FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Winks???

Winks???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Winks?

Do we like them or hate them?

Personally I don't mind getting winks, it shows you fancy them. X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i like winks - they are a tentative step to show people you lke their profile and gives them the chance to view yours and decide of they like you to

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well i am not to sure in all fairness, i do prefer a message but it is a much simpler way for people to say i like you, do you like me back

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I agree!

It's the 1st step to show your interested. I do look at my winks, and if I feel that I would like to chat then I wink back and we start the ball rolling.

By *nothercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I like groundhog day!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I like groundhog day!"

good for you

"I agree!

It's the 1st step to show your interested. I do look at my winks, and if I feel that I would like to chat then I wink back and we start the ball rolling.

"

Same here, I like them as a sign of interest.

Winks are O.K, they're a non committal way of making contact,ice breakers.

XXXX

Love winks, if we are interested we wink back if not we don't as we answer all mails it saves us sending a thanks but no thanks message.

That said if people wink us but don't have pics or only have pics of one of them or just body bits it's really annoying because we aren't going to wink back saying we are interested because we don't know if we are, but on the other hand when we don't wink back they think we aren't interested even though we might have been had we seen pictures of them.

When I remember to look I block delete without looking at them.

My profile is specific on the type of man I want to play with. I see winks as lazy, a lazy man serves no purpose for me.

It serves its purpose I suppose: the chaff separate themselves from the wheat for me!

From my experience couples have more success with winks that single men.

I don't mind them. If someone takes my interest I'll wink back. But I wouldn't message someone off the back of one - I prefer to see if the person's got the get up and go to write a proper message back now they know I'm interested on first sight. If not, they've not done enough to convince me they'll make enough effort in bed and I don't make any further contact

I like winks, it means i can look at someone and decide whether to wink back or message back. The guy from last night, with nothing on his profile other than a picture of him drinking a can, wont get winked back

Never ever look at them.

If we want to contact someone, we'll send them a message.

Each to their own tho

I don't send winks myself, only messages.

I rarely respond to winks, unless I consider the sender as exceptional.

I like winks, they are like getting a wolf whistle!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Nope... I delete em. I don't look at profiles from a wink, they get binned. Same with friend requests from people you've never spoken to... what's that all about? In my world friendship means actually being a friend.

I don't really send messages either, I just reply. Maybe I should start browsing and actually see if there's anyone who fits my bill on the planet. Fussy doesn't quite cover it.

I think Winks are a great way to show interest in someone!!!

I like to get winks, but I don't really send them out because a lot of people don't like them.

I think that when you do send a wink you need to realise that in many cases it will result in the recipitent looking at your profile.

We got a wink earlier from a couple whose profile consisted of one line and no pictures. They expect us to wink them back if we are interested but how can we be interested there is nothing for us to be interested in.

If you had a shop you would put something appealing in the window otherwise nobody would look at it, put something intersting and appealing in it and people may come in and look around at what is on offer.

"I like to get winks, but I don't really send them out because a lot of people don't like them."

id let you wink at meshame you are so far away

"I think that when you do send a wink you need to realise that in many cases it will result in the recipitent looking at your profile.

We got a wink earlier from a couple whose profile consisted of one line and no pictures. They expect us to wink them back if we are interested but how can we be interested there is nothing for us to be interested in.

If you had a shop you would put something appealing in the window otherwise nobody would look at it, put something intersting and appealing in it and people may come in and look around at what is on offer."

Ive said the same above, its like getting a box of chocolates and finding its empty

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

We always appreciate winks..it shows we must be doing something right...but short messages are even more welcome...they are a little more personal...we always respond.

The opposite though when it comes to friends invites...we make it clear that we bin 'cold' ones...what is the point?...but still they come...from people who obviously cant be arsed to read the profile through

My guy loves winking - its a way to get someone interested. If they wink back then we send a message, or they send us a message - yeah im glad its there

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Yes, me too, it's like giving someone the eye across a bar

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

"My guy loves winking - its a way to get someone interested. If they wink back then we send a message, or they send us a message - yeah im glad its there "

We dont mind winks and do send them aswell, if we wink and it is returned we will send a message.

if someone winks us and we return it, it usually results in a friend request with no message.

If they cant be bothered to message it goes no further from us as it clearly states we dont add friends unless spoken or messaged, we put this down to pic collectors.

"Winks?

Personally I don't mind getting winks, it shows you fancy them. X "

If only all the ladies appreciated the functions of fab like you

After reading all the bad comments about winks , I never sent any but might change that now .

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I don't mind winks - tend not to send many and will reply to most with a message, what makes me laugh is when we get a wink and we're not that enthralled with the profile so just wink back to see what happens and then don't get a follow up message! Proves how lazy they are really! Z

I have stopped sending winks after some nasty messages. Why do people take the hump as they can ignore if they like.

Winks are a great ice breaker if your a shy person or like my self person who finds it hard to spell correctly l find it a good way of starting contact with people

By *LLSEXEDUPMan  over a year ago

Reading

For me the wink is a good way of showing a person that I like what I have read on their profile, if I get a wink back then I would send them a message in a heartbeat, for me its just overcoming that barrier of being able to contact someone and not being affraid of rejection

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I agree!

"

I concur. Shame lots of people ignore them and/or block you...

Bolton

"I agree!

I concur. Shame lots of people ignore them and/or block you..."

If some one blocks you as a result of getting a wink then thats good - do you want to waste your time on someone like that? Z

"If some one blocks you as a result of getting a wink then thats good - do you want to waste your time on someone like that? Z"

I absolutely agree!!! Seriously, some folks on here need to definately lighten up!!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I don`t send them, preferring to message instead, but I do respond to them, with a message of course!

"I have stopped sending winks after some nasty messages. Why do people take the hump as they can ignore if they like."

dont take that to heart, just ignore them and keep winking away as some of us dont mind

By *hell and jCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

winks are okx x they get your attentionx x i check pro file but as in my pro file no face pic no message xx can not be fairer than that as i have face pic on my pro file x x

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Yes winks are a great way to show someone you are interested or might be interested (especially if you have rejection issues ).... that's if the person/people you are winking at actually like winks and check the list.

I rarely check my winks.... it's just not part of my routine when I log in.

My priority are the people who took time to write a message who have shown they actually read my profile.

Good morning fabbers

and a last one for good luck

"Yes winks are a great way to show someone you are interested or might be interested (especially if you have rejection issues ).... that's if the person/people you are winking at actually like winks and check the list.

I rarely check my winks.... it's just not part of my routine when I log in.

My priority are the people who took time to write a message who have shown they actually read my profile.

"

*Nods in agreement*

I think my eye is on the blink lol

"

I think my eye is on the blink lol

"

or should that be wink lol

I dont mind receiving winks as I send them too. I think it's a good way of saying "i like your profile"

we like winks and use them

its just a nice way of saying we like the look of you and gives people the chance to express an interest back to start a conversation

the electronic equivalent of eyes meeting across a room

"I like groundhog day!"

Do you mean the film? Or is it a weak attempt at sarcasm

"Winks?

Personally I don't mind getting winks, it shows you fancy them. X "

I quite like them, allthough when someone winks at me and I send an email but get no reply it can seem a bit odd

I dont like them, I see is as just lazyness, I much prefer a message ... sorry!

I don't mind'em, but there again, I dont send'em, but in the whole scheme of things I hardly think they are worth getting bent out of shape about,, after-all it could seem a tad lame should anyone feel offended when another person thinks their profile looks attractive or appealing and wishes to express that sentiment in a none suggestive way...cuz a wink is only a wink...and doesn’t necessarily mean they wanna a shag ya or even chat with you, and lets be honest if anyone is so intensely opposed to receiving winks, it not unrealistic to perhaps think the outraged recipient believes they are above being complimented by lesser people than they are happy to associate with…. And omg,,,, who on here is that gorgeous apart from me !!!! Tongue firmly in cheek.

Again as always, no offence intended to anyone… I mean, who am I to talk…. Stuth,,,, I must be such a bombastic fecker even to think anyone would be interested in what I have to say,,,,, haha,

Anyway, Best Regards Sox

My, my’ you all looking ever so stunning today,,,, yes even you….

I think winks are a great ice breaker. It says "I'm interested and would like to know if I meet your criteria". As much as everyone loves to receive a message, it's the rudest thing when you take the time to write an articulate message, for them to read and delete without responding, or just ignoring you. Lazy... as I keep reading, is for those who can't send a 'thanks, but not for us/me'. Maybe there should be an option to not have winks or have a message sent back saying we don't accept winks...

"I think winks are a great ice breaker. It says "I'm interested and would like to know if I meet your criteria". As much as everyone loves to receive a message, it's the rudest thing when you take the time to write an articulate message, for them to read and delete without responding, or just ignoring you. Lazy... as I keep reading, is for those who can't send a 'thanks, but not for us/me'. Maybe there should be an option to not have winks or have a message sent back saying we don't accept winks... "

I've deleted without reading six messages today. The FIRST sentence of my profile states I'm not meeting til December for medical reasons!

Do you really expect me to respond to these men?!!

I've also deleted two winks: couple in Sunderland - I'm straight and man in Glasgow: I only meet locally!

You'd think people would contact those who want to meet them: but what do I know!

[Removed by poster at 31/10/10 16:10:28]

In this circumstance I can understand why you would delete without response, however many messages are deleted without a no thank you for no good reason. A wink is as good as a nudge in those cases!

Bolton

"In this circumstance I can understand why you would delete without response, however many messages are deleted without a no thank you for no good reason. A wink is as good as a nudge in those cases! "

How do you know that messages are not replied to and deleted for no good reason? If someone doesn't want to reply to a message, they don't need to. It's not rocket science! I don't mind winks and will respond if they fit our criteria but can't understand the wink we got earlier from Inverness! Z

"In this circumstance I can understand why you would delete without response, however many messages are deleted without a no thank you for no good reason. A wink is as good as a nudge in those cases!

How do you know that messages are not replied to and deleted for no good reason? If someone doesn't want to reply to a message, they don't need to. It's not rocket science! I don't mind winks and will respond if they fit our criteria but can't understand the wink we got earlier from Inverness! Z"

If you read my earlier thread you'll understand. I completely agree with your comment on winks, and that should be the case. My point on messages not being replied to, is the exact reason for sending a wink rather than a thought out message which is then ignore. You are correct... It's not rocket science!

Just got a wink, typical of most that we get:

The sender

Has no pictures on site - our profile states we are not interested in people without profile pictures.

Won't meet smokers - Not only are we smokers but our profile states we won't mee people whose profile state "won't meet smokers"

Thier Interests don't include Safe Sex -Ours does and we don't meet those who play bareback.

Thier Maximum age limit is 40 years - I am 55

Thier profile states they are looking for local couples - we are 3-4 hours drive away depending on traffic

We love winks but hate timewasters

By *riendlymasseurMan  over a year ago

birmingham & warwickshire areas

A wink is a wink, as in real life a friendly heelo I like you! No harm, just ligh hearted good fun!

Enjoy them please I do xxx

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

I like winks, the more the merrier. They are harmless introductions that show interest, like flirting. And we all love a good flirt.

However it does amuse me that, usually, the people who say they don't like winks are the very same people who then complain about the size of their mailbox.

Forum Mod

Love them

I would rather have a wink from a decent profile than a message from a rubbish profile,they're easy to ignore if you don't like them,we have met some great people from winks

i dont mind them as it shows someone is interested in me.i always reply even if its just to say thanks for the wink but no thanks.

xx

By *ayc_BigballsMan  over a year ago

Derby

i like them.

» Add a new message to this topic