FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it just me or are people getting ill more often?

Is it just me or are people getting ill more often?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Soon as I get over one flu I'm struck down with a second dose. I can't remember the last time I went more than 3 months without catching something.

Could it be different strains of covid going around or do the jabs weaken the immune system?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I don't think it's anything to do with the jabs. I happened to be mixing with people through work during lockdown. And due to a lot of it being with people that panicked if someone had a mask.. my ppe wearing was not constant within my job. So I didn't have the months and months of isolation that others have had. I've not caught anything other than covid and one particularly nasty chest infection ( that to be fair as it was 2months after covid, could have been related to that)

However I've noticed that those of us that weren't completely staying away from people seem to be having less illness than those that have stayed away. Which is what you would expect..... as we pick up immunity from most things by exposure.. ( hence chicken pox parties etc)

However the issue with covid was that our bodies didn't know how to respond to it.. bit like the native Americans with the common cold many many years ago.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Are you getting actually flu?

We've all been locked away washing our hands every five minutes so our immune systems need to rebuild

"Are you getting actually flu?

We've all been locked away washing our hands every five minutes so our immune systems need to rebuild"

I'm not sure if it's flu. It feels different than I had last time.

Only last week I got over something. I thought great! I can go straight back to work, but today it's come back even worse !

Aches, hot and cold, no appetite, headache I'm sick of this now

By *lutsfunMan  over a year ago

bedford

It’s both in your last paragraph, the jabs destroy the immune system and the new variant is with us remember, take care

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 29/12/22 19:52:43]

Durham

"It’s both in your last paragraph, the jabs destroy the immune system and the new variant is with us remember, take care "

How do jobs destroy the immune system? Vaccines job is to stimulate the immune system.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've all been locked away washing our hands every five minutes so our immune systems need to rebuild

Only last week I got over something. I thought great! I can go straight back to work, but today it's come back even worse !

Aches, hot and cold, no appetite, headache I'm sick of this now "

It sounds like a nasty virus for sure.

By *inkyjacksCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

[Removed by poster at 29/12/22 19:59:21]

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Covid and its variants are circulating widely, and the Winter Flu adds an additional burden to cope with; but I suspect that many people are not giving an adequate amount of time to fully recover and are thus rendering themselves less capable of fighting off the next infection.

Rest and a full recovery at home are vital for rebuilding strength and resilience.

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

"Soon as I get over one flu I'm struck down with a second dose. I can't remember the last time I went more than 3 months without catching something.

Could it be different strains of covid going around or do the jabs weaken the immune system?"

its because you are living in a human petrie dish of a country that is way too overcrowded.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have all lost immunity to all previous viruses due to the COVID lock downs, mask wearing etc. I agree with little calli.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

It’s not flu

If it was flu you would not be typing away on a swingers forum moaning about aches no appetite etc..

When I had flu I couldn’t even pick up a phone for 6 days

It’s not flu

If it was flu you would not be typing away on a swingers forum moaning about aches no appetite etc..

When I had flu I couldn’t even pick up a phone for 6 days "

Well whatever it is I feel weak as a cat

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

The jab is destroying immune system can find out a lot on Pfizer web site, on how terrible the jab is

Milton Keynes

It’s not flu

Well whatever it is I feel weak as a cat "

But not to weak to pick up a phone

We were talking about this today, id say our immune systems arent as good as they once were after bwing locked down for nearly 2 years

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

Let's think about this for 2 years alot of people wearing masks keeping distance when out and about high standard of hygiene etc then all of a sudden we are now living with covid as they put it less masks hygiene out the window more people mixing kids back at school etc etc not rocket science to work this one out

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, I've noticed that people seem to be more sick more often.

I can't remember the last time I had a respiratory illness

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"We were talking about this today, id say our immune systems arent as good as they once were after bwing locked down for nearly 2 years "

I'd say your immune system not as good as it once was after continually being infected with covid for nearly two years. Mine still as good as it ever was.

This winters cold is a tough cookie. Everyone I know had it for 3 weeks and many have lost their voice. But can still get on with life, just. It is not flu.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"We have all lost immunity to all previous viruses due to the COVID lock downs, mask wearing etc. I agree with little calli. "

The immunity debt theory is losing ground because when you look at countries with minimal restrictions like Sweden, they are having a worse resp disease season ( esp RSV) than last year.

We have been out of restrictions also for a long time now and you would have expected last winter to be worse than this … but it’s the other way around

The theory rapidly gaining ground is that Covid fucks with your immune system. Suppression of T cells for months plus deregulation of the immune system which interferes with its normal function . It’s is also associated with the re activation of latent virus’s such as EB virus.

More studies are coming out on this subject every week so it’s definitely an area to watch

And no- flu doesn’t do the same.

"The jab is destroying immune system can find out a lot on Pfizer web site, on how terrible the jab is "

Sounds interesting

By *ancadamMan  over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 29/12/22 21:20:26]

Stockport

I had those exact same symptoms from the week before Christmas and I'm only just feeling better now why don't you test see if you have covid

Stockport

"The jab is destroying immune system can find out a lot on Pfizer web site, on how terrible the jab is

Sounds interesting "

Sounds like bollocks.

Manchester (she/her)

"The jab is destroying immune system can find out a lot on Pfizer web site, on how terrible the jab is

Sounds interesting

Sounds like bollocks."

I've had four Pfizers. Why hasn't my immune system exploded yet? Hmm.

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 29/12/22 21:22:59]

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

It’s not flu

But not to weak to pick up a phone"

Phones arent that heavy

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 29/12/22 21:23:43]

Sounds interesting

Sounds like bollocks.

I've had four Pfizers. Why hasn't my immune system exploded yet? Hmm."

Maybe it has some other side effect. Has anyone else read the Pfizer website about it ?

Manchester (she/her)

Sounds interesting

Sounds like bollocks.

I've had four Pfizers. Why hasn't my immune system exploded yet? Hmm.

Maybe it has some other side effect. Has anyone else read the Pfizer website about it ?"

I had a bit of a sore arm. My understanding is that, like any other vaccine, they primed my immune system to react quickly when encountering the relevant variants of Covid. But that's more of an *effect* than a side effect.

If Pfizer destroyed the immune system you'd think I'd be pretty unwell. And yet.

Milton Keynes

It’s not flu

Phones arent that heavy "

No they are not heavy, but when you have the flu or any other serious illness, when you cannot even sit up in bed or roll over etc.. when you need to go to toilet and it’s a half hour mission to cross the landing to get there, when you are cannot lift a glass of water and get your nutrition from someone spoon feeding you jelly from a plastic tub, when you are hallucinating and cannot think straight and lose 5 or 6 days of your life like that. When your body aches so much you want to die.That is the flu.

So sick of hearing on social media and on here etc “I have the flu feel like been hit by a train “

Really??

That is not the flu!!

Weymouth

Sounds interesting "

So how about those patients , pre vaccine, have exactly the same haematological and biochemical parameters as those affected by Covid post vaccine. Easy to look up papers- happy to lisy them. The

The pandemic will be officially declared over next month in israel, with the coronavirus being downgraded to the status of the flu.

By *appytaffWoman  over a year ago

blackwood

Have to admit - I had to continue peopling during the lockdown, have not had COvid ( that I know about )

But for the first time In years I had proper can barely move flu, just getting better from that and got struck by a nasty cold so clearly my immune system was taking a bit of a battering, three weeks later and I’m just about right

And before anyone asks yes I was regularly testing fir COvid and every single test was negative

All in all think my immune system in the many is pretty good

By *eansayianMan  over a year ago

oxford

This is what i heard in a vid..covid damages T cells and it takes ages for them to repair, were talking many many months so when you then catch something else your body isnt able to fight it off as easily as it would do normally.

Stockport

"The pandemic will be officially declared over next month in israel, with the coronavirus being downgraded to the status of the flu."

Funny how the virus doesn't think the pandemic is over.

Manchester (she/her)

"The pandemic will be officially declared over next month in israel, with the coronavirus being downgraded to the status of the flu.

Funny how the virus doesn't think the pandemic is over."

Don't be daft, Polly, nature always bends to our will. That's why we overcame malaria in Europe, by being very clever and telling it to go away. Similarly smallpox was eradicated because there was business to be done.

By *mightyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

it's not vaccine it's called gene therapy it came from research centre pfizer have admitted it was all big lie your body is full of graphine oxide unlucky those that took it

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"it's not vaccine it's called gene therapy it came from research centre pfizer have admitted it was all big lie your body is full of graphine oxide unlucky those that took it "

Lolz if you could spell graphene I might have believed you

By *ittlechick77Couple  over a year ago

Staines

"it's not vaccine it's called gene therapy it came from research centre pfizer have admitted it was all big lie your body is full of graphine oxide unlucky those that took it

Lolz if you could spell graphene I might have believed you "

and the Spanish researcher who had made these claims has since been disproved and he also admits his research was in valid

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Not sure. I know we are much more sensitive to symptoms. And the hygiene is pretty poor overall so... Not really a surprise.

Weymouth

"Have to admit - I had to continue peopling during the lockdown, have not had COvid ( that I know about )

But for the first time In years I had proper can barely move flu, just getting better from that and got struck by a nasty cold so clearly my immune system was taking a bit of a battering, three weeks later and I’m just about right

And before anyone asks yes I was regularly testing fir COvid and every single test was negative

All in all think my immune system in the many is pretty good "

But can you back that up with haematology- my point is that how you feel and the status of your immune system are not necessarily linked.

By *mightyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

"it's not vaccine it's called gene therapy it came from research centre pfizer have admitted it was all big lie your body is full of graphine oxide unlucky those that took it

Lolz if you could spell graphene I might have believed you and the Spanish researcher who had made these claims has since been disproved and he also admits his research was in valid"

like the guy who invented the pcr test for which he received the nobel peace prize for his invention it was never designed to test for covid hence all the false positives wish ppl would pull there head out the sand & research it themselves funnily this man died pre covid i wonder why yet here we are listening to the likes of bill gates software engineer or dr fauci in 2017 warning us of pandemic people are so dumb it was all planned

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Whatever is doing the rounds at the moment is rife among everyone I know! Everyone seems to be laid up with it.

By *exycouplesswingCouple  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

It’s winter….

By *iberius61Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

"It’s not flu

When I had flu I couldn’t even pick up a phone for 6 days "

Flu is surprisingly variable. I've had it a few times. First time I genuinely thought I was going to die. If I did anything more energetic than turning over in bed I was drained. My joints ached and my skin was tender. Lasted about 2 weeks.

A few years later, I had something similar, same symptoms but nowhere near as severe, same tender skin, aching joints and inability to do much, but much milder. I had similar twice more. Then 2 years ago I got it bad again. A friend visited as I was recovering, I didn't know at the time but after he left he told his wife that he thought I was dying.

Durham

"it's not vaccine it's called gene therapy it came from research centre pfizer have admitted it was all big lie your body is full of graphine oxide unlucky those that took it "

Surely there is no one that believes this?

Pontefract

"Surely there is no one that believes this?"

Sadly there's a lot. A friend of mine started off believing that it was 5g, then exosomes, then...well I kinda lost the thread to be honest, but I'm pretty sure it was all some plot from the government to make everyone stay at home and not travel and down with 15 minute cities and look at these YouTube videos that tell it all...do the research!!!... something like that. I think I might have missed a step out or got some confused

Is it possible to post a link on here for gene therapy, please ?

By *ittlechick77Couple  over a year ago

Staines

Is it possible to post a link on here for gene therapy, please ?"

gene therapy isn't new first gene therapy studies were in 1990. It is utilised to potentially solve cure many different diseases. As with anything it can be abused if you rambert dolly the sheep was created by stem cells and genetic modification and therapy.

Morally at the time everyone e thought this wrong but meant medical advancements have come of the back of it

By *nterdimensionalMan  over a year ago

london

i've yet to get covid or get this flu everyones banging on about but a lot of people are getting sick, repetitively.

What am i doing right?

"The jab is destroying immune system can find out a lot on Pfizer web site, on how terrible the jab is "
really I thought that it was helping to encourage our immune system to work against covid. I've had 3 different vaccines for covid. 2 astra zenica,Pfizer and forget what the latest one was

By *ust JuicyWoman  over a year ago

east london

I am going to block as I fear my patience is running very low and next you will tell us that Elvis is alive and working in your local takeaway ….. if you are going to spread such silly stories get the spelling right graphene oxide is used for gene therapy

Pontefract

"i've yet to get covid or get this flu everyones banging on about but a lot of people are getting sick, repetitively.

What am i doing right? "

Probably a things...the biggest one is luck. I also didn't get covid when many people were, in spite of my wife getting it twice. I did get it eventually, but a couple of months ago, by which time it had mutated itself to being very mild. I tested positive but hardly felt any symptoms.

You then may also have a number of genetic advantages that seem to help. People with BAME ancestors seemed to suffer worse, could be genetic, maybe vitamin D, I don't think there's conclusive research. There's a gene that we gained from neanderthals that seemed to be a risk factor, probably a whole set of other genetic markers that we don't know about.

Finally a series of personal items. Overweight/obese people appear to have suffered the worse symptoms, although that's more anecdotal evidence than anything. Flu, you probably have some natural immunity to, a lot of people do (genetically, flu and covid viruses are about as closely related as you and a daffodil).

My family is interesting. If there's a bug caught, it's either me, or wife and son. I seldom catch theirs and they seldom catch mine, however they always get each others.

"i've yet to get covid or get this flu everyones banging on about but a lot of people are getting sick, repetitively.

What am i doing right?

Probably a things...the biggest one is luck. I also didn't get covid when many people were, in spite of my wife getting it twice. I did get it eventually, but a couple of months ago, by which time it had mutated itself to being very mild. I tested positive but hardly felt any symptoms.

You then may also have a number of genetic advantages that seem to help. People with BAME ancestors seemed to suffer worse, could be genetic, maybe vitamin D, I don't think there's conclusive research. There's a gene that we gained from neanderthals that seemed to be a risk factor, probably a whole set of other genetic markers that we don't know about.

Finally a series of personal items. Overweight/obese people appear to have suffered the worse symptoms, although that's more anecdotal evidence than anything. Flu, you probably have some natural immunity to, a lot of people do (genetically, flu and covid viruses are about as closely related as you and a daffodil).

My family is interesting. If there's a bug caught, it's either me, or wife and son. I seldom catch theirs and they seldom catch mine, however they always get each others."

Everyone has BAME ancestors. I think you mean currently minorities seem to get it worse, but nobody knows if that’s due to genetics or due to some of those demographics having poorer health and diet

all around

Lolz if you could spell graphene I might have believed you and the Spanish researcher who had made these claims has since been disproved and he also admits his research was in valid

like the guy who invented the pcr test for which he received the nobel peace prize for his invention it was never designed to test for covid hence all the false positives wish ppl would pull there head out the sand & research it themselves funnily this man died pre covid i wonder why yet here we are listening to the likes of bill gates software engineer or dr fauci in 2017 warning us of pandemic people are so dumb it was all planned "

The stories and fantasies section is just down from the virus section and I'm not sure where the comedy posts should actually go lol

By the way, PCR can even detect stupidity I believe

Pontefract

"Everyone has BAME ancestors. I think you mean currently minorities seem to get it worse, but nobody knows if that’s due to genetics or due to some of those demographics having poorer health and diet "

Yeah, I probably should have said 'recent' BAME ancestry, but as you point out, it's an indicating factor rather than a definite correlation. Similar to the obese comment though. That just came from conversations I've had with a number of NHS professionals, I asked if they had noticed any factors and they all mentioned it. I don't know of any research to corroborate. The neanderthal gene does have some research associated. Overall I think I'm going with my first reason, with luck being the primary skill you want to help you avoid illnesses.

Pontefract

"By the way, PCR can even detect stupidity I believe "

I mentioned above a friend of mine who went with literally every crazy theory, from 5g, Bill Gates putting a tracker in the vaccines, genetic modification...literally every crackpot theory. He refused to wear a mask coz they deprive you of oxygen, etc. Then, he's never caught anything. I think even viruses take one look and say nope, not going there

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Lolz if you could spell graphene I might have believed you and the Spanish researcher who had made these claims has since been disproved and he also admits his research was in valid

like the guy who invented the pcr test for which he received the nobel peace prize for his invention it was never designed to test for covid hence all the false positives wish ppl would pull there head out the sand & research it themselves funnily this man died pre covid i wonder why yet here we are listening to the likes of bill gates software engineer or dr fauci in 2017 warning us of pandemic people are so dumb it was all planned "

Thankfully, the research done and the evidence, isn't supportive of the crackpot theories that try to outbatshit each other

Central

Top of the posts trying to outbatshit the rest

Weymouth

What am i doing right?

My family is interesting. If there's a bug caught, it's either me, or wife and son. I seldom catch theirs and they seldom catch mine, however they always get each others."

What you are quoting relates to acute Covid and its outcomes- not necessarily milder infections. In fact Covid severity is not a predictor of whether you get LC.

There is definitely a female bias in LC patients but there could be a lot of environmental reasons for this to be so.

I've seen a couple of forums about Pfizer indicating there is a problem with the vaccine.

Has anyone else seen this on the Pfizer website ?

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

I've heard there's lots of ABV going around but maybe it's global warming or cooling or climate change.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I've seen a couple of forums about Pfizer indicating there is a problem with the vaccine.

Has anyone else seen this on the Pfizer website ?"

Why don't you look yourself??

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

It's a combo of various things plus them pesky Scientists have been warning about various different factors for years and largely been ignored and our immune systems are at a all time low and then you get people saying idiotic things like "The jabs devast the immune system " like they are some kind of well reknowned expert on such matter's ?? where in fact the opposite iss true for 99.9% of all jabs and this year we lost our "Measle Free" status we'd held for years because of the such people pushing lies/falsehoods ??

"I've seen a couple of forums about Pfizer indicating there is a problem with the vaccine.

Why don't you look yourself??"

No I haven't looked at it. I'm not clued up with anything.

No I haven't looked at it. I'm not clued up with anything."

Like myself it seems most people just haven't bothered going through it

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

You've probably got a man cold and feeling a bit sorry for yourself and that's fine.

Get to bed, some paracetamol and lots of fluids.

Lots of winter lurgies going around and as virus and covid has had do much press time we tend to over worry and think it's worse than it is.

Once you feel better get up and get out, have a walk on the beach, go to the park, talk to people and try to drag normality kicking and screaming into 2023.

Went into Liverpool City Centre last night and had a great time.

Take care but don't get too stressed.

You've probably got a man cold and feeling a bit sorry for yourself and that's fine.

Lots of winter lurgies going around and as virus and covid has had do much press time we tend to over worry and think it's worse than it is.

Once you feel better get up and get out, have a walk on the beach, go to the park, talk to people and try to drag normality kicking and screaming into 2023.

"

Thank you

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"

This and yes, not everything is covid.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Not really. I'd say I've had less colds, before all that a few a year. Now maybe one a year.

Haven't had any vaccines

It's a Pandemic of the vaccinated don'tcha know lol

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

like the guy who invented the pcr test for which he received the nobel peace prize for his invention it was never designed to test for covid hence all the false positives wish ppl would pull there head out the sand & research it themselves funnily this man died pre covid i wonder why yet here we are listening to the likes of bill gates software engineer or dr fauci in 2017 warning us of pandemic people are so dumb it was all planned

The stories and fantasies section is just down from the virus section and I'm not sure where the comedy posts should actually go lol

By the way, PCR can even detect stupidity I believe "

What it can’t do is cure it!

Newry Down

I use public transport very frequently, sometimes up to 10 journeys in a day and the number of people coughing and spluttering is quite remarkable.

Thankfully, I am fully vaccinated and injected so any infections only seem to last a couple of days.

The level of respiratory infections within the general population seems to be very high and those with immunosuppression must be very vulnerable, and are probably wise to avoid contact with outside sources.

Central

"I use public transport very frequently, sometimes up to 10 journeys in a day and the number of people coughing and spluttering is quite remarkable.

Thankfully, I am fully vaccinated and injected so any infections only seem to last a couple of days.

The level of respiratory infections within the general population seems to be very high and those with immunosuppression must be very vulnerable, and are probably wise to avoid contact with outside sources."

The UK is going through a major storm of flu, Covid and respiratory virus infections, which are placing enormous loads on the health service .

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

If it's 'real' Flu you'll be knocked sideways for a week or two. If it's your common cold it should only be genuinely yuk for a couple of days, with you able to get on with most things in life - helpful if you cough just once in a supermarket where people are in the way of shelves you want to get to. You'll get a dirty look and your own human free zone in no time flat!

By *omWarrior73Man  over a year ago

w

Yes the jabs weaken the natural immune system. Then if you catch another viral strain, ie. A cold, a flu, etc you’re more likely to get it worse.

By *omWarrior73Man  over a year ago

w

Very true. Yet some people are still under the illusion that the jabs are helping them.

By *irtysnapperMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

JABS DO NOT WEAKEN THE BLOODY IMMUNE SYSTEM. They do the exact opposite. That’s the whole point of them.

We’ve been masking, washing our hands more, staying apart. And now we’re not. It’s that simple. Masking up when you’re ill should have stayed. It’s common courtesy.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

[Removed by poster at 02/01/23 16:13:49]

I totally agree with you on your comment.....

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I never get sick other than Malaria once or twice a year and it’s not that - but been wiped out last few days with aches, headache, feeling sick and slight temp 37.5 - any ideas what this could be ? Have 7 hour flight to Dubai in the morning too & feel so rough , barely gotten out of bed since Saturday. Just the thought of driving to the airport makes me almost sick

Tin town

"I never get sick other than Malaria once or twice a year and it’s not that - but been wiped out last few days with aches, headache, feeling sick and slight temp 37.5 - any ideas what this could be ? Have 7 hour flight to Dubai in the morning too & feel so rough , barely gotten out of bed since Saturday. Just the thought of driving to the airport makes me almost sick "

Been eating any monkeys lately.?

Tin town

"I use public transport very frequently, sometimes up to 10 journeys in a day and the number of people coughing and spluttering is quite remarkable.

The level of respiratory infections within the general population seems to be very high and those with immunosuppression must be very vulnerable, and are probably wise to avoid contact with outside sources.

The UK is going through a major storm of flu, Covid and respiratory virus infections, which are placing enormous loads on the health service . "

When is the health service not under pressure? It's a daily mantra and has been for many years.

"JABS DO NOT WEAKEN THE BLOODY IMMUNE SYSTEM. They do the exact opposite. That’s the whole point of them.

We’ve been masking, washing our hands more, staying apart. And now we’re not. It’s that simple. Masking up when you’re ill should have stayed. It’s common courtesy. "

Masking up when you’re ill as you put it has not become illegal. There’s nothing to stop anyone doing it. Trying to legally mandate the wearing of masks when someone is ill is ridiculous though. How do you suggest the authorities enforce it.

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

"Soon as I get over one flu I'm struck down with a second dose. I can't remember the last time I went more than 3 months without catching something.

Could it be different strains of covid going around or do the jabs weaken the immune system?"

My doctor told me it was due to being isolated during lockdown, your immune system wasn't being tested enough and it weakened it. Forget all the anti-vax nonsense.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm not interested in speculating on the reasons but I have more friends than ever with long-term severe illnesses or short-term bugs and viruses right now than ever.

Durham

The UK is going through a major storm of flu, Covid and respiratory virus infections, which are placing enormous loads on the health service .

When is the health service not under pressure? It's a daily mantra and has been for many years. "

I don't think the NHS has every been under sustained pressure like this before. It a perfect storm of a few different causes all at once.

"JABS DO NOT WEAKEN THE BLOODY IMMUNE SYSTEM. They do the exact opposite. That’s the whole point of them.

We’ve been masking, washing our hands more, staying apart. And now we’re not. It’s that simple. Masking up when you’re ill should have stayed. It’s common courtesy. "

yeah one of my residents that's covid positive said that it should be them wearing the masks to protect us...

I started wearing a mask again in shops as soon as the sneezing and coughing season began x

By *orny curious cplCouple  over a year ago

ennis

Yes the jab is a killer Well know by now

"Yes the jab is a killer Well know by now"
really not true or helpful.

Just taking my daughter for her next one this week.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Two years of avoiding people, masking up etc now we've all got weakened immunity from the 'common ' shit. Most of these Christmas hols I've been fighting a cold which seemed worse than the last COVID infection I had

teleford

"Yes the jab is a killer Well know by now"

By *ocktoplaywithMan  over a year ago

Derby

Whether or not the jabs have helped our resistance to Covid is up for debate, but I do believe they’ve had an adverse effect on our immune systems, and our susceptibility to more serious conditions.

By *oggingCouple22Woman  over a year ago

Cork City

"Two years of avoiding people, masking up etc now we've all got weakened immunity from the 'common ' shit. Most of these Christmas hols I've been fighting a cold which seemed worse than the last COVID infection I had "
Totally agree with that. Have had the worst flu in my whole life now fighting a cold and both in a month.

Tin town

"Two years of avoiding people, masking up etc now we've all got weakened immunity from the 'common ' shit. Most of these Christmas hols I've been fighting a cold which seemed worse than the last COVID infection I had "

How do get weakened immunity from the common shit.? I mean let's not delude ourselves that anyone but the students actually locked down and even then it was only for a few months. You can't tell me our immune system is so flimsy that it stops working after a few months of changed behaviour. Or does it?

By *imher8587Couple  over a year ago

Kingswinford

Both me & the wife have been the same, I was ill for 2 weeks, better for one week then bad again, sinus/flu symptoms. The wife is bad as well now with the same

Manchester (she/her)

"Two years of avoiding people, masking up etc now we've all got weakened immunity from the 'common ' shit. Most of these Christmas hols I've been fighting a cold which seemed worse than the last COVID infection I had

How do get weakened immunity from the common shit.? I mean let's not delude ourselves that anyone but the students actually locked down and even then it was only for a few months. You can't tell me our immune system is so flimsy that it stops working after a few months of changed behaviour. Or does it? "

It's not a hypothesis that makes a lot of sense to me

This is just not true , our immune systems don’t weaken that quickly . What’s happened is everything has backed up because we’ve not been meeting etc not because our immune system is weaker because of us not meeting

By *otshot14Woman  over a year ago

nuneaton

Make sure your hydration and take honey,

By *hisCharmingManXMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Central

"Whether or not the jabs have helped our resistance to Covid is up for debate, but I do believe they’ve had an adverse effect on our immune systems, and our susceptibility to more serious conditions. "

Better to follow the evidence, instead. Our immunity is helped and improved by the vaccines. The reduced contact and opportunities for other infections, has meant that we've not developed immunity to those other infections that we could have. Then followed the perfect storm of millions of vulnerable people mixing, without the protective benefits that had existed.

Newry Down

I was again on two forms of public transport today; the number of people with barking coughs is very high.

By *fternoonDelight69Man  over a year ago

Southampton

"The pandemic will be officially declared over next month in israel, with the coronavirus being downgraded to the status of the flu.

Funny how the virus doesn't think the pandemic is over.

Don't be daft, Polly, nature always bends to our will. That's why we overcame malaria in Europe, by being very clever and telling it to go away. Similarly smallpox was eradicated because there was business to be done."

Malaria : see chlorine dioxide & Jim Humble. See the experiments done in Africa... videos show the process followed on African villagers that HAD malaria.

Southampton

Don't try to educate them, they just shout 'conspiracy theorist' lol. It's all they know. However, truth will out and there will be a lot of worried, scared and shocked people.

Southampton

Yep. PCR test inventor, Kary Mullis, said that the PCR test cannot test for a live infection.

Did they bump him off prior to Covid as they knew he would speak out against they way they were going to use the test... for example this 'asymptomatic' bs?

Southampton

Surely there is no one that believes this?"

You hope so. But he's right.

Southampton

Is it possible to post a link on here for gene therapy, please ?"

Just search: mrna jabs gene therapy.

This has been out there since 2020 at least.

Southampton

No I haven't looked at it. I'm not clued up with anything.

Like myself it seems most people just haven't bothered going through it "

The people that have get called 'conspiracy theorists' by the conspiracy deniers. Best do your own reading than look up to these people.

Tin town

Don't try to educate them, they just shout 'conspiracy theorist' lol. It's all they know. However, truth will out and there will be a lot of worried, scared and shocked people. "

I don't know about the rest of your post. But I really wouldn't put any money on truth coming out at all. Whatever and whoevers truth it happens to be.

Southampton

"Very true. Yet some people are still under the illusion that the jabs are helping them. "

They are the real 'conspiracy theorists'. They have Stockholm Syndrome.

all around

"Very true. Yet some people are still under the illusion that the jabs are helping them.

They are the real 'conspiracy theorists'. They have Stockholm Syndrome. "

You mean like your feelings for the weird doctor on YouTube lol

Southampton

Don't try to educate them, they just shout 'conspiracy theorist' lol. It's all they know. However, truth will out and there will be a lot of worried, scared and shocked people.

I don't know about the rest of your post. But I really wouldn't put any money on truth coming out at all. Whatever and whoevers truth it happens to be. "

I know what you mean. But it does seem that things are happening behind the scenes. Fauci seems to be in deep trouble. Plus many others connected to the CDC, vaccine companies etc. Tick tock.

Southampton

"Very true. Yet some people are still under the illusion that the jabs are helping them.

You mean like your feelings for the weird doctor on YouTube lol"

You are making no sense.

Tin town

You mean like your feelings for the weird doctor on YouTube lol

You are making no sense. "

Talking heads?

It’s not flu

Phones arent that heavy

No they are not heavy, but when you have the flu or any other serious illness, when you cannot even sit up in bed or roll over etc.. when you need to go to toilet and it’s a half hour mission to cross the landing to get there, when you are cannot lift a glass of water and get your nutrition from someone spoon feeding you jelly from a plastic tub, when you are hallucinating and cannot think straight and lose 5 or 6 days of your life like that. When your body aches so much you want to die.That is the flu.

So sick of hearing on social media and on here etc “I have the flu feel like been hit by a train “

Really??

That is not the flu!!"

By *osaint1971Couple  over a year ago

Near Taunton

Don't try to educate them, they just shout 'conspiracy theorist' lol. It's all they know. However, truth will out and there will be a lot of worried, scared and shocked people. "

We are still waiting for the truth about JFK, Mk Ultra, the gulf of Tonkin, WMDs in Iraq, David Kelly "committing suicide" 2 days after testifying there were no WMDs, Jeffrey Epsteins client list etc.

The truth isn't coming out so don't waste time waiting.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"Both me & the wife have been the same, I was ill for 2 weeks, better for one week then bad again, sinus/flu symptoms. The wife is bad as well now with the same "

I'm glad you posted the above..I'd a cold for a week..then gone about a week ..then back for 3 weeks..a lot worse..

I think there's an as-yet unrecognised virus strain around... probably not COVID

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Or here's a theory, people get sick in winter, like they always have. At this point in time gowever people are hyper focused on sickness.

Personally I've not saw any increase in sickness. I've had 2 jabs and covid at least twice, lockdown also hasn't affected my immune system at all.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

A virus weakens the immune system rendering it more likely to catch another virus nothing to do with a vaccine

Teesside

Get yourselves to the gym. A recent study says those who exercise for at least 30 mins a day are up to 4 times less likely to die from Covid than those who don't exercise at all.

I suffer with Atrial fibrillation and haven't been ill for over 4 years not even a cold, on meds for heart but nothing I even Asked hospital about it..

On other hand I stopped drinking alcohol 4 years now so don't know if its a coincidence.

Tin town

"Get yourselves to the gym. A recent study says those who exercise for at least 30 mins a day are up to 4 times less likely to die from Covid than those who don't exercise at all."

Great advice

Some people are just more susceptible to illness. I rarely get colds, coughs etc. No idea if I’ve ever had covid etc, I’m hygienic (ish), I think you can overdo the cleaning stuff and it probably makes you less resilient..

"Get yourselves to the gym. A recent study says those who exercise for at least 30 mins a day are up to 4 times less likely to die from Covid than those who don't exercise at all."

This too.. Go to the gym, eat well, drink water etc It’s really quite easy to not be a lazy, overweight, illness magnet.

"Get yourselves to the gym. A recent study says those who exercise for at least 30 mins a day are up to 4 times less likely to die from Covid than those who don't exercise at all.

This too.. Go to the gym, eat well, drink water etc It’s really quite easy to not be a lazy, overweight, illness magnet."

Wow judgemental much. Not everyone that is overweight is lazy... or a illness magnet...

"Get yourselves to the gym. A recent study says those who exercise for at least 30 mins a day are up to 4 times less likely to die from Covid than those who don't exercise at all.

This too.. Go to the gym, eat well, drink water etc It’s really quite easy to not be a lazy, overweight, illness magnet. Wow judgemental much. Not everyone that is overweight is lazy... or a illness magnet... "

Of course not, but generally… If you eat well, get fresh air and exercise then you’ll be healthier and less likely to be overweight.

I'm feeling a lot better now.

I do a lot of walking, I eat healthy enough and I drink plenty of water.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Just getting over the worst cold/flu I ever had. Took 3 weeks. I'm rarely ill.

By *aylamoonCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

It’s not flu

Phones arent that heavy

Really??

That is not the flu!!"

I lost my mum to flu in 2019. she had a nasty strain of influenza A. We were shocked when she tested positive because although she was poorly it was more like a bad cold. Flu is different for everyone. It does really irritate me when people are in shops saying they have flu when it’s obviously a cold!

Teesside

This too.. Go to the gym, eat well, drink water etc It’s really quite easy to not be a lazy, overweight, illness magnet. Wow judgemental much. Not everyone that is overweight is lazy... or a illness magnet... "

Attitudes like that are a big reason why people won't go to a gym for fear of judgement

Also,one of the Pfizer directors live on camera in the EU parliament admitted that when creating the vaccine they hadn't tested for transmission,the British woman said "they had to move with the speed of science ",a lot of good scientists say they don't know what the speed of science means,as if to say its made up shite to pass the book.

So the slogan "don't do it for yourself do it for others" was a complete fake advert.

In 2021 it cost Pfizer 76p to 81p to create a jab,they then sold it to the UK for £18,in 2022 upto £22.

You see politicians,scientists etc...always have shares in pharmaceutical companies,oil industries and arms industries,and that's because they always make money,especially if politicians and scientists can create fear and propaganda to get people to buy the products they have shares in.

They get the country in debt by using the taxpayers money to buy the jabs that most people don't really need,but they don't care about getting the country in debt as its not they money they using,but they make plenty via shares going into they bank accounts.

Nobody in power who has a conflict of interests should be allowed to make big decisions for the country when theres personal financial gain to be made.

I don't know about the rest of your post. But I really wouldn't put any money on truth coming out at all. Whatever and whoevers truth it happens to be.

I know what you mean. But it does seem that things are happening behind the scenes. Fauci seems to be in deep trouble. Plus many others connected to the CDC, vaccine companies etc. Tick tock."

Indeed,if the republicans get in power in 2024 rand paul a kentucky senator has said they are going after fauci and friends,they going to investigate to see if there was a conflict of interests involved with the jab rollout.

Sounds interesting

Sounds like bollocks.

I've had four Pfizers. Why hasn't my immune system exploded yet? Hmm."

There's time yet lass,there's a reason vaccines take 7 to 10 years to get right before rollout,and that's so they can study long term side effects,it's only been 2 years.

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

I know what you mean. But it does seem that things are happening behind the scenes. Fauci seems to be in deep trouble. Plus many others connected to the CDC, vaccine companies etc. Tick tock.

Indeed,if the republicans get in power in 2024 rand paul a kentucky senator has said they are going after fauci and friends,they going to investigate to see if there was a conflict of interests involved with the jab rollout."

Yea I doubt Republicans will do anything. We don't even have a new Speaker of the House yet because of all the fighting within the party itself. They can't do anything, including swearing in new members, until a new Speaker is elected.

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Medical secretary here. Not a doctor of course but here's the explanation for what's happening to you

1. It's the season for a LOT of respiratory viruses to circulate (RSV, influenza and of course COVID hasn't gone away)

2. We are more indoors and so in more close contact with each other (= transmission)

3. We are perhaps mingling a lot more probably as a subconscious response to COVID "ending"

4. COVID cases are on the rise because vaccine immunity is waning. That said, people are coming down with COVID but only a minute, very small fraction are getting life-threateningly ill. So the vaccines are working.

4. It has NOTHING with the COVID jabs they don't "weaken" immune systems (unless you're into conspiracies).

This too.. Go to the gym, eat well, drink water etc It’s really quite easy to not be a lazy, overweight, illness magnet. Wow judgemental much. Not everyone that is overweight is lazy... or a illness magnet...

Attitudes like that are a big reason why people won't go to a gym for fear of judgement "

Then perhaps people need to be mentally stronger, stop worrying about what others think and just get on with it. I see all sorts at my gym (I’m far from “gym fit” by the way), I just put some effort into and take responsibility for my own health.

Gym, walking, cycling… There’s a million ways to get exercise.

By *tead88Man  over a year ago

nine elms

If you consider the majority of the country was in a lockdown for 1.5 years, the natural immunity of people dropped a ton. Normal flu season feels like takeshis castle

I'm sick a lot less than I used to be when I drank regularly, smoked and didn't eat particularly well. Also work in my own office, commute in my car and don't have children in school anymore.

Pretty sure it's down to that

It'll eventually be your heart exploding, not your immune system.

By *mizhereMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes Thursday

I certainly seem to be catching more bugs post 2 rounds of covid

"It'll eventually be your heart exploding, not your immune system."

Yep,myocarditis/pericarditis,people want to bury they heads in the sand.

Could it be different strains of covid going around or do the jabs weaken the immune system?

Medical secretary here. Not a doctor of course but here's the explanation for what's happening to you

1. It's the season for a LOT of respiratory viruses to circulate (RSV, influenza and of course COVID hasn't gone away)

2. We are more indoors and so in more close contact with each other (= transmission)

3. We are perhaps mingling a lot more probably as a subconscious response to COVID "ending"

4. COVID cases are on the rise because vaccine immunity is waning. That said, people are coming down with COVID but only a minute, very small fraction are getting life-threateningly ill. So the vaccines are working.

4. It has NOTHING with the COVID jabs they don't "weaken" immune systems (unless you're into conspiracies).

"

Many good scientists disagree with your last paragraph,maybe you need to get familiar with spike proteins etc....

It's ironic,and this is just my personal experience,I work with hundreds of people,and most people seem to be constantly ill,some who were healthy prior to jabs,yet a small amount of us who weren't jabbed don't seem to be having the same problem.

Covid isn't ending,the media just decides when to raise and lower the death stats etc...to create fear,you only have to look at the ONS stats vs news stats to know things were manipulated to create fear,the majority of people didn't need a vaccine,they kept moving the goal posts because there was big money to be made.

Manchester (she/her)

"It'll eventually be your heart exploding, not your immune system."

ok

We'll see. In the meantime, no credible source gives me cause for concern

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"It'll eventually be your heart exploding, not your immune system.

ok

We'll see. In the meantime, no credible source gives me cause for concern "

Løve can sometimes do that. Don't blame it on COVID. And don't blame it on the boogie.

Manchester (she/her)

ok

Løve can sometimes do that. Don't blame it on COVID. And don't blame it on the boogie."

I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my feet...

Maybe I should report that to the yellow card

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

ok

Løve can sometimes do that. Don't blame it on COVID. And don't blame it on the boogie.

Maybe I should report that to the yellow card "

No, that's restless leg syndrome.

Stockport

ok

No, that's restless leg syndrome."

Legendary. Or should that be leg-end ary?

Manchester (she/her)

ok

No, that's restless leg syndrome.

Legendary. Or should that be leg-end ary?"

End of leg day?

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

tenerife

I think we have short memories, every time i get sick i think its the worst and lasting the longest of my life , but really if i think back its probably similar to the previous time but memory of how you felt fades with time.

We are comparing this year with our short memories of the last few years where there was lots of isolating , higher hygiene standards and less opportunity for bugs to spread. But if we think properly further back, there are often winters where it feels like everyone is sick, or flu seems to have been a more serious strain than previously etc etc

By *aughtybynature11Man  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Very true lots of illness going around flu taking longer

Manchester (she/her)

"I think we have short memories, every time i get sick i think its the worst and lasting the longest of my life , but really if i think back its probably similar to the previous time but memory of how you felt fades with time.

We are comparing this year with our short memories of the last few years where there was lots of isolating , higher hygiene standards and less opportunity for bugs to spread. But if we think properly further back, there are often winters where it feels like everyone is sick, or flu seems to have been a more serious strain than previously etc etc "

What do the statistics suggest?

Personally, I haven't had a respiratory illness for over a year. But I understand that that's not a normal experience.

tenerife

"I think we have short memories, every time i get sick i think its the worst and lasting the longest of my life , but really if i think back its probably similar to the previous time but memory of how you felt fades with time.

We are comparing this year with our short memories of the last few years where there was lots of isolating , higher hygiene standards and less opportunity for bugs to spread. But if we think properly further back, there are often winters where it feels like everyone is sick, or flu seems to have been a more serious strain than previously etc etc

Personally, I haven't had a respiratory illness for over a year. But I understand that that's not a normal experience."

The statistics would never be accurate, ive had covid this winter and something else that was covid negative according to tests but the symptoms were worse. Official records know about neither of them because i just self medicated with cold and flu medication and stayed home til i felt better

Theres no way i am the only one nursing myself back to health from mild winter illnesses which is what the OP is talking about unless he forgot mention all the people he knows getting sick being in hospital

Manchester (she/her)

Personally, I haven't had a respiratory illness for over a year. But I understand that that's not a normal experience.

The statistics would never be accurate, ive had covid this winter and something else that was covid negative according to tests but the symptoms were worse. Official records know about neither of them because i just self medicated with cold and flu medication and stayed home til i felt better

Theres no way i am the only one nursing myself back to health from mild winter illnesses which is what the OP is talking about unless he forgot mention all the people he knows getting sick being in hospital "

Statistics are compiled for things like school absences (which could be a proxy for childhood illness severe enough to miss school) and respiratory hospitalisations. We've used these kinds of tools for decades to try to estimate the disease burden in the population. The fact that they don't record everything like some creepy panopticon doesn't mean they can't be used to compare.

If this winter's figures are significantly higher than the averages for, say, 2013-2018 (five years where we can be 100% sure Covid is not in play) that might tell us something useful about the population as a whole.

tenerife

The way i see it is people got sick before the pandemic and they will get sick after it. Sometimes that will be covid, sometimes it wont be because other illnesses still exist.

The best we can do is keep up hygiene levels and act responsibly by staying away from people when we get something and keep up to date with any vaccines we are offered so that if we do get something its hopefully more mild.

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild

Manchester (she/her)

"The way i see it is people got sick before the pandemic and they will get sick after it. Sometimes that will be covid, sometimes it wont be because other illnesses still exist.

The best we can do is keep up hygiene levels and act responsibly by staying away from people when we get something and keep up to date with any vaccines we are offered so that if we do get something its hopefully more mild.

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild "

I think we're still learning and the situation is developing. As with any new phenomenon, we learn over time.

Statistics help with that.

I also know that extrapolation from personal experience has little or no intellectual weight. (maybe hypothesis generation?)

Teesside

"The way i see it is people got sick before the pandemic and they will get sick after it. Sometimes that will be covid, sometimes it wont be because other illnesses still exist.

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild "

Unfortunately some people don't have the choice of isolating even if covid positive. I have two friends currently facing disciplinary procedures at their place of work for isolating when they had covid. Their work treats it like any other absence now so most just soldier on. I'd bet that's similar to a lot of workplaces.

Weymouth

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild Unfortunately some people don't have the choice of isolating even if covid positive. I have two friends currently facing disciplinary procedures at their place of work for isolating when they had covid. Their work treats it like any other absence now so most just soldier on. I'd bet that's similar to a lot of workplaces."

I have heard of similar cases to recently which is amazing considering it probably will be classified as an occupational risk ( Covid) soon as it is already in other countries. Employers are taking a big risk if they take a hard line on this.

Teesside

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild Unfortunately some people don't have the choice of isolating even if covid positive. I have two friends currently facing disciplinary procedures at their place of work for isolating when they had covid. Their work treats it like any other absence now so most just soldier on. I'd bet that's similar to a lot of workplaces.

I have heard of similar cases to recently which is amazing considering it probably will be classified as an occupational risk ( Covid) soon as it is already in other countries. Employers are taking a big risk if they take a hard line on this."

Personally I'd be fighting it tooth and nail and wouldn't accept any disciplinary action. Find out where they stand next week.

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Mostly different strain going around. Virus always mutate to potentially get ahead of the immunity whatever it is origin immunity from previous infections or from vaccination.

Manchester (she/her)

Mostly different strain going around. Virus always mutate to potentially get ahead of the immunity whatever it is origin immunity from previous infections or from vaccination. "

Unless you know you've had a bivalent, the strain of Covid you've been vaccinated against was no longer dominant by mid 2020.

I had a BA1 bivalent, which brings me up to late 2021. We're several generations beyond that now.

Newry Down

There are a lot of young people at present, out and about, who have audible rasping coughs, from an infectious respiratory virus that is prevalent.

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

The Magic whip

We agree.

teleford

As I recall about 6 years ago, long before covid, I had a cold a cough or flu almost continuously for most of the winter, just bounced from one bug to another with barely a few days between. Recent years I’ve hardly noticed any bugs. It’s just how things roll sometimes.

By *iren!Woman  over a year ago

leeds

We've all been locked away washing our hands every five minutes so our immune systems need to rebuild"

Agree! I have been in bed for 5 days (not having fun) and it's definitely because of the above.

Weymouth

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild Unfortunately some people don't have the choice of isolating even if covid positive. I have two friends currently facing disciplinary procedures at their place of work for isolating when they had covid. Their work treats it like any other absence now so most just soldier on. I'd bet that's similar to a lot of workplaces.

I have heard of similar cases to recently which is amazing considering it probably will be classified as an occupational risk ( Covid) soon as it is already in other countries. Employers are taking a big risk if they take a hard line on this.Personally I'd be fighting it tooth and nail and wouldn't accept any disciplinary action. Find out where they stand next week. "

Completely agree, maybe ACAS could help. I can see potential test cases coming before the courts in the next few months

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

The trouble is i think rather than people remember how serious it got and that convince them of the above, for many lockdown fatigue means people will go out and about with all their sicknesses because they can’t bear the thought of being stuck back in the house again because of something they see as being mild Unfortunately some people don't have the choice of isolating even if covid positive. I have two friends currently facing disciplinary procedures at their place of work for isolating when they had covid. Their work treats it like any other absence now so most just soldier on. I'd bet that's similar to a lot of workplaces."

Hell a few months into the pandemic (August 2020) I was told to come in since I didn't have symptoms when my mom got tested and it would of been a few days before she got test results. Thankfully she didn't have it, but I was so pissed because my dad had just gotten home from a 2 month stay in the hospital the day before she started feeling sick.

Now I have a continuous cough.

By *nterdimensionalMan  over a year ago

london

"Now I have a continuous cough. "

Lungwort or irish seamoss will do the trick.

can find/buy both online very easily.

i'd recommend lungwort capsules from british supplements.

"Now I have a continuous cough.

Lungwort or irish seamoss will do the trick.

can find/buy both online very easily.

i'd recommend lungwort capsules from british supplements."

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I used to be fit as a fiddle but now i get colds. I got afew of the covid symptoms atm but tested negative

Tin town

"I used to be fit as a fiddle but now i get colds. I got afew of the covid symptoms atm but tested negative "

The tests don't seem to pick it up for quite a few days.. Until your symptoms start to go.

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Sounds interesting "

Soubds like more conspiracy bullshiete

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I worked as normal through all the lockdowns due to me owning a small courier company. Life went on as normal for me. I was mixing with other people on a daily basis, and all though I've had all my Jabs (four covid jabs and two flu jabs), I've never has any illness since covid began. I can't help think that those who spent the lockdowns stuck at home, isolated from other people are the ones who are now suffering from that non exposure to other people.