FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it time to end the Virus section

Is it time to end the Virus section

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtycp1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Now that life has returned to normal for most of us and we are just having to live with Covid in our communities, is it time to end the Virus section of the forum. It seems to largely just cause arguments. Which is a shame as that is not what the swinging lifestyle should be about x

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

One in 18 of us currently have Covid. We can't pretend it is all over and done with

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I feel it's best to keep all virus related posts in one place and then we can either choose to engage or not. If the virus forum is closed than those messages will still be around but in other places, it wouldn't be as easy to opt-in or opt-out.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you don't want to engage with Covid posts, don't look.

Same as I never go into the New Zealand section

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I feel it's best to keep all virus related posts in one place and then we can either choose to engage or not. If the virus forum is closed than those messages will still be around but in other places, it wouldn't be as easy to opt-in or opt-out."

Very true

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Keep it open for two more weeks to flatten the curve.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Now that life has returned to normal for most of us and we are just having to live with Covid in our communities, is it time to end the Virus section of the forum. It seems to largely just cause arguments. Which is a shame as that is not what the swinging lifestyle should be about x"

Is the swinging lifestyle about politics, camping, biking and games?

Do you go into those forums and suggest they be closed down, or do you simply not venture into forums that don't interest you?

Winston

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

No.

The current head of the WHO, World Health Organisation, has just recently emphasised that this current crisis has a long way to run!

Covid and its variants are here to stay, forever, but diminishing progressively in severity.

Forum threads and postings about Covid should be allowed, even encouraged, to continue; this winter will see a resurgence!

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

Big money spinner covid is and we won't be seeing the back of it anytime soon. To much profits lose out on if it all goes quiet.

"Big money spinner covid is and we won't be seeing the back of it anytime soon. To much profits lose out on if it all goes quiet. "

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Big money spinner covid is and we won't be seeing the back of it anytime soon. To much profits lose out on if it all goes quiet. "

Lol. I'm spending a lot less money due to the virus.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My personal opinion is that a clearly marked section of the forum is very easy to avoid.

Further viruses are on their way.

Just wait for winter!!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

It's getting a bit same old and

finding I'm looking at holiday and meeting up sections more often.

Wouldn't bother me if all the non swinging sections were removed.

By *arky300Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

"Further viruses are on their way.

Just wait for winter!!"

true winter be worse, rates are up alot I've seen as work nhs. Other countries bringing restrictions in again, Cyprus has

By *andykevin53Man  over a year ago

Grays

What virus, it was downgraded as no longer being a highly infectious disease from the 19th March 2020, HCID in Google and it will come up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. It's asked once a week or so. The virus is still here and the problem will get worse again. The current dominant variants are relatively benign but very infectious - we've been lucky. We also benefit from immunity which is waning. Expect worse variants to arise in the world and to spread, due to lack of control and interest. Millions have long COVID, so there's no end to the current pain for many.

By *upersonic SamMan  over a year ago

warrington

Yes, end it now please. If things change massively then bring it back, we need to move on or we will forget how to live.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Now that life has returned to normal for most of us and we are just having to live with Covid in our communities, is it time to end the Virus section of the forum. It seems to largely just cause arguments. Which is a shame as that is not what the swinging lifestyle should be about x"

should have ended last July when the clubs reopened.. people still twanging on about it is tedious.. sure there are other websites they can all enjoy it together

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yep keep it here as it flood other forums and also would love a politic forum to keep posts out of other forums as well.

"Now that life has returned to normal for most of us and we are just having to live with Covid in our communities, is it time to end the Virus section of the forum. It seems to largely just cause arguments. Which is a shame as that is not what the swinging lifestyle should be about x

should have ended last July when the clubs reopened.. people still twanging on about it is tedious.. sure there are other websites they can all enjoy it together"

And yet you've posted on at least 4 threads in the Virus forum.

Winston

"Yep keep it here as it flood other forums and also would love a politic forum to keep posts out of other forums as well."

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/politics

Winston

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

History might say we are just at the beginning not the end

merseyside

"History might say we are just at the beginning not the end"

End of what?

Virus forum, the virus,

FAB or even life itself.

But before that happens we're off to the beach, been a long week.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

My life have been more or less normal throughout all of this and havent been effected, but yes I think that it is good to have one section for all the threads instead of it being everwhere

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

No please don't close it. If the virus section is closed well get all the conspiracy stuff and armchair experts on the main forums.

Yes.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Yes it's depressing!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

is it time for people to stop asking if it is time to close the virus section?

if you dont like reading it stop clicking on it. i never go in the politics board because it winds me up but i dont want it removed.

covid cases are rising again so it is still relevant

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"is it time for people to stop asking if it is time to close the virus section?

if you dont like reading it stop clicking on it. i never go in the politics board because it winds me up but i dont want it removed.

covid cases are rising again so it is still relevant"

By *angtidy42Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

No, just change the name to General heath or something like that.

Of course the virus is here to stay - it’s amazingly hard to eradicate a virus from the planet.

However, what we are now seeing is that it is a bad flu for the vast majority of people. Yes, some vulnerable people need to be careful to avoid it but the vast majority of people will need to take a couple of days off work then crack on with their lives. Notably, children are rarely severely affected.

Some will choose to wear face masks forever - fine, that’s their prerogative. Their immune systems will suffer as they won’t be regularly challenged, but that is the negative effect of masks which they are presumably aware of.

I agree this area keeps all the conspiracy theorists / mask nut jobs in one place but it is like delving into an alternative reality sometimes!!

Manchester (she/her)

"Of course the virus is here to stay - it’s amazingly hard to eradicate a virus from the planet.

However, what we are now seeing is that it is a bad flu for the vast majority of people. Yes, some vulnerable people need to be careful to avoid it but the vast majority of people will need to take a couple of days off work then crack on with their lives. Notably, children are rarely severely affected.

Some will choose to wear face masks forever - fine, that’s their prerogative. Their immune systems will suffer as they won’t be regularly challenged, but that is the negative effect of masks which they are presumably aware of.

I agree this area keeps all the conspiracy theorists / mask nut jobs in one place but it is like delving into an alternative reality sometimes!!"

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"is it time for people to stop asking if it is time to close the virus section?

covid cases are rising again so it is still relevant"

This

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Yes, absolutely yes. The virus is largely irrelevant to most. Most people who have it only know they have it whilst symptomless and routinely tested for example in hospital for something non-covid related, or mildly affected. It really is time it came off the forum.

No.

Winston

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yeah and whilst we are at it get shot of everything else and just leave the lounge,then we can put up post's complaining about the fact that (that post) is nothing to do with swinging!!!

Of course don't get rid of it.

As has been said many times of you don't like it don't read it.

It's very simple and just because people aren't dying in their thousands it doesn't mean people aren't still suffering.

My sister has been rendered disabled thanks to the damage it's done to her body.

I am still struggling with the effects it's had my nervous system and what I would call a mental health shockwave.

So no it's not over.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah and whilst we are at it get shot of everything else and just leave the lounge,then we can put up post's complaining about the fact that (that post) is nothing to do with swinging!!!

It's very simple and just because people aren't dying in their thousands it doesn't mean people aren't still suffering.

My sister has been rendered disabled thanks to the damage it's done to her body.

I am still struggling with the effects it's had my nervous system and what I would call a mental health shockwave.

So no it's not over."

I'm so sorry

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Yeah and whilst we are at it get shot of everything else and just leave the lounge,then we can put up post's complaining about the fact that (that post) is nothing to do with swinging!!!

So no it's not over.

I'm so sorry "

Thank you x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"What virus, it was downgraded as no longer being a highly infectious disease from the 19th March 2020, HCID in Google and it will come up"

How's it going being not highly infectious then? Given that at any given moment something like 1 in every 20 people across the globe has got it. And that just in the UK we've passed the 200,000 people that have died because of it.

I don't believe that there has ever been any disease that has been simultaneously infecting this many people across the entire world, ever, by a long shot. The Black Death had a good go in the middle ages, but the total population of the world was tiny then compared with now, and it only spread at walking pace rather than going round the world in 24 hours.

The current version of covid spreads at least ten times faster than the original, and is now the most infectious disease ever known, by some large margin. People are catching it again as short as only 3 months after their previous fight with it, with it changing so fast that previous infection gives next to no protection against new infection. The current vaccines are also very little use against it, perhaps slightly better than nothing, but on a par with wearing a flak jacket when someone is firing mortar rounds at you.

Meanwhile it's turning out that although good healthy adults start off with a pretty good chance of surviving a dose of covid, every new infection results in the entire immune system getting weaker and weaker. It's like being involved in a minor car accident or a street fight - you've got a good chance of walking away with just a few bruises. But if you keep getting involved in that sort of incident faster than the bruises can heal, eventually your body is going to be totally fucked and something major will give way. Heavyweight boxers might be incredibly strong and fit, but even when they rest up between bouts, if they don't give it up while they're still healthy eventually they end up utterly broken.

Yeah, it might have been officially downgraded in March 2020, but that was on a par with the half dozen record companies that turned down the Beatles - a fucking stupid decision. The difference being that the record companies just lost out on making a shit load of money, while the covid decision has resulted in a lot of millions of deaths...

If you want to keep believing that covid is nonsense, go fill your boots. If I'm wrong then I'll have been a bit of a tithead wearing a mask when I didn't need to. But if you're wrong, then you'll be dead or in a wheelchair...

Manchester (she/her)

"What virus, it was downgraded as no longer being a highly infectious disease from the 19th March 2020, HCID in Google and it will come up

How's it going being not highly infectious then? Given that at any given moment something like 1 in every 20 people across the globe has got it. And that just in the UK we've passed the 200,000 people that have died because of it.

I don't believe that there has ever been any disease that has been simultaneously infecting this many people across the entire world, ever, by a long shot. The Black Death had a good go in the middle ages, but the total population of the world was tiny then compared with now, and it only spread at walking pace rather than going round the world in 24 hours.

The current version of covid spreads at least ten times faster than the original, and is now the most infectious disease ever known, by some large margin. People are catching it again as short as only 3 months after their previous fight with it, with it changing so fast that previous infection gives next to no protection against new infection. The current vaccines are also very little use against it, perhaps slightly better than nothing, but on a par with wearing a flak jacket when someone is firing mortar rounds at you.

Meanwhile it's turning out that although good healthy adults start off with a pretty good chance of surviving a dose of covid, every new infection results in the entire immune system getting weaker and weaker. It's like being involved in a minor car accident or a street fight - you've got a good chance of walking away with just a few bruises. But if you keep getting involved in that sort of incident faster than the bruises can heal, eventually your body is going to be totally fucked and something major will give way. Heavyweight boxers might be incredibly strong and fit, but even when they rest up between bouts, if they don't give it up while they're still healthy eventually they end up utterly broken.

Yeah, it might have been officially downgraded in March 2020, but that was on a par with the half dozen record companies that turned down the Beatles - a fucking stupid decision. The difference being that the record companies just lost out on making a shit load of money, while the covid decision has resulted in a lot of millions of deaths...

If you want to keep believing that covid is nonsense, go fill your boots. If I'm wrong then I'll have been a bit of a tithead wearing a mask when I didn't need to. But if you're wrong, then you'll be dead or in a wheelchair..."

I think if you're a sheeple who believes the government, then it makes sense to dismiss Covid because it was downgraded.

If you think critically, you realise that the government act in their own interests, and downgrading the virus means that they don't have as much liability when they fail to provide PPE.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"What virus, it was downgraded as no longer being a highly infectious disease from the 19th March 2020, HCID in Google and it will come up"

Ffs. 28. yes 28 months on and still people don’t understand the HCID definition. No hope.

By *ccidentprone2023Man  over a year ago

middlesbrough

No as hospitals are starting bring back masks

Central

It's far from over, even if you feel free because you don't sear a face mask, for example.

The Health Service isn't far from being on its jnees. The virus still has it in a tight hold. Infections are rising, staff absent sick, many disabled due long Covid, etc. Millions in multi yyear waiting lists. Covid today reinfects after 3 or 4 weeks m. You may be fine. Others less fortunate.

Dont read the virus section, it's not imposed on you. But society and thousands of people have problems today.

"Keep it open for two more weeks to flatten the curve. "

That's a funny way of saying 6 months

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"One in 18 of us currently have Covid. We can't pretend it is all over and done with"

How would you or anyone know this since not everyone tests anymore

And we were also told the lateral flow wasn't accurate

They just picking random numbers again.??

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"One in 18 of us currently have Covid. We can't pretend it is all over and done with

They just picking random numbers again.?? "

One specific brand of lateral flow wasn't accurate. All the others were fine.

People are still testing and numbers are still being reported.

Hospitals and other medical locations are also treating people with it.

And with all that 1 in 18 is showing up as being sick... chances are it is a higher percentage.

Or just make things up

glasgow

"One in 18 of us currently have Covid. We can't pretend it is all over and done with

And with all that 1 in 18 is showing up as being sick... chances are it is a higher percentage.

Or just make things up "

Probably making things up... Just as they've done the full time.

Don't dare visit your gran!!

Ask you to adopt a Ukrainian refugee a couple of weeks later???

Are They serious?? haha

Manchester (she/her)

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha "

By a couple of weeks, you mean over a year after the last of those kinds of restrictions had ended?

Gosh. I thought words meant things

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

By a couple of weeks, you mean over a year after the last of those kinds of restrictions had ended?

Gosh. I thought words meant things"

Thats what happens when you buy cheap calenders at a car boot sale.

Winston

glasgow

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Gosh. I thought words meant things"

Should it matter if its a few weeks or a few years after the outbreak??

If there really is such a deadly infection then you shouldn't be getting asked to adopt someone from a different country... Unless of course you want there £650 per month... Bribed to adopt a refugee the country is a joke!!!

Have a good day

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

I think the virus thread should be kept going. It's a great way of finding out what people think without the soiling effect of visiting certain newspapers' websites.

Manchester (she/her)

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

If there really is such a deadly infection then you shouldn't be getting asked to adopt someone from a different country... Unless of course you want there £650 per month... Bribed to adopt a refugee the country is a joke!!!

Have a good day "

Lol yeah it does matter. Given we learn more about the virus all the time (including the incubation period and improved testing), and vaccinations have reduced the immediate toll - and of course the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine changing the calculation - we can adapt.

It seems that learning and adapting is incompatible with your position.

glasgow

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Have a good day

Lol yeah it does matter. Given we learn more about the virus all the time (including the incubation period and improved testing), and vaccinations have reduced the immediate toll - and of course the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine changing the calculation - we can adapt.

It seems that learning and adapting is incompatible with your position. "

I have no problem learning.... Bit I won't be taking orders from boris.. Who went to a covid ward and shook everyone's hand

Oh and had a party while people could attend funerals of thier loved ones!!

But I don't learn??

Learnt not to listen to their shite!!

Manchester (she/her)

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Have a good day

I have no problem learning.... Bit I won't be taking orders from boris.. Who went to a covid ward and shook everyone's hand

But I don't learn??

Learnt not to listen to their shite!! "

If you believe that Boris is the only person who knows anything about Covid, I suggest you look a little more widely. Although I'm not sure that would suit your position.

glasgow

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Have a good day

But I don't learn??

If you believe that Boris is the only person who knows anything about Covid, I suggest you look a little more widely. Although I'm not sure that would suit your position."

You seem to know a lot of what I supposedly know mrs

Was it not him that gave the restrictions out??

Manchester (she/her)

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Have a good day

But I don't learn??

If you believe that Boris is the only person who knows anything about Covid, I suggest you look a little more widely. Although I'm not sure that would suit your position.

Was it not him that gave the restrictions out?? "

On scientific advice. Governments have advisors.

Governments all around the world imposed restrictions. But sure, it's just Boris From Seoul to Los Angeles and even in Christchurch, it was all Boris.

glasgow

Or just make things up

Are They serious?? haha

Have a good day

But I don't learn??

Was it not him that gave the restrictions out??

On scientific advice. Governments have advisors.

Governments all around the world imposed restrictions. But sure, it's just Boris From Seoul to Los Angeles and even in Christchurch, it was all Boris."

Was It also boris that told you to block me? Or did you use your own brain that one time?

Anyway I'm away to enjoy the sun

Have a nice day

No.

Winston

Nope it's not time to end the virus section. But if you dislike the virus section, it's time to stop coming on it. Problem solved.

By *oJo pornstarMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

This is the 1st time i have checked the virus furom, also the 1st time i have tested positive for covid, i am stuck in the house and board, so no, keep this section open for those of us that have the mange

Manchester (she/her)

"This is the 1st time i have checked the virus furom, also the 1st time i have tested positive for covid, i am stuck in the house and board, so no, keep this section open for those of us that have the mange"

Feel better

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

1st time for me testing positive....feeling terrible got my taste but coughing so much got a sore back and no appetite.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Yes. It has lived its time

"Yes. It has lived its time "

Nope it hasn't.

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"If you don't want to engage with Covid posts, don't look.

Same as I never go into the New Zealand section "

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

Any other things that you personally don’t like that you think should be taken off the forums?

I mean I don’t use the Stories/fantasies or gamers sections so should they be closed?

Or could you just do what most adults manage to do and just not click open a section that you don’t have any interest in rather than try and impose your views unilaterally on everyone else?

"Any other things that you personally don’t like that you think should be taken off the forums?

I mean I don’t use the Stories/fantasies or gamers sections so should they be closed?

Or could you just do what most adults manage to do and just not click open a section that you don’t have any interest in rather than try and impose your views unilaterally on everyone else?"

There almost always seems to be a thread here where somebody wants to shut down the virus section. I get the impression it's because they want to pretend Covid no longer exists.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Any other things that you personally don’t like that you think should be taken off the forums?

Or could you just do what most adults manage to do and just not click open a section that you don’t have any interest in rather than try and impose your views unilaterally on everyone else?

There almost always seems to be a thread here where somebody wants to shut down the virus section. I get the impression it's because they want to pretend Covid no longer exists."

This is entirely 100% a personal opinion.

But I don't think anti-vaxxers like a constant reminder of their lies and how those lies negatively impact others.

better to get rid of the evidence.

Watford

[Removed by poster at 19/07/22 17:12:03]

By *anlovesboobsWoman  over a year ago

Near Oswestry

Yes I think it is time to remove it x

Watford

Or could you just do what most adults manage to do and just not click open a section that you don’t have any interest in rather than try and impose your views unilaterally on everyone else?"

I think you're missing the point.

People saying that it is time it was removed are saying so because the section was introduced when it seemed to be the most deadly thing imaginable.

It has become basically flu. It is no longer a major health risk to the vast majority of people, and never was.

Having sections like this perpetuates fear.

It is time we all got back to normal. Covid is here to stay but it is perfectly manageable just as other viruses are. Should we have a forum for cancer?

Manchester (she/her)

People saying that it is time it was removed are saying so because the section was introduced when it seemed to be the most deadly thing imaginable.

It has become basically flu. It is no longer a major health risk to the vast majority of people, and never was.

It is time we all got back to normal. Covid is here to stay but it is perfectly manageable just as other viruses are. Should we have a forum for cancer? "

How does the existence of the virus forum stop you from getting back to normal?

It is time we all got back to normal. Covid is here to stay but it is perfectly manageable just as other viruses are. Should we have a forum for cancer? "

"It has become basically flu. It is no longer a major health risk to the vast majority of people, and never was"

You gotta be joking?

Covid is fuck all like flu. Its been a major health risk from day one.

Wheres that cuckoo emoji when you need it?

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

It is time we all got back to normal. Covid is here to stay but it is perfectly manageable just as other viruses are. Should we have a forum for cancer?

"It has become basically flu. It is no longer a major health risk to the vast majority of people, and never was"

You gotta be joking?

Covid is fuck all like flu. Its been a major health risk from day one.

Wheres that cuckoo emoji when you need it?

Winston"

It's like flu and isn't a threat to anyone if you rely on alternative facts

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

No

8f it no longer interests you dont go to that section...

I though do not want random virus poats in between the other ers sections

Keep it in one place

By *ekkatransTV/TS  over a year ago

Scarborough

Let’s have a forum for the common cold and maybe pneumonia lol

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

You don't know what you are missing. The NZ section is all about Pakistani women!

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

It should certainly stay in place while people are still under the misapprehension that it’s “basically flu”. Because it’s not.

People who want it removed are saying so because they’re under the misapprehension that their opinion is somehow superior to other peoples.

If you don’t want to use a certain subsection of a forum then don’t use it. Leave it to the people who do use it.

By *ekkatransTV/TS  over a year ago

Scarborough

The thing is there are lots of virus that can kill us not just Covid. My wife died in 2020 very suddenly with pneumonia, she had no symptoms. Should we have a category for that ?

By *wesomeLolaCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Same as I never go into the New Zealand section "

The New Zealand section is buzzing with activity.

Stockport

"The thing is there are lots of virus that can kill us not just Covid. My wife died in 2020 very suddenly with pneumonia, she had no symptoms. Should we have a category for that ? "

It is called the virus section, not the covid section. And there have been loads of posts over the last few years about other types of life threatening disease.

The presence of the virus forum came about because of a sudden health threat to our entire way of life, that lots of people wanted to talk about. It is still a health threat to our entire way of life, with additional threats coming along now (hepatitis, smallpox beta, marburg) that may be getting a hold because of covid or because of climate change or because of other factors. People still want to talk about these things.

If you don't want to talk about them, don't want to read about them, then don't. Just don't look at the virus forum. Pretend it doesn't exist like you pretend the disease doesn't exist. Easy. Poof. It's gone as far as you're concerned. Not here any more.

Stockport

"The thing is there are lots of virus that can kill us not just Covid. My wife died in 2020 very suddenly with pneumonia, she had no symptoms. Should we have a category for that ?

It is called the virus section, not the covid section. And there have been loads of posts over the last few years about other types of life threatening disease.

The presence of the virus forum came about because of a sudden health threat to our entire way of life, that lots of people wanted to talk about. It is still a health threat to our entire way of life, with additional threats coming along now (hepatitis, smallpox beta, marburg) that may be getting a hold because of covid or because of climate change or because of other factors. People still want to talk about these things.

If you don't want to talk about them, don't want to read about them, then don't. Just don't look at the virus forum. Pretend it doesn't exist like you pretend the disease doesn't exist. Easy. Poof. It's gone as far as you're concerned. Not here any more."

Or if you want to talk about additional health threats, other diseases, then just do it. I'm certain that the people here that are interested in protecting themselves against some diseases will be interested in protecting themselves against others. Just read the forum title as "various viruses and diseases".

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If nobody posts in the virus section, it will start to drop down the list and eventually be archived. As long as it continued to be used then it will stay where it is.

Obviously, this means that every time someone comes on here to complain about the virus section still being here, they are prolonging it's existance.

Scunthorpe

"What virus, it was downgraded as no longer being a highly infectious disease from the 19th March 2020, HCID in Google and it will come up

"

Covid was removed from the HCID list, this doesn't mean it isn't infectious. For a disease to be classified as HCID it would normally have a High Case Fatality Rate and difficult to recognise and detect rapidly.

Once the health system know more about the virus, quick tests were available, and effective treatment options proven, it no longer met the criteria to be on the list.

Cal

Covid was removed from the HCID list, this doesn't mean it isn't infectious. For a disease to be classified as HCID it would normally have a High Case Fatality Rate and difficult to recognise and detect rapidly.

Once the health system know more about the virus, quick tests were available, and effective treatment options proven, it no longer met the criteria to be on the list.

Cal"

You're way too sensible for this Forum Cal.

Winston

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

°

Swing, they wouldn't allow Tasmanians in there anyway.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

No…and if it is to continue why not have a cancer forum, heart disease forum, accident death forum, etc, etc

Cal"

Here, here...

"Now that life has returned to normal for most of us and we are just having to live with Covid in our communities, is it time to end the Virus section of the forum. It seems to largely just cause arguments. Which is a shame as that is not what the swinging lifestyle should be about x

If nobody posts in the virus section, it will start to drop down the list and eventually be archived. As long as it continued to be used then it will stay where it is.

Obviously, this means that every time someone comes on here to complain about the virus section still being here, they are prolonging it's existance."

By *eadinthecloudsMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I have the Rona. I can confirm it still exists. It's shite.

By *y gameMan  over a year ago

open wide

For some people it's jack shite, they have next to no symptoms, for others it seems to cause serious issues including long covid.

Who's opinion is the important one?

Manchester (she/her)

"For some people it's jack shite, they have next to no symptoms, for others it seems to cause serious issues including long covid.

Who's opinion is the important one?"

Presumably what matters most is the long term effects across the population

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"One in 18 of us currently have Covid. We can't pretend it is all over and done with"

It's finished, completed..

This is exactly the mindset and brainwashing they want people to believe.

So, back to normal, catch a cough and sniffle and stop moaning.. if ya die, tough shit!!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

It's finished, completed..

This is exactly the mindset and brainwashing they want people to believe.

So, back to normal, catch a cough and sniffle and stop moaning.. if ya die, tough shit!!"

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Can we just have a cake section? That'd please everybody I feel.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Fruitcake?

There's plenty already!!

Scunthorpe

"For some people it's jack shite, they have next to no symptoms, for others it seems to cause serious issues including long covid.

Who's opinion is the important one?"

One person being more poorly than another isn't a difference of opinion...

No. Keep it here or it will creep back into other parts.

By *eppoMan  over a year ago

London Colney

Ain’t that the truth … more billions and billions to be made

By *eppoMan  over a year ago

London Colney

Shhhhh … the masses don’t want to hear that … regardless of it actually being the TRUTH about the alleged virus

By *inky man 64Man  over a year ago

North hampshire

"No. Keep it here or it will creep back into other parts. "
my thoughts too.

Shhhhh … the masses don’t want to hear that … regardless of it actually being the TRUTH about the alleged virus "

Which alleged the virus?

The one that's affected every country on the planet? (165+)

The one that's killed hundreds of thousands of people?

The one that's left tens of thousands of people with long term health problems?

The one that's taken loved ones and friends long before their time?

The one that's deprived children of a parent or an adult of their partner?

Calling Covid an "alleged virus" is one of the most ignorant, uneducated and insensitive things you could say.

Saying what I want to say about your post would earn me a long holiday.

And frankly, you are so not worth it.

Winston

glasgow

If there is going to be a constant thread for covid then why don't we just have a thread for every disease / infection / illness??

Or are we just going to keep reminding ourselves of how dangerous this thing is supposed to be.

And anyone affected by it has my sympathy but it's time to move on

Enjoy your weekend

"If there is going to be a constant thread for covid then why don't we just have a thread for every disease / infection / illness??

Or are we just going to keep reminding ourselves of how dangerous this thing is supposed to be.

Enjoy your weekend "

This forum is called Virus. It's not called Covid.

Discussions are not limited to Covid.

Winston

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Why do people that have no interest in the virus, feel the need to come and try and shut down any conversation between people that have... In a clearly marked forum section, specifically for something of no interest!!! Mind your bloody business and go to another section!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Winston"

Anyone for Monkeypox ?

"Why do people that have no interest in the virus, feel the need to come and try and shut down any conversation between people that have... In a clearly marked forum section, specifically for something of no interest!!! Mind your bloody business and go to another section! "

Daaaaaayyuuuuuummmmmm gurl

Norwich

"Why do people that have no interest in the virus, feel the need to come and try and shut down any conversation between people that have... In a clearly marked forum section, specifically for something of no interest!!! Mind your bloody business and go to another section! "

One of the reasons may be that, on a mobile, if you try and go to a forum either side the Virus section opens up. Drives me insane.

I don't think it should be closed, just moved to the bottom of the list with the other dross.

Northampton

"Why do people that have no interest in the virus, feel the need to come and try and shut down any conversation between people that have... In a clearly marked forum section, specifically for something of no interest!!! Mind your bloody business and go to another section!

One of the reasons may be that, on a mobile, if you try and go to a forum either side the Virus section opens up. Drives me insane.

I don't think it should be closed, just moved to the bottom of the list with the other dross."

Is that it?!

Central

"Why do people that have no interest in the virus, feel the need to come and try and shut down any conversation between people that have... In a clearly marked forum section, specifically for something of no interest!!! Mind your bloody business and go to another section!

I don't think it should be closed, just moved to the bottom of the list with the other dross."

That's odd that it's opening in error for you. Have you reported a bug to fab?

Mayfair

That's awfully kind, but no thank you.

I would rather have the virus section *above* the "Stories and Fantasies" section. The former being consequential; the latter will sate those who are looking for all things whimsical.

The affect - directly or indirectly - that the virus has had on friends, acquaintances and loved ones has been anything but 'whimsical'.

TIP: for the sake of your sanity put your phone in landscape mode; you'll noticed the virus section disappears before your very eyes.

"Keep it open for two more weeks to flatten the curve. "

Love it!

Stockport

"If there is going to be a constant thread for covid then why don't we just have a thread for every disease / infection / illness??

Enjoy your weekend

Winston"

Exactly. Discussions can include ebola, polio, smallpox derivatives, marburg, and yes, influenza. All of which are currently killer diseases that are present and active globally, all threatening to erupt into epidemics.

What is not clear is whether the forum name ought to be broadened in order to allow us to discuss non-viral serious threats to global health - bubonic plague, tuberculosis, malaria, bacterial meningitis...

Depending on your point of view that could either keep us bed wetting scaredy cats hiding behind the sofa for the foreseeable future, or allow serious conversation about saving millions of lives across the world.

By *inzislutTV/TS  over a year ago

In the Wild country

No as COVID has not gone away it still out there so we need to live with it and play safely

I agree maybe it's time to just stop the chatting and arguments and accept it's just part of life and knuckle down a live with it...and as annoying as it is as I caught covid off a guy in work it's just a case of hanging tight getting over it and carrying on.

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

Yes please do , get on with life

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

Definitely not over....wait for the winter waves strike again...we need to bring back free testing and compulsory masks in indoor settings as a minimum....

By *areToShareCouple  over a year ago

Notts

Prove it.

Notts

"Definitely not over....wait for the winter waves strike again...we need to bring back free testing and compulsory masks in indoor settings as a minimum.... "

So covid differentiates between winter, summer, autumn and spring does it? Blimey, it's a very clued up virus isn't it?

C'mon lads, wait til winter, when people suffer from colds and flu, then we'll attack.. They'll blame everyone's sickness on us and we'll get all the glory and TV (not the gender bending type) headlines again.

I do worry about humanity and its ability to process rational thought.

ENFIELD

Prove it.

"

Actually 1 in 17....although rate of increase is less compared to previous week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62265648

Notts

Prove it.

Actually 1 in 17....although rate of increase is less compared to previous week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62265648"

That's not proof... That's hearsay.

Just because somebody, or a body of people tell you something is true, doesn't make it true.

(Unless of course you vote Conservative, in which case you'll believe any damn lies you're told and live your life by them.)

ENFIELD

"Definitely not over....wait for the winter waves strike again...we need to bring back free testing and compulsory masks in indoor settings as a minimum....

So covid differentiates between winter, summer, autumn and spring does it? Blimey, it's a very clued up virus isn't it?

C'mon lads, wait til winter, when people suffer from colds and flu, then we'll attack.. They'll blame everyone's sickness on us and we'll get all the glory and TV (not the gender bending type) headlines again.

I do worry about humanity and its ability to process rational thought. "

This is a country where our politicians are bereft of rational thought and partying like there was no tomorrow in the middle of a pandemic. This was never handled properly by our government.

Respiratory infections always increase in the winter months. The impact on the NHS will be severe.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Personally I think it's time to end the threads asking if it's time to end the virus forum.

If someone doesn't want to partake, they don't have to visit it. Perhaps a rebrand to viruses.

"Definitely not over....wait for the winter waves strike again...we need to bring back free testing and compulsory masks in indoor settings as a minimum....

The irony in your last paragraph is obviously lost on you.

Winston

Prove it.

Just because somebody, or a body of people tell you something is true, doesn't make it true.

(Unless of course you vote Conservative, in which case you'll believe any damn lies you're told and live your life by them.) "

Latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. Not the BBC.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Prove it.

(Unless of course you vote Conservative, in which case you'll believe any damn lies you're told and live your life by them.)

Winston"

Yes, but it's the government. The government lie. Instead we should totally trust this random website whose sole purpose seems to be screaming about why vaccines are icky.

Prove it.

Winston

Yes, but it's the government. The government lie. Instead we should totally trust this random website whose sole purpose seems to be screaming about why vaccines are icky."

Winston

Same confusion in 2020 when people thought covid knew the difference between open spaces and busy pubs indoors.

So called intelligent colleagues could not understand what the common factor is.

Bham

Prove it.

Winston

Yes, but it's the government. The government lie. Instead we should totally trust this random website whose sole purpose seems to be screaming about why vaccines are icky."

Can we support them with donations, buy their merch or just like and subscribe so they can keep fighting the good fight?

Because I'd really like to do that...

Manchester (she/her)

Prove it.

Winston

Yes, but it's the government. The government lie. Instead we should totally trust this random website whose sole purpose seems to be screaming about why vaccines are icky.

Can we support them with donations, buy their merch or just like and subscribe so they can keep fighting the good fight?

Because I'd really like to do that... "

Those options are often available.

Some also offer supplement regimens, courses, and even produce vaccines themselves (that are non icky vaccines because reasons).

Bham

Prove it.

Winston

Because I'd really like to do that...

Those options are often available.

Some also offer supplement regimens, courses, and even produce vaccines themselves (that are non icky vaccines because reasons)."

Oh splendid. I'll get right on it.

I've just realised, we've had an uptake back at work the last 5-6 weeks, multiple staff off, testing positive saying they had 'covid', they must be bloody in on it too!!

Can't trust anyone these days. Government stooges.

Norwich

I don't think it should be closed, just moved to the bottom of the list with the other dross.

That's awfully kind, but no thank you.

I would rather have the virus section *above* the "Stories and Fantasies" section. The former being consequential; the latter will sate those who are looking for all things whimsical.

The affect - directly or indirectly - that the virus has had on friends, acquaintances and loved ones has been anything but 'whimsical'.

TIP: for the sake of your sanity put your phone in landscape mode; you'll noticed the virus section disappears before your very eyes."

I don't think I'd be looking for "consequential" stuff on a sex site. I'd find a serious site like Facebook*

That was obviously tongue in cheek before anyone starts

This section can't ever be ended as where else can you find out what is happening amoungst us and where else can we share our theories which you all think are a conspiracy?

"I've just realised, we've had an uptake back at work the last 5-6 weeks, multiple staff off, testing positive saying they had 'covid', they must be bloody in on it too!! "

anyone who tests for the cold is 'in on it'

By *oJo pornstarMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've just realised, we've had an uptake back at work the last 5-6 weeks, multiple staff off, testing positive saying they had 'covid', they must be bloody in on it too!!

anyone who tests for the cold is 'in on it'"

I am in on it, as i tested positive last week, and tested again yesterday, am still positive

By *eeandsexymCouple  over a year ago

Between selby/york

Yeah get rid of it.. We don't need to keep this bullshit going

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah get rid of it.. We don't need to keep this bullshit going"

I'm working on stopping the bullshit by masking, isolating, etc. Less Covid spread, less bullshit.

"Yeah get rid of it.. We don't need to keep this bullshit going"

Which bullshit?

I'm guessing that's the bullshit you mean.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah get rid of it.. We don't need to keep this bullshit going

Which bullshit?

I'm guessing that's the bullshit you mean.

Winston"

It's bullshit. It sucks. It's bullshit that people have had to suffer so horribly.

It's why I take care, to not perpetuate the bullshit

ENFIELD

Prove it.

(Unless of course you vote Conservative, in which case you'll believe any damn lies you're told and live your life by them.) "

These look very much like facts to me, rather than hearsay!!!

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

100% agree

Eastbourne (she/they)

If nothing else, at least when we see the people who do not take public health/covid seriously it allows those of us who do to add them to the "will not meet" list.

By *l1couple4funCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Couldn't of said it better

Bham

Same as I never go into the New Zealand section

Couldn't of said it better"

Yes.

By *piritualSFCMan  over a year ago

london

There are a lot circulating. Good to keep people informed.

Ive never posted there before, but I'm off to the Canada forum to say it's of no interest to me so it should be shut down.

Winston

Mayfair

"I've never posted there before, but I'm off to the Canada forum to say it's of no interest to me so it should be shut down.

Winston"

What will become of the Viagra Falls, Winston?

"I've never posted there before, but I'm off to the Canada forum to say it's of no interest to me so it should be shut down.

Winston

"

Hard to answer........

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Winston

"

Presumably they'd fall?

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Seems a bit entitled and arrogant to say that. If there's intrigue and interest (there is, lot's too) then there's more than enough reason to have a section devoted to it, no matter what your opinion on how significant something is.

Pushing that old narrative I've seen gets thrown around here a lot in to arguments; "it's a swingers site" is irrelevant. I personally have never done anything on this site as what by definition could be called swinging, and am unlikely to as well (not that I wouldn't), as I would say 90% of the people here and on this forum would fall under too.

By *andwellcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Warley

How can you say close the topic

We contracted covid from a meet only 6 weeks ago

People need to remember it still here and here to stay

merseyside

"Seems a bit entitled and arrogant to say that. If there's intrigue and interest (there is, lot's too) then there's more than enough reason to have a section devoted to it, no matter what your opinion on how significant something is.

Pushing that old narrative I've seen gets thrown around here a lot in to arguments; "it's a swingers site" is irrelevant. I personally have never done anything on this site as what by definition could be called swinging, and am unlikely to as well (not that I wouldn't), as I would say 90% of the people here and on this forum would fall under too."

Don't think you are wrong there but would say it's not 90% of forum users who will never meet or swing I'd say it was a very high percentage of the whole site.

We use other sites that just tend to have the odd online chat rooms and find we tend to get more successful meets from them.

We love the holiday, meet up, club forums, the rest are a bit of a giggle.

Not really bothered one way or the other if forum sections are deleted.

By *y gameMan  over a year ago

open wide

This is a toss-up between global warming destroying the earth or this thread ending first.

By *layTimeEssexCouple  over a year ago

Stansted

Keep it open - it's good way to filter out the raving lunatics

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

It's done, time to move on. Yes it's out there, yes people will catch it but we are all responsible for managing our risks in the way we feel appropriate.

Yes

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I feel it's best to keep all virus related posts in one place and then we can either choose to engage or not. If the virus forum is closed than those messages will still be around but in other places, it wouldn't be as easy to opt-in or opt-out."

Agree. Kinda nice all this sort of stuff gets filtered into here.

It's called the Virus Forum, not the Covid Forum.

It can be used to discuss any virus, not just Covid.

So keep it open.

Winston

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

No. Autumn will soon be upon us, and there is a predicted resurgence of new variants.

Personally I don’t think so - Keeps all the virus posts here

By *akeitasitcumsMan  over a year ago

Bromley

Just when covid is less dangerous for us who've had the jabs....... Along comes Monkey Pox to threaten the bi and gay community. How would I explain that one away!

By *ilver_StarMan  over a year ago

Southam

Yes.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Just when covid is less dangerous for us who've had the jabs....... Along comes Monkey Pox to threaten the bi and gay community. How would I explain that one away!"

Tarzan

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Over and over it is asked.. if you don’t like it are you unable to simply not look at the virus section? Do you really need to ask a grown up to remove it for you??

"Over and over it is asked.. if you don’t like it are you unable to simply not look at the virus section? Do you really need to ask a grown up to remove it for you??"

If only adulting wasn't so bloody difficult.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Over and over it is asked.. if you don’t like it are you unable to simply not look at the virus section? Do you really need to ask a grown up to remove it for you??

Winston "

Bollocks to adulting. I want my crayons and juice

Northampton

"Over and over it is asked.. if you don’t like it are you unable to simply not look at the virus section? Do you really need to ask a grown up to remove it for you??

Winston

Bollocks to adulting. I want my crayons and juice"

Oohh what juice ya got and are there any magic red crayons?

Manchester (she/her)

Winston

Oohh what juice ya got and are there any magic red crayons? "

Pineapple juice

Northampton

Winston

Oohh what juice ya got and are there any magic red crayons?

Pineapple juice "

Oohhh I'm in!

"Just when covid is less dangerous for us who've had the jabs....... Along comes Monkey Pox to threaten the bi and gay community. How would I explain that one away!"

Much like HIV only threatens the bi and gay community.

The Straights can breathe easy.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just when covid is less dangerous for us who've had the jabs....... Along comes Monkey Pox to threaten the bi and gay community. How would I explain that one away!

Much like HIV only threatens the bi and gay community.

The Straights can breathe easy. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"No. Autumn will soon be upon us, and there is a predicted resurgence of new variants."

This..

And with it like falling leaves of the season, blown about in their millions there will appear albeit not so prolific a new crop of conspiracy theorists..

Hey ho ..

"No. Autumn will soon be upon us, and there is a predicted resurgence of new variants.

This..

And with it like falling leaves of the season, blown about in their millions there will appear albeit not so prolific a new crop of conspiracy theorists..

Hey ho .."

I saw a post the other day, someone talking about "Convid".

Why have you corrupted Covid to Convid?

Because its all part of the conspiracy.

Con-spiracy you say......

Winston

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"No. Autumn will soon be upon us, and there is a predicted resurgence of new variants.

This..

Hey ho ..

I saw a post the other day, someone talking about "Convid".

Why have you corrupted Covid to Convid?

Because its all part of the conspiracy.

Con-spiracy you say......

Winston "

It's good to be down wiv da yoof speke..

Manchester (she/her)

This..

Hey ho .."

"Like the sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives"