FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How to cheer up a friend during social distancing

How to cheer up a friend during social distancing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A male friend of mine (J here) has had family members pass away and has been unable to attend funerals and is really down during this period of lockdown.

Usually I’d take him for a pint or have him round for dinner to cheer him up; what ways or ideas have people been using to cheer friends up during the Covid 19 outbreak?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

You could meet him and take a walk? Social distancing observed of course. Talk about what you'll do once places are open again and where you'll go etc.

Is there anything that would cheer him up/keep him occupied? Something thoughtful?

My dad hasn't left his house since the start and wanted to do stuff on his garden but couldn't get anything. I don't live nearby but managed to find some bits that could be delivered to help him out.

Different things work for different people; for me a phone call works. Maybe ask him if there's anything you can help with?

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"A male friend of mine (J here) has had family members pass away and has been unable to attend funerals and is really down during this period of lockdown.

Usually I’d take him for a pint or have him round for dinner to cheer him up; what ways or ideas have people been using to cheer friends up during the Covid 19 outbreak?"

Instead of having him round for dinner, why not meet him somewhere with a picnic?

Of get a few of you on FaceTime/ zoom & have a few beers & a chat

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some good ideas here, think I’ll throw him a social distance picnic maybe !

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Go to his house and talk to him face to face standing outside his gate via the phone (for audio). We don't want to shout at each other for obvious reasons. Face to face talk helps.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do a drop and run with A lockdown box.

Put his favourite album, beers, snacks, and some men pamper things in it.

By *aygnt2021Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Go for a. Nice walk somewhere take some picnic and a few bevs

» Add a new message to this topic