling.

Tips:

Have a Pro bike fit if you can afford it, this should be at least 2 hours long and will involve lots of measuring and videoing. (this was the best money I spent on my bike and increased the output (measured in Watts) buy about 25 Watts.

More tips

Read the rules of cycling at Velominati, particularly rule 5"

Great advice regarding the bike fit. Absolutely paramount. Once you've been totally bitten by the bug there's no end to the upgrades and money you end up spending on kit but don't scrimp on your first first pair of bib shorts. A decent pair will make those longer ride's much more comfortable.

Dublin and London

Thanks for the advice. Visit to the local bike shop this week it is so.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

Regarding kit, I find road.cc and the like are great for sensible reviews. I wouldn't flat out dismiss cheaper kit from places like decathlon as they're really well made and can be a bargain - just don't expect it to last eons or be as comfortable on the longer rides.

By *jkuk72Man  over a year ago

London & Herts

Hi there, a fellow cyclist (rodie) here. North London based. Perhaps we should try to organise a ride some day?

Again in the kit chat. I have some endura fs260 bib shorts as my first pair. We’re about £80 but quality made. Just bought some from decathlon for £30 to see abs let’s say they are never going g to be worn. Lycra is so thin my leg hairs poke through!

Enjoy it though!

Also noted on pro fitting I need to do that next or upgrade to a Garmin 830!

London & Herts

In addition to good padding, I find that chamois cream works wonders, especially on longer (50m+) rides

By *L79Man  over a year ago

The North

Any MTB- ers?

"Any MTB- ers? "

I swing both ways.

Love hitting a trail as well as the tarmac.

Yes I prefer riding my MTB to the road bike... much more fun

Been getting out alot on the mountain bike recently with the kids and the family

Southport

"In addition to good padding, I find that chamois cream works wonders, especially on longer (50m+) rides"

Tried loads from Assos, Rapha, chapeau and to be fair they all do a similar job but we've both found that good old Sudocrem does exactly the same job for a whole lot cheaper.

By *etterryseeMan  over a year ago

near Swindon

"In addition to good padding, I find that chamois cream works wonders, especially on longer (50m+) rides

Tried loads from Assos, Rapha, chapeau and to be fair they all do a similar job but we've both found that good old Sudocrem does exactly the same job for a whole lot cheaper."

Endura or Castelli Bib Shorts are the best I have found. I find you get what you pay for with these so usually £80+ but they do last. if buying Castelli buy at least a size up. Agree with the Sudocrem comment - does the same job for a fraction of the price

London & Herts

"In addition to good padding, I find that chamois cream works wonders, especially on longer (50m+) rides

Tried loads from Assos, Rapha, chapeau and to be fair they all do a similar job but we've both found that good old Sudocrem does exactly the same job for a whole lot cheaper."

Thank you for the tip. Will give Sudocrem a try

Cambridgeshire

[Removed by poster at 14/04/21 12:14:27]

Hi to everyone got one planned for later

By *eewhatcomes upMan  over a year ago

Waltham Abbey

Managed a 25 miler yesterday in Essex. Quite a few other cyclists out and about too.

Southport

Had a fantastic blast this evening, 22 miles at 20.5mph average. Loving the new 65mm carbon rims which travel so well.

90 mins on zwift is equivalent to 3 hours into a headwind on the road

Well done

London & Herts

"Had a fantastic blast this evening, 22 miles at 20.5mph average. Loving the new 65mm carbon rims which travel so well."

Solid! I did 30 miles at 19.2mph avg

"Had a fantastic blast this evening, 22 miles at 20.5mph average. Loving the new 65mm carbon rims which travel so well.

Solid! I did 30 miles at 19.2mph avg"

We are going to start needed Strava data to back these up soon!

New ftp last night though

London & Herts

"Had a fantastic blast this evening, 22 miles at 20.5mph average. Loving the new 65mm carbon rims which travel so well.

Solid! I did 30 miles at 19.2mph avg

We are going to start needed Strava data to back these up soon!

New ftp last night though "

Swingers on Strava?

By *endydick.CumbersnatchMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Always like the idea of a Fab/Zwift combo meet up. I regularly do the 6am training slot pre-breakfast if I'm not out on the road doing 90min sessions. I also do Wednesday nights too.

My idea has always been along the lines of webcamming from the bike, seeing who's getting hard or wet while spinning or who can wank while riding.

On the road, I've found doggers, swingers, ravers and God knows what else going on! Maybe one day I'll get the chance to have something bike based planned in advance with another rider.

By *m6469Couple  over a year ago

Northwich

Started a TT training plan to help with trialhlon training for a spirit one late June

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

The sins out and the new tyres are on my road bike. I’m running out of excuses fast.

Took a demo emtb out for mrs today and I am cooked keeping up with her

Southport

Cracking club ride tonight, a fast 21.2mph average (22miles) with a headwind out and fantastic tailwind home. Slower social one planned for tomorrow evening.

London & Herts

"Cracking club ride tonight, a fast 21.2mph average (22miles) with a headwind out and fantastic tailwind home. Slower social one planned for tomorrow evening."

Nice! I did 80km today, avg 'only' 18.5mph though, which is good for me

Southport

"Cracking club ride tonight, a fast 21.2mph average (22miles) with a headwind out and fantastic tailwind home. Slower social one planned for tomorrow evening.

Nice! I did 80km today, avg 'only' 18.5mph though, which is good for me "

That's great going over the distance. Probably way more terrain to factor in over that distance, more stopping and starting so 18.5mph is bloody good.

London & Herts

"Cracking club ride tonight, a fast 21.2mph average (22miles) with a headwind out and fantastic tailwind home. Slower social one planned for tomorrow evening.

Nice! I did 80km today, avg 'only' 18.5mph though, which is good for me

That's great going over the distance. Probably way more terrain to factor in over that distance, more stopping and starting so 18.5mph is bloody good."

We should try to organise a ride. I feel I will be wheelsucking all the way though

Southport

Two punctures tonight!! Had been having such a great run.......

Ended up cold and dark. No fun.

By *rishmocha2Couple  over a year ago

Beds

Back on it, 25 miles every morning this week, but damm it was windy today. Should be up to my 50 every morning by June.

Turbo session for me this afternoon. Thirty seconds hard and 1.30 recovery, for 40 minutes.

Much prefer a road session tbh.

Got my first Duathlon at Ulverston this Sunday. Anyone else racing?

"Turbo session for me this afternoon. Thirty seconds hard and 1.30 recovery, for 40 minutes.

Much prefer a road session tbh.

Got my first Duathlon at Ulverston this Sunday. Anyone else racing? "

TT last weekend, was due to be a 25 but got shortened to a 10.

"

TT last weekend, was due to be a 25 but got shortened to a 10. "

Oh how did you get on. Have you lost fitness over the last year?

By *rKinksMan  over a year ago

Alton

Im looking to get into cycling preferably a gravel bike any advise pm please

"Two punctures tonight!! Had been having such a great run.......

Ended up cold and dark. No fun."

Time to change to tubeless, it’s the way forward.

By *iovanni-sMan  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

I would be the first person to make a sore arse joke here if I did eh?

"Im looking to get into cycling preferably a gravel bike any advise pm please "

Worth looking at the GCN website and videos, they have done a series of gravel bike tests.

By *rKinksMan  over a year ago

Alton

"Im looking to get into cycling preferably a gravel bike any advise pm please

Worth looking at the GCN website and videos, they have done a series of gravel bike tests."

Thanks

I love getting out on my road bike . Some fantatic places here in N Wales .

Ive also aquired a mountain bike, ive been in the hills a few times .

London & Herts

"I love getting out on my road bike . Some fantatic places here in N Wales .

Ive also aquired a mountain bike, ive been in the hills a few times . "

Indeed there are. Did a long weekend there a few years back with a couple of friends, cycling from Llandudno to Pembrokeshire. Hard work but lots of fun

Indoor ride 40 miles oh the sweat lol

"Indoor ride 40 miles oh the sweat lol"

oh god I couldn't cope with the turbo in this weather, good effort

London & Herts

"Indoor ride 40 miles oh the sweat lol

oh god I couldn't cope with the turbo in this weather, good effort "

Indeed! Turbo just doesn't do it for me. Only use it in awful weather. Not a fun of Zwift either. Mainly Trainerroad.

"Indoor ride 40 miles oh the sweat lol

oh god I couldn't cope with the turbo in this weather, good effort

Indeed! Turbo just doesn't do it for me. Only use it in awful weather. Not a fun of Zwift either. Mainly Trainerroad."

I really like zwift and do love the turbo but when we have the weather it's hard to not want to get out. I love the convenience of the trainer though

"

TT last weekend, was due to be a 25 but got shortened to a 10.

Oh how did you get on. Have you lost fitness over the last year?"

Power PB and new FTP so I’d say I’m ok.

I got out Monday night for a quick 25 miles with the group, great to blow the cobwebs out !

London & Herts

Nice 70 miles planned for early tomorrow morning

We are heading out together for a steady 60k in the sunshine through the Surrey / Kent lanes this morning

By *andD300Couple  over a year ago

london

Me and our daughter are cycling from north west London to my sisters in Warlingham (45kms) this morning.

London & Herts

70 miles done today (to Windsor - lovely ride and great day for it).

London & Herts

"We are heading out together for a steady 60k in the sunshine through the Surrey / Kent lanes this morning "

Nice!

We’re both out tomorrow morning around Northumberland’s country roads.

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

Anyone local to me fancy a ride out

rochdale oldham border

"Im looking to get into cycling preferably a gravel bike any advise pm please

Worth looking at the GCN website and videos, they have done a series of gravel bike tests."

Nice and flat up your neck of the woods

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

Only been back to work 2 weeks...... Already decided to spend my money..... On a new bike haha

Have a look at Planet X they have good priced bikes

Southport

Nice ride this morning around Essex but saw the air ambulance out near Blackmore for a cyclist. Learned later it was an open fracture. Wish the rider well and pray for a full recovery.

rochdale oldham border

Cube are good as I have one but depending on what you want it for really

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

Windy out this morning.

Always good to get out early though.

M joined me for a ride this afternoon and picked the direction of the loop thankfully, meaning I didn't get blamed for the headwind the whole second half. Obviously I was gentleman and had her draught me the whole way home

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

Whole day riding with a big group, was great fun. Not road cycling, Trials. But all bike fun is bike fun!!