FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Test events

Test events

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I've been wondering for a while how and what "they" check to ensure safe attendance at test events. So I spoke to someone who attended ascot, Wembley and is going to Murrayfield. You get sent an lft and 2 pcr tests. You have to do an lft 24 hours before attendance and it must be negative. Then you do your 1st pcr test the day after and the 2nd within 5 days. Well that sounds great but here's the thing.

If you don't do your lft.. Or you do it and it's positive.. They don't know... You can just say... "yeah I did a negative lft let me in" and in you go.

If you do a pcr after and it's positive.. Well you've been to the event anyway... But here's the kicker... If you don't do your pcr after.. There's nothing that happens.

As far as what exactly it is thats being tested and how they ensure people who are negative attend... It doesn't seem very robust.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

That sounds like a poor set up!

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I've been wondering for a while how and what "they" check to ensure safe attendance at test events. So I spoke to someone who attended ascot, Wembley and is going to Murrayfield. You get sent an lft and 2 pcr tests. You have to do an lft 24 hours before attendance and it must be negative. Then you do your 1st pcr test the day after and the 2nd within 5 days. Well that sounds great but here's the thing.

If you don't do your lft.. Or you do it and it's positive.. They don't know... You can just say... "yeah I did a negative lft let me in" and in you go.

If you do a pcr after and it's positive.. Well you've been to the event anyway... But here's the kicker... If you don't do your pcr after.. There's nothing that happens.

As far as what exactly it is thats being tested and how they ensure people who are negative attend... It doesn't seem very robust. "

Well, you report your lft results to the nhs, get a confirmation text/email. That's how you show you did it.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps we should have some form of digital certificate of vaccination and/or registered test result from a medical professional. It could be called something like a Covid Safety Passport. If it was held as an app in your phone, it could even be checked and logged wirelessly when you go through some kind of turnstile or barrier. 100% check, 100% assured that no passport = no entry...

Just a thought. For that matter, if Mr Hancock will give me a billion pound contract and no supervision or requirement to actually produce any results, I'll write the software for him and build the turnstile...

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I've been wondering for a while how and what "they" check to ensure safe attendance at test events. So I spoke to someone who attended ascot, Wembley and is going to Murrayfield. You get sent an lft and 2 pcr tests. You have to do an lft 24 hours before attendance and it must be negative. Then you do your 1st pcr test the day after and the 2nd within 5 days. Well that sounds great but here's the thing.

As far as what exactly it is thats being tested and how they ensure people who are negative attend... It doesn't seem very robust. "

The reliability and robustness of the system is determined by how truthful the person is in reporting the LFT test result. As they have paid good money for an event ticket and really want to go they will of course be totally responsible and report the LFT test result correctly.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

As far as what exactly it is thats being tested and how they ensure people who are negative attend... It doesn't seem very robust.

Well, you report your lft results to the nhs, get a confirmation text/email. That's how you show you did it. "

But when you report the results on the website you state whether the result is positive or negative, it is purely based on your word and isn't verified. It relies completely on the honesty of the individual person, unfortunately some will lie in order to be able to go to the event

K

Tin town

Well, you report your lft results to the nhs, get a confirmation text/email. That's how you show you did it.

But when you report the results on the website you state whether the result is positive or negative, it is purely based on your word and isn't verified. It relies completely on the honesty of the individual person, unfortunately some will lie in order to be able to go to the event

K"

That's exactly my point. It relies entirely on the honesty that... A the test has been done and b you submit the result accurately. And c that someone actually checks it when you attend the event. Call me a cynic but if someone's binned out best part of 500 quid to take the family to Wembley...

Tin town

The reliability and robustness of the system is determined by how truthful the person is in reporting the LFT test result. As they have paid good money for an event ticket and really want to go they will of course be totally responsible and report the LFT test result correctly.

"

Sorry for going on... I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this...

So what exactly makes it a test event? When the lft tests before the event are inaccurate / incomplete / impartially reported... When they aren't checked.. And then when the pcr tests after the event are not even submitted? What can you possibly conclude from that "scientific" test that is of any value whatsoever? So therefore why call it a test event.? It is wholly disingenuous at best and a misleading untruth at its worst because we now have "scientific data" driving policy based on this car crash of an experiment... Which quite frankly had a gcse science pupil submitted this for their examination would have been failed.

here

So what exactly makes it a test event? When the lft tests before the event are inaccurate / incomplete / impartially reported... When they aren't checked.. And then when the pcr tests after the event are not even submitted? What can you possibly conclude from that "scientific" test that is of any value whatsoever? So therefore why call it a test event.? It is wholly disingenuous at best and a misleading untruth at its worst because we now have "scientific data" driving policy based on this car crash of an experiment... Which quite frankly had a gcse science pupil submitted this for their examination would have been failed."

You are right. I agree with you .

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m at Silverstone ... 140,000 going ... next month

Dudley

So what exactly makes it a test event? When the lft tests before the event are inaccurate / incomplete / impartially reported... When they aren't checked.. And then when the pcr tests after the event are not even submitted? What can you possibly conclude from that "scientific" test that is of any value whatsoever? So therefore why call it a test event.? It is wholly disingenuous at best and a misleading untruth at its worst because we now have "scientific data" driving policy based on this car crash of an experiment... Which quite frankly had a gcse science pupil submitted this for their examination would have been failed."

I'm assuming the data was also collected regarding how many people actually sent the pcr tests off after. A massive issue I find with all this is that at no point have you asked why the fuck some people aren't doing the right thing. The event itself had all safety measures in place, it's the attendees fault if they don't follow the safety precautions. We shouldn't have to keep having our hands held through this. The general public (some of them) need to stop blaming everyone else when they also have some responsibility.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

So this is what happened at the Download Pilot test event that happened last weekend (I didn’t attend, but have friends that did.

1. All those attending had to do a PCR test (provided by the event) 2 days beforehand.

2. All had to also do a LFT the day before AND had to show the Negative result email/text from the NHS at the gates on entering the event. No result, No entry.

3. All are also required to do another PCR test tomorrow (Friday, 5 days post event).

The PCR tests are to give the researchers from Public Health England the required Data to model what transmission (if any) happened at the event… it’s basically a big TEST (clue is in the name…)

Wales/ All over UK

"So this is what happened at the Download Pilot test event that happened last weekend (I didn’t attend, but have friends that did.

1. All those attending had to do a PCR test (provided by the event) 2 days beforehand.

2. All had to also do a LFT the day before AND had to show the Negative result email/text from the NHS at the gates on entering the event. No result, No entry.

3. All are also required to do another PCR test tomorrow (Friday, 5 days post event).

The PCR tests are to give the researchers from Public Health England the required Data to model what transmission (if any) happened at the event… it’s basically a big TEST (clue is in the name…)"

Also to add, those that don’t do the PCR tests already have all their details on file with PHE from when they booked their tickets, so why not do them anyway?

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

The problem is some people just don't care!

I could do all the tests, get negative results and be ultra careful but if some idiot has a positive result and decides to go anyway and spreads it then it was all for nothing. Covid kicked my ass last year I don't want anyone to suffer like that.

But it's a moot point as I wouldn't go to any big events yet for this reason

Tin town

So what exactly makes it a test event? When the lft tests before the event are inaccurate / incomplete / impartially reported... When they aren't checked.. And then when the pcr tests after the event are not even submitted? What can you possibly conclude from that "scientific" test that is of any value whatsoever? So therefore why call it a test event.? It is wholly disingenuous at best and a misleading untruth at its worst because we now have "scientific data" driving policy based on this car crash of an experiment... Which quite frankly had a gcse science pupil submitted this for their examination would have been failed.

I'm assuming the data was also collected regarding how many people actually sent the pcr tests off after. A massive issue I find with all this is that at no point have you asked why the fuck some people aren't doing the right thing. The event itself had all safety measures in place, it's the attendees fault if they don't follow the safety precautions. We shouldn't have to keep having our hands held through this. The general public (some of them) need to stop blaming everyone else when they also have some responsibility. "

In April the 2 night club test events in Sefton... 23 per cent and 42 per cent of ovr test were returned post event.

And no 100% disagree. If you're going to use these events as a way of reassuring the public its absolutely bullshitting them that robust testing of large events is taking place, they have a responsibility to make it as close to a proper scientific experiment as possible. Or just have someone there and asking people if they are positive or negative... That's about as accurate as it is....the fact that someone can't devise a better process than this rubbish is the problem. I do agree that it would be good if everyone did everything that was asked of them but we are old enough and human enough to allreciate that not everyone will know what they need to do, or be bothered to do it. Because we are human. Anyone on this website could devise a test event process better than the one that currently exists.

21k people at Wembley for eng game. Only 10k allowed at Twickenham for prem rugby final. Work that one out.

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

[Removed by poster at 24/06/21 13:38:41]

Tin town

"So this is what happened at the Download Pilot test event that happened last weekend (I didn’t attend, but have friends that did.

The PCR tests are to give the researchers from Public Health England the required Data to model what transmission (if any) happened at the event… it’s basically a big TEST (clue is in the name…)

Also to add, those that don’t do the PCR tests already have all their details on file with PHE from when they booked their tickets, so why not do them anyway?"

OK a slightly different process. Can you clarify...

If the pre event pcr results are not returned in time what happens.?

Who conducts the pre event pft and where? Is it a health care professional or just done at home? And how do the event know if the lft was conducted 1 2 3 4 days before the event or even at all?

In which case how are the nhs notified of the results of the lft.?

What happens if they don't do the post event pcr test.?

You see a lot of the "processes" such as the travel ones that are put out there only work if they follow the "happy path" ie they only work of people do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it.

I have no issue with criticising people who don't do the right thing. But I'd probably hope to have a better process in place that has fewer holes in it.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

Maybe they are also taking note of how many people actual report their results and do so accurately.

Perhaps they might come back and say that because people can't be trusted then restrictions at events will have to remain.

Far fetched I know but just a though.

Dudley

"Maybe they are also taking note of how many people actual report their results and do so accurately.

Perhaps they might come back and say that because people can't be trusted then restrictions at events will have to remain.

Far fetched I know but just a though."

This

They might be trying to gauge the publics willingness to participate in actually allowing big events to go ahead.

The fault is with the people who don't follow the precautions. It's ridiculous to keep blaming other people when the public keep fucking up.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a good wriggle round for organisations that want to run there event. How do we let that many in? Hey, call it a test event. Bingo! Instantly allowed.

Tin town

"Maybe they are also taking note of how many people actual report their results and do so accurately.

Far fetched I know but just a though."

It would be good if that were the case.like a proper test. Where the outcomes are accurately measured, critiqued and published. Let's see. I suspect the answer is. The "results" will make no difference to what comes next.

Wales/ All over UK

"It's a good wriggle round for organisations that want to run there event. How do we let that many in? Hey, call it a test event. Bingo! Instantly allowed. "

They have to be sanctioned as such by the government. Can’t just say it is

"It's a good wriggle round for organisations that want to run there event. How do we let that many in? Hey, call it a test event. Bingo! Instantly allowed.

They have to be sanctioned as such by the government. Can’t just say it is"

I imagine thats just a quick bit of form filling

Tin town

"It's a good wriggle round for organisations that want to run there event. How do we let that many in? Hey, call it a test event. Bingo! Instantly allowed. "

Yep imagine that...140000 at the British gp.

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

Go figure which sports have strong lobby's to government.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

They should all be going ahead with any of this testing bollox.

No need for it at all.

Tin town

"They should all be going ahead with any of this testing bollox.

No need for it at all. "

I disagree. But if they are going to do "test events" make them meaningful and publish the outcomes. Don't say the words but do different actions. And make "test events" available to all sports, and theatres and events equally. Not just the favourite pet International ones.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"They should all be going ahead with any of this testing bollox.

No need for it at all.

I disagree. But if they are going to do "test events" make them meaningful and publish the outcomes. Don't say the words but do different actions. And make "test events" available to all sports, and theatres and events equally. Not just the favourite pet International ones. "

Saying the right thing and then doing the bare minimum is standard practice for any government.

The vulnerable are vaccinated, the risk is infinitesimal. COVID doesnt even make the top 20 cause of deaths and that's with fudging the figures with "died within 28daya of a test". Overall deaths have been below average for months. It's a seasonal virus and were in the middle of summer.

So many good reasons we shouldn't be having any restrictions.

Everything should be normal now.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's a good wriggle round for organisations that want to run there event. How do we let that many in? Hey, call it a test event. Bingo! Instantly allowed.

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

"

17000 were allowed per day at the test match cricket.. test event

The rugby finals this weekend are only allowed 10k.. but they WERE a test event for the semi finals… expanded amount of 7k at each… plus 16500 are being allowed to go to the lions game on Saturday

And football was always going to be allowed 50% capacity at Wembley from Monday onwards… they are being allowed to go up from 50% to 75%

And Wimbledon is only getting an exemption for the men’s and women’s finals… the rest of the days are following the rules…

But nothing likes bit of context….

Tin town

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

The rugby finals this weekend are only allowed 10k.. but they WERE a test event for the semi finals… expanded amount of 7k at each… plus 16500 are being allowed to go to the lions game on Saturday

And football was always going to be allowed 50% capacity at Wembley from Monday onwards… they are being allowed to go up from 50% to 75%

And Wimbledon is only getting an exemption for the men’s and women’s finals… the rest of the days are following the rules…

But nothing likes bit of context…."

Yep So pretty much what I said just clarifying a few things. Thebprem final is 10k. The Wimbledon final is full capacity. Wembley will be 40k and 60k. Whereas lions is 16.5k. F1 will be 140k.

I dont think its so much context that's needed...ots Consistency and clarity of the results and what they are actually testing for. Why no concerts? Theatres?

Dudley

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

Yep So pretty much what I said just clarifying a few things. Thebprem final is 10k. The Wimbledon final is full capacity. Wembley will be 40k and 60k. Whereas lions is 16.5k. F1 will be 140k.

I dont think its so much context that's needed...ots Consistency and clarity of the results and what they are actually testing for. Why no concerts? Theatres? "

Maybe there isn't a secret evil plan behind it, maybe there's safety issues with some of the events/venues so they can have less people attending.

I feel like you might be seeing nasties where there aren't any.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

I dont think its so much context that's needed...ots Consistency and clarity of the results and what they are actually testing for. Why no concerts? Theatres? "

Erm… the download music festival… the Easter raves in Liverpool

The very first test event was for the world championship snooker which was held at the crucible theatre in Sheffield

If you are going to argue… back it up….

here

"A U.K. research program testing the impact of holding live events in April and May shows “no substantial outbreaks," with just 28 cases of Covid-19 identified among 58,000 participants"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-25/u-k-trial-of-mass-events-during-pandemic-led-to-few-covid-cases

There’s a clue in the title, “test event”. It’s to simulate an average everyday event which we may open back up.

In a scenario where everyone is stringently tested etc then there is absolutely no ‘outbreak’, we learn nothing.

In a scenario where direction is given and the public is trusted, we discover the consequences etc.

It’s a likely mirror of what will occur when the U.K. opens back up, in my view the reports published showing no major issues are quite reassuring because of the lack of fine level control. They give a lot more confidence that things will be ok.

Tin town

Cricket max 10k

Rugby max 10k

Football max 60k

Tennis full capacity

I dont think its so much context that's needed...ots Consistency and clarity of the results and what they are actually testing for. Why no concerts? Theatres?

Erm… the download music festival… the Easter raves in Liverpool

The very first test event was for the world championship snooker which was held at the crucible theatre in Sheffield

If you are going to argue… back it up…."

I'm not sure we are in disagreement. There are massive differences in the capacity for some events. The tests events are not well administered. The outcomes and conclusions(accepting that some results were dragged out today under threat of legal proceedings from Lloyd webber) for most are still not clear. The fact that an event in April had no more transmission from the small number of post event pcr tests returned.. When people socially distanced and wore masks... Not sure how relevant that is to mass events today with little social distancing and little mask wearing. What next steps do we take as a result of the outcome of the tests?

By *annaSeeUsNakedCouple  over a year ago

Mid Cornwall

We attended Download Pilot festival alongside 10k other people, and your list of procedure is accurate: negative LFT to enter and a pre- and post- PCR test for the actual test side of it.

Procedurally, it could have been tighter. You can’t really lie on a PCR because you don’t handle the results. The issue is, is that results were being published AFTER the event, as opposed to prior. Doing so prior would have provided better bio security.

But then again, the objective of the event test was to see what the rate of spread was like.

We are in self isolation as we were exposed midway through. This is fine: this is a process of investigation, after all.

Music was epic though.

Wales/ All over UK

"We attended Download Pilot festival alongside 10k other people, and your list of procedure is accurate: negative LFT to enter and a pre- and post- PCR test for the actual test side of it.

Procedurally, it could have been tighter. You can’t really lie on a PCR because you don’t handle the results. The issue is, is that results were being published AFTER the event, as opposed to prior. Doing so prior would have provided better bio security.

But then again, the objective of the event test was to see what the rate of spread was like.

We are in self isolation as we were exposed midway through. This is fine: this is a process of investigation, after all.

Music was epic though."

My friends loved it, thought it was good at such a small size for a change….. I’m very very jealous…. But got Steelhouse next month

Tin town

"We attended Download Pilot festival alongside 10k other people, and your list of procedure is accurate: negative LFT to enter and a pre- and post- PCR test for the actual test side of it.

Music was epic though.

My friends loved it, thought it was good at such a small size for a change….. I’m very very jealous…. But got Steelhouse next month "

If people are interested in a bit more detail and clarity of the limitations so far... You can find a bit here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57615547

» Add a new message to this topic