FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > One positive thing to come from lockdown for you personally

One positive thing to come from lockdown for you personally

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

For me its the amount of money I've saved by not going on holiday or going into shops ( I get there and decide I'm not queuing)

So what's your positive

Oh I've also had time to tinker with my car

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Cut right back on alcohol consumption, feel a lot healthy and more alert with a much more rewarding bank balance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No longer feeling like Cinderella sitting home alone every weekend

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Definitely the money thing for me. Also more quality time with my son... Less rushing around to sports and training and everything we do normally. I haven't been wearing much make up and my skin looks healthier. Enjoying having more me time for baths, yoga, reading etc.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Saved a packet.

Done all the jobs I needed to do around the house garden and paddocks.

Read a lot of books.

Even though I have worked all through I have Spent some quality time with my dogs and horse as I have had nothing else to do in the evenings and weekends.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

We've saved so much money

Slowly getting on top of the decorating.

Kids are all getting on *(subject to change without notice)

Spending more time together.

We are usually apart monday through to friday.

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

for me the only thing good is no football on television and no Gary Lineker and is mates.

Definitely the supermarket shopping is better. I make a list and stick to it.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I've declutered and have a shed full off stuff I can get rid of at the car boot sale

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Spending time with my kids without any pressure to be anywhere or do anything at certain times. My bread making has also really improved!

K

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

All the ladies not answering my messages aren’t getting more meetings than myself!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Spending quality time with my children, playing games that usually only come out at Christmas. Going out on bike rides with them, saving money and generally rushing around a lot less than normal. I quite like it

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

We had a baby 7 weeks ago. So lockdown has meant we are both at home with the baby which is amazing. The time is flying by.

By *racy_JacksWoman  over a year ago

Derby

It has brought me closer to a friend I met last year. Supporting each other confirms the hunch I had that she will be a key person in my life

Buying cheap skincare products from Aldi rather than Clarins etc and realising my skin feels amazing. This will continue to save me money in the future

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’ve loved having family time, more time to enjoy and appreciate the little things. A more leisurely pace is very welcome as well. It has been lovely actually.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

The roads have been fantastic.

As I'm working at home most days I don't have to get up at 6.30am. Plus I'm saving on fuel that I'm not using to drive the 52 mile round trip to work & back.

"We had a baby 7 weeks ago. So lockdown has meant we are both at home with the baby which is amazing. The time is flying by. "

Congrats!

I’ve managed to start properly running again after my knee surgery which is amazing! And I’m slowly but surely getting back into my pre-injury shape.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm now learning how to trade effectively in crypto currency.

"We had a baby 7 weeks ago. So lockdown has meant we are both at home with the baby which is amazing. The time is flying by. "
aww congratulations x

"I'm now learning how to trade effectively in crypto currency. "

I listened to a podcast on onecoin. I had no clue what a crypto currency was before that.

I've had time to listen to podcasts, read books and same as others. Spending less money has been a positive too.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Congratulations xxx

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

More quality time with hubby resulting in more sex.

"More quality time with hubby resulting in more sex."

DITTO.

Got used to a slower pace of life, realised a lot of the things I used to fill my life with weren’t making me especially happy. Also working from home has been nice so far.

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

I’ve got more money as there’s little to spend it on.

Ok for me, but lockdown is shite for others.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Just being able to spend time together alone has been absolutely great

I work hard in a physically demanding job so being off has allowed all those little

aches and sprains that never get time to heal properly have been disappearing

Ermmmmmm erm ermmmm.

Tbh my life hasn't changed. The negative has been I just got back to driving a month before lockdown and it's now part of my rehab programme but the lockdown has restricted that rather than being able to drive for longer periods as my brain permits.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Realising that K really is the girl for me. M.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Lost a stone in weight

I’m going to buy a new house when prices bottom out

Sun tan

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Still been out working .... but healthy eating and I’ve started intermittent fasting .....

"All the ladies not answering my messages aren’t getting more meetings than myself! "

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I've done a lot of decluttering that I really meant to do for years and somehow I have actually got my head around it finally.

I still have lots more to do but I have made big strides there.

I've still been working but had to cut my hours with my kids being off. Saved money on pointless shopping trips,sorted a lot of my garden out,generally got on top of stuff that needed doing around the house

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

The drive to work for me (chimp) was super quick..

We've been walking every day and explored almost every inch of where we live in a 2 mile radius.

Saved money

Had a fantastic time at home together, making cocktails, playing board games, discovering new music.

People on the whole seemed more open to saying good morning and wanting to engage.

We actually don't want things to go back to "normal"..

Saved money.

It's also helped push me to want to leave fab after all this and focus on finding a real connection.

Before this I was only half heartedly trying to date but didn't really put much work into it. Now I can't wait to try and see how it goes

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

This is going to show me in a poor light.

Because my parents are very elderly they asked me not to go and do the usual stuff I do for them. I didn't realise how much stress this put on me and one positive is that for the past weeks I've been free of that.

I miss them of course and have been and sat in their garden and shouted through the window and done their shopping on line but knowing that when anything else happens they need to ask the carers has given me a bit of a rest.

Once things relax they will let me go back in and I will happily do it but until then I'm enjoying the freedom.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"This is going to show me in a poor light.

Because my parents are very elderly they asked me not to go and do the usual stuff I do for them. I didn't realise how much stress this put on me and one positive is that for the past weeks I've been free of that.

I miss them of course and have been and sat in their garden and shouted through the window and done their shopping on line but knowing that when anything else happens they need to ask the carers has given me a bit of a rest.

Once things relax they will let me go back in and I will happily do it but until then I'm enjoying the freedom.

"

Not showing you in a poor light at all. Everyone needs a break, enjoy it. Xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not showing you in a poor light at all. Everyone needs a break, enjoy it. Xx"

thank you x

"

nooo why would it show you in a bad light. Being a carer is hard work...

By *amagustaMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Lovely weather since beginning of lockdown...

Better air quality, empty streets, cheap fuel,happier animals...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

nooo why would it show you in a bad light. Being a carer is hard work... "

Because it's a relief not to be doing it and I know that when one of them calls to tell me x, y or z has gone wrong I don't need to drive over there and sort it. When my mum was taken to a and e it was a huge relief to know that there was absolutely nothing I could do.

My brain tells me it's ok but it feels wrong.

Because it's a relief not to be doing it and I know that when one of them calls to tell me x, y or z has gone wrong I don't need to drive over there and sort it. When my mum was taken to a and e it was a huge relief to know that there was absolutely nothing I could do.

My brain tells me it's ok but it feels wrong. "

it is okay... but your feelings are natural. I've been a carer for my daughter for 23 years .. I still sometimes feel bad about my breaks but it enables me to carry on coping and to give myself much needed down time. Something I am not getting really currently....hence the holiday plans in July or a bit later.. a few days away or even a night at a club is a good tonic.

You cant help them right now but your still doing what you can

Take the time to recharge

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

I dont have to worry about small children screaming in fear and terror as i pass, women turning their faces away and vomitting, or men , giving out the paddington stare, as if my approach has challenged the very fabric of thier whole existence . Cos im not allowed out the fucking door. So it s a win win win win essentially !

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Loving the clear skies.

Spending time with my mum, getting to actually know her.

Getting lots of jobs started AND finished! Lol.

Materialism seems less important to many people.

I wonder if it will last?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 19/05/20 09:46:55]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My brain tells me it's ok but it feels wrong. it is okay... but your feelings are natural. I've been a carer for my daughter for 23 years .. I still sometimes feel bad about my breaks but it enables me to carry on coping and to give myself much needed down time. Something I am not getting really currently....hence the holiday plans in July or a bit later.. a few days away or even a night at a club is a good tonic.

You cant help them right now but your still doing what you can

Take the time to recharge "

I

Thank you

I hope you get some respite too.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"

I don't think that looks bad on you, you know all their needs are still being met and that you would do whatever they needed if it was necessary for you to do it.

You are fully prepared to go back after all this.

Nothing at all wrong with enjoying less pressure when you know everything is is taking care of, as much as it is in your power.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Saved money.

It's also helped push me to want to leave fab after all this and focus on finding a real connection.

Before this I was only half heartedly trying to date but didn't really put much work into it. Now I can't wait to try and see how it goes "

I’m thinking the same

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Guilt is a horrible thing but you have no reason to believe you might be seen in a bad light in any way, your still there for them and that they asked you to scale back will be reassuring for them and its given you a bit of a respite..

Maybe when in the future you could kero some of the care that you normally do, still see them etc and that time with them is more about you all?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think that looks bad on you, you know all their needs are still being met and that you would do whatever they needed if it was necessary for you to do it.

You are fully prepared to go back after all this.

Nothing at all wrong with enjoying less pressure when you know everything is is taking care of, as much as it is in your power."

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

upped the quality of my food shopping as I have more spendable income..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Guilt is a horrible thing but you have no reason to believe you might be seen in a bad light in any way, your still there for them and that they asked you to scale back will be reassuring for them and its given you a bit of a respite..

Maybe when in the future you could kero some of the care that you normally do, still see them etc and that time with them is more about you all?

"

Your last point is something that I know they are very conscious of. My mum will say that certain things don't need doing because I know she wants me to just be there on a visit.

I'm still remote IT support . Trying to talk a 93 year old with limited tech knowledge through downloading pictures from a camera is an experience

"

No doesn't show you in a bad light at all, all it shows is how much work caring actually is and that everyone needs a break now and again.

Won't stop you feeling you that way though, it's natural to feel that way when you're a caring person by nature.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

No doesn't show you in a bad light at all, all it shows is how much work caring actually is and that everyone needs a break now and again.

Won't stop you feeling you that way though, it's natural to feel that way when you're a caring person by nature."

I think you're right. I'm not sure I am a caring person by nature though. I don't think I'd do it for anyone who wasn't family.

It's good to read about the silver linings

in Lancashire

Your last point is something that I know they are very conscious of. My mum will say that certain things don't need doing because I know she wants me to just be there on a visit.

I'm still remote IT support . Trying to talk a 93 year old with limited tech knowledge through downloading pictures from a camera is an experience "

We, although that's a porkie pie as Lynn does the IT have had the same with her parents..

Talking her mum through the online testing application was never going to work so it was done this end, the use of the test kit was only slightly less of a turmoil..

It's a difficult one as we know from when Dad was here prior to the virus he would tell his carers that certain things did not need doing as he didn't want to 'bother them', we had to tell them to not ask but to just do it..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm still remote IT support . Trying to talk a 93 year old with limited tech knowledge through downloading pictures from a camera is an experience

We, although that's a porkie pie as Lynn does the IT have had the same with her parents..

Talking her mum through the online testing application was never going to work so it was done this end, the use of the test kit was only slightly less of a turmoil..

It's a difficult one as we know from when Dad was here prior to the virus he would tell his carers that certain things did not need doing as he didn't want to 'bother them', we had to tell them to not ask but to just do it.. "

Oh god I can empathise with that one. The times I've told my parents that the carers job is to do things for them but they simply will not ask. The same applies to the cleaner. My mum now says "my daughter noticed that the skirting boards need doing" rather than asking outright.

in Lancashire

It's a difficult one as we know from when Dad was here prior to the virus he would tell his carers that certain things did not need doing as he didn't want to 'bother them', we had to tell them to not ask but to just do it..

Oh god I can empathise with that one. The times I've told my parents that the carers job is to do things for them but they simply will not ask. The same applies to the cleaner. My mum now says "my daughter noticed that the skirting boards need doing" rather than asking outright. "

It must be common for their generation to not want to put upon others which is a good trait but getting Dad to understand he was paying for the service so him thanking them for popping in and sending them off with a satsuma wasn't how it should work..

For me it’s finding a positive relationship with both myself and a Fab meet.

We met on Valentine’s Day night, spent a lot of time together in the following weeks and when lockdown came I basically said he should move in, selfish on my part as I didn’t want to not see him for how ever many months, but it’s worked out really well!

We’re now in a proper relationship, a piece of my life puzzle is complete and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

My little single parent family has lovingly grown and I look forward to our future xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Oh god I can empathise with that one. The times I've told my parents that the carers job is to do things for them but they simply will not ask. The same applies to the cleaner. My mum now says "my daughter noticed that the skirting boards need doing" rather than asking outright.

It must be common for their generation to not want to put upon others which is a good trait but getting Dad to understand he was paying for the service so him thanking them for popping in and sending them off with a satsuma wasn't how it should work..

"

that's cheered me up no end just knowing its not only my mum and dad.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Sleeping more? Not sure if that's a positive though as it's mainly at the times i should be awake. And I'm awake when i should be asleep.

"I dont have to worry about small children screaming in fear and terror as i pass, women turning their faces away and vomitting, or men , giving out the paddington stare, as if my approach has challenged the very fabric of thier whole existence . Cos im not allowed out the fucking door. So it s a win win win win essentially ! "

"I dont have to worry about small children screaming in fear and terror as i pass, women turning their faces away and vomitting, or men , giving out the paddington stare, as if my approach has challenged the very fabric of thier whole existence . Cos im not allowed out the fucking door. So it s a win win win win essentially !

"

Don't know how to do hearts and rainbows lol but, stay safe

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I've got to know my knitting skills.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I don't have to go into the office.

I can do my job just as effectively from my front room, but without all the bullshit that comes with physically being in a space with colleagues.

By *hewifeandiCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Managed to sort the garden out layed decking built a pond decorating 3 rooms and made a few tables lol

"I dont have to worry about small children screaming in fear and terror as i pass, women turning their faces away and vomitting, or men , giving out the paddington stare, as if my approach has challenged the very fabric of thier whole existence . Cos im not allowed out the fucking door. So it s a win win win win essentially !

Don't know how to do hearts and rainbows lol but, stay safe "

Do Reply + quote and you can see how it works.

( love ) ( rainbow ) but without the spaces.

By *axwellCouple  over a year ago

south lakes

Found things cheaper on the net than in shops we have never looked before..

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

I've not had a drink since the last time I went out so I won't be once things go back to normal and speaking to a lot of my friends more

By *assy211279Woman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere Cornwall

Getting all the extra jobs done. Fencing, building and repairing. Still not sure where the extra time has come from.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

My husband is at home...he'd usually be in Germany Monday to Friday with work. So enjoying having him around

Absolutely nothing as I have to work.

I’m in hospital getting my blood sugars sorted out.

T

I haven't planted shrubs or bulbs for years. I'm enjoying watching them grow. Small things really

By *S_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Near Leeds

We moved to a new house in November so this has given me a chance to decorate most rooms, sort out the garden, organise the garage and just generally make it feel like a proper ‘home’.

Now I need to organise a whisky evening for some friends

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Two things. I’ve banked a load of money that I simply can’t spend during lockdown. I’m as fit as a butchers dog. Lol.

"Absolutely nothing as I have to work. "

I’m exactly the same.

Haven’t managed to save any money, just don’t get paid enough to be able to, lockdown or no lockdown.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Saving on diesel as the only place I am driving is to and from work and the local supermarket.

erm, struggling to think of any

I’ve actually lost weight. Not eating takeaways has helped

Pretty much fucked for the every night for the length of lockdown except when I bruised a bollock!!!.....

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

i can now fist my self.

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Well, Cali, I've:

1) Given a bit more to charity;

2) Discovered how much stuff I really need - it's not that much;

3) Done more cycling than I ever thought possible - 600 km this month so far!

Congratulations to you both xx

Bristol

Not had to go into the shops for weeks it's great. I get to sit in the car park ppl watching

"We moved to a new house in November so this has given me a chance to decorate most rooms, sort out the garden, organise the garage and just generally make it feel like a proper ‘home’.

Now I need to organise a whisky evening for some friends "

Ditto for me. I have done SO much painting and decorating. And only just finished this morning!

Bristol

"We moved to a new house in November so this has given me a chance to decorate most rooms, sort out the garden, organise the garage and just generally make it feel like a proper ‘home’.

Now I need to organise a whisky evening for some friends

Ditto for me. I have done SO much painting and decorating. And only just finished this morning!

"

We also moved November seems we all have the same idea

"For me it’s finding a positive relationship with both myself and a Fab meet.

We met on Valentine’s Day night, spent a lot of time together in the following weeks and when lockdown came I basically said he should move in, selfish on my part as I didn’t want to not see him for how ever many months, but it’s worked out really well!

We’re now in a proper relationship, a piece of my life puzzle is complete and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

My little single parent family has lovingly grown and I look forward to our future xx

"

Awwww this is excellent

Maybe everyone will finally see how useless the Tories are and I will never have to live under their careless, loveless, greedy, self centred rule again.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had more mental space to work on creative projects I've wanted to do for years.

Being able to focus and get back into the zone, eating 'clean' (low carbs) and training hard. I run three times a week and do intense workouts every day. Loving it

I've saved a fortune in not being able to visit my regular hair and beauty salons too!

Also, the garden looks beautiful but I can't take credit for that

It's given me time to think, and not make the same mistakes I keep making because now I can't go out! Rekindled old friendships and made some new ones

Saved money. Done loads in garden and on allotment. Lost weight...dunno how much as never weighed myself in last 30 years or so....but lady friend from Malvern says I clearly have....we met outside socially distanced before anyone asks.

» Add a new message to this topic