Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

700 young people at a rave in Bristol

The men in blue had to break it up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

One of many this weekend I’m sure.

Too old for raving now my feet hurt by midnight.

By *ountry Boy FreshMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Some people are just all about themselves it seems or 700 if them this time.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

There was a gang of over 50 kids yesterday causing damage to shops & vehicles while letting fireworks off in Fleetwood

Mindless

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Birmingham police broke into a shisha cafe in the early hours of Saturday morning, and found 159 peoplw in there! What made it worse, waa this establishment had already been raided and fined just a few days earlier.

West Midlands police also broke up another wedding party last week, 70 guests in attendance.

Closer to home, Nottingham police handed out 83 fines over the weekend, the majority to students, including another £10k fine to a student.

I'm sorry but livelihoods are being lost, infections and deaths are rising and all because of the actions of these utterly selfish people.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"700 young people at a rave in Bristol

The men in blue had to break it up. "

I feel sorry for them

"Birmingham police broke into a shisha cafe in the early hours of Saturday morning, and found 159 peoplw in there! What made it worse, waa this establishment had already been raided and fined just a few days earlier.

West Midlands police also broke up another wedding party last week, 70 guests in attendance.

Closer to home, Nottingham police handed out 83 fines over the weekend, the majority to students, including another £10k fine to a student.

I'm sorry but livelihoods are being lost, infections and deaths are rising and all because of the actions of these utterly selfish people. "

What fine did the shisha cafe get? Should be immediately forced to close imo given its the second time

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

"Birmingham police broke into a shisha cafe in the early hours of Saturday morning, and found 159 peoplw in there! What made it worse, waa this establishment had already been raided and fined just a few days earlier.

I'm sorry but livelihoods are being lost, infections and deaths are rising and all because of the actions of these utterly selfish people.

What fine did the shisha cafe get? Should be immediately forced to close imo given its the second time"

Shut down and license was revoked

What fine did the shisha cafe get? Should be immediately forced to close imo given its the second time

"

that's good

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Madness..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Madness.."

Nah mate it was a rave, usually only hear Madness at wedding receptions these days.

liverpool

"Madness..

Nah mate it was a rave, usually only hear Madness at wedding receptions these days."

liverpool

"Madness..

Nah mate it was a rave, usually only hear Madness at wedding receptions these days."

They don't seem to care about the virus in Birmingham. I was there recently and hardly any of them were social distancing or wearing masks. I was litterally the only person wearing a mask in one area.

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

Well regular house parties with anywhere from 10 to 30 people have become the norm for myself and many others, just talk to a cab driver and they will tell you they spend half their time taking a car full of people from one house to another most weekends.

Well regular house parties with anywhere from 10 to 30 people have become the norm for myself and many others, just talk to a cab driver and they will tell you they spend half their time taking a car full of people from one house to another most weekends."

Not sure if you're being serious about the house parties bit but if you are you need to give your head a wobble.

300+ dispersed at a Warrington rave as well this weekend. Selfish, ignorant, morons.... I could go on but the insults would get progressively worse.

Wigan

Well regular house parties with anywhere from 10 to 30 people have become the norm for myself and many others, just talk to a cab driver and they will tell you they spend half their time taking a car full of people from one house to another most weekends.

Not sure if you're being serious about the house parties bit but if you are you need to give your head a wobble.

300+ dispersed at a Warrington rave as well this weekend. Selfish, ignorant, morons.... I could go on but the insults would get progressively worse. "

Well if you want to hide under rock until this is allover that's fine with me but life is for living

"Some people are just all about themselves it seems or 700 if them this time. "

I don't know.. I think young people are probably a bit confused, we can't fully blame them. Perhaps we could create a young people island where they can all party whilst the 'grown ups' sort their s#it out.. Kick the old people off the Isle of white (including David icke) and let them have it. A party island with no no under 45's. A little like Lord of the flies but with less bloodshed and bullying

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Most countries would have tear gassed the nasty selfish idiots it is what they deserve all fined as well.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Lock the doors and tell them they are self isolating as a group for a month shove some bread and water in occasionally

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

700 x 10000'=' a nice income just 1000oo more raves to pay iff the debt

"Most countries would have tear gassed the nasty selfish idiots it is what they deserve all fined as well.

"

We are all old! Think back to the idiot you were when you were 18.. There is no malice in it. They've basically hit peak fun age and because old responsible adults have messed things up they have to endure the apocalypse.

300+ dispersed at a Warrington rave as well this weekend. Selfish, ignorant, morons.... I could go on but the insults would get progressively worse.

Well if you want to hide under rock until this is allover that's fine with me but life is for living"

"Hiding under a rock" = wanting to protect myself and others and to see the end of the virus.

"Living your life" = fuck everyone else because rather than spend a few weeks/months sacrificing a few things I'll take my chances and risk spreading the disease and killing people.

Congratulations for being morally bankrupt.

liverpool

"Lock the doors and tell them they are self isolating as a group for a month shove some bread and water in occasionally"

Thankfully we dont live in North Korea.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Not suggesting it's OK... I mean infection numbers and hospitalisation numbers would suggest it very much isn't... But consider this scenario.

A student house of 6. All have had Covid. Their neighbours, a student house of 8 all have had Covid. Their houses share a patio.... So they have a small drinks party... 14 people. All of whom have had covid. Against the rules.... But actually not spreading it to anyone.

Thus supporting the argument to create party island.

Young people inherited this world and didn't create these problems.

When you are 18 you barely know who you are, nevermind your place or influence on it.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Here’s a radical idea ....We issue everyone (tax paying uk citizens) a little plastic card that is required for treatment on the nhs. Without this card you are forced to either pay or go without. If you consistently break the rules your card is revoked and your on your own. Points on driving license/national insurance type administration. Ravers and f@ckwits beware.

liverpool

"Here’s a radical idea ....We issue everyone (tax paying uk citizens) a little plastic card that is required for treatment on the nhs. Without this card you are forced to either pay or go without. If you consistently break the rules your card is revoked and your on your own. Points on driving license/national insurance type administration. Ravers and f@ckwits beware. "

So..if you break The rules .you could be left to die?

"Thus supporting the argument to create party island.

Young people inherited this world and didn't create these problems.

When you are 18 you barely know who you are, nevermind your place or influence on it. "

Sorry mate but that's a cop out. Luckily when I was 18 there wasn't a pandemic. However, if there was I would have been old enough to do the right thing. We're not talking Primary school kids here.

If we (as in governments/society) had handled this properly from the start we'd be out of this by now. Fact is too many people have ignored advice or decided to interpret stuff in a way which would then limit the impact on them personally.

The simple fact is a huge proportion of people are selfish and don't give 2 fucks about anyway apart from themselves.

*anybody

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Here’s a radical idea ....We issue everyone (tax paying uk citizens) a little plastic card that is required for treatment on the nhs. Without this card you are forced to either pay or go without. If you consistently break the rules your card is revoked and your on your own. Points on driving license/national insurance type administration. Ravers and f@ckwits beware. "

I can see the logic in that but it wouldn't work.

So if you didn't have a card but turned up at casualty needing treatment you would be refused.

The human rights lawyers would have a field day.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"Some people are just all about themselves it seems or 700 if them this time. "
At times like this its very sad I wonder if any will look back in time and have any regrets for their actions. It does make you wonder.

Falkirk

"Here’s a radical idea ....We issue everyone (tax paying uk citizens) a little plastic card that is required for treatment on the nhs. Without this card you are forced to either pay or go without. If you consistently break the rules your card is revoked and your on your own. Points on driving license/national insurance type administration. Ravers and f@ckwits beware.

So..if you break The rules .you could be left to die?"

And this.

Yes it's true I work all over the UK and in some places they just don't care! It's ignorance and I hope eventually it unites us as a country instead of ripping us apart

I can Kind of understand if you had nothing before the crisis you have nothing to lose from ignoring it. If you were struggling to pay rent pre covid despite working every hour why are you going to step up and comply to rules of a society that didn't care about you before.

london

"Here’s a radical idea ....We issue everyone (tax paying uk citizens) a little plastic card that is required for treatment on the nhs. Without this card you are forced to either pay or go without. If you consistently break the rules your card is revoked and your on your own. Points on driving license/national insurance type administration. Ravers and f@ckwits beware.

So..if you break The rules .you could be left to die?"

If you consistently break the rules you have to pay for your ‘free’ treatment that you expect to get ‘for free’ despite putting everyone looking after you (and well...everyone) at risk yes! You say it like your shocked that you would be left to die... ffs doctors will be forced to make that decision who to treat if hospitals get overrun ... now let me see 300 northern ravers and don’t give a shit about behaviour and we can’t do anything about it. Need to get much tougher on this or it will just get increasingly worse. And we all need to start challenging others who put our personal safety at risk but obviously in a calm non violent way. How many people do you see obviously not wearing a mask on tubes etc? Do we challenge them or quietly sit hoping for a police officer to get on and fine them... we are too soft and sorry to say some of us too stupid and that will be our undoing. Ps I’m not advocating a police state,I’m not a nazi but saying what many are thinking I’m sure... and that’s some action to clamp down on behavior that affects us all. Responsibility And consequences for own actions.

liverpool

If you consistently break the rules you have to pay for your ‘free’ treatment that you expect to get ‘for free’ despite putting everyone looking after you (and well...everyone) at risk yes! You say it like your shocked that you would be left to die... ffs doctors will be forced to make that decision who to treat if hospitals get overrun ... now let me see 300 northern ravers and don’t give a shit about behaviour and we can’t do anything about it. Need to get much tougher on this or it will just get increasingly worse. And we all need to start challenging others who put our personal safety at risk but obviously in a calm non violent way. How many people do you see obviously not wearing a mask on tubes etc? Do we challenge them or quietly sit hoping for a police officer to get on and fine them... we are too soft and sorry to say some of us too stupid and that will be our undoing. Ps I’m not advocating a police state,I’m not a nazi but saying what many are thinking I’m sure... and that’s some action to clamp down on behavior that affects us all. Responsibility And consequences for own actions. "

Say you cant pay?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Most countries would have tear gassed the nasty selfish idiots it is what they deserve all fined as well.

"

I think you need to jump a plane to North Korea

You would feel at home there.

Falkirk

If you consistently break the rules you have to pay for your ‘free’ treatment that you expect to get ‘for free’ despite putting everyone looking after you (and well...everyone) at risk yes! You say it like your shocked that you would be left to die... ffs doctors will be forced to make that decision who to treat if hospitals get overrun ... now let me see 300 northern ravers and don’t give a shit about behaviour and we can’t do anything about it. Need to get much tougher on this or it will just get increasingly worse. And we all need to start challenging others who put our personal safety at risk but obviously in a calm non violent way. How many people do you see obviously not wearing a mask on tubes etc? Do we challenge them or quietly sit hoping for a police officer to get on and fine them... we are too soft and sorry to say some of us too stupid and that will be our undoing. Ps I’m not advocating a police state,I’m not a nazi but saying what many are thinking I’m sure... and that’s some action to clamp down on behavior that affects us all. Responsibility And consequences for own actions. "

Won't happen. We have developed a society were rights are are primary.

By what you suggested above, will be removing the rights of others.

london

So if you didn't have a card but turned up at casualty needing treatment you would be refused.

The human rights lawyers would have a field day."

Is this not what happens in other countries that don’t have free healthcare? America? Radical but perhaps a way of keeping the nhs afloat and a real consequence for those who have not earned the right ... consequences possibly life or death consequences for personal actions. And if you don’t have a card you’d be on a database which would help the track and trace problem as if your not registered then no treatment ( wonder how many would sign up ASAP) ?

How do you 'earn the right'? Be a hardworking citizen or whine about immigration at 11am in a wetherspoons, cathedral of the ignorant

liverpool

The human rights lawyers would have a field day.

Is this not what happens in other countries that don’t have free healthcare? America? Radical but perhaps a way of keeping the nhs afloat and a real consequence for those who have not earned the right ... consequences possibly life or death consequences for personal actions. And if you don’t have a card you’d be on a database which would help the track and trace problem as if your not registered then no treatment ( wonder how many would sign up ASAP) ? "

It sounds like the type of thing they would do in China.

What next?

If you drop litter you lose points?

If you swear,?

If you criticise the gmnt?

I'm not sure forgetting to put a mask on,on 1 occasion should carry the death penalty.

When someone who wears a mask,but murders someone,gets 15 years and is out .

london

Perhaps we need to rethink and redefine society before it’s too late then. But I do understand what your saying and unfortunately guess you are probably right about human rights lawyers especially for those 300 ravers, or all the people not wearing masks on transport networks.

london

No not at all... swearing, dropping litter etc is antisocial Behaviour that doesn’t potentially kill 42,000 plus people. I’m not, repeat not advocating we become North Korea it was just an off the wall idea along the lines of ‘ we need to get tougher’ and hit harder without actually hitting anyone which is a potential way this thing will go. Again consequences for personal actions/ behaviour the cornerstone of any civilized society?

Falkirk

"How do you 'earn the right'? Be a hardworking citizen or whine about immigration at 11am in a wetherspoons, cathedral of the ignorant "

Yet both intitled to NHS health care.

london

"How do you 'earn the right'? Be a hardworking citizen or whine about immigration at 11am in a wetherspoons, cathedral of the ignorant "

Ok again just an idea... how about being a registered Uk citizen, perhaps one who pays tax or has a national insurance number and contributes to society. Must be hundreds of ways it could be mapped and administered. Might make immigration a little better as well? No automatic free healthcare for all unless you contribute or provide in some way to benefit the many. We are lucky to have a nhs be good to still have one in future years.

Entitled is the key word.. There's plenty of people in the UK who sit back and stop earning it.

london

Ok feels like this debate could go on... thanks gents and ladies for your comments I really do see what you are saying and don’t actually disagree lol! It’s not an easy one to resolve but let’s hope it gets better before it gets much much worse. Night all

Everytime the tories mess up they throw the working class immigrants as the enemy, its bull#hit guys don't fall for it. The ones with the vast resources should be the target of our anger. Imagine if we heard tomorrow.. The world's billionaires have opted to use their wealth and resources to save humanity. It ain't poor people in boats screwing us over it's the ones with the wealth to solve it.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

that's good "

It also had a 10k fine previously

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Madness..

And an annual Butlins weekend

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"They don't seem to care about the virus in Birmingham. I was there recently and hardly any of them were social distancing or wearing masks. I was litterally the only person wearing a mask in one area. "

We were in Birmingham two weekends ago and saw mask compliance was high.

Also re: the rave and everyone rushing to blame youths/students/kids. One man in his 30s was arrested for organising it. I'd say 30s of any flavour is old enough to know better and is certainly not a youth.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 09:05:38]

liverpool

"Madness..

Nah mate it was a rave, usually only hear Madness at wedding receptions these days.

And an annual Butlins weekend"

Cànt beat a bit of madness

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Madness..

Cànt beat a bit of madness"

This is one place for it at times..

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Mark them all with a tattoo and if they turn up at hospital turn them away.

liverpool

"Mark them all with a tattoo and if they turn up at hospital turn them away."

By *el3491Man  over a year ago

Gwent.

"

yes I fully agree with you, prison like in the Ile of Man, break the rules and you are there for 4 weeks no excuses.

Melvyn

liverpool

yes I fully agree with you, prison like in the Ile of Man, break the rules and you are there for 4 weeks no excuses.

Melvyn"

Is one of the rules not to shake hands with covid patients?

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

Nothing radical about it, seems a perfectly good idea to me.Shame that the police couldn't have withdrawn from the area and then called in an air strike.

Wigan

Well if you want to hide under rock until this is allover that's fine with me but life is for living

"Hiding under a rock" = wanting to protect myself and others and to see the end of the virus.

"Living your life" = fuck everyone else because rather than spend a few weeks/months sacrificing a few things I'll take my chances and risk spreading the disease and killing people.

Congratulations for being morally bankrupt. "

Oh boo hoo, why don't you have a little cry about it all while hiding under that rock.

"I can Kind of understand if you had nothing before the crisis you have nothing to lose from ignoring it. If you were struggling to pay rent pre covid despite working every hour why are you going to step up and comply to rules of a society that didn't care about you before. "

Fair point.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The fact that jellyfish have survived 650 million years gives hope for many.

"The fact that jellyfish have survived 650 million years gives hope for many."

Especially Conservative MPs, with whom they share spinal consistency.

By *itsAndTangentsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

It's so easy for all of us past the "fun" age of life sitting all uppetty in our ivory towers.

I for one feel genuinely sorry for the 16+ crowd being told to put your life on hold or you're a mass murderer - especially down our end of the country where up until recently we had basically zero cases.

Try and think back to when you were their age, can you honestly say you would have been happy to give up a year during the prime of your life when you're discovering yourself, discovering the wider world and your place in it?

I agree that 700+ person raves are ludicrous and fines should be given out as a warning to others but I absolutely have empathy for the poor buggars also.

liverpool

"It's so easy for all of us past the "fun" age of life sitting all uppetty in our ivory towers.

I for one feel genuinely sorry for the 16+ crowd being told to put your life on hold or you're a mass murderer - especially down our end of the country where up until recently we had basically zero cases.

Try and think back to when you were their age, can you honestly say you would have been happy to give up a year during the prime of your life when you're discovering yourself, discovering the wider world and your place in it?

I agree that 700+ person raves are ludicrous and fines should be given out as a warning to others but I absolutely have empathy for the poor buggars also. "

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Madness..

Cànt beat a bit of madness

This is one place for it at times.."

More frequently also..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We are all old! Think back to the idiot you were when you were 18.. There is no malice in it. They've basically hit peak fun age and because old responsible adults have messed things up they have to endure the apocalypse. "

I am sure I would have broken a few rules but believe I would not have been as stupid and as selfish as these people.In al fairness most are not being that bad it is not all the younger generation breaking rules

Congratulations for being morally bankrupt.

Oh boo hoo, why don't you have a little cry about it all while hiding under that rock."

Very mature. I'd like to say I hope you (or members of your nearest & dearest) don't suffer for your irresponsible actions but tbh I'm done caring now. Just hope you don't take any decent people down with you.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Madness..

glad you saw it!

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"There was a gang of over 50 kids yesterday causing damage to shops & vehicles while letting fireworks off in Fleetwood

Mindless "

A normal Sunday night in Fleetwood then

"They don't seem to care about the virus in Birmingham. I was there recently and hardly any of them were social distancing or wearing masks. I was litterally the only person wearing a mask in one area.

We were in Birmingham two weekends ago and saw mask compliance was high.

Also re: the rave and everyone rushing to blame youths/students/kids. One man in his 30s was arrested for organising it. I'd say 30s of any flavour is old enough to know better and is certainly not a youth. "

I think any organisers of events like this should be given a short prison sentence and the money be seized. It should be a criminal offence and this may make them think twice. Attendees of these events should be given a police warning that stays on their record for a year.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

Well if you want to hide under rock until this is allover that's fine with me but life is for living"

Hiding is not the answer. This virus is not going away. Best answer is everyone get on with their lives and the government fund the NHS to deal with it.

But they won't, they would rather cripple the economy and ruin peoples lives and jobs than fund the NHS.

Why?

Because its a symbol of socialism and the tories hate it.

The number of people dying and needing hospitalisation is not shocking, its very small, what is shocking is that our health care system can not cope with it

Hiding is not the answer. This virus is not going away. Best answer is everyone get on with their lives and the government fund the NHS to deal with it.

But they won't, they would rather cripple the economy and ruin peoples lives and jobs than fund the NHS.

Why?

The number of people dying and needing hospitalisation is not shocking, its very small, what is shocking is that our health care system can not cope with it

"

Out of interest what number of hospitalised/dead is acceptable before we move into the "shocking" category?

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Why?

"

People spread the virus.People not adhering to the rules is the reason the economy is struggling.Your attitude towards this virus is shocking.It thrives on people mixing!

liverpool

Why?

"

Good luck with that funding issue

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

And this ladies and gents is why we are having to go into what will be a prolonged and difficult lockdown...

Maybe there should be a register people can sign that allows them to behave as they wish and live their life but also waives their right to access the NHS

"

And this ladies and gents is why we are having to go into what will be a prolonged and difficult lockdown...

Maybe there should be a register people can sign that allows them to behave as they wish and live their life but also waives their right to access the NHS "

Yeah as if they'd sign up for that. Selfish twats when they want to be but as soon as they catch the virus and need the NHS urgently they'd be straight down to their local hospital.

They'd probably then appear on the local news a few weeks later telling everyone they're a reformed character and begging others to take the virus seriously.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Congratulations for being morally bankrupt. "

teleford

"

Maybe there should be a register people can sign that allows them to behave as they wish and live their life but also waives their right to access the NHS

Yeah as if they'd sign up for that. Selfish twats when they want to be but as soon as they catch the virus and need the NHS urgently they'd be straight down to their local hospital.

They'd probably then appear on the local news a few weeks later telling everyone they're a reformed character and begging others to take the virus seriously. "

In which case combine fines with being barred from the NHS for 6 months..

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

", infections and deaths are rising and all because of the actions of these utterly selfish people. "

Infections rising is a good thing as it brings us nearer to community immunity (Just as a vaccine would if it ever arrives).

Any social measures just alter the rate of spread.

Deaths caused by CV19 are not rising in any statistically relevant manner (Check the Euromomo site for the latest data and confirmation of that fact)

Meanwhile deaths and collateral damage (such as suicides) are rising dramatically from the effects of lockdown. Apparently though these are 'lesser deaths' according to most.

London Ambulance Service said at the end of October.

“Sadly, the number of suicide and attempted suicide incidents we attend are increasing. Our crews now attend an average of 37 suicides or attempted suicides per day, compared to 22 in 2019 and 17 five years ago.”

Where are the drastic measures to flatten this curve?

Collateral deaths don't even matter in hysteria of 'asymptomatic cases'.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

People spread the virus.People not adhering to the rules is the reason the economy is struggling.Your attitude towards this virus is shocking.It thrives on people mixing!

"

The nonsensical rules have nothing to do with the virus spreading other than altering the rate of spread.

Meanwhile more are dying/will die from the 'rules' (even according to SAGE's own figures). Please explain why these deaths are 'lesser deaths'.

"

The nonsensical rules have nothing to do with the virus spreading other than altering the rate of spread.

Meanwhile more are dying/will die from the 'rules' (even according to SAGE's own figures). Please explain why these deaths are 'lesser deaths'."

Who has said any deaths are lesser deaths apart from you?

And who are you classifying as dying "from the rules"? Suicides? Whilst 1 suicide is too many I'm not sure 1.2m people have killed themselves since the pandemic started.

Try to think of yourself in the 16 to 25 year age group..old enough to have some responsibility and freedom. A disposable income because still live with parents a lot or at university etc. Covid 19 offers such a low chance of being serious to this age group they feel why should we suffer, its a society we have raised to think more of themselves than others. We might all think our siblings etc are little angels but are they when out of site where are they when they venture out, didnt we go out and stagger in d*unk in the early mornings after going to clubs but saying going to a friends etc. When something has so little chance of effecting you why should you waste your life because thats what they see and a year is a long time to them..

norwich

Why?

"

Back to my original point. This virus isn't going anywhere and qe are unlikely to find a vaccine that really works. So how long are you prepared to live like this?

Nottingham

"Try to think of yourself in the 16 to 25 year age group..old enough to have some responsibility and freedom. A disposable income because still live with parents a lot or at university etc. Covid 19 offers such a low chance of being serious to this age group they feel why should we suffer, its a society we have raised to think more of themselves than others. We might all think our siblings etc are little angels but are they when out of site where are they when they venture out, didnt we go out and stagger in d*unk in the early mornings after going to clubs but saying going to a friends etc. When something has so little chance of effecting you why should you waste your life because thats what they see and a year is a long time to them.."

I certainly did not raise my children to think of themselves before others.

The news reports showing house parties, raves etc are in the age group you mentioned. Its about time they realised that they have their whole lives ahead of them and stop being so selfish .

People need to stop making excuses for such irresponsible behaviour.

Falkirk

"

They'd probably then appear on the local news a few weeks later telling everyone they're a reformed character and begging others to take the virus seriously.

In which case combine fines with being barred from the NHS for 6 months.."

Barring a specific age group that are less likely to need NHS care is pointless.

", infections and deaths are rising and all because of the actions of these utterly selfish people.

Infections rising is a good thing as it brings us nearer to community immunity (Just as a vaccine would if it ever arrives).

Any social measures just alter the rate of spread.

Deaths caused by CV19 are not rising in any statistically relevant manner (Check the Euromomo site for the latest data and confirmation of that fact)

Meanwhile deaths and collateral damage (such as suicides) are rising dramatically from the effects of lockdown. Apparently though these are 'lesser deaths' according to most.

London Ambulance Service said at the end of October.

“Sadly, the number of suicide and attempted suicide incidents we attend are increasing. Our crews now attend an average of 37 suicides or attempted suicides per day, compared to 22 in 2019 and 17 five years ago.”

Where are the drastic measures to flatten this curve?

Collateral deaths don't even matter in hysteria of 'asymptomatic cases'."

All you have done here is prove that you have learned nothing from the countless times this has been explained on here.

Covid related admissions and deaths are absolutely rising in a meaningful way. Herd immunity naturally is unlikely due to drop off in resistance. If combined with a vaccine then it may be achievable for long enough to have significant impact. No one is saying any other deaths are not important just that we cannot deal with both at the same time and Covid is by far the bigger immediate threat.

"Try to think of yourself in the 16 to 25 year age group..old enough to have some responsibility and freedom. A disposable income because still live with parents a lot or at university etc. Covid 19 offers such a low chance of being serious to this age group they feel why should we suffer, its a society we have raised to think more of themselves than others. We might all think our siblings etc are little angels but are they when out of site where are they when they venture out, didnt we go out and stagger in d*unk in the early mornings after going to clubs but saying going to a friends etc. When something has so little chance of effecting you why should you waste your life because thats what they see and a year is a long time to them..

The news reports showing house parties, raves etc are in the age group you mentioned. Its about time they realised that they have their whole lives ahead of them and stop being so selfish .

People need to stop making excuses for such irresponsible behaviour. "

??????

I've got nephews all under the age of 15 and they're old enough to know what they should and shouldn't be doing so it's pretty tiring hearing people constantly making excuses for people who are old enough to vote. We've got a terrible excuse culture in this country and people need to start taking responsibility for their actions.

IF everyone had complied back in March and IF the government had handled the virus better then we'd have been way past the worst of this by now. And funnily enough the ones who complain about their civil liberties are the ones who are prolonging this for everyone.

Not sure why all the question marks on my previous post... they were thumb emojis!

liverpool

"

A possible death sentence.

That sounds fair.

norwich

"Try to think of yourself in the 16 to 25 year age group..old enough to have some responsibility and freedom. A disposable income because still live with parents a lot or at university etc. Covid 19 offers such a low chance of being serious to this age group they feel why should we suffer, its a society we have raised to think more of themselves than others. We might all think our siblings etc are little angels but are they when out of site where are they when they venture out, didnt we go out and stagger in d*unk in the early mornings after going to clubs but saying going to a friends etc. When something has so little chance of effecting you why should you waste your life because thats what they see and a year is a long time to them..

??????

I've got nephews all under the age of 15 and they're old enough to know what they should and shouldn't be doing so it's pretty tiring hearing people constantly making excuses for people who are old enough to vote. We've got a terrible excuse culture in this country and people need to start taking responsibility for their actions.

IF everyone had complied back in March and IF the government had handled the virus better then we'd have been way past the worst of this by now. And funnily enough the ones who complain about their civil liberties are the ones who are prolonging this for everyone. "

This is totally wrong, we would not be past the worse of it, we would have simply delayed the worst.

Its not going away due to lockdowns

Nottingham

??????

IF everyone had complied back in March and IF the government had handled the virus better then we'd have been way past the worst of this by now. And funnily enough the ones who complain about their civil liberties are the ones who are prolonging this for everyone.

This is totally wrong, we would not be past the worse of it, we would have simply delayed the worst.

Its not going away due to lockdowns"

I did not say that .

I'm fed up with the irresponsible behaviour of people thinking it's ok to do the opposite of what we are being asked to do .

??????

I did not say that .

I'm fed up with the irresponsible behaviour of people thinking it's ok to do the opposite of what we are being asked to do ."

He/she is replying to me.

Some people struggle to understand the basic concept that if you stop contact between people the number of infected subsequently drops and then the virus will be under some sort of control.

So yes, large gatherings spread the virus, people meeting on Fab spreads the virus, people having house parties spreads the virus, people travelling on public transport without face coverings speeds the virus etc. This lockdown wouldn't be needed if the fucktards hadn't been keeping the virus prevelant for the past 6 months.

liverpool

??????

I did not say that .

I'm fed up with the irresponsible behaviour of people thinking it's ok to do the opposite of what we are being asked to do .

Some people struggle to understand the basic concept that if you stop contact between people the number of infected subsequently drops and then the virus will be under some sort of control.

So yes, large gatherings spread the virus, people meeting on Fab spreads the virus, people having house parties spreads the virus, people travelling on public transport without face coverings speeds the virus etc. This lockdown wouldn't be needed if the fucktards hadn't been keeping the virus prevelant for the past 6 months."

And people being made to go back to work..people going back to universities and schools..didnt contribute l presume?

Nottingham

??????

I did not say that .

So yes, large gatherings spread the virus, people meeting on Fab spreads the virus, people having house parties spreads the virus, people travelling on public transport without face coverings speeds the virus etc. This lockdown wouldn't be needed if the fucktards hadn't been keeping the virus prevelant for the past 6 months.

And people being made to go back to work..people going back to universities and schools..didnt contribute l presume?"

They certainly did, and now going back into lockdown the schools and universities are not included. I dont understand the science behind that decision, i just hope it's the right one but doubt it.

By *urning the kinkMan  over a year ago

bristol

I’m working on a building site with 250 men.

All inside

Loads of young adults

I can see why they want to party

Government makes us work (economy) but doesn’t let them party

I would be raving to if I was 18

liverpool

??????

I did not say that .

And people being made to go back to work..people going back to universities and schools..didnt contribute l presume?

They certainly did, and now going back into lockdown the schools and universities are not included. I dont understand the science behind that decision, i just hope it's the right one but doubt it."

You agree with me?

Nottingham

??????

I did not say that .

They certainly did, and now going back into lockdown the schools and universities are not included. I dont understand the science behind that decision, i just hope it's the right one but doubt it.

You agree with me?

"

Yes ...a first i know x

liverpool

??????

I did not say that .

You agree with me?

Yes ...a first i know x"

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Well regular house parties with anywhere from 10 to 30 people have become the norm for myself and many others, just talk to a cab driver and they will tell you they spend half their time taking a car full of people from one house to another most weekends."

The utter stupidly and selfishness of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Nottingham

"I’m working on a building site with 250 men.

All inside

Loads of young adults

I can see why they want to party

Government makes us work (economy) but doesn’t let them party

I would be raving to if I was 18"

Ah poor them !

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Awww diddums can't party.

I should be dividing my time between two beloved partners but I can only see one. I should be organising social meets for polyamorous people twice a month. I should be doing sexy/kinky stuff with my polycule.

But I haven't since March because I give a shit about people. And because I have a basic understanding of how this virus spreads and how serious it is.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Just remember karma a bitch and don't blame anyone else if you get it

By * Your PleasureMan  over a year ago

They should be injected with covid and left to either deal with it without the nhs!

liverpool

"They should be injected with covid and left to either deal with it without the nhs!"

Are we having a competition to come up with the most insane solution?

"They should be injected with covid and left to either deal with it without the nhs!

Are we having a competition to come up with the most insane solution?"

Lol very good

london

"

Did you not see or read my earlier idea?

"They should be injected with covid and left to either deal with it without the nhs!

Are we having a competition to come up with the most insane solution?"

They should have bat wings surgically attached to their head.

Tin town

The utter stupidly and selfishness of some people never ceases to amaze me.

"

And then boast about it...to a bunch of strangers on a website.

liverpool

Are we having a competition to come up with the most insane solution?

They should have bat wings surgically attached to their head."

By *ake The Rooster CrowMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sounds like some real selfish idiots about if they have done that.

teleford

"

That sounds fair."

Well reckless behaviour contributes to the growing numbers of death sentences that the spread of Covid means for some others, so fair is fair.

liverpool

"

That sounds fair.

Well reckless behaviour contributes to the growing numbers of death sentences that the spread of Covid means for some others, so fair is fair. "

Just because you catch covid doesn't mean you die.

But the person who passed it on..could be left to die?

By * Your PleasureMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 16:03:46]

Falkirk

"

That sounds fair.

Well reckless behaviour contributes to the growing numbers of death sentences that the spread of Covid means for some others, so fair is fair. "

Nope

"

That sounds fair.

Yep those bloody schools, colleges & unis... Let's refuse kids access to healthcare too

Nottingham

"

That sounds fair.

Well reckless behaviour contributes to the growing numbers of death sentences that the spread of Covid means for some others, so fair is fair.

Yep those bloody schools, colleges & unis... Let's refuse kids access to healthcare too "

The behaviour of some is not acceptable...there's no need for sarcasm.

liverpool

"

That sounds fair.

Yep those bloody schools, colleges & unis... Let's refuse kids access to healthcare too "

Erm..no one said anything remotely of the kind.

Posters were coming out with increasingly ridiculous ways to punish people who broke the rules.

we lucky that we do have some sort of law and order in this country.

or serco may have been bought in to employ a load of millwall season ticket holders to go on a mini-bus tour to these raves.

you can imagine it cant you, a bunch of skinhead nutters already angry they cant punch each other on a saturday.

so you tell them the quicker we stop this lot the sooner you get back to watch your team.

well, you'll have 20,000 signing up, bus them in, hand them knuckle dusters, bats etc and tell the police to wait a mile back to catch any that breakthrough.

we were just out clubbing m'lord!

"The fact that jellyfish have survived 650 million years gives hope for many."

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"we lucky that we do have some sort of law and order in this country.

or serco may have been bought in to employ a load of millwall season ticket holders to go on a mini-bus tour to these raves.

you can imagine it cant you, a bunch of skinhead nutters already angry they cant punch each other on a saturday.

so you tell them the quicker we stop this lot the sooner you get back to watch your team.

well, you'll have 20,000 signing up, bus them in, hand them knuckle dusters, bats etc and tell the police to wait a mile back to catch any that breakthrough.

we were just out clubbing m'lord! "

You didn't say what kind of clubbing

Worcester

"

Barring a specific age group that are less likely to need NHS care is pointless.

"

Not if the ban lasts for a lifetime.

Plymouth

Again, my point earlier everyone brushed past is that it's very easy to judge when it's regarding subject matter you personally don't care about, self serving bias.

I highly doubt that all of you with kids would be fine tomorrow if Boris turned around and said Christmas was cancelled because the chances of picking up infection from the handling of presents was too high.

Honestly how many of the people moaning at others right now in this thread are planning on having more than 6 people over their house over christmas?

It incredibly easy to be judgemental of people when it doesn't directly affect you, yes everyone should be doing their part and staying home but I completely understand the 16+ people who want to get out there and enjoy their prime years like we all got to do

Falkirk

"

Not if the ban lasts for a lifetime."

You would ban people from medical care for life?

liverpool

"

You would ban people from medical care for life? "

It's like they are trying to outdo each other in ridiculous lessness

If you drop litter you get fined mate that is a law of the land

Also if you have a road traffic accident you have to pay for certain treatments, like x-rays so charging for being stupid is not such a bad idea

Have you been to A&E on a Saturday or Friday full of piss heads that think they can take on the world so if they have enough money for booze they should have enough for treatment. That should keep the NHS afloat after covid

liverpool

"If you drop litter you get fined mate that is a law of the land

Also if you have a road traffic accident you have to pay for certain treatments, like x-rays so charging for being stupid is not such a bad idea

Have you been to A&E on a Saturday or Friday full of piss heads that think they can take on the world so if they have enough money for booze they should have enough for treatment. That should keep the NHS afloat after covid "

If you have a car accident you have to pay for treatment?

Paying for idiocy you say?

Fucking hell .hope the Cabinet have been saving up?

Falkirk

Have you been to A&E on a Saturday or Friday full of piss heads that think they can take on the world so if they have enough money for booze they should have enough for treatment. That should keep the NHS afloat after covid "

Nobody is disputing having people pay for self inflicted injuries due to stupidity.

What some people are saying is people should be excluded from any sort of medical treatment.

I havent seen so many contentious threads since the good old days of Brexit.

As an a person with an analytical background, my main concern with covid and lockdown is that it is far too easy to sway the numbers to get them to show what you want them to show...I do it all the time with my job, and I'm sure countless others do to.

My gripe is that not all the information is given. Yes 300 people a day dying from covid is tragic, but was is it like in comparison to other causes of death/what is the %age. How many deaths a day are there on average? How many influenza deaths have there been? Or does that ot count anymore?

My other gripe with the data presented in Boris' speech is the number of hospital admissions with covid. Why does it start from June? Why not show it from the previous peak, and most importantly, why not show how this will have an influence on the total number of admissions and show that as a year on year number? It's very easy to show a sharp upward curve, but what was the hospital admission rate 12months ago? As we go into the traditional busy period for hospitals, why not show either how much worse it will be than previous years, or how actually it may be roughly the same.

Things like this is what gives me doubt on the severity of covid. Yes I agree it's bad, but it's almost like they are trying to hide how bad. If Germany and france didnt lockdown, would there have been any pressure for us to?

My 2 cents, feel free to bash, but wanted it off my chest

I did give up a year of my life, it’s called work. Then after that I gave up 26 years to fight for queen and country so maybe that might be the best place for them, confiding the navy is struggling with recruitment...

Plymouth

I do hope that the NHS will be backdating charges for all previous medical care that you and your generation have required up to this point also... Fairs fair

I hope they fine as many as they can!

Falkirk

Have you been to A&E on a Saturday or Friday full of piss heads that think they can take on the world so if they have enough money for booze they should have enough for treatment. That should keep the NHS afloat after covid

I do hope that the NHS will be backdating charges for all previous medical care that you and your generation have required up to this point also... Fairs fair "

You know that will never happen.

If they did they would make a lot from union street. With all the fight between the bootlegs and matlows

Worcester

"

You would ban people from medical care for life? "

Why not, their reckless endangerment for the rest of society shows what they really are.

Falkirk

"If they did they would make a lot from union street. With all the fight between the bootlegs and matlows "

Booties would win. Mon 45

They always did, the civi bill wouldn’t go in they let the MPs pick up the bleeding

Falkirk

"

Why not, their reckless endangerment for the rest of society shows what they really are."

Why not bring back hanging or puplic executions for those who cause reckless endangerment. You could charge people to watch.

Worcester

"

Why not, their reckless endangerment for the rest of society shows what they really are.

Why not bring back hanging or puplic executions for those who cause reckless endangerment. You could charge people to watch. "

Line em up

Falkirk

"

Why not bring back hanging or puplic executions for those who cause reckless endangerment. You could charge people to watch.

Line em up"

Oh dear

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 20:58:36]

Worcester

"

Line em up

Oh dear "

Oh but socially distanced of course.

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"How do you 'earn the right'? Be a hardworking citizen or whine about immigration at 11am in a wetherspoons, cathedral of the ignorant

Ok again just an idea... how about being a registered Uk citizen, perhaps one who pays tax or has a national insurance number and contributes to society. Must be hundreds of ways it could be mapped and administered. Might make immigration a little better as well? No automatic free healthcare for all unless you contribute or provide in some way to benefit the many. We are lucky to have a nhs be good to still have one in future years.

"

You’re very much thinking of the way of China’s ‘Social Credit System’ which I think is a very dangerous way to go

liverpool

"How do you 'earn the right'? Be a hardworking citizen or whine about immigration at 11am in a wetherspoons, cathedral of the ignorant

You’re very much thinking of the way of China’s ‘Social Credit System’ which I think is a very dangerous way to go"

There was an episode of black mirror which actually predicted that

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Bring back National Service, What is National Service you may ask.

All males at the age of 18 were conscripted to serve in the armed forces for a period of 2 years.

Happy days for some but pure misery for others.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

So its ok for Dominic Cummings Catherine Calderwood and Ferrier to breach their own rules, but those studenfs who decide to follow suit and have a rave or a party are putting others at risk, hmmmm and should be heavily fined, so what rules does that come under ??

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

"Bring back National Service, What is National Service you may ask.

All males at the age of 18 were conscripted to serve in the armed forces for a period of 2 years.

Happy days for some but pure misery for others."

agreed

"I havent seen so many contentious threads since the good old days of Brexit.

As an a person with an analytical background, my main concern with covid and lockdown is that it is far too easy to sway the numbers to get them to show what you want them to show...I do it all the time with my job, and I'm sure countless others do to.

My gripe is that not all the information is given. Yes 300 people a day dying from covid is tragic, but was is it like in comparison to other causes of death/what is the %age. How many deaths a day are there on average? How many influenza deaths have there been? Or does that ot count anymore?

My other gripe with the data presented in Boris' speech is the number of hospital admissions with covid. Why does it start from June? Why not show it from the previous peak, and most importantly, why not show how this will have an influence on the total number of admissions and show that as a year on year number? It's very easy to show a sharp upward curve, but what was the hospital admission rate 12months ago? As we go into the traditional busy period for hospitals, why not show either how much worse it will be than previous years, or how actually it may be roughly the same.

Things like this is what gives me doubt on the severity of covid. Yes I agree it's bad, but it's almost like they are trying to hide how bad. If Germany and france didnt lockdown, would there have been any pressure for us to?

My 2 cents, feel free to bash, but wanted it off my chest"

Statistics always give the true picture.

I think the reason they only show data from June may be because treatments for covid improved around then. March/ April deaths were around 1,000 daily but currently around 300. "That's not as bad, let us out to party!!"

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"Not suggesting it's OK... I mean infection numbers and hospitalisation numbers would suggest it very much isn't... But consider this scenario.

A student house of 6. All have had Covid. Their neighbours, a student house of 8 all have had Covid. Their houses share a patio.... So they have a small drinks party... 14 people. All of whom have had covid. Against the rules.... But actually not spreading it to anyone. "

Which would be fine if all 14 stuck solely together and never went out or had contact with anyone else until they had been tested to be negative.

london

"So its ok for Dominic Cummings Catherine Calderwood and Ferrier to breach their own rules, but those studenfs who decide to follow suit and have a rave or a party are putting others at risk, hmmmm and should be heavily fined, so what rules does that come under ?? "

... the one that says ‘600 sweaty students jumping up and down coughing over each other before going back home is ultimately much more dangerous than 3 stupid politicians that should know better and follow the bloody rules like the rest of us’ rule. ( I think anyone who breaks the rules is a selfish c&n@ and should be punished (fined or in calderwoods case sacked and then been made to walk the streets naked whilst people in Scotland emptied buckets of slops on her and pelted her with rotten haggis and cabbage). My point is no excuses for stupidity by anyone!

Falkirk

Absolutely not.

I want the guy next to fighting with me not against me or the system.

teleford

"

Not if the ban lasts for a lifetime."

It was my suggestion and I think a lifetime would be excessive. Some people do wise up when they grow up. Not everyone who is a self centred, immature prick remains a self centred immature prick

Plymouth

"So its ok for Dominic Cummings Catherine Calderwood and Ferrier to breach their own rules, but those studenfs who decide to follow suit and have a rave or a party are putting others at risk, hmmmm and should be heavily fined, so what rules does that come under ??

... the one that says ‘600 sweaty students jumping up and down coughing over each other before going back home is ultimately much more dangerous than 3 stupid politicians that should know better and follow the bloody rules like the rest of us’ rule. ( I think anyone who breaks the rules is a selfish c&n@ and should be punished (fined or in calderwoods case sacked and then been made to walk the streets naked whilst people in Scotland emptied buckets of slops on her and pelted her with rotten haggis and cabbage). My point is no excuses for stupidity by anyone!

"

Jumping up and down and coughing over each other... You and me flirt in totally different ways on a night out evidently

liverpool

You realise we dont live in the 1950s?

Love a good rave x

You realise we dont live in the 1950s?"

Not such a 1950's idea, apparently the following still maintain National Service today:

Austria

Bermuda

Brazil

Cyprus

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Israel

Mexico

Morocco

Norway

Russia

Singapore

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Tunisia

Turkey

Ukraine

UAE

Tin town

Not such a 1950's idea, apparently the following still maintain National Service today:

Austria

Bermuda

Brazil

Cyprus

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Israel

Mexico

Morocco

Norway

Russia

Singapore

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Tunisia

Turkey

Ukraine

UAE

"

Interesting that many of those are also in the "best countries to live in lists"

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 13/03/21 09:15:47]

liverpool

Austria

Bermuda

Brazil

Cyprus

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Israel

Mexico

Morocco

Norway

Russia

Singapore

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Tunisia

Turkey

Ukraine

UAE

"

Some real freedom loving countires on that list.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Austria

Bermuda

Brazil

Cyprus

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Israel

Mexico

Morocco

Norway

Russia

Singapore

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Tunisia

Turkey

Ukraine

UAE

Interesting that many of those are also in the "best countries to live in lists"

"

And also in the worst places just to be alive, for others, such as LGBTQ, if they are even given the freedom to remain alive

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Reading some of the comments on here its as if some peeps cant remember being 18-25 years old.should they be doing it nah they shouldnt be.but remembering back to that age i doubt me or anyone i knew back then would have taken much notice of what was happening.you think your indestructable at that age and think anyone over 30 is an old bastard

Tin town

"Reading some of the comments on here its as if some peeps cant remember being 18-25 years old.should they be doing it nah they shouldnt be.but remembering back to that age i doubt me or anyone i knew back then would have taken much notice of what was happening.you think your indestructable at that age and think anyone over 30 is an old bastard"

You are so right. Most youngsters I see and are aware of have been absolute stars considering it's a situation they are the ones being most impacted by but stupidly low rates of infection and consequences. Perhaps some of the older could learn a bit from their sacrifices so far

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Reading some of the comments on here its as if some peeps cant remember being 18-25 years old.should they be doing it nah they shouldnt be.but remembering back to that age i doubt me or anyone i knew back then would have taken much notice of what was happening.you think your indestructable at that age and think anyone over 30 is an old bastard

-------

You are so right. Most youngsters I see and are aware of have been absolute stars considering it's a situation they are the ones being most impacted by but stupidly low rates of infection and consequences. Perhaps some of the older could learn a bit from their sacrifices so far"

I'm not sure that the younger generations are the most affected by the current situation. I think the restrictions are universally impacting all ages. The big difference is that many of the younger generation, are unfortunately selfish and irresponsible. As someone who works in education, I see the evidence of this every day! Students will stand next to a dustbin eating their lunch and just drop their litter on the floor. They will mindlessly damage whatever is within reach. In fact, they will blatantly go out of their way to break any rule they can, "just for a laugh".

Cal

"Reading some of the comments on here its as if some peeps cant remember being 18-25 years old.should they be doing it nah they shouldnt be.but remembering back to that age i doubt me or anyone i knew back then would have taken much notice of what was happening.you think your indestructable at that age and think anyone over 30 is an old bastard

-------

You are so right. Most youngsters I see and are aware of have been absolute stars considering it's a situation they are the ones being most impacted by but stupidly low rates of infection and consequences. Perhaps some of the older could learn a bit from their sacrifices so far

I'm not sure that the younger generations are the most affected by the current situation. I think the restrictions are universally impacting all ages. The big difference is that many of the younger generation, are unfortunately selfish and irresponsible. As someone who works in education, I see the evidence of this every day! Students will stand next to a dustbin eating their lunch and just drop their litter on the floor. They will mindlessly damage whatever is within reach. In fact, they will blatantly go out of their way to break any rule they can, "just for a laugh".

Cal"

You are right, but at the same time did you sacrifice a portion of your youth due to a pandemic? No, you didn't. So it's not equal. Not by a long chalk.

[Removed by poster at 13/03/21 16:56:08]

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

-------

Cal

You are right, but at the same time did you sacrifice a portion of your youth due to a pandemic? No, you didn't. So it's not equal. Not by a long chalk. "

Oh that’s alright then

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

-------

Cal

------

You are right, but at the same time did you sacrifice a portion of your youth due to a pandemic? No, you didn't. So it's not equal. Not by a long chalk. "

No, but as a musician who (normally) plays in several bands, I feel I am sacrificing as much now as they are, if not more. I am not allowed to get together with others to make music... which is a much bigger sacrifice than not going to a party/pub/nightclub etc... which I also can't do.

I honestly don't believe there is ANY justification for blatantly breaking the law "just for fun"

Cal

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

-------

Cal

------

You are right, but at the same time did you sacrifice a portion of your youth due to a pandemic? No, you didn't. So it's not equal. Not by a long chalk.

No, but as a musician who (normally) plays in several bands, I feel I am sacrificing as much now as they are, if not more. I am not allowed to get together with others to make music... which is a much bigger sacrifice than not going to a party/pub/nightclub etc... which I also can't do.

I honestly don't believe there is ANY justification for blatantly breaking the law "just for fun"

Cal"

Your in your forties same as me and i agree they shouldnt be going to raves that sort of thinking comes with age.now cast your mind back to your late teens early twentys would you really have had that same view back then?? When your that age you know the grand total of fuck all really

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Wish someone would let us know where and when these parties are ........ we want to go

» Add a new message to this topic