FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 2nd vaccine this afternoon...feel shite

2nd vaccine this afternoon...feel shite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had my second jab at 3pm this afternoon. Burning up now, skin on fire. Maybe coincidental but who knows. Glad I've done my bit though. Hope it passes. Any suggestions? Any similar experiences?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Paracetamol, water and an early night. A fever is pretty common and should alleviate within 48hrs, usually 24 for most people. Hope you feel better soon!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Well done...hang in there .. take a paracetamol and an ibuprofen

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Had my second jab at 3pm this afternoon. Burning up now, skin on fire. Maybe coincidental but who knows. Glad I've done my bit though. Hope it passes. Any suggestions? Any similar experiences?"

is this AZ? if so some people have said the second dose resulted in a few issues.My first was hassle free my second felt like a nasty cold and very weak for about 4 days

Burning skin? just around the jab area? or is it all over?..possibly give something like piriton a go? may reduce sting or itch a bit.

Generally people have complained of a sore arm for a short while and or flu symptoms /feeling a bit hungover.

I would say if you are experiencing anything else I would have a word just to check all is okay..probably nothing to worry about .However, check it out if you are worried.

nice one for getting the jab fella

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Had my second jab at 3pm this afternoon. Burning up now, skin on fire. Maybe coincidental but who knows. Glad I've done my bit though. Hope it passes. Any suggestions? Any similar experiences?"

Hip hurt and shoulder blade and flu like symptoms just for a couple of days and I’d suggest that you just ride it out.

Best of luck

Tony

Sorry mate, you've had your chips!

By *asygoingsexCouple  over a year ago

walkden

My second Oxford jab had no side effects.. the first jab I got an instant headache and felt a bit sick..hang in there it will pass within a day or so..

It’s not as bad as getting COVID…

By *ophiewTV/TS  over a year ago

worcester

Had exactly the same- felt like skin really hot… slept it off- paracetamol is a must x

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Well done...hang in there .. take a paracetamol and an ibuprofen "

If like me yu can't take ibuprofen, aspirin and paracetomol isn't enough, due to gastro problems, then co-codamol is my go to.

Peterborough

"It’s not as bad as getting COVID…"

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Zero side effects from either jab. Barely felt first one but arm was sore for a week. 2nd felt worse but sore arm lasted less than 24 hours.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Sleep, that's what I did.

Dudley

Oh and congratulations on joining the fully chipped sheep posse

It was second AZ. Had me some paracetamol now, hopefully will kick in soon. Allergic to aspirin so no Ibruprofen for me unfortunately. In normal life that's a real bugger as it rules out most hangover cures and remedies for aches and pains including most of the rubs like volterol. At my age I need a good rub. Man versus jab.....man will win!

"Oh and congratulations on joining the fully chipped sheep posse "

Thanks, at least the powers that be will be able track me and know I feel shite. Won't even have to call the ambulance if it goes shit up...it will just arrive.

By *ihimbiherCouple  over a year ago

lightwater

Has your 5G improved????

By *ntertainment2Couple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Had both Astra Zeneca vaccines both were totally uneventful other than the bruised arm.

Dudley

"Oh and congratulations on joining the fully chipped sheep posse

Thanks, at least the powers that be will be able track me and know I feel shite. Won't even have to call the ambulance if it goes shit up...it will just arrive. "

Exactly, it has its benefits!

"Has your 5G improved????"

No but my cock has grown by 2 inches....I now have an acceptable 5 inches if any local ladies are interested!

By *uck-Me-Hard-Scotland-M2MMan  over a year ago

Barmhill (outside Dundee)

"Any suggestions? Any similar experiences?"

As others have said, paracetamol. I can state that with confidence as the nurse who jabbed me said "we now know - and we didn't first time around - that paracetamol 48 / 72 hours helps".

I was disappointed to hear there might be side effects jab-2 as well. Everything I had read said side effects of 2nd nowhere near as bad as Jab-1

I had leg and arm cramps both times.

I went through a case of Pepsi Max and umpteen bottles and cans of non-alcoholic beer

Note by the way that your maximum shielding doesn't kick in until two weeks after so it not a case of jab in the afternoon, out shagging that evening

"Any suggestions? Any similar experiences?

As others have said, paracetamol. I can state that with confidence as the nurse who jabbed me said "we now know - and we didn't first time around - that paracetamol 48 / 72 hours helps".

I was disappointed to hear there might be side effects jab-2 as well. Everything I had read said side effects of 2nd nowhere near as bad as Jab-1

I had leg and arm cramps both times.

I went through a case of Pepsi Max and umpteen bottles and cans of non-alcoholic beer

Note by the way that your maximum shielding doesn't kick in until two weeks after so it not a case of jab in the afternoon, out shagging that evening"

No worries on that front. My chances of a shag are about the same as Megan Markel and Piers Morgan getting it on.

24 hour update. Slept like a baby for 9 hours and did a normal days work today. Just left with shooting pains in the joints in the jab arm and its really 'heavy' to raise the arm. I estimate I will be right as reign tomorrow. Small price to pay for being a responsible and sensible human being. Get your vaccines folks.

By *uck-Me-Hard-Scotland-M2MMan  over a year ago

Barmhill (outside Dundee)

"Just left with shooting pains in the joints in the jab arm and its really 'heavy' to raise the arms "

The arm / leg cramps is quite common.

First jab, mine lasted 3 weeks!

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Surely no vaccine should have such an effect on someone?

I had side effects for 2 weeks - not a chance in hell im having any more of the AZ juice

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

Had the second AZ jab last week. As with the first one, no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good news . That our immune system is responsible for much of the symptoms of what we think of as an illness, is a great lesson from these vaccines to take away from it. Much of what we think of as sickness is just our healthiness

"Had the second AZ jab last week. As with the first one, no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm."

I the mr had my second last Sunday and i was fine until Friday.

Then on Friday very dry consistent cough which cleared during the but was replaced be flu like symptoms yesterday which has now been replaced by strong muscle cramps this morning.

Hope it calms down for work tomorrow.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Surely no vaccine should have such an effect on someone?

I had side effects for 2 weeks - not a chance in hell im having any more of the AZ juice"

There is a chance of side effects from all vaccines/medications, have you ever taken a look at some of the side effect listed for some common medications they can be quite shocking, but the thing is not everyone will get them for instance I had the Pfizer vaccine and only got a sore arm fo4 a couple of days and I have friends and family that had nothing more from the AZ vaccine but one friend felt like she had full on flu symptoms for a week with both of her AZ doses. What side effects did you suffer with?

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"It’s not as bad as getting COVID…"

Interesting! I know people who have had covid, some nó symptoms, others say it's just as bad as seasonal flu.

"It’s not as bad as getting COVID…

Interesting! I know people who have had covid, some nó symptoms, others say it's just as bad as seasonal flu. "

Both our covid experiences were very mild.

nr spalding

Interesting! I know people who have had covid, some nó symptoms, others say it's just as bad as seasonal flu. "

And many many more hospitalised or worse, my brother has been left with heart palpitations since he had covid

Interesting! I know people who have had covid, some nó symptoms, others say it's just as bad as seasonal flu.

And many many more hospitalised or worse, my brother has been left with heart palpitations since he had covid"

Most had mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

The only side effect I have had from the vaccine is it has made my cock very hard, come to think of it I was suffering from that before the jab as well

nr spalding

"The only side effect I have had from the vaccine is it has made my cock very hard, come to think of it I was suffering from that before the jab as well"

you get the Pfizer one aswell lol

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yeah... That's no argument at all. Many folks have covid with no symptoms. Many with very mild symptoms. We need a bit more informed approach for folks who have had bad side effects. Maybe some Constructive discourse with your Informed gp... If you're able to access them at all.

Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

You have took the wrong advice,

And it cannot be undone.??????

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

And it cannot be undone.??????"

Are you a five year old or something?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

what are you a five year old ?

nr spalding

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

How childish of you

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

What proof do you have that it's the wrong advice ?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

What proof do you have that it's the wrong advice ?"

Pull my finger and I'll show you...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

what makes someone a sheep... really curious as I have done stuff in advance of being recommended as it made sense.

And you do realise how childish your little bleating comments are

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Both our covid experiences were very mild."

yet I know many that really suffered.. my daughter was given a very bad prognosis if she contracted covid as she has downs syndrome. I was so happy when she could have her vaccine and she is now fully vaccinated.

i had second jab Friday afternoon

sore arm initially, which has gone now, but definetly feel shite today. i guess this is meant to happen in order for immune system to generate antibodies so im expecting it to pass. didnt get this with first jab except sore arm...

nr spalding

"i had second jab Friday afternoon

sore arm initially, which has gone now, but definetly feel shite today. i guess this is meant to happen in order for immune system to generate antibodies so im expecting it to pass. didnt get this with first jab except sore arm..."

the feeling rough IS the immune system kicking in and shows your body is mounting a defence to the perceived threat.

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

Are you a five year old or something? "

something

"Bah bah covid sheep ,

Oh what have you done,

what are you a five year old ?

"

wot are you a parrot..oh no that's right your a sheep

By *pellboundCouple  over a year ago

Derby and North Wales

You will get over it

Peterborough

Having no symptoms is bad as that's how it spreads. added to the fact that some employers won't pay you more than £96 a week for two weeks to self isolate, once a positive result has come from the tests.

Health and wealth, we shouldn't have to choose.

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Quite lucky to have had a tender arm on first jab and so far (30hours later) nothing from 2nd.

sore arm initially, which has gone now, but definetly feel shite today. i guess this is meant to happen in order for immune system to generate antibodies so im expecting it to pass. didnt get this with first jab except sore arm...the feeling rough IS the immune system kicking in and shows your body is mounting a defence to the perceived threat."

Thanks, yep thats what i thought and expected as thats the job of a vacine to generate that response you mentioned.

Just really glad got the second one and how brilliant those scientists were in developing it and the astonishing work by the NHS to roll it out so damn well.

nr spalding

sore arm initially, which has gone now, but definetly feel shite today. i guess this is meant to happen in order for immune system to generate antibodies so im expecting it to pass. didnt get this with first jab except sore arm...the feeling rough IS the immune system kicking in and shows your body is mounting a defence to the perceived threat.

Thanks, yep thats what i thought and expected as thats the job of a vacine to generate that response you mentioned.

Just really glad got the second one and how brilliant those scientists were in developing it and the astonishing work by the NHS to roll it out so damn well. "

Same here both jabs done now, I got off quite lucky with mine I think sore arm and a bit washed out the day after then back to my normal self again. It's def8natly been an amazing effort by all involved to fight this virus and find ways to try and get things back to some sort of normal for everyone hopefully we will get there soon.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

First one was a bit sore my arm was

Second was fine x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We both got our second jabs on Friday (4 weeks early), the local vaccination centre was working at capacity and it was like a well oiled machine... They started allowing any over 18s in as walk-ins, the uptake is huge.

A slight sore arm was the only side effect.

Cal

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feel better OP

» Add a new message to this topic