FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > India ...... but what about China

India ...... but what about China

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BWarks OP   Couple  over a year ago

warwick

Is it just me ..... I can’t understand how China has no Covid, compared to India, well apparently there were two cases the other day near the boundary with Burma. I don’t trust them at all . I know they don’t report everything but we do have reporters there, so the Covid thing is just very odd ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xhibitionisticvoyeurMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Taking everything at face value it would seem they stamp it out aggresively at the first hint of it and give 0 fucks about how people/businesses feel about it. According to a BBC reporter in china on radio 4 yesterday they have all their shops open and apparently life is largely back to normal aside from occasional local lock downs. Though national borders remain closed.

Being in a totalitarian state is great when their interests align with yours. Not so much when they decide they don't like you...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

One, aggressive lockdown.

Two, nope, don't trust them either.

warwick

"Taking everything at face value it would seem they stamp it out aggresively at the first hint of it and give 0 fucks about how people/businesses feel about it. According to a BBC reporter in china on radio 4 yesterday they have all their shops open and apparently life is largely back to normal aside from occasional local lock downs. Though national borders remain closed.

Being in a totalitarian state is great when their interests align with yours. Not so much when they decide they don't like you...

"

Well yes agree but just think there should still be more Covid in a large densely populated country like China.... however they try to control it ....

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Our students in China report near normality, in terms of shops open, face masks optional, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and other amusements open. Travel in and out is pretty much nil and everyone goes into mandatory quarantine with regular tests if they do travel in. I agree it seems dodgy, but our students are all over China and have the same freedoms.

warwick

"Our students in China report near normality, in terms of shops open, face masks optional, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and other amusements open. Travel in and out is pretty much nil and everyone goes into mandatory quarantine with regular tests if they do travel in. I agree it seems dodgy, but our students are all over China and have the same freedoms. "

Travel in or out maybe nil but I’d prefer it if Chinese goods coming out were nil too .... we buy far too much from them and hopefully we can change that over time

North West

"Our students in China report near normality, in terms of shops open, face masks optional, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and other amusements open. Travel in and out is pretty much nil and everyone goes into mandatory quarantine with regular tests if they do travel in. I agree it seems dodgy, but our students are all over China and have the same freedoms.

Travel in or out maybe nil but I’d prefer it if Chinese goods coming out were nil too .... we buy far too much from them and hopefully we can change that over time "

Goods in/out of China are not exactly relevant to the OP on whether they're being honest about the Covid situation, or is the OP just a distraction for the real thrust about trade? The fact is that I speak to Chinese citizens, in China, every working day, and they are going about their lives pretty much as normal, save international travel and to some extent, inter-regional travel in China itself.

Manchester (she/her)

"Our students in China report near normality, in terms of shops open, face masks optional, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and other amusements open. Travel in and out is pretty much nil and everyone goes into mandatory quarantine with regular tests if they do travel in. I agree it seems dodgy, but our students are all over China and have the same freedoms.

Travel in or out maybe nil but I’d prefer it if Chinese goods coming out were nil too .... we buy far too much from them and hopefully we can change that over time

Goods in/out of China are not exactly relevant to the OP on whether they're being honest about the Covid situation, or is the OP just a distraction for the real thrust about trade? The fact is that I speak to Chinese citizens, in China, every working day, and they are going about their lives pretty much as normal, save international travel and to some extent, inter-regional travel in China itself."

warwick

Goods in/out of China are not exactly relevant to the OP on whether they're being honest about the Covid situation, or is the OP just a distraction for the real thrust about trade? The fact is that I speak to Chinese citizens, in China, every working day, and they are going about their lives pretty much as normal, save international travel and to some extent, inter-regional travel in China itself."

Anything is relevant on a swingers forum lol

Manchester (she/her)

If you want to stop buying from China you go right ahead. Your original question was about the level of Covid.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Goods in/out of China are not exactly relevant to the OP on whether they're being honest about the Covid situation, or is the OP just a distraction for the real thrust about trade? The fact is that I speak to Chinese citizens, in China, every working day, and they are going about their lives pretty much as normal, save international travel and to some extent, inter-regional travel in China itself.

Anything is relevant on a swingers forum lol "

Where's the link from covid cases in China to Chinese goods ?

A separate post maybe .

North West

Anything is relevant on a swingers forum lol "

Indeed, but I'm wondering whether it's just a general anti Chinese post? I agree China has a lot to improve, but I can tell you that the appetite is there among the up and coming generation. They don't want to keep the status quo and I'm not sure the Communist regime will last many more decades.

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Remember the scare pictures from China with people supposedly dying in the streets from covid

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The 2 countries are very different, though share limits on compassion for their citizens. China suffered 1st, so had a head start. They developed a vaccine quickly too. But their singularity in the control initially caused the most effective restraint on the explosipn of infections there.

We may not trust the repressive regime but may as well trust that things are under control and life is like the former times, for those alive and well.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Indeed, but I'm wondering whether it's just a general anti Chinese post? I agree China has a lot to improve, but I can tell you that the appetite is there among the up and coming generation. They don't want to keep the status quo and I'm not sure the Communist regime will last many more decades."

The regime will still be there long after we have gone.dont you remeber the tanks rolling over people and the hours of machine gun fire? That was only 30 years ago.protest in china and lose everything.that credit score they have is a bit of a fucker

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Aggressive lockdowns and people being forced to do it. I doubt if there was any "but I want to buy some paint stripper out of B&Q and you are infringing on my rights " there

Another could be they are not telling everyone what is really going on.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Where's the link from covid cases in China to Chinese goods ?

A separate post maybe ."

Jaguar Land Rover.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

It's a shame so many all over the world have suffered with this virus.

I'm not surprised that India the second most populated country in the world is having a surge in cases. Especially given the dense location of a large proportion of the population.

China, the MOST populated country. Still claiming very low infection rates. Am I missing something?

warwick

"It's a shame so many all over the world have suffered with this virus.

I'm not surprised that India the second most populated country in the world is having a surge in cases. Especially given the dense location of a large proportion of the population.

China, the MOST populated country. Still claiming very low infection rates. Am I missing something? "

North West

Indeed, but I'm wondering whether it's just a general anti Chinese post? I agree China has a lot to improve, but I can tell you that the appetite is there among the up and coming generation. They don't want to keep the status quo and I'm not sure the Communist regime will last many more decades.

The regime will still be there long after we have gone.dont you remeber the tanks rolling over people and the hours of machine gun fire? That was only 30 years ago.protest in china and lose everything.that credit score they have is a bit of a fucker"

30 years ago, I was 5, so I don't REMEMBER Tiananmen Square, no. Obviously I know what happened through reading as an older person. All I can say is what I see and hear from Chinese young people, ages 17-25 (ish).

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

If you had it back in the beginning they nailed your windows shut with wood and stopped you spreading it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

China, the MOST populated country. Still claiming very low infection rates. Am I missing something? "

Missing pretty much most of what has been said here. The Chinese took 1 of the strictest controls of their people very quickly. Others haven't by and large. The Chinese now appear to have things fairly settled. India has a very different culture and hasn't had such strict isolation and restrictions of people, by comparison. The virus is rampaging with exponential growth in numbers. We almost certainly don't have honest numbers from China but life is unlikely now to be much different from the settled stability, unlike in India, where it's dangerous chaos.

The latter reflects what can happen when it's viewed prematurely as no longer much of an issue and premature relaxation of measures occurs. The UK faced that in microcosm, after the summer.

Manchester (she/her)

"If you had it back in the beginning they nailed your windows shut with wood and stopped you spreading it.

"

Yup, that's one way to stop a virus spreading.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

The regime will still be there long after we have gone.dont you remeber the tanks rolling over people and the hours of machine gun fire? That was only 30 years ago.protest in china and lose everything.that credit score they have is a bit of a fucker

30 years ago, I was 5, so I don't REMEMBER Tiananmen Square, no. Obviously I know what happened through reading as an older person. All I can say is what I see and hear from Chinese young people, ages 17-25 (ish)."

Hey dont get me wrong yea there young and like all youngsters they want to live in an ideal world but start poking the chinese communist party and it will only ever end one way.just like russia they really couldnt care what the rest of the worlds opinion of them is

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

China, the MOST populated country. Still claiming very low infection rates. Am I missing something?

Missing pretty much most of what has been said here. The Chinese took 1 of the strictest controls of their people very quickly. Others haven't by and large. The Chinese now appear to have things fairly settled. India has a very different culture and hasn't had such strict isolation and restrictions of people, by comparison. The virus is rampaging with exponential growth in numbers. We almost certainly don't have honest numbers from China but life is unlikely now to be much different from the settled stability, unlike in India, where it's dangerous chaos.

The latter reflects what can happen when it's viewed prematurely as no longer much of an issue and premature relaxation of measures occurs. The UK faced that in microcosm, after the summer. "

I agree totally what you say, I guess we just have to take their word for it in regards to numbers etc.

As for cultures and way of life you can throw that tag around a number of country's that are struggling too. I wouldn't particularly say the UK has that kind of culture and compared to others I believe (with a few exceptions) we as a nation have followed restrictions well. Despite this we have a high rate of all fronts. I suppose trying to compare country to country is probably the wrong way to look at things.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Also, throughout history China has a habit of sacrificing its population for the advancement of Chinese policy/economy.

From WW2 to Korean War to The Great Leap Forwards etc Chinese leaders have willingly let millions of Chinese perish to achieve their goals.

I believe that it has been no different with covid.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Taking everything at face value it would seem they stamp it out aggresively at the first hint of it and give 0 fucks about how people/businesses feel about it. According to a BBC reporter in china on radio 4 yesterday they have all their shops open and apparently life is largely back to normal aside from occasional local lock downs. Though national borders remain closed.

"

they prob made the virus anyway in a lab

By *ed velvet thornWoman  over a year ago

over the rainbow

Anyone else noticed the home tests are made in China

Manchester (she/her)

they prob made the virus anyway in a lab"

There's less than zero evidence for that tired line.

"Anyone else noticed the home tests are made in China "

Where are STD tests made?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Where are most masks made ?

"Where are most masks made ?"

Where are most things made.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

30 years ago, I was 5, so I don't REMEMBER Tiananmen Square, no. Obviously I know what happened through reading as an older person. All I can say is what I see and hear from Chinese young people, ages 17-25 (ish)."

Closely followed by their government guides and masters. You can see them with groups of students around the universities. They are briefed along the same lines, say what they are told and spy like hell, even the students. When I covered open days, they would be all over weapons on dusply, turn your back and they were over the tape, lifting plug covers and taking photos.

Do I trust anything they say or claim, not a chance. Yes, they come across helpful and nice, if they didn't they wouldn't glean much would they.

North West

30 years ago, I was 5, so I don't REMEMBER Tiananmen Square, no. Obviously I know what happened through reading as an older person. All I can say is what I see and hear from Chinese young people, ages 17-25 (ish).

Closely followed by their government guides and masters. You can see them with groups of students around the universities. They are briefed along the same lines, say what they are told and spy like hell, even the students. When I covered open days, they would be all over weapons on dusply, turn your back and they were over the tape, lifting plug covers and taking photos.

Do I trust anything they say or claim, not a chance. Yes, they come across helpful and nice, if they didn't they wouldn't glean much would they. "

These are students studying at a UK higher education provider, albeit currently mostly remotely from home (China) this year. Usually they come to Manchester and study in person.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

"Is it just me ..... I can’t understand how China has no Covid, compared to India, well apparently there were two cases the other day near the boundary with Burma. I don’t trust them at all . I know they don’t report everything but we do have reporters there, so the Covid thing is just very odd ? "

You should never trust a word China says.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Boris not lying would be a start

By *exjoyMan  over a year ago

bicester

Extremely difficult if not impossible to trust a regime that has Hijacked a formidable territory, HK, pressed its population under a mental grinder,.

And what about evil barbaric treatment of uyghur people?

So, a little virus is non existent, end of.

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Facts are facts, sometimes difficult for us here in the West to swallow because of our perceived illusions of "superiority". China's numbers may be a bit fudged but all indications suggest they are back to normal and COVID deaths are a thing of the past and these are independent reports not from their state news agencies.

The Chinese controlled it with mitigation measures largely and later with vaccinations. Yes, some measures (lockdowns) were draconian but then New Zealand and Australia did localized lockdowns that were equally draconian. Secondly, China had a steadfast centrally controlled NATIONAL strategy that was followed to the letter. Taiwan a similar story. Singapore too (yes small, but they implemented a national plan).

UK - different story. Back and forth on things, political rather than science based decisions and more focus on optics than people's lives. Places like the America and India even worse (no national strategy, fragmented approach of states doing their "individual" things and constant yapping away about American or Indian "exceptionalism). As a result over half a million deaths in America so far and projected over 1 million deaths in India.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Covid has spread rapidly in India due to people going to there religious _estivals and now they are paying for it ,

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Covid has spread rapidly in India due to people going to there religious _estivals and now they are paying for it ,"

I'm fairly sure that there are multiple factors in the acceleration of the virus in India. Mass gatherings are likely to contribute, but general poor sanitary conditions afforded to the very poor masses is likely to be a bigger factor.

Cal

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"If you had it back in the beginning they nailed your windows shut with wood and stopped you spreading it.

Yup, that's one way to stop a virus spreading."

The rumour was that it wasn't just windows. They nailed your door shut as well. Pretty strong incentive for everyone to be bloody careful about observing the strictest possible self-isolation measures. They don't get anti-lockdown rallies in China because it wouldn't be a mere caution or fine issued to just the organisers. Simply attending such an event would at the very least put your name on an "enemies of the state" register. At worst... well you probably wouldn't be given any opportunity to spread the disease...

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Anyone else noticed the home tests are made in China "

Everything is made in China. It’s cheap labour.

"Also, throughout history China has a habit of sacrificing its population for the advancement of Chinese policy/economy.

From WW2 to Korean War to The Great Leap Forwards etc Chinese leaders have willingly let millions of Chinese perish to achieve their goals.

I believe that it has been no different with covid. "

My thoughts exactly

Life is cheap in China and always has been.

It’s basic culture and mindset is no less ruthless than it was in the days of the great dynasties, but as regards getting results in things like COVID there is actually no better system.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that they used the same tactics as we use for animal disease epidemics in the uk.

Highly effective, just like making a firebreak to stop a forest fire by felling a band of trees.

By *dnlawCouple  over a year ago

buckhurst hill

"Facts are facts, sometimes difficult for us here in the West to swallow because of our perceived illusions of "superiority". China's numbers may be a bit fudged but all indications suggest they are back to normal and COVID deaths are a thing of the past and these are independent reports not from their state news agencies.

The Chinese controlled it with mitigation measures largely and later with vaccinations. Yes, some measures (lockdowns) were draconian but then New Zealand and Australia did localized lockdowns that were equally draconian. Secondly, China had a steadfast centrally controlled NATIONAL strategy that was followed to the letter. Taiwan a similar story. Singapore too (yes small, but they implemented a national plan).

UK - different story. Back and forth on things, political rather than science based decisions and more focus on optics than people's lives. Places like the America and India even worse (no national strategy, fragmented approach of states doing their "individual" things and constant yapping away about American or Indian "exceptionalism). As a result over half a million deaths in America so far and projected over 1 million deaths in India.

"

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

china has re infected india

its all to do with the borders conflict

last time they used microwave

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"china has re infected india

its all to do with the borders conflict

last time they used microwave "

I often use a microwave for Indian and Chinese.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Facts are facts, sometimes difficult for us here in the West to swallow because of our perceived illusions of "superiority". China's numbers may be a bit fudged but all indications suggest they are back to normal and COVID deaths are a thing of the past and these are independent reports not from their state news agencies.

"

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Travel in or out maybe nil but I’d prefer it if Chinese goods coming out were nil too .... we buy far too much from them and hopefully we can change that over time "

We are all responsibly for turning China into a super power who’s military will soon dwarf combined western forces. When China is ready to expand its control across continents they will!

North West

To further this conversation, a snippet below from the BBC rolling news thingy"

"As China borders India and has a similarly large population, there are concerns there that cases in India could spill over into the country.

China has seen this month how quickly cases can rise via border arrivals; people coming from Myanmar led to more than 100 cases in the city of Ruili in a matter of weeks."

100 cases of Covid in a Chinese border city which hasn't made the worldwide news. There are clearly cases ongoing but being suppressed quickly and data not shared internationally, most likely. However, the fact remains that Chinese society is more or less back to normal. Cinemas, restaurants, cafés, markets, no face masks mandated. Etc.

» Add a new message to this topic