FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > has UK the unfriendliest people

has UK the unfriendliest people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

why are people in the UK so unfriendly? i have a place in sri lanka & they are so more trusting & approachable than the british, its seems men & women here distrust each other so much that the phrase the battle of the sexes rings true, how in hell we populate the world god only knows!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"why are people in the UK so unfriendly? i have a place in sri lanka & they are so more trusting & approachable than the british, its seems men & women here distrust each other so much that the phrase the battle of the sexes rings true, how in hell we populate the world god only knows!!!"
It's a culture thing. Eastern cultures, typically, respect their elders. Western culture, typically, does not.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i have to say it depresses me when i look around at work and see the way the younger generations behave (god i sound old lol)

you do have to wonder when it all started going down hill.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ill tell you when...after the cane was taken away....police lost power to clout kids ...and britain went so f**king p.c.....aaahhhh thats better!!!!

Come up to Scotland, they are friendly souls here. xxx

consumerism and tv brainwashing.

Selfishness and a total disregard for anyone else. And it isnt just the kids. A lot of people seem to be totally self absorbed. ITs not everyone though, you only notice the bad ones, the decent people just blend into the background so are not as noticable

"Ill tell you when...after the cane was taken away....police lost power to clout kids ...and britain went so f**king p.c.....aaahhhh thats better!!!!"

That is oh so true.. you forgot that parents have lost power too.. the kids rule.. and it shows.

Katie.x

"Ill tell you when...after the cane was taken away....police lost power to clout kids ...and britain went so f**king p.c.....aaahhhh thats better!!!!"

Absolutely true, but all the soft touch, bleeding heart types will tell you it's not so!

XXXX

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"i have to say it depresses me when i look around at work and see the way the younger generations behave (god i sound old lol)

you do have to wonder when it all started going down hill. "

I have quotes from the C15th saying exactly that!

"why are people in the UK so unfriendly? i have a place in sri lanka & they are so more trusting & approachable than the british, its seems men & women here distrust each other so much that the phrase the battle of the sexes rings true, how in hell we populate the world god only knows!!!"

It's a culture-thing. The good old "British Reserve", stiff upper lip and all that. Even when we do talk to strangers, what do we talk about? The weather! A really open and trusting subject - NOT!

However, I've found swingers are a lot more trusting and approachable than the general population. The shared interest in recreational sex helps enormously, of course, . However, I've found that, at clubs, people are very friendly, even to people who they know they won't be playing with.

So all we need to do now is bring more people into the swinging lifestyle and we've cured the UK's problem!

Maybe I am a sunny optimist LOL

Come to Norfolk we are lovely here very chilled out. I was in super- market Friday and this couple was chating to this man think he had be ill or down on his luck. I heard her say you poor man get over here so i can give you a cuddle when was getting the cat food made me all most criy .. lol

Up until about 40 years ago, children were important but somewhere below the dog in social standing. Now parents have their offspring on social pedestals from which they terrorise the country. This seems to be a worsening situation the better-off the family is. On the otherhand, lack of care to the children let's them run feral. I hate to think how the cities will be in ten years

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"Up until about 40 years ago, children were important but somewhere below the dog in social standing. Now parents have their offspring on social pedestals from which they terrorise the country. This seems to be a worsening situation the better-off the family is. On the otherhand, lack of care to the children let's them run feral. I hate to think how the cities will be in ten years"

It's being proposed next week that teachers can search pupils mobile phones to check for un savoury messages, pics etc etc.. This has come about because of all the bullying of both pupils and teachers on social web sites and by testing etc.... The response to this was from outrage re civil liberties and it doesn't go far enough! What about the civil liberties of those being bullied! Sick of the moaning about the liberties of the perpetrators if you offend you loose those liberties end of story....prisoners the right to vote! What a joke! Such if life in the free world! lol

Bristol is very friendly

dont fu@c~ing ask me!

By *ittle-Miss-MuffetCouple  over a year ago

Chester / North Wales

So that's the solution is it? Beat respect into them? Hmm, not sure that will work. Sorry, but the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of more (and more with each generation) liberal parents and teachers. I was never smacked or caned, but I know right from wrong and I respect my peers.

Not sure if your comments were tongue in cheek, but sorry, I've never heard such bollocks..

Chester / North Wales

"Ill tell you when...after the cane was taken away....police lost power to clout kids ...and britain went so f**king p.c.....aaahhhh thats better!!!!

That is oh so true.. you forgot that parents have lost power too.. the kids rule.. and it shows.

Katie.x"

Only those that never had the power in the first place.. you give a child a good moral grounding and you never have to resort to such lengths.. said the bleeding heart softie..

a few years ago, i gave my son what i thought were simple questions about history.

one was who were the wright brothers, answer i got was they were the kray twins mates.

2nd who was winston chuchill, he was a poet. i gave up.

thats whats happened our younger generation aint got a clue, unless its an xbox lol

By *mf4BxJCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Had to check the address bar there, thought I'd landed up on the Daily Mail forum!

Chester / North Wales

"Had to check the address bar there, thought I'd landed up on the Daily Mail forum!"

I agree.. the voice of middle England has spoken! lol

I work in an educational environment and what i see everyday is kids that are either not wanted/'abused (not just sexually) or are not given limits of behaviour.

The schools are not replacements for parents, they are there to educate the kids. A large number of kids have multiple fathers/mums and a lot of them, their parents/legal guardians do not really know what their kids get up to. Of these, a lot actually LIKE school as they are given boundaries (in some subject with some teachers). They then know what is expected of them and (generally) behave. They are always at their worst on a Monday or just after a holiday as they have had a time of no boundaries.

In this country generally, we have become so paranoid of terrorism etc that it has 'ground the general public' down.

To me this is all wrong. Yes we need to watch out for terroriss, but if we let them change our livestyles, then they have won. to me this is what has happened. We are all so scared of nearlly everyone and everything.

You just go and try photographing a child near a government building. See how long it is before you are in a cell. Legally you have done nothing wrong, but I bet you are 'investigated'!

let keep a sense of proportion on these things and actually enjoy living.

"..........

The schools are not replacements for parents, they are there to educate the kids. A large number of kids have multiple fathers/mums and a lot of them, their parents/legal guardians do not really know what their kids get up to. ........... "

This is why Sure Start has been so vital to early years education in England. It provides the degree of stability that, sadly, all too many kids don't get at what laughingly passes for their homes.

By the time a child gets to 4-5 and into a traditional school environment the damage has been done and it's almost impossible to undo.

Needless to say the Tory-led government see well balanced and properly educated young people growing into sensible adults as a threat and are doing away with Sure Start.

Tory supporters will, of course, be entire welcome to buy early years education for their own kids.

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

i tend to find the further north you go the freindlier the people become the clsoer to london you get the pace of life and the demands are far greater with more strain on resources

"consumerism and tv brainwashing."

Agreed.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

In your bed

What is happening to our young

people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They

ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions.

Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?

In your bed

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on

frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond

words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and

respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise

[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint

In your bed

I think you'll find most of these where said over 2000 years ago. Theis some debate as to whether it was plato or plato speaking about Socrates. The last quote is from Hesiod, 8th century BC.

So your in good company on your thinking about the youth of today. lol

By *mf4BxJCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I think you'll find most of these where said over 2000 years ago. Theis some debate as to whether it was plato or plato speaking about Socrates. The last quote is from Hesiod, 8th century BC.

So your in good company on your thinking about the youth of today. lol"

Excellent!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I don't think the UK is unfriendly to be honest.

If you make the effort, most people respond.

Great question.

The Uk sadly is very unfriendly and I have noticed it on these forums.

Maybe it's the economy but people have turned in on themselves and look for scapegoats (the unemployed/single mums/immigrants etc) and it isn't nice.

Drive round and people are plain horrible. Agressive, nasty and dog eat dog. The place has gone down the pan and I await the usual response on here which is some bright spark shouting "Why dont you eff off somewhere else if you dont like it?"

It's Jeremy Kyle Broken Britain. Sky-high prices for housing, food, football, entertainment and petrol. No respect for elders at all and while Rome burns at home we fight 10 year long wars abroad.

The good news is that the nice people stand out more and there are still a lot of good ones.

A big shame.

If someones rude to me I just smile and thank them they hate that more but those that moan about the rudeness of us Brits well if you don't like in move

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

Not sure about unfriendly but some people in London are selfish. Was in London a while back and used the underground and a old lady was struggling with her suitcase so i offered to carry it for her. Anyway once id helped her to the platform with, she told me about 100 people had walked past and not one had offered to help her.

staffs

"If someones rude to me I just smile and thank them they hate that more but those that moan about the rudeness of us Brits well if you don't like in move "

i think the point is that we never used to be as rude or as selfish as we are right now..at least it wasn't so obvious due the the availability of news 24/7 and the civil liberties that we now enjoy to the detriment of vast sways of our population..all of our services be they nurses in an A&E on a Fri Sat night..firemen getting abuse both verbal and physical as they go about there duties saving life and property; when did you last see someone giving up a seat? we've probably always had a gang culture same the world over but not at the intensity or levels of violence we see now..

so whats the answer. well i haven't a clue...bring back nation service? maybe..come out of the European court of human rights some would say...perhaps there isn't an answer to get back to the good old days.. society definitely needs to move forward but all the time remembering the values that a certain generation remembers so fondly! and what some have died for to up hold.

In your bed

"

i think the point is that we never used to be as rude or as selfish as we are right now..at least it wasn't so obvious due the the availability of news 24/7 and the civil liberties that we now enjoy to the detriment of vast sways of our population..all of our services be they nurses in an A&E on a Fri Sat night..firemen getting abuse both verbal and physical as they go about there duties saving life and property; when did you last see someone giving up a seat? we've probably always had a gang culture same the world over but not at the intensity or levels of violence we see now.. "

Really honestly think about it. Are we comparing this society in this day and age and saying it's more violent than other countries and ages in time.

Shall we return to the middle ages raping and pilaging constant, no rights for the general populous.

Or maybe Saudi today, were would all be flogged and stoned for being on such a sight.

Maybe 1940's ww2 atomic bombs death on an industrial scale.

maybe russia with it's lovely democracy and pellonium assasinations, gangster corruption, private enterprise having to sign up with the governments before trading ie BP style.

Sure there are nice places, nice people but everything is a balance and often living and visiting somewhere are 2 completely different things.

No one is a prisoner to a free democratic country like this and all are able to move anywhere within the EU and if they have the brains or get up and go anywhere in the world.

I think there is alot of grass is greener going on. I live in a great neighbour hood, alot of neighbours know each other and help each other. But if we wanted to opt out of it we could.

Alot of society is the way you _iew it and what you put into it as well as what others are prepared to do for you.

The grass is pretty green where I am but poor parenting is still a problem. In this age of mass consumerism without either consequences or accountability, behaviour has suffered. Too many assume they deserve what someone else has gained/achieved/bought without having to earn 'it'- herein lies the path to collective ruin.

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"Come to Norfolk we are lovely here very chilled out. I was in super- market Friday and this couple was chating to this man think he had be ill or down on his luck. I heard her say you poor man get over here so i can give you a cuddle when was getting the cat food made me all most criy .. lol"

i find at supermarkets you can always strike up a conversation without any rebuff whether in the aisles or at checkouts, strangers will always talk whereas out on the street everyone is always very wary of what might happen!.

I must live in a bubble!

No full time police, we have no need of them here. Doors can be left unlocked, neighbours watch out for each other and their children.

We live in a village and are a community, our children are not feral, nor glued to x-boxes and the like.

Yes they have them, but they also get out to the parks and the beach when the weathers better and spend all summer amusing themselves without getting into trouble.

Manners are not lost on them either, they know when visiting friends that they are polite and sociable with the adults.

But kids are encouraged to grow up faster and be 'mini me's' before leaving childhood.

Perhaps that's the difference, we like our children to have a happy childhood and not grow up too quickly. Too many people pressure children into being little adults.

blimey guys what a response to my topic, how can i retract this topic as you all seem a lot friendlier than i thought..lol maybe its just the swingers here in Devon? hey

" the clsoer to london you get the pace of life and the demands are far greater with more strain on resources"

And yet the whole country has to pay for it!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Sod off!

But seriously, I'm form the Midlands and people can be pretty friendly here...but if you say hello to a random stranger in London you end up with a Police helicopter following you!!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

You are probably right….the attitude that it is someone else’s job to discipline children has no doubt contributed to the way many young people act today.

As a child I didn’t behave (or at least not get caught) because I feared the teacher whacking me around the legs with a ruler… I feared what my dad would do if he found out I’d pissed the teacher off.

Teachers and the police are not paid to be a child's parent... it's not in their job description.

staffs

"Ill tell you when...after the cane was taken away....police lost power to clout kids ...and britain went so f**king p.c.....aaahhhh thats better!!!!

You are probably right….the attitude that it is someone else’s job to discipline children has no doubt contributed to the way many young people act today.

As a child I didn’t behave (or at least not get caught) because I feared the teacher whacking me around the legs with a ruler… I feared what

my dad would do if he found out I’d pissed the

teacher off.

Teachers and the police are not paid to be a child's parent... it's not in their job description.

"

Very true it isn't but they are both there to educate with authority to back them up; because as we know discipline (back of the legs) is no longer an option for parents. Fear should never be the ultimate tool to keep kids in order but isn't that how the world works in general to keep the peace? Kids know they can get away with 'murder' the 'Asbo badge of merit' was bought in but hasn't it would seem bad the affect hoped for so now Cameron wants to bring in a new version where if you cause a prob you'll be excluded from towns and street corners for up to 2 years and we' ll your mobile!

So if society in general agrees that ferel kids are an issue why do some still seem to think they don't exist? and it's down purly to parents when all of the tools that used to be available are no longer.. Most kids don't understand being reasoned with when they are full of raging hormones and being told No! You can't do that because........... Trying to say "OK look if you do that this will happen."...the door has already been slammed in your face....a little fear is a good thing....we all know fire burns but until you experience that first burn do you really avoid it or are you curious? Just a thought and not advocating sending them back up chimneys! Not enough chimneys these days!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

" Very true it isn't but they are both there to educate with authority to back them up; …. "

I disagree.

Teachers are there to teach, not to be the parents back-up. In fact it should be quite the reverse…. how about a few more parents backing-up the teachers?

How many of the ‘feral kids’ do you think have parents who would back-up the police if they dragged their kids home?

It’s not all down to the parents… hence using the word ‘contributed’…. though they are the primary influence as a child develops.

In your bed

There are plenty of good kids out there trust me. Of a class of 30 I'd say 25 are good kids with 1 or 2 wayward and 3 on the boarder line between cheeky and naughty.

The problem is being naughty can be very entertaining and so the 1 or 2 can become more in a group situation.

Hence why exclusion works, but this always has been and always will be the way. People love a rebel until it impacts directly on them.

I don't think things are worse but as people grow up, what was funny or just having a laugh when growing up suddenly becomes annoying and frustrating when you have your own kids. And the teenagers on the street are no longer just harmless but scaring the new little ones. Until those little ones grow up and do the same themselves and suddenly it's harmless again.

"its the circle of life it's the wheel of fortune ..........."

i dont think its people being unfriendly as such. of course some will not give you the time of day but recently i think pressures of work and money issues do make people toughen up a little and be harder on people.

recently i have seen people getting angry over little things which really do not matter that much.

the most important thing is you remain healthy and true to yourself.

if you come across people who you consider rude or unfriendly then leave them alone.

because who you consider to be unfriendly will be liked by someone else.

just the way we are.not everyone is or likes the same.

good luck.

ok maybe i can re-phrase the question, why do people have no manners or courtesy any more (thats not a dig at anyone who has replied to this thread by the way)

I think the answer to that falls in two camps and ties in with what I said earlier. It's a class society- based on wealth, alas. Those just accumulting it seem to worship their children as the new World leaders, bringing up feckless, arrogant and basically worthless offspring with no regard to age, manners or even society. Those at the other end either have never known manners to teach them in the first place, or don't care. Oooh I didn't know I could be so jaded so early in the morning!

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

I dont think its fair to say 'all' the Uk...people are different in different areas..I think the most unfriendliest being people in the south of England..particularly the south east...I should know...thats where Im from!!

West

But one thing might have been overlooked here...are certain areas of the UK just unfriendly towards others?

Coming from the 'bubble' of the south east and being a teen/twenties in the seventies and eighties we seemed to _iew everyone north or Watford as being eey oop backward inbreds..and people west of Surrey were hippy weirdos!!..and then wondered why no one liked us!!

Its only when you move away and get talking to people that you realise how disliked a lot of the southerners are...and you can see why tbh...we/they are seen to be unfriendly 'stuck up' flash self centered posers who are all about themselves and stuck up their own arse..

Some of these _iews are based on stereotypical personalities of these people..and, of course not true at all..

I had (unfortunately) listened to people before I moved to Wales in the late eighties..'they shag sheep, they will burn your house down if your English, they wont talk to you' etc etc...what a load of bollocks!..they are very warm and friendly..providing you are willing to mix, and integrate and down come to their towns and villages with the idea that we still have an empire and your their to 'civilise the natives'

Makes me laugh when people talk about 'loud mouth yanks' and 'arrogant' germans/french...they need to take a close look in the mirror and watch closely how Brits behave abroad..

Ever noticed how when Brits are abroad the locals, be it in Spain, Italy, France etc are still 'foreigners'???

West

The worst imo are people from the Isle od Wight...I can never seem to hit it off with them...dunno why

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

""The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Plato,

""I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on

frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond

words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and

respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise

[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC)."

Jings, and we still haven't got the hang of parenting? Lol

i owen holiday homes have people come from all over uk and over sea usa china and france and thay say how lovely people are in uk thats why thay come on holiday here. people here are lovely.

» Add a new message to this topic