FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Erotica 2012

Erotica 2012

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ettuceslug OP   Couple  over a year ago

Driffield

According to their website, Erotica 2012 has been cancelled with a promise of a better event at another venue in early 2013..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And ??

Previous threads have mentioned this. Sorry OP but it won't ruin peoples days.

Driffield

Was just saying guys - AND?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Was just saying guys - AND?"

It won`t hurt for this to be repeated as I`ve already heard of those who booked non-refundable rooms at the nearby Hilton for the show so if more are alerted then it`s job done.

Driffield

Sorry but I thought the forum was all about communication, there for everyone to use.

If someone posts some info that I'm not interested in, I don't get involved or reply to it. If the OP hadn't realised it had been posted before, I might point the fact out politely, I might not but I don't see the need for schoolyard type replies such as "AND?"

All I was trying to do was share information amd I'm sorry if I didn't do it correctly xx

Driffield

Thanks Bumpkin x

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"And ?? "

Stop being so bleeding aggressive people!

No need

"Sorry but I thought the forum was all about communication, there for everyone to use.

If someone posts some info that I'm not interested in, I don't get involved or reply to it. If the OP hadn't realised it had been posted before, I might point the fact out politely, I might not but I don't see the need for schoolyard type replies such as "AND?"

All I was trying to do was share information amd I'm sorry if I didn't do it correctly xx"

"Sorry but I thought the forum was all about communication, there for everyone to use.

Totally agree

All I was trying to do was share information amd I'm sorry if I didn't do it correctly xx "

Forum Mod

All I was trying to do was share information amd I'm sorry if I didn't do it correctly xx"

You're right the forum is to share information,and I know that Erotica is a huge event for a lot of people,I hope they come back bigger and better next year as I want to go

Don't allow the sarcastic posts to put you off posting,some people seem to conduct themselves in strange ways on here,it says more about them than you x

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 18/04/12 22:38:23]

West

Well, we'll reply..

I think the writing has been on the wall for Erotica for quite a while..you have to pay to enter what is not much more than a sales event.

Its a good gig..once, twice and it ok...anymore and it becomes boring and samey in my opinion..

And the stuff on sales is normally far cheaper on the net..even if they do say 'specials' etc...

Thanks for the info...

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

We had heard the same but appreciate the heads up all the same, and quite right for posting about it to, we are sure people will find this useful.

By *r OreoMan  over a year ago

Croydon

I went once as I was curious - 2010 and saw dita von tease but it was really quite sparse and very un-erotic if anything.

Some folks we met there who had been a few times said it had really gone downhill and become a bit mainstream.

Driffield

Thanks for the replies guys you've restored my confidence xx

West

"I went once as I was curious - 2010 and saw dita von tease but it was really quite sparse and very un-erotic if anything.

Some folks we met there who had been a few times said it had really gone downhill and become a bit mainstream. "

It has...we went in 09...stayed in the Hilton next door..(13 quid for two southern comforts please sir!! )

The bar was just full of loud fat reps knocking up their expenses allowance..

The 'event' itself had a very tired and bored feels about it...and the entrance fee just felt like a piss take.

By *ighlandcouple40Couple  over a year ago

Inverness

Thanks for the heads up Lettuceslug hadn't noticed and we were about to book flights and the hotel. Much appreciated

:o) xxxx

By *laphe1Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Dont worry about it pal there are a some right miserable sods on here one of the main reasons I dont use the forums as much,Always a smart arse with venom to spit,,,chin up

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Went for the first time last year. Really not surprised, we were dissapointed with the show. However the social was brilliant! We'd go again just for that.

No where else seems to have such a large gathering of like minded people.... Do they? Lol

You did do it correctly and you were passing on information which is what this is all about. Please accept my apologies for my childish answer, both the OP, and any other forumites. No excuse other than a bad day and that is no excuse at all.

"You did do it correctly and you were passing on information which is what this is all about. Please accept my apologies for my childish answer, both the OP, and any other forumites. No excuse other than a bad day and that is no excuse at all. "

Kudos to you for that! X

Forum Mod

"You did do it correctly and you were passing on information which is what this is all about. Please accept my apologies for my childish answer, both the OP, and any other forumites. No excuse other than a bad day and that is no excuse at all. "

The OP posted factual information that will be useful to others.

Its not like they posted ANOTHER would you fuck... Thread.

There should be more posts with this type of info for other members

West

"You did do it correctly and you were passing on information which is what this is all about. Please accept my apologies for my childish answer, both the OP, and any other forumites. No excuse other than a bad day and that is no excuse at all.

Kudos to you for that! X"

A bottle of eighties aftershave?

Apparently, the reason for the show being cancelled and moved to another venue is costs. The owners of Olympia had raised charges so much over the years and it was decided enough was enough. The licencing rules of Westminster City Council were restrictive too. I agree that the show has gone downhill over the years, 2005 being the best (the one which Lily Kwan of Naked News presented) but I really hope that the spirit of the London show goes to wherever the new venue is. At least at the London show more of the punters did make an effort to dress up for the occasion, unlike, sorry to say, the majority of the punters that went to the short lived Manchester shows that were held at the G Mex.

Thanks from us as well had no idea.

We missed last years so were looking forward to this year. Seems not xxxx

By *oupleup4funCouple  over a year ago

Ashton

If last year was anything to go by, we are glad it has been cancelled... Fingers crossed they will make BIG changes...

The best Erotica we went to was the last one they held in Manchester.

We then went to London.........never again, that killed it for us.

Unless of course they move it back up North, Sheffield is quite central!

XXXX

"The best Erotica we went to was the last one they held in Manchester.

......"

I suppose my view of the Manchester Eroticas was spoilt by me only being able to spend a few hours in the afternoon there before I had to return home on the train.

Think the talk is that the NEC might be a possibility.

West

"Apparently, the reason for the show being cancelled and moved to another venue is costs. The owners of Olympia had raised charges so much over the years and it was decided enough was enough. The licencing rules of Westminster City Council were restrictive too. I agree that the show has gone downhill over the years, 2005 being the best (the one which Lily Kwan of Naked News presented) but I really hope that the spirit of the London show goes to wherever the new venue is. At least at the London show more of the punters did make an effort to dress up for the occasion, unlike, sorry to say, the majority of the punters that went to the short lived Manchester shows that were held at the G Mex."

Yep...but if the pro motors of it have any business and marketing acumen they will have seen it has been dying on its ars compared to what it was and they will concede that changes have to be made because of this..

Driffield

Thanks everyone, we went a couple of years ago and as someone said on here, we much preferred the social bit in the Hand & Flower afterwards, we had a great night.

Thanks also very much for the apologies, we all have bad days occasionally, respect xx

» Add a new message to this topic