FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Just been tested positive

Just been tested positive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nticeyou OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich

found out yesterday that I was in contact with someone with it ,.

Now apparantly I’m positive but am completely asymptomatic for now .... fingers crossed that doesn’t change ,,,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Do you mean you've been tested and it came back positive? Or you've been told to consider yourself as having it?

Norwich

I’ve been tested and it came back positive

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We’ll send a guard over with a pitch fork & lantern to make sure you stay put . Also paint a big red X on your door , remember you’re in Norfolk

Norwich

Haha no guard necessary .. I’m not going anywhere ! Lol

But the pitchforks and cross is a sensible Idea lol ??

"Haha no guard necessary .. I’m not going anywhere ! Lol

But the pitchforks and cross is a sensible Idea lol ?? "

Hope all’s well OP keep your chin up

Norwich

Hope all’s well OP keep your chin up "

Thanks ..

the crazy thing is I have no symptoms at all.. feel like a fraud ..

Thanks ..

the crazy thing is I have no symptoms at all.. feel like a fraud .. "

We’ve had family the same , wouldn’t have known until tested , only on the temperature check did it raise suspicion

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Thanks ..

We’ve had family the same , wouldn’t have known until tested , only on the temperature check did it raise suspicion "

Good luck with it op. Its a very strange disease. I was just reading on the BBC about golfer Greg Norman being in hospital with it in excruciating pain...such different experiences for each person.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Thanks ..

We’ve had family the same , wouldn’t have known until tested , only on the temperature check did it raise suspicion

Good luck with it op. Its a very strange disease. I was just reading on the BBC about golfer Greg Norman being in hospital with it in excruciating pain...such different experiences for each person. "

Different strains maybe ?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 18:25:26]

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Yeh that minister got it and felt unwell for a week, gave it to Borris who ended up in intensive care. She also gave it to her 84 year old wheelchair bound mother, who didn’t feel well for an afternoon, then was totally fine.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey

Hope all’s well OP keep your chin up "

Tin town

"Yeh that minister got it and felt unwell for a week, gave it to Borris who ended up in intensive care. She also gave it to her 84 year old wheelchair bound mother, who didn’t feel well for an afternoon, then was totally fine."

I hadn't heard that story. But it does seem to have such different impacts on different people..... Good to hear an 84 year old recovered. Probably shutting herself some of the hit squad on these fora were out to put her down.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I’ve been tested and it came back positive "

I thought you have to have symptoms before you were eligible for a free NHS test ? maybe you had a private one OP?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

" found out yesterday that I was in contact with someone with it ,.

Now apparantly I’m positive but am completely asymptomatic for now .... fingers crossed that doesn’t change ,,, "

I hope you only get a light touch of it and it doesn't spread any further in your circle.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

You cannot be sure at all how it will impact you or if you will catch it, or be asymptomatic.

A family member who lives with a vulnerable much older family member developed minor symptoms and then tested positive, the older family member tested negative.

I can't possibly understand how but there it is.

They shared a bathroom, ate meals together and shared all living spaces apart from bedrooms in a small home.

They separated themselves after the younger person tested positive, a test was sent to the house for the older person who tested negative, they both isolated and then that was the end of it.

As it is so infectious it's just hard to understand how the vulnerable older person didn't catch it. But I'm really glad they didn't.

"We’ll send a guard over with a pitch fork & lantern to make sure you stay put . Also paint a big red X on your door , remember you’re in Norfolk "

Lol

Derry

"You cannot be sure at all how it will impact you or if you will catch it, or be asymptomatic.

A family member who lives with a vulnerable much older family member developed minor symptoms and then tested positive, the older family member tested negative.

I can't possibly understand how but there it is.

They shared a bathroom, ate meals together and shared all living spaces apart from bedrooms in a small home.

They separated themselves after the younger person tested positive, a test was sent to the house for the older person who tested negative, they both isolated and then that was the end of it.

As it is so infectious it's just hard to understand how the vulnerable older person didn't catch it. But I'm really glad they didn't."

There does seem to be so many different variables which might effect how badly you are affected by it.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I’ve been tested and it came back positive

I thought you have to have symptoms before you were eligible for a free NHS test ? maybe you had a private one OP? "

No, if the app shows you've been near someone who tested postive you are instructed to take a test.

Now apparantly I’m positive but am completely asymptomatic for now .... fingers crossed that doesn’t change ,,, "

And you had a meet a week ago. Really sensible then!!

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Some blood groups reported as more vulnerable..

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" if the app shows you've been near someone who tested postive you are instructed to take a test."

Yet if you live with someone who tests positive you don't need to take a test. You just quarantine. Very confusing.

I thought you have to have symptoms before you were eligible for a free NHS test ? maybe you had a private one OP?

No, if the app shows you've been near someone who tested postive you are instructed to take a test."

Are you sure about that ? I thought from friends ,who have been notified in the same circumstances as the OP ,that the notification was to isolate not instruct you to take a test .

Thanks ..

I had it too and was exactly the same scenario. I kept waking up each day expecting to feel awful.. I developed a sore back for a couple of days and that was it. I've had worse colds.

Now the NHS want my platelets!

I hope it remains this way for you and you have all you need to be able to isolate comfortably. X

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

" if the app shows you've been near someone who tested postive you are instructed to take a test.

Yet if you live with someone who tests positive you don't need to take a test. You just quarantine. Very confusing. "

exactly. 3 of my granddaughters classmates, had it. The school sent her home as a precaution and when my daughter rang 111 to ask if my granddaughter should then be tested they said unless she has any of the main symptoms do not take her for a test. She was, told to just isolate unless any symptom later came out then go for a test

Leeds

"

Are you sure about that ? I thought from friends ,who have been notified in the same circumstances as the OP ,that the notification was to isolate not instruct you to take a test . "

Someone in my daughter's bubble of 15 at college tested positive and she was instructed to quarantine. No mention of having a test.

By *anatthetopMan  over a year ago

Kent

Now apparantly I’m positive but am completely asymptomatic for now .... fingers crossed that doesn’t change ,,,

And you had a meet a week ago. Really sensible then!!"

Hahahaha.

If the id10t5 that ate bats in China had acted responsibly by not mixing with others, we could have been fine now. But if all of us have been acting responsibly by not meeting and mixing with ourselves for a period of time in other to break the circuit, we could have been in a better position as we speak.

For, even if you like, make that pussy gold plated, I am not meeting anyone. Don't visit me, I won't visit you. The last 2 weeks were damn scary even with my asymptomatic encounter.

Who on earth want to be thinking of what happens to their family after a sudden demise?

Safety it is for me first.

For the last 2 weeks, my cock won't even go hard. I bet that is a symptom on its own that is now mentioned to the general public.

I was told to isolate not to get a test, however because of the rules in my sons school I needed a negative test before they could go to school (even though I was told they didn't need to isolate.) I got a test without any symptoms and I am glad I did or they could have gone into school with it.

I don't know how it works down south but here, if you ask for a test you get it

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

You can all live together and only 1 of you gets covid ,how does that happen when its meant to transmitted easy ..

Leeds

My son tested positive and definitely had it as he had a weird fuzzy feeling in his head for four days. We continued living as a family, cooking together and sitting round the table. I didn't disinfect door handles or light switches etc. My daughter and I never caught it.

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

3 of my bubble tested positive yesterday ive been refused a test as no symptoms

By *each_PittWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Thanks ..

My friend was the same but boy did she milk it. She refers to herself as a survivor.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"3 of my bubble tested positive yesterday ive been refused a test as no symptoms "

Same in Lincoln, if you have no symptoms even if your housemates are positive they will not test anyone.

Seems that it varies so much across the country, seems to depend on the people on NHS 111 or the testing staff.

No consistency, but then what do you expect !!!!!

Galaxy Far Far Away

No, if the app shows you've been near someone who tested postive you are instructed to take a test.

Are you sure about that ? I thought from friends ,who have been notified in the same circumstances as the OP ,that the notification was to isolate not instruct you to take a test . "

Yes I'm sure...happened to me recently

This ^^^

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I thought you have to have symptoms before you were eligible for a free NHS test ? maybe you had a private one OP? "

no they are testing asymptomatic people now too.. hence the huge rise in positive cases.

There are 3 testing centres near me that are for those without tests only.

And regardless if someone tests positive that you have been close to symptoms or not your supposed to get tested

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It depends where you are, some areas are now testing asymptomatic individuals. For example the 7 worst boroughs in London, all secondary school children and their families can go for a test without showing symptoms. They are trying to ascertain how bad the situation is in schools and whether it is one of the causes of the spread of the new variant, with or without symptoms

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I get tested routinely at work once a week as do all my workmates.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Shit time to get it with hospitals being near full.

Hopefully you will be ok.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Thanks ..

I'd not expect symptoms in 24 hours. Many diseases are invisible and without symptoms too.

Happy to share through pm if interested though

Leeds

So why bother doing mass testing in Liverpool and at all universities to try and find asymptomatic people ?

Exactly

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

A study showed that an infected person would infect their spouse 36% of the time, another member of the household 17% of the time. It they were asymptomatic then there was only a 0.7% chance of infecting another member of the household.

"A study showed that an infected person would infect their spouse 36% of the time, another member of the household 17% of the time. It they were asymptomatic then there was only a 0.7% chance of infecting another member of the household."

Inaccurate report sorry

Very very very very very rare. Certainly not enough to fuel an epidemic. Thats just the nature of viruses. According to thousands of virologists and epidemiologists. I'm neither. Just referencing their knowledge

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Thanks ..

Good luck with it op. Its a very strange disease. I was just reading on the BBC about golfer Greg Norman being in hospital with it in excruciating pain...such different experiences for each person. "

It’s probably not strange at all.. for any other disease we only test when someone shows symptoms but we almost certainly pick up diseases all the time which our immune system quietly deal with... lots of factors come into play... initial viral dose, site of infection, health of immune system, previous exposure to similar pathogens.

Good luck OP

By *iddylad87Man  over a year ago

kidderminster

Would it be wrong of my “friend” to tell his boss that I, I mean he has tested positive so he gets 2 weeks off

Leeds

"Would it be wrong of my “friend” to tell his boss that I, I mean he has tested positive so he gets 2 weeks off "

Surely your boss would need to see the positive result

By *iddylad87Man  over a year ago

kidderminster

"Would it be wrong of my “friend” to tell his boss that I, I mean he has tested positive so he gets 2 weeks off

Surely your boss would need to see the positive result"

I dunno is that how it works?

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Very very very very very rare. Certainly not enough to fuel an epidemic. Thats just the nature of viruses. According to thousands of virologists and epidemiologists. I'm neither. Just referencing their knowledge "

I really don't understand people who put false information out... At best it's confusing, at worse, your post could be lethal...

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Would it be wrong of my “friend” to tell his boss that I, I mean he has tested positive so he gets 2 weeks off

I dunno is that how it works? "

Well as a boss it would depend on the employee.. I don’t have any staff I would need to ask at present, if I had staff I needed to ask for proof they should really already be giving considering to finding their next job...!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Hope you shake it off soon OP.

The British Medical Journal article of the 21st December is the most up to date information I can find on asymptomatic Covid, for those interested.

Hope you say well OP.

Thanks ..

True, ur not the only one saying that

"Very very very very very rare. Certainly not enough to fuel an epidemic. Thats just the nature of viruses. According to thousands of virologists and epidemiologists. I'm neither. Just referencing their knowledge

I really don't understand people who put false information out... At best it's confusing, at worse, your post could be lethal..."

Lethal?? You don't have to believe me. Your perogative x

Tonbridge

"A study showed that an infected person would infect their spouse 36% of the time, another member of the household 17% of the time. It they were asymptomatic then there was only a 0.7% chance of infecting another member of the household.

Inaccurate report sorry "

Take a look at: Household Transmission of SARS-CoV-2A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis

Zachary J. Madewell, PhD1; Yang Yang, PhD1; Ira

Where you will find the figures I quoted.

Note their words "We found significantly higher secondary attack rates from symptomatic index cases than asymptomatic or presymptomatic index cases, although less data were available on the latter. The lack of substantial transmission from observed asymptomatic index cases is notable."

Norwich

"Hope you say well OP."

Thanks

Norwich

"Hope you shake it off soon OP. "

Thanks

Norwich

"A study showed that an infected person would infect their spouse 36% of the time, another member of the household 17% of the time. It they were asymptomatic then there was only a 0.7% chance of infecting another member of the household."

Hi, where is this study please ?

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

Different strains maybe ?"

More likely to be viral load and individual immune response.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

I dunno is that how it works?

Well as a boss it would depend on the employee.. I don’t have any staff I would need to ask at present, if I had staff I needed to ask for proof they should really already be giving considering to finding their next job...!"

Problem is medical confidentiality, I don't know how it would stand in law, after all it would be like asking for results of cancer, hiv etc

Tonbridge

"A study showed that an infected person would infect their spouse 36% of the time, another member of the household 17% of the time. It they were asymptomatic then there was only a 0.7% chance of infecting another member of the household.

Hi, where is this study please ? "

Take a look at: Household Transmission of SARS-CoV-2A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis

Tonbridge

"The British Medical Journal article of the 21st December is the most up to date information I can find on asymptomatic Covid, for those interested."

All I find in the BMJ is discussion of a Wuhan trial where they tested 10 million residents, found 300 asymptomatic positive pcr test cases. None of the 300 produced viable live virus and none had infected a family member or close contact.

Norwich

"The British Medical Journal article of the 21st December is the most up to date information I can find on asymptomatic Covid, for those interested.

All I find in the BMJ is discussion of a Wuhan trial where they tested 10 million residents, found 300 asymptomatic positive pcr test cases. None of the 300 produced viable live virus and none had infected a family member or close contact."

Just read the wuhan trial, Thankyou ..

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Some info from BMJ

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851

hiding from cock pics.

Take a look at: Household Transmission of SARS-CoV-2A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis"

That's really interesting as I thought if you were asymptomatic you had the same chance of affecting someone and that's why it is so important to social distance.

Obviously there will be also people who will be presymptomatic, and not yet developed symptoms, that fall into a separate bracket, but it is interesting to know that asymptomatic people have less chance of infecting others and therefore th don't contribute as highly as symptomatic people to raising the r number.

Tin town

That's really interesting as I thought if you were asymptomatic you had the same chance of affecting someone and that's why it is so important to social distance.

Obviously there will be also people who will be presymptomatic, and not yet developed symptoms, that fall into a separate bracket, but it is interesting to know that asymptomatic people have less chance of infecting others and therefore th don't contribute as highly as symptomatic people to raising the r number."

Maybe it's time to review the testing strategy and identify separately symptomatic and asymptomatic. As it may appear a stadium full of asymptomatic infected people may be very low risk in terms of spreading the infection.

Or... A class full of asymptomatic kids... A more practical example.

The approach seems a bit scatter gun to me and more aimed at getting the number tested ever higher. Perhaps a different approach now would be better.

Norwich

And you had a meet a week ago. Really sensible then!!"

Just for the record.... I didn’t have a need a week ago.. the review is from an old friend who has just joined ..

I haven’t met anyone during this covid year ...

Derry

"The British Medical Journal article of the 21st December is the most up to date information I can find on asymptomatic Covid, for those interested.

All I find in the BMJ is discussion of a Wuhan trial where they tested 10 million residents, found 300 asymptomatic positive pcr test cases. None of the 300 produced viable live virus and none had infected a family member or close contact.

"

OP, for your safety and others please treat yourself as infectious.

hiding from cock pics.

Obviously there will be also people who will be presymptomatic, and not yet developed symptoms, that fall into a separate bracket, but it is interesting to know that asymptomatic people have less chance of infecting others and therefore th don't contribute as highly as symptomatic people to raising the r number.

Maybe it's time to review the testing strategy and identify separately symptomatic and asymptomatic. As it may appear a stadium full of asymptomatic infected people may be very low risk in terms of spreading the infection.

Or... A class full of asymptomatic kids... A more practical example.

The approach seems a bit scatter gun to me and more aimed at getting the number tested ever higher. Perhaps a different approach now would be better. "

It's difficult until after the quarantine period though as someone who is a symptomatic could actually be presymptomatic ( I think)

Norwich

OP, for your safety and others please treat yourself as infectious."

Don’t you worry about that.. I’m isolating front he world ...

)

The thing that scares me most is that if I hadn’t been in contact with someone who had a routine test at work, I would have never been tested abs would still be living a normal life ..

Norwich

I think you are right...

There is so much that we don’t know ..

Will I get symptoms ?? Won’t I ?

Am I contagious ?

When will I stop being contagious? If I am

When will I have no virus in my body?

At what point can it be deemed I’m safe again. ?

Galaxy Far Far Away

Are you sure about that ? I thought from friends ,who have been notified in the same circumstances as the OP ,that the notification was to isolate not instruct you to take a test .

Yes I'm sure...happened to me recently"

Just received a message telling me this this is incorrect information and I shouldn't have posted it. Just confirming again that this is correct from personal experience and it would appear other peoples experiences are different to mine.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Just received a message telling me this this is incorrect information and I shouldn't have posted it. Just confirming again that this is correct from personal experience and it would appear other peoples experiences are different to mine."

My son lives with his dad and stepmum. They've both tested positive over the last few days and my son, his stepbrother and sons girlfriend who lives with them are all being tested within the next hour despite showing no symptoms.

Just received a message telling me this this is incorrect information and I shouldn't have posted it. Just confirming again that this is correct from personal experience and it would appear other peoples experiences are different to mine.

My son lives with his dad and stepmum. They've both tested positive over the last few days and my son, his stepbrother and sons girlfriend who lives with them are all being tested within the next hour despite showing no symptoms.

"

I hope they are all ok

"

They have been told to get tested by the NHS app notification?

shits creek

They have been told to get tested by the NHS app notification? "

I'm unsure if they've been told to by the app or not, I just know they're being tested within the next hour

shits creek

I hope they are all ok "

Thank you, me too.

you would even know you have a virus like most of us.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Some info from BMJ

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851"

Thanks for posting... Spot on.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"We’ll send a guard over with a pitch fork & lantern to make sure you stay put . Also paint a big red X on your door , remember you’re in Norfolk "

Just the normal News Year Eve in Kings Lynn then

Norwich

"We’ll send a guard over with a pitch fork & lantern to make sure you stay put . Also paint a big red X on your door , remember you’re in Norfolk

Just the normal News Year Eve in Kings Lynn then "

Pmsl

» Add a new message to this topic