FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > EU warns repeat boosters could weaken immune system

EU warns repeat boosters could weaken immune system

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As reported on Bloomberg, European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible.

Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency.

As the saying goes, you can have too much of a 'good' thing!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Cue all the people who wanted us to ‘take back control’ and getting back our ‘sovereignty’ now to begin posting about the wisdom and good sense of those evil ‘EU regulators’!

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

One doesn't have to be a genius, to figure that out.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

If these jabs had been properly tested we might find out a lot more about what they are doing to people

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So they should offer them less often, as noted in the article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

However, British scientists, including a pre-eminent immunologist quoted here, say that the idea of it tiring out the immune system is nonsense.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-britain-idUSL1N2SY1SP

"Cue all the people who wanted us to ‘take back control’ and getting back our ‘sovereignty’ now to begin posting about the wisdom and good sense of those evil ‘EU regulators’! "

It was a shock to me to be honest.

It seems they've finally discovered common sense. A rare thing for the EU!

Who knows, maybe a bit of Brexit good sense and sound judgement has finally rubbed off on them.

"So they should offer them less often, as noted in the article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

However, British scientists, including a pre-eminent immunologist quoted here, say that the idea of it tiring out the immune system is nonsense.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-britain-idUSL1N2SY1SP"

I guess people will just need to "follow the science", even though the science contradicts itself.

Failing that, use their common sense.

Manchester (she/her)

I guess people will just need to "follow the science", even though the science contradicts itself.

Failing that, use their common sense."

Ah yes. Contradictions.

The EU is untrustworthy except when they say too many boosters are bad. Then our grand British scientists don't know what they're talking about.

Sovereignty is excellent and border control is super important to keep those pesky Eastern Europeans out. Not to keep Australians out, you're one of ours, just the same. Except when an eastern European breaks Australian law and Australia has the audacity to want to uphold its own law.

Everyone should do their own research, but if your opponent doesn't start bleating the identical script you were given, then they're a mindless sheep following without question.

Yeah. Contradiction sure is a problem.

By *tticus Finch 76Man  over a year ago

Northampton

"As reported on Bloomberg, European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible.

Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency.

As the saying goes, you can have too much of a 'good' thing!"

A good job I've not been told to have a booster every 4 months then...has anyone else?

Ah yes. Contradictions.

The EU is untrustworthy except when they say too many boosters are bad. Then our grand British scientists don't know what they're talking about.

Sovereignty is excellent and border control is super important to keep those pesky Eastern Europeans out. Not to keep Australians out, you're one of ours, just the same. Except when an eastern European breaks Australian law and Australia has the audacity to want to uphold its own law.

Everyone should do their own research, but if your opponent doesn't start bleating the identical script you were given, then they're a mindless sheep following without question.

Yeah. Contradiction sure is a problem."

Woah! That must've touched a nerve.

Feel better now that's off your chest?

Manchester (she/her)

Ah yes. Contradictions.

Feel better now that's off your chest?"

Oh, "touched a nerve". So in the absence of an argument you go after my emotional state? Classic

Ah yes. Contradictions.

Oh, "touched a nerve". So in the absence of an argument you go after my emotional state? Classic "

Emotional? I would describe it as irrational behaviour and totally irrelevant.

You can say whatever you like in a post of course, but why did you think it necessary to bring up an East European breaking Australian law in a thread about an EU regulator saying repeat booster shots risk overloading immune system?

Manchester (she/her)

Ah yes. Contradictions.

Oh, "touched a nerve". So in the absence of an argument you go after my emotional state? Classic

You can say whatever you like in a post of course, but why did you think it necessary to bring up an East European breaking Australian law in a thread about an EU regulator saying repeat booster shots risk overloading immune system?

"

It's another example of the "consistency" within the movement. That is, zero.

And again making an argument about me personally rather than my position. And drawing from one example only. If my "irrelevant" example bothers you, then use the others to make your point. I provided a fair amount of material, the fact that you just go after your assumptions about my feelings says rather a lot about the depth of your argument.

I acknowledge that the regulators said it. Heck, I even found your source so others can see.

I've made no comment on your emotions. Please show me the same respect and argue about the substance of the argument.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Hmmm I wonder who has the best scientists. Doesn’t look like there is consensus so who should we listen to?

In addition a few weeks back I raised this very point about my concern about accelerating the booster programme and reducing time between doses (ie overloading/over stimulating the immune system and asking why ALL drugs have maximum dosage in a time period)

I was pretty much told by some individuals on this forum that I was stupid. Seems a few scientists agree with me!

Manchester (she/her)

Hmmm I wonder who has the best scientists. Doesn’t look like there is consensus so who should we listen to?

In addition a few weeks back I raised this very point about my concern about accelerating the booster programme and reducing time between doses (ie overloading/over stimulating the immune system and asking why ALL drugs have maximum dosage in a time period)

I was pretty much told by some individuals on this forum that I was stupid. Seems a few scientists agree with me!"

I don't know. I've seen no evidence to suggest that it would weaken the immune system (vaccines are a stimulus like any pathogen, that's how they work, except without the pathogenicity) - if a vaccine every four months would weaken our immune system, then why are all the bugs and crud we come into contact with every day not collapsing our immune systems? (Obviously I'm arguing from common sense/basic knowledge not an official source, because I can't find one in the limited time I have at present).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You dont need to have medical school to know it that too much its no good too

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"If these jabs had been properly tested we might find out a lot more about what they are doing to people "

They've had the standard testing and trials that you'd have had, irrespective of there being a pandemic

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"If these jabs had been properly tested we might find out a lot more about what they are doing to people "

What you mean like keeping the majority out of intensive care on ventilators ?

Bristol

"Cue all the people who wanted us to ‘take back control’ and getting back our ‘sovereignty’ now to begin posting about the wisdom and good sense of those evil ‘EU regulators’!

Who knows, maybe a bit of Brexit good sense and sound judgement has finally rubbed off on them."

It’s just the same as it was with Brexit…not all anti-vaxxers are idiots, but all idiots are anti-vaxxers.

Brighton

I was pretty much told by some individuals on this forum that I was stupid. Seems a few scientists agree with me!

I don't know. I've seen no evidence to suggest that it would weaken the immune system (vaccines are a stimulus like any pathogen, that's how they work, except without the pathogenicity) - if a vaccine every four months would weaken our immune system, then why are all the bugs and crud we come into contact with every day not collapsing our immune systems? (Obviously I'm arguing from common sense/basic knowledge not an official source, because I can't find one in the limited time I have at present). "

I too am only coming at this with common sense and a tiny bit of knowledge

I may use the wrong terminology here but hopefully this will make sense...

People who get ill a few times in succession are often cited as being “run down”. GPs even use this phrase. What I believe is meant by that is your body (immune system) is worn down from fighting an illness so if another comes in quick succession you don’t have the energy (antibodies) to as effectively fight the next one.

The vaccines stimulate the immune response factory but if that factory has to work too hard too often, then it becomes sub-optimal (bits break down or wear out).

Pretty much everyone I know who has had the jabs (1, 2 or 3) has been under the weather (or in some cases pretty ill) in the weeks that follow. To my mind that fits with what I say above. Surely the factory output can only ever be so much?

Similarly (again my knowledge here is patchy at best) but people who are immuno suppressed. Isn’t that, in really simple terms, a way of describing the factory being sub optimal or even switched off due to the load it is already dealing with elsewhere?

Brighton

"Cue all the people who wanted us to ‘take back control’ and getting back our ‘sovereignty’ now to begin posting about the wisdom and good sense of those evil ‘EU regulators’!

Who knows, maybe a bit of Brexit good sense and sound judgement has finally rubbed off on them.

It’s just the same as it was with Brexit…not all anti-vaxxers are idiots, but all idiots are anti-vaxxers."

Not all people who have not had the vaccines (or all three doses) are anti vaxxers either. Many are vaccine hesitant for a multitude of reasons.

Bristol

It’s just the same as it was with Brexit…not all anti-vaxxers are idiots, but all idiots are anti-vaxxers.

Not all people who have not had the vaccines (or all three doses) are anti vaxxers either. Many are vaccine hesitant for a multitude of reasons. "

And?

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Even the EU gets it right some times. Not often.

Brighton

Not all people who have not had the vaccines (or all three doses) are anti vaxxers either. Many are vaccine hesitant for a multitude of reasons.

And?"

Worth repeating as too many conflate

Spain, Lancs

And?"

Not all Remain voters were idiots but all idiots etc.

There, fixed it for you

Bristol

And?

Worth repeating as too many conflate"

But irrelevant to the comment you attached it to, nevertheless.

Now they say!

The truth's starting to come out now all the sheep have had their three jabs.

Brighton

And?

But irrelevant to the comment you attached it to, nevertheless."

In your opinion. I felt it was relevant to remind people who read it. Plus it doesn’t detract from your original point.

Bristol

And?

In your opinion. I felt it was relevant to remind people who read it. Plus it doesn’t detract from your original point."

You should quote every post in the forum then, on that basis, as they have equal relevance.

To give you relevance though, let’s put it this way: not all the ‘vaccine hesitant’ are idiots, but all idiots are ‘vaccine hesitant’.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"Now they say!

The truth's starting to come out now all the sheep have had their three jabs."

Exactly, happy to donate my first, second and third dose

Spain, Lancs

And?

In your opinion. I felt it was relevant to remind people who read it. Plus it doesn’t detract from your original point.

You should quote every post in the forum then, on that basis, as they have equal relevance.

To give you relevance though, let’s put it this way: not all the ‘vaccine hesitant’ are idiots, but all idiots are ‘vaccine hesitant’."

Do you ever wonder if you shouldn't be so rude?

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know. I've seen no evidence to suggest that it would weaken the immune system (vaccines are a stimulus like any pathogen, that's how they work, except without the pathogenicity) - if a vaccine every four months would weaken our immune system, then why are all the bugs and crud we come into contact with every day not collapsing our immune systems? (Obviously I'm arguing from common sense/basic knowledge not an official source, because I can't find one in the limited time I have at present).

People who get ill a few times in succession are often cited as being “run down”. GPs even use this phrase. What I believe is meant by that is your body (immune system) is worn down from fighting an illness so if another comes in quick succession you don’t have the energy (antibodies) to as effectively fight the next one.

The vaccines stimulate the immune response factory but if that factory has to work too hard too often, then it becomes sub-optimal (bits break down or wear out).

Pretty much everyone I know who has had the jabs (1, 2 or 3) has been under the weather (or in some cases pretty ill) in the weeks that follow. To my mind that fits with what I say above. Surely the factory output can only ever be so much?

Similarly (again my knowledge here is patchy at best) but people who are immuno suppressed. Isn’t that, in really simple terms, a way of describing the factory being sub optimal or even switched off due to the load it is already dealing with elsewhere?"

I'm pretty sure the run down in the days to weeks following vaccination is an immune system reaction - I don't like that thing and I'm going to fight it off. Which is what it does more or less to any pathogen it comes into contact with in our daily lives - and we all come into contact with pathogens daily.

I think most immunosuppression is medication induced? We need to turn it down or off to deal with a serious illness (or something like organ transplant), and it has downsides but better than the alternative.

I just don't see it, here. (Tone to read here, friendly. In case that's at all in question. I'm not having a go)

Ah yes. Contradictions.

It's another example of the "consistency" within the movement. That is, zero.

And again making an argument about me personally rather than my position. And drawing from one example only. If my "irrelevant" example bothers you, then use the others to make your point. I provided a fair amount of material, the fact that you just go after your assumptions about my feelings says rather a lot about the depth of your argument.

I acknowledge that the regulators said it. Heck, I even found your source so others can see.

I've made no comment on your emotions. Please show me the same respect and argue about the substance of the argument."

The irrelevant bit I was referring to was your comment about an East European.

It is the first time that using the phrase "that touched a nerve" has actually touch a nerve and provoked such a reaction!

I actually welcome the link you included to the Reuters article.

I didn't post the Bloomberg link because I'm never sure if it will get reported and taken down for misinformation!

Bristol

And?

To give you relevance though, let’s put it this way: not all the ‘vaccine hesitant’ are idiots, but all idiots are ‘vaccine hesitant’.

Do you ever wonder if you shouldn't be so rude?"

Who is the recipient of any rudeness here? There’s certainly none intended.

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

It’s just the same as it was with Brexit…not all anti-vaxxers are idiots, but all idiots are anti-vaxxers."

That’s a pretty moronic comment

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, its been talked alot about that with every dose it weakens it more.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Now they say!

Comments like that do make me feel pity that someone can say so much and contribute so little.

Your better than that,show some intelligence

"Now they say!

Comments like that do make me feel pity that someone can say so much and contribute so little.

Your better than that,show some intelligence"

If you're going to question someone's intelligence, it is always a good idea to check your spelling and grammar before clicking 'Post Message'.

You're welcome!

Spain, Lancs

And?

Who is the recipient of any rudeness here? There’s certainly none intended."

Read your comments about Brexit supporters allegedly idiots.

Is that was passes for polite in your circles?

Bristol

And?

Who is the recipient of any rudeness here? There’s certainly none intended.

Read your comments about Brexit supporters allegedly idiots.

Is that was passes for polite in your circles?"

If you read it properly, you’ll presumably be able to see that wasn’t what was said.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yep.... Pick your scientist for whatever answer you want... There's plenty to go around!

Brighton

Similarly (again my knowledge here is patchy at best) but people who are immuno suppressed. Isn’t that, in really simple terms, a way of describing the factory being sub optimal or even switched off due to the load it is already dealing with elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure the run down in the days to weeks following vaccination is an immune system reaction - I don't like that thing and I'm going to fight it off. Which is what it does more or less to any pathogen it comes into contact with in our daily lives - and we all come into contact with pathogens daily.

I think most immunosuppression is medication induced? We need to turn it down or off to deal with a serious illness (or something like organ transplant), and it has downsides but better than the alternative.

I just don't see it, here. (Tone to read here, friendly. In case that's at all in question. I'm not having a go)"

@_naswingdress you are always (in my observation) polite, helpful and friendly. So for me there’s no need to state your intent (though perhaps useful in case someone else jumps in).

Not sure how you can say “I don’t see it here”? Why? The body reacts the same way(ish) regardless of pathogen. If multiple illnesses in short succession over stimulate the immune system then a “manufactured” response driven by multiple vaccines in short succession would surely do the same?

Or am I just missing the point?

Central

"Now they say!

Unlike the flock of sheep that followed antivax propaganda, via YouTube etc, those vaccinated helped to save lives, got the economy going, helped the NHS treat more people with other conditions, reducing the backlogs etc.

Central

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 15:42:05]

"As reported on Bloomberg, European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible.

Pleased to see that you aknowledge that the vaccine 'boosters' are a good thing. Too many denying the benefit of vaccines so bravo for that.

The debate is the length of time between boosters. No plans in the UK for a further booster and it is looking like we are heading towards an annual booster akin to the Flu jab to tackle future variants as we move from Pandemic disease to Endemic.

Manchester (she/her)

"

@_naswingdress you are always (in my observation) polite, helpful and friendly. So for me there’s no need to state your intent (though perhaps useful in case someone else jumps in).

Not sure how you can say “I don’t see it here”? Why? The body reacts the same way(ish) regardless of pathogen. If multiple illnesses in short succession over stimulate the immune system then a “manufactured” response driven by multiple vaccines in short succession would surely do the same?

Or am I just missing the point?"

Sometimes I'm not sure how I'll be read

My understanding is that our bodies are exposed to many pathogens every single day. And our immune system is always on it. (In my case, I have an autoimmune disease and my immune system has been on it for 20+ years, because the idiot thinks one of my organs is a disease. I'm not vulnerable because of it and although it's irreversible, medication allows me to live a normal life).

If the immune system is continually fighting stuff off, how would an injection every four months (using the time frame stated in the article) be a tipping point that makes it worse? Particularly when the immune system has to fight off a self limiting manufactured response, rather than a virus that wants to replicate as long as it can?

The important word here is 'could'.

Now let the experts decide and stop your 'researching'.

Central

My take on this is that more peer-reviewed evidence of any issue is needed. Our immune systems are bombarded with a huge volume of potential challenges every day. The vaccines we use challenge the body in a controlled manner and especially in a way that doesn't make us infected and suffering illness. I can see how someone could be feeling 'run down', after several infections that have resulted in our bodies having to fight the infection and to restore normal health and strength.

By *orkiebar51Man  over a year ago

Keighley

"COULD" and "MAYBE" hmmmmmm. you want my predicted lottery numbers while you're at it? Yours for £50

How does 'the science' contradict itself. The study of science is the study of fact and truth?

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 16:04:38]

Pleased to see that you aknowledge that the vaccine 'boosters' are a good thing. Too many denying the benefit of vaccines so bravo for that.

The debate is the length of time between boosters. No plans in the UK for a further booster and it is looking like we are heading towards an annual booster akin to the Flu jab to tackle future variants as we move from Pandemic disease to Endemic."

Good spot! But I didn't mean it that way.

In the absence of a sarcastic emoji, I had to revert to using "'" at the beginning and end of the word.

Brighton

"

My understanding is that our bodies are exposed to many pathogens every single day. And our immune system is always on it. (In my case, I have an autoimmune disease and my immune system has been on it for 20+ years, because the idiot thinks one of my organs is a disease. I'm not vulnerable because of it and although it's irreversible, medication allows me to live a normal life).

If the immune system is continually fighting stuff off, how would an injection every four months (using the time frame stated in the article) be a tipping point that makes it worse? Particularly when the immune system has to fight off a self limiting manufactured response, rather than a virus that wants to replicate as long as it can?"

Glad you are managing your condition, you made me LOL calling your immune system an idiot.

You make good points and as I said upfront, I know little to nothing about this. I still think of it a bit like the pint glass analogy and adding just a little more liquid will cause it to overflow.

As you say, the body is dealing with attacks all the time, so adding on top of that repeated vaccine doses could potentially overwhelm it or breach capacity?

The debate is the length of time between boosters. No plans in the UK for a further booster and it is looking like we are heading towards an annual booster akin to the Flu jab to tackle future variants as we move from Pandemic disease to Endemic.

Good spot! But I didn't mean it that way.

In the absence of a sarcastic emoji, I had to revert to using "'" at the beginning and end of the word."

I took it more as a Freudian slip

Nice attempt at obfuscation though, you should give Boris a call

all around

"Now they say!

If you're going to question someone's intelligence, it is always a good idea to check your spelling and grammar before clicking 'Post Message'.

You're welcome!"

I thank you for such a valuable contribution, I'll try to remember that spelling should take priority over content.

Your spelling is always exemplary

Manchester (she/her)

"

If the immune system is continually fighting stuff off, how would an injection every four months (using the time frame stated in the article) be a tipping point that makes it worse? Particularly when the immune system has to fight off a self limiting manufactured response, rather than a virus that wants to replicate as long as it can?

Glad you are managing your condition, you made me LOL calling your immune system an idiot.

You make good points and as I said upfront, I know little to nothing about this. I still think of it a bit like the pint glass analogy and adding just a little more liquid will cause it to overflow.

As you say, the body is dealing with attacks all the time, so adding on top of that repeated vaccine doses could potentially overwhelm it or breach capacity?"

You'd think we'd see that with, say, more circulating disease before vaccination, wouldn't you? If capacity is (invented numbers) 100 and you're exposed to 110, your immune system should struggle whether it's a disease or a vaccination that tips you over. But a vaccine is deliberately weakened or self limiting, so it's not a continued assault the way an active infection would be.

It's also possible that being "worn out" by numerous infections isn't the immune system but other parts of the body - like, two infections in a row that make it difficult to breathe: your lungs and chest muscles might be weakened regardless of immune system.

Brighton

"

As you say, the body is dealing with attacks all the time, so adding on top of that repeated vaccine doses could potentially overwhelm it or breach capacity?

You'd think we'd see that with, say, more circulating disease before vaccination, wouldn't you? If capacity is (invented numbers) 100 and you're exposed to 110, your immune system should struggle whether it's a disease or a vaccination that tips you over. But a vaccine is deliberately weakened or self limiting, so it's not a continued assault the way an active infection would be.

It's also possible that being "worn out" by numerous infections isn't the immune system but other parts of the body - like, two infections in a row that make it difficult to breathe: your lungs and chest muscles might be weakened regardless of immune system."

But we do see it circulating “disease” as per my original point on being “run down”. Before Covid was a thing a “run down” person got more ill or kept catching things. No reason to think that isn’t the case now but on top of that we are ALSO having vaccines/boosters. So the pint glass was almost full due to natural activity and then we top it up with vaccine induced activity and, oops the glass overflows.

Based on nothing except how I see it, got to say I am more in the camp with these EU scientists on this one (note they said may/might).

Manchester (she/her)

"

It's also possible that being "worn out" by numerous infections isn't the immune system but other parts of the body - like, two infections in a row that make it difficult to breathe: your lungs and chest muscles might be weakened regardless of immune system.

But we do see it circulating “disease” as per my original point on being “run down”. Before Covid was a thing a “run down” person got more ill or kept catching things. No reason to think that isn’t the case now but on top of that we are ALSO having vaccines/boosters. So the pint glass was almost full due to natural activity and then we top it up with vaccine induced activity and, oops the glass overflows.

Based on nothing except how I see it, got to say I am more in the camp with these EU scientists on this one (note they said may/might). "

Fair enough. I don't think a vaccine is sufficient insult on top of everything else we deal with, is my feeling on the matter. (Not that - as I've said elsewhere - I think "just keep jabbing" is a viable strategy. We need other interventions to protect people and updated vaccinations)

I listen to the helth ranger report podcast every day and listen to all the doctors that the mainstream refuse to air! When did you last hear any debate about you know what on TV or radio! I have a simple rule! No debate equals no integrity! No integrity means no respect! No respect ! You're finished! I hear everyone talking about a positive test result. My first question! What's the test? Ask most what the test is and they cannot tell you! I don't know, it's the test! Funny how most will blindly do as the government tell them! What to compare it to? How about walking across Morecambe bay not knowing when the tied is due or where the quicksand is! Just like fog, fools rush in. It's experimental and the company with the worse track record for telling lies and being fined has been given exemption from prosecution as well as the government! But cognitive dissonance is alive and well unfortunately.

all around

"

Based on nothing except how I see it, got to say I am more in the camp with these EU scientists on this one (note they said may/might). "

I don't see how anyone can disagree, the vaccine has been an enormous achievement and has undoubtedly saved many lives and a great deal of jobs but we can't and won't be doing monthly vaccinations which might come as a disappointment to the people who seek to justify their agenda.

The pandemic has seen advances in technology that will have far reaching developmenty such as cancer treatment that's already in progress using the mRNA process, something that has been under development for decades but now hopefully with unstoppable impetus.

Now having bought us time we need to rely on the science to lead us to the next stage and prepare us for the next time something similar happens.

Another Therapeutic treatment is never enough. I through my freedom of choice have trusted my natural free immune system and it has severed me perfectly well even after catching the full fat version in early 2020 not had it since and worked as normal throughout all lockdowns. I wish all those who used their own freedom of choice to receive it the best of health and urge the Anti vaxxers and Coercive vaxxers to stop buying division. Time to live with it start enjoying life instead of living in fear. We should of all learned to up our hygiene game but not to the extreme as you will end up with no natural immune system left. Lead the way UK

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 17:17:49]

Terra Firma

This is a "where we need to be" story?

Talk about stating the obvious...

They are suggesting a need to get to a once a year type flu jab scenario.

Why is everyone hanging onto the a jab every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people? And claiming I told you so

It is about transitioning to better vaccine timetable, and now relax.

In other news Boris Johnson said it wasn't a party, parties have jelly and ice-cream, everyone knows that.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

At some point annual booster's a la flu jab style seems to be the end game (though I'm sure the CEOs of Pfizer moderna etc will be gutted they can't get that extra yacht)

At some point the focus will need to be on providing vaccines to poorer nations

However, let's assume that by next year the UK will be on an annual booster jab program

Do you expect it to be aimed at the vulnerable populations (again, like flu jab), or will it be the full population

And for those who may have still not had any vaccines yet, will they still need the 2 initial jabs before being eligible to be boosted (again, using the flu jab as an example, you don't need priming as such, you just get the jab at whatever time you think you need it)

At this point let's not speculate on any particularly nasty new variants to keep it easier

Brighton

"

Based on nothing except how I see it, got to say I am more in the camp with these EU scientists on this one (note they said may/might).

I don't see how anyone can disagree, the vaccine has been an enormous achievement and has undoubtedly saved many lives and a great deal of jobs but we can't and won't be doing monthly vaccinations which might come as a disappointment to the people who seek to justify their agenda.

The pandemic has seen advances in technology that will have far reaching developmenty such as cancer treatment that's already in progress using the mRNA process, something that has been under development for decades but now hopefully with unstoppable impetus.

Now having bought us time we need to rely on the science to lead us to the next stage and prepare us for the next time something similar happens."

When it comes to Govt though (of any colour) they tend to be so short-termist that I wouldn’t be surprised if we were not prepared next time!

Brighton

"This is a "where we need to be" story?

Why is everyone hanging onto the a jab every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people? And claiming I told you so

It is about transitioning to better vaccine timetable, and now relax.."

Tell that to the Israelis

The point is that with the arrival of Omicron there HAS been talk of fourth jabs and multiple boosters AND the frequency increased and time since last jab WAS reduced. It was being explored.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"I listen to the helth ranger report podcast every day and listen to all the doctors that the mainstream refuse to air! When did you last hear any debate about you know what on TV or radio! I have a simple rule! No debate equals no integrity! No integrity means no respect! No respect ! You're finished! I hear everyone talking about a positive test result. My first question! What's the test? Ask most what the test is and they cannot tell you! I don't know, it's the test! Funny how most will blindly do as the government tell them! What to compare it to? How about walking across Morecambe bay not knowing when the tied is due or where the quicksand is! Just like fog, fools rush in. It's experimental and the company with the worse track record for telling lies and being fined has been given exemption from prosecution as well as the government! But cognitive dissonance is alive and well unfortunately."

Agnorant

One more jab to freedom.... One more Jab will never be enough a therapeutic treatment is a gravy train that keeps on chuggin. But I stand by what i say if people want to use their freedom of choice to receive it then let them receive it.

Terra Firma

It is about transitioning to better vaccine timetable, and now relax..

The point is that with the arrival of Omicron there HAS been talk of fourth jabs and multiple boosters AND the frequency increased and time since last jab WAS reduced. It was being explored."

Talk of, is what this story is about. Talk of getting to 1 jab a year or 2 to start with. makes sense but like most things gets blown out of all proportion by people who hold onto the headline grabber

Brighton

The point is that with the arrival of Omicron there HAS been talk of fourth jabs and multiple boosters AND the frequency increased and time since last jab WAS reduced. It was being explored.

Talk of, is what this story is about. Talk of getting to 1 jab a year or 2 to start with. makes sense but like most things gets blown out of all proportion by people who hold onto the headline grabber

"

Indeed and here is some alternative thinking/ideas which is a good thing!

I would hazard a guess that would be the same with the yearly flu jab as well...

Terra Firma

Indeed and here is some alternative thinking/ideas which is a good thing!"

Always good to see alternative views, helps broaden the mind but point scoring off a headline grabber is not an alternative idea, or maybe it is and I'm looking at it wrong.

Time to get back to Boris

Been saying this for almost a year..finally people and MSM are starting to document some areas of concern.

However there is still a long way to go with media and the government and move them to a more open discussion where we are given more information that is unbiased...

Unfortunately they mostly still spout the usual pfizer and moderna funded rubbish....

* 90% in ICU are unvaccinated

* There was no party in Downing Street

* We have no intention of bringing in vaccine passports

* There are no plans to vaccinate children

* We will always follow the science

* 15 million jabs to freedom

They are 100% effective

3 weeks to flatten the curve.

The list is endless...lol

Moving forward, I do believe that those people at risk i.e the elderly and with one or more comorbidities should have the vaccine, but that is also questionable in terms of frequency.

But certainly not everyone.

Your hindsight regarding a previously unknown Virus is outstanding!

I think people should be left alone to decide for themselves. If they want the jab then FairPlay to them. I personally won’t be having it. I know many people who haven’t had it and haven’t had covid once yet I know many people who have had it and have had covid more than once… kind of makes you think what the fuck is the point really. It’s a big scam and most people bowed down to the big bad government and bought into it.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

I have never seen or heard anyone say that anyone was ever going to have a vaccine or booster every 4 months so feel this is a non story ....

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla admits the First 2 doses offer little if ANY protection..and the booster only minimally better...What happened to "95% Efficacy ? Makes you wants if they have been telling lies?

Reading

Been saying this for almost a year..finally people and MSM are starting to document some areas of concern.

However there is still a long way to go with media and the government and move them to a more open discussion where we are given more information that is unbiased...

Unfortunately they mostly still spout the usual pfizer and moderna funded rubbish....

They are 100% effective

Moving forward, I do believe that those people at risk i.e the elderly and with one or more comorbidities should have the vaccine, but that is also questionable in terms of frequency.

"

I’m a Respiratory Nurse, over 90% of my ICU are unvaccinated, don’t give a shot if they weren’t a party though….

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"If these jabs had been properly tested we might find out a lot more about what they are doing to people

What you mean like keeping the majority out of intensive care on ventilators ? "

The "majority" would never have ended up in hospital on ventilators with or without the jabs

That's just pure hyperbole or you don't understand what a majority is

london

"Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla admits the First 2 doses offer little if ANY protection..and the booster only minimally better...What happened to "95% Efficacy ? Makes you wants if they have been telling lies?"

That Albert bourla sounds like a nasty conspiracy theorist, hopefully he will be censored

Check out Dr Robert Malone and Dr Michael Yeadon, former vice President of Pfizer ! Wonder why they arn't airing him on mainstream media!

It swept through the country before the rushed substance even got in peoples arms. Did even a million people die from the virus that is so deadly you need a test and then another test to know you have got it. I was over it in two days faster than it had taken certain people to choreograph tik tok videos.

When I meet someone in person that has had someone die FROM not WITH covid i will chew my own foreskin for a year. co morbidity's in elderly and even in young people already leave the immune system depleted catching it was just enough to see them off to die WITH covid i believe. 151k is the claimed death outcome to date out of 67 million people...Nature will always select the weak as she favours the strong and when they inevitably become the weak she comes a calling. Fear is the real pandemic from what i see. whipped up by a proven liar and a bunch of behaviour scientists who have got zilch correct in two years. I will never fear death i will enjoy my life and i implore others to as well. I wish everyone good health jabbed unjabbed semi jabbed whatever.

"Check out Dr Robert Malone and Dr Michael Yeadon, former vice President of Pfizer ! Wonder why they arn't airing him on mainstream media!"

Because they don't fit their narrative. They know that the more people hear what these experts have to say (and their credentials are worthy) then things will go bad very quickly and people will stop buying into the mass information psychosis going on right now.

Listen to Joe Rogan's podcast with these two.

They are 100% effective

I’m a Respiratory Nurse, over 90% of my ICU are unvaccinated, don’t give a shot if they weren’t a party though…. "

Yes. Unvaccinated = no vaccine / one vaccine / two vaccines.

Soon ALL the boosted will ALSO be unvaccinated!

And come the end of March, there will be a brand new vaccine just for Omicron, so if you don't get that, you will no doubt also be unvaccinated lol

Research cytokine storm! Australia is soon going to experience one followed by a flood of Chinese heading towards their mineral mines!

"Your hindsight regarding a previously unknown Virus is outstanding! "

How very odd of you. I've been saying it for almost a year. The vaccines started just over a year ago.

Do the math.

Brighton

"Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla admits the First 2 doses offer little if ANY protection..and the booster only minimally better...What happened to "95% Efficacy ? Makes you wants if they have been telling lies?"

He was only talking about Omicron though.

Remdesivir causes Kidney failure and then they put you on a ventilator ! Try to stay out of hospital at all costs!

Central

"Check out Dr Robert Malone and Dr Michael Yeadon, former vice President of Pfizer ! Wonder why they arn't airing him on mainstream media!"

Probably because they aren't reliably trustworthy. We don't need MSM or YouTube to deliver peer reviewed evidence, when appropriate media exist for this elsewhere.

Brighton

The problem is that Yeadon has thrown his lot in with Piers Corbyn and whatever credibility he might have had has been wiped out.

Reading

"UK Parliament didn't want us to leave the EU! So guess what they are up to now! Sorry to tell you this, but UN stands for UnitedNazis ! The third world war started a long time ago and everything is there for anyone to read on the United Nations website as well as the world economic forum website! Agenda21 and agenda2030 plus all the others! Have you seen the Georgia Guide Stones? WHO in their right mind would pay so much? There they are, written in stone, population under 500 million! Any suggestions how they manage that? David Icke, manufactured virus! If you haven't seen ickonic.com check it out!"

Perhaps you need to put more water in it mate.

Reading

"UK Parliament didn't want us to leave the EU! So guess what they are up to now! Sorry to tell you this, but UN stands for UnitedNazis ! The third world war started a long time ago and everything is there for anyone to read on the United Nations website as well as the world economic forum website! Agenda21 and agenda2030 plus all the others! Have you seen the Georgia Guide Stones? WHO in their right mind would pay so much? There they are, written in stone, population under 500 million! Any suggestions how they manage that? David Icke, manufactured virus! If you haven't seen ickonic.com check it out!"

Perhaps you need to put more water in it mate.

"Check out Dr Robert Malone and Dr Michael Yeadon, former vice President of Pfizer ! Wonder why they arn't airing him on mainstream media!

Probably because they aren't reliably trustworthy. We don't need MSM or YouTube to deliver peer reviewed evidence, when appropriate media exist for this elsewhere. "

Have you actually looked at Dr Malone's credentials? or are you just making comments to discredit someone that has done a lot for vaccine studies for a very long time?

And what 'appropriate media' are you relating to?

The government funded BBC or Media outlets paid by Pfizer to promote their agenda?

"Check out Dr Robert Malone and Dr Michael Yeadon, former vice President of Pfizer ! Wonder why they arn't airing him on mainstream media!

The problem is that Yeadon has thrown his lot in with Piers Corbyn and whatever credibility he might have had has been wiped out. "

Controlled opposition?

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole fear campaign has its roots in the the rebellion this country showed in defiance to a power obsessed nuthouse Drakey and The wee Krankey would fit in just perfectly. If it upset Old treasonous war criminal Tony it was the right move for me. Must of upset a lot of cross grained peoples work and not to mention the lolly spent on building the model. Go in for the kill and establish dictatorship while they still HAD the chance maybe.....

Midlands

Yes he was, this is what he said “as two doses of Pfizer’s Covid injection only offer “very limited protection, if any,” and three doses only offer reasonable protection against Omicron, Pfizer will have a new version of their injection, “version 1.1”, ready in March.

But my questions are, What ingredients will be in the version 1.1 injections? What will be the next version of the gene therapy drugs be instructing our bodies’ cells to manufacture? What will be their adverse effects? What will the long-term effects and intergenerational effects be? Are they to be trialled fully before being unleashed on the worlds populations? Will they be more dangerous than version 1.0? How many more doses? How many more versions? When does it stop?

Brighton

The problem is that Yeadon has thrown his lot in with Piers Corbyn and whatever credibility he might have had has been wiped out.

Controlled opposition?"

What does that mean?

Controlled opposition?

What does that mean?"

One definition is "A protest movement that is actually being led by government agents."

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The point is that with the arrival of Omicron there HAS been talk of fourth jabs and multiple boosters AND the frequency increased and time since last jab WAS reduced. It was being explored."

The point is that there has never before in the history of mankind been a moment when so many people have been simultaneously infected with a virus that (a) humanity has started from a position of having no pre-existing immunity against, (b) is incredibly infectious, and (c) undergoes mutation quite easily. This plus the general failure of infection control measures (masking, social distancing, lockdowns, quarantines etc, every single one of which has utterly failed because too many people simply refuse to do them), has led to the situation where everybody is faced with being frequently re-infected with variations of covid which differ enough that previous infection does not give protection against future infection.

In the absence of the vaccination programme, there would be 100% certainty of people getting more and more worn out by frequent re-infection, never getting the opportunity to recover before catching the next variant. If there is any "weakening of the immune system" then this is precisely the scenario that will do it. With rampant spread of viral versions in this way, there is zero control over how often a new dose is caught, how big that dose is, how long it could weaken the body for.

The hope for the vaccination programme was to stimulate immunity against covid, such that (a) people catching it would be less likely to die, and (b) that the spread of it would lessen and we could reach the position where the R number was less than 1, the number infected at any one moment would be reducing, and the opportunity for viral mutation would be consequently reduce. When 10 million people are infected there is 10 million times higher chance of worse mutations coming along than if there was only 1 person infected - this is just simple maths. Buying ten lottery tickets gives ten times higher chance of winning than buying one lottery ticket.

What is obvious now is that although there has been moderate success with vaccine aim (a), there has been utter failure with vaccine aim (b). We have a situation where the virus is mutating at a rate where the existing vaccines are less effective, and it is now highly likely that it will be impossible to keep modifying the vaccine fast enough to keep up with the mutations. We are at a "last desperate throw of the dice" situation. No scientist, doctor, government ever wanted to be in this position of trying their hardest to keep peoples immunity topped up, hoping against hope that this might slow down the progress of the virus and the progress of the mutations.

We have now seen with the omicron variant that this disease can spread faster than we can ever control it. Currently, today, there is something like 20% of the UK population infected. Most of those become infectious and start passing it on to others before they even realise that they have it and/or think that they have recovered but are still capable of passing it along (studies of the 5 day isolation plus 1 negative test before return to work that government is expected to reduce the rules to, has been shown to result in one in three of those people returning to work still being infectious). Immunity gained from infection has been shown to not be sufficient to protect against re-infection; there are so many cases world wide now that the virus changes faster than gained immunity can keep up.

Apart from the few that can take the most stringent possible self-isolation measures, it is now a certainty that infection will approach 100% of the population. Almost every person with existing co-morbidities that are made worse by covid will become very ill, many will die. The vaccines will reduce the illness for some of these people and save many lives, it will not save all the lives.

Everybody can expect to be ill with covid multiple times in their lives, each time suffering some level of organic damage. On average, it may take longer to get better than the time to become re-infected. Being ill will become the normal situation. Our children will look back on the second half of the 20th century and the first 19 years of the 21st century as a golden era where people had a thing called "health" and could expect to live way beyond 50 years.

We also may be only one single mutation away from a variant that is both highly infectious and much more deadly. The chance of this happening during the next several years is incredibly high. As I stated at the start, there has never before in the history of the world been such a high number of people simultaneously infected and breeding mutations of a virus.

The hope against hope is that the current vaccines will have given enough time for better vaccines to have been created, better treatments to have been found, such that the virus can be brought under control in a way that all current measures have failed to do.

We have not reached a "new normal" yet, we are merely in a transition period. If we are supremely lucky there will be an eventual new normal that is not so different from what we have been accustomed to. My fear is that the actual new normal that we reach will be seen by few of us, and will make the time of the black death look like paradise.

all around

"Yes he was, this is what he said “as two doses of Pfizer’s Covid injection only offer “very limited protection, if any,” and three doses only offer reasonable protection against Omicron, Pfizer will have a new version of their injection, “version 1.1”, ready in March.

But my questions are, What ingredients will be in the version 1.1 injections? What will be the next version of the gene therapy drugs be instructing our bodies’ cells to manufacture? What will be their adverse effects? What will the long-term effects and intergenerational effects be? Are they to be trialled fully before being unleashed on the worlds populations? Will they be more dangerous than version 1.0? How many more doses? How many more versions? When does it stop?"

FACT CHECK

mRNA is NOT gene therapy

The point is that there has never before in the history of mankind been a moment when so many people have been simultaneously infected with a virus that (a) humanity has started from a position of having no pre-existing immunity against, (b) is incredibly infectious, and (c) undergoes mutation quite easily. This plus the general failure of infection control measures (masking, social distancing, lockdowns, quarantines etc, every single one of which has utterly failed because too many people simply refuse to do them), has led to the situation where everybody is faced with being frequently re-infected with variations of covid which differ enough that previous infection does not give protection against future infection.

In the absence of the vaccination programme, there would be 100% certainty of people getting more and more worn out by frequent re-infection, never getting the opportunity to recover before catching the next variant. If there is any "weakening of the immune system" then this is precisely the scenario that will do it. With rampant spread of viral versions in this way, there is zero control over how often a new dose is caught, how big that dose is, how long it could weaken the body for.

The hope for the vaccination programme was to stimulate immunity against covid, such that (a) people catching it would be less likely to die, and (b) that the spread of it would lessen and we could reach the position where the R number was less than 1, the number infected at any one moment would be reducing, and the opportunity for viral mutation would be consequently reduce. When 10 million people are infected there is 10 million times higher chance of worse mutations coming along than if there was only 1 person infected - this is just simple maths. Buying ten lottery tickets gives ten times higher chance of winning than buying one lottery ticket.

What is obvious now is that although there has been moderate success with vaccine aim (a), there has been utter failure with vaccine aim (b). We have a situation where the virus is mutating at a rate where the existing vaccines are less effective, and it is now highly likely that it will be impossible to keep modifying the vaccine fast enough to keep up with the mutations. We are at a "last desperate throw of the dice" situation. No scientist, doctor, government ever wanted to be in this position of trying their hardest to keep peoples immunity topped up, hoping against hope that this might slow down the progress of the virus and the progress of the mutations.

We have now seen with the omicron variant that this disease can spread faster than we can ever control it. Currently, today, there is something like 20% of the UK population infected. Most of those become infectious and start passing it on to others before they even realise that they have it and/or think that they have recovered but are still capable of passing it along (studies of the 5 day isolation plus 1 negative test before return to work that government is expected to reduce the rules to, has been shown to result in one in three of those people returning to work still being infectious). Immunity gained from infection has been shown to not be sufficient to protect against re-infection; there are so many cases world wide now that the virus changes faster than gained immunity can keep up.

Apart from the few that can take the most stringent possible self-isolation measures, it is now a certainty that infection will approach 100% of the population. Almost every person with existing co-morbidities that are made worse by covid will become very ill, many will die. The vaccines will reduce the illness for some of these people and save many lives, it will not save all the lives.

Everybody can expect to be ill with covid multiple times in their lives, each time suffering some level of organic damage. On average, it may take longer to get better than the time to become re-infected. Being ill will become the normal situation. Our children will look back on the second half of the 20th century and the first 19 years of the 21st century as a golden era where people had a thing called "health" and could expect to live way beyond 50 years.

We also may be only one single mutation away from a variant that is both highly infectious and much more deadly. The chance of this happening during the next several years is incredibly high. As I stated at the start, there has never before in the history of the world been such a high number of people simultaneously infected and breeding mutations of a virus.

The hope against hope is that the current vaccines will have given enough time for better vaccines to have been created, better treatments to have been found, such that the virus can be brought under control in a way that all current measures have failed to do.

We have not reached a "new normal" yet, we are merely in a transition period. If we are supremely lucky there will be an eventual new normal that is not so different from what we have been accustomed to. My fear is that the actual new normal that we reach will be seen by few of us, and will make the time of the black death look like paradise."

What absolute scaremongering nonsense. Shame on you.

Your entire post is littered with inaccuracies, such as :

"Everybody can expect to be ill with covid multiple times in their lives, each time suffering some level of organic damage"

The reality is that the vast majority of people suffer absolutely no 'organic damage'. Absolute tripe.

all around

We have not reached a "new normal" yet, we are merely in a transition period. If we are supremely lucky there will be an eventual new normal that is not so different from what we have been accustomed to. My fear is that the actual new normal that we reach will be seen by few of us, and will make the time of the black death look like paradise.

What absolute scaremongering nonsense. Shame on you.

Your entire post is littered with inaccuracies, such as :

"Everybody can expect to be ill with covid multiple times in their lives, each time suffering some level of organic damage"

The reality is that the vast majority of people suffer absolutely no 'organic damage'. Absolute tripe."

That's written with quite an authority

What qualifies you to make such a statement ?

Midlands

The president of Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals Division told international “experts” during a globalist health conference that the mRNA COVID-19 shots are indeed “cell and gene therapy” marketed as “vaccines” to be palatable to the public.

Stefan Oelrich, president of Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals Division, made these comments at this year’s World Health Summit, which took place in Berlin from October 24-26 and hosted 6,000 people from 120 countries. Oelrich told his fellow international “experts” from academia, politics, and the private sector that the novel mRNA COVID “vaccines” are actually “cell and gene therapy” that would have otherwise been rejected by the public if not for a “pandemic” and favorable marketing.

“We are really taking that leap [to drive innovation] – us as a company, Bayer – in cell and gene therapies … ultimately the mRNA vaccines are an example for that cell and gene therapy. I always like to say: if we had surveyed two years ago in the public – ‘would you be willing to take a gene or cell therapy and inject it into your body?’ – we probably would have had a 95% refusal rate,” stated Oelrich.

Midlands

Bayer Pharmaceuticals are one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world and theses are the presidents words not mine!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

There might be hope researchers at the university of Oregon have isolated two compounds from hemp cannabis – cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid which they have found bind to the coronavirus spike protein preventing it from attaching to the outer membrane of the cell, having a puff may give the same effect the paper was only published the other day, pubmed dot gov.

all around

"

The president of Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals Division told international “experts” during a globalist health conference that the mRNA COVID-19 shots are indeed “cell and gene therapy” marketed as “vaccines” to be palatable to the public.

Stefan Oelrich, president of Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals Division, made these comments at this year’s World Health Summit, which took place in Berlin from October 24-26 and hosted 6,000 people from 120 countries. Oelrich told his fellow international “experts” from academia, politics, and the private sector that the novel mRNA COVID “vaccines” are actually “cell and gene therapy” that would have otherwise been rejected by the public if not for a “pandemic” and favorable marketing.

“We are really taking that leap [to drive innovation] – us as a company, Bayer – in cell and gene therapies … ultimately the mRNA vaccines are an example for that cell and gene therapy. I always like to say: if we had surveyed two years ago in the public – ‘would you be willing to take a gene or cell therapy and inject it into your body?’ – we probably would have had a 95% refusal rate,” stated Oelrich."

Total bullshit misinformation

mRNA is by DEFINITION not gene therapy

Obviously your education is via YouTube

By *iddylad87Man  over a year ago

kidderminster

12 months ago I was the crazy one for refusing an experimental jab!!! Now look, appears to be abit of truth behind what I’ve said

all around

"Bayer Pharmaceuticals are one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world and theses are the presidents words not mine! "

Perhaps then you should have checked the Bayer website for a basic understanding of what they do lol

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

The Bloomberg article has been changed. It now says, "Changes headline and first two sentences to clarify EMA is referring to the immune response not immune system".

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Stefan Oelrich actually said, in the context of discussing how gene therapies could be developed and used, that “mRNA vaccines are an example FOR that cell and gene therapy”.

As in, the way in which mRNA vaccines have been developed, so gene and cell therapies could be developed using that workflow.

The key alteration to his sentence by the usual garbage masquerading as news is the substitution of "for" with "of", which changes the meaning entirely.

Not one solitary plausible source reports anything other than his original words. The reworded quotation is on all the usual fruit loop channels.

Also Bloomberg have had to review their reporting of the EMA statement, because their first attempt was complete nonsense.

There's no such thing as immune system fatigue from a medical or immunological standpoint. You won't find any medical textbook that refers to immune system fatigue.

The EMA did say that countries cannot continue with mass vaccine programmes every few months - logistically this is very true.

The reference to fatigue was to fatigue in the general population to having to receive vaccines frequently - let's face it, none of us actually enjoy getting a vaccine, nor standing in queues, taking time off work to go etc. It's the fatigue in that sense which was referred to.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Manchester (she/her)

"

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story. "

As per, hey?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

A good job I've not been told to have a booster every 4 months then...has anyone else?"

No and I will be refusing if I did.

Imagine if you were one of those people that bought If,Could,Might,Should with no liability sold by a proven habitual liar and a bloke that has not got a single thing correct in two years in this so called pandemic, And Then didn't even think to ask the person injecting them with a rushed experimental substance what it contains. That sounds like gullibility and Insanity in my opinion but I respect their basic human right of choice. Does anybody actually even know what its make up is.

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I don’t even know what the sandwich I bought for lunch today was made up of so I’m very unlikely to know what the vaccine was made up of!

Midlands

Iv been asking the same question for the last 2 years and not many people actually knows the exact ingredients in each and every vaccine. Vaccine companies are not very forthcoming with exactly what’s in each shot? Another thing I find difficult to understand is that the vaccine companies have wavered liability for vaccine injuries? is that because they know what’s in the shots it can cause adverse reactions which they don’t want to be responsible for?

Aberdeen

"Iv been asking the same question for the last 2 years and not many people actually knows the exact ingredients in each and every vaccine. Vaccine companies are not very forthcoming with exactly what’s in each shot? Another thing I find difficult to understand is that the vaccine companies have wavered liability for vaccine injuries? is that because they know what’s in the shots it can cause adverse reactions which they don’t want to be responsible for?"
I’m not really sure it would make any sense to us everyday people even if they did explain what and where they were developed from. Plus I would think if a vaccine is passed by governments (as far as I know no country has not) that might then be dual responsibility. There have always been adverse reactions to vaccinations and it has been in very small numbers proportionally.

That's you speaking for yourself certainly not for me I like to know what It is exactly I'm ingesting never mind what someone I don't know from Adam is injecting in my body. That is just out an out gullible insanity with no respect for their body. Harold shipman would of absolutely loved you Proably would even of even said thank you sir with the logic you have just spouted

Aberdeen

"That's you speaking for yourself certainly not for me I like to know what It is exactly I'm ingesting never mind what someone I don't know from Adam is injecting in my body. That is just out an out gullible insanity with no respect for their body. Harold shipman would of absolutely loved you Proably would even of even said thank you sir with the logic you have just spouted"
so you question everything that you have ever bought to eat and drink? If you are bringing Harold shipman into it. Have their not been people who have who have deliberately put drugs/poison into food or drinks whilst doing their job? We have to put trust in people who are in those positions. If not then we are all in trouble and our paranoia will destroy us. Harold shipman was a murderer who killed people for their money. Very different from the vast majority unless you the scientific industry is rife with them!

Midlands

Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science

Aberdeen

"Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science"
have you asked the same questions when you’ve been to the dentist? Or do you ask him/her what else is in that what you are freezing my mouth with? Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives, without questioning the actual make up of what you are getting and happy when told what it was for? So why now is it different?

I have not even read his comment after that garbage. Totally blind to people of those opinions don't even see them. If I'm honest I smell Troll.

I remember watching the woman who apparently came up with AZ and on the interview she said oh it's nothing just a little bit of the virus and mostly salty water and some preservatives I absolutely felt horrified at that explanation this is a substance your injecting people with and evidently have had severe adverse reactions and that is all you are telling them. Salts of what exactly preservatives chili powder sodium nitrate what. I just hope us sceptics find truth and we don't see people we love keeling over from long term side effect shit. I will never trust a government after what I've seen the past two years

Aberdeen

"I have not even read his comment after that garbage. Totally blind to people of those opinions don't even see them. If I'm honest I smell Troll.

I remember watching the woman who apparently came up with AZ and on the interview she said oh it's nothing just a little bit of the virus and mostly salty water and some preservatives I absolutely felt horrified at that explanation this is a substance your injecting people with and evidently have had severe adverse reactions and that is all you are telling them. Salts of what exactly preservatives chili powder sodium nitrate what. I just hope us sceptics find truth and we don't see people we love keeling over from long term side effect shit. I will never trust a government after what I've seen the past two years "

you did read it! Remember a differing opinion from yours is garbage? It is only an opinion as you are waiting to be proved right, which might actually not be the case and you are proved wrong. I think you are well past the sceptical stage though but have no facts to back up your statements. Smell troll? well I’ve yet to have a thread removed and had a sin bin from the forums.

"Now they say!

You're welcome!"

Spelling and grammar have nothing to do with intelligence.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"That's you speaking for yourself certainly not for me I like to know what It is exactly I'm ingesting never mind what someone I don't know from Adam is injecting in my body. That is just out an out gullible insanity with no respect for their body. Harold shipman would of absolutely loved you Proably would even of even said thank you sir with the logic you have just spouted"

Have you ever eaten a takeaway meal? Just what is a kebab made out of? Do you know what is in that pint of beer? Do you understand the exact constitution of the shampoo you put on your hair, and the reason for every ingredient of the toothpaste you put in your mouth? Do you even know what is in the water that comes out of your taps, or the water that you buy from Evian? Do you know what is in the dyes that colour the clothes that are against your skin? Are you qualified to understand the possible effects of the lube that you use when having sex?

You have absolutely no idea what you put into your body every single day of your life.

Aberdeen

"That's you speaking for yourself certainly not for me I like to know what It is exactly I'm ingesting never mind what someone I don't know from Adam is injecting in my body. That is just out an out gullible insanity with no respect for their body. Harold shipman would of absolutely loved you Proably would even of even said thank you sir with the logic you have just spouted

Have you ever eaten a takeaway meal? Just what is a kebab made out of? Do you know what is in that pint of beer? Do you understand the exact constitution of the shampoo you put on your hair, and the reason for every ingredient of the toothpaste you put in your mouth? Do you even know what is in the water that comes out of your taps, or the water that you buy from Evian? Do you know what is in the dyes that colour the clothes that are against your skin? Are you qualified to understand the possible effects of the lube that you use when having sex?

You have absolutely no idea what you put into your body every single day of your life."

come on he says he wants to know exactly what he is ingesting! I just hope I’m not behind him in the queue at the supermarket/take away/Bar etc as it could be a long wait while it’s all broken down to him.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 13/01/22 06:49:09]

"

Also Bloomberg have had to review their reporting of the EMA statement, because their first attempt was complete nonsense.

"

Aren't we always being told that 'trusted' news sources do not spread misinformation?

. To much of a bad thing also

Brighton

"Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science have you asked the same questions when you’ve been to the dentist? Or do you ask him/her what else is in that what you are freezing my mouth with? Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives, without questioning the actual make up of what you are getting and happy when told what it was for? So why now is it different?"

Not commenting on whether the vaccines are safe etc as that has been debated ad infinitum. But as per a thread I started the other week, the biggest barrier is actually a lack of trust in govt and pharma based on a combination of recent and historic actions.

You say “Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives”. The key point in that sentence is “all our lives” ie these drugs/treatments etc have been around for years and have substantial long term data that has (people presume) been used to adjust/update to reduce risks. That simply isn’t possible with the Covid vaccines hence the level of trust is lower.

"Iv been asking the same question for the last 2 years and not many people actually knows the exact ingredients in each and every vaccine. Vaccine companies are not very forthcoming with exactly what’s in each shot? Another thing I find difficult to understand is that the vaccine companies have wavered liability for vaccine injuries? is that because they know what’s in the shots it can cause adverse reactions which they don’t want to be responsible for?"

The exact content of the vaccines can be found online

Aberdeen

"Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science have you asked the same questions when you’ve been to the dentist? Or do you ask him/her what else is in that what you are freezing my mouth with? Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives, without questioning the actual make up of what you are getting and happy when told what it was for? So why now is it different?

Not commenting on whether the vaccines are safe etc as that has been debated ad infinitum. But as per a thread I started the other week, the biggest barrier is actually a lack of trust in govt and pharma based on a combination of recent and historic actions.

You say “Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives”. The key point in that sentence is “all our lives” ie these drugs/treatments etc have been around for years and have substantial long term data that has (people presume) been used to adjust/update to reduce risks. That simply isn’t possible with the Covid vaccines hence the level of trust is lower. "

all those drugs/treatment you point out that have been around for years were new at some point! Is the vaccine safe in my opinion yes it is and like any other medical treatment over years there will be a very small ratio of cases that will have bad or serious reactions to them. As far as I can gather from the data that we hear yes it is safe! Yet people with no facts or figures to back up their claims that it is unsafe.

The article has now been changed, as noted at the bottom:

(Changes headline and first two sentences to clarify EMA is referring to the immune response not immune system)

And the top:

Frequent Boosters Spur Warning on Immune Response (Correct)

Jan. 12, 2022, 5:27 PM

Brighton

"Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science have you asked the same questions when you’ve been to the dentist? Or do you ask him/her what else is in that what you are freezing my mouth with? Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives, without questioning the actual make up of what you are getting and happy when told what it was for? So why now is it different?

You say “Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives”. The key point in that sentence is “all our lives” ie these drugs/treatments etc have been around for years and have substantial long term data that has (people presume) been used to adjust/update to reduce risks. That simply isn’t possible with the Covid vaccines hence the level of trust is lower. all those drugs/treatment you point out that have been around for years were new at some point! Is the vaccine safe in my opinion yes it is and like any other medical treatment over years there will be a very small ratio of cases that will have bad or serious reactions to them. As far as I can gather from the data that we hear yes it is safe! Yet people with no facts or figures to back up their claims that it is unsafe. "

Of course they were new at some point but I doubt any had been used billions of times within 12-14mths of release. THAT is the point. ALL other “drugs” are rolled out into general usage gradually.

In recent memory there was the rapid development and deployment if the Swine Flu vaccine. If you read this article from the British Medical Journal you will see that the authorities lied and there were consequences for people. It is actions like this that erode trust...

https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3948

As I said, that doesn’t mean the Covid vaccines aren’t safe but it does surely help explain why some people remain cautious, hesitant or even anti?

Aberdeen

You say “Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives”. The key point in that sentence is “all our lives” ie these drugs/treatments etc have been around for years and have substantial long term data that has (people presume) been used to adjust/update to reduce risks. That simply isn’t possible with the Covid vaccines hence the level of trust is lower. all those drugs/treatment you point out that have been around for years were new at some point! Is the vaccine safe in my opinion yes it is and like any other medical treatment over years there will be a very small ratio of cases that will have bad or serious reactions to them. As far as I can gather from the data that we hear yes it is safe! Yet people with no facts or figures to back up their claims that it is unsafe.

Of course they were new at some point but I doubt any had been used billions of times within 12-14mths of release. THAT is the point. ALL other “drugs” are rolled out into general usage gradually.

In recent memory there was the rapid development and deployment if the Swine Flu vaccine. If you read this article from the British Medical Journal you will see that the authorities lied and there were consequences for people. It is actions like this that erode trust...

As I said, that doesn’t mean the Covid vaccines aren’t safe but it does surely help explain why some people remain cautious, hesitant or even anti? "

yes I can understand that people have distrust in the government, yet has every government in the world colluded to sing from the same page? I find that highly unlikely as they have never agreed on anything together before or even close to it

Brighton

You say “Nobody really distrusted any injections that we as people have been getting all our lives”. The key point in that sentence is “all our lives” ie these drugs/treatments etc have been around for years and have substantial long term data that has (people presume) been used to adjust/update to reduce risks. That simply isn’t possible with the Covid vaccines hence the level of trust is lower. all those drugs/treatment you point out that have been around for years were new at some point! Is the vaccine safe in my opinion yes it is and like any other medical treatment over years there will be a very small ratio of cases that will have bad or serious reactions to them. As far as I can gather from the data that we hear yes it is safe! Yet people with no facts or figures to back up their claims that it is unsafe.

As I said, that doesn’t mean the Covid vaccines aren’t safe but it does surely help explain why some people remain cautious, hesitant or even anti? yes I can understand that people have distrust in the government, yet has every government in the world colluded to sing from the same page? I find that highly unlikely as they have never agreed on anything together before or even close to it"

Why does everything have to be stretched into some kind of coordinated conspiracy? Trust is emotive more than logical. While there are those who believe there are conspiracies, there are probably far more who are only saying to themselves “hmmm no long term data for a while yet so prefer to wait”. Some of that caution (as I said above) is driven by an ongoing erosion in trust of govt and pharma (with some powerful examples over the years as to why trust has at times bee misplaced). Invariably this comes down to the greed and moral vacuum of individuals (or groups of individuals) more so than some kind of global coordination.

Aberdeen

As I said, that doesn’t mean the Covid vaccines aren’t safe but it does surely help explain why some people remain cautious, hesitant or even anti? yes I can understand that people have distrust in the government, yet has every government in the world colluded to sing from the same page? I find that highly unlikely as they have never agreed on anything together before or even close to it

Why does everything have to be stretched into some kind of coordinated conspiracy? Trust is emotive more than logical. While there are those who believe there are conspiracies, there are probably far more who are only saying to themselves “hmmm no long term data for a while yet so prefer to wait”. Some of that caution (as I said above) is driven by an ongoing erosion in trust of govt and pharma (with some powerful examples over the years as to why trust has at times bee misplaced). Invariably this comes down to the greed and moral vacuum of individuals (or groups of individuals) more so than some kind of global coordination. "

I don’t think anyone will deny that corporate greed is a big and real thing and pharma is one of many industries that can be levelled at and none more than Oil Companies who have taken a big financial hit since covid. Medicine is essential to us all and that is probably the main reason that the average life expectancy is now circa 80 years. From 100 years ago medical breakthroughs have done wonders for lots of illnesses so I think they deserve at least some trust in that they are trying the best then can. It’s their brand and reputation on the line for the success or lack of if that is the case. Time will tell what that outcome will be.

I think the key word when reading anything whatsoever , is the word 'could'.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Correct me isn't the UK government promoting boosters?

I soooo like brexiters logical thinking.

On this case I will give you the benefit of doubt and say you are being ironic.

Brighton

As I said, that doesn’t mean the Covid vaccines aren’t safe but it does surely help explain why some people remain cautious, hesitant or even anti? yes I can understand that people have distrust in the government, yet has every government in the world colluded to sing from the same page? I find that highly unlikely as they have never agreed on anything together before or even close to it

Why does everything have to be stretched into some kind of coordinated conspiracy? Trust is emotive more than logical. While there are those who believe there are conspiracies, there are probably far more who are only saying to themselves “hmmm no long term data for a while yet so prefer to wait”. Some of that caution (as I said above) is driven by an ongoing erosion in trust of govt and pharma (with some powerful examples over the years as to why trust has at times bee misplaced). Invariably this comes down to the greed and moral vacuum of individuals (or groups of individuals) more so than some kind of global coordination. I don’t think anyone will deny that corporate greed is a big and real thing and pharma is one of many industries that can be levelled at and none more than Oil Companies who have taken a big financial hit since covid. Medicine is essential to us all and that is probably the main reason that the average life expectancy is now circa 80 years. From 100 years ago medical breakthroughs have done wonders for lots of illnesses so I think they deserve at least some trust in that they are trying the best then can. It’s their brand and reputation on the line for the success or lack of if that is the case. Time will tell what that outcome will be. "

Without doubt pharma companies have done lots of good and countless people owe their lives to their drugs. But we are talking about trust which is hard to earn and easy to lose. There are many scandals and $billions in lawsuits against much of the pharma industry and that does not help their reputation.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Straight banana anyone?

london

"Correct me isn't the UK government promoting boosters?

On this case I will give you the benefit of doubt and say you are being ironic."

What’s the link between Covid and Brexit? Seems at best a weird association but more likely a moronic association

Why does everything have to be stretched into some kind of coordinated conspiracy? Trust is emotive more than logical. While there are those who believe there are conspiracies, there are probably far more who are only saying to themselves “hmmm no long term data for a while yet so prefer to wait”. Some of that caution (as I said above) is driven by an ongoing erosion in trust of govt and pharma (with some powerful examples over the years as to why trust has at times bee misplaced). Invariably this comes down to the greed and moral vacuum of individuals (or groups of individuals) more so than some kind of global coordination. "

Indeed.

But it is easier to label everything as a conspiracy.

all around

"Totally agree. There is no proper transparency, clarity or detailed information on exactly what each ingredient is, what exactly its purpose is, why it’s been added to the jab, what it’s role is, what the possible side effects are and what can be done to treat potential side affects. It would also be great if they had long term data to prove the safety of each jab too to inspire more confidence and trust. Isn’t it common sense to know what’s been injected into your bodily systems I.e circulatory system, immune system, neurological system etc. how it affects your organs, does it affect other medications, cancer patients, does it affect fertility, pregnancy etc etc so many unknowns, so many unanswered questions ain’t people asking these questions too or are they just happy to trust the science"

Previous posts indicated you had an in depth understanding of the vaccine and how it works it's a pity you contradicted yourself by saying you don't know what's in it or how it works.

What you want to know is out there but probably not in a format that's easy for you to understand.

Spain, Lancs

What’s the link between Covid and Brexit? Seems at best a weird association but more likely a moronic association "

The Remainers have been gleeful about coronavirus since Day One. It gives them hope that something will go wrong and give them yet another chance of power.

Then their true agenda will be revealed

Aberdeen

What’s the link between Covid and Brexit? Seems at best a weird association but more likely a moronic association

The Remainers have been gleeful about coronavirus since Day One. It gives them hope that something will go wrong and give them yet another chance of power.

Then their true agenda will be revealed"

seriously? Come on man that’s ridiculous

Brighton

The venn diagram may have intersections but there is no direct overlay between Remainer, Brexiter, Covid Denier, Anti Vaxxer, Vaccine Hesitant, Pro Vaxxer, Pro Choice etc etc

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Then their true agenda will be revealed"

and what is this "true agenda"?

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Ah yes. Contradictions.

Yeah. Contradiction sure is a problem."

Voice of reason and proof that common sense exists...(not sure why I am blocked...something I said?)

Bristol

"The venn diagram may have intersections but there is no direct overlay between Remainer, Brexiter, Covid Denier, Anti Vaxxer, Vaccine Hesitant, Pro Vaxxer, Pro Choice etc etc

"

Yes - it’s just an unfortunate coincidence that every frothing Brexiteer is also a raving anti-vaxxer.

No conclusions can possibly be drawn!

Spain, Lancs

Then their true agenda will be revealed seriously? Come on man that’s ridiculous "

Lord Adonis, the cruelly named pro-EU fanatic, let the cat out of the bag this morning when he Tweeted: 'Boris gone, Brexit gone'.

Check it yourself. These people's bitterness is still being nursed after 6 years

Spain, Lancs

Then their true agenda will be revealed

and what is this "true agenda"? "

pro-EU fanatic Lord Adonis Tweeted this morning: 'Boris gone, Brexit gone'.

It's our votes they are trying to ignore.

Cat out of bag, eh?

Spain, Lancs

[Removed by poster at 13/01/22 12:29:48]

Spain, Lancs

"The venn diagram may have intersections but there is no direct overlay between Remainer, Brexiter, Covid Denier, Anti Vaxxer, Vaccine Hesitant, Pro Vaxxer, Pro Choice etc etc

Yes - it’s just an unfortunate coincidence that every frothing Brexiteer is also a raving anti-vaxxer.

No conclusions can possibly be drawn!"

Ad hom the best you can do, eh?

From Bloomberg:

Correction: EU regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune response and may not be feasible. An earlier story said the shots could affect the immune system.

Bristol

Ad hom the best you can do, eh?"

You recognise the truth of it, of course.

So no, it doesn't weaken the immune system. They were saying it may affect the immune response to the vaccine.

But as far as we know, we aren't getting boosters every 3 or 4 months in the long term

Bristol

"So no, it doesn't weaken the immune system. They were saying it may affect the immune response to the vaccine.

But as far as we know, we aren't getting boosters every 3 or 4 months in the long term "

The details are not really important here, unless they can somehow be twisted to fit an anti-vax sentiment.

Spain, Lancs

Ad hom the best you can do, eh?

You recognise the truth of it, of course. "

Gullible EU supporters: falling for one project lie after another and another and another. And they think they're the clever ones

london

Any data to back that up? Or you literally just made it up?

Bristol

Any data to back that up? Or you literally just made it up?"

It can be freely observed anywhere you choose to look, on here as elsewhere. There must be some sort of connection…

Spain, Lancs

Any data to back that up? Or you literally just made it up?"

They've made everything else up so far Six years on they're still throwing out abuse and stamping their feet

Brighton

Sorry but as a Remain voter I don’t recognise that. I know Brexit voters who are pro-vax and Remain voters who are anti-vax. Trying to conflate all these groups just perpetuates tribalism and division.

Bristol

Any data to back that up? Or you literally just made it up?

They've made everything else up so far Six years on they're still throwing out abuse and stamping their feet "

Literally one post after you refer to EU supporters as ‘gullible’, you’re crying about abuse. How curious!

Bristol

Sorry but as a Remain voter I don’t recognise that. I know Brexit voters who are pro-vax and Remain voters who are anti-vax. Trying to conflate all these groups just perpetuates tribalism and division."

Maybe you’re just not very observant?

Spain, Lancs

Sorry but as a Remain voter I don’t recognise that. I know Brexit voters who are pro-vax and Remain voters who are anti-vax. Trying to conflate all these groups just perpetuates tribalism and division.

Maybe you’re just not very observant? "

It's just that the thread is about observations on coronavirus by some scientists in the EU...and you seem to think that is a repudiation of Brexit

So you think Brexiteers think all residents of the EU are stupid, eh? And that scientists are right or wrong depending on where they live?

You really don't understand the issues, do you? Did you understand what you were voting for?

And now your hatred spills over into a discussion on coronavirus.

Have a look at yourself!

Brighton

Maybe you’re just not very observant? "

Adding doesn’t really take away that your reply is really an insult (or a bad joke).

Just because some people comfortably fit in the pigeon hole, it doesn’t mean everyone does.

We really need to move away from tribalist, binary arguments and recognise the world (and people) does not conform to a black & white, either/or set of viewpoints but is actually far more complex with shades of grey.

Spain, Lancs

Maybe you’re just not very observant?

Adding doesn’t really take away that your reply is really an insult (or a bad joke).

Just because some people comfortably fit in the pigeon hole, it doesn’t mean everyone does.

We really need to move away from tribalist, binary arguments and recognise the world (and people) does not conform to a black & white, either/or set of viewpoints but is actually far more complex with shades of grey."

Yes, but debate assists in getting to the truth. It helps when people stick to the subject matter instead of trying to make childlike political insults...and I'm not looking at you

Central

"Iv been asking the same question for the last 2 years and not many people actually knows the exact ingredients in each and every vaccine. Vaccine companies are not very forthcoming with exactly what’s in each shot? Another thing I find difficult to understand is that the vaccine companies have wavered liability for vaccine injuries? is that because they know what’s in the shots it can cause adverse reactions which they don’t want to be responsible for?

The exact content of the vaccines can be found online"

I think some just dramatise their fears and lack of knowledge, when the obvious solution that most would find - an internet search - would very quickly give the answer!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

It's freely printed in the patient information leaflets for all the vaccines, available on the gov.uk website.

Manchester (she/her)

"Iv been asking the same question for the last 2 years and not many people actually knows the exact ingredients in each and every vaccine. Vaccine companies are not very forthcoming with exactly what’s in each shot? Another thing I find difficult to understand is that the vaccine companies have wavered liability for vaccine injuries? is that because they know what’s in the shots it can cause adverse reactions which they don’t want to be responsible for?

It's freely printed in the patient information leaflets for all the vaccines, available on the gov.uk website. "

Available for anyone doing their own research

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Actually,

'European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots COULD adversely affect the immune response and MAY not be feasible.'

'Repeat booster doses every four months COULD eventually weaken the immune response and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency. Instead, countries should LEAVE MORE TIME between booster programs...'

So, there are several points from this if you read the actual words.

This is an early opinion based on the current, available data. It could change.

Only Israel has, so far, begun a 4th booster for the vulnerable. Nobody else has initiated it. In fact the expectation is to delay considering this.

The initial two vaccines and booster are still recommend although the WHO recommends the rest of the world gets its first two doses before boosters are widely rolled out.

The actual advice is that boosters may be needed regularly, just not frequently.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The science does not contradict itself. It is uncertain until there is more information. It's been just over a month!

That's how science works.

Actually,

'European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots COULD adversely affect the immune response and MAY not be feasible.'

'Repeat booster doses every four months COULD eventually weaken the immune response and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency. Instead, countries should LEAVE MORE TIME between booster programs...'

Only Israel has, so far, begun a 4th booster for the vulnerable. Nobody else has initiated it. In fact the expectation is to delay considering this.

The initial two vaccines and booster are still recommend although the WHO recommends the rest of the world gets its first two doses before boosters are widely rolled out.

The actual advice is that boosters may be needed regularly, just not frequently."

I cut and pasted what was there originally.

It has already been pointed out that Bloomberg got it wrong.

The article was corrected on 12 January 2022, 17:27 GMT. This is at the top of the Bloomberg webpage.

Brighton

Actually,

The actual advice is that boosters may be needed regularly, just not frequently."

I bet everyone is relieved you finally joined this thread and explained it. Although a fair few posts up the thread beat you to it!

By *gainagainMan  over a year ago

pontypridd

Yep.... Pick your scientist for whatever answer you want... There's plenty to go around! "

True, you can pick your scientist to give you an answer that fits your own view. Unfortunately, there are many people out there who will believe, and quote, the findings of 'scientists' whose only qualifications are 'they once drove past a university' and 'I own a white coat', They also seem to think that peer review is something you do after visiting the seaside.

Scientists will always differ in their views, dependent on current evidence.

Manchester (she/her)

Yep.... Pick your scientist for whatever answer you want... There's plenty to go around! True, you can pick your scientist to give you an answer that fits your own view. Unfortunately, there are many people out there who will believe, and quote, the findings of 'scientists' whose only qualifications are 'they once drove past a university' and 'I own a white coat', They also seem to think that peer review is something you do after visiting the seaside.

Scientists will always differ in their views, dependent on current evidence. "

The key is to look to the consensus, to find reliable sources (which isn't "those who agree with me"), to check against what's already known and the record, and in this instance to apply the precautionary principle that should be the first thing to consider in these fields.

It isn't a tribal thing.

Some of us are actually trying to protect ourselves and others. *shrug*