FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Do you wear a face mask?

Do you wear a face mask?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Some questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

1 - Do you wear a face mask when required (on public transport, in shops, when not seated in a pub or restaurant)?

2 - if no, what is your justification for not wearing one?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes and even when walking about outside sometimes, if the area I’m in has a lot of people about.

By *esley_CTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I wear one - but not happy... Not because I don't like wearing one - it doesn't bother me.. but I'm worried that it makes people less attentive to social distancing - and the evidence that face masks significantly reduce transmission is thin to say the least...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. If I'm outside my apartment complex my mask is on, unless I'm changing masks to go into the gym or eating/ drinking (minimum five metres away from others).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Some questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

1 - Do you wear a face mask when required (on public transport, in shops, when not seated in a pub or restaurant)?

2 - if no, what is your justification for not wearing one? "

Yes, I wear a mask where I am required. Unless you are exempt because of health reasons I can’t think of any justification for not doing so

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes I wear one

"I wear one - but not happy... Not because I don't like wearing one - it doesn't bother me.. but I'm worried that it makes people less attentive to social distancing - and the evidence that face masks significantly reduce transmission is thin to say the least..."

I understand your concerns that masks do breed complacency but surely common sense dictates that wearing a mask adds another layer of protection that social distancing alone cannot offer, particularly when there seems to be a minority who have little respect for mask wearing/social distancing?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes I wear one. Having something on my face does make me feel very close to a trigger point as I don’t like too much stimuli especially if other things are going on around me. I have come close to ripping it off a few times and not wearing one for a bit but so far resisted the urge.

"I wear one - but not happy... Not because I don't like wearing one - it doesn't bother me.. but I'm worried that it makes people less attentive to social distancing - and the evidence that face masks significantly reduce transmission is thin to say the least...

I understand your concerns that masks do breed complacency but surely common sense dictates that wearing a mask adds another layer of protection that social distancing alone cannot offer, particularly when there seems to be a minority who have little respect for mask wearing/social distancing?

"

I wear one because I'm compelled by law to do it.

The evidence to suggest it does anything to slow spread is almost undetectable but if anybody has some cast iron science papers that are peer reviewed telling the opposite I'll change my stance.

"Some questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

Yes, I wear a mask where I am required. Unless you are exempt because of health reasons I can’t think of any justification for not doing so "

In Germany, it's a requirement for everyone to wear a mask/face visor/mouth guard. There doesn't seem to be much of an issue with people complying and I'm sure that if you cannot wear a mask, a visor will not impede your ability to breathe.

Does having the rule that you need to wear a mask except if exempt allow for those who wish not to comply an excuse not to?

By *itsAndTangentsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Cool, new witch hunt of the day, waiting for the first person to say no so every forumite from 300 miles away can jump on them. Popcorn is ready.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I wear one as its getting cold outside now.

I'm still not sure of the reason for wearing a mask. Since it's become law, the infection rates have gone up. So they can't be very effective?

yes i do

1. Yes

2. n/a

I don't need to justify myself to anyone and neither do you.

What's all this justification bull?

Yes I wear one, although I don’t know whether I’m convinced on it actually minimising risk.

I wear one mostly to not cause any issues, or have someone shouting at me to put my mask on when I’m shopping.

Yes, find I am wearing it outside more now too.

Plymouth

"

*Starts eating popcorn*

Yes, I wear a mask where I am required. Unless you are exempt because of health reasons I can’t think of any justification for not doing so

In Germany, it's a requirement for everyone to wear a mask/face visor/mouth guard. There doesn't seem to be much of an issue with people complying and I'm sure that if you cannot wear a mask, a visor will not impede your ability to breathe.

Does having the rule that you need to wear a mask except if exempt allow for those who wish not to comply an excuse not to?"

Yeah the germans have history of liking state control and rules ain't laws.

"Cool, new witch hunt of the day, waiting for the first person to say no so every forumite from 300 miles away can jump on them. Popcorn is ready. "

Why would they say no though??

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Yes I always wear a mask without fail.

*Starts eating popcorn*"

Oh go on explain your pithy little remark.

"

Why don’t you wear a mask Toffee?

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Why the people wearing mask outside?? Wtf, take that mask from your face when u don't need it and breathe the fresh air!

Plymouth

"Cool, new witch hunt of the day, waiting for the first person to say no so every forumite from 300 miles away can jump on them. Popcorn is ready.

Why would they say no though?? "

Which is ultimately what makes this kind of thread a little... Pointless? It's either 175 posts of people saying yes or it's a bunch of people slamming someome saying no.

Why don’t you wear a mask Toffee? "

I choose not to.

"Cool, new witch hunt of the day, waiting for the first person to say no so every forumite from 300 miles away can jump on them. Popcorn is ready.

Which is ultimately what makes this kind of thread a little... Pointless? It's either 175 posts of people saying yes or it's a bunch of people slamming someome saying no. "

Maybe, I can’t see why you have decided to engage with a thread that you think is pointless, seems pointless

I choose not to."

Do you have medical reasons for not wearing one?

"Why the people wearing mask outside?? Wtf, take that mask from your face when u don't need it and breathe the fresh air! "

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

"Cool, new witch hunt of the day, waiting for the first person to say no so every forumite from 300 miles away can jump on them. Popcorn is ready. "

Plymouth

Which is ultimately what makes this kind of thread a little... Pointless? It's either 175 posts of people saying yes or it's a bunch of people slamming someome saying no.

Maybe, I can’t see why you have decided to engage with a thread that you think is pointless, seems pointless "

I'm sick of watching re-runs of attenborough documentaries on pack animals descending on prey, this is the next best thing *shrug*

Not a witch hunt, sheer curiosity..

Ever one is entitled to an opinion but no one is willing to discuss the fors and against like reasonable adults... It always descends into a bun fight...

If those that do not wear a mask when they should are willing to put their personal point across, it may allow others to understand why...

I choose not to.

Do you have medical reasons for not wearing one? "

Nope.

"Why the people wearing mask outside?? Wtf, take that mask from your face when u don't need it and breathe the fresh air!

"

This is their personal preference to do so; it's not causing harm to others so why should they be shunned for doing so?

Maybe, I can’t see why you have decided to engage with a thread that you think is pointless, seems pointless

I'm sick of watching re-runs of attenborough documentaries on pack animals descending on prey, this is the next best thing *shrug*"

Fair enough, it will certainly be entertaining

I choose not to.

Do you have medical reasons for not wearing one? "

And if I did it's no ones business but mine and my doctor's.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Ah, so your ‘special ‘ then? Or maybe you are just a rebel without a cause? "

Toffee, i am not judging, sheer curiosity, but what is your reasoning for not wearing a mask?

Manchester (she/her)

"Why the people wearing mask outside?? Wtf, take that mask from your face when u don't need it and breathe the fresh air! "

Because the rates in my area are catastrophic and people won't back off.

I choose not to.

And if I did it's no ones business but mine and my doctor's. "

Of course Toffee, but you previously stated that you didn’t so this statement is irrelevant.

I choose not to.

Nope.

No I demand freedom and haven't sold it off ,like you, in exchange for a supposed safety the government claims it can give your but it can't. Do you really think a cheap bit of cloth or paper you bought from a shop will stop viral particles?

Please. Stop it.

I choose not to.

Of course Toffee, but you previously stated that you didn’t so this statement is irrelevant. "

Ate you trying to tell me what to do?

Ever one is entitled to an opinion but no one is willing to discuss the fors and against like reasonable adults... It always descends into a bun fight...

If those that do not wear a mask when they should are willing to put their personal point across, it may allow others to understand why...

"

The trouble is people only believe the evidence that backs their point of view.

The trouble is people only believe the evidence that backs their point of view."

And it's that point of view that needs to be understood..

Perhaps it is valid

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure this will be seen as persecution or virtue signalling. I don't give a toss. All comments are general.

Every person who doesn't do their bit increases our risk. Increases the illness rate. Increases the death rate. Prolongs the amount of time we have to deal with this shit.

This isn't about personal choice. This is about communal responsibility.

If we suck it up we can put this behind us.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Ah, so your ‘special ‘ then? Or maybe you are just a rebel without a cause?

No I demand freedom and haven't sold it off ,like you, in exchange for a supposed safety the government claims it can give your but it can't. Do you really think a cheap bit of cloth or paper you bought from a shop will stop viral particles?

Please. Stop it."

Freedom? Does the mask make you feel ‘enslaved ‘ ? What makes you so special? What do you know that everyone else wearing a mask doesn’t?

Manchester (she/her)

Freedom comes with responsibilities. Always has done.

I choose not to.

Of course Toffee, but you previously stated that you didn’t so this statement is irrelevant.

Ate you trying to tell me what to do?"

Yeah, is everything ok ? You seem a bit angry?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

As soon as I get out of my car in town,my mask is on

I wear a mask when I can’t socially distance. I don’t get upset if I see someone not wearing one, which is very rare.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

Freedom? Does the mask make you feel ‘enslaved ‘ ? What makes you so special? What do you know that everyone else wearing a mask doesn’t? "

Yes it does. The question why doesn't it make you feel that way?

I'm special because I'm an individual not part of any fikin collective .

I know a lot from my personal scientific background but even if I knew diddle it's my choice.

I think what really pisses people like you is that you can't stand someone not doing the same as you. Does it annoy you that people exercise free will?

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

Freedom? Does the mask make you feel ‘enslaved ‘ ? What makes you so special? What do you know that everyone else wearing a mask doesn’t? "

What about other freedoms that we give up, like driving on the right hand side of the road. As an example.

Does anyone drive on the wrong side of the road, because they feel like it. And it's no one's business but their own?

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I choose not to.

Nope.

I wear one and so should you, and everybody else.

Dublin

"Why the people wearing mask outside?? Wtf, take that mask from your face when u don't need it and breathe the fresh air!

Because the rates in my area are catastrophic and people won't back off."

I can suggest you to wear when you sleep also, just to be sure

chelmsford

Today whilst shopping, many more people were wearing masks in the street

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

Freedom? Does the mask make you feel ‘enslaved ‘ ? What makes you so special? What do you know that everyone else wearing a mask doesn’t?

I know a lot from my personal scientific background but even if I knew diddle it's my choice.

I think what really pisses people like you is that you can't stand someone not doing the same as you. Does it annoy you that people exercise free will?"

Not at all, but this isn’t about you Toffee, this is about our collective responsibility to a serious pandemic. Stop being selfish and wear a mask, otherwise Boris will be giving you a hefty fine, you know it makes sense, do as your told

By *omin8rMan  over a year ago

In A Playspace

I wear a mask at all times lol except in a bubble. Stick the rules mainly. Extreme Exceptions younger case, can track and trace.

Can make excuses but any excuse is no excuse as it is wrong regardless of the excuse.

Maybe I think if I am clear everyone else is OK, lessons learned.

Manchester (she/her)

"

What about other freedoms that we give up, like driving on the right hand side of the road. As an example.

Does anyone drive on the wrong side of the road, because they feel like it. And it's no one's business but their own?"

Quite.

This shouting about freedom is nonsense.

If you want pure freedom go live somewhere without a government. I don't think you'll like it.

I choose not to.

Nope.

I wear one and so should you, and everybody else. "

Why?

Plymouth

*Best attenborough voice* The majestic maskless tiger is stalking its prey but doesn't notice the ravenous pack of hyena's on his tail, waiting for their moment to strike, will he notice before its too late?

Find out on the next episode of Pandemic in paradise...

Manchester (she/her)

I can suggest you to wear when you sleep also, just to be sure "

You can suggest. I can disregard as puerile.

One person willing to state a personal reason..

"Do you really think a cheap bit of cloth or paper you bought from a shop will stop viral particles?"

This is a valid point.. a paper or cloth mask won't stop a viral spore 20microns in diameter.

Flip side to this, have you asked yourself why medical professionals have worn face masks for many many years now?

If they didn't offer some form of protection, surely they would have been done away with to save money..

Manchester (she/her)

"*Best attenborough voice* The majestic maskless tiger is stalking its prey but doesn't notice the ravenous pack of hyena's on his tail, waiting for their moment to strike, will he notice before its too late?

Find out on the next episode of Pandemic in paradise... "

I'm glad you find this amusing.

"*Best attenborough voice* The majestic maskless tiger is stalking its prey but doesn't notice the ravenous pack of hyena's on his tail, waiting for their moment to strike, will he notice before its too late?

Find out on the next episode of Pandemic in paradise... "

Tbh I think Toffee is just trolling and on the wind up, we all know that he really wears a mask, he is just looking for an argument or some much needed attention.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

I think what really pisses people like you is that you can't stand someone not doing the same as you. Does it annoy you that people exercise free will?

Not at all, but this isn’t about you Toffee, this is about our collective responsibility to a serious pandemic. Stop being selfish and wear a mask, otherwise Boris will be giving you a hefty fine, you know it makes sense, do as your told "

1. Don't tell me what to do.

2. This isn't a serious pandemic but you believe it if you wish

3. The only selfish people are the ones who want to force others because they had anyone being different.

4. Do as you are told. Ffs can you hear yourself. Whi the fuk ars you or Johnson or sturgeon to order people around? This isn't a police state. Don't tell me what to do .

Plymouth

I'm glad you find this amusing."

A shock twist -

Our cameraman has been spotted by the pack...

Ever so amusing

"One person willing to state a personal reason..

"Do you really think a cheap bit of cloth or paper you bought from a shop will stop viral particles?"

This is a valid point.. a paper or cloth mask won't stop a viral spore 20microns in diameter.

Flip side to this, have you asked yourself why medical professionals have worn face masks for many many years now?

If they didn't offer some form of protection, surely they would have been done away with to save money..

"

Virus is mostly transmitted via small particles of spit which come out on the breath. The masks remove much of this when breathing out.

The virus doesn't fly out of your orifices on its own.

Guys..

Please do not argue over the rights or wrongs..

Nothing will be gained to better understand individuals personal reasons for or against.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

Not at all, but this isn’t about you Toffee, this is about our collective responsibility to a serious pandemic. Stop being selfish and wear a mask, otherwise Boris will be giving you a hefty fine, you know it makes sense, do as your told

3. The only selfish people are the ones who want to force others because they had anyone being different.

4. Do as you are told. Ffs can you hear yourself. Whi the fuk ars you or Johnson or sturgeon to order people around? This isn't a police state. Don't tell me what to do ."

No further questions your honour.

I'm glad you find this amusing.

A shock twist -

Our cameraman has been spotted by the pack...

Ever so amusing "

I wear a mask where I have to.

On public transport and in shops.

I don’t like it but I do it because I’m not a selfish cunt.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

4. Do as you are told. Ffs can you hear yourself. Whi the fuk ars you or Johnson or sturgeon to order people around? This isn't a police state. Don't tell me what to do .

Do as your told Toffee or you won’t get any sweeties later. Stop acting like a little child, wearing a mask is nothing to be frightened off "

Revolution.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I choose not to.

Nope.

Why?"

Now you're just being silly. You know why

I choose not to.

Nope.

Why?

Now you're just being silly. You know why"

Don’t feed the troll,

Virus is mostly transmitted via small particles of spit which come out on the breath. The masks remove much of this when breathing out.

The virus doesn't fly out of your orifices on its own."

You are correct and in addition, your breath being moist gets absorbed into the material turning it into the viral equivalent of fly paper.

Human saliva is also quite toxic to germs and virus, again making the mask a hostile environment for the nasties..

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

wear oe in shops and at work not been in pub since march and since i converted my bike to electric have had no reason to use public transport

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

Yes I do

What made me laugh the other day was a mate who was telling me about the lad he works with, they are builders and do a lot of demolition work, the lad was moaning about a mask saying he has asthma and doesn’t have to wear one, And he can’t wear one.....yet as soon as he goes into a site where they are striping out plaster and cement dust he Happily puts on a full respirator for an 8 hour shift

I have no issue if somebody has a genuine reason but there appears to be a lot of “I have an exemption “ going on right now, maybe if they wore a mask this thing might be over sooner

Over six months of random strangers on the fab virus forum arguing with each other and we still have a pandemic with no sight of an exit strategy.

The virus doesn't fly out of your orifices on its own."

If they are so marvellous at trapping particles in my breath how come my glasses steam up. If my glasses weren't there my breath would have escaped. Perhaps we should all be made to wear googles as well ? Maybe a snorkel ?

"I wear a mask where I have to.

On public transport and in shops.

I don’t like it but I do it because I’m not a selfish cunt."

Perhaps that's the slogan the NHS should be using..

Plymouth

"Over six months of random strangers on the fab virus forum arguing with each other and we still have a pandemic with no sight of an exit strategy.

"

If only we all collaborated and used our collective horny minds for good, think what could be achieved

Manchester (she/her)

The virus doesn't fly out of your orifices on its own.

If they are so marvellous at trapping particles in my breath how come my glasses steam up. If my glasses weren't there my breath would have escaped. Perhaps we should all be made to wear googles as well ? Maybe a snorkel ?"

All measures help, and much better together.

Do you take your seatbelt off because you have airbags or functioning brakes? Same thing

"Over six months of random strangers on the fab virus forum arguing with each other and we still have a pandemic with no sight of an exit strategy.

"

No one changes their opinions via an internet argument.

But it's a chance to hear from people outside of our usual peer group.

Which is pretty interesting, even when they get angry about having to temporarily wear cotton face covering in order for vulnerable people not to die.

Manchester (she/her)

Which is pretty interesting, even when they get angry about having to temporarily wear cotton face covering in order for vulnerable people not to die."

And onlookers read and hopefully learn from those of us who are more gobby.

Which is pretty interesting, even when they get angry about having to temporarily wear cotton face covering in order for vulnerable people not to die.

And onlookers read and hopefully learn from those of us who are more gobby."

In my experience people turn a deaf ear to those who shout .

Dublin

You can suggest. I can disregard as puerile."

Oh yeah i forgot u only listen government monkeys, sorry

By *rladytoyMan  over a year ago

plymouth

Haha...

Feel like saying no for the reactions

"I'm sure this will be seen as persecution or virtue signalling. I don't give a toss. All comments are general.

Every person who doesn't do their bit increases our risk. Increases the illness rate. Increases the death rate. Prolongs the amount of time we have to deal with this shit.

If we suck it up we can put this behind us."

Oh so you think the virus will magically disappear when everybody wears a mask and keeps 1.5m apart.

That pesky virus

Manchester (she/her)

You can suggest. I can disregard as puerile.

Oh yeah i forgot u only listen government monkeys, sorry "

Haven't listened to the government since April. Cute

"I'm sure this will be seen as persecution or virtue signalling. I don't give a toss. All comments are general.

Oh so you think the virus will magically disappear when everybody wears a mask and keeps 1.5m apart.

That pesky virus "

2 m , keep up

That pesky virus

2 m , keep up "

She's wearing a mask so it's actually 1.5... Keep up

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

Not at all, but this isn’t about you Toffee, this is about our collective responsibility to a serious pandemic. Stop being selfish and wear a mask, otherwise Boris will be giving you a hefty fine, you know it makes sense, do as your told "

this is nothing about people doing as they are told.

this is about you deliberately baiting someone on the forum.

i.e. bullying.

he has a personal choice and he has made it.

he even asked you politely to stop but you continued bullying him.

you are not in authority here, or in charge to give orders to others.

you may think your funny but the guy clearly asked you to leave him alone but you cannot do that.

if you dont like his non wearing of a mask, tough!

Manchester (she/her)

That pesky virus

2 m , keep up "

I mean it's what the data suggests gives us our best shot, but what's facts got to do with anything?

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Spain’s had mask wearing from the start and even outside have they now got rid of Corona ? Are there infection rates totally controlled ?

That pesky virus

2 m , keep up

She's wearing a mask so it's actually 1.5... Keep up "

Why don’t you write to every leader in the world that is currently using lockdowns to slow down the virus and ask if they will follow your advice instead

Dublin

"Spain’s had mask wearing from the start and even outside have they now got rid of Corona ? Are there infection rates totally controlled ? "

Pssst, mask warriors won't be happy with your post

"Spain’s had mask wearing from the start and even outside have they now got rid of Corona ? Are there infection rates totally controlled ? "

No, what is your point ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Spain’s had mask wearing from the start and even outside have they now got rid of Corona ? Are there infection rates totally controlled ?

Pssst, mask warriors won't be happy with your post "

Psst. Confounding factors.

I can't wait for this magic day after all this compulsory mask wearing has rid us of any need for flu jabs or to vaccinate children and adults for polio, mumps, chicken poxs, colds and coughs and even hospitals to run free of Nora virus because they've ALL been eliminated and decided to put their little hands up and go extinct.

Oh how we'll run free down the meadows like little house on the prairie

More so than if they weren't wearing masks.

Next.

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't wait for this magic day after all this compulsory mask wearing has rid us of any need for flu jabs or to vaccinate children and adults for polio, mumps, chicken poxs, colds and coughs and even hospitals to run free of Nora virus because they've ALL been eliminated and decided to put their little hands up and go extinct.

Oh how we'll run free down the meadows like little house on the prairie "

Oh goodness. I'd love to see the data to support any of that. Or even actually anyone making the argument.

"I can't wait for this magic day after all this compulsory mask wearing has rid us of any need for flu jabs or to vaccinate children and adults for polio, mumps, chicken poxs, colds and coughs and even hospitals to run free of Nora virus because they've ALL been eliminated and decided to put their little hands up and go extinct.

Oh how we'll run free down the meadows like little house on the prairie "

Why is it all or nothing. Wearing masks is to slow the spread.

Literally no one is suggesting that it will rid us of the virus.

You've made that up. Then decided to make fun of the thing you made up.

Herne Bay

"Spain’s had mask wearing from the start and even outside have they now got rid of Corona ? Are there infection rates totally controlled ?

No, what is your point ? "

point is all these controls don’t work

By *rladytoyMan  over a year ago

plymouth

Sheoples ......sheoples everywhere.

Have a day off .

Plymouth

Psssst this thread is going exactly as I said it would... (can we please have a "do you wear masks 2" when this one gets full, thanks)

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

No, what is your point ? point is all these controls don’t work "

Face coverings are pointless and ineffectual in most situations and in some cases can make things worse.

I think they are only of merit in situations where it's impossible to keep a reasonable distance from others (such as on crowded public transport)

No, what is your point ? point is all these controls don’t work "

How do you know? Mask wearing is to slow down the rate of infection, do you have evidence from a similar nation that doesn’t wear masks to compare with Spain? Btw, just wear a mask, it really isn’t that much of a hardship

Dublin

Brave mask warrior u are last person who is going to tell me how to protect me or others

Herne Bay

No, what is your point ? point is all these controls don’t work

How do you know? Mask wearing is to slow down the rate of infection, do you have evidence from a similar nation that doesn’t wear masks to compare with Spain? Btw, just wear a mask, it really isn’t that much of a hardship "

Got any proof that mask wearing has done any good ?

Always wear one out if respect and health of others

No, what is your point ? point is all these controls don’t work

How do you know? Mask wearing is to slow down the rate of infection, do you have evidence from a similar nation that doesn’t wear masks to compare with Spain? Btw, just wear a mask, it really isn’t that much of a hardship Got any proof that mask wearing has done any good ? "

Got any proof it doesn’t? we can go around in circles here, just wear a mask , think of other people rather than just yourself , btw, I didn’t make the rules and the laws,

"Brave mask warrior u are last person who is going to tell me how to protect me or others "

Selfish covidiots need to be educated , wear a mask, it is a basic requirement that really wont cause you any lasting hardship .

Dublin

"Brave mask warrior u are last person who is going to tell me how to protect me or others

Selfish covidiots need to be educated , wear a mask, it is a basic requirement that really wont cause you any lasting hardship . "

Thanks God i am more than well educated, have a nice day..

"Brave mask warrior u are last person who is going to tell me how to protect me or others

Selfish covidiots need to be educated , wear a mask, it is a basic requirement that really wont cause you any lasting hardship .

Thanks God i am more than well educated, have a nice day.. "

Tbh I have just noticed your from Ireland, I haven’t got a clue what the rules are over there so you crack on doing whatever you like. If you do come to England you will be doing as your told. Enjoy your day

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Yes, I wear one on public transport and in shops and in corridors at the school where I work.

I have several reusable ones, and wash every evening. I generally keep my mask on if transferring between a train and bus too.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

If a place of business or shop I am entering asks me to wear one then yes I will out of respect.. I don't like wearing them but I do as asked.. Think of it like someone coming to your house and you ask them to remove their shoes before walking in.. and they tell you to f^^^ off and walk past you..

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

Nope

Because I choose not to and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it, end of.

Nope

Because I choose not to and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it, end of."

does it make you feel special when your not wearing a mask? Maybe your doing it to seek attention?

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

i.e. bullying.

you may think your funny but the guy clearly asked you to leave him alone but you cannot do that.

"

i actually thought the other guy was more aggressive and bullying if anything.. some really funny bits tho

Being asthmatic I’d be in the category where it’s not essential for me to wear a mask but I do when it’s required (Shops and work)

I choose not to.

Nope.

Please. Stop it.

i.e. bullying.

"

Get a grip, if you don’t like me for not liking him for not wearing a mask , tough.

Nope

Because I choose not to and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it, end of."

Technically there's plenty that people can do about it.

Your friends could try talking to you about it.

People could suggest you educate yourself about what wearing a mask does to reduce the risk.

Shop keepers and bus drivers could ask you to leave.

The police could fine you.

As some examples.

chelmsford

Nope

Because I choose not to and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it, end of.

Technically there's plenty that people can do about it.

Your friends could try talking to you about it.

People could suggest you educate yourself about what wearing a mask does to reduce the risk.

Shop keepers and bus drivers could ask you to leave.

The police could fine you.

As some examples."

I think there should be more fines

Yes we both have masks on when in shops as for public transport we haven’t used it for a very long time

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

1. No

2. I have exemption.

Some people seem remarkably resistant to wearing masks, despite it being for the public good.

For those people, I have a solution!

Look at it this way. It's the perfect opportunity to wear your sexiest gimp mask when out and about in public.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 15:41:53]

"Some people seem remarkably resistant to wearing masks, despite it being for the public good.

Look at it this way. It's the perfect opportunity to wear your sexiest gimp mask when out and about in public."

I tried & was told to take it off! Can't bloody win!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Guys..

Please do not argue over the rights or wrongs..

Nothing will be gained to better understand individuals personal reasons for or against. "

Then why did you start this thread? You must have known how it would run?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Some people seem remarkably resistant to wearing masks, despite it being for the public good.

Look at it this way. It's the perfect opportunity to wear your sexiest gimp mask when out and about in public.

I tried & was told to take it off! Can't bloody win! "

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

J here

Since wearing one i have had a terrible sore throat. But still wear it as the govern.ent dictate it and my customers mfeel more secure

I tried & was told to take it off! Can't bloody win! "

Plymouth

I'd love to see the correlation between people who don't wear masks and people who voted for brexit.

Fire in the hole.

"Yes I do

What made me laugh the other day was a mate who was telling me about the lad he works with, they are builders and do a lot of demolition work, the lad was moaning about a mask saying he has asthma and doesn’t have to wear one, And he can’t wear one.....yet as soon as he goes into a site where they are striping out plaster and cement dust he Happily puts on a full respirator for an 8 hour shift

I have no issue if somebody has a genuine reason but there appears to be a lot of “I have an exemption “ going on right now, maybe if they wore a mask this thing might be over sooner "

. The problem is that there is no way to. Police persons who say they are exempt. You just have to accept their word. They d ont have to show anyone anything to confirm. Thief exemption. Now I know there are a lot of persons who for one reason or another are exempt and thus is not directed towards you but there are also a load of undesirables who blatantly disregard the rules for their own selfishness. This needs to change for the good

"I'd love to see the correlation between people who don't wear masks and people who voted for brexit.

Fire in the hole. "

Would be a healthy Venn diagram alright

"I'd love to see the correlation between people who don't wear masks and people who voted for brexit.

Fire in the hole.

Would be a healthy Venn diagram alright "

Or possibly just a single circle.

"1. No

2. I have exemption. "

Do you mind stating what your exemption is?

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Definitely not

And never will.

1. the guidance (which is not law anyway)says face covering, which means you can put anything you like over your face, even a soggy lettuce leaf will do, which to me means its about compliance and not safety. and to stop the spread of information rather than the spread of a flu bug.

2. There has been no science forthcoming from the so called scientists, whom comrade doris is supposed to be taking advice from. I can point any one towards around 40 peer reviewed papers stating "face coverings will offer you no protection, there is even one where surgeons did a study of surgeries with and without face masks, wound infection rates dropped when surgeons didn't wear masks.

3. Comrade Doris has done no risk assessment on the wearing of masks/face coverings, and under current UK Law doesn't have to until after 23 July 2021.

4. If a surgeon wears a mask, it should be touched twice, once to put it on, the second time to put it into a bio hazard bin for incineration. I have seen people pulling them out of pockets, cleaning their phones with them, picking them up off the floor etc etc.

5. Face coverings lockdowns tier 1 2 3 and god know what else they got planned for us, are all designed to divert our attention from what these corrupt politicians are really up too,

EG selling off the NHS voted for in July 2020, not a mention in the press

and yesterday the CHISBill (licence to kill bill)

Maybe, I can’t see why you have decided to engage with a thread that you think is pointless, seems pointless "

Lmao, you said what the majority thought.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"1. No

2. I have exemption.

Do you mind stating what your exemption is?"

Yes I do. It's my personal business which I do not have to share on a public forum.

"Definitely not

And never will.

1. the guidance (which is not law anyway)says face covering, which means you can put anything you like over your face, even a soggy lettuce leaf will do, which to me means its about compliance and not safety. and to stop the spread of information rather than the spread of a flu bug.

2. There has been no science forthcoming from the so called scientists, whom comrade doris is supposed to be taking advice from. I can point any one towards around 40 peer reviewed papers stating "face coverings will offer you no protection, there is even one where surgeons did a study of surgeries with and without face masks, wound infection rates dropped when surgeons didn't wear masks.

3. Comrade Doris has done no risk assessment on the wearing of masks/face coverings, and under current UK Law doesn't have to until after 23 July 2021.

4. If a surgeon wears a mask, it should be touched twice, once to put it on, the second time to put it into a bio hazard bin for incineration. I have seen people pulling them out of pockets, cleaning their phones with them, picking them up off the floor etc etc.

5. Face coverings lockdowns tier 1 2 3 and god know what else they got planned for us, are all designed to divert our attention from what these corrupt politicians are really up too,

EG selling off the NHS voted for in July 2020, not a mention in the press

and yesterday the CHISBill (licence to kill bill)"

My guess, if we did provide science, you'd strawman it, and say you "I trust it". So pretending your issue is a "lack of science" is a little disingenuous.

Based on what you're saying, what do you think is going on in countries that aren't enforcing lockdowns etc, like Brazil, Sweden, or parts of the US? What you seem to suggest points to a global coordinated effort, but that isn't what we're seeing, because most countries are doing things differently to their neighbours which doesn't scream "cabal of evil politicians creating a fake pandemic to do evil political stuff".

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes I wear one! Because its expected of me no other reason it's all bull! X

Just a few things to think about.

Surgeons where masks. They do this to protect the patient from germs they may breath out causing an infection the the patient. Are surgeons riddled with infection? Probably not, but there is a small possibility they carry an infection that when breathed out will harm the patient.

Do you cover your face when you cough or sneeze? Most people do and it is a common courtesy as you may spread germs.

Do you wash you hands after going to the toilet? Most people do as it ensures any germs are removed from your hands so you don’t then touch everything else. Another common courtesy for the protection of others. The connection between poor sanitation and health goes back to Florence Nightingale!

So I ask myself two questions.

Can I categorically, 100% know that I do not have Covid?

If I do not wear a mask where I am obliged to do can I confidently say that no one will be at all concerned?

Personally, while the answer to either of those questions is No, I’ll do my bit, act out of courtesy and wear a mask. That’s my choice. Feel free to create and justify your own standards.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

No. I'm exempt.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

Science on masks that will probably be explained away as "msm lies and fake science".

But it's pretty simple stuff tbh.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I wear one as its getting cold outside now.

I'm still not sure of the reason for wearing a mask. Since it's become law, the infection rates have gone up. So they can't be very effective?

"

exactly.the rates have gone up since they became compulsory I wear one because we have to, nothing more. I don't really believe they are much use. The science told us they were of very little benefit way back in April then said we had to wear them

In effect the science doesnt have a clue so I so wont hold my breath waiting for a cure any time soon

Wash your hands and keep your distance are the most useful tools in this fight

"Just a few things to think about.

Surgeons where masks. They do this to protect the patient from germs they may breath out causing an infection the the patient. Are surgeons riddled with infection? Probably not, but there is a small possibility they carry an infection that when breathed out will harm the patient.

Do you cover your face when you cough or sneeze? Most people do and it is a common courtesy as you may spread germs.

Do you wash you hands after going to the toilet? Most people do as it ensures any germs are removed from your hands so you don’t then touch everything else. Another common courtesy for the protection of others. The connection between poor sanitation and health goes back to Florence Nightingale!

If I do not wear a mask where I am obliged to do can I confidently say that no one will be at all concerned?

Personally, while the answer to either of those questions is No, I’ll do my bit, act out of courtesy and wear a mask. That’s my choice. Feel free to create and justify your own standards.

"

Well said, I would guess that the same people who say "there is no science behind masks" would prefer a surgeons wore one when operating on them.

Disinformation is only successful because people cannot distinguish between YouTube science and actual science.

exactly.the rates have gone up since they became compulsory I wear one because we have to, nothing more. I don't really believe they are much use. The science told us they were of very little benefit way back in April then said we had to wear them

In effect the science doesnt have a clue so I so wont hold my breath waiting for a cure any time soon

"

The rates have gone up because children went back to school etc.

Best thing about the pandemic, I love wearing a mask in public. After 30 odd years of being told yo take my helmet off before I go into shops and petrol stations it's so nice not to have to faff around

I wear one all the time when I leave the house. There's only two possible outcomes of me wearing a mask.

1. It's done nothing, but it hasn't hurt me by wearing it anyway.

2. It is doing something and it's helping protect me and those around me from catching a rather nasty virus.

I'm not saying I know which of the two it is but I don't mind either way.

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 16:14:33]

ashford

"No. I'm exempt."

I'm exempt but it's easier to just wear it cos of the looks u get x

The rates have gone up because children went back to school etc."

Then the spikes started when the university's went back.

So they punish joe public by closing pubs and gyms

Well said, I would guess that the same people who say "there is no science behind masks" would prefer a surgeons wore one when operating on them.

Disinformation is only successful because people cannot distinguish between YouTube science and actual science."

Not a single virologist publishes their work directly to YouTube.

Maybe they should, to reduce the amount of confusion and misinformation.

"Best thing about the pandemic, I love wearing a mask in public. After 30 odd years of being told yo take my helmet off before I go into shops and petrol stations it's so nice not to have to faff around"

But I bet you get worried glances if you go in the bank like that.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes and I frequently sanitise my hands everytime I touch it, to itch that pesky spot

"1. No

2. I have exemption.

Do you mind stating what your exemption is?

Yes I do. It's my personal business which I do not have to share on a public forum. "

Thought as much.

The rates have gone up because children went back to school etc."

Don't be silly. The kids should be packed into classes of 30... It's perfectly fine!!

Disinformation is only successful because people cannot distinguish between YouTube science and actual science.

Maybe they should, to reduce the amount of confusion and misinformation."

Something has to change, because people are making life decisions based on people who make videos in their trucks.

By *esley_CTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I wear one - but not happy... Not because I don't like wearing one - it doesn't bother me.. but I'm worried that it makes people less attentive to social distancing - and the evidence that face masks significantly reduce transmission is thin to say the least...

"

I do understand that reasoning... but it would appear that social distancing is more effective than wearing a mask... so if people wearing a mask go close to someone then it could be worse than someone without a mask keeping their distance

"No. I'm exempt.

I'm exempt but it's easier to just wear it cos of the looks u get x "

Being asthmatic I’m “exempt” I saw a choice of either a mask or a visor, for the time I’m in a shop a mask really doesn’t cause any stress to me and it’s off and binned when I leave the shop

My only question to the other exempt people is, if your illness that stops you from wearing a mask is so bad, should you be out in shops at all? It was a concern of mine at the time

Maybe they should, to reduce the amount of confusion and misinformation.

Something has to change, because people are making life decisions based on people who make videos in their trucks."

Depressing but true.

Don't be silly. The kids should be packed into classes of 30... It's perfectly fine!!"

Not sure what that has to do with my point, that the rates have gone up when kids went back. My friend is a teacher and 4 staff have tested positive since they reopened.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

I wear a mask where required, shops etc, and if I ever see a fellow shopper without one, I think “twat”, I know some people with certain health issues are not required to so I shouldn’t jump to that conclusion, but I can’t help thinking there’s some idiots think having ingrowing toenails is an excuse not to wear one, I can’t see why it’s such a big deal to some people

Don't be silly. The kids should be packed into classes of 30... It's perfectly fine!!

Not sure what that has to do with my point, that the rates have gone up when kids went back. My friend is a teacher and 4 staff have tested positive since they reopened."

Kids aren't getting the blame for the spikes, it's all the pub goers.

Now logically of course kids being back packed into classes like sardines, claiming kids are carriers, everyone could see that cases would rise with the school's reopening. Well most people could

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No. I'm exempt.

Being asthmatic I’m “exempt” I saw a choice of either a mask or a visor, for the time I’m in a shop a mask really doesn’t cause any stress to me and it’s off and binned when I leave the shop

My only question to the other exempt people is, if your illness that stops you from wearing a mask is so bad, should you be out in shops at all? It was a concern of mine at the time

"

Sometimes it's not a physical illness, it can be a mental health issue. So you are saying that exempt people aren't allowed out in public now? It's not such a black and white issue as you are making it out to be.

Maybe they should, to reduce the amount of confusion and misinformation."

Try this to get your YouTube covid professor fix..

https://youtu.be/9B5KI-r_nDU

Not sure what that has to do with my point, that the rates have gone up when kids went back. My friend is a teacher and 4 staff have tested positive since they reopened.

Kids aren't getting the blame for the spikes, it's all the pub goers.

Now logically of course kids being back packed into classes like sardines, claiming kids are carriers, everyone could see that cases would rise with the school's reopening. Well most people could "

Sorry I missed your sarcasm lmao

ashford

"No. I'm exempt.

"

I'm exempt being asthmatic as well but am able to wear one do for 4 hrs at work once shop opens up just cos I have 2 x

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Always wear one when required and no prob doing so

The biggest medical conditions seem to whyshouldi-ism or stupidism and of course there might be a few with genuine reasons

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Round here if you smoke vveed you just shrug and say “it’s my asthma innit”

"No. I'm exempt.

Sometimes it's not a physical illness, it can be a mental health issue. So you are saying that exempt people aren't allowed out in public now? It's not such a black and white issue as you are making it out to be. "

I asked a genuine question don’t get your your back up when I’m trying to educate myself. does a visor not work for you or does that affect the mental illness side of things too? Again, a sincere question no need to answer it if you don’t want to

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Provide the science to back up the wearing of face coverings then, lets have a look at it, it would be very interesting to see what you can come up with. What have my thoughts on other countries got to do with the science of face coverings ?

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

Yes both wear one when out and about x

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Yes I wear a mask even at work

"I wear a mask where required, shops etc, and if I ever see a fellow shopper without one, I think “twat”, I know some people with certain health issues are not required to so I shouldn’t jump to that conclusion, but I can’t help thinking there’s some idiots think having ingrowing toenails is an excuse not to wear one, I can’t see why it’s such a big deal to some people "

I do agree, if someone cannot wear a face mask because it causes mental anguish, surely they can wear a visor.

A visor isn't greatly different to wearing glasses as it doesn't make physical contact or form any restrictions to breathing.

By *ogJamMan  over a year ago

Chicago

Well they are not compulsory over here nation wise yet but strangely people with breathing difficulties do wear then to protect themselves. I wonder if its being told to wear one that is an issue with many that is the issue.

To see the virus you'll need a very expensive electronic ýtop of the market specialist microscope.

If I can stand 6 meters away from you while you are wearing a mask and still see the holes in your mask what would be the justification for wearing one?