If yes, how did you find out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Yes, a couple of time and its shit.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

My brother used to have a secret stash of Monopoly money hidden away that he used to use when things weren’t going well in a game. Took me a long time to work that out.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"My brother used to have a secret stash of Monopoly money hidden away that he used to use when things weren’t going well in a game. Took me a long time to work that out."

God damn monopoly…..rife for cheating

By *ouplecu2015Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Yes years ago she cheated on me with her boss

"Yes years ago she cheated on me with her boss "

How did you find out?

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

the thing is not everyone will know if they have been cheated on or not not everybody gets found out

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

He came home and got me out of bed to tell me

"the thing is not everyone will know if they have been cheated on or not not everybody gets found out"

Very true,

It’s more for people who know, and how did they find out….catch them/confession

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Society needs to recognize that monogamy is unnatural and move on.

Reading

"Yes years ago she cheated on me with her boss

How did you find out? "

She confessed years later

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

She showed me "our" profile on here.

"She showed me "our" profile on here."

Wow! Naughty girl

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Society needs to recognize that monogamy is unnatural and move on."

Definitely this

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Gut feeling then finding the guys number in her phone so I rang him, if he knew her... I just said I was an old friend

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

You can still be lied to no matter what type of relasionship you are in.

Reading

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Society needs to recognize that monogamy is unnatural and move on.

You can still be lied to no matter what type of relasionship you are in."

Agree monogamy is outdated. What hurt was the lying and lack of honesty.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Aw.

It's coming up for the first anniversary of that time the girl my ex was seeing behind my back messaged me on here to let me know he'd been arrested for beating up her boyfriend when I'd never heard of or from her ever before.

People are terrible

By *ornimanMan  over a year ago

Ilkley

[Removed by poster at 26/04/23 19:29:59]

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Back in the days of landlines (yes, there was a time before mobiles) I was trying to ring my (soon to be ex) fiancé one evening. Permanently engaged!

Kept trying and eventually, it just joined the call...no idea how it happened.

Listened to her chatting with a bloke that she swore she'd had no contact with for a few years..... Lying bitch!

By *ornimanMan  over a year ago

Ilkley

Completely agree

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Have you ever been cheated on?

If yes, how did you find out? "

yes by every one I've had a relationship with. I found out via carelessness but mostly just a feeling

By *eanorWoman  over a year ago

?

Yes i have been cheated on , but I’ve never cheated on any relationship, instinct basically as they say gut feelings

Overheard her telling her mate she was sleeping with my husband ( ex now ) when I was picking my kids up from school

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes

He told me

By *eanorWoman  over a year ago

?

Oh wow, sorry to hear that

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"Overheard her telling her mate she was sleeping with my husband ( ex now ) when I was picking my kids up from school "

No.

"Society needs to recognize that monogamy is unnatural and move on.

You can still be lied to no matter what type of relasionship you are in."

By *ornish1982Man  over a year ago

Redruth

Took her some lunch round when she'd called into work sick, let myself in to her flat to find her bent over the sofa with one of our sales reps making her feel better

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

I didn’t find out as such till after but all the signs were there, on her phone all the time, always took phone with her in the house rather that just leave it on arm of chair like always done (was once in bath and she had left in on the bathroom window cill unbeknownst to me but she panicked was trying to get in door made me get out bath to pass it to her), low key hostility and resentment, stopped coming home between calls. This was in the run up to Christmas it was obvious just an act to get Christmas out the way as Boxing Day she turned very cold. I found out six weeks after we split while sleeping in the spare room at my parents with my two kids so she could have her space thst she was actually with someone else who had started staying over a day or two after I left the family home

By *ickD80Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Gut feeling then finding the guys number in her phone so I rang him, if he knew her... I just said I was an old friend "

Did he tell you that he was sleeping with her? If someone i didn’t know phoned me and asked me if I know the woman I’m sleeping with saying he he was an old friend of hers then I wouldn’t tell him anything, I’d be asking him where he got my number from and why is he phoning a complete stranger to ask him if he knows an old friend of his….If he just told you that he knows her then that doesn’t confirm that she was cheating on you with him, she had his number in her phone so they obviously knew each other, you didn’t need to phone him to find that out.

Wolverhampton

"Back in the days of landlines (yes, there was a time before mobiles) I was trying to ring my (soon to be ex) fiancé one evening. Permanently engaged!

Listened to her chatting with a bloke that she swore she'd had no contact with for a few years..... Lying bitch! "

Wow, I’ve never once heard of anyone ever being joined into a call between 2 other people when the person they were trying to call was already on the phone. I always thought that landlines were designed so that never ever happened….it’s almost unbelievable that something which can’t possibly happen and has never happened to anyone ever before happened to you…

"Aw.

It's coming up for the first anniversary of that time the girl my ex was seeing behind my back messaged me on here to let me know he'd been arrested for beating up her boyfriend when I'd never heard of or from her ever before.

People are terrible "

What a way to find out! Sorry

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

The other woman told me on all occasions but one and that I found out by overhearing a conversation.

Mrs

By *courge of IronMan  over a year ago

Sligo

This

By *wuklad4olderMan  over a year ago

Ellesmere port

I have and was both upset and massively turned on. Found by sampling seeing some pictures on a shared Ipad...

"Overheard her telling her mate she was sleeping with my husband ( ex now ) when I was picking my kids up from school

"

I walked over to her and said ‘ you’re welcome to him’

By *mwirralMan  over a year ago

wirral

Yeah I was cheated on, interestingly she now says she wished she hadn't and is always very friendly with me

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

"Back in the days of landlines (yes, there was a time before mobiles) I was trying to ring my (soon to be ex) fiancé one evening. Permanently engaged!

Listened to her chatting with a bloke that she swore she'd had no contact with for a few years..... Lying bitch!

Wow, I’ve never once heard of anyone ever being joined into a call between 2 other people when the person they were trying to call was already on the phone. I always thought that landlines were designed so that never ever happened….it’s almost unbelievable that something which can’t possibly happen and has never happened to anyone ever before happened to you…"

Oooooo..... Subtle

Obviously your infinite knowledge of the phone systems back when you would have been in short trousers is greater than the phone company at the time who, when my father (whose phone it was) queried the itemised bill, removed the call charge after his explanation!

For your information, "crossed lines" were also supposed not to occur, but did, frequently!

I, and the other 2 people involved (and my father) knew what happened....your opinion is irrelevant.

By *ick_man_88Man  over a year ago

hartlepool

Yeah, knew it was ginna happen and seen it in her eyes soon as I seen her

Wolverhampton

Wow, I’ve never once heard of anyone ever being joined into a call between 2 other people when the person they were trying to call was already on the phone. I always thought that landlines were designed so that never ever happened….it’s almost unbelievable that something which can’t possibly happen and has never happened to anyone ever before happened to you…

Oooooo..... Subtle

Obviously your infinite knowledge of the phone systems back when you would have been in short trousers is greater than the phone company at the time who, when my father (whose phone it was) queried the itemised bill, removed the call charge after his explanation!

For your information, "crossed lines" were also supposed not to occur, but did, frequently!

I, and the other 2 people involved (and my father) knew what happened....your opinion is irrelevant. "

I didn’t claim to have an infinite knowledge of phone systems of any era but I used a landline up until the age of 20 so I have many years experience with using landline phones and not once was I ever connected to someone I was calling who was already on a call and not once have I heard of it happening to anyone else…were you just put straight into their call then, no ring tone or anything, you were just dropped into their call? I’m in no way claiming to be a phone expert but I’m pretty sure that can’t happen.

I’m sure crossed lines weren’t meant to occur, i don’t think it was a design feature of phones to make them occasionally have crossed lines, so thanks for the condescendingly delivered information but I was well aware that they weren’t meant to occur. They did occur though didn’t they, I’ve experienced it many times so, unlike being dropped into an existing call between the person I called and someone else, I know they occurred, I’ve heard other people talking about crossed lines, there’s even a name for it unlike what happened to you which doesn’t have a name because it never happens….when lines did get crossed it was completely random and you couldn’t make out what the other people were saying, it was just indistinguishable voices in the background, you’re claiming to have been connected to an existing call which is very different to a crossed line and you’re claiming to have been able to clearly recognise the voices on the call. When did this actually happen?

And why did your dad dispute the call with the phone company and get the charges refunded? You made the call didn’t you? Just because you were miraculously added into an existing call doesn’t make a difference regarding paying for it, if you dialled the number and was put through to that number then the phone company can charge you just like a normal, and non fictional, call. If anything you should have been charged double for this completely revolutionary and once in a lifetime only service of being put through to someone you call who’s already on a call.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I presume so. Alice has cheated on everyone else, so I'd have to be naive to think I was the exception.

By *unlovers70Couple  over a year ago

Overseas

Oooooo..... Subtle

I, and the other 2 people involved (and my father) knew what happened....your opinion is irrelevant.

I didn’t claim to have an infinite knowledge of phone systems of any era but I used a landline up until the age of 20 so I have many years experience with using landline phones and not once was I ever connected to someone I was calling who was already on a call and not once have I heard of it happening to anyone else…were you just put straight into their call then, no ring tone or anything, you were just dropped into their call? I’m in no way claiming to be a phone expert but I’m pretty sure that can’t happen.

I’m sure crossed lines weren’t meant to occur, i don’t think it was a design feature of phones to make them occasionally have crossed lines, so thanks for the condescendingly delivered information but I was well aware that they weren’t meant to occur. They did occur though didn’t they, I’ve experienced it many times so, unlike being dropped into an existing call between the person I called and someone else, I know they occurred, I’ve heard other people talking about crossed lines, there’s even a name for it unlike what happened to you which doesn’t have a name because it never happens….when lines did get crossed it was completely random and you couldn’t make out what the other people were saying, it was just indistinguishable voices in the background, you’re claiming to have been connected to an existing call which is very different to a crossed line and you’re claiming to have been able to clearly recognise the voices on the call. When did this actually happen?

And why did your dad dispute the call with the phone company and get the charges refunded? You made the call didn’t you? Just because you were miraculously added into an existing call doesn’t make a difference regarding paying for it, if you dialled the number and was put through to that number then the phone company can charge you just like a normal, and non fictional, call. If anything you should have been charged double for this completely revolutionary and once in a lifetime only service of being put through to someone you call who’s already on a call. "

I experienced a crossed line when I was younger and was able to hear every word that was said albeit I didn’t recognize the voices as didn’t know them! It used to happen quite a lot back in the day so I think it’s rather unfair just to trash what this guy has said just because you think it didn’t happen and have no personal experience of it yourself! Mrs

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman  over a year ago

Telford

Yes I have been cheated on. I have very good intuition and I always knew.

Wolverhampton

Oooooo..... Subtle

And why did your dad dispute the call with the phone company and get the charges refunded? You made the call didn’t you? Just because you were miraculously added into an existing call doesn’t make a difference regarding paying for it, if you dialled the number and was put through to that number then the phone company can charge you just like a normal, and non fictional, call. If anything you should have been charged double for this completely revolutionary and once in a lifetime only service of being put through to someone you call who’s already on a call.

I experienced a crossed line when I was younger and was able to hear every word that was said albeit I didn’t recognize the voices as didn’t know them! It used to happen quite a lot back in the day so I think it’s rather unfair just to trash what this guy has said just because you think it didn’t happen and have no personal experience of it yourself! Mrs "

What he’s saying happened wasn’t a crossed line though, it’s very different to a crossed line. A crossed line is when 2 separate phone lines randomly overlap for some reason, it requires 2 people to dial someone and the 2 people they’re dialling to answer the call so that 2 connections are established and then for those 2 connections to cross into each other, completely randomly. In this case we have one connection established between 2 people and a third person joining that connection, probably before three way calls had even been invented. We’ve all experienced crossed lines, I’m not saying that crossed lines didn’t happen because I know they did, but no one that i know of has ever experienced phoning someone who’s already on a call with someone else and being dropped into that phone call, have you ever experienced it? How many times have you been trying to contact someone who’s phone’s engaged and you keep phoning them over and over again and always get the engaged tone, I must have made 10’s of thousands of phone calls to an engaged number during my lifetime so surely if it was possible to by pass the engaged phone call block and be added to an existing call with the person I’m trying to contact and the person they were already in a call with then it would have happened at least once out of those 10’s of thousands of times. Just because someone says something happened to them it doesn’t mean that it definitely did, if the thing they’re saying happened is something that has never happen to anyone else and doesn’t seem like it’s possible that it can happen then why would i believe that it did happen?

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Why does it bother you so much what some random person on the Internet states happened.

Wolverhampton

"Why does it bother you so much what some random person on the Internet states happened. "

Doesn’t it bother you that someone has commented on a thread about people being cheated on by someone they love, which is a sensitive subject and may be uncomfortable for people to talk about, with a fictional story about something that couldn’t possibly happen, has never happened to anyone else before and will never happen to anyone in the future? Do you think it’s ok for him to do that? If everyone thinks that’s ok and he hasn’t done anything wrong then I’ll drop it and won’t comment on it again. If everyone’s happy to be part of a forum where it’s ok for someone to gatecrash a thread where people are sharing heartbreaking and traumatic experiences by posting something completely fictional then obviously I’m the one who’s wrong and I need to take a step back and have a look at myself.

By *haz46Woman  over a year ago

Stockport

yes been cheated on

By *andC1000Couple  over a year ago

Ashford

Yes and no, agree to a degree but it’s not always the act of the cheating that hurts but the lies that accompany it. That’s the bit that hurts and kills someone inside bit by bit. Trouble is people don’t know or choose not to be honest with each other ruining potentially good relationships

By *rofessor ElementalMan  over a year ago

Durham

Yeah, I didn’t mind.

The girl turned up at our house with her mum… she didn’t know about me either

Peach

"Why does it bother you so much what some random person on the Internet states happened.

Doesn’t it bother you that someone has commented on a thread about people being cheated on by someone they love, which is a sensitive subject and may be uncomfortable for people to talk about, with a fictional story about something that couldn’t possibly happen, has never happened to anyone else before and will never happen to anyone in the future? Do you think it’s ok for him to do that? If everyone thinks that’s ok and he hasn’t done anything wrong then I’ll drop it and won’t comment on it again. If everyone’s happy to be part of a forum where it’s ok for someone to gatecrash a thread where people are sharing heartbreaking and traumatic experiences by posting something completely fictional then obviously I’m the one who’s wrong and I need to take a step back and have a look at myself. "

How about you share your own experiences instead of picking apart everyone else’s?

By *cotCouple666Couple  over a year ago

Central Belt

Yes, I found out from my best friends boyfriend. The girl my boyfriend cheated with was also a friend of my best friend. She chose to protect her, but blabbed to her boyfriend about it. I stupidly made the decision to stay in the relationship. Only lasted a few months. Found out years later that he kept cheating with the same girl and was paying another friend of ours to keep quiet about it.

Beth x

By *hroatitboyMan  over a year ago

GLA

Yeah could tell with the way he acted with other people ie more flirty. Then I went detective on his ass haha. But even if he hadn’t it was effectively over because the trust had gone anyway.

» Add a new message to this topic