FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The Pifizer Vaccine

The Pifizer Vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Any one like me thinks there is truble a head cos If and that folk will get there secound jab?

Do you think there is going to be a big kick off cos conutry want the stuff here and now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well I had the first one 3 weeks ago and booked for the second one on 29th March

What's it good for, a year ? Looks like this will be ongoing .our lives as we once knew are well a truly over.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

You mean like the annual flu jab...not a major inconvenience really.

"You mean like the annual flu jab...not a major inconvenience really."

I get the flu jab every year and I think it takes me a grand total of 30 minutes to get to the pharmacy, get the jab and get back home. 30 minutes out of my whole year.

SUCH a huge inconvenience to my life, TOTALLY not worth getting the flu for another year or anything, y'know...

I'll be getting my vaccine in a couple of weeks and if I had a choice it would be the AstraZeneca....but I doubt I'll walk away if it the Pfizer one...begger cant choose...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What's it good for, a year ? Looks like this will be ongoing .our lives as we once knew are well a truly over. "

... I get blood tests every six months (not at the moment, because pandemic). That takes longer and is more invasive than a vaccine (and needles scare the shit out of me). I also require daily medication to literally survive.

My life isn't over at all.

If these only last a year, we'll need to top up. No big deal in the grand scheme.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"What's it good for, a year ? Looks like this will be ongoing .our lives as we once knew are well a truly over.

... I get blood tests every six months (not at the moment, because pandemic). That takes longer and is more invasive than a vaccine (and needles scare the shit out of me). I also require daily medication to literally survive.

If these only last a year, we'll need to top up. No big deal in the grand scheme."

Many have the flu jab every year.... it's hardly as you say a big deal...this is the first virus in along time that has run riot...

If you look at history and see how many the flu killed and still kills..along with many other infectious diseases, yet we have learnt to get on with things... things will progress and we will get back to normal.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"What's it good for, a year ? Looks like this will be ongoing .our lives as we once knew are well a truly over.

If these only last a year, we'll need to top up. No big deal in the grand scheme.

Many have the flu jab every year.... it's hardly as you say a big deal...this is the first virus in along time that has run riot...

If you look at history and see how many the flu killed and still kills..along with many other infectious diseases, yet we have learnt to get on with things... things will progress and we will get back to normal.

"

Exactly. I get a blood test at the hospital every 12 weeks. A flu jab every year. I used to inject myself every two weeks and I'm still going strong, carrying on with life.

A little trip down the surgery every 12 months is hardly that much of an imposition.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Exactly. I get a blood test at the hospital every 12 weeks. A flu jab every year. I used to inject myself every two weeks and I'm still going strong, carrying on with life.

A little trip down the surgery every 12 months is hardly that much of an imposition. "

In the grand scheme of things these medical maintenance isn't a big deal.

We have a pile of bodies, a big group of people with lingering effects, it might have longer term health effects, economy is down the loo, education is disrupted, health system is on fire.

... And an annual jab is an imposition to stop this hell?

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Not a virologist just a lowly medical secretary but have spoken to a lot of our docs.

As of now it's unclear if this will be an annual jab. I'm told that coronaviruses don't mutate "as much" as influenza (which mutates so much you have to jab every year).

Some even think that the vaccines currently will cross-cover these new strains of COVID and there may not need to be repeat jabs. However with the virus raging on in such large numbers, more important mutations are probable.

The probability is that at least ONE follow-up jab will be needed after which hopefully we'll all be OK. But if the virus keeps raging on in different parts of the world at different times, new mutant strains will continue to appear. So the world has to stamp out COVID everywhere not just the UK or US etc.

My mum had it and she's been very unwell for 2 weeks now.

"You mean like the annual flu jab...not a major inconvenience really.

I get the flu jab every year and I think it takes me a grand total of 30 minutes to get to the pharmacy, get the jab and get back home. 30 minutes out of my whole year.

SUCH a huge inconvenience to my life, TOTALLY not worth getting the flu for another year or anything, y'know... "

Took less than 5 mins out of my life...I pass a walk in pharmacy on way home...parked, walked in, got jab...drove away and cintinued home. If you are eligible (50+ etc) then just do it...by next year should be same for COVID boosters?

» Add a new message to this topic