FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tested positive yesterday

Tested positive yesterday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ammeR33NE OP   Man  over a year ago

South Shields

So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice? "

I hope it soon passes, thankfully most of the current strains seem to be less serious (although more infectious) than the 2020 infections, so hopefully you'll not suffer too much.

There's not much you can do about it, just rest and pop a few paracetamol.

Cal

South Shields

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that’s exactly what I’m doing right now drinking water and taking paracetamols. I’m just feeling so fatigued and kinda tired even though I’ve not long woke up, Sore throat and a little bit of a cough. I just can’t help worrying about if I get worse (I know I won’t) and end up in hospital. But I guess that’s just me worrying as it’s the first time I’ve ever had this horrible virus.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lots of water, paracetamol and try to avoid sleeping on your back.

Unfortunately there's no cute or no way to make it go away faster so just try to make yourself less uncomfortable and less in pain as possible

Hope you feel better soon x

If you need to sleep then just sleep. No point in fighting it, it's only going to make you feel worse

By *hSewSweetWoman  over a year ago

stevenage

Stock up on paracetamol, Lucozade and cream crackers. I had a fever for four days, couldn’t keep any food or water down and barely ate anything. It took months to recover properly, feeling fatigued, breathless and weak for a long time after.

Rest and plenty of fluids and I hope you feel better soon.

South Shields

Thanks hun for the advice, I’ve been taking paracetamols since yesterday and they’re helping a little bit, I was going through little stages of feeling ok for 10-15 mins then back to feeling awful again

South Shields

Cream crackers lol luckily (touch wood) I haven’t lost my sense of taste yet I managed to eat a McDonald’s last night and today so far I’ve ate a banana and I could taste it.. thanks for advice though it puts my mind at ease a bit but it’s still not a very nice thing to have deal with I never thought I’d actually get it I worked in care homes fitting floors thoughout the pandemic when it first started and I managed to swerve it.. idk stupid virus

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

I went down with it for the first time on 15th July. First day and a half I didn't want any food and slept most of the time. Next couple of days my appetite came back and no loss of taste.

It took 4 days until I felt human again and could do some work.

I've tested every couple of days and today (25th) it is finally looking very feint.

Just take things a day at a time. You'll get better sooner or later.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feel better soon. Don't push yourself, rest.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I have had covid twice now and was wondering if anyone on here that has contracted the virus is experiencing memory issues

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Get well soon

I had it about a month ago. Took about 2 weeks till clear on Covid Test.

For about the first 3 to 4 days took paracetamol. Certainly eased the symptoms.

Hope you get better soon

london

"Get well soon "

Thank you kind sir

"I have had covid twice now and was wondering if anyone on here that has contracted the virus is experiencing memory issues "

I cant remember....

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

"So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice? "

You'll live x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Contrary to the initial thoughts OP. you could potentially trial using a mix of pain killers, which attack pain in different ways. Drugs such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin,(NSAID), coupled with paracetamol - taken at different times, so that they don't all ear off at the same time - may help to ease the awful pains you're getting.

Plenty of rest. Keep your spirits up. I hope that you get to feel over it and well soon

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Sorry to hear this OP. I had it 3 weeks ago. Headache, nausea and cold symptoms. I took paracetamol and plenty of water and slept a lot. Lost my appetite. Tested negative on day 6. Still feeling a little tired, but fine apart from that.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

I have also got struck down with the virus feeling like a train has hit me ache all over tested positive on Friday.

london

"I have had covid twice now and was wondering if anyone on here that has contracted the virus is experiencing memory issues

I cant remember...."

lol

By *ean30ukMan  over a year ago

gateshead

"If you need to sleep then just sleep. No point in fighting it, it's only going to make you feel worse"

Tess is totally right I tried to push through and work through it but made myself really Ill as a result. Try to get rest and hope you’re better soon xx

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Currently got it myself , vitamin drinks and moringa powder work wonders felt crap for two days had it one week now just got a cough and can’t taste food other than that I’m felling good .

Had it twice, no worse than a tough bout of man flu. Half the issue is its in peoples heads that its worse than it is. If you are reasonably fit and healthy you will be fine.

By *weetCruellaWoman  over a year ago

somewhere sweet and sour

Just rest and painkillers if needed. Once I started my new job, I got it 3 times in 4 months... was crazy. First time was the worst. I even bought a oximeter, as breathing was horrible so reg tested my oxygen levels.

But since then, my lungs still havent fully recovered, i still get fatigued if i do too much I feel like I am prone to colds a lot more now.

Listen to your body though... don't fight it. Xx

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Sleep when your body needs it, drink plenty, extra pillows if you have a few issues coughing at night, paracetamol. X

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Had it twice, no worse than a tough bout of man flu. Half the issue is its in peoples heads that its worse than it is. If you are reasonably fit and healthy you will be fine. "

If only I was that simple.

You were lucky I felt crap was in bed for 3 days could hardly breath and was coughing so much I couldn't sleep even though I was exhausted.

Don't try to tell people it is in their heads just because you didn't suffer much.

"Had it twice, no worse than a tough bout of man flu. Half the issue is its in peoples heads that its worse than it is. If you are reasonably fit and healthy you will be fine.

You were lucky I felt crap was in bed for 3 days could hardly breath and was coughing so much I couldn't sleep even though I was exhausted.

Don't try to tell people it is in their heads just because you didn't suffer much. "

You were in bed for 3 days, coughing and short of breath. Sounds like a rough bout of man flu like i said. Guessing you made it through

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Had it twice, no worse than a tough bout of man flu. Half the issue is its in peoples heads that its worse than it is. If you are reasonably fit and healthy you will be fine. "

Ooorah!

Hull

"Had it twice, no worse than a tough bout of man flu. Half the issue is its in peoples heads that its worse than it is. If you are reasonably fit and healthy you will be fine.

Don't try to tell people it is in their heads just because you didn't suffer much.

You were in bed for 3 days, coughing and short of breath. Sounds like a rough bout of man flu like i said. Guessing you made it through "

Still coughing 3 weeks later and still short of breath.

But my point is there are a lot worse than you or me. It's not right to be insinuating physical problems are all in people's heads.

Manchester (she/her)

Siri, ask me how this is going in 5 years.

Most of us will be treating it as a bad cold; others will still be saying we should have locked down 4 years ago…

Manchester (she/her)

"Most of us will be treating it as a bad cold; others will still be saying we should have locked down 4 years ago…"

Shall see. Testable predictions often tend to come back and bite people.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

‘ In people heads’ - Not a good analogy to use for a neurotrophic virus that causes Lewi bodies in ( macaques)animal studies( precursors to Parkinson’s ) - diseases that can take years to develop. You maybe fine…….for now.

It’s in our heads- in our heads Zombie, Zombie

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Witham

I had it a few weeks ago.

Head/eye aches and fatigue also lost all power in the top of my legs, struggled to even walk..Lasted for about 5 days.. But my legs took about 2 weeks to fully recoverer

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Felt so ill yesterday I thought I may have finally caught it at Pride...

Negative test though, so just some other horrible bug

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

On the plus side, I had it for the third time last week and it was not as bad as a very minor head cold for two days. No illness or fatigue. I was actually pleased I tested positive because I though it was the beginning of a chest infection which I know from experience can effect me badly. Maybe this suggests repeated infection builds resilience?

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

Believe strongly in your heart that it could have been worse if you didn't have three (why not four?) vaccinations and maybe it will make you feel better.

"Believe strongly in your heart that it could have been worse if you didn't have three (why not four?) vaccinations and maybe it will make you feel better."

Haha amen! People need to take a look at why it may be affecting them worse than others. Is there anything you could do to maybe help your body combat it? Weight, diet etc, nobody dares mention it in the media but lets be honest, age and physical state are a key factor.

By *niladioMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm just coming to the end of my first bout with it. Drink lots of water and make sure you eat 3 meals. If you have no appetite start with something tiny and work your way up. Take midday naps as well.

Rest easy mate

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

"Believe strongly in your heart that it could have been worse if you didn't have three (why not four?) vaccinations and maybe it will make you feel better.

Haha amen! People need to take a look at why it may be affecting them worse than others. Is there anything you could do to maybe help your body combat it? Weight, diet etc, nobody dares mention it in the media but lets be honest, age and physical state are a key factor. "

Maybe I shouldn't have contracted type 1 diabetes as a 13 year old. Why wasn't I smarter?

Manchester (she/her)

"Believe strongly in your heart that it could have been worse if you didn't have three (why not four?) vaccinations and maybe it will make you feel better.

Haha amen! People need to take a look at why it may be affecting them worse than others. Is there anything you could do to maybe help your body combat it? Weight, diet etc, nobody dares mention it in the media but lets be honest, age and physical state are a key factor.

Maybe I shouldn't have contracted type 1 diabetes as a 13 year old. Why wasn't I smarter? "

Mmm. Autoimmune disorder as a 13 year old. Size 4-6 at the time, fully grown, swimming squads and several other sports.

Hull

Haha amen! People need to take a look at why it may be affecting them worse than others. Is there anything you could do to maybe help your body combat it? Weight, diet etc, nobody dares mention it in the media but lets be honest, age and physical state are a key factor. "

Working in the NHS I have seen many physically fit people with no previous health problems get wiped out by this virus.

Your general fitness might help a bit but it does not make you immune or impervious to severe illness or life changing effects from covid.

It's pretty much a lottery as to how your body responds.

Manchester (she/her)

Working in the NHS I have seen many physically fit people with no previous health problems get wiped out by this virus.

Your general fitness might help a bit but it does not make you immune or impervious to severe illness or life changing effects from covid.

It's pretty much a lottery as to how your body responds. "

That's too much like common sense

Eastbourne (she/they)

That's too much like common sense

"

Hiss *holds up a cross* stay back with that common sense...

Tin town

Maybe I shouldn't have contracted type 1 diabetes as a 13 year old. Why wasn't I smarter? "

Take those time machine tablets.

It's pretty much a lottery as to how your body responds. "

Nah, funny how the part of the nhs i work in has seen pretty much all severe case's in older or overweight people. Granted some cases of people who have pre existing illness's they cant help, bur the vast majority could help themselves.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

Nah, funny how the part of the nhs i work in has seen pretty much all severe case's in older or overweight people. Granted some cases of people who have pre existing illness's they cant help, bur the vast majority could help themselves. "

It is interesting to note that a BMC paper in 2021 concluded The population at risk of severe COVID-19 (defined as either aged =70?years, or younger with an underlying health condition) comprises 18.5 million individuals in the UK, including a considerable proportion of school-aged and working-aged individuals. Just saying. Anecdotally I would say that was then, this is now and Covid ain’t what it was (whether down to vaccines or natural processes or both). I was talking to an A&E nurse last week who told me there are virtually no admissions due to Covid currently at the large city hospital where she works despite it bring rampant in the community. It was not always thus.

Nah, funny how the part of the nhs i work in has seen pretty much all severe case's in older or overweight people. Granted some cases of people who have pre existing illness's they cant help, bur the vast majority could help themselves.

It is interesting to note that a BMC paper in 2021 concluded The population at risk of severe COVID-19 (defined as either aged =70?years, or younger with an underlying health condition) comprises 18.5 million individuals in the UK, including a considerable proportion of school-aged and working-aged individuals. Just saying. Anecdotally I would say that was then, this is now and Covid ain’t what it was (whether down to vaccines or natural processes or both). I was talking to an A&E nurse last week who told me there are virtually no admissions due to Covid currently at the large city hospital where she works despite it bring rampant in the community. It was not always thus. "

And if you delve deeper those underlying health issues include obesity and illness's that could be attributed to lifestyle.

It seems people are terrified to point out that the growing overweight population are coating this country billions and putting unnecessary stress on our health services. Its pretty disgraceful.

Get someone to drop you off some vitamin D and zinc even 800iu will help with the fatigue, and sleep if you need too, watch dvds / Netflix/prime, clean cupboards if you don’t. Just ride it out

"Believe strongly in your heart that it could have been worse if you didn't have three (why not four?) vaccinations and maybe it will make you feel better."

Nobody has had 4 vaccinations, only 2 and at least one booster.

Tin town

It is interesting to note that a BMC paper in 2021 concluded The population at risk of severe COVID-19 (defined as either aged =70?years, or younger with an underlying health condition) comprises 18.5 million individuals in the UK, including a considerable proportion of school-aged and working-aged individuals. Just saying. Anecdotally I would say that was then, this is now and Covid ain’t what it was (whether down to vaccines or natural processes or both). I was talking to an A&E nurse last week who told me there are virtually no admissions due to Covid currently at the large city hospital where she works despite it bring rampant in the community. It was not always thus.

And if you delve deeper those underlying health issues include obesity and illness's that could be attributed to lifestyle.

It seems people are terrified to point out that the growing overweight population are coating this country billions and putting unnecessary stress on our health services. Its pretty disgraceful. "

It is, you're right.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nobody has had 4 vaccinations, only 2 and at least one booster. "

Quite a few people have had 4 now, especially people that have been through chemotherapy and other treatments for certain types of cancer.

The original 2 and 2 boosters.

Nobody has had 4 vaccinations, only 2 and at least one booster. "

Yes they have?

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

Nobody has had 4 vaccinations, only 2 and at least one booster.

Yes they have?"

My mom has had 4, the original two Pfizer shots and two boosters. So far I've only had 3. We both had it a couple of weeks ago and thankfully it was mild for both of us and were feeling better within a week. I'm sure it was the "milder" strain we caught that's been going around.

But to the OP's question, just drink lots of water and rest. Take something if you're running a temperature and achy

By *offee drinkers only 3Man  over a year ago

Chorley

im in day 3 never had it before 3 jabs and I have to say this is one of the worce things that's happened to me it certainly brings it home to me it's very real

I got it before Christmas, was absolutely shite

Bigger fool you

The jab does nothing have you not worked it out yet!?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Bigger fool you

The jab does nothing have you not worked it out yet!?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cgrP0urv-c

Manchester (she/her)

"Bigger fool you

If it does nothing, why are people so scared of it and fighting it so fiercely, even against mandates that have all but disappeared globally?

Seems like a gigantic overreaction if it does nothing.

(Unless it's an ongoing grift of fear porn by fraudsters who are terrified of losing their rubes who follow their words like gospel)

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Bigger fool you

Which one do you refer, there are several.....

Manchester (she/her)

"Bigger fool you

Which one do you refer, there are several....."

I thought it was only Pfizer plus the side effects of Oxford AZ/J&J. Nothing else is real

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Bigger fool you

I thought it was only Pfizer plus the side effects of Oxford AZ/J&J. Nothing else is real"

The OP was I think suggesting none are real...

Manchester (she/her)

"Bigger fool you

I thought it was only Pfizer plus the side effects of Oxford AZ/J&J. Nothing else is real

The OP was I think suggesting none are real..."

True. it's difficult to divine the line

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

"Bigger fool you

South Shields

"Bigger fool you

Bore off man!!!

By *wesomeLolaCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We've both tested positive today for the second time (first was in January). Had a runny nose, tickly throat, and slight cough for a few days, thought it was just a mild cold so we were quite shocked when we tested positive. Still feeling fairly well. Symptoms were mild first time round too.

Zero vaccinations between us.

By *wesomeLolaCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"We've both tested positive today for the second time"

And just like that we're both negative again already.

By *orestguy28Man  over a year ago

Glos

Grizz it out! Lots of water, paracetamol and rest. 13 days me.

Sorry to hear you're poorly OP.

I've only just fully recovered from catching it for the first time!

I too thought like yourself.

I've gotten through the pandemic lockdowns and being back to work with loads of people in close proximity, I am not going to get it!

but get it I did.

I think I picked it up at a party.

I felt really unwell with it for the first 5 days, then slowly started to improve.

It started for me like a cold, stuffy nose, sore throat (that only lasted 1 day) headaches that were controllable with paracetamol and a dry cough.

Luckily I could breathe and my sense of taste was unaffected, though my sense of smell was just a little off. ( My usual favourite perfume didn't smell good!)

The worst symptom for me was the extreme fatigue!

I slept a lot those first 5 days, and that's recommended if you can do so.

As others have said, listen to your body.

Naps are good! And keep hydrated.

Hope you ride it out and soon return to full health.

Also just to be aware, on day 7 my positive covid test line was very weak, almost not there unlike the start of my infection. I thought (wrongly) that I was on the mend and my viral load was almost out of my system.

However the next 2 days the tests were as bright a pink line as at the beginning!

It took 10 days for me to test completely negative 2 days in a row and then able to resume my social life.

Get well soon

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

"We've both tested positive today for the second time

And just like that we're both negative again already."

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

It seems people are terrified to point out that the growing overweight population are coating this country billions and putting unnecessary stress on our health services. Its pretty disgraceful. "

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

All I can say is, when you think you're better don't push it coz your bodies still got to catch up.

"We've both tested positive today for the second time

And just like that we're both negative again already."

Pcr test or lateral flow?

I'm assuming it's the latter as they won't give you two pcrs that close. The lateral flow test show whether you are contagious or not, so very easy to test 'positive' one day and 'negative' the next as you may still have it but no longer be contagious.

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

I have to test each time I come into the office….. negative yesterday, positive today ….. like you, I’ve never tested positive before today…… feel fine, just cross that 2 and a half years of avoiding people, and I still catch it.

Hope you’re feeling better now?

pornhub and lots of tissues ??

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice? pornhub and lots of tissues ?? "

Was that on prescription.

Treat as a cold unless severe. Took paracetamol. Cold remedies.throat lozenges. But im not a doctor so if bad seek help.

Mine cleared in a few days

By *issSexyBootsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

I had it recently and it took 8 days after testing positive to go to negative. It was like flu symptoms with shivers, chills and generally feeling a bit shitty.

Felt tired and lost my sense of smell but not taste but all return to normal now thank god.

Triple vaccinated so god knows what it would have been like if I hadn’t been vaccinated.

Thing with covid is unlike the flu or a cold is knowing how your body is going to react to it as everyone is different

Beechams all in one helped with some ibuprofen and plenty of rest

Get well soon it’ll soon pass

By *hugwelMan  over a year ago

Jersey

I see my doctor every three months for blood tests, diabetic 2 using insulin she said I've possibly had it and just battled thru it, says loads of people have and don't reliase like the amount of undiagnosed diabetics have it never visit doctors see an advert yup yup yup, hey bingo

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

Drink plenty fluids and if you need to sleep then sleep

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

[Removed by poster at 07/08/22 20:06:08]

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

Don't test

By *ogisticalBigManMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you lost your sense of smell then don't bother getting anything fancy and fragrant to eat.

Had it twice already. 1st time was "before it was cool" (before anyone knew what it was in the mainstream)

2nd time I only realised when I went to have a drink of Islay malt and realised I couldn't smell it (if you know whisky....you know).

Just gotta see it out and hope it isn't too hard on you.

Very few people end up in hospital with it now. No-one I know who has had, it has had to go there

Lots of rest, paracetamol and don't rush back to work or you're likely to at yourself back again.

Sending gentle, but safe distance hugs xx

By *oxy lyxCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle Emlyn

Sounds really mental but put Vicks vaporub on the soles of your feet and wear socks to bed. Somehow it relieves the tightness in your chest and eases any coughing at night

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"If you need to sleep then just sleep. No point in fighting it, it's only going to make you feel worse"
exactly this I had it a couple of weeks ago and just felt like a rough bout of flu try and sleep through it.

South Shields

Update: After spending 5 days in bed I’m feeling back to my usual self although it took me a week to get over the fatigueness. It definitely wasn’t like a normal flu though, well it wasn’t in my experience anyways

"Update: After spending 5 days in bed I’m feeling back to my usual self although it took me a week to get over the fatigueness. It definitely wasn’t like a normal flu though, well it wasn’t in my experience anyways "

So pleased you're feeling better x

By *mizhereMan  over a year ago

thame area

2nd time for me

1st before all had jabs and I had ZERO symptoms

This time out I feel awful sore head throat and night sweats - think I’m going through The Change lol

Tired behind d belief but no cold symptoms

I was same.

Never in pandemic but about one month ago.

Now I have flu instead ??

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I read somehwere they are looking to remove the isolation period, when you test positive.

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

"I was same.

Never in pandemic but about one month ago.

Now I have flu instead ??"

Same, mine was 2 months ago and felt like the flu for mebbe 4 days.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I read somehwere they are looking to remove the isolation period, when you test positive."

Are you reading an old newspaper ? We have not been legally obliged to isolate since 24 February

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

I'm in my sixties and triple jabbed but four months ago it finally got me. Felt really shitty for a couple of days. Took about a week to start to feel normal Thought I had caught it again this week but it looks as if its just the hot weather. Tested myself this morning and it was clear so fingers crossed.

merseyside

"Thanks for the reply. Yeah that’s exactly what I’m doing right now drinking water and taking paracetamols. I’m just feeling so fatigued and kinda tired even though I’ve not long woke up, Sore throat and a little bit of a cough. I just can’t help worrying about if I get worse (I know I won’t) and end up in hospital. But I guess that’s just me worrying as it’s the first time I’ve ever had this horrible virus. "

You'll be fine, just don't be tempted to go out, especially if you are still testing positive after a week or so.

Plenty of fluids, paracetamol and rest.

Good luck, a family member tested positive 7 days ago, still testing positive but more bored than poorly at this stage and can't wait to get back to work.

merseyside

"I have had covid twice now and was wondering if anyone on here that has contracted the virus is experiencing memory issues "

Had a touch of brain fog but all cleared up a week or so after negative test.

Had bad joint pains for about 12 weeks after but pain killers physio and lots of exercise no longer any problems.

Infact feel more flexible and fitter since before Covid.

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

I tested positive on Wednesday my first time for covid and no jabs.

I have been feeling sick and dizzyness when moving around the house and loss of appetite

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I tested positive on Wednesday my first time for covid and no jabs.

I have been feeling sick and dizzyness when moving around the house and loss of appetite "

I hope you feel better soon

By *aramedic999Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Paracetamol, ibuprofen - every 4- 6 hrs and lots of water will sort it out.. oh and lots of netflix and rest helps turn the corner too!

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

We have all had it twice and all had 3 jabs. Fred was worse on the 2nd one and took 10 days to recover. Barney was I'll for 2 and he tested negative after 5 days. I didn't even know I had it the 2nd time.

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

Totally confused now, we were told the jabs prevented us from getting the covids.

"Totally confused now, we were told the jabs prevented us from getting the covids."

Whoever told you that was talking bullshit. They only lessen the severity of the Covid symptoms x

merseyside

"Totally confused now, we were told the jabs prevented us from getting the covids."

No vaccine has stopped you becoming infected.

Tin town

I thought that was 4 hail Mary's and an our father?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This is a common misconception, but if you think about it logically... the virus needs to get inside your body for any sort of immune response to happen.

What ANY vaccine does, is pretend to be the virus so your body can formulate an immune response without getting sick from the real virus... to prevent people catching the virus you would need a forcefield, although it was shown that isolation and masks also helped.

Cal

By *bitdifferent22Couple  over a year ago

Arden

Had it 6 weeks ago on a return from holiday.

I had to get steroids and antibiotics..

Just drink plenty and paracetamol as everyone else says.

Slept lots and still very fatigued.

Just ride it out not literally as that will be last thing on your mind lol

Take care speedy recovery

It pains me to think of all that unrecyclable plastic that we are now dumpling in land-fill.

People really need to move on this obsession with testing.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

This was how they were originally sold

Manchester (she/her)

"It pains me to think of all that unrecyclable plastic that we are now dumpling in land-fill.

People really need to move on this obsession with testing."

If this pandemic has taught us anything, it's that everyone will figure out their own way to manage.

If you're concerned about pollution, you're welcome to make changes in your own life, rather than virtue signalling that you're better than people who don't want to spread disease.

I always wondered why people put fuilly vacinated on their profiles. The vaccination doesnt stop you from catching it, it just means when you do it will be milder than the full blown virus. Being vaccinated also doesnt stop you passing it onto others.

For me when I had it over xmas, having had the 3rd jab, it only lasted about 3 days. Paracetamol for the headaches. I couldnt smell or taste anything for 2 days either but was fine after that. So just wait it out

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 15/08/22 21:00:40]

By *abyblueeyescoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hastings

I tested positive for the second time on Tuesday, feel lousy, have sinus issues anyway so expect it to include the inevitable sinus infection - headache is awful and paracetamol/ ibruprofen not really touching it. Fully jabbed as well.

Rest, rest, and more rest. Catch up on missed tv and films - if you can be bothered! Don’t try to do too much when you think you are better, because you will regret it. Been there, and done that

You are your own priority. Look after yourself.

Had it at the end of June, treated like a cold/flu, NyQuil. Lasted a week, not too bad, but I’ve had a dry cough ever since, can’t shake it.

By *otshot14Woman  over a year ago

nuneaton

I got it in June,first few days wasn't that bad,though I didn't even had it,then backache for 72 hrs,then after that sickness then after that the shits.didnt feel.like eating about day 5.then slept for another 5 days,with no energy.went back to wrk,and took me another month to feel like I was back to normal.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Memory issues can be a symptom of long covid.

By *appyhereMan  over a year ago

East Mids

You can’t honestly think you’ve not had it before…probably didn’t knew. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock haha. Like someone’s already said the current strain is like a mild cold. You’ll be fine

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I tested positive on Wednesday my first time for covid and no jabs.

I have been feeling sick and dizzyness when moving around the house and loss of appetite "

I am still positive as tested yesterday but feeling good now I have been lucky with symptoms

Manchester (she/her)

"You can’t honestly think you’ve not had it before…probably didn’t knew. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock haha. Like someone’s already said the current strain is like a mild cold. You’ll be fine "

Some people haven't had it before - testing and all that jazz.

By *iCurious4WomenMan  over a year ago

Inverclyde

"I have had covid twice now and was wondering if anyone on here that has contracted the virus is experiencing memory issues

Memory issues can be a symptom of long covid. "

It can also be a side effect of the jabs.

Inverclyde

Serious question. Why test? Did you test in the past when you suspected you had seasonal flu or the common cold?

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice?

Serious question. Why test? Did you test in the past when you suspected you had seasonal flu or the common cold? "

Covid is much worse than the flu or a cold.

By *he Artful TodgerMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire but travel

In the same boat with multiple vaccinations, tested positive two weeks back, only a blocked nose mild cough and headache for 48hrs then fine, plenty of fluids, keep hydrated, rest up you’ll be fine…

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Take a lemsip N a good sleep

By *nal-DelightTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Ibuprofen. Reduces the flu like symptoms, banging head and aches. Plus two 500 paracetamol caffeine plus.

Burn eucalyptus oil.

I swear by it X

By *ushNWWoman  over a year ago

Salford

Orgasms are natures pain killers!

"So after two years, 3 lockdowns and 3 vaccinations later the coronavirus finally came to me I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling so shitty! Can anyone give me any advice?

Serious question. Why test? Did you test in the past when you suspected you had seasonal flu or the common cold?

Covid is much worse than the flu or a cold."

. For most people that isn’t the case. Many get covid and are never aware, most get fairly mild symptoms. No one who ever got flu was unaware.

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 08:13:18]

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Covid is much worse than the flu or a cold.. For most people that isn’t the case. Many get covid and are never aware, most get fairly mild symptoms. No one who ever got flu was unaware. "

Not true people can and do get flu asymptomatically. Most people only get symptomatic flu a couple of times in their life. Covid is much more contagious than flu which is the main reason why it has killed so many people,despite it being only slightly more deadly than flu.

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

On the plus side at least you haven't got man flu as we no this is fatal.

Just rest up, find a good series to indulge in (Suits is excellent) and keep your fluids up and paracetamol intake.

Hopefully you'll be back to normal in a few days.

South Shields

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 09:24:25]

South Shields

I honestly don’t get why people are so judgmental when others have the virus!! The amount of hate and messages I’ve had on this post is absolutely ridiculous!! Here’s just one of these messages I’ve had …. ‘Don't live’

South Shields

I Dont need to be bombarded with messages from the tinfoil hat brigade.. I had the virus a few weeks and wrote this post looking for some advice but now I’m fine although I’m still getting stupid messages from stupid people who think they’re ‘medical health experts!

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I am same now on day 15 of positive covid tests.

I am on high risk and feel dreadful.

Hope you get well soon.

It can also be a side effect of the jabs."

It's also a proven effect of heavy social media use. You can Google it.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

It can also be a side effect of the jabs.

It's also a proven effect of heavy social media use. You can Google it. "

The virus uses the olfactory nerve as a conduit so that’s why some patients suffer loss of smell. Certainly caused reduced grey matter post infection so this can effect memory- it’s not clear if this is permanent or temporary at the moment- although cognitive changes tend to persist.

Long Covid it’s self is a continuation of these

symptoms and the more likely scenario is that the virus is slow to be cleared or not cleared at all by the immune system as the virus hides( at very low levels but persists) in certain locations in the body - this low level persistence is postulated to cause deregulation of our own immune system - hence the multitude of clinical signs seen with Long Covid.

No cure yet but plenty of drugs in development at the moment

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

"I honestly don’t get why people are so judgmental when others have the virus!! The amount of hate and messages I’ve had on this post is absolutely ridiculous!! Here’s just one of these messages I’ve had …. ‘Don't live’ "

Wow that's disgusting I'm sorry the keyboard warriors are out in force OP.

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

Same here all this time northing then Thursday felt a cold coming on tested positive but feel ok just mild cold symptoms

If it's knocked you out for work I'd recommend Netflix, prime or Disney+

With a big soft cushion.

Won't do anything for the virus but it stopped us going insane with boredom

By *olly AdamsTV/TS  over a year ago

Somewhere

Was hospitalised last year with covid. They pumped me full of vitamin D, and pescribed Vit D after i got home.lots of fresh air and sleep on your front as that opens the air ways. Friends have had this varient recently and generally recover after 5 days.

By *limeyoMan  over a year ago

Oswestry

Yes my COVID experience was really bad headaches amongst other things. My memory has been shocking since, it’s starting to improve again now 6 months on

By *heAlphaMan  over a year ago

Leeds/Huddersfield

Happened to me a few weeks ago just before my Cyprus holiday. Dodged it for 2 years, fully vaccinated too.

You will feel a bit crap for a few days then tired for about a week or so.

I didn’t really have a cough but had a bit of a chest infection. I stopped being positive after 7 days.

Just rest and keep taking paracetamol

Leeds/Huddersfield

Yes vitamin D helps protect us against it

Leeds/Huddersfield

Lol

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I've been taking 4000 IU of Vitamin D for over 2 years as it was recommended to boost the immune system. Since then I've only had one very minor cold and I usually catch bad colds 4-6 times a year at least.

Yes, I finally had Convid in March but it was really mild compared to a bad cold. Being Asthmatic, I got a bit chesty, which is normal, and bumped up my steroid inhaler, but other than that no ill effects and right as rain after 10 days. And no cough which was weird as that's supposed to be one of the main symptoms.

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Make yourself eat and drink!!!! You will probably have little or no appetite, and may suffer extreme lethargy and apathy. But your body needs the nutrition and the hydration to fight the infection. I had it in December and I'm only now, beginning to recover from long Covid. Red wine, peppers, and ice cream still taste like fairy liquid though

Inverclyde

[Removed by poster at 30/08/22 00:08:57]

Inverclyde

Covid is much worse than the flu or a cold."

Stop spreading misinformation. Have you checked the current fatality rate?

Inverclyde

Stop spreading misinformation. Have you checked the current fatality rate? "

Figures available on the ONS website.

Inverclyde

"I Dont need to be bombarded with messages from the tinfoil hat brigade.. I had the virus a few weeks and wrote this post looking for some advice but now I’m fine although I’m still getting stupid messages from stupid people who think they’re ‘medical health experts! "

So now you are throwing around the 'tinfoil hat brigade' insult to people asking questions, yet are talking about others being judgemental. Wow.

Inverclyde

"I honestly don’t get why people are so judgmental when others have the virus!! The amount of hate and messages I’ve had on this post is absolutely ridiculous!! Here’s just one of these messages I’ve had …. ‘Don't live’ "

Obviously saying to you 'Don't live' is out of order. Surely you can report that?

york

Figures available on the ONS website."

york

Figures available on the ONS website."

covid death figures are not accurate because of the way it collected . It’s the flu

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Figures available on the ONS website.covid death figures are not accurate because of the way it collected . It’s the flu "

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue.

york

Figures available on the ONS website.covid death figures are not accurate because of the way it collected . It’s the flu

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue."

it sounds like you havnt a clue covids comparable to influenza and never been as deadly as they said it was

Rest and don’t try to undermine it. I catch ed it at least twice and only things I could was sleeping. I heard it get worst if you don’t rest I.e. trying to work etc.

Tin town

Figures available on the ONS website.covid death figures are not accurate because of the way it collected . It’s the flu

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue.it sounds like you havnt a clue covids comparable to influenza and never been as deadly as they said it was "

What's your agenda.?

both myself and my 2 kids had it in may im classed as cev and ended up taking the antivirals i didnt realise how bad it is take multivits and fluids dont worry about food and keep eye on cough /breathing take it easy

By *oney roseWoman  over a year ago

North East

I worked through and never got covid but recently I got it .I just had lunch and I couldn't taste it .Made full recovery in 10 days

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue.it sounds like you havnt a clue covids comparable to influenza and never been as deadly as they said it was "

You keep posting that. God knows why. Over 2 years and to still have that same belief is very odd

Im pretty sure the 6.52 million that have died of covid, plus their families would disagree with you.

Winston

By *hubster1Man  over a year ago

torbay

Cocodamol. Within a day all the symptoms had gone . Worked for myself and all my kids

york

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue.it sounds like you havnt a clue covids comparable to influenza and never been as deadly as they said it was

You keep posting that. God knows why. Over 2 years and to still have that same belief is very odd

Im pretty sure the 6.52 million that have died of covid, plus their families would disagree with you.

Winston"

they havnt died from covid just with it and the way the death get recorded some havnt even had covid when they died . It was blown out of all proportion

merseyside

Oh dear. You really haven't a clue.it sounds like you havnt a clue covids comparable to influenza and never been as deadly as they said it was

Winston they havnt died from covid just with it and the way the death get recorded some havnt even had covid when they died . It was blown out of all proportion "

Instead of arguing the toss on a swingers site why not volunteer in your local hospital and ask medics working within the different departments how covid is having a bearing on their different areas of expertise.

From there, pop along to residential and nursing homes, pick ones who attract folks from different social and economic groups.

From there, pick a specialised cancer care unit, did covid stop treatment programmes or were they still inplace and many patients were happy to stay away due to the fear of contracting Covid and monitor their progression with remote consultations with various departments within the cancer care units.

You maybe surprised at the outcome.

Think you will find, as in most areas of medicine, reality can be slightly counter intuitive

Keep an open mind and don't be swayed by your own bias, we all tend to swing a certain way.

Winston they havnt died from covid just with it and the way the death get recorded some havnt even had covid when they died . It was blown out of all proportion "

You new all 6.52 million victims presumably.

Bit of a worldwide scandal, 6.52 million fraudulent death certificates.

What do you make of the millions of people now suffering long covid?

Got a theory on that one?

Winston

york

Winston they havnt died from covid just with it and the way the death get recorded some havnt even had covid when they died . It was blown out of all proportion

Winston "

that much dying is not a lot in the world population and the figures are died with and not as a result of it and I never said it didn’t kill people . Flu kills thousands in the country in a very small period of time and you can get long term effect from all viruses including influenza. Remember an average age of death of 82 and at least a 99.7% survival rate . You’re hysterical over something comparable to influenza

Winston they havnt died from covid just with it and the way the death get recorded some havnt even had covid when they died . It was blown out of all proportion

Winston that much dying is not a lot in the world population and the figures are died with and not as a result of it and I never said it didn’t kill people . Flu kills thousands in the country in a very small period of time and you can get long term effect from all viruses including influenza. Remember an average age of death of 82 and at least a 99.7% survival rate . You’re hysterical over something comparable to influenza "

I'd say 6.52 million deaths is too many, I guess we place a different value on life.

You've seen all 6.52 million death certificates then? That's a lot of research, well done.

Winston

Tin town

Instead of arguing the toss on a swingers site why not volunteer in your local hospital and ask medics working within the different departments how covid is having a bearing on their different areas of expertise.

From there, pop along to residential and nursing homes, pick ones who attract folks from different social and economic groups.

From there, pick a specialised cancer care unit, did covid stop treatment programmes or were they still inplace and many patients were happy to stay away due to the fear of contracting Covid and monitor their progression with remote consultations with various departments within the cancer care units.

Think you will find, as in most areas of medicine, reality can be slightly counter intuitive

Keep an open mind and don't be swayed by your own bias, we all tend to swing a certain way.

"

Ascertain facts you say? Hmmm

Manchester (she/her)

Winston that much dying is not a lot in the world population and the figures are died with and not as a result of it and I never said it didn’t kill people . Flu kills thousands in the country in a very small period of time and you can get long term effect from all viruses including influenza. Remember an average age of death of 82 and at least a 99.7% survival rate . You’re hysterical over something comparable to influenza "

As compared to 2019 death rates, 2022 death rates from Covid would be the second leading cause of death.

But I suppose facts are hysterical now.

york

Winston that much dying is not a lot in the world population and the figures are died with and not as a result of it and I never said it didn’t kill people . Flu kills thousands in the country in a very small period of time and you can get long term effect from all viruses including influenza. Remember an average age of death of 82 and at least a 99.7% survival rate . You’re hysterical over something comparable to influenza

As compared to 2019 death rates, 2022 death rates from Covid would be the second leading cause of death.

But I suppose facts are hysterical now."

deaths there is no death rate from covid it’s recorded died of any any cause within 28 day of a positive test . A lot of covid recorded deaths were nothing to do with covid .

Manchester (she/her)

Winston that much dying is not a lot in the world population and the figures are died with and not as a result of it and I never said it didn’t kill people . Flu kills thousands in the country in a very small period of time and you can get long term effect from all viruses including influenza. Remember an average age of death of 82 and at least a 99.7% survival rate . You’re hysterical over something comparable to influenza

But I suppose facts are hysterical now.deaths there is no death rate from covid it’s recorded died of any any cause within 28 day of a positive test . A lot of covid recorded deaths were nothing to do with covid . "

I'm sorry you believe that the initial form of recording in the UK is the only way of determining these things world wide.

york

But I suppose facts are hysterical now.deaths there is no death rate from covid it’s recorded died of any any cause within 28 day of a positive test . A lot of covid recorded deaths were nothing to do with covid .

I'm sorry you believe that the initial form of recording in the UK is the only way of determining these things world wide."

believe it’s fact and covid death were over recorded people who’d tested positive 3 months before were having covid mentioned on the death certificates. Covid was overegged a lot of the experts admit that now lockdowns didn’t save anyone

Manchester (she/her)

But I suppose facts are hysterical now.deaths there is no death rate from covid it’s recorded died of any any cause within 28 day of a positive test . A lot of covid recorded deaths were nothing to do with covid .

I'm sorry you believe that the initial form of recording in the UK is the only way of determining these things world wide. believe it’s fact and covid death were over recorded people who’d tested positive 3 months before were having covid mentioned on the death certificates. Covid was overegged a lot of the experts admit that now lockdowns didn’t save anyone "

It's a fact that all countries report Covid deaths in the same way?

Hmm. I don't think so.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I got covid 1st time couple of month ago tested positive for 17 days it knocked me for 6 in part as my immune system is low.

I still effects of even now.

Oddly my cocks got bigger

Manchester (she/her)

"I got covid 1st time couple of month ago tested positive for 17 days it knocked me for 6 in part as my immune system is low.

I still effects of even now.

Oddly my cocks got bigger "

Hope things improve

merseyside

Ascertain facts you say? Hmmm"

Is that me you are speaking to.

Can't see where I wrote ascertaining the facts?

I think I'm just trying to point out what gets thrown around social media sites is from time to time, obviously not always, slightly different from the big, bad real world and I suggested taking a look around a real life area where Covid has an impact.

I do understand that these threads get so long that figuring out who said what can be a bit of a chore.

I'm constantly guilty but most the time I'm at work and on a break, don't have the time to start at the top and work down.

Have a nice weekend.

We're soon off to our first swingers party in what seems like an eternity.

Normality is, at last, lifting its head.