FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Rejection and swinging

Rejection and swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Believe it or not swinging is nit about fucking anyone that asks.

Everyone has their own wants turn ons and needs. Some people will fit them some will not.

To swing I think the first thing people need to learn is that you will be rejected. Even if you think you are God's gift you will message people who will not want to meet you or play with you.

Accept this and suck it up.

But rejection can hurt even from strangers and I think alot of people on here then think it's ok to lash out at the person rejecting them.

That's not a healthy way to deal with it for either parties

Simply saying to yourself ok they are not interested in me I will go find someone else who will, don't send the why messages, or the you dont know what your missing or even the beloved hate filled abusive messages (these just make you look like a total idiot by the way)

Move on and find people who want to have fun with you.

You will make your life in the swinging world alot better for everyone.

Have fun and happy fabbing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Agreed.

Rejection sucks! You're allowed to feel bad. But put the keyboard or phone down and deal with your feelings elsewhere.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t understand why people don’t understand why everybody is not for everybody. Not everybody can fancy everyone, it’s how the world works xx

Exactly the first bit as I do find far to many single men on here thinks this is instas*ag & are entitle to sex which is so not the case just because it’s a swinging site

"Exactly the first bit as I do find far to many single men on here thinks this is instas*ag & are entitled to sex which is so not the case just because it’s a swinging site "

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

Sigh - another thread telling folk what to do.

Most of us know this and those who do not don’t want to know and never will.

Telling people to “suck it up” helps no one.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think more often than not the lashing out is a way of blaming someone else for their own failings, it's easier to think it's someone else's fault than accept that it may lay closer to home.

There does also seem to be a misconception about swinging and sex sites such as this that enable meeting for NSA, that all the normal conventions of relationships go out of the window and it's just one big guaranteed fuckfest - so when it's found not to be the case, disappointment kicks in and frustrations are taken out.

None of the above is of course right and if people could only accept that there actually is no difference from building normal relationships, and that trust, respect, consideration and attraction still play their part - the only difference is the level and length of commitment to the relationship.

How many women have been rejected on this site by men and how did you feel when you were ?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"How many women have been rejected on this site by men and how did you feel when you were ? "

I have. It felt bad for a bit. I dealt with my feelings offline, after thanking the person for their honesty and before leaving them alone.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Rejection can be hard n sometimes cruel if it keeps happening. Job interviews, dating, swinging even selling a car.

Human nature dictates, reacts and perpetuates.

I think if kids are taught better about rejection at school and home they would cope with it better as adults.

Also too much love and appreciation can be a bad thing, a balanced diet of good n bad keeps your feet on the ground and your head out of your ass.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"How many women have been rejected on this site by men and how did you feel when you were ? "

I have once. Well not on the site but after a social. I felt a bit meh about it but only because of how it transpired. I had some wine, spoke to a couple of friends and then thought fuck it and was over it.

Cheshire/Staffs

I’ve not rejected anyone outright but you do other things when you feel it isn’t going to work. Blocking is one; effectively giving up is another; tapering off communication is a third; and outright rejection would be the ultimate.

I’ve been rejected by the woman of the couple you just move on

Well said guys that exactly our feelings on the subject too and your honesty is why you're on our Friends-list looking forward to meeting you soon xx

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I find it harder to reject someone, find it draining, emotionally.

I don't enjoy it at all.

Rejection is an absolute certainty.

If you can't handle it, you have 1,an over inflated ego.

2, emotional issues.

Fab is not the place for you.

Being nasty to people only serves to reinforce those things.

I had a vanilla date last week and it went well and he asked me out again after and messaged me saying how much he enjoyed it. Continued to message next few days and then radio silence. I was being ghosted so I messaged asking if he’d had second thoughts, he replied he just didn’t feel a spark and was sorry! I was confused and was thinking wtf why lie and say you want another date and how much you liked me

However I just replied no problems and I wish you well in the future. Deleted and blocked him from my phone and social media.

We get amazed if we ARE NOT rejected....

By *lltogethernowMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I'm cool with rejection personally these are only words. I grew up in the 90s no internet dating just clubs and a lot of real time rejection. What does get me tho is when a man from a couple pipes up about how to react to rejection!! that's a problem. It's a bit like somebody suddenly getting rich and thinking he knows the best way to live.

Cheshire/Staffs

"I'm cool with rejection personally these are only words. I grew up in the 90s no internet dating just clubs and a lot of real time rejection. What does get me tho is when a man from a couple pipes up about how to react to rejection!! that's a problem. It's a bit like somebody suddenly getting rich and thinking he knows the best way to live.

"

Yes I know what you mean - these men need to be careful as they’re only one fuck up away from re-joining the rest of us in Dante’s Inferno

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I had a vanilla date last week and it went well and he asked me out again after and messaged me saying how much he enjoyed it. Continued to message next few days and then radio silence. I was being ghosted so I messaged asking if he’d had second thoughts, he replied he just didn’t feel a spark and was sorry! I was confused and was thinking wtf why lie and say you want another date and how much you liked me

However I just replied no problems and I wish you well in the future. Deleted and blocked him from my phone and social media. "

You see, I don't understand why people do that, whether it be on here or anywhere else - I'd much rather be rejected and politely told why, than be left dangling wondering what I had said or done.

I get that not everyone will find me attractive, or will have met me and found we're not sexually compatible or simply just had a change of heart but to say "Yes, let's do it again" and then go silent is not only cowardly but cruel. At least be honest.

It's compounded on here as it's not the "done" thing to ask or try to get an understanding of what you did wrong, so you are left to wonder when I'm fact it might be nothing at all to do with something you did.

And yeah I get that here it's about NSA and that no-one owes anyone anything nor are there any commitments - but a little decency and consideration both ways wouldn't go amiss either.

I also know that the issue has arisen because of those that can't take rejection but if you've got to know someone well enough to get naked with them (as can be the case here) surely you know them well enough to be able to gauge how they'll react and be honest with them when it's run it's course.

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

"Believe it or not swinging is nit about fucking anyone that asks.

Everyone has their own wants turn ons and needs. Some people will fit them some will not.

To swing I think the first thing people need to learn is that you will be rejected. Even if you think you are God's gift you will message people who will not want to meet you or play with you.

But rejection can hurt even from strangers and I think alot of people on here then think it's ok to lash out at the person rejecting them.

Simply saying to yourself ok they are not interested in me I will go find someone else who will, don't send the why messages, or the you dont know what your missing or even the beloved hate filled abusive messages (these just make you look like a total idiot by the way)

"

What happened? X

By *lltogethernowMan  over a year ago

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 28/07/19 20:04:30]

Cheshire/Staffs

"I had a vanilla date last week and it went well and he asked me out again after and messaged me saying how much he enjoyed it. Continued to message next few days and then radio silence. I was being ghosted so I messaged asking if he’d had second thoughts, he replied he just didn’t feel a spark and was sorry! I was confused and was thinking wtf why lie and say you want another date and how much you liked me

However I just replied no problems and I wish you well in the future. Deleted and blocked him from my phone and social media. "

No one owes you anything we’re always told so that’s how it is.

Currently Faraway

"I'm cool with rejection personally these are only words. I grew up in the 90s no internet dating just clubs and a lot of real time rejection. What does get me tho is when a man from a couple pipes up about how to react to rejection!! that's a problem. It's a bit like somebody suddenly getting rich and thinking he knows the best way to live.

Yes I know what you mean - these men need to be careful as they’re only one fuck up away from re-joining the rest of us in Dante’s Inferno "

I don’t mean to sound like the bloke who obnoxiously disagrees with the other single blokes here, but I have spoken to Boo and I think he means it in a nicer way than it came across; besides, let’s not forget it IS hurtful to be called shit names when you have politely rejected somebody, which is what may have happened x

"We get amazed if we ARE NOT rejected.... "

Same here always shocked when someone actually wants to meet us and think it’s a wind up

However I just replied no problems and I wish you well in the future. Deleted and blocked him from my phone and social media.

No one owes you anything we’re always told so that’s how it is. "

I didn’t say he owed me anything. I just found it strange to act and behave a certain way and then say something completely the opposite,

I didn’t say he owed me anything. I just found it strange to act and behave a certain way and then say something completely the opposite, "

The “they don’t owe you anything” line that’s bandied around on here doesn’t wash, if you’ve invested time and energy then people should have the intelligence and thoughtfulness to reject in an adult manner

Cheshire/Staffs

Yes I know what you mean - these men need to be careful as they’re only one fuck up away from re-joining the rest of us in Dante’s Inferno

I don’t mean to sound like the bloke who obnoxiously disagrees with the other single blokes here, but I have spoken to Boo and I think he means it in a nicer way than it came across; besides, let’s not forget it IS hurtful to be called shit names when you have politely rejected somebody, which is what may have happened x"

When you have to have someone else explain what you meant then you’re not the best communicator

It came across as very smug and didactic - not a great look

And not a very necessary sermon either, as I pointed out earlier

But I’m sure he’s a nice bloke really

Cheshire/Staffs

I didn’t say he owed me anything. I just found it strange to act and behave a certain way and then say something completely the opposite,

The “they don’t owe you anything” line that’s bandied around on here doesn’t wash, if you’ve invested time and energy then people should have the intelligence and thoughtfulness to reject in an adult manner"

I think it’s a crap line and I 100% agree with you - but that’s what gets trotted out on here lots of times

Currently Faraway

The “they don’t owe you anything” line that’s bandied around on here doesn’t wash, if you’ve invested time and energy then people should have the intelligence and thoughtfulness to reject in an adult manner"

I have been mercilessly trolled for agreeing along similar lines with what you said; but, it’s the cyberspace....for better or worse some people will reject other people unceremoniously....not nice but, it happens x

Cheshire/Staffs

The “they don’t owe you anything” line that’s bandied around on here doesn’t wash, if you’ve invested time and energy then people should have the intelligence and thoughtfulness to reject in an adult manner

I have been mercilessly trolled for agreeing along similar lines with what you said; but, it’s the cyberspace....for better or worse some people will reject other people unceremoniously....not nice but, it happens x"

It does - it’s piss poor but they don’t care as they’re largely anonymous on here.

By *usicman1980Man  over a year ago

malvern

Truly have never been upset nor offended over rejection. Its simply nothing personal. 8 billion people in the world and we can't all find each other attractive.

By *un Mike 2019Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"We get amazed if we ARE NOT rejected.... "

Me too

I have been mercilessly trolled for agreeing along similar lines with what you said; but, it’s the cyberspace....for better or worse some people will reject other people unceremoniously....not nice but, it happens x"

I think there’s a difference in being rejected by a cold message to having a date with someone communicating for a couple of weeks prior and after date contacting saying how much you enjoyed their company and would like another date then saying no sorry I didn’t feel a spark. I do feel I should of been given a better explanation and it’s not comparable to cold messaging as I said above.

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

"Believe it or not swinging is nit about fucking anyone that asks.

"

Cheshire/Staffs

I have been mercilessly trolled for agreeing along similar lines with what you said; but, it’s the cyberspace....for better or worse some people will reject other people unceremoniously....not nice but, it happens x

I think there’s a difference in being rejected by a cold message to having a date with someone communicating for a couple of weeks prior and after date contacting saying how much you enjoyed their company and would like another date then saying no sorry I didn’t feel a spark. I do feel I should of been given a better explanation and it’s not comparable to cold messaging as I said above. "

It is comparable - you were messed around and ultimately rejected.

My real view is that you were treated abominably and you deserve to be treated better as a human being.

But my Fab view is, man up buttercup and get over it as that is what passes for civility on this site. If you complain about rudeness, however, you get private messages from some on this forum telling you to leave the site. Funny really.

You’re worth more than being messed around by some idiot - and you’ll find someone better

I think there’s a difference in being rejected by a cold message to having a date with someone communicating for a couple of weeks prior and after date contacting saying how much you enjoyed their company and would like another date then saying no sorry I didn’t feel a spark. I do feel I should of been given a better explanation and it’s not comparable to cold messaging as I said above.

My real view is that you were treated abominably and you deserve to be treated better as a human being.

But my Fab view is, man up buttercup and get over it as that is what passes for civility on this site. If you complain about rudeness, however, you get private messages from some on this forum telling you to leave the site. Funny really.

You’re worth more than being messed around by some idiot - and you’ll find someone better "

It’ was a date from the real world as such. He asked me out in person! Not even on here. So I disagree. We actually physically met had food and drinks arranged another date. Spoke on phone numerous times. He certainly wasn’t showing signs of no spark.

I think it’s because on here you are telling people your deepest desires or displaying pics of yourself you probably wouldn’t elsewhere. So by laying yourself bare rejection hurts but as I heard someone say the other day...if we all liked the same person we’d all be married to your dad

Cheshire/Staffs

You’re worth more than being messed around by some idiot - and you’ll find someone better

It’ was a date from the real world as such. He asked me out in person! Not even on here. So I disagree. We actually physically met had food and drinks arranged another date. Spoke on phone numerous times. He certainly wasn’t showing signs of no spark. "

Ah well, shows what happens when you try and be supportive - more argument

Move on

It’ was a date from the real world as such. He asked me out in person! Not even on here. So I disagree. We actually physically met had food and drinks arranged another date. Spoke on phone numerous times. He certainly wasn’t showing signs of no spark.

Move on "

I’m not arguing. Your making out we met on here and you said fab view. I never met him on here

Cheshire/Staffs

Move on

I’m not arguing. Your making out we met on here and you said fab view. I never met him on here "

I never mentioned where you met him did I?

Let’s leave the discussion there shall we? Sigh...

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Rejection is part and parcel of Fab. For everyone. If you can’t cope with it you need to get off Fab.

Never take rejection personally, and don’t give them a 2nd thought as they won’t you!

There are plenty of people worthy of your thoughts and time

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I'm not rejected by the one that counts. My partner in life. We live our lives together.

A fellow swinger just popping in for a moment, rejecting us is not a corncern we stress about. We have been accepted by many. We will be accepted by many more, and rejected by some.

No worries.

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Rejection makes the occasions of acceptance so much sweeter...

Part of life..

No one ever gets what they want all the time..

» Add a new message to this topic