FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Eat out to help out

Eat out to help out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *londenewcouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stafford

I’m sure this is something this community can help with.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’m sure this is something this community can help with. "

I'm waiting for the pub version, then its off to spoons for 12 pints for a tenner.

Stafford

Because. We like erm, eating out.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Because. We like erm, eating out. "

And there was me biting my tongue and resisting the urge to say it...

The govt has a website where if you put in your postcode provides a list of participating places within a 5 mile radius. I was very surprised by the number and range of quality smaller places participating not just Nandos and McDonalds. Changed my mind about participating. Google it.

By *rikey25Man  over a year ago

mids

Happy to do some ‘eating out‘ if it helps!

When and where?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I’m sure this is something this community can help with.

When and where? "

Yep just what the most obese nation on the planet needs. More cheap food to eat.

When and where?

Yep just what the most obese nation on the planet needs. More cheap food to eat. "

Just had to google most obese country we are not even in the top 10

Tin town

When and where?

Yep just what the most obese nation on the planet needs. More cheap food to eat.

Just had to google most obese country we are not even in the top 10 "

OK I shot from the lip there... However the point remains.... We are worryingly obese and encouraging people to eat more... Would have rather seen the investment in gyms, health, exercise and mental well being.

I am willing to help out anyone in need of help!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Top tip: if you have the meerkat meal ap you can use that at participating restaurants as well as the eat out to help out scheme.

Stafford

It was an oral sex joke.

Because we like eating out/being eaten out.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It was an oral sex joke.

Because we like eating out/being eaten out. "

Highly amusing that the joke fell flat on Fab, sorry folks

By *uwwwMan  over a year ago

south birmingham

it was pretty funny, of all places lol!!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Top tip: if you have the meerkat meal ap you can use that at participating restaurants as well as the eat out to help out scheme."
ohhhhhh that's good to know x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I enjoyed a surprise half price bacon sandwich and latte yesterday from this measure. Social meetings could be supported by this, during August Cake, other treats, without meat are available, of course

We are taking advantage of this for lunch today

Highly amusing that the joke fell flat on Fab, sorry folks "

I got it... Not sure what that says about me

Went to MacDonalds for breakfast this morning, came to pay and it was full price. Only then did I remember it doesn't apply to the drive thru

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I'm eating out tonight and I think the discount is a decent idea from the government to help an industry that's catastrophically affected by the lockdown. Sad that some in the North won't benefit as much due to a return to lockdown.

Restaurants locally are reporting an increase in business for Mon-Wed. It's not all good news though, as they may then need extra staff to cope. Meanwhile, there's a drop in bookings on other days so overall turnover could stay the same.

If the government really wants to see an impact, they should have the discount for all days of the week. It also seems hypocritical to apply it to food but not alcohol when both are bad in excess.

By *hubbycheckerMan  over a year ago

Porstmouth

I'm waiting for the pub version, then its off to spoons for 12 pints for a tenner.

You profile pic is epic mate!!

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

We will eat you out

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

You are someone we could really get behind

This has absolutely destroyed takeout shops.

For both the last two days I've taken less than I would have in an hour of "normal" (before covid19) trading!

This is also not just limited to the local small (mom & dad) business, every business contact I have around the country has seen basically the same thing. There is no possible way we can break even with the remaining 4 days of trade in the week.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I've just had a, 3 course meal out today. Pate to start, sea bass for mains,, apple pie, and ice, cream for desert plus, a all for a tenner. Go and, support your local businesses,

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

"This has absolutely destroyed takeout shops.

For both the last two days I've taken less than I would have in an hour of "normal" (before covid19) trading!

This is also not just limited to the local small (mom & dad) business, every business contact I have around the country has seen basically the same thing. There is no possible way we can break even with the remaining 4 days of trade in the week."

But surely you have been busy during the lockdown when these pubs and restaurants and local cafes had to close and this only on til 31st August this is a much needed boost for them while takeaway places been still earning all the way through bit of give and take needed maybe????

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Oooh let’s ram everyone inside macdonalds or kfc just cos it’s half price

What’s the bloody sense in that

"Oooh let’s ram everyone inside macdonalds or kfc just cos it’s half price

What’s the bloody sense in that"

Pointless anyway as the KFC near me was rammed Mon, Tues and today so could only offer take out anyway.

Once the designated seats are taken you have to order to take out or leave the shop

I left but a guy in there had told me he had waited outside 40 mins to get a table , but because there was no structure or any plan in place , he just wasn't able to secure one.

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm waiting for the pub version, then its off to spoons for 12 pints for a tenner."

This

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

I won't be taking part as I'm trying to avoid places taking details for the track & trace or whatever is called. The more places taking my details the higher percentage that one day I'll get an isolation call. Didn't go out for meals a lot before lockdown, and haven't been anywhere since other than a trip to the supermarket every 2-3 weeks.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

What’s the bloody sense in that"

Sense went out the window a while ago!

Whilst Rishi is encouraging people to stuff their faces with junk food, Boris is on a crusade against obesity

By *reeMan  over a year ago

Paisley

This is also not just limited to the local small (mom & dad) business, every business contact I have around the country has seen basically the same thing. There is no possible way we can break even with the remaining 4 days of trade in the week.

But surely you have been busy during the lockdown when these pubs and restaurants and local cafes had to close and this only on til 31st August this is a much needed boost for them while takeaway places been still earning all the way through bit of give and take needed maybe???? "

I wont be going out to restaurants. It's unsafe Apparently. We've all got to wear masks apart from in bars and restaurants as there is a deadly disease doing the rounds which you can only catch when shopping.

"I won't be taking part as I'm trying to avoid places taking details for the track & trace or whatever is called. The more places taking my details the higher percentage that one day I'll get an isolation call. Didn't go out for meals a lot before lockdown, and haven't been anywhere since other than a trip to the supermarket every 2-3 weeks."

Never been asked and I've been out ( pubs, restaurants, bingo halls, local trampoline park) most days since places opened.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 05/08/20 21:53:03]

North West

Highly amusing that the joke fell flat on Fab, sorry folks

I got it... Not sure what that says about me "

That you are on the right pervy forum

"I won't be taking part as I'm trying to avoid places taking details for the track & trace or whatever is called. The more places taking my details the higher percentage that one day I'll get an isolation call. Didn't go out for meals a lot before lockdown, and haven't been anywhere since other than a trip to the supermarket every 2-3 weeks."

I walked down to my local earlier tonight and I was asked for my phone number. Thought I pulled

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Always happy to eat out! Just need a willing recipient!

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

When and where?

Yep just what the most obese nation on the planet needs. More cheap food to eat. "

4 of us had a table booked in a sizzler in Bath for 7 o'clock. We walked in and was shown to our table. On the table next to us was 2 couples in the process of eating their meals. All four of them, I would say at a glance. Could not get inside a caravan sideways.

As we finished our meals, and were ready to pay the bill and leave. ! The waitress brought them out another plate of food each.

Great scheme, taken advantage of it. Thanks to the taxpayers for paying for 50% of my bill.

But surely you have been busy during the lockdown when these pubs and restaurants and local cafes had to close and this only on til 31st August this is a much needed boost for them while takeaway places been still earning all the way through bit of give and take needed maybe???? "

The small (low single digits) percentage increase some (not all of us) saw for a few weeks after all the panic buying maybe covered the cost of installing all the stickers and protection shields and other measures we've needed to ensure social distancing. We have had little to no access to funding and furlough assistance because we have not shut, we have been providing essential employment and services with very little if any direct support other than low interest "bounce back" loans. The fact is, places like McDonalds were already trading as soon as restrictions lifted are now being thrown upto £10/head effectively an unlimited number of times.

The reality is quite simple. I have lost more than 90% of my usual turnover for the last 3 days. Just for basic reference, that means my total turnover -not profit- is under half of my staff costs alone. Yet people are queueing at McDonalds for over an hour in the drive-thru.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

You can't use "eat out to help out" in the drive-through

Tin town

When and where?

Yep just what the most obese nation on the planet needs. More cheap food to eat. 4 of us had a table booked in a sizzler in Bath for 7 o'clock. We walked in and was shown to our table. On the table next to us was 2 couples in the process of eating their meals. All four of them, I would say at a glance. Could not get inside a caravan sideways.

As we finished our meals, and were ready to pay the bill and leave. ! The waitress brought them out another plate of food each. "

A good use of our taxes then

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

MRS4 hates it ..but eating out is good and she does quite like being eaten out !!

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

done... first restaurant i been since March... it was lovely to be out again.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

What’s the bloody sense in that

Sense went out the window a while ago!

Whilst Rishi is encouraging people to stuff their faces with junk food, Boris is on a crusade against obesity "

The idea of Boris Johnson telling people to lose weight is the sickest joke ever. He looks like two sacks of lard sweating into a blue suit.

But surely you have been busy during the lockdown when these pubs and restaurants and local cafes had to close and this only on til 31st August this is a much needed boost for them while takeaway places been still earning all the way through bit of give and take needed maybe????

The small (low single digits) percentage increase some (not all of us) saw for a few weeks after all the panic buying maybe covered the cost of installing all the stickers and protection shields and other measures we've needed to ensure social distancing. We have had little to no access to funding and furlough assistance because we have not shut, we have been providing essential employment and services with very little if any direct support other than low interest "bounce back" loans. The fact is, places like McDonalds were already trading as soon as restrictions lifted are now being thrown upto £10/head effectively an unlimited number of times.

The reality is quite simple. I have lost more than 90% of my usual turnover for the last 3 days. Just for basic reference, that means my total turnover -not profit- is under half of my staff costs alone. Yet people are queueing at McDonalds for over an hour in the drive-thru."

If you didn’t have to shut and actually saw growth during the initial lockdown then why on earth are you bleating that you haven’t received any support ?!!?

You are moaning that u didn’t have any furlough support. Furlough was available to you as a business but you chose not to furlough anyone as you never closed. So why would you need ‘furlough support’ ?

I’m sure there’s plenty of business owners on here that would much rather have been able to stay open and continue trading rather than having to close and furlough their staff. You do realize the furlough only goes to cover the cost of keeping staff in employment, it wasn’t some sort of bonus that we business owners received.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The McDonalds Drive-Thu can't offer the discount

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"The McDonalds Drive-Thu can't offer the discount"
kfc will only so the discount if you eat in. I told them I was dining in but took home.

By *oey69essexdoggerMan  over a year ago

Clacton-on-Sea

"The McDonalds Drive-Thu can't offer the discount kfc will only so the discount if you eat in. I told them I was dining in but took home. "

You rebel you

By *rikey25Man  over a year ago

mids

My offer of ‘Eating out to help out’ now extends beyond August and is readily available every day of the week. There are no limits to the number of times that you can take me up on the offer each day. I do consider myself quite adventurous... however this offer is only valid for women.

No voucher is required, and delivery is available!

Simply reply DM with a time and a place.

No charge at all for the first 50 ladies to take up this offer

By *angolinMan  over a year ago

London

I’d be honoured to eat and help out any pussy in the London area that needs eating

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

Fnar fnar

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

"The govt has a website where if you put in your postcode provides a list of participating places within a 5 mile radius. I was very surprised by the number and range of quality smaller places participating not just Nandos and McDonalds. Changed my mind about participating. Google it."

There looking for your post code

I’ve had about five meals now. Great idea! Wonder who’s paying the bill?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I’ve had about five meals now. Great idea! Wonder who’s paying the bill?"

The taxpayer. Eventually.

Last night was my third time "helping out". Can I blame Rishi Sunak if I put on weight?

North West

"Last night was my third time "helping out". Can I blame Rishi Sunak if I put on weight?"

But Boris says you must lose weight

Lol just seen this. Love all the serious replies. It’s almost as funny as the trailer one.

» Add a new message to this topic