FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Against vaccination

Against vaccination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who won't be getting vaccinated, either in the near future, or at all?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Who won't be getting vaccinated, either in the near future, or at all?"

Why ?

Will it affect your decision ?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not yet sure..

Need to see more information ..

the wetlands

"Not yet sure..

Need to see more information .."

I hope you find it

There's very good article with a good bit of detail on each of the vaccine trials but I don't think it's on the fab link approved list as it's genuine.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

by the time it gets round to my turn i should imagine if there are any nasty side effects they would of shown themselves.so if its all good i will be rolling my sleeve up.if there are problems with it i wont be

in Lancashire

"by the time it gets round to my turn i should imagine if there are any nasty side effects they would of shown themselves.so if its all good i will be rolling my sleeve up.if there are problems with it i wont be"

That's part of my thinking too albeit it will be a bit sooner than yourself..

The oh is a nurse and is 50/50..

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"by the time it gets round to my turn i should imagine if there are any nasty side effects they would of shown themselves.so if its all good i will be rolling my sleeve up.if there are problems with it i wont be"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'll be reviewing the evidence once published. Depending on the situation at the time, I'm assuming that the country and individuals will benefit from them. Probably in a few years time the need may diminish, though I assume it will take a long time for all countries and citizens to be vaccinated.

By *illyGoFarMan  over a year ago

Fantasyland USA

[Removed by poster at 25/11/20 04:45:05]

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Not yet sure..

I hope you find it

There's very good article with a good bit of detail on each of the vaccine trials but I don't think it's on the fab link approved list as it's genuine."

To be clear are you saying fab dont let you post links that you state are genuine?

Please explain

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I won’t be...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I work for a funeral service on night shifts, our company are trying to encourage the staff to have it. But considering the amount of unfortunate deaths over the last few months, I’ve been lucky enough and fortunate enough to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis. As regards of the vaccine, I don’t much trust it ? Like the numbers they are coming out with people who have had it, I want to know the big details, who they tested, previously having COVID? Have COVID currently ? Fit and healthy? Health conditions & overweight ? Until they give factual numbers out and it looks legit then I may just consider it!

"Who won't be getting vaccinated, either in the near future, or at all?

Why ?

Will it affect your decision ?"

Not at all.

My question was because it's been portrayed as the answer to everything, but I believe it's only going to work if a high enough percentage of people have it.

I was just asking who, if anyone had already decided they weren't going to get vaccinated.

Like many others, my main concern is long term side effects. But I'll review evidence (from reputable sources) and make my decision based on that, if I'm ever offered the vaccine.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Its the legal immunity of tbis vaccination tbat concerns me

"Its the legal immunity of tbis vaccination tbat concerns me "

Can you explain further please?

You DNA will be altered and we'll be turned into lizards

Central

"You DNA will be altered and we'll be turned into lizards"

We can only get that benefit from 1 of the more expensive ones via special private clinics

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Being purely selfish I want it to be thoroughly tested and side effects to be thoroughly investigated before I would even consider it.

For a tried and tested vaccine on a health side I would rather the vulnerable have it first then me as they are more susceptible to covid complications so there is enough vaccine to go around. That would change as I got older though.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

As a result of my age I will be in the 2nd tranche of vaccine jabs.

Spoke with my G.P.(family friend) yesterday and his advice to me was to go for it.

If I am offered it I will take it.

I’ve signed up to be part of clinical trials and I am in the priority list. I’ll be getting it at some stage.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Being purely selfish I want it to be thoroughly tested and side effects to be thoroughly investigated before I would even consider it.

For a tried and tested vaccine on a health side I would rather the vulnerable have it first then me as they are more susceptible to covid complications so there is enough vaccine to go around. That would change as I got older though."

It has been thoroughly tested.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"I work for a funeral service on night shifts, our company are trying to encourage the staff to have it. But considering the amount of unfortunate deaths over the last few months, I’ve been lucky enough and fortunate enough to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis. As regards of the vaccine, I don’t much trust it ? Like the numbers they are coming out with people who have had it, I want to know the big details, who they tested, previously having COVID? Have COVID currently ? Fit and healthy? Health conditions & overweight ? Until they give factual numbers out and it looks legit then I may just consider it! "

Do you think you are really in the position to make an informed decision on all the facts and figures that the experts can provide you with? They will have taken a representative range of people in their trials and analysed groups etc. They have trialled on those who have had covid. There must be around 100k people who have had one of the 3 vaccines. No serious side effects.

"I work for a funeral service on night shifts, our company are trying to encourage the staff to have it. But considering the amount of unfortunate deaths over the last few months, I’ve been lucky enough and fortunate enough to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis. As regards of the vaccine, I don’t much trust it ? Like the numbers they are coming out with people who have had it, I want to know the big details, who they tested, previously having COVID? Have COVID currently ? Fit and healthy? Health conditions & overweight ? Until they give factual numbers out and it looks legit then I may just consider it!

Do you think you are really in the position to make an informed decision on all the facts and figures that the experts can provide you with? They will have taken a representative range of people in their trials and analysed groups etc. They have trialled on those who have had covid. There must be around 100k people who have had one of the 3 vaccines. No serious side effects."

So why isn’t that information public knowledge? And what’s the long term side effects.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I wont b no x

the wetlands

"Not yet sure..

I hope you find it

There's very good article with a good bit of detail on each of the vaccine trials but I don't think it's on the fab link approved list as it's genuine.

To be clear are you saying fab dont let you post links that you state are genuine?

Please explain"

You can't post links to medical or scientific information or you'll get a ban unfortunately.

the wetlands

"I work for a funeral service on night shifts, our company are trying to encourage the staff to have it. But considering the amount of unfortunate deaths over the last few months, I’ve been lucky enough and fortunate enough to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis. As regards of the vaccine, I don’t much trust it ? Like the numbers they are coming out with people who have had it, I want to know the big details, who they tested, previously having COVID? Have COVID currently ? Fit and healthy? Health conditions & overweight ? Until they give factual numbers out and it looks legit then I may just consider it!

Do you think you are really in the position to make an informed decision on all the facts and figures that the experts can provide you with? They will have taken a representative range of people in their trials and analysed groups etc. They have trialled on those who have had covid. There must be around 100k people who have had one of the 3 vaccines. No serious side effects.

So why isn’t that information public knowledge? And what’s the long term side effects. "

The information is there, unfortunately if you're unable to find it then you'll definitely not understand it.

Anyone interested in listening to experts talk about the vaccine and answer your questions there is a webinar at 4pm. If you have the Zoe app for reporting your symptoms on a daily basis, there is a link to Zoom. Otherwise you can watch it via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa09am-cOsC-FSgr_nLkFFA/

The Zoe Covid-19 app has lots of useful links to how the research is going and you can contribute to it, just by reporting how you feel on a daily basis. It contributes to the modelling of the pandemic.

"Anyone interested in listening to experts talk about the vaccine and answer your questions there is a webinar at 4pm. If you have the Zoe app for reporting your symptoms on a daily basis, there is a link to Zoom. Otherwise you can watch it via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa09am-cOsC-FSgr_nLkFFA/

The Zoe Covid-19 app has lots of useful links to how the research is going and you can contribute to it, just by reporting how you feel on a daily basis. It contributes to the modelling of the pandemic."

The agenda and speakers are

Topic

Ask the Experts: COVID-19 Vaccines

Description

Speakers:

Professor Tim Spector, OBE

Professor Peter Openshaw, Professor of Experimental Medicine at Imperial College London

As governments prepare to roll out COVID-19 vaccination programmes, we ask:

How safe are the vaccines?

Will they really work?

How might vaccination affect different people?

Is there any point if you’ve already had COVID?

And more.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Yep, not something most of us need to decide on for quite a while so not worth worrying about.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Do you think you are really in the position to make an informed decision on all the facts and figures that the experts can provide you with? They will have taken a representative range of people in their trials and analysed groups etc. They have trialled on those who have had covid. There must be around 100k people who have had one of the 3 vaccines. No serious side effects."

I'm definitely not in a position. I've got some rudimentary stats education and my post-16 education has been mostly in the humanities.

Fortunately I know where to find good sources of science communication and education who I understand. I go from there.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I put my name forward as a volunteer so it's a moot question.

Someone has to do it

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I put my name forward as a volunteer so it's a moot question.

Someone has to do it "

Me too.

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I'm going to wait until a master scientist tells me...either that or someone on fab both the same lol.

Seriously tho I wouldn't be on the list for ages so won't be allowed. Anyone who does get it first I doff my hat to you that you're putting yourself forward.

We could well be faced with a situation in the not too distant future where other countries won’t allow you to visit without an approved vaccination certificate. Just wondering.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"We could well be faced with a situation in the not too distant future where other countries won’t allow you to visit without an approved vaccination certificate. Just wondering. "

I think I heard that Australia is already wanting vaccination certificates to enter.

I will hold out for a while about getting vaccinated myself.

I won't be offered it for a while anyway, but I'm I'm happy to wait until I feel it really is holding me back from doing things I want, too much to wait any longer.

I would rather just let my body do its own thing and and develop its own natural immunity but I feel it's something we are all going to have to do one way or another in the end unless medically exempt.

in Lancashire

"We could well be faced with a situation in the not too distant future where other countries won’t allow you to visit without an approved vaccination certificate. Just wondering. "

We still get up to date on certain jabs if we travel to far flung places, this will just be the same..

Perhaps more importantly will be the fact that travel insurance will insist upon it I reckon .

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Highly likely

Qantas has just announced it will require a vaccination certificate to travel internationally.

On a personal note, if you hookup with someone, having never had the vaccine, IMHO that's pretty much the same as not telling someone you may or may not have an STD. Or you don't use a condom...

I won't be meeting anyone who hasn't been vaccinated.

Just as I wouldn't meet someone who doesn't practice safe sex.

I'll assume you're assuming when it gets round to you it might be the year 2035?

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Qantas has just announced it will require a vaccination certificate to travel internationally.

On a personal note, if you hookup with someone, having never had the vaccine, IMHO that's pretty much the same as not telling someone you may or may not have an STD. Or you don't use a condom...

Just as I wouldn't meet someone who doesn't practice safe sex."

And you'll insist on seeing their vaccination certificate first?

"And you'll insist on seeing their vaccination certificate first? "

Until the W.H.O. says that the virus is under control, YES.

100% I will and will be actively encouraging everyone I know to get it as well... there is literally zero reason NOT to get it.

I should add that I'm in the 'High Risk' category.

Any risk is too great a risk for me.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 25/11/20 11:03:10]

"100% I will and will be actively encouraging everyone I know to get it as well... there is literally zero reason NOT to get it. "

Exactly. People who refuse the vaccine are either operating on false information, or refusing out of pure Ego.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 25/11/20 11:04:04]

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No, as I don't want this particular vaccine. This is no way means I'm anti vax, so please don't confuse the two things. I also don't feel the need to justify my choices either.

"No, as I don't want this particular vaccine. This is no way means I'm anti vax, so please don't confuse the two things. I also don't feel the need to justify my choices either."

I'm expecting this vaccine to become compulsory like the MMR.

What will you do then?

ashford

"No, as I don't want this particular vaccine. This is no way means I'm anti vax, so please don't confuse the two things. I also don't feel the need to justify my choices either."

Exactly! I've allways had the lot flu pneumonia but this is one I will not b having!x

ashford

"Qantas has just announced it will require a vaccination certificate to travel internationally.

Just as I wouldn't meet someone who doesn't practice safe sex."

x

"Exactly! I've allways had the lot flu pneumonia but this is one I will not b having!x"

This is not Flu.

This is on par with polio and measles.

It will not 'die off' without a vaccine.

And people still die from Measles but much less because of the vaccine.

Real hard Immunity is achieved through EVERYONE being vaccinated, as there is ZERO natural immunity

ashford

"Exactly! I've allways had the lot flu pneumonia but this is one I will not b having!x

This is not Flu.

Real hard Immunity is achieved through EVERYONE being vaccinated, as there is ZERO natural immunity"

I never said it was flu! I said I have vaccines! Was pointing out I will not b having this one despite being asthmatic/diabetic and 63 ! X

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No, as I don't want this particular vaccine. This is no way means I'm anti vax, so please don't confuse the two things. I also don't feel the need to justify my choices either.

What will you do then?"

MMR is not compulsory.

"Exactly! I've allways had the lot flu pneumonia but this is one I will not b having!x

This is not Flu.

Real hard Immunity is achieved through EVERYONE being vaccinated, as there is ZERO natural immunity"

What on earth are you on about?

No natural immunity?

Who told you that ?

That's two threads you have said this on now.

Me neither Hun, my fear is in years to come there will be nasty side effects because it's been rushed! X

ashford

"No, as I don't want this particular vaccine. This is no way means I'm anti vax, so please don't confuse the two things. I also don't feel the need to justify my choices either.

What will you do then?MMR is not compulsory. "

No its deffo not compulsory! And spose I shall have to go underground! Lol x

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

What will you do then?MMR is not compulsory.

No its deffo not compulsory! And spose I shall have to go underground! Lol x"

I'll come join you lol. It would violate human rights laws to make it mandatory.

"100% I will and will be actively encouraging everyone I know to get it as well... there is literally zero reason NOT to get it.

Exactly. People who refuse the vaccine are either operating on false information, or refusing out of pure Ego."

There's no guarantee of no side effects in the future, it's been rushed that what concerns me

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"100% I will and will be actively encouraging everyone I know to get it as well... there is literally zero reason NOT to get it.

Exactly. People who refuse the vaccine are either operating on false information, or refusing out of pure Ego.

There's no guarantee of no side effects in the future, it's been rushed that what concerns me "

Central

Me neither Hun, my fear is in years to come there will be nasty side effects because it's been rushed! X"

Which aspects of the development and trials are different and so could have an effect?

If the other vaccines had been done with the funding of the 3 today, what would the results and process have been? Would you have those?

Renfrew

"Its the legal immunity of tbis vaccination tbat concerns me

Can you explain further please?"

The developers of this vaccine have asked for legal immunity, so when after say ten years or so there are serious side effects nobody can be sued.

imagine our future generation having serious illnesses due to this vaccine,, no job no money forced to live on benefitss if there is any tax payers money left of course, and prevented from suing the vaccine manufacturers.

There is a reason why they want legal immunity for this vaccine

There's no guarantee of no side effects in the future, it's been rushed that what concerns me "

I don't think you can sue pharmaceutical companies either, so if you grow another head then as a side effect, then on your heads be it

ashford

I'll come join you lol. It would violate human rights laws to make it mandatory. "

but I think they will try sadly x

I'll come join you lol. It would violate human rights laws to make it mandatory.

but I think they will try sadly x"

Johnson said yesterday that Vaccines will not be mandatory as it is not the way we do it in this country.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I will have it which is unusual for me as normally wait a while for the real evidence.

By this I mean the results of how safe and effective the vacination is when millions have had it.

With Prep waited many years and waited till friends had been on it a while.In this case however I will go for it as the stress in my life now needs curing.

I also do need surgery and hope this will get me the surgery quicker.I would like the Oxford vaccine as trust it more than any US vaccine.

As for reading the evidence of experts a waste of time results will give the answer as allways

ashford

Johnson said yesterday that Vaccines will not be mandatory as it is not the way we do it in this country."

x

Johnson said yesterday that Vaccines will not be mandatory as it is not the way we do it in this country."

He's an idiot, he's on now answering starmers questions, or not as the case maybe

Renfrew

After an FOI request to the government, they confirmed the vaccinations will not be compulsory.

I also asked how the government informed the virus that the clocks went back one hour so as not to infect us after nine o clock when it thought it was ten o clock, tbdy couldn't answer that question

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Yes....... if only for my mother to stop being afraid of this killing her. She had to deal with her dad dying in ww2, her friends falling to polio and now this. This generation has suffered enough it’s the least I can do.

Bolton

"And you'll insist on seeing their vaccination certificate first?

Until the W.H.O. says that the virus is under control, YES. "

Well WHO doesn't think that masks, social distancing and lockdowns work

Bolton

"100% I will and will be actively encouraging everyone I know to get it as well... there is literally zero reason NOT to get it. "

That's only your opinion. There are people about that can and will have serious side effects

Bolton

What will you do then?"

Don't think it is compulsory yet but I may be wrong but there are very serious side effects on a small number of children and even if it's one life, is that acceptable?

Bolton

There's no guarantee of no side effects in the future, it's been rushed that what concerns me

I don't think you can sue pharmaceutical companies either, so if you grow another head then as a side effect, then on your heads be it"

So Thalidomide never got sued?

South

What will you do then?

Don't think it is compulsory yet but I may be wrong but there are very serious side effects on a small number of children and even if it's one life, is that acceptable? "

As always it depends on the alternative risk .. in this case 500000 people have died if you also count the damage caused by lockdown this figure will multiply hugely. I would take the risk of an immunisation to enable the world to get back to pre covid. BUT would I immunise my children ... I don’t know

South

I don't think you can sue pharmaceutical companies either, so if you grow another head then as a side effect, then on your heads be it

So Thalidomide never got sued? "

Do we not think that science and medical safety has moved on since the 50/60s then?

Bolton

So Thalidomide never got sued?

Do we not think that science and medical safety has moved on since the 50/60s then? "

Can you absolutely guarantee that? Why would the vaccination manufacturers ask for legal immunity?

Exactly. People who refuse the vaccine are either operating on false information, or refusing out of pure Ego."

Or just scared and confused, wtf has ego got to do with it

Johnson said yesterday that Vaccines will not be mandatory as it is not the way we do it in this country.

He's an idiot, he's on now answering starmers questions, or not as the case maybe"

He is bright enough to have got elected.

By *ig9incherforuMan  over a year ago

Welwyn

The government will make it madatary... I for one will not be going anywhere near a vaccine this incompetent government are encouraging

Bolton

What will you do then?

Don't think it is compulsory yet but I may be wrong but there are very serious side effects on a small number of children and even if it's one life, is that acceptable?

As always it depends on the alternative risk .. in this case 500000 people have died if you also count the damage caused by lockdown this figure will multiply hugely. I would take the risk of an immunisation to enable the world to get back to pre covid. BUT would I immunise my children ... I don’t know "

The death figures of the effects of the lockdown will never be known

I appreciate what you're saying but a giant number of deaths are WITH Covid not because of Covid.

I'm this country alone, the death rate of SEPSIS is around 25,000 a year. It appears nobody is dying of sepsis now. What about all the other deaths? Dementia, cancer, old age, vehicle accidents etc.

My wife's cousin was taken into hospital with pneumonia 2 weeks ago. In less than 24 hours and died. Covid pneumonia apparently but gets buried straight away because no or very few post mortems are carried out.

There, especially in her case, no definitive cause of death.

I am NOT saying that it isn't a terrible virus but put into perspective.

The reason for the lockdown is NOT to stop/alter/prevent Covid in individuals. It is to, hopefully, prevent the NHS (others in other countries) from being overwhelmed with patients.

Covid is not going away. It won't burn out, become dormant or anything else.

Plus on the vaccination, no guarantee that all will not get it and there will be no long term side effects.

If you, meaning each and every individual, wants a vaccination, then go ahead. If you or anyone else doesn't, that's their choice.

It's crystal clear that no matter what decisions are made, there is always the media to stir up a frenzy.

No matter what, they'll always be someone who disagrees with a decision and the media will find that person and highlight their views irrespective whether it's right or wrong.

Personally, I don't have a problem with social distancing, in fact it's good at times but it's the social media that's whipping up frenzies and scaremongering.

Ok, at the moment, the trials are saying that an initial dose (or half) followed by a second some time later. Is that an absolute guarantee they don't then suggest a booster every few months?

We already see some people not wearing masks, what chances that they'll have an injection.

The biggest casualty of the situation is the economy..

Bolton

"The government will make it madatary... I for one will not be going anywhere near a vaccine this incompetent government are encouraging "

Well according to a previous post, they won't and I don't think they can. Human rights and all that unless of course, you have undisputable proof that it will be made mandatory.

Welwyn

"The government will make it madatary... I for one will not be going anywhere near a vaccine this incompetent government are encouraging

Well according to a previous post, they won't and I don't think they can. Human rights and all that unless of course, you have undisputable proof that it will be made mandatory.

"

Have a look at what happened in Norway!

Do you trust this government?

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc...

Bolton

"The government will make it madatary... I for one will not be going anywhere near a vaccine this incompetent government are encouraging

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc... "

Ah you've heard. That makes it true then?

Welwyn

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc... Ah you've heard. That makes it true then? "

Not saying it's true

Could happen be warned that's all

I will be getting it next month. We setting up logistics currently. It will be a data nightmare.

Bolton

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc... "

Vaccination is not compulsory/mandatory in Norway, and we do not expect that it will be so in the near future. This assessment is based upon the fact that the Norwegian population still seems to have awareness of the importance of personal freedom and individual rights. This assessment also stands despite the fact that the largest political party in Norway

Welwyn

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc...

Vaccination is not compulsory/mandatory in Norway, and we do not expect that it will be so in the near future. This assessment is based upon the fact that the Norwegian population still seems to have awareness of the importance of personal freedom and individual rights. This assessment also stands despite the fact that the largest political party in Norway"

You in Norway?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Or just scared and confused, wtf has ego got to do with it"

Nothing at all. It's also called freedom of choice.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

What will you do then?

As always it depends on the alternative risk .. in this case 500000 people have died if you also count the damage caused by lockdown this figure will multiply hugely. I would take the risk of an immunisation to enable the world to get back to pre covid. BUT would I immunise my children ... I don’t know

I appreciate what you're saying but a giant number of deaths are WITH Covid not because of Covid.

I'm this country alone, the death rate of SEPSIS is around 25,000 a year. It appears nobody is dying of sepsis now. What about all the other deaths? Dementia, cancer, old age, vehicle accidents etc.

My wife's cousin was taken into hospital with pneumonia 2 weeks ago. In less than 24 hours and died. Covid pneumonia apparently but gets buried straight away because no or very few post mortems are carried out.

The reason for the lockdown is NOT to stop/alter/prevent Covid in individuals. It is to, hopefully, prevent the NHS (others in other countries) from being overwhelmed with patients.

Plus on the vaccination, no guarantee that all will not get it and there will be no long term side effects.

If you, meaning each and every individual, wants a vaccination, then go ahead. If you or anyone else doesn't, that's their choice.

It's crystal clear that no matter what decisions are made, there is always the media to stir up a frenzy.

No matter what, they'll always be someone who disagrees with a decision and the media will find that person and highlight their views irrespective whether it's right or wrong.

Personally, I don't have a problem with social distancing, in fact it's good at times but it's the social media that's whipping up frenzies and scaremongering.

Ok, at the moment, the trials are saying that an initial dose (or half) followed by a second some time later. Is that an absolute guarantee they don't then suggest a booster every few months?

We already see some people not wearing masks, what chances that they'll have an injection.

"

The biggest casualty of the situation is people who have lost loved ones.

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc... Ah you've heard. That makes it true then?

Not saying it's true

Could happen be warned that's all "

It will happen, but I am sure they will have flights for people who don’t take the vaccine as well, they might be more expensive and the planes might be a bit shabby but needs must etc .

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Yes, will have to if I want to go back to work.

To be fair I've never had a bad reaction to any vaccinations for travelling to work abroad.

Only once, a good few years ago I had to get a cocktail of different jabs and it knocked me sideways for a few days, but fine after that.

If your certificate isn't up to date, you don't get in, simples....well unless you use the special 100 dollar certificate.

"The government will make it madatary... I for one will not be going anywhere near a vaccine this incompetent government are encouraging "

They can’t make it mandatory, but privately owned companies like airlines, concerts organisers, shops, restaurants, hotels, football teams, etc etc probably will

They can’t make it mandatory, but privately owned companies like airlines, concerts organisers, shops, restaurants, hotels, football teams, etc etc probably will "

The NHS, Will they treat you for covid if you've declined the vaccine?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

They can’t make it mandatory, but privately owned companies like airlines, concerts organisers, shops, restaurants, hotels, football teams, etc etc probably will

The NHS, Will they treat you for covid if you've declined the vaccine? "

Will they also treat smokers, drinkers etc?

merseyside

Will they also treat smokers, drinkers etc? "

Very true, they still treat smokers, drinkers, obese and ugly so why not vaccine dodgers.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Ugly ? Is there some medical guideline to define this ?

The NHS, Will they treat you for covid if you've declined the vaccine? "

Yes,

Yes, "

Very succinct and to the point

Very true, they still treat smokers, drinkers, obese and ugly so why not vaccine dodgers. "

Dodgers? It's a choice not a draft

ashford

What will you do then?

The biggest casualty of the situation is people who have lost loved ones."

Indeed! But not just from covid! Cancer suicide etc., as well x

I've heard that you will need to be vaccinated if you want to travel etc... Ah you've heard. That makes it true then?

Not saying it's true

It will happen, but I am sure they will have flights for people who don’t take the vaccine as well, they might be more expensive and the planes might be a bit shabby but needs must etc . "

Maybe those planes won’t have life vests under the seat because the passengers don’t believe in safety precautions.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"by the time it gets round to my turn i should imagine if there are any nasty side effects they would of shown themselves.so if its all good i will be rolling my sleeve up.if there are problems with it i wont be

That's part of my thinking too albeit it will be a bit sooner than yourself..

The oh is a nurse and is 50/50.."

Well that’s shame for your oh as healthcare professionals won’t get a choice.

Neither will any of us in the long run. It’s just a matter of time until we’re all given it whether we like it or not.

What will you do then?

The biggest casualty of the situation is people who have lost loved ones.

Indeed! But not just from covid! Cancer suicide etc., as well x"

Each death is tragic but how do we reduce the number of people from dying of cancer and suicides during a global pandemic ?

Not saying it's true

It will happen, but I am sure they will have flights for people who don’t take the vaccine as well, they might be more expensive and the planes might be a bit shabby but needs must etc .

Maybe those planes won’t have life vests under the seat because the passengers don’t believe in safety precautions."

Possibly, I expect Ryanair will find a solution,

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Very true, they still treat smokers, drinkers, obese and ugly so why not vaccine dodgers.

Dodgers? It's a choice not a draft"

Precisely.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I don't see how anyone will be able to avoid it really ? Also why people are objecting ? We would still have smallpox and a host of other things were it not for vaccinations and experimenting with vaccines .. yes I agree there are risks but doesn't the end justify the means in this case during a world pandemic ?

General thinking now suggests it's looking likely to be a requirement to have proof of being vaccinated be able to get into live events,venues and even holidays overseas eventually as the virus continues to impact us . I don't think anyone believes it will go away completely .

I'm wondering if in the future not being vaccinated might invalidate public liability / travel insurance etc ? Or perhaps those who can not show evidence of vaccination might not be allowed to go into restaurants ,ships,gyms etc .

It may be that they have to pay a higher premium for not getting vaccinated and posing a higher risk to everyone else maybe?

Of course people will still be able to make a choice about what goes into their bodies etc ..though I would suggest those people will one day need to be living off grid in the hills and mountains if that is what they want to do .

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I don't see how anyone will be able to avoid it really ? Also why people are objecting ? We would still have smallpox and a host of other things were it not for vaccinations and experimenting with vaccines .. yes I agree there are risks but doesn't the end justify the means in this case during a world pandemic ?

General thinking now suggests it's looking likely to be a requirement to have proof of being vaccinated be able to get into live events,venues and even holidays overseas eventually as the virus continues to impact us . I don't think anyone believes it will go away completely .

I'm wondering if in the future not being vaccinated might invalidate public liability / travel insurance etc ? Or perhaps those who can not show evidence of vaccination might not be allowed to go into restaurants ,ships,gyms etc .

It may be that they have to pay a higher premium for not getting vaccinated and posing a higher risk to everyone else maybe?

Of course people will still be able to make a choice about what goes into their bodies etc ..though I would suggest those people will one day need to be living off grid in the hills and mountains if that is what they want to do .

"

So, you are advocating those who don't want or can't have the vaccine for medical reasons to be totally ostracised from the rest of society then? Nice. And here's me thinking we live in a civilised,free society, clearly I'm wrong according to your last sentence and some of the comments on this thread.

"I don't see how anyone will be able to avoid it really ? Also why people are objecting ? We would still have smallpox and a host of other things were it not for vaccinations and experimenting with vaccines .. yes I agree there are risks but doesn't the end justify the means in this case during a world pandemic ?

So, you are advocating those who don't want or can't have the vaccine for medical reasons to be totally ostracised from the rest of society then? Nice. And here's me thinking we live in a civilised,free society, clearly I'm wrong according to your last sentence and some of the comments on this thread. "

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccine, it is your own personal choice, just like it is the choice of private companies to refuse you if they decide that vaccination is required . I very much doubt this will apply to people who have a medical condition that stops them taking the vaccine though

So, you are advocating those who don't want or can't have the vaccine for medical reasons to be totally ostracised from the rest of society then? Nice. And here's me thinking we live in a civilised,free society, clearly I'm wrong according to your last sentence and some of the comments on this thread.

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccine, it is your own personal choice, just like it is the choice of private companies to refuse you if they decide that vaccination is required . I very much doubt this will apply to people who have a medical condition that stops them taking the vaccine though "

I find myself agreeing with you again, however I did agree with piers morgan awhile ago

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccine, it is your own personal choice, just like it is the choice of private companies to refuse you if they decide that vaccination is required . I very much doubt this will apply to people who have a medical condition that stops them taking the vaccine though

I find myself agreeing with you again, however I did agree with piers morgan awhile ago"

I once liked a tweet he made, I felt dirty for a week afterwards . Sometimes people you don’t like are right, it doesn’t stop them from being a cunt though

merseyside

"Ugly ? Is there some medical guideline to define this ?"

Yes, one look at me and you could bang a paper in the Lancet. ??????

stafford

So, you are advocating those who don't want or can't have the vaccine for medical reasons to be totally ostracised from the rest of society then? Nice. And here's me thinking we live in a civilised,free society, clearly I'm wrong according to your last sentence and some of the comments on this thread. "

Actually to an extent that's what I am saying ! Btw who mentioned ' medical reasons' ? Not sure what you mean by that ? If someone can't have a vaccine I guess eventually different strains will be developed so that they can .we do that with anyone allergic to penicillin now don't we! though blatant refusal ' my right and all that ' would not be a reason to be exempted in my book. It's for the greater good and principles really don't come into it as far as I see ?

Why should anyone risk being in the same place as someone who has not been vaccinated or protected in some way ?

Why should I have to run the risk of shutting down again? Surely that's unfair ? Similarly why should the owner of a pub,restaurant ,club,airline ,holiday resort etc run the risk of having to shut down because they have to let people who refuse a vaccination in)on ?

There are many other situations where the risk assessment side of keeping a business open and profitable will eventually mean people will need to prove they are healthy to be allowed in to anywhere ..even swinging . Who will want to run the risk of playing with someone who has refused to be protected against a world pandemic? As that will directly / could end up with them losing their business perhaps ?

It's not ' ostracising' it's plain common business sense ..

No one is going to risk having their businesses shut down again after this are they ? If it can be avoided ? .. so eventually I think in time this is what may happen . We will all need to prove we are virus protected or we simply won't be getting in .

Bolton

I find myself agreeing with you again, however I did agree with piers morgan awhile ago"

merseyside

Dodgers? It's a choice not a draft

Precisely. "

Sadly, not for Paul.

Its jabs or no travel.

Its something he's used to after all this time.

Dont see it as a draft it's part of the job.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I read an interesting report yesterday regarding the process the Oxford vaccine went through.

It seems that the carrier virus used is one that has been used extremely successfully in the past and was under test for MERS.

The clever part is that the carrier virus can be modified to suit many virus and the team had it ready waiting for a situation such as Covid 19.

By all counts, within 2 weeks of the gene sequence being published in January, the team had the vaccine ready.

Since then, they have ramped up production in readiness and completed clinical trials with more people than any other trial previous.

On the basis that this is a harmless carrier virus with, for all intents, spike protein stuck to it to make it resemble Covid 19 virus, there should be no significant side effects beyond the normal bodies reaction to any viral threat.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

south birmingham

no thanks, selfish nappy wearers can go ahead tho.

no thanks, selfish nappy wearers can go ahead tho."

Haha, nappy wearers? Why don’t people round your area buy masks instead

Latest news is that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are not proven (yet?) to prevent a vaccinated individual from spreading COVID.

For those who imagine having ‘vaccinated status’ makes them somehow ‘superior’ to those who can’t or won’t accept the vaccine... how would being vaccinated actually make you any different to the non vaccinated (other than by size of your ego?)

stafford

no thanks, selfish nappy wearers can go ahead tho."

Then you won't be planning on going to any concerts,clubs, ,resturants or travelling anywhere outside the country for a bit then whilst all the nappy wearers enjoy themselves and feel a bit safer and happier?

Or .. ?

"Latest news is that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are not proven (yet?) to prevent a vaccinated individual from spreading COVID.

For those who imagine having ‘vaccinated status’ makes them somehow ‘superior’ to those who can’t or won’t accept the vaccine... how would being vaccinated actually make you any different to the non vaccinated (other than by size of your ego?) "

For those who imagine having ‘non vaccinated status’ makes them rebellious and edgy to those who will have the vaccine, how will not being vaccinated actually help the country and the world move on from this pandemic and help size lives.

Then you won't be planning on going to any concerts,clubs, ,resturants or travelling anywhere outside the country for a bit then whilst all the nappy wearers enjoy themselves and feel a bit safer and happier?

Or .. ?

"

Don’t be to harsh, these poor people thought that you had to wear a nappy and not a mask, no wonder they are confused

stafford

"Latest news is that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are not proven (yet?) to prevent a vaccinated individual from spreading COVID.

For those who imagine having ‘vaccinated status’ makes them somehow ‘superior’ to those who can’t or won’t accept the vaccine... how would being vaccinated actually make you any different to the non vaccinated (other than by size of your ego?) "

To be clear it doesn't make anyone feel ' superior'ifbthevfet vaccinated .. what it does and will do is keep a lookout t of businesses from having to close down again due to people being infected ,it will stop the issues surrounding peoples mental health due to being prisoners in their own homes...maybe even stop a few suicides too! ..and just generally letting life go back to normal for people who can all live in relative safety and not fear being less than 2 metres from someone they don't know .

That's all

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"

Yes, I read about that a few days ago. So if you're vaccinated you're protecting yourself but not others. It'll only work if most people have it then?

I find myself agreeing with you again, however I did agree with piers morgan awhile ago

I once liked a tweet he made, I felt dirty for a week afterwards . Sometimes people you don’t like are right, it doesn’t stop them from being a cunt though "

I agree........

Bolton

Or .. ?

"

Pure speculation.. Try to put some FACTS into what you're saying not YOUR opinion

By *arkman90Man  over a year ago

BLOOMSBURY

Do anyone know about free a anti body test in London?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Not yet sure..

I hope you find it

Please explain"

I posted a link to the Midlands traffic police, on a post about road safety. Fab deemed it not to be in thier approved list, so it was removed.

the wetlands

"Not yet sure..

I hope you find it

Please explain"

Do you mean you haven't read the forum rules ??

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Even with the technology we have today and the strict regulations on testing vaccines, my gut feeling it's all a bit to rushed. Science may be fast but human bodies are fragile and don't keep up with science.

It could play out like the film I am Legend.

It only takes one little missed factor in the testing or something materialises that causes a bad side effect.

Have they had long enough to test on pregnant women of all ethnic backgrounds?

Could it be a placebo to encourage everyone back to normality and let the original plan of herd immunity to take effect.

Ok if the country is vaccinated but the rest of the world needs to be too especially if travel is still happening.

My opinion keep to current restriction s till spring and reasses.

Then think about applying a vaccine if at all.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

I read an interview with the Dr leading the Oxford lab, she said that several years ago, they decided that there was a very strong chance that the next big virus would be one transmitted from animals to humans.

Her and her team started working on a vaccine, they worked on building a vaccine that was ready to host the virus once it had identified.

She went onto say that this gave them a massive head start, she went on to say that the system for testing and approval was streamlined due to the fact that governments and private companies pooled resources and threw money at the problem.

She was adamant that no short cuts were taken and that all testing was full and stringent rules were followed.

The article was on the sky news website.

I will be vaccinated and in the second quota to be vaccinated. My family will also be vaccinated when there time comes. Ironically my son was the age when everyone was being knobs over the MMR vaccine and it’s as a no brainer for me as I’m pro vaccine being from a medical background. Interestingly it’s been proven the ones who have not had MMR are getting worse side effects from COVID

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

I'll be first in the queue if I can

"I read an interview with the Dr leading the Oxford lab, she said that several years ago, they decided that there was a very strong chance that the next big virus would be one transmitted from animals to humans.

Her and her team started working on a vaccine, they worked on building a vaccine that was ready to host the virus once it had identified.

She went onto say that this gave them a massive head start, she went on to say that the system for testing and approval was streamlined due to the fact that governments and private companies pooled resources and threw money at the problem.

She was adamant that no short cuts were taken and that all testing was full and stringent rules were followed.

The article was on the sky news website. "

Wow despite all this they still ‘accidentally’ have the wrong dose to trial volunteers. If they can’t get it right under the tight conditions a trial is SUPPOSED to be carried out under, what hope is there?

Central

Yes, I read about that a few days ago. So if you're vaccinated you're protecting yourself but not others. It'll only work if most people have it then?"

We've got to see the full published trial results, to get a clearer understanding of its effects

"I will be vaccinated and in the second quota to be vaccinated. My family will also be vaccinated when there time comes. Ironically my son was the age when everyone was being knobs over the MMR vaccine and it’s as a no brainer for me as I’m pro vaccine being from a medical background. Interestingly it’s been proven the ones who have not had MMR are getting worse side effects from COVID "

Really? Can you point to the evidence for that? I have heard similar anecdotal claims about the BCG vaccine but not aware of any proof as yet.

Back when I worked on cancer vaccines, I was testing BCG as an adjuvant for the vaccine and found it enhanced the immunogenicity of the vaccine.

So here is something of interest

Researchers Warn of Heightened Risk of HIV With Certain COVID-19 Vaccines

From past research on an Ad5-vector (like the Oxford one) based HIV vaccine

“ Participants with high frequencies of preimmunisation Ad5-specific T cells were associated with a decreased magnitude of HIV-specific CD4 responses and recipients of the vaccine had a decreased breadth of HIV-specific CD8 responses, suggesting that pre-existing Ad5 immunity might dampen desired vaccine-induced responses.”

If we expect a vaccination programme to deliver a certain level of protection, how might this be affected if some have dampened

immune responses due to pre existing Ad5 immunity?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I wont b no x"
Same here

Central

"So here is something of interest

“ Participants with high frequencies of preimmunisation Ad5-specific T cells were associated with a decreased magnitude of HIV-specific CD4 responses and recipients of the vaccine had a decreased breadth of HIV-specific CD8 responses, suggesting that pre-existing Ad5 immunity might dampen desired vaccine-induced responses.”

If we expect a vaccination programme to deliver a certain level of protection, how might this be affected if some have dampened

immune responses due to pre existing Ad5 immunity? "

That's what the trials are for, to monitor how different population types respond to the vaccine. They have been taking blood samples through the trial from all of them, as well as recording any Sars cov 2 infections. Some people may have AD5 type immunity, especially older people. Ultimately it's the end results that show effectiveness, which will likely include some with this. The Oxford team are fully aware of the AD5 immunity aspects. I'm assuming that this will be within their submissions, so that those interested are able to learn how this relates to the results.

I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methods

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

immune responses due to pre existing Ad5 immunity? "

You seem to have missed the part that states this research was carried out over ten years ago and that the concerns are mitigated by the selective use of mRNA vaccines which weren't available at the time.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methods"

I am I am intrigued. Are there some natural alternatives?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Sign me up my sleeves rolled up and ready

the wetlands

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methods

"

Lockdowns

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methods"

The only 'natural' way to get immunity is to contract covid and hope you don't die from it...

What the vaccines do is remove the chance you are going to die but still teach your body how to detect the virus... In a 'natural' way

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methods

"

Natural antibiotic foods... Garlic, Onions & Ginger + plus high nutrition food regime + natural antibac... Alcohol, preferably Vodka

By *al-TeaserCouple  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"I work for a funeral service on night shifts, our company are trying to encourage the staff to have it. But considering the amount of unfortunate deaths over the last few months, I’ve been lucky enough and fortunate enough to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis. As regards of the vaccine, I don’t much trust it ? Like the numbers they are coming out with people who have had it, I want to know the big details, who they tested, previously having COVID? Have COVID currently ? Fit and healthy? Health conditions & overweight ? Until they give factual numbers out and it looks legit then I may just consider it! "

Stoke-on-Trent

Natural antibiotic foods... Garlic, Onions & Ginger + plus high nutrition food regime + natural antibac... Alcohol, preferably Vodka

"

Stoke-on-Trent

I once liked a tweet he made, I felt dirty for a week afterwards . Sometimes people you don’t like are right, it doesn’t stop them from being a cunt though

I agree........ "

Stoke-on-Trent

Hiya

Some real good points stated x

I work in community care and reablement for the public sector so I will have the vaccine, hopefully it'll protect myself and others. Also, my employer will probably insist on it if I want to keep my job - which I like and have had for nearly 16 years xx

Teaser xx

I also like alternative methods

Central

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methodsI also like alternative methods "

If those alternatives have been subject to gold standard level research evaluation, then they are great to look at.

It's right that we stay open-minded and use what's going to work. In the meantime, if we maintain a healthy diet, exercise well and regularly, minimisie stress and other staple aspects of personal care, we can face the winter well.

"I'm a little iffy tbh...side affects and all that, I defo won't be for awhile if I do at all. I rely on natural alternative methodsI also like alternative methods

If those alternatives have been subject to gold standard level research evaluation, then they are great to look at.

It's right that we stay open-minded and use what's going to work. In the meantime, if we maintain a healthy diet, exercise well and regularly, minimisie stress and other staple aspects of personal care, we can face the winter well. "

That is right, by doing all that and to work on the immune system, all helps with it

south birmingham

Haha, nappy wearers? Why don’t people round your area buy masks instead "

They do, mugs.

south birmingham

Or .. ?

"

no, are you?. Think beyond the box, get with the beat baggy

south birmingham

"Not yet sure..

I hope you find it

Please explain

You can't post links to medical or scientific information or you'll get a ban unfortunately."

Thats true.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The only 'natural' way to get immunity is to contract covid and hope you don't die from it...

What the vaccines do is remove the chance you are going to die but still teach your body how to detect the virus... In a 'natural' way"

immune responses due to pre existing Ad5 immunity?

You seem to have missed the part that states this research was carried out over ten years ago and that the concerns are mitigated by the selective use of mRNA vaccines which weren't available at the time. "

Sorry what's the connection between the oxford Ad5 vector vaccine and other mRNA vaccines? How would the latter mitigate concerns with Ad5 vaccines- unless you mean by ditching them in favour of mRNA vaccines.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I am old & not in good health so will get the vaccine as soon as I can. the risk from Covid is far higher than any risk from a vaccination.

By *jl1972Man  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Dodgers? It's a choice not a draft"

Yes, a very selfish one that has no consideration of other people.

I can understand peoples concerns but if they make it that you need the vac to be able to travel like what Quantas airline is doing or places where there are large crowds what choice do we have unless we just stay local and don't go out ?

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I will be the first in the queue

the wetlands

"I can understand peoples concerns but if they make it that you need the vac to be able to travel like what Quantas airline is doing or places where there are large crowds what choice do we have unless we just stay local and don't go out ? "

It's very unlikely vaccine will be compulsory and also very unlikely that people refusing it will be discriminated against in the long term but they may find things difficult for a few years until it all settles down again.

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Quantas. airline have said no vaccine then-no air travel pure and simple

Also watched a documentary here that say the vaccine has in it an ingredient that can make some people sterile so if you are thinking of starting a family you best get on with it sooner rather than later

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Quantas. airline have said no vaccine then-no air travel pure and simple

Also watched a documentary here that say the vaccine has in it an ingredient that can make some people sterile so if you are thinking of starting a family you best get on with it sooner rather than later

"

Go on, which documentary?

I don't think I will be.

It's been made way too fast,some take years.

How do I know if they'll be any side effects later down the road.....I just don't know if I'm going to take the chance.

By *abrielleroselaceyTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester & Gran Canaria

let's face it, anti-vaccers are going to be restricted from travel. Once a vaccine is available and every country accepts it that is going to be the criteria for travel.

By *abrielleroselaceyTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester & Gran Canaria

Just think of it like alcohol or tobacco or cannabis or cocaine or any other substance.

People know that these things have a negative effect on the body but voluntarily use them.

Many hings have been promoted without knowing the lasing effects, and remember, you have a finite life. live for now, if the vaccine gives you back today, fuck tomorrow.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I can understand peoples concerns but if they make it that you need the vac to be able to travel like what Quantas airline is doing or places where there are large crowds what choice do we have unless we just stay local and don't go out ?

It's very unlikely vaccine will be compulsory and also very unlikely that people refusing it will be discriminated against in the long term but they may find things difficult for a few years until it all settles down again."

Agreed. But then I'd rather stay in the UK and help to boost our own economy too.

By *arried bi2Couple  over a year ago

leeds

This is the biggest breakthrough since penecillin no vaccine is 100% it's the only way out of this nightmare please everyone get the vaccine from a very tired nurse

By *atural_born_thriller_xMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

Why would anyone not want it ? After having a test and the burning sensation of that cotton bud i even volunteered x

I’m a healthcare worker and have just filled out my consent form. I will hopefully be vaccinated before the end of the year.

My reasons are simple.

A) The vulnerable clients I care for

B) I want my life back

Miss V

Bolton

"Why would anyone not want it ? After having a test and the burning sensation of that cotton bud i even volunteered x "

Some people can't have any injections and I've yet to find any drug/medicine or injections that don't have side effects. It's weighing up the dangers of the virus and the dangers of the possible cure.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Its the legal immunity of tbis vaccination tbat concerns me "

Yes. Think Thalidomide

Bolton

"Being purely selfish I want it to be thoroughly tested and side effects to be thoroughly investigated before I would even consider it.

For a tried and tested vaccine on a health side I would rather the vulnerable have it first then me as they are more susceptible to covid complications so there is enough vaccine to go around. That would change as I got older though.

It has been thoroughly tested."

And any LONG TERM side effects?

Legal immunity?

How come they'd been working on the vaccine in January when it wasn't declared a pandemic until March?

It has been thoroughly tested.

And any LONG TERM side effects?

Legal immunity?

How come they'd been working on the vaccine in January when it wasn't declared a pandemic until March? "

The only way your body would develop a natural immunity would be if you actually catch the virus - the impact of that is something that’s even less predictable than the long term effect of a vaccine.

You can’t get immunity without being exposed to it.